Hudson Valley Ceremonies Reviews

277 Hudson Valley Ceremonies Reviews
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2018

Experts and Affordable!

Sage, Jeanne, & the whole HVC staff are EXPERTs when it comes to wedding coordinating. We hired Sage for day-of wedding coordinating at Basilica Hudson and she was always on her game, and had answers to even the craziest of questions i had. She was quick to respond to emails, and made time for my crazy late night calls, helping talk me off a ledge! :) Then during the wedding, she handled every issue with ease and without hesitation. If you are debating whether or not you need a day-of coordinator, the answer is yes. Peace of mind is worth it. Best use of money i spent on the whole wedding, seriously. They are truly good at what they do, and i will be recommending to all.

Katelyn · Married on 09/22/2018

We could not be happier with Lauren as our wedding coordinator. Originally I reached out to Lauren thinking about hiring a "day of coordinator" as wedding planning and organizing our big day was getting to be a bit daunting to us. Lauren went so far and beyond our expectations and helped with organizing vendors, reaching out to everyone to settle the day of timeline, making sure that each contact had everything they needed, ensuring that our decor was set up, that all of our wedding party and family were taken care of, that I was calm and happy on my day and so much more.

If you are thinking about hiring help with your wedding, don't hesitate to hire Lauren. Me and Husband agreed it was the best decision we made during the planning process.

THANK YOU LAUREN!!!
    KB

Danielle · Married on 07/14/2018

Our wedding was complete perfection thanks to Jeanne and her team. She consistently went above and beyond to make our 240 person celebration a success. From catering our welcome and farewell events with delicious food to organizing every single one of our vendor details, Jeanne is the best in her business. She allows you the exact amount of control that you desire (I wanted to be very involved but use her expertise) and I couldn't be more pleased with the way it all turned out. Our wedding weekend at the Basilica Hudson was perfect and I wish others the same joy that Jeanne allowed us to have. We knew we could be worry-free in her hands. She is attentive to details and always quick to respond to questions. When something didn't quite fit our budget she came up with other options to serve our needs. When it began to rain she had three plans ready to go and nobody knew anything had changed! The cake fell over upon delivery and it was fixed and replaced before we even knew anything had happened. She is absolutely one of a kind and we are so very grateful! -Danielle and Janine

Sent on 07/19/2018
    Hudson Valley Ceremonies 1
    Hudson Valley Ceremonies 2
    Hudson Valley Ceremonies 3
    Hudson Valley Ceremonies 4
    Hudson Valley Ceremonies 5
    Hudson Valley Ceremonies 6

Hudson Valley Ceremonies's reply:

Ok that's it you made me cry again. I miss you both already, please come back up and visit whenever you can. Love you!

Janine · Married on 07/14/2018

Alicia · Married on 04/28/2018

What a wonderful experience!! My husband and I got to work with Lauren Pasternak and it couldn’t have worked out better!! She made every aspect of our rehearsal and ceremony stressfree because we knew she would be there to take care of everything. And she did!! We couldn’t be happier how everything turned out and we can’t thank Lauren enough for the work she did to ensure we had an absolutely perfect ceremony. We would recommend her to anyone looking for a fabulously efficient, sweet, and overall fantastic coordinator!!

Pierrette · Married on 04/07/2018

We chose Rev Naomi Fay, we couldn’t have been happier. The ceremony she created just for us, incorporating our personal story into our vows left nary a dry eye ‘in the house’.
    She welcomed our guests and made them feel a part of the ceremony yet at the same time made us feel like the only two people in the world. She was wonderful.

Courtney · Married on 10/21/2017

We used HVC mostly for getting set up with our wedding planner, Sandra O'Connell. Sandra was SUPERB!! We were planning our wedding in New York from Utah, and Sandra was such a doll for working with us mostly through email and only a couple times in person. She made planning and our wedding day go off without a hitch! We also rented chair covers and sashes from HVC, which were beautiful.

