Hunt Valley Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Heather Getting married on 10/15/2022
    I can't gush enough about how impressed I was with Hunt Valley Catering. My husband and I wanted a non-traditional hors d'oeuvre reception, which HVC quickly accommodated to perfection. The reception ran smoothly and we had nothing to worry about. The setup was better than I had pictured in my mind. Very professional and highly recommended!
  • Jane
    Jane M. Married on 03/25/2022

Delicious Food, Amazing People

Jorge and his staff did not disappoint! I did not have to think about a single thing at the reception! They brought us our food, made sure we always had a full glass of water, and I was never without a drink! On top of that, the food was amazing! They catered to all the dietary restrictions of our guests, and our guests have raved about the food and service.
    Then at the end of the night, they cleaned up everything. They broke down our decorations and transported everything out of the venue for us. I was truly able to relax during my reception thanks to Hunt Valley Catering.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 11/20/2021

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Thank you Darlene and the Hunt Valley team!!!! The food and service was outstanding and it was such a pleasure working with you!! You guys are amazing and so easy to work with but you take care of all the details!! Thank you for making our day absolutely perfect !!
    Kelsey C. Married on 11/19/2021

Couldn’t have done it without them!

Hunt valley catering was amazing to work with! My husband and I had a pretty good idea of what we wanted for our dinner— crab cakes, late night snack, open bar, and family style. They were able to accommodate every request we had and then some. They made the process so easy and Darlene was always quick to email me back and answer the many questions I had. People are still talking about the crab cakes and MD crab soup!!
  • Judy
    Judy I. Married on 11/12/2021

Fabulous Rehearsal Dinner

Hunt Valley catered my son's rehearsal dinner at the Maryland Zoo and their attention to detail was exceptional. Everything was delicious and the crab cakes were superb. The team spoiled our guests and everyone was so friendly and accommodating. The value for the money was great, too. I had never hired a caterer before and they were so helpful and patient with me. I highly recommended Hunt Valley Catering and would use them again!
  • Housetyrrell2020
    Jacqueline Married on 06/07/2021

Excellent customer service

My fiance and I were looking at this as out caterer for our wedding. The customer service and responsiveness to our questions was quick and friendly. This caterer would have been a great choice if my fiance and I hadn't chosen to go with a destination wedding instead!
    Sara B. Married on 06/05/2021

Wonderful caterer!

Hunt Valley Catering did an amazing job catering our welcome reception and our wedding! The food and service was fantastic and they accommodated all of our requests! They made sure my groom and I were always stocked with appetizers and drinks during cocktail hour and dinner so we could enjoy it all as well. We received many compliments from our guests about how great the food was! Our photographer even was impressed as they provided all the vendor meals right as guests were eating so they could all eat and be ready to go! 10/10 recommend them!
    Pine R. Married on 04/17/2021

Incredible food, service, and communication!

We work in the industry and continue to be overly impressed with Hunt Valley Catering and their consistent performance. The food is amazing and the displays are gorgeous. The staff is extremely professional and friendly. Darlene and Jim deliver exceptional catering service to their clients. Communication is very important and they are always extremely attentive. We love working with them during our events here. You are a valued vendor at our venue. Thank you.
  • Amber
    Amber B. Married on 04/17/2021

Amazing food and service

Hunt Valley Catering was our first stop for food- and our last. Darlene was very responsive to our emails and answered all of our questions with ease. Our guests commented on how great the food was, especially the crab cakes. They made sure the bridal party got served (even during photos!) which was amazing. We were very pleased with the overall experience and would recommend them to anyone needing catering for any event.
    Brooke F. Married on 04/16/2021

Fantastic service

They treated us like royalty and the food was phenomenal
  • Emmett
    Emmett B. Married on 11/13/2020

Professional Staff, Amazing Food

Hunt Valley was flexible, priced fairly, and highly communicative, all great things to find in any vendor (and especially a caterer). Darlene, who we spent most of our time in contact with for HV Catering, was incredibly helpful and personable the entire process.

But more importantly for those looking for catering - The food was amazing. So good that we had guests calling us on our honeymoon to tell us how good the food was.

Their staff were also incredibly nice, polite, and professional. They almost felt like guests at the wedding themselves (in the best way possible) with how friendly they were to our guests, and how incredibly nice they were to the bride and I.

Overall, highly recommended!
    Paul Married on 11/10/2020

Exceptional

We planned our wedding very last minute. What started as a plan to elope at the beginning of October 2020, quickly turned into a small ceremony and dinner, and Hunt Valley Catering was there to work with us on short notice. Darlene met with us at our venue and walked us through everything, which is exactly what we needed. The food was delicious, the drinks were cold, the staff was attentive and prompt, and we really felt we got the 5 star treatment on our special day. We absolutely recommend Hunt Valley Catering for your special day and can't thank them enough for all they did!

-Nikki & Paul
    Julie C. Married on 10/31/2020

Fall wedding at Stone Ridge Hollow

Darlene and her team were a pleasure to work with. The food was absolutely delicious and all of guests were raving about how great everything was.
  • Leonormorrow
    Leonor M. Married on 09/20/2020

The most delicious catering company!

My new husband and I are so pleased with Hunt Valley Catering. Out of all the companies we considered, they had the most delicious food by far, AND they were one of the most affordable! We are super impressed with the quality, service, and communication. Darlene was so quick to answer all my emails, attended a venue walkthrough, and helped my vision come to life! All our guests were super impressed by the food-- the Chicken Chesapeake was definitely a favorite!
  • W
    Wayne A. Married on 09/12/2020

Professional and Excellent service!

Darlene and staff were helpful from start! We chose a BBQ style catering with Pit Beef/Turkey and Sausage menu. Staff on time! Excellent food and service! Highly recommend Hunt Valley for your catering needs!
  • Rachel
    Rachel B. Married on 07/18/2020

Highly recommend!

