Hudson Valley Ceremonies Reviews

298 | Rhinebeck, NY

298 Reviews for Hudson Valley Ceremonies

Genevieve Perez · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Jeanne is a rock star!

We used HVC / Jeanne for our wedding in May at Basilica Hudson. Seriously cannot recommend her enough! She was so knowledgeable about vendors and super helpful throughout the process. She was always very responsive and made herself available when we wanted to see the venue multiple times (with both sets of parents). We purchased the lowest package (day of coordinator), but she did SO much more - she truly went above and beyond. We also ended up using her staff for the bartenders and servers, and they were great. Jeanne is the best!

Sent on 10/06/2019

Juliet Boches · Getting married on 11/11/2020

We loved Amanda!

We loved working with Amanda for our November 2019 wedding. She was always there for every little question we had and was so accommodating with our visits & unique requests. She helped us manage vendors & plan every little detail of our wedding. She was also great when we had a few last minute fire drills & changes the day before/day of. Thank you Amanda & team!

Sent on 03/29/2020
  • Bradley

Bradley · Married on 08/31/2019

Wonderful Experience

My wife, Julie, and I hired HVC and specifically Jeanne Stark to coordinate our wedding at the Basilica in Hudson, NY. Now that our wedding has come and gone, I can say confidently that Jeanne was the most instrumental and valuable vendor that we hired. She took our vision, which started off with a deposit at a blank-canvas venue, and helped to make it a reality. Jeanne's experience at the Basilica and specific knowledge of Hudson Valley vendors made it possible for a couple from NYC to plan a wedding 2.5 hrs north and never feel overwhelmed or out of touch. You want something done? Working together for over a year, Jeanne was always available to schedule a call to address concerns, even when she was in the midst of busy parts of the wedding season and she had other clients to attend to. Jeanne listened to every one of our concerns and when our weekend came, our 220 person wedding went off without a hitch; every last detail was accounted for. Jeanne and her staff went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding was as special as it could be. I cannot recommend Jeanne and HVC enough.

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Bethany

Bethany · Married on 07/14/2019

Jeanne is the best!

We originally thought we didn’t need a day-of coordinator. Our venue had an onsite coordinator who was a total pro, and in general they have weddings down to a science. But as time went on and we got closer to the wedding day, we realized there were so many details (non venue related) that someone would need to manage—and I didn’t want that someone to be me (or the groom, or my mom, or anyone else who was supposed to be enjoying the day). We interviewed a couple of people, but the moment we got on the phone with Jeanne from HVC, we knew we were dealing with a professional. She had worked at our venue countless times, was detail oriented, calm, and friendly. In the few months leading up to the wedding Jeanne helped us refine our day-of timeline and helped us find a vendor for our shuttles. We also ended up renting some candle holders through her, and for a very reasonable price, she assembled and delivered our welcome bags to the hotels where our guests were staying (something that would have been a logistical nightmare for us to manage alone). Jeanne was present for our rehearsal the day before the wedding, ensuring everything ran smoothly. On the day of our wedding, Jeanne checked in on both wedding parties at the separate locations where we were prepping, and her smiling face welcomed us when we arrived at the venue. She helped wrangle family members for formal photos, and every time I realized I was thirsty (we got married in July) she was already standing there with water for me and my husband. At one point my bustle broke, and she was right there pulling safety pins out of her pocket to help fix it. It was also such a relief to know that if any of our vendors had issues or questions, she would be their go-to (not me!). I have no idea if anything went wrong on the day, but from my perspective, it was seamless. Thank you Jeanne! You are a treasure!

Sent on 01/04/2020

Matthew Klepacki · Married on 06/29/2019

Sandra is incredible!! Highly recommend!

When we started planning our wedding, we didn’t think we needed a coordinator. We thought we could coordinate all our external vendors, the venue, and everything else on our own. After getting into the weeds and booking at a “non-traditional” venue (that did not have an in-house maître d', bridal attendant, etc.) it became clear that we needed some help. Sandra at Hudson Valley Ceremonies was recommended to us and she was absolutely amazing. From the first phone call we had, she made us feel calm and comfortable. She was so much more to us than just our Day-Of Coordinator as she was truly there for us every step of the way through the planning process, helping us brainstorm ideas, giving us suggestions for rental vendors, decoration ideas, and everything in between. She helped us navigate some tricky situations with our vendors and always stayed professional. On our wedding day she was fantastic, coordinating deliveries, catering set up, and helping us with odds and ends to make sure everything went seamlessly. We were so thankful to have her and Mary (her assistant) there! It is clear Sandra has a ton of experience and knows exactly what she’s doing! There are not enough nice things to say about Sandra - she is a fantastic wedding planner and all around wonderful person! We would very highly recommend Sandra at Hudson Valley Ceremonies!

