Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa Reviews

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa 5
  • Bernadette

Bernadette · Married on 04/06/2019

Absolutely gorgeous!

When it came to our wedding venue, I was actually set on where I wanted it but we decided to look at what other options we had. We had scheduled three visits to some venues, the Hyatt being the 2nd. We had done some researching for the three venues, so we knew what we were expecting. I HAD MY MIND SET FOR THE HYATT AFTER SEEING JUST PICTURES. We had our mind set on an outdoor venue but we had to be open to indoors too, mind you the weather. THE PICTURES DOES NO JUSTICE! The moment we stepped into the venue, we both fell in love and we were done looking. (And this was the indoors venue!!) We had one more site to go but visiting the Hyatt basically made up our minds! THE CHANDELIERS WERE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! My husband and I both looked at each other and we just seen the smiles on each others face and we knew this was the one.

To the staff down to the food! From Michele and Vy and to all that had help for our wedding, they did an excellent job! We couldnt have asked for anyone else. The food, we're still drooling over it. The food was literally mouth watering, delicious!

It was our beginning to our happily ever after. We're so happy we had gone with the Hyatt!

Sent on 07/04/2019
    Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa 6
    Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa 7

Deborah · Married on 08/20/2017

There is a serious reason why all of these incredible reviews highlight the great work that Michele and her team does. She was hands-down the best catering manager that we met with (and we met with all of them in Waikiki, from the Halekulani to the Surfrider!), and the location for 120 people just could not be beat. We decided to do a Waikiki wedding because it would be easiest for the 100 guests we had coming from the mainland, and the Hyatt was the perfect place for us. The palm trees and ocean are gorgeous, the ballroom is beautiful with the glittering chandeliers, the food is delicious, and the whole team is so seamless with how they set up and organize weddings. Although everything at the Hyatt was wonderful, Michele was hands down the best part of our whole wedding planning experience. We bugged her with all sorts of questions and details, and she always responded immediately, honoring previous prices and keeping us nice and calm! On the day before our wedding, we had a room change snafu with the hotel, and Michele was so concerned and caring about how we were doing with it just before the wedding. She truly cares about her clients, and we are so happy that we went with her (and the Hyatt)!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Stacia · Married on 03/18/2016

Michele is amazing and very easy to talk too. She helped make the whole process so easy and any time I had questions she always responsed right away. She just made our ceremony and reception just perfect! I would recommend the terrace for the ceremony it's beautiful! And the food was AMAZING! That's all my guests could talk about it. I definitely loved our experience at the Hyatt.

Sent on 03/22/2016

Rena · Married on 02/20/2016

Choosing to have our wedding at the Hyatt was the single best decision we made in our wedding planning process. Although the hotel is great, the biggest factor was Michele and her staff- all were absolutely outstanding!

We've exchanged countless emails and I have asked an endless amounts of questions, but she's always so patient, quick to respond, and flexible. We didn't have an official wedding coordinator, but Michele made the planning easy for us. She helped guide all the decisions we had to make and even help coordinate our actual ceremony. Michele and her staff are so accommodating, friendly, and kind.

The food was also delicious- especially the prime rib and desserts!

Overall, we are so thankful we chose the Hyatt!

Sent on 04/02/2016

Debie · Married on 09/26/2015

Michele, our wedding coordinator, was not only friendly but very easy going! She accommodated our every need for our wedding from beginning to end. The staff during the reception was on point. Not only were they readily available at any moment but made us feel that all 300 of our guests were all being taken care of. The venue itself was beautiful! I feel in love the the huge chandeliers the moment we walked in. The food was something we never had! We loved it, our parents loved it, our guest loved it!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Michele at the Hyatt was outstanding. She was very patient and helpful through the entire process and we couldn't have been more pleased with the night.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Judy · Married on 09/17/2011

I worked with Michele at the Hyatt and was very responsive, helpful and flexible. The wedding turned out better than I thought, and I received many compliments on the service of the venue and the food of the venue.

Michele was responsive and helpful even though Hyatt was in a middle of strike. Overall, we were really happy with the service and value of the venue.

Sent on 10/05/2011
  • W

Winnie · Married on 11/13/2010

Michele Ganiko, the Hyatt Catering Manager was awesome! She always responded right away to my emails and phone calls and I had A LOT of questions through the year of planning. She would even respond to emails late at night and also when I received responses saying that she was out of the office returning later that week. We're really glad we had our wedding there as the hotel had many great spots for picture taking and they provided top notch service from the valet/bell services to the banquet staff. They definitely catered to all of our needs and we totally enjoyed our comp PH suite! There's nothing they can't do. We saw a 360 ceremony set up from an expo they did in the past and they recreated it for us as well as the wedding cake they made us was one of my fave things that night. LOVED IT!! Not to mention it was very moist and tasted great!!

