Hunt Valley Catering Reviews

Hunt Valley Catering 7
  • housetyrrell2020

Jacqueline · Getting married on 05/21/2020

Excellent customer service

My fiance and I were looking at this as out caterer for our wedding. The customer service and responsiveness to our questions was quick and friendly. This caterer would have been a great choice if my fiance and I hadn't chosen to go with a destination wedding instead!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Andrew F. · Getting married on 12/10/2019

Outstanding service, quality and value

Hunt Valley worked with my family for a funeral reception where the planning was last minute. Darlene and team were extremely helpful with multiple communications and questions. They worked with our requests and put together a great meal with wonderful decorations. Their crab soup along with the other food was fantastic. Great group of people to work with. Thank you.

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • W

Wendy Wallick · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Made My Daughter's Wedding Perfect

Hunt Valley Catering provided fantastic food, drink, service and attendance at my daughter's wedding May 11, 2019. Darlene and her team made our entire wedding experience easy. On the day of, Carole and her on-site crew attended to every detail and ran everything so smoothly. The food was excellent; our guests raved over the whole experience. Their rates were more than reasonable, and they served as a wedding coordinator on the wedding day. Everything was perfect! I recommend them highly and would use them for my future catering needs.

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/12/2019

So many compliments!

Hunt Valley catering was absolutely amazing. Darlene was so great and so professional, she kept me on schedule even after I had a few cocktails. They set us so quickly just how I wanted and tore down in no time. The food was delicious and we received so many compliments, many people saying it was the best wedding food they ever had. The bartenders were quick and very personable. We had about 84 people at our wedding and the prices with open bar were very reasonable. We We’re able to have a filet and crab cake dish like we originally wanted with out spending an arm and a leg. My husband and I highly recommend hunt valley catering.

Sent on 10/15/2019
    Hunt Valley Catering 8
    Hunt Valley Catering 9
    Hunt Valley Catering 10

Patti · Married on 08/24/2019

Delicious!

We can't thank Darlene and team enough for catering our wedding. They were so flexible with us as we were developing our menu, and were responsive when we had questions. Our tasting was delicious, and the food at our wedding was even better! They also made sure we had a plate of appetizers and mini desserts at our sweetheart table so we wouldn't go hungry and were able to taste everything. Through the night they checked in to make sure we had what we needed. It was a relief to be able to trust them with such a significant part of our wedding and feel confident we were getting a great value for great quality.

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Jacqueline

Jackie Howard · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing August Wedding!

My husband and I got married in August 2019 and had been working with Darlene and Jim since October 2018. Darlene is MORE than accommodating and was always an email/phone call away. All of my wedding planning questions were answered with respect and ease; I did not doubt her expertise once. Darlene helped us design an amazing menu from start to finish - our guests couldn’t stop raving about the food! The service was also tremendous- the wait staff kept saving plates of apps for my husband and I during our photo sessions. The weather was a little warm and our guests never once complained due to the fact they always had food and drink. They even accommodated us by allowing us to have my cousin’s oyster bar with no questions asked, we truly appreciated that. Darlene helped with it all, right down to the table runners and napkins! Thank you Darlene and Jim, we will continue to recommend your excellent services! We truly had the best day of our lives and we couldn’t be more grateful for your support.

Sent on 10/14/2019
    Hunt Valley Catering 15
    Hunt Valley Catering 16
    Hunt Valley Catering 17

Sara · Married on 07/11/2019

We would hire HVC for our next event in a heartbeat!

We were married in July 2019 and started working with Darlene at HVC in November 2018. She was a Godsend. She helped us plan our reception and answered our questions (there were probably hundreds) about everything, from the food pairings and linens to the timeline and flow of the day. Every email was answered in a very timely manner. When the day of the wedding arrived, we had to go with our rain plan. Our catering captain, Jeanie, was incredible--she ran a tight ship! Not only did she rearrange our reception layout to accomodate for the weather, but she kept everything on schedule, despite the weather and unforseen traffic delays. She communicated with us to keep us in the loop, but not so much that we were overwhelmed and unable to enjoy the day. We will be recommending HVC to everyone we know and plan to use them again for any events we host in the future.

PS- if you have a tasting with them, try the bread pudding! Its to die for. I very nearly traded the wedding cake for the bread pudding!!!!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Jacob Smith · Married on 07/09/2019

Amazing!!!!

Darlene and the staff at Hunt Valley Catering made our big day spectacular from start to finish. My wife and I did not have a wedding coordinator and when the time came, Darlene and her crew took care of everything. They kept our plans on track, served their delicious food, and kept everyone's glasses full. We are so thankful for their services and would recommend them to anyone for all occasions. Jake & Jessica

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Jenn

jenn perna · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Catering!

