Hudson Valley Officiants Reviews

Hudson Valley Officiants 5
Hudson Valley Officiants 6
Hudson Valley Officiants 7

Nabilah · Getting married on 10/02/2020

Reverend Louis made the ceremony very enjoyable for everyone, made it very lovely and also provided comical relief during certain moments. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 09/04/2017
  • Dylan

Dylan Skip Hileman · Getting married on 07/05/2020

Professionalism, Expertise, Quality.

Reverend Louis was a complete professional from beginning to end. Once we decided to approach Hudson Valley Officiants, we were not once disappointed in our choice. I am a rather tough skeptic due to a career of dealing with salespeople, but Reverend Louis did nothing to make me suspicious or think we should not trust him. Reverend Louis met with us several times and conveyed a genuine interest in our relationship. At no point did I feel like he was attempting to sell us on any extra services or drive up his price inappropriately. The whole process was very transparent and pleasant. He was quick to respond to all emails and phone calls. He kept very in-touch and accessible. When it came time for the ceremony, Reverend Louis showed up early and made his presence known. He did an outstanding job in general, but for me, he really shined in his work to prepare us as a couple. Reverend Louis of course walked us through the legal ins and outs of what we were doing, but he also gave advice like what exactly to bring to the clerk's office, how exactly to fill out the forms, how many marriage certificate copies to order so we aren't scrambling for documents to get to this agency or that authority, everything we have to do to change my wife's last name, even how to get the most out of our venue and what we could expect from other vendors we were considering. He made a special point to make sure we were both sober and aware of all the things the document we were to sign meant before allowing us and our witnesses to sign it. The signed license was immediately filed with the State and we had no problems. I always felt like we were in very good hands.
    The ceremony he provided was beautiful and concise. In preparation, he set the wedding parties at ease with his humor and professionalism. He was respectful but also very much "in-charge" when it came to how the ceremony was going to go and made sure we as the Bride & Groom were not going to have to deal with any nonsense. Every option we selected happened. I would recommend Reverend Louis and Hudson Valley Officiants to anybody considering them to do their wedding. There's enough insanity that can happen during a wedding. I loved Reverend Louis because there wasn't any drama with him, but the real magic of Reverend Louis is his ability to prevent drama before it starts. We got every penny's worth of our money, in my opinion.

• Caitlin

Caitlin Dilks · Getting married on 04/06/2020

Reverend Louis is THE BEST!

When my now husband and I were beginning wedding planning, we were anxious in figuring out how to blend his and his family’s Catholic background and mine and my family’s agnostic one. Rev. Lou came highly recommended by our wedding venue, The Grandview. After speaking to him on the phone, I instantly knew he was the perfect officiant for us. They warned us he was very popular and thus books well in advance, but he was luckily available 1 year out for our wedding.

Rev. Lou was originally an ordained Catholic priest who broke away from the church and went towards more of a Unitarian denomination. He’s funny, cares deeply about his job, easy to work with, and did a phenomenal job in writing a custom ceremony for us. It was the perfect blend of light religion and spirituality, and I loved that he met with us a month prior and designed it with us, so it was customized to our level of beliefs.

My parents and extended family (again, mostly agnostic) raved about what a delight he was in performing our ceremony. I’ve been to a few weddings where the religious figure seems to be a bit rude to the couple and/or the ceremony is very impersonal – Rev. Lou is the exact opposite of those! I have nothing but amazing words to describe him and how he performed our wedding ceremony.

Seriously, book him now! You won’t regret it!

Kelli Spadaccini · Getting married on 03/06/2020

Reverend Louis from HVO

My husband and I were lucky enough to have Reverend Louis from Hudson Valley Officiants marry us! We got married at the beautiful Red Maple Vineyard and HVO was on the venue's recommended vendors list. They were the first and last officiant company we reached out to because one conversation on the phone with Reverend Louis was all it took for us to decide we wanted him to do our ceremony! From that first phone consultation all the way through to our wedding day, Reverend Louis was extremely friendly, accommodating, and thorough when creating the perfect personalized and custom wedding ceremony. He made sure to incorporate or leave out certain elements in order to create a one of a kind ceremony tailored to my husband and I. After the ceremony, a lot of our guests came up to us to remark on how amazing Rev. Louis was! He added personal touches, a bit of religious elements, and of course humor! Our beautiful ceremony was made so special and memorable thanks to Rev. Louis. My husband and I would recommend him to anyone getting married in the hudson valley and surrounding areas!!

Hudson Valley Officiants 8
    Hudson Valley Officiants 9
    Hudson Valley Officiants 10
    Hudson Valley Officiants 11
    Hudson Valley Officiants 12
  • Taylor

Taylor rabbett · Married on 10/12/2019

Couldn’t ask for a better officiant! Highly recommend!