Sent on 09/14/2019

Emma Acevedo · Married on 06/22/2019

Most Stress Free Wedding Day!

Sandra was absolutely amazing! I cannot imagine our wedding day going so smoothly without Sandra there ensuring everything went through without a hitch. We had our wedding in the backyard of our home, so there were a lot of moving parts happening at the same time and Sandra was on top of every single one. Whether it was setup questions from staff\vendors, hosting people that showed up early, decorating, or making sure the shuttles we able to reverse out of the driveway Sandra was there with a perfectly calm demeanor to make our day perfect and we are incredibly thankful. Nearly every guest commented on how everything was perfect.

On top of the wedding day she was also extremely helpful during the planning stages. Our food was coming up from Brooklyn, our band’s manager was three time zones away in California and she was able to adapt her schedule for onsite visits and phone calls outside of the standard business hours. The staff she recommended were all great as well, positive attitudes with helpful personalities. They all stayed to make sure everything was cleaned up after the wedding and the next morning when my wife and I came home, it did not even look like we even had an event in the backyard.

We could not have done it without you, thank you Sandra.

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Hillary

Hillary · Married on 06/08/2019

Enjoy your wedding planning rather than stress about it!

My daughter was married on June 8, 2019 in an outdoor ceremony at a boathouse on a lake in the Hudson River Valley. We knew from the moment that she announced her engagement that we were going to need help! I contacted several wedding planners but felt that Hudson Valley had the best package at the most reasonable price and I certainly made the right decision. Sharon O'Connell worked with us beginning last June. I couldn't have been happier working with Sharon and I knew almost immediately that our celebration would be in good hands. Her knowledge of planning the details of a wedding, coordinating a large event and her knowledge of vendors in the area together with her skills in negotiating with vendors made a hugh difference in how smoothly the planning process ran.

Communication- Sharon was available by email, text and phone and always replied to my messages promptly. Her follow through on questions asked was always complete.

Identifiying vendors- Once Sharon has an idea of the kind of wedding we wanted and the price range of what we were willing to spend, she recommended numerous vendors that we needed: caterers, flowers, photographers, DJs, music, rentals, hotels and bus transportation among others. She has relationships with a wide swath of businesses in the region and her recommendations were top notch.

Developing a time line- Sharon helped us to develop a time line for contacting vendors and securing contracts. Her insider tips and suggestions helped this process run so smoothly.

Detailed planning for the day of the wedding- Our daughter's wedding was held at a non-traditional event space so nearly everything had to be brought to the location. Sharon was extremely helpful in the walk-throughs recommending spacing, timing, items that needed to be rented etc.

Negotiating through problems- We had a problem with one of the vendors prior to the wedding and one during the wedding. Sharon made recommendations of how to deal with both sets of problems that led to smooth resolutions. The bus company delivered our guests about 30 minutes late and I was pleased to see how calm Sharon was in a stressful situation mediating between our caterer and communicating with us. We never felt that we were responsible for solving the problem. All ended well!

Planning a wedding is a big job. As the mother of the bride I wanted to savor every moment of my daughter's wedding. Being able to enjoy the planning process, which is so much a part of the celebration, was important to me and to be able to "be in the moment" during the wedding festivities was an important goal. I felt that with Sandra there with us every step of the way, Claire's wedding day was true bliss.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Ellen

Ellen Story · Married on 05/03/2019

So thankful for Jeanne!

We are so lucky to have worked with Jeanne for our wedding at the Basilica. Since our first phone conversation, Jeanne made me feel so comfortable. Jeanne is open, honest, professional and creative and has the BEST ideas plus she knows the Basilica like the back of her hand. Jeanne made the day of our wedding flow smoothly and perfectly. Jeanne even had metal cutting scissors that she used to get my veil comb out of my updo when it got stuck... ! We are so thankful for Jeanne and everything she did to help make our wedding the most perfect night!

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Jessica

Jess · Married on 04/13/2019

Great Officiant Services

Hudson Valley Ceremonies made finding an officiant for our ceremony hassle-free. The wedding ceremony was entirely customizable, from the readings used to the blessings and prayers included. While we did not have any special ceremonies (unity candle, etc), they were included as an option. And there were many sample readings and blessings to browse through! Reverand Elizabeth Roth was a pleasure to work with and helped us customize our ceremony to our liking. She was friendly, upbeat, ans always available for email communication and last minute questions. She arrived at the venue an hour early, which gave us plenty of time to go over the processional order and ceremony instructions. She was very professional during the ceremony and we were happy to have her as our officiant.

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Mrs. Jjb

Jennifer · Married on 11/24/2018

Perfect Ceremony

Rev. Lawrence McCauley was a pleasure to deal with. We had a phone interview where he prepared a draft of our ceremony. My husband and I edited it a bit to our liking and he gladly incorporated our changes. Our entire experience with HV ceremonies went well and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2018

Experts and Affordable!

