139 Reviews for Hunt Valley Catering

Premium Liquor (2)
Kosher (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
139 Hunt Valley Catering Reviews

I used this location for a High School Prom. The food was a hit. This company made children who are picky excited about eating. The staff were attentive and responsive to my needs. I'd recommend this company anytime.

Profile Picture may, 9/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Our Wedding was March 31, 2018 and Hunt Valley Catering did a beyond amazing job for our 150 guests! Not only is Darlene very responsive and prompt throughout the whole process but their food was excellent. All our guests commented how delicious it was and what a wide array of a menu they provided. We chose to have a buffet and it couldn't have turned out better. Thank you so much Hunt Valley to your staff!

Profile Picture Maggie, 3/31/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

My daughter's wedding was held on December 2, 2017. Hunt Valley Caterers were wonderful. Not only was the food absolutely delicious, the staff was so excellent. The staff took care of everything and even provided appetizers to the wedding party as they waited to be announced. The reception hall looked beautiful and the event went so smoothly. I received many compliments regarding how good the food was. I would highly recommend Hunt Valley Caterers for your wedding or any event. Michele Calhoun

Profile Picture Michele, 12/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Hunt Valley Catering catered my graduation party, and they were excellent. The staff was extremely quick to get back to me with menu items, ideas and quotes and was very professional. The food was delicious and all of my guests were raving about it. I would highly recommend!

Mackenzie Rice

Profile Picture Mackenzie, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Hunt valley did the most amazing job at our wedding. I honestly cannot thank them enough. I will highly recommend them to everyone!! They were professional and helped with all of the set up and clean up. Thank you so much Darlene and Lawrence and everyone else who made the day perfect!!

Profile Picture Alex, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, American, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine

Hunt Valley Catering was an exceptional service and great value! The food was outstanding and we received a lot of compliments from our guests about the crab cakes. Oh and mac 'n cheese bites. Yup - and the brie - the best! Everything was delicious! The staff was very attentive and did a fantastic job setting up the tables and improvising with decorations where necessary. Darlene was amazingly accommodating from start to finish - she answered lots of questions and was very flexible. Lawrence and his entire staff were amazing the day of - we received so many compliments not only on their service but the amazing quality of the food. When we first met with Hunt Valley caterers, they were very nice, and took the time to go over all of the menu options with us. Their menu choices were very versatile and accommodating and prices very reasonable They also did a complimentary tasting, and the food was very good. It was the same deliciousness at the reception. They did all the set up and clean up of the event, and coordinated the timing of everything. Thanks to the Hunt Valley Team for making our reception one to remember. Incredible food, beautiful set up, and the extremely courteous and attentive staff. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture K, 11/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food was delicious and exactly what we wanted!

Profile Picture Kim, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Vegan

Hunt Valley Catering exceeded my expectations on my wedding day. Working with Darlene was easy and the prices were extremely reasonable. Although I didn't get to eat on my wedding day I received so many compliments on how delicious all the food was that night and was not just typical "wedding food". Everything was professional and things ran very smooth with service that night from cocktail hour, to the reception and even with cutting our wedding cake and placing it out for our guests. The open bar was reasonably priced and a great addition to our reception package. I'm happy with my decision to use Hunt Valley Catering for one of the biggest days of my life!!!

Profile Picture Rashawna, 10/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: No Pork, Champagne Toast, Premium Liquor, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, American

Hunt Valley Catering did such an amazing job and everything they prepared was delicious! Aside from the food, the best part about working with them was how flexible and responsive they were for us. Darlene was so helpful, direct, and accommodating. They provided great options that worked well for our outdoor summer wedding, accommodated last minute requests to meet dietary restrictions, and all of their staff (catering and bar service) were friendly and professional and delivered amazing service that made the busy day go seamlessly, helping to make sure our guests were really able to enjoy and celebrate with us! I've already recommended them for two upcoming weddings that a friend and family member have booked with Hunt Valley and would recommend them again to anyone else in the area.

Profile Picture Kara, 7/8/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

I'm so happy that we chose Hunt Valley Catering for our wedding this past summer. Our guests kept telling us how great the food was - it was fantastic! We especially liked the chicken oscar. We wanted to have a nice meal but stay within our budget and Hunt Valley is a great value. Their prices are far below most other companies we looked at and they also included actual dishes and silverware without extra charge, which is rare - many other companies make you pay even for disposable dishes. The owners were great to work with before the wedding and were accommodating about questions and some guest's dietary restrictions. The staff at the wedding were very professional and did a wonderful job of helping us with formal aspects of the reception like the cake cutting. One of the best things they do at the wedding is make sure that the bride and groom get a chance to sit down and eat. At our wedding, they brought us dinner and drinks to our table (we had a sweetheart table) so we could have a chance to eat dinner without getting swamped by our guests - they took great care of us! This is a wonderful, affordable company and I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Also, they offer a free tasting with many dishes, we were pretty sold once we tried the food and talked with the owner. I really appreciate all the work they did to make our wedding a great experience! The only thing I would do differently is I would have ordered more appetizers - our guests really liked them and they ate them up fast; so if I could do it all again, I would pay for extra. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Liz, 7/2/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: American, Gluten Free, No Pork, Vegetarian, Buffet

