37 Reviews for Hvk Entertainment

Uplighting (5)
Consultation (4)
Liability Insurance (1)
37 Hvk Entertainment Reviews

DJ Havok is the best! The dance floor was never empty. He really knows how to keep the energy up. Everybody at our wedding loved DJ Havok as well. We highly recommend.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/5/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

My groom and I were so satisfied with working with Jose for our wedding at Milagro Farms. I came across Jose through an Instagram post when he was in at my venue. I wanted someone familiar with the venue, could play Hispanic music, could do some announcements in Spanish, and never let the dance floor vibe die. Jose nailed it all!
Our guest danced all night and were shocked that they never wanted to leave the dance floor. He did a wonderful job gauging what songs to select and what guests were engaging in and hit many of our must have songs on the lists.
Funny thing too was Jose, my groom, and I didn’t meet in person until a week prior to the wedding. The first time we were supposed to meet I got terribly sick and was unable to attend. Jose instead suggested a phone interview. My groom and I knew immediately after speaking that he was the DJ for us. Sometimes all you need is talk with someone to know if they are good or not. Jose is knowledge and passionate about being a DJ and entertaining his guests.
Jose also surprised us with up lighting that we could not fit in the budget and decided not to have. The day of the rocks behind my groom and I were all lite up beautifully.
Everything from the ceremony to the reception was perfect. Thank you Jose!

Profile Picture Corey, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Bilingual MC, MC

My husband and I had an incredible experience planning our wedding with Jose. He was recommended by a close friend of ours and we could not have been more impressed by his professionalism and well worth booking! Jose, you made that day memorable and as smooth as possible. We appreciate you and your team! To everyone looking to book a DJ...look no further as Jose and his team are a wonderful match!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sarah, 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I first met Jose at the Bridal Bazaar and knew right away that he was the right choice for a fun and professional wedding DJ. He took the time to meet with my now husband and I several times throughout our engagement and did an amazing job understanding our musical preference. We did not have a day of planner and am so grateful we were able to trust Jose to help run the timeline for our ceremony and reception so smoothly. He was able to read the crowd perfectly in order to help our family and friends have an unforgettable dance party. We received so many compliments on our music and the dance floor was packed all night. An added bonus were his large flat screen TV’s which we rented in order to display a slideshow of pictures throughout the night. Thank you Jose for creating the perfect vibe for our wedding guests!!

Profile Picture Gabby, 7/9/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Jose is the best! Out of all the vendors he was the one that would contact me first and check in to see that i'm doing ok or needed anything. He was always quick to respond whether it was a text or email. Everyone complimented his work and he did a great job keeping the reception/ party alive.

Profile Picture Denise, 11/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jose at HVK Entertainment is such an INSANELY talented DJ and emcee! He was so down to Earth, but also so clear and open with his communication, that we had no doubts about our wedding day. We didn't want the same old wedding playlist and we wanted to let Jose flourish. He is incredibly knowledgeable of music history, every genre, and also is incredible at doing live mixing and scratching if that’s your style, so we decided to let him design our wedding music around a timeline. We chose to begin with processional in the 20s with big band and as we transitioned through the event, the music became more and more current, featuring funk and jazz, all the way to today's top hits and hip hop for dancing. Tons of people have asked for HVK Entertainment's information following the wedding because everyone had SO MUCH fun! From start to finish, Jose showed us that with his experience, creativity, and professionalism, we had nothing to worry about...and we can both say that truly we couldn't have asked for a better experience! We are forever grateful to HVK Entertainment for making our wedding an unforgettable day!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Awesome DJ! He DJ'd our wedding on 09/17/16 and our guests kept raving about how amazing the music was. He played the perfect blend of Spanish music, pop, and hip-hop (Everything from Mamas & Papas, Sam Cook, Taylor Swift, Big Sean, and Selena!!!!). I had a list of songs that I wanted played and he played every single one. He ended up playing one twice at my request because I was a little tipsy and missed a song. Jose was just easy to work with and extremely helpful. He helped us out big time when planning the timeline for our wedding. He seriously thought of everything. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for their next big event.

Profile Picture Allie, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Hvk Entertainment was the wedding DJ for one of our good friends, we got the contact information from them because we had so much fun dancing at their wedding we knew we needed to book him for our wedding the following summer. The dance floor was always packed and he knows how to switch up songs at the right moments to keep the party going. He played songs all night that kept all ages entertained and having a blast. I had the best time at my wedding and a major reason was because of the dancing and upbeat vibe that DJ Hvk created. I am so thankful for him! I also really appreciated how much he cared to sit down with us and understand our venue, personalities, guest list, and overall vision for the night. He was overly helpful and for that I can only rate him 5 stars. He was exceptional!

Profile Picture Sierra, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

BOOK HIM! DJ Jose is honestly the best dj out there. My wife and I found him because of a wedding we went to. We hadn't had our wedding yet and we're engaged at the moment but as soon as we were there we knew that he was the DJ that we wanted to book. He is perfect for any type of wedding, weather it's traditional or non traditional he was accommodating for all of our needs. When we reached out to him he got back to us very fast and set up a meeting to see what we were looking for. From there on he was always in contact with us and if we ever needed to get ahold of him he would respond right away, He came over to our venue to look at it and to make sure that hhe and we had everything to make sure that the wedding went as smooth as possible.