Sage, Jeanne, & the whole HVC staff are EXPERTs when it comes to wedding coordinating. We hired Sage for day-of wedding coordinating at Basilica Hudson and she was always on her game, and had answers to even the craziest of questions i had. She was quick to respond to emails, and made time for my crazy late night calls, helping talk me off a ledge! :) Then during the wedding, she handled every issue with ease and without hesitation. If you are debating whether or not you need a day-of coordinator, the answer is yes. Peace of mind is worth it. Best use of money i spent on the whole wedding, seriously. They are truly good at what they do, and i will be recommending to all.

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/06/2018

Lauren Brown

There are not enough ways to begin to say how amazing Lauren Brown was for our wedding. Our day went incredibly smooth and it was all thanks to her. From making sure everyone was where they needed to be and making sure the timing of everything was just right. She was incredibly easy to work with and considered all our needs.
    We were married at Locust Grove Estate in Poughkeepsie and live in VA. Lauren met with us each time we were in NY to work on something for the wedding. About a month before the wedding we came up to get our marriage license and tie up some last-minute details, Lauren met with us and the vendors to go over details. She saved us when the caterer tried to say we had to pay extra for something that our contract had already covered. Lauren came the day before the wedding to help with rehearsal and to take all the decorations which she then set up the morning of and took down after the wedding. Lauren answered our emails in a timely manner through out the whole process. If there was a misunderstanding of our vision, she was fine having a phone call to figure it out. I could not recommend Lauren more!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Katelyn · Married on 09/22/2018

We could not be happier with Lauren as our wedding coordinator. Originally I reached out to Lauren thinking about hiring a "day of coordinator" as wedding planning and organizing our big day was getting to be a bit daunting to us. Lauren went so far and beyond our expectations and helped with organizing vendors, reaching out to everyone to settle the day of timeline, making sure that each contact had everything they needed, ensuring that our decor was set up, that all of our wedding party and family were taken care of, that I was calm and happy on my day and so much more.

If you are thinking about hiring help with your wedding, don't hesitate to hire Lauren. Me and Husband agreed it was the best decision we made during the planning process.

THANK YOU LAUREN!!!
    KB

Sent on 10/02/2018

Matthew Achterberg · Married on 08/17/2018

Warm, Flexible, and Creative Problem Solvers

My Wife and I worked with Amanda O'Leary and she was an absolute life saver. We were drowning in details and falling behind in our planning. Amanda not only streamlined our vendor search with solid recommendations, she structured the remaining months leading up to our wedding with milestones to ensure we knew what to focus on and when.

We had a very specific vision and she helped us achieve it on our relatively limited budget. Her creative approach to getting things done more than paid for itself. We can't recommend her and HVC more highly.

Thanks Amanda!!!

Matt & Katie

Sent on 09/09/2019

Meghan · Married on 08/04/2018

Highly recommend!

HVC, in particular Amanda O'Leary, was essential in every piece of planning our wedding at Basilica Hudson. We began working with Amanda in early 2018, and it was immediately apparent that we would be choosing to work with her for our special day. She brought to the first meeting a strong knowledge of our venue and the local vendors in the Hudson Valley, several great ideas about wedding logistics and decor, and most importantly she made an effort to learn about us as a couple. She helped us begin to visualize what we wanted our wedding day to be, and ultimately managed to create an unforgettable wedding weekend that truly represented us.

Amanda is highly professional and was courteous in her dealings with all wedding stakeholders (vendors, family, etc.), and was transparent in all communications, be them financial or otherwise. As well, she not only handled our flowers, rentals, vendor/service contracts, and other important details -- she provided a ton of expertise and sincere advice on the choices we were making, which was the kind of guidance we were looking for in a planner.

Her time management skills were excellent, and she was always available to us and our many questions. What set Amanda apart and made us appreciate her as much more than just our wedding planner was her effort to support us on a personal and emotional level. We truly consider her as a lifelong friend.

We owe our wedding day success to Amanda, as she provided everything we had hoped for and more. She coordinated every single detail seamlessly. You’ll find no hesitation in our recommendation of Amanda as an event planner who will go above and beyond to create a once in a lifetime experience for you.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Danielle · Married on 07/14/2018

Our wedding was complete perfection thanks to Jeanne and her team. She consistently went above and beyond to make our 240 person celebration a success. From catering our welcome and farewell events with delicious food to organizing every single one of our vendor details, Jeanne is the best in her business. She allows you the exact amount of control that you desire (I wanted to be very involved but use her expertise) and I couldn't be more pleased with the way it all turned out. Our wedding weekend at the Basilica Hudson was perfect and I wish others the same joy that Jeanne allowed us to have. We knew we could be worry-free in her hands. She is attentive to details and always quick to respond to questions. When something didn't quite fit our budget she came up with other options to serve our needs. When it began to rain she had three plans ready to go and nobody knew anything had changed! The cake fell over upon delivery and it was fixed and replaced before we even knew anything had happened. She is absolutely one of a kind and we are so very grateful! -Danielle and Janine

Sent on 07/19/2018

Hudson Valley Ceremonies's reply:

Ok that's it you made me cry again. I miss you both already, please come back up and visit whenever you can. Love you!

