Hunt Valley Catering Reviews

148 | Monkton, MD

148 Reviews for Hunt Valley Catering

• Kelly

Kelly Meehan · Married on 10/27/2018

Hunt Valley Catering made our wedding day absolutely perfect.

We cannot say enough good things about Hunt Valley Catering. We had a fusion Indian/American wedding this past Saturday and Darlene and the rest of the Hunt Valley Catering staff were so absolutely wonderful. Our wedding was a little tricky, we needed to have Indian food for guests that wouldn't eat American food and that meant having an Indian restaurant drop off the Indian food to the Hunt Valley staff to be served with the menu we had selected from Hunt Valley Catering. Darlene made the process so easy and every time I had a question or I thought of something new I wanted, Darlene answered my emails back right away. When I had a crazy idea (like wanting 225 cookies to be delivered and set up or wanting the bar to open prior to the ceremony), Darlene was able to arrange it so that everything was taken care of. On the day of, Jorge, our Catering Captain, made sure that we had all of the food we needed, he frequently came up and asked us if he could get us anything, he even helped us get milk in champagne flutes for a picture of us eating milk and cookies. Guests came up to us and complimented the food nonstop, even on Sunday our guests were texting us about how amazing Hunt Valley Catering's food was. If we had to redo the whole thing, I would rebook Hunt Valley Catering every single time.

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect Wedding Caterer

Hunt Valley did a great job catering our wedding. During the planning process, Darlene was wonderful. I probably asked her the same questions several times and emailed her multiple times a week, but she was always helpful and very nice! We got the steak and crab cake duet and it was delicious! Cocktail hour was great as well! Everything we ate was perfect! Servers were really professional and pleasant as well. The bartenders were quick and we were just really happy overall with Hunt Valley.

may · Married on 09/08/2018

I used this location for a High School Prom. The food was a hit. This company made children who are picky excited about eating. The staff were attentive and responsive to my needs. I'd recommend this company anytime.

J&T · Married on 08/18/2018

Hunt Valley Catering did a wonderful job for our daughter's wedding. We received so many compliments from our guests. Everyone raved about the food. The appetizers were plentiful and the buffet was delicious. The staff did a great job with set up and were very attentive. We highly recommend Hunt Valley Catering.

Amanda · Married on 05/25/2018

Darlene at Hunt Valley Catering was an absolute dream to work with. Her and her team made everything so easy for my husband and I so we truly got to enjoy our special day. Hunt Valley is responsive, extremely professional, and many of our guests said it was the best wedding food they've ever had. I highly recommend them!

• Amythyst

Amythyst · Married on 05/22/2018

Hunt Valley Catering was perfect for us! They were very affordable yet still delicious. I worked with Darlene, who is amazing to work with, she put up with all my craziness and last minute changes. They were very accommodating, as I guest who had dietary restrictions. I was worried my vegan guest would only have a salad and I was so impressed when they came up with a wonderful vegan meal for them that they loved!

Kathryn · Married on 05/06/2018

We were so impressed with Hunt Valley Catering as soon as they responded to our initial email because of their prompt, organized response - and that organization and attention to our requests certainly carried on throughout the entire planning process and the wedding day itself. Their staff was so friendly, making sure we and the bridal party were fed and had drinks even though we were pulled so many different directions during the wedding. My husband I were relieved in the planning process knowing that Hunt Valley Catering's staff was so experienced and attentive to our needs. We heard so much positive feedback about the food as well. We will certainly be recommending Hunt Valley Catering to friends and family for future events.

Megan · Married on 05/05/2018

The Hunt Valley Catering team did an amazing job working with my husband and I to customize our menu to our Cinco de Mayo wedding day. Darlene was creative and flexible with the menu, and most importantly left our guests well fed with only positive feedback on the meal!

Maggie · Married on 03/31/2018

Our Wedding was March 31, 2018 and Hunt Valley Catering did a beyond amazing job for our 150 guests! Not only is Darlene very responsive and prompt throughout the whole process but their food was excellent. All our guests commented how delicious it was and what a wide array of a menu they provided. We chose to have a buffet and it couldn't have turned out better. Thank you so much Hunt Valley to your staff!