During the wedding he was great. He played the music we were looking for and always made sure that the setting of the wedding was positive and that people were having a good time, it's so important to get a DJ that can read the mood of the wedding and know what music to play to carry it in a positive direction. I honestly can't say enough about Jose! I would recommend him to anyone looking to have an epic fun wedding! Btw because of him our dance floor was packed for about 4 1/2 hours.

Profile Picture Forest, 8/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We are so glad we were able to work with Jose as the DJ/emcee at our wedding.
Everyone loved him! All of our guests kept telling me that they could not stop dancing and that they loved all the music!! I said to them "we got the best DJ that's why!" ;)
Jose was able to keep the party alive all night with his amazing music and he emcee'd in Spanish as we asked him to, since most of our family speaks Spanish.
He also helped us order a sign with our initials to light up the wall, it looked beautiful up there and was perfect for photos!
I can't say thank you enough for everything!
We will always recommend him to anyone getting married or for any other events. Best DJ ever!
Barbara and Edgard

Profile Picture Barbara, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We loved working with Jose! After a short conversation, he knew exactly what we were looking for. He was able to keep everyone on the dance floor the entire night and had all of our guests raving about the DJ afterwards. We would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture David, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Jose – Looking for a DJ for your wedding we highly recommend DJ Jose. He listens, knows who the boss is (the bride), professional, and has a great attitude. We wanted to choose all of the music – he was right there with us. His equipment worked perfectly and set-up was quick and professional. He did a great job!

Profile Picture Colleen, 9/6/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jose did an AMAZING job at our wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. My husband is Israeli so our wedding was a cultural mix of Spanish, English, and Hebrew music. Jose did a perfect job of playing all 3 types of music throughout the reception and had my guests dancing until the very end of the night. We had guests come to our wedding from Israel, and we received many compliments on how well he did. They were very impressed and happy they were able to enjoy the music as well. I originally met with 2 other DJs before and never felt as comfortable as I did with Jose and his experience and knowledge. He understood the type of ambiance we wanted and kept the fun going throughout the entire night. Even though I had a wedding planner, I found Jose through my own search. My wedding planner was blown away by his work that night and was happy I found him because she now plans to add him to her vendor list. He was professional and cooperative throughout the entire wedding process and took note of all our specific requests. I believe a DJ can 'make or break' your wedding, and in this case, Jose definitely MADE my wedding a successful and memorable event.

Profile Picture Annabel , 8/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had Jose dj our wedding in June and he did an amazing job. I only wish we had had more people at the wedding to see how amazing he is at his job. I was the picky party about all of the music from the ceremony to the very end of the reception and he made sure that it all happened right when it was supposed to. No amount of my disney music selections seemed to annoy him either haha.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/7/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

HVK Entertainment and Jose did an outstanding job DJ'ing & Emcee'ing our wedding. Jose met with us two times before the wedding so he could really understand what kind of music to play to make our day as special as possible and totally delivered on all accounts. He was highly professional in all interactions and he takes his business very seriously which I really appreciated. I literally like every kind of music from Frank Sinatra to Calvin Harris and Jose had it all and played the right type of music at the right time (that was key!). He moved around from the reception where he supplied an amp and mixing board to our guitarist, then on to the cocktail hour and finally to the dinner and dancing section, all without a hitch which I thought was really impressive. He also did an excellent job Emcee'ing and letting the crowd know exactly what was going to happen next. We were really glad that Jose had our back during our wedding and he enhanced our event with all of the skills he brought on our big day.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 5/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were so blown away by Jose and his professionalism. Most DJ's are just about music and get fussy if they can't play what they want, but Jose was not only amazing at what he does live but as a business man too. He greeted us, listened to our requests, helped with the fine tuning and then delivered the best dance party we could have imagined. All of our guests were on the dance floor and are still talking about how it was the most fun they have had at a wedding ever. None of the songs played too long and just as you felt like it was time to move to the next song, he was already making the transition! It was such a blessing to have him at our special day and we wouldn't have had anyone else!

Profile Picture Michael, 5/22/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I first saw Jose's work at my cousin's wedding. The music and atmosphere was great and everyone there had a blast. So when I started planning for my wedding I got his info from my cousin.

As an active duty Soldier I was not able to meet up with him until the week of the wedding. Jose talked me and my wife through the the whole process. From walking down the aisle, to the first dance, and through the rest of the wedding festivities. He helped us setup a timeline of events and the songs to go with them. Jose gave us suggestions on songs and sequence of events, while also sticking to our concept and vibe that we wanted.

He was always available to answer any questions my wife and I had, and went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect. He showed up at the rehearsal in order to check out the venue, and was there hours before the wedding started on the day of to setup his equipment and to conduct sound checks. He also brought in his friend who played saxophone (very talented) to play along with the music he played at cocktail hour and reception. He also brought all his own equipment such as speakers, lights, etc.

