Hudson Manor Reviews

Hudson Manor 5
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Doran · Getting married on 03/28/2020

Excellent Customer Service

Melissa has been great to work with so far! She is very helpful and has gone out of her way to help me plan the perfect day.

Sent on 06/14/2019

Hudson Manor's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Rebecca. The Hudson Manor Estate staff and I will always do our best to help you experience the wedding you've been dreaming of. Looking forward to March 28th 2020!

Regina · Married on 08/18/2018

Hudson Manor exceeded our expectation for our daughter and her now husband's wedding on 8/18/18. We planned the entire wedding remotely, as only the bride and groom live in Raleigh. All guests including parents of bride and groom were from out of town. The service is truly all inclusive- they were wonderful. I could not recommend a venue more highly- their suggested vendors for services such as photographers and flowers were great! We could not have been happier! Thank you for making our daughter's and her husband's special day amazing!! I am sharing some of the photo's shared by friends- we'll update with the photographer pics when we get them!

Hudson Manor 6
    Hudson Manor 7
    Hudson Manor 8
    Sent on 08/22/2018

Hudson Manor's reply:

Thank you so much Regina. It was truly our pleasure. Best wishes to all!

Alexis · Married on 05/05/2018

The Hudson Manor was one of the first venues we visited and I LOVED it! Melissa was so nice and very responsive. We had the ceremony in the outdoor garden area, which was beautiful. I liked how there was an indoor chapel area in case of bad weather, which was also very nice for a ceremony. I also loved how the was an outdoor patio attached to the ballroom. Everything about this set up was great