Michele · Married on 12/02/2017

My daughter's wedding was held on December 2, 2017. Hunt Valley Caterers were wonderful. Not only was the food absolutely delicious, the staff was so excellent. The staff took care of everything and even provided appetizers to the wedding party as they waited to be announced. The reception hall looked beautiful and the event went so smoothly. I received many compliments regarding how good the food was. I would highly recommend Hunt Valley Caterers for your wedding or any event. Michele Calhoun

Mackenzie · Married on 12/02/2017

Hunt Valley Catering catered my graduation party, and they were excellent. The staff was extremely quick to get back to me with menu items, ideas and quotes and was very professional. The food was delicious and all of my guests were raving about it. I would highly recommend!

Mackenzie Rice

Alex · Married on 11/18/2017

Hunt valley did the most amazing job at our wedding. I honestly cannot thank them enough. I will highly recommend them to everyone!! They were professional and helped with all of the set up and clean up. Thank you so much Darlene and Lawrence and everyone else who made the day perfect!!

K · Married on 11/10/2017

Hunt Valley Catering was an exceptional service and great value! The food was outstanding and we received a lot of compliments from our guests about the crab cakes. Oh and mac 'n cheese bites. Yup - and the brie - the best! Everything was delicious! The staff was very attentive and did a fantastic job setting up the tables and improvising with decorations where necessary. Darlene was amazingly accommodating from start to finish - she answered lots of questions and was very flexible. Lawrence and his entire staff were amazing the day of - we received so many compliments not only on their service but the amazing quality of the food. When we first met with Hunt Valley caterers, they were very nice, and took the time to go over all of the menu options with us. Their menu choices were very versatile and accommodating and prices very reasonable They also did a complimentary tasting, and the food was very good. It was the same deliciousness at the reception. They did all the set up and clean up of the event, and coordinated the timing of everything. Thanks to the Hunt Valley Team for making our reception one to remember. Incredible food, beautiful set up, and the extremely courteous and attentive staff. I highly recommend them.

Kim · Married on 10/21/2017

The food was delicious and exactly what we wanted!

• Boykin1017

Rashawna · Married on 10/13/2017

Hunt Valley Catering exceeded my expectations on my wedding day. Working with Darlene was easy and the prices were extremely reasonable. Although I didn't get to eat on my wedding day I received so many compliments on how delicious all the food was that night and was not just typical "wedding food". Everything was professional and things ran very smooth with service that night from cocktail hour, to the reception and even with cutting our wedding cake and placing it out for our guests. The open bar was reasonably priced and a great addition to our reception package. I'm happy with my decision to use Hunt Valley Catering for one of the biggest days of my life!!!

Kara · Married on 07/08/2017

Hunt Valley Catering did such an amazing job and everything they prepared was delicious! Aside from the food, the best part about working with them was how flexible and responsive they were for us. Darlene was so helpful, direct, and accommodating. They provided great options that worked well for our outdoor summer wedding, accommodated last minute requests to meet dietary restrictions, and all of their staff (catering and bar service) were friendly and professional and delivered amazing service that made the busy day go seamlessly, helping to make sure our guests were really able to enjoy and celebrate with us! I've already recommended them for two upcoming weddings that a friend and family member have booked with Hunt Valley and would recommend them again to anyone else in the area.