Darlene and Hunt Valley Catering gets a 5 out of 5 from us! This caterer is affordable yet high quality. Darlene was so prompt in answering any questions we had and her team set up the venue perfectly. My guests thought the food was brilliant! Highlights were the baked brie, the strawberry and feta cheese salad, and the chicken roma. My goodness, was that chicken roma tasty! I ate all of mine and then stole the chicken from my husband's plate!! This caterer fit right in to our small(ish) budget and went above and beyond in all they did.

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/25/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Vegetarian, American, Italian, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

Hunt Valley Caterers made my daughter's June 24, 2017 wedding a huge hit. We talked to several caterers before deciding on HVC, which was the only caterer that seemed to "get" what we wanted for our large, backyard wedding. Darlene was a joy to work with, incredibly responsive and flexible. She put together a wonderful menu with hot and cold appetizers (crab balls and bacon wrapped shrimp were huge hit), garden salad, and a plated main course of fried chicken, pork barbeque, green beans and roasted potatoes. There was so much food that no one went home hungry. People raved about the food.

The service was also extraordinary! The staff made sure the bride, groom and parents had appetizers ASAP. Table service was superb. The evening flowed wonderfully. Set up and clean up happened quickly and efficiently.

Wish I had more daughters so that we could hire Hunt Valley Catering again. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Sally, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Specialty Beer, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, American

Hunt Valley Catering did a fantastic job catering our wedding! Everything was delicious and easy and they really understood the "upscale barbecue" vision we had for our wedding. We did split plates with friend chicken breasts and pulled pork and they were really great at walking us through all the different options. At the wedding, they made sure my husband and I got a taste of all of the appetizers, and we definitely got a chance to sit down and enjoy the meal. Great service and a great value!

Profile Picture Tracy, 6/24/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, American, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Specialty Beer, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

Hunt Valley Catering was incredible! So knowledgeable, professional, and personable. They were so helpful in the lead up to the wedding with logistics and planning. During the cocktail hour we had a sun shower for a couple minutes, they were great about ushering people under the tent, moving the app tables, and the continuing the party! They made sure my husband and I were fed quickly and were great about feeding the other vendors. The food was INCREDIBLE. Amazing crabcakes and mashed potatoes - no wedding rubber chicken from these guys! Darlene was a joy to work with, even though I probably sent about a million emails, she was always warm and friendly. Also, top notch service. I really wanted a Dirty Shirley during the reception (shirley temple with vodka), they didn't have grenadine with them and so they sent someone back to their shop to pick it up just for me. They really made sure our guests had a great time.

Profile Picture Kate, 6/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, American

By far, this is the BEST catering you can hire for your wedding! Their crabcakes are amazing and they really went out of their way to accommodate our busy schedule for the tasting. Recommend 100%!

Profile Picture User5362415, Recently Married, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations

Darlene and Lawrence were great. They worked our menu and worked with our venue to make the night special and stress-free. The food was very good and everything went so smoothly.

Profile Picture Laurie, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Hunt Valley Catering was so wonderful to work with. All guests agreed that the food was AWESOME! They were very quick to respond and sure to walk us through everything!! They were right by our sides to make sure that everything moved smoothly through our reception. We also accidentally chose the wrong size for table cloths (which was totally our fault), and they made it work and look BEAUTIFUL on our wedding day. This company is so sweet and such a pleasure to work with. We would highly recommend to anyone on their wedding day!!

Profile Picture Casey, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine

Darlene and the staff at Hunt Valley Catering were absolutely amazing from beginning to end! This was the 4th caterer we had met with and as soon as we walked in and met Darlene, we knew this place was different from the rest. They were unbelievably accommodating, and let us try literally everything their menu had to offer with zero pressure at all. Not to mention the food was DELICIOUS and their prices were very competitive and worth every penny. The day of the wedding went so smoothly and the food again, was amazing, even with producing it for 190 people! People cannot stop talking about how this was the best wedding food they've ever had, and I would have to agree with them all. We HIGHLY recommend Darlene and Hunt Valley Catering, they will by far, exceed all of your expectations. We love you Hunt Valley!! Thanks for making one of the most important parts of our wedding day, perfect!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