Could not ask for a better officiant than Hudson Valley Officiants! I originally met them at a bridal show and although we had a short interaction something about Reverend Louis’ personality stuck with me and I quickly had my heart set on having him officiate our wedding. We chose the package that comes with personalization and two consultations. The consultations are such a personal inviting experience I highly recommend getting the package that includes them. Reverend Louis had so many ideas for the ceremony that I had never even thought of including a special rose ceremony for our mothers that added a special touch. We also had a remembrance, sand ceremony, and Family blessing (as my husband gained a stepson). We also were able to show him our personalities at the consultations and have my son meet him ahead of time as my son was such a big part of the ceremony as well. Reverend Louis is so inviting he had my shy 7 year old chatting with him like it was his best friend which made things run so much smoother. He added such a light hearted and comical and yet intimate feeling to my ceremony that now, two weeks after the wedding I am still receiving compliments on it. Our personalization answers were seamlessly added into our ceremony adding humor and allowing our guests a closer glimpse into our love story. We were unable to schedule a rehearsal due to timing with my bridal party but Reverend Louis made sure to go over exactly what was going to happen during our consultation and on the morning of the wedding so everyone felt completely comfortable with how they were walking in and standing. Reverend Louis clearly puts his heart into his work and is very knowledgeable. I highly recommend Hudson Valley Officiants and plan on having Reverend Louis officiate again when we renew our vows in the future. Thanks again Rev Lou!

Sent on 10/27/2019
    Hudson Valley Officiants 13
    Hudson Valley Officiants 14
    Hudson Valley Officiants 15
  • Todd

Todd Vanbuskirk · Married on 10/12/2019

Rev. Lou is the best, couldn’t ask for better!

We used rev. Lou. You could t ask for a better man. He was on time, he worked with you every step of the way. We added a few custom touches and he fit them in and made it flow with ease there was no rushing. He focused on keeping the audience’s attention and making us comfortable. He took the nervousness out of the air and helped me focus on my bride and what the day meant. I couldn’t ask for better.

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/11/2019

A Beautiful, Touching, and Fun Ceremony!

Reverend Louis really went above and beyond anything we could have dreamed of for our wedding day! From the very first time we spoke on the phone with him, we knew we wanted him to be part of our day. While humorous, he is also conscientious, professional, and a genuinely nice person. He crafted a beautiful ceremony that our friends and family still compliment today. On the day, just a few hours before walking down the aisle, his humor and calmness helped me get rid of any anxiety that I might have been feeling. Reverend Louis was really one of the best parts of our wedding, and we truly couldn't be any happier with the service we received! We would recommend Reverend Louis 100%!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Kasandra

Kasandra · Married on 10/05/2019

Rev. Louis is Amazing!!!

Rev Louis did an amazing job officiating our wedding! So many of our guests told us they really enjoyed the ceremony and loved Rev. Louis. He took extra time with us during our initial meeting to go over all the details and what we wanted. He really seemed like he wanted to get to know us. He was always prompt and professional with all correspondence and was very helpful when we had an issue applying for our wedding license. He arrived early at our venue and went over all the details with everyone. He is very busy so make sure you book him early! We are so pleased with Rev. Louis and our ceremony!

Sent on 11/07/2019
    Hudson Valley Officiants 16
  • Margarita

margarita c · Married on 09/29/2019

Wedding Ceremony

Rev Louis made our wedding ceremony extra special. Everyone has complimented our ceremony stating the officiant was the best one they have witnessed of all weddings attended. Rev. Louis is caring and a professional. He even arrived early the day of our wedding to let the wedding party know what to expect. He made the process easy and asked us questions to make sure he understood what we wanted to incorporate as well as give us ideas. My husband and I plan to work with him for our future kids baptism! We both recommend him! He will make your special day memorable but most important meaningful.

Sent on 10/07/2019
    Hudson Valley Officiants 17

Mary Batley · Married on 09/28/2019

Reverend Louis

Reverend Louis was so great at making our day special! He was funny and understanding of us planning a wedding cross country so he made the day as easy as possible. It was amazing!

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/28/2019

Couldn’t imagine our wedding without him!

Reverend Louis was absolutely amazing beginning to end. From our first call he was calm, confident and keeping us laughing. He performed a family unity ceremony for us, including my husbands daughters. He had the most beautiful readings and kept the whole ceremony light hearted, even getting some laughs from our guests. Exactly what we wanted! During the ceremony he was patient, keeping us calm and prompted us with the correct responses. He even filled the watering can for our tree planting ceremony, as well as getting our rings to the best man, something I had completely forgotten. He made the whole day go smoothly and it couldn’t have been more perfect!

We can’t say enough good things about Reverend Louis and truly couldn’t imagine our wedding day without him.

Sent on 10/24/2019
    Hudson Valley Officiants 18
    Hudson Valley Officiants 19
    Hudson Valley Officiants 20

Josie Acosta · Married on 09/27/2019

Personalized service

Reverend Aniceto was excellent! He incorporated our daughter and our mothers into the ceremony. He was very professional and payed close attention to details. We were extremely satisfied with our ceremony!