Liz · Married on 07/02/2017

I'm so happy that we chose Hunt Valley Catering for our wedding this past summer. Our guests kept telling us how great the food was - it was fantastic! We especially liked the chicken oscar. We wanted to have a nice meal but stay within our budget and Hunt Valley is a great value. Their prices are far below most other companies we looked at and they also included actual dishes and silverware without extra charge, which is rare - many other companies make you pay even for disposable dishes. The owners were great to work with before the wedding and were accommodating about questions and some guest's dietary restrictions. The staff at the wedding were very professional and did a wonderful job of helping us with formal aspects of the reception like the cake cutting. One of the best things they do at the wedding is make sure that the bride and groom get a chance to sit down and eat. At our wedding, they brought us dinner and drinks to our table (we had a sweetheart table) so we could have a chance to eat dinner without getting swamped by our guests - they took great care of us! This is a wonderful, affordable company and I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Also, they offer a free tasting with many dishes, we were pretty sold once we tried the food and talked with the owner. I really appreciate all the work they did to make our wedding a great experience! The only thing I would do differently is I would have ordered more appetizers - our guests really liked them and they ate them up fast; so if I could do it all again, I would pay for extra. Highly recommend!

Kelly · Married on 06/25/2017

Darlene and Hunt Valley Catering gets a 5 out of 5 from us! This caterer is affordable yet high quality. Darlene was so prompt in answering any questions we had and her team set up the venue perfectly. My guests thought the food was brilliant! Highlights were the baked brie, the strawberry and feta cheese salad, and the chicken roma. My goodness, was that chicken roma tasty! I ate all of mine and then stole the chicken from my husband's plate!! This caterer fit right in to our small(ish) budget and went above and beyond in all they did.

Sally · Married on 06/24/2017

Hunt Valley Caterers made my daughter's June 24, 2017 wedding a huge hit. We talked to several caterers before deciding on HVC, which was the only caterer that seemed to "get" what we wanted for our large, backyard wedding. Darlene was a joy to work with, incredibly responsive and flexible. She put together a wonderful menu with hot and cold appetizers (crab balls and bacon wrapped shrimp were huge hit), garden salad, and a plated main course of fried chicken, pork barbeque, green beans and roasted potatoes. There was so much food that no one went home hungry. People raved about the food.

The service was also extraordinary! The staff made sure the bride, groom and parents had appetizers ASAP. Table service was superb. The evening flowed wonderfully. Set up and clean up happened quickly and efficiently.

Wish I had more daughters so that we could hire Hunt Valley Catering again. I highly recommend them.

Tracy · Married on 06/24/2017

Hunt Valley Catering did a fantastic job catering our wedding! Everything was delicious and easy and they really understood the "upscale barbecue" vision we had for our wedding. We did split plates with friend chicken breasts and pulled pork and they were really great at walking us through all the different options. At the wedding, they made sure my husband and I got a taste of all of the appetizers, and we definitely got a chance to sit down and enjoy the meal. Great service and a great value!

Kate · Married on 06/17/2017

Hunt Valley Catering was incredible! So knowledgeable, professional, and personable. They were so helpful in the lead up to the wedding with logistics and planning. During the cocktail hour we had a sun shower for a couple minutes, they were great about ushering people under the tent, moving the app tables, and the continuing the party! They made sure my husband and I were fed quickly and were great about feeding the other vendors. The food was INCREDIBLE. Amazing crabcakes and mashed potatoes - no wedding rubber chicken from these guys! Darlene was a joy to work with, even though I probably sent about a million emails, she was always warm and friendly. Also, top notch service. I really wanted a Dirty Shirley during the reception (shirley temple with vodka), they didn't have grenadine with them and so they sent someone back to their shop to pick it up just for me. They really made sure our guests had a great time.

Megan · Married on 06/11/2017

By far, this is the BEST catering you can hire for your wedding! Their crabcakes are amazing and they really went out of their way to accommodate our busy schedule for the tasting. Recommend 100%!

Laurie · Married on 06/03/2017

Darlene and Lawrence were great. They worked our menu and worked with our venue to make the night special and stress-free. The food was very good and everything went so smoothly.

Casey · Married on 04/22/2017

Hunt Valley Catering was so wonderful to work with. All guests agreed that the food was AWESOME! They were very quick to respond and sure to walk us through everything!! They were right by our sides to make sure that everything moved smoothly through our reception. We also accidentally chose the wrong size for table cloths (which was totally our fault), and they made it work and look BEAUTIFUL on our wedding day. This company is so sweet and such a pleasure to work with. We would highly recommend to anyone on their wedding day!!