Hunt Valley Catering was amazing! They really did a phenomenal job with every aspect! They were a huge part of our wedding, as we did our ceremony and reception at their home base in Summit Manor. Everything looked wonderful, and the food was incredible! All of our guests are still telling us how great everything was! Working with Darlene was so fun and easy, everything was exactly how we wanted it! Our Captain Carroll was also a very important part of our special day! She personally brought us drinks and snacks when we needed them, and served us our food as well! What an amazing team, and exceptional service! I highly recommend Hunt Valley Catering!!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Denise L. · Married on 06/09/2019

Hunt Valley Catering---They really care about you!

Hunt Valley Catering catered our daughter's wedding and they did an awesome job! I know it may hard to believe, but we cannot think of one negative thing to say about HVC. From the very start it was clear they were willing to work with us (talk about flexible) to help us to create the wedding reception we had in mind for our daughter's special day. HVC gave us very personal service and over the few months we dealt with Darlene, a relationship developed-- were just not another client. HVC has many menu choices and the food was great. They worked with us within the budget we had set. We received many compliments on the food from our guests. The day of the wedding their employees were friendly and professional They worked so hard to get everything in place for us. We had a rain storm come through right after the ceremony and they quickly made some table adjustments at our venue. We highly recommend Hunt Valley Catering. You will not be disappointed with Darlene and her crew!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 06/08/2019

Food was amazing! Staff are even better!

I could not have picked a better company for our catering. Their food is absolutely amazing! We had four passed and two stationary appetizers, salad, three entree selections and two sides. Our guests could not stop talking about how much they loved the food. Not a single person left hungry! We also had excellent bar service provided by Hunt Valley. The staff was absolutely amazing and incredibly attentive. They made sure I had my own plate of appetizers (the mini cheesesteaks are the bomb!) and constantly checked on us. My Husband and I did not have to go to the bar the entire evening because they always made sure our drinks were full! I 100% would recommend them for weddings and will definitely use them for any catered events I have in the future!

Sent on 08/10/2019
    Hunt Valley Catering 18
  • Brenda

Brenda Weinreich · Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful!

Wow! We used Hunt Valley Caterers for my daughters wedding May 18, 2019 and they were amazing! From out first meeting with Darlene, she made us feel so at ease and comfortable that everything would be handled with professionalism and care. Any questions we had were answered with promptness and efficiency. The day of the wedding during setup the catering staff was very efficient, helpful, courteous and happy. During pictures they made sure the bridal party had hors d'oeuvres and drinks The cocktail hour for our guests was set up beautifully and was delicious. During dinner the wait service was discreet and efficient. I cannot tell you how many compliments I had about the wait service and the many special touches they showed our family and friends. Two times that stand out in my mind are when they helped an elderly Aunt in a wheel chair with her dinner. They came to her table and told her what was on the menu, took her request, got her a plate and served her. She was so appreciative that she didn't have to go in the buffet line or have her daughter go up twice. Another set of wait staff saw my niece with my 2 yr old great niece and brought her a plate of mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, strawberries and a special drink all fancied up with fruit! Greta was so excited to be like the big girls! Its those small touches that made us feel like we were their best friends and they really wanted us to have a special day and it really mattered to them. I'm sure there were many other incidents of their help throughout the day that I didn't see but I'm sure it didn't stop there. Everyone told me it was the best food that they had ever had at a wedding. Sugar Bakers did a phenomenal job with the cake it was delicious and beautiful. I would recommend Hunt Valley Caterer a thousand times over to anyone and everyone. When I think of that day even now I get a tear in my eye because it could not have been more perfect and they had so much to do with that. Darlene you should be very proud of your staff. Thank you to all!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Holly Asbury · Married on 05/11/2019

Delicious food and great service

The food was delicious; we got so many comments from our guests about it. The service was also fantastic, the captain, Judy, all the waitstaff, the bartender, the co-owner, Darlene, who organized the event with us - all incredibly helpful, competent, and kind. They were extremely accommodating of dietary allergies/restrictions as well!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Susan Pontuti · Married on 05/11/2019

A Wonderful Experience

I ABSOLUTELY recommend Hunt Valley Catering! We Used them for my daughter’s wedding. They were so easy to work with, the staff was awesome, and the food was incredible! They were so attentive and made everything run so smoothly, I didn’t worry about a thing! I can’t say enough about how great this company is!!!!!!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Misty

Misty Nuzzo · Married on 12/08/2018

Wonderful Food and Even Better Service

We found Hunt Valley Catering through our venue.
    We went for a tasting with Darlene at their main site and instantly knew we had to have them as a part of our December 2018 wedding.
    Darlene was a big part of our wedding planning and even did a full walk through with us at our venue. She was attentive and patient with each question I had leading up to and after our big day (and trust me, it was a lot of questions).

The staff the day of set up our tables and chairs, provided our linens, and served our guests with the best service. Each person we met was nicer than the last!! Jorge was absolutely amazing! He made sure my husband and I were taken care of the entire night.