Carly · Married on 10/14/2017

I couldn't imagine our wedding weekend without Jeanne! From early in our planning, she was an integral part of helping us choose the perfect vendors -- florist, caterer, DJ, party rentals.. everyone she recommended was professional and talented, and came together in a seamless, elegant way. In the planning process, Jeanne was easily accessible and always quick with a candid opinion of the vendors I was considering - I so appreciated her honesty, which made it easy to trust the vendors she introduced me to. As the wedding approached, all of my nerves were calmed by her confident, easygoing demeanor -- I always knew that she was one step ahead of my worries, and she always had an answer to every question! The week itself was a dream. She went above and beyond to accommodate every specific request we had, and seamlessly fit in with our guests to make sure everyone was comfortable. I didn't have to worry about any vendor logistics, which allowed me to be completely present during such a magical time! Her staff on the day-of was extremely professional and friendly, and I received nothing but compliments from our guests who felt cared for and like every little detail was thought of - which it was! My only regret is that I can only work with her 1x -- but I'll definitely be recommending Jeanne to every single engaged friend I have!!

Laura · Married on 09/30/2017

Hudson Valley Ceremonies is amazing and if you choose to book them, ask for Naomi! She was outstanding! Such a great personality and speaking voice. She is very profession and her energy is calming. She wrote a personal ceremony for us and it could not have been more perfect. Thank you so much Naomi and Hudson Valley Ceremonies!

Daniel · Married on 09/16/2017

Wow! We couldn't have imagined Sandra O'Connell - Wedding Coordinator from Hudson Valley Ceremonies, and crew to be so helpful, accommodating, and easy to work with! We clicked from the first time Sandra came to see out wedding site, and she was even kind enough to travel to central Connecticut for us. She had many great ideas to contribute to our setup, and helped with our decor - lanterns, flowers, window panes and all. She connected us with bartenders and staff for our backyard ceremony and reception, and really handled all of the chaos in stride. And she and her assistants even cleaned up for us!!!!! Sandra is one of a kind. A++++

Neeta · Married on 08/27/2017

We used Hudson Valley Ceremonies for our officiant, wedding planner, and invitations. We absolutely loved working with Rev Stuart as our officiant - he created the most heartfelt, customized ceremony that fully represented my husband and I. He had our guests laughing and crying at the same time, and he made sure to accommodate all of our special requests that we wanted to include. We wanted a spiritual ceremony which honored our values, our parents, our diversity, our different faiths, and Rev Stuart was able to create an experience that represented all of that. We cannot thank him enough for his kindness, creativity, and attentiveness on our very special day!! For wedding planning, I loved working with Sandra as our day of wedding planner. She was so patient and helped me not only with planning transportation and hotel blocks for my Bridal party and guests, but she also carried out so many last minute tasks for me on the day of so that I didn't have to worry. She helped create a detailed timeline to make sure my wedding day ran smoothly. Her attention to detail and professionalism in handling vendor followups was exceptional. I highly recommend Sandra as a wedding planner as well!

Crystal · Married on 08/26/2017

We had Rev. Stuart as our officiant for our wedding and he was AMAZING! He nailed exactly what we wanted our ceremony to be, it was perfect. He had everyone laughing, crying, and most importantly interested in our ceremony. Everyone kept giving us compliments about how awesome and beautiful our ceremony was and we agree also. We couldn't have asked for a better officiant. Thank you Rev. Stuart and Hudson Valley Ceremonies!!!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/12/2017

Working with Jeanne and her team at HVC was an incredible experience from start to finish. As someone who is pretty organized, and in a creative field who has a pretty strong sense visually of how I want things to look and be executed, I couldn’t have had a better partner in Jeanne.

It was easy to pick Jeanne because her reviews were exceptional, and when I spoke to her for the first time on the phone, it was a done deal. She had a very caring, organized but easygoing vibe, and a bonus: she knew our venue incredibly well. Once we got the ball rolling, it was smooth sailing. She had great ideas to solve anything tricky that popped up, she had excellent taste in vendors and readily passed along names and contact any time. We opted for just partial planning, but I really felt she went above and beyond both during the event, and during the months before any time I needed a quick hand in something.

As a person who is creative for a living, on a personal note, I felt so happy to have someone with as great a taste level as Jeanne. I can be very picky and know what I want, and Jeanne totally got it every step of the way. Honestly the whole process with her was just easy. I felt confident in every step, and really never had to worry. When it came to the actual wedding day, her vibe set the tone: calm, collected, under control, and fun! What she did with our space was above and beyond beautiful. She took my vision and executed it brilliantly.