All in all the music was great, everyone had a great time, and the event went off flawlessly. We had hired Jose to be our DJ but he also was our MC and time coordinator. He made sure we were prepared and on schedule for the events like the bouquet toss, speeches, cake cutting, etc.

Planning a wedding is a very exciting and stressful time in anyone's life. But having a DJ that knows his sh*t and is very user friendly as Jose helped out immensely. I believe the quality of service that we received for the price that we payed was a steal. Without Jose I would have been.. as we say in the Army "lost in the sauce" haha. I will definitely recommend Jose to all my family and friends.

Profile Picture Chris, 3/7/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I met DJ Jose at the San Diego Bridal Bazaar, after talking with him, my fiance and I knew he is the one! He was very patient listening to what kinds of music we want, and then he would play some musics to make sure he understood that is what we want exactly. He offered a very good package deal during bridal bazaar, I definitely recommend going there to meet him and receive the package deal. His music equipment is top notched, he will show it to you at the bridal show. He also has very cool rotating global lights that he can customize certain patterns you want (I think he is the only who has that after visiting almost all the DJ vendors at the bridal bazaar). DJ Jose is very nice and professional, he responded to my texts and emails quickly, and I can tell that he really works hard to make the bride and groom happy and to have a memorable wedding. Unfortunately due to some family reasons, we have to move our wedding to the Bay area, we cannot hire him, or else we would definitely hire him. I remembered at the end of the bridal show, we received so many DJ business cards in our bag, but DJ Jose is the only one we took out from the pile and put it separately because he really stood out from all of the other ones. One thing you will notice from him is that he is very sincere, and he has passion for what he does. In the future, if I need a DJ for any other events, I would definitely hire him.

Profile Picture Karina, 10/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

He was absolutely AMAZING! His music selections and transitions were flawless, as well as his placement of the up-lights. He had all our guests dancing and having a GREAT time. He made our reception PERFECT!

Profile Picture Holly, 10/17/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jose did a great job at keeping the crowd on the dance floor. He was always available to meet and assist us with our timeline. His input and professionalism made it easier for us to focus on other details about our wedding. Definitely will recommend him to all of our friends.

Profile Picture User4469304, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

A couple weeks ago my company Evoke Event Design and Coordination coordinated a wedding on the naval base on Coronado. Jose did a fantastic job from beginning to end and even prior! He was super easy to communicate with via phone and e-mail. The day of the wedding he was prompt and ready to go despite having a very late wedding the night before. This guy doesn't quit! The bride and groom also hired a live band for portions of the reception and Jose was able to work seamlessly with them providing MC services. Once he started playing his portion of the music he was fantastic at reading the crowd and taking requests. He had the dance floor packed the entire night. It was also super helpful that he was able to MC in both English and Spanish because much of the crowd was bilingual. As a coordinator the one person I work closely with at a wedding is the DJ and I would totally be happy to work with Jose again!

Profile Picture Alexis, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Leading up to the wedding Jose made all our planning a breeze. He was so flexible with our crazy time changes and didn't hesitate to ask how else he could help. A huge detail for us was that we have a FULLY bilingual DJ and emcee and Jose filled that detail with ease. All of our guests felt comfortable and included because he went out of his way to make sure to translate without being too lengthy so that our Spanish only guests could be in the know of whats going on. I personally did NOT leave the dance floor all night because Jose did such a great job in noting the type of music we wanted! I have NOT stopped getting compliments on his music selection and reading of the crowd ALL DAY! Everyone absolutely loved him and I don't just mean our guests, but also the other people staying in the hotel the night of the wedding that heard the music and decided to hang out outside on their balconies to listen to have there own party to your music! I had people coming up to me at the resort asking who had put together our music! You have a talent and skill Jose, we could NOT be happier with our wedding day and you held a huge part in that! THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Barbara, 8/8/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jose provided excellent service! He was very professional and very flexible. He had everyone dancing and all my guest had nothing but positive things to say about Jose! Thanks again and good job.

Profile Picture John, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

BEST DJ EVER!!! Jose is a professional and went above and beyond to make sure we had a great wedding experience. He met with us on several occasions and spent hours with us going through each and every detail to make sure we were happy. His experience definitely showed when at times he was able to give us recommendations for songs based on what genres we liked. We had a bilingual wedding since my wife's family is predominately Spanish speakers and my family is predominately English speaking and Jose was able to play Spanish and English music keeping both sides of the family dancing the whole time! Every step of the way from the ceremony songs, grand entrances, toasts,dollar dance and last dance were seamless and there were literally no hiccups. We couldnt have asked for a better DJ and I HIGHLY recommend him and guarantee you will not be dissatisfied if you chose him.

Profile Picture Aaron, 7/26/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jose really made me and my husbands day such an amazing day! He coordinated our event from beginning to end and we literally had people on the dance floor all night long!!! The whole night was flawless and I had the best time of my life. He is such a professional,we met several times to discuss the event because my concern is we were having a bilingual wedding and I just wanted everybody to feel comfortable. And Jose was really able to do this so flawlessing and like I said everybody had such a blast. We are really recommending him to our families for any future events. He even was asked if he could do one of the guests wedding for there daughter.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/26/14, 1 Review