We could not have asked for better service or a better overall experience. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Hunt Valley Catering 19
    Hunt Valley Catering 20
  • Kelly

Kelly Meehan · Married on 10/27/2018

Hunt Valley Catering made our wedding day absolutely perfect.

We cannot say enough good things about Hunt Valley Catering. We had a fusion Indian/American wedding this past Saturday and Darlene and the rest of the Hunt Valley Catering staff were so absolutely wonderful. Our wedding was a little tricky, we needed to have Indian food for guests that wouldn't eat American food and that meant having an Indian restaurant drop off the Indian food to the Hunt Valley staff to be served with the menu we had selected from Hunt Valley Catering. Darlene made the process so easy and every time I had a question or I thought of something new I wanted, Darlene answered my emails back right away. When I had a crazy idea (like wanting 225 cookies to be delivered and set up or wanting the bar to open prior to the ceremony), Darlene was able to arrange it so that everything was taken care of. On the day of, Jorge, our Catering Captain, made sure that we had all of the food we needed, he frequently came up and asked us if he could get us anything, he even helped us get milk in champagne flutes for a picture of us eating milk and cookies. Guests came up to us and complimented the food nonstop, even on Sunday our guests were texting us about how amazing Hunt Valley Catering's food was. If we had to redo the whole thing, I would rebook Hunt Valley Catering every single time.

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect Wedding Caterer

Hunt Valley did a great job catering our wedding. During the planning process, Darlene was wonderful. I probably asked her the same questions several times and emailed her multiple times a week, but she was always helpful and very nice! We got the steak and crab cake duet and it was delicious! Cocktail hour was great as well! Everything we ate was perfect! Servers were really professional and pleasant as well. The bartenders were quick and we were just really happy overall with Hunt Valley.

Sent on 10/18/2018

may · Married on 09/08/2018

I used this location for a High School Prom. The food was a hit. This company made children who are picky excited about eating. The staff were attentive and responsive to my needs. I'd recommend this company anytime.

Sent on 01/20/2017

J&T · Married on 08/18/2018

Hunt Valley Catering did a wonderful job for our daughter's wedding. We received so many compliments from our guests. Everyone raved about the food. The appetizers were plentiful and the buffet was delicious. The staff did a great job with set up and were very attentive. We highly recommend Hunt Valley Catering.

Sent on 08/25/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/25/2018

Darlene at Hunt Valley Catering was an absolute dream to work with. Her and her team made everything so easy for my husband and I so we truly got to enjoy our special day. Hunt Valley is responsive, extremely professional, and many of our guests said it was the best wedding food they've ever had. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/20/2018
  • Amythyst

Amythyst · Married on 05/22/2018

Hunt Valley Catering was perfect for us! They were very affordable yet still delicious. I worked with Darlene, who is amazing to work with, she put up with all my craziness and last minute changes. They were very accommodating, as I guest who had dietary restrictions. I was worried my vegan guest would only have a salad and I was so impressed when they came up with a wonderful vegan meal for them that they loved!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Kathryn · Married on 05/06/2018

We were so impressed with Hunt Valley Catering as soon as they responded to our initial email because of their prompt, organized response - and that organization and attention to our requests certainly carried on throughout the entire planning process and the wedding day itself. Their staff was so friendly, making sure we and the bridal party were fed and had drinks even though we were pulled so many different directions during the wedding. My husband I were relieved in the planning process knowing that Hunt Valley Catering's staff was so experienced and attentive to our needs. We heard so much positive feedback about the food as well. We will certainly be recommending Hunt Valley Catering to friends and family for future events.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Megan · Married on 05/05/2018

The Hunt Valley Catering team did an amazing job working with my husband and I to customize our menu to our Cinco de Mayo wedding day. Darlene was creative and flexible with the menu, and most importantly left our guests well fed with only positive feedback on the meal!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Maggie · Married on 03/31/2018

Our Wedding was March 31, 2018 and Hunt Valley Catering did a beyond amazing job for our 150 guests! Not only is Darlene very responsive and prompt throughout the whole process but their food was excellent. All our guests commented how delicious it was and what a wide array of a menu they provided. We chose to have a buffet and it couldn't have turned out better. Thank you so much Hunt Valley to your staff!

Sent on 04/03/2018

Michele · Married on 12/02/2017

My daughter's wedding was held on December 2, 2017. Hunt Valley Caterers were wonderful. Not only was the food absolutely delicious, the staff was so excellent. The staff took care of everything and even provided appetizers to the wedding party as they waited to be announced. The reception hall looked beautiful and the event went so smoothly. I received many compliments regarding how good the food was. I would highly recommend Hunt Valley Caterers for your wedding or any event. Michele Calhoun

Sent on 12/16/2017