You’d be lucky to snag yourself Jeanne and HVC as a planner. Cannot recommend enough! Thank you so much Jeanne and your team. xo

Emma · Married on 08/05/2017

Jeanne Stark is a wedding magician! My husband and I booked Hudson Valley Ceremonies off of a recommendation from our venue (The Grandview). Well Jeanne MORE than delivered! From our first meeting to the end of the wedding day, she was there every step of the way with recommendations, assistance and advice. I was getting married in a city I was completely unfamiliar with and she was able to assist me with everything from driving directions and stationary to choosing some of our vendors. Every wedding day is busy, no matter how well you plan, and Jeanne was there helping the guys with their bow ties and boutineers to bring the girls more champagne and bustling my dress to directing our guests. She did it all with ease and a smile and helped us fully enjoy our day knowing any issue that arose she could handle. If you are putting together an all star team of vendors for your big day, start with Jeanne!

Colleen · Married on 07/29/2017

Jeanne from Hudson Valley Ceremonies was actually and literally a DREAM wedding planner. I cannot say enough good about this woman and her company. She went above and beyond to make our entire wedding weekend everything we wanted and dreamed of. Throughout the entire process she was always there to guide me through any and everything. I had a vision but really didn’t know anything about wedding planning and how to pull it off. Jeanne and her team made it happen! Do not hesitate to book her- she is incredible! I cannot say enough good things!!!!

Chris · Married on 07/29/2017

Wedding Planner Lauren Brown was the best. We can't imagine pulling off the wedding without her (or her husband who gave up his Saturday to assist)! Even after the wedding ended, she was vital to tracking down items and gifts that were left behind. We would recommend Lauren to anyone seeking some help with planning and carrying out the logistics of their big day.

Emily · Married on 05/20/2017

There are truly no words to encompass the amount of care, thought, and hard work Jeanne and her entire team put into our wedding. Jeanne was always available to answer questions, give advice, troubleshoot, brainstorm... She facilitated so many things with a "don't you worry, I got this one!" attitude. We had so much fun working together, and she is a total rockstar. I couldn't recommend her more highly.

Reed · Married on 05/06/2017

We could not have pulled off our wedding without the help and constant calm that is Lauren Brown from Hudson Valley Ceremonies. We waited until we more than halfway through the planning process before a friend told us to bite the bullet and defer to a professional. She recommended we reach out with Lauren, and my husband and I are so happy we did!

Not only did Lauren help us navigate some of different ideas my husband and I had about the day, she offered extremely helpful advice on everything from music to menu based on her experience planning tons of weddings and events. She became our North Star!

On the day of our wedding, we know Lauren was filled to the brim with to do’s, but she took the time to check in on both of us and make sure we felt comfortable. And following the ceremony, she carved out a little time for me and my husband to take a beat and just enjoy each other’s company for a few minutes before jumping into the cocktail hour and reception. We’re so grateful to her for thinking through that level of detail!

She and her amazing husband even made sure our miscellaneous personal items were brought safely back to our Airbnb – They went above and beyond to make sure we had a memorable, special day! You won’t regret working with her for one second!

Kathryn · Married on 11/05/2016

We worked with Lauren Brown at HVC and I can’t say enough good things her. I was reluctant to hire a wedding coordinator as I thought I could handle everything on my own and wanted to save on costs. Luckily my husband pushed for it and this was by far the best decision we made. I only have fond memories of planning my wedding and feeling relaxed and calm - Lauren is the reason why. I trusted her so completely that I didn't even worry that something might go wrong as Lauren would handle it. Having been a part of many other weddings I know it is no easy feat to keep a bride totally relaxed. She was extremely responsive to all of my questions and helped me through even the smallest decisions. Lauren was calm, cool and collected throughout the entire process. Knowing what I know now I would have paid double for her services.

Lauren has incredible attention to detail and helped with so many small touches that really made such a difference in making our wedding feel unique and personal. We got married at the Senate Garage which is a venue where you have to bring in everything yourself. We made the task even more difficult by having separate vendors for rentals, catering, beer, liquor, transportation etc. Even though I knew she was going above and beyond she always acted as if i was the easiest client and barely asking anything - despite calling and emailing her quite often.