This company made the wedding day a breeze for me. The taste testing was over the top, too much to even think about eating at one sitting. They were flexible with changes we wanted to make to the menu, in order to stay within the price range we were comfortable with. The food was predictable and what you would expect, no suprises, and DELICIOUS! The day of ran so smoothly, and I knew I had nothing to worry about, that they would be there and take care of everything, and they did. The most helpful part of all was their responsiveness. Being a bride is stressful, especially when waiting for answers and if I did not get an answer the same day, I would at least get a response that my email was received, and when they would be able to get an answer for me. I contacted several caterers, and what sold me on them was the fact that they reached right out to me right when I contacted them. 100% recommend!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Hunt Valley Catering really was the reason our wedding was so amazing. From our tasting to the last second of our reception they were incredible! Darlene and her team handled everything- our linens, food, bar, even the chairs for our ceremony. The food was phenomenal- I've had more than one guest tell me it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. I worried about absolutely nothing- they handled it all for me!! And the value- by far the best of anyone we looked at! We looked long and hard for our caterer and found Hunt Valley Catering and now we will never use anyone but them for an event!

Profile Picture Meagan, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

This review is for Pre-Wedding service. James and Darlene are great! The tasting session we had was phenomenal, and we chose them pretty much immediately. We didn't even check other caterers out. The customer service is outstanding. I can't wait for my event and to see the enjoyment on my guests' faces when they are eating!

Profile Picture User5051592, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Wow, what an amazing catering company! Here are a few reasons why they were awesome *before* our wedding: Darlene responded to my emails within hours (once, she even responded while she was on vacation!), our taste testing was beyond incredible (my fiance and I were given platters upon platters of amazing appetizers, a huge entree including filet mignon and crab cake, and a huge plate filled with different flavored cake slices to take home), their pricing was very affordable for our budget, their pricing didn't have an *hidden* fees, the menus were extremely easy to look through and to adjust to our own tastes, they had an option to include a full, open bar (and it was *very* worth it!!), they took care of the wedding cake, I had numerous questions leading up to the big day and Darlene responded to them all, and they provided a walk through at my venue a few weeks before so that I knew exactly how the tables would be placed and set up (Lawrence was at this walk through and also at my wedding, and he was so nice and professional during both). A few reasons why they were spectacular *during* my wedding day: I didn't have to worry about a single thing concerning the set up of my venue, they laid out everything exactly as I had asked, they had a plate of appetizers prepared just for my husband and me when we were getting our photos taken (just so that we didn't miss out on the good cocktail hour food!), the catering staff were all incredibly nice, I had numerous compliments from my guests about the food (they especially liked the bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer, the gorgonzola and fig purse appetizer, and the crab cake entree), I had numerous guests tell me that the bartender was amazingly generous, and they cleaned the entire venue up within an hour after our guests left. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better or more pleasurable catering experience!

Profile Picture Melanie, 10/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, No Pork, Vegetarian, American, Champagne Toast, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres

Hunt Valley Catering was amazing from the first phone call through to the last seconds of the reception! Communication during the planning process was seamlessly responsive. Hunt Valley Catering was the only contact that always addressed both the bride and groom in every communication. Such a touch of class! Every guest loved the food and were impressed with the friendly service. Jim and Darlene were wonderful to work with, they treat your event as if it was their daughter's wedding! They leave no detail unturned, very flexible with meeting your needs and desires, and extremely pleasant and friendly. Their staff manages your event with the same perfection and exquisite service and friendly responsiveness. Look no further than Hunt Valley Catering to make your daughter's special day memorable, affordable, and miraculous!

Profile Picture Janet , 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hunt Valley Catering was amazing from start to finish! My husband and I were on a tight budget for our (large) wedding, and when we saw the super competitive prices at Hunt Valley, we thought there must be a catch. Well, every single thing we tried was great. Some things we liked better than others, but everything was high quality. My husband and I immediately liked Darlene, and felt so at ease that even though this was our very first tasting, we chose Hunt Valley on the spot. We chose a stations menu that included several appetizers (cheese/fruit display, vegetable crudite, shrimp cocktail, spinach and feta in phyllo, bacon wrapped scallops and pot stickers), stations including marinated London broil, chicken Chesapeake and a variety of pastas, and an assortment of desserts. We were able to order our cake from our favorite local restaurant, and we brought in our own alcohol, but we did include 3 bartenders and bar set-ups from Hunt Valley. Everyone RAVED about the food and service. The staff that worked our wedding was professional and friendly. They brought my husband and I plates of food - TWICE - to ensure that we had something to eat and that our food was hot. They were helpful throughout the night and really went above and beyond to make our wedding extra special. Darlene and her team are competent, and easy to work with. I highly recommend Hunt Valley Catering, and would personally use them again for a special event. Hunt Valley Catering has excellent food at ridiculously competitive prices, and tops it all off with outstanding service. Thanks you Hunt Valley for making our wedding a night we will never forget!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/29/15, 2 Reviews