Sent on 12/19/2010

grace · Married on 10/16/2010

They were AWESOME and soooo EASY to work with. Although my rooms were complimentary because of the package deal i got.... they treated me with FIRST CLASS service!!!! Michele was VERY flexible with me and helped me accomplish my VISION. They made EVERYTHING possible. I HIGHLY recommend HYATT REGENCY WAIKIKI!!!!!

Sent on 10/22/2010

grace · Married on 10/16/2010

Sent on 12/09/2010

Leigh · Married on 10/10/2010

I am so pleased with the outstanding service I received from the Hyatt. Michele was so awesome and patient with us. We had so many last minute changes and some drama but Michele helped make everything go smoothly. I'm so glad that I chose them for my wedding!

Sent on 11/01/2010

Wes · Married on 06/19/2010

Michelle Ganiko is the best Catering Manager in Waikiki, if not all of Hawaii!!! She handled our ceremony flawlessly despite all the problems that she was faced with. The was a construction project, and a parade, and yet our ceremony was awesome!!! She is experienced, and very hard working, and was only interested in making sure our day was special.

Sent on 06/26/2010

Nikki · Married on 05/01/2010

Michele Ganiko made our entire experience at the Hyatt an enjoyable one! She was so easy to work with and helped to coordinate Sven the littlest details that I would never have even thought about! She was easy to communicate with. I'm telling all of my friends to get married at the Hyatt!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Sherrie · Married on 03/13/2010

The Hyatt was wonderful! Michele is great to work with. She does everything for you and is very accomodating. She is very responsive to email or telephone call and works with you to accomplish your dreams. The food was great. My guest can't stop talking about how good the food was. It is a very nice hotel and I believe you get your money's worth with the packages you receive. All in all, I loved the hyatt and there staff. They made my wedding very easy and took care of everything. I highly recommend you check them out.

Sent on 03/31/2010

Robert · Married on 09/05/2008

Everything was wonderful! All of our guests commented on the quality of the food and service. We had a great view and they were able to meet all of our needs. Couldn't have been more pleased!

Sent on 09/12/2008
  • Y

Yema · Married on 07/20/2007

The Hyatt was the perfect place for our wedding ceremony and reception. Michele and her staff were great and very accommodating to our special requests.

Sent on 09/04/2008

Heidi · Married on 07/07/2006

Michelle was our point of contact and she was wonderful. The staff was exceptionally friendly and made my wedding day the best it could be!! We chose to have our ceremony outside on the veranda and it was absolutely perfect!! The food was soooo good and the cake was divine.

Sent on 09/25/2008

C · Married on 12/28/2008

The Hyatt was a great place for our ceremony and reception. The pool terrace was nicely blocked off with new privacy shoji screens so that we could have the ceremony outdoors, while still being relatively private. The beach view from the terrace was also amazing. The Regency Ballroom was set beautifully for our reception and the Hyatt staff ensured that everything went smoothly throughout the night. I would definitely recommend this as a location for any wedding or special event.

Sent on 01/27/2009
  • Dawn

Dawn · Married on 09/22/2011

I'm so glad we did our ceremony here! We had it outside on the Na Lea Terrace and it was gorgeous. The banquet coordinator Michele Ganiko was amazing. She took care of everything and thought of all the little details that I was too busy to remember. We did the smallest package, and it was a really good deal for the area. The packages range from doing all the decorating and vendors on your own, or having it all taken care of for you.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Alyson · Married on 02/21/2009

3.5

Working with Michele Ganiko was a very pleasant experience. She was able to provide expert advice and guides us smoothly through the planning process.
    The food at our reception was amazing! We had people who we don't usually call us call for days after the wedding raving about the food! Our banquet captain was very helpful ont he evening of our reception and was able to provide us with whatever we needed, incuding finding my shoes!
    We appreciated the fact that extra food was sent to our room after the wedding. This showed us that the Hyatt truly understands the what the bride and groom are going through on their wedding day. We were so excited and on the move that the Hyatt was able to forsee that we sould not eat dinner when we were supposed to and that we'd be hungry later!
    everythingw as explained to us in a crystal clear manner, and though there were limitations to what could be done with our cake, the overall value of the expreince and services provided far exceeded any of our expectations!

Sent on 03/09/2009

Johvanna · Married on 08/18/2018

3.5

Michele from the Hyatt was awesome!! From planning to the details to finalizing menu and working with our other vendors the Hyatt is highly recommended. Everything went smoothly and efficiently. The best part was we could have our fur babies with us!!

Sent on 09/01/2018
    Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa 8
    Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa 9
    Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa 10

Emilie · Married on 10/11/2014

3.4
      3.0
      3.5

The ability to accommodate your needs is really important. For instance, we wanted a dog friendly hotel to accommodate our pet. This location did it for us. The service was over the top.

Sent on 12/29/2015