Janine · Married on 07/14/2018

Sent on 07/23/2018

Emily · Married on 05/12/2018

Wonderful wedding planning services!

I highly recommend Sandra O’Connell from Hudson Valley Ceremonies if you are looking for wedding planning services and a day of coordinator! Sandra had wonderful vendor recommendations throughout the entire wedding planning process. She has great relationships with vendors in the area and she made the vendor selection process easy. Her vendor recommendations were excellent and she always worked within the budget parameters provided! She saved me so much time from having to vet vendors myself and I was 100% happy with all of the choices I made. Sandra set aside time on multiple occasions to meet with me and listen to my vision of the wedding day and give me great advice and comfort that the day would go smoothly! On the day of, Sandra was on point and made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be on time. You can tell she has years of experience planning and coordinating weddings. On the day of I did not worry about a thing as Sandra made sure the groom and groomsmen were ready on time, everyone got to the church on time, vendors arrived on time and were set up properly and made sure they were all paid at the end of the night. The day could not have gone more smoothly and I know that was because of Sandra’s hard work!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Alicia · Married on 04/28/2018

What a wonderful experience!! My husband and I got to work with Lauren Pasternak and it couldn’t have worked out better!! She made every aspect of our rehearsal and ceremony stressfree because we knew she would be there to take care of everything. And she did!! We couldn’t be happier how everything turned out and we can’t thank Lauren enough for the work she did to ensure we had an absolutely perfect ceremony. We would recommend her to anyone looking for a fabulously efficient, sweet, and overall fantastic coordinator!!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Pierrette · Married on 04/07/2018

We chose Rev Naomi Fay, we couldn’t have been happier. The ceremony she created just for us, incorporating our personal story into our vows left nary a dry eye ‘in the house’.
    She welcomed our guests and made them feel a part of the ceremony yet at the same time made us feel like the only two people in the world. She was wonderful.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Courtney · Married on 10/21/2017

We used HVC mostly for getting set up with our wedding planner, Sandra O'Connell. Sandra was SUPERB!! We were planning our wedding in New York from Utah, and Sandra was such a doll for working with us mostly through email and only a couple times in person. She made planning and our wedding day go off without a hitch! We also rented chair covers and sashes from HVC, which were beautiful.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Carly · Married on 10/14/2017

I couldn't imagine our wedding weekend without Jeanne! From early in our planning, she was an integral part of helping us choose the perfect vendors -- florist, caterer, DJ, party rentals.. everyone she recommended was professional and talented, and came together in a seamless, elegant way. In the planning process, Jeanne was easily accessible and always quick with a candid opinion of the vendors I was considering - I so appreciated her honesty, which made it easy to trust the vendors she introduced me to. As the wedding approached, all of my nerves were calmed by her confident, easygoing demeanor -- I always knew that she was one step ahead of my worries, and she always had an answer to every question! The week itself was a dream. She went above and beyond to accommodate every specific request we had, and seamlessly fit in with our guests to make sure everyone was comfortable. I didn't have to worry about any vendor logistics, which allowed me to be completely present during such a magical time! Her staff on the day-of was extremely professional and friendly, and I received nothing but compliments from our guests who felt cared for and like every little detail was thought of - which it was! My only regret is that I can only work with her 1x -- but I'll definitely be recommending Jeanne to every single engaged friend I have!!

Sent on 02/03/2018

Laura · Married on 09/30/2017

Hudson Valley Ceremonies is amazing and if you choose to book them, ask for Naomi! She was outstanding! Such a great personality and speaking voice. She is very profession and her energy is calming. She wrote a personal ceremony for us and it could not have been more perfect. Thank you so much Naomi and Hudson Valley Ceremonies!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Daniel · Married on 09/16/2017

Wow! We couldn't have imagined Sandra O'Connell - Wedding Coordinator from Hudson Valley Ceremonies, and crew to be so helpful, accommodating, and easy to work with! We clicked from the first time Sandra came to see out wedding site, and she was even kind enough to travel to central Connecticut for us. She had many great ideas to contribute to our setup, and helped with our decor - lanterns, flowers, window panes and all. She connected us with bartenders and staff for our backyard ceremony and reception, and really handled all of the chaos in stride. And she and her assistants even cleaned up for us!!!!! Sandra is one of a kind. A++++

Sent on 09/29/2017