From start to finish Hunt Valley Catering was amazing to work with. They are so reasonable and their food is delicious! The presentation was everything I wanted for my wedding. I was orginally supposed to have my wedding on 3.21.2020 but due to coronavirus everything was shut down that week. We had to postpone our reception twice. Darlene didn't just want to get the job done she truly cared. I felt like she was just as devastated as I was to have to postpone. She did everything she could to make sure our experience, even with restrictions, was just as we wanted. I could not have asked for a better experience with a catering company. Everyone has not stopped talking about all of the food at our wedding! The French onion soup and mac & cheese hors d'oeuvres were a hit!!
  • Trish
    Trish S. Married on 05/16/2020

Trish & Bill's Wedding during covid 19

This was actually our wedding redo.our original date was may 16 2020.hunt valley adjusted accordingly to July 24.Darlene and her staff were spot on with everything from table setting to the awesome food.you will not be disappointed if you hire hunt valley for your next event or wedding.thank you all for making our wedding day worry free.
    Andrew Married on 12/10/2019

Outstanding service, quality and value

Hunt Valley worked with my family for a funeral reception where the planning was last minute. Darlene and team were extremely helpful with multiple communications and questions. They worked with our requests and put together a great meal with wonderful decorations. Their crab soup along with the other food was fantastic. Great group of people to work with. Thank you.
  • W
    Wendy W. Married on 11/05/2019

Made My Daughter's Wedding Perfect

Hunt Valley Catering provided fantastic food, drink, service and attendance at my daughter's wedding May 11, 2019. Darlene and her team made our entire wedding experience easy. On the day of, Carole and her on-site crew attended to every detail and ran everything so smoothly. The food was excellent; our guests raved over the whole experience. Their rates were more than reasonable, and they served as a wedding coordinator on the wedding day. Everything was perfect! I recommend them highly and would use them for my future catering needs.
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn Married on 10/12/2019

So many compliments!

Hunt Valley catering was absolutely amazing. Darlene was so great and so professional, she kept me on schedule even after I had a few cocktails. They set us so quickly just how I wanted and tore down in no time. The food was delicious and we received so many compliments, many people saying it was the best wedding food they ever had. The bartenders were quick and very personable. We had about 84 people at our wedding and the prices with open bar were very reasonable. We We’re able to have a filet and crab cake dish like we originally wanted with out spending an arm and a leg. My husband and I highly recommend hunt valley catering.
  • Jessica
    Jessica E. Married on 09/06/2019

Delicious Food, Phenomenal Service, Excellent Value!

Hunt Valley Catering did a fantastic job catering my 9/6/19 wedding! The food was delicious (especially the crab cakes), and the service was exceptional. The staff went above and beyond to make sure my new husband and I were taken care of--they had a plate of appetizers ready for us as we finished up post-ceremony photos and they made sure we had a full drink throughout the night. Darlene and her team were wonderful to work with throughout the process, and she was always very responsive to our questions. We are so happy we chose Hunt Valley Catering for their quality, value, and service!
    Patti Married on 08/24/2019

Delicious!

We can't thank Darlene and team enough for catering our wedding. They were so flexible with us as we were developing our menu, and were responsive when we had questions. Our tasting was delicious, and the food at our wedding was even better! They also made sure we had a plate of appetizers and mini desserts at our sweetheart table so we wouldn't go hungry and were able to taste everything. Through the night they checked in to make sure we had what we needed. It was a relief to be able to trust them with such a significant part of our wedding and feel confident we were getting a great value for great quality.
  • Jacqueline
    Jackie H. Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing August Wedding!

My husband and I got married in August 2019 and had been working with Darlene and Jim since October 2018. Darlene is MORE than accommodating and was always an email/phone call away. All of my wedding planning questions were answered with respect and ease; I did not doubt her expertise once. Darlene helped us design an amazing menu from start to finish - our guests couldn’t stop raving about the food! The service was also tremendous- the wait staff kept saving plates of apps for my husband and I during our photo sessions. The weather was a little warm and our guests never once complained due to the fact they always had food and drink. They even accommodated us by allowing us to have my cousin’s oyster bar with no questions asked, we truly appreciated that. Darlene helped with it all, right down to the table runners and napkins! Thank you Darlene and Jim, we will continue to recommend your excellent services! We truly had the best day of our lives and we couldn’t be more grateful for your support.
    Sara Married on 07/11/2019

We would hire HVC for our next event in a heartbeat!

We were married in July 2019 and started working with Darlene at HVC in November 2018. She was a Godsend. She helped us plan our reception and answered our questions (there were probably hundreds) about everything, from the food pairings and linens to the timeline and flow of the day. Every email was answered in a very timely manner. When the day of the wedding arrived, we had to go with our rain plan. Our catering captain, Jeanie, was incredible--she ran a tight ship! Not only did she rearrange our reception layout to accomodate for the weather, but she kept everything on schedule, despite the weather and unforseen traffic delays. She communicated with us to keep us in the loop, but not so much that we were overwhelmed and unable to enjoy the day. We will be recommending HVC to everyone we know and plan to use them again for any events we host in the future.

PS- if you have a tasting with them, try the bread pudding! Its to die for. I very nearly traded the wedding cake for the bread pudding!!!!
    Jacob S. Married on 07/09/2019

Amazing!!!!

Darlene and the staff at Hunt Valley Catering made our big day spectacular from start to finish. My wife and I did not have a wedding coordinator and when the time came, Darlene and her crew took care of everything. They kept our plans on track, served their delicious food, and kept everyone's glasses full. We are so thankful for their services and would recommend them to anyone for all occasions. Jake & Jessica