Lauren helped coordinate some extra props from Hudson Valley Ceremonies and they even helped set-up my sister in law with a babysitter for my nieces and nephews. There was literally no issue I had that they couldn’t solve.

Everyone that came to our wedding told us how incredible it was, how smooth it ran, how all the small details were so wonderful. There is no way my wedding would have been the marvelous day that it was without Lauren. She is the ultimate professional but also just a kind and wonderful person.

Rebecca · Married on 10/22/2016

Jeanne Stark was so wonderful! We couldn't believe how willing and able she was to help us at every step. She replied to emails, spoke by phone whenever we requested, took over projects like putting together all our welcome bags and favors, picked up items we needed from vendors, dealt with other vendors for us, and provided us with items she had at her shop. She made us feel relaxed and comfortable leading up to the wedding, and during the entire wedding (even though it rained all day). We literally could not have had our wedding without her!!

Liz · Married on 10/13/2016

Great experience with Hudson Valley Ceremonies. We ordered our invitations from them and they were absolutely gorgeous all our guests raved about them, and Rev. Lawrence was excellent. He listened to what we envisioned for our ceremony and delivered that and then some. Great vendor, highly recommend.

Randi · Married on 10/01/2016

Debra Ann Romano is the absolute best! Debra has such a warm and friendly personality, she really makes the process feel easy. She's extremely accommodating. For personal reasons, we had to have our ceremony done early (to be legally married), but we are still having a ceremony for our October wedding. She didn't question it, she just went with the flow. Debra wrote a lovely ceremony script for us. We're not very religious, so what she created for us was just perfect. She sent us the script and asked if we wanted to add any personal touches. We are so glad to have met Debra, working with her has been amazing. We look forward to having Debra officiate our October wedding. We highly, highly, highly recommend Debra as a wedding officiant!

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2016

For our ceremony we used rev Lawrence McCauley from Hudson valley ceremonies. We could not have asked for a more professional, persoanlable and caring person for our special day. Lawrence was easily available and made our ceremony tailored to us. Any changes I requested he kindly made and any additions he was welcome to. Instantly we connected through email in discussing our Boston Terriers. Lawrence made us laugh at the rehearsal and even during the ceremony taking the edge off and still remaining a professional. If you are looking for an officiant for your wedding I can not recommend this company enough.
    Thank you Hudson Valley Ceremonies and a special thank you to Lawrence!!

Emily · Married on 09/24/2016

What advice would i give another couple deciding whether or not to book Jeanne? Stop looking and book her. We were not seeking a wedding coordinating as we were very much in the mind set that we can handle this and don't need someone else involved. But as we were checking references for other vendors (not wedding coordinators) at our wedding location, we kept hearing, "YOU NEED TO GET JEANNE." Finally, we decided we need to see who this Jeanne was, and she was more than we thought she could be. Jeanne was our breath of fresh air in the wedding planning madness. She always had it together and had our backs to make sure everything was what we wanted. She knew our concerns and she knows EVERY VENDOR. Instead of spending hours checking references for caterers or djs, or trying to figure out where to rent tables, she directed us in all the right directions and connected us to amazing vendors. Our day was filled with great people with great attitudes making sure we were happy, not stressed, having the time of our lives, and that we were not lifting a finger. It all came together with amazing bonuses. For instance, we wanted to figure out how to rent a karaoke machine and a photo booth as well. Of course, Jeanne had both. We wanted extra boxes for wedding favors: Jeanne. Flip Flops for guests at the reception that we hadn't even thought of: Jeanne. The brunch the next morning: Jeanne. No caterers, just her amazing coordination and her great ideas (like having a bloody mary bar). It was all so easy, creative and beautiful. So many aspects of your wedding feel like you are pouring wayyy to much money into different places, but Jeanne was worth every penny (she is also extremely reasonably priced and we felt like we were getting a deal considering how much she did for us). She goes above and beyond and no task or request is too much. And she's a wealth of knowledge for every aspect of your wedding. For peace and mind, hire Jeanne. No regrets, only one incredible seamless day.