Hudson Valley Officiants 21
    Hudson Valley Officiants 22
  • Kristen

Kristen Goehring · Married on 09/26/2019

Rev Lou wrote our ceremony. He’s impeccable attention to detail and personalization was as if he took the words out of our mouths.

I would highly recommend this vendor to anyone looking for a professional yet very easy to work with officiant.

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Deanne

Deanne · Married on 09/21/2019

Best experience, we loved Rev Lou!!

We had such a great experience with Rev Lou! To me everything felt hectic as I guess a bride would feel within an hour before the ceremony but once Rev Lou gathered us all together he made me feel so calm and ready! We received SO many complements from our guests and particularly my mother (the biggest critic)! I would recommend Rev Lou and the hv officiants to any upcoming bride and groom!!

James Lyons · Married on 09/21/2019

Rev. Aniceto

Rev. Aniceto was professional and personable. He was a pleasure to work with.

Lisa Faivre · Married on 09/20/2019

Excellent and Professional

Our September 2019 wedding ceremony was absolutely beautiful! We highly recommend Reverend Louis who blessed our marriage with a heartfelt ceremony. He is a man of character who is very professional and goes above and beyond to make sure your day is marked with beautiful memories. Our guests were in awe and loved the ceremony. Thank you Reverend Louis for your kindness and care you left within our hearts. We will always remember you. 😊

Sent on 10/07/2019
    Hudson Valley Officiants 23
    Hudson Valley Officiants 24
    Hudson Valley Officiants 25
    Hudson Valley Officiants 26
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Fox · Married on 09/15/2019

Couldn’t have been any more perfect!

We just couldn’t put into words how awesome our personalized ceremony was! Rev Lou was absolutely amazing from start to finish. Let’s be honest, most wedding ceremonies are boring and you loose most of you’re guests attention. My guests are still raving how awesome our ceremony was. Something that really stood out was how personalized Rev Lou made it. Not only is his work amazing. Reverend Lou has a great personality, he kept us laughing the entire process and made it almost impossible to be stressed out with this portion of getting married. HIGHLY recommended! Thank again Rev Louis you are the BEST!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Britney Minutillo · Married on 09/14/2019

Beyond amazing

Hudson Valley Officiants did everyone I could ask for and more. Rev Louis is beyond amazing, thoughtful and passionate about his job. He created a personalized ceremony that was genuine in true to use. Truly a ceremony and moment we will never forgot. We will always be thankful for Rev. Louis.

Jasmine Perez · Married on 09/13/2019

Perfection

Rev. Louis made our cermony short, sweet, and simple, just like we wanted !

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Gaby

Gabriela Meza · Married on 08/31/2019

So wonderful!

Rev. Aniceto was wonderful. He was really thoughtful and cordial. He made both of us feel relaxed and prepared by walking us through all the steps. Many of our guests came up to us and mentioned what a great job they thought he did. We were happy with Rev. Aniceto and would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Tara Kayser · Married on 08/24/2019

Our Perfect Day

Rev. Lou was the absolute perfect fit for our perfect day! My husband and I are not religious, however, we both have VERY religious grandparents. This posed some very difficult decisions for us. We wanted our wedding to match who we are, but also make our families happy. Rev Lou was able to do exactly that. He matched my husband and I perfectly by keeping our ceremony loving and light hearted, but added aspects of a catholic ceremony. The day could not have felt more like us and we are so happy 😊

• Meg

Meg D · Married on 08/23/2019

Perfect choice!!

It was the perfect choice for our wedding. It had some religious aspects and was so personal. Rev Lou was great from initial contact through ceremony. Our family and friends were so impressed!!

Melissa R · Married on 08/16/2019

Smooth sailing!

Rev. Lou at Hudson Valley Officiants was amazing...so easy to work with, not to mention flexible! We had our fair share of drama throughout the process and Rev. Lou was there with each step of the way advising and listening, basically just being a shoulder to lean on. Even with all the turmoil the ceremony was absolutely perfect...the family unity ceremony was a hit and the rest of it was flawless! Definitely recommend Hudson Valley Officiants and their services 100%!

• O

O’Toole · Married on 07/27/2019

More the. Pleased

Rev Z Made our ceremony more then perfect. We blended two families and he gave us such nice ideas for blessings of blended families. It was a Perfect ceremony enjoyed by all !!

Hudson Valley Officiants 27
    Hudson Valley Officiants 28
    Hudson Valley Officiants 29

Thomas J Truscello · Married on 07/12/2019

Wouldn't Have Wanted Anyone Else

Rev. Louis was absolutely fantastic. Not only was he wonderful planning the ceremony with us and great the day of, Rev Louis was always very insightful when it came to the legalities of the marriage certificate. That is something you certainly do not want to overlook. Most importantly though he made our ceremony very individualized to us so that all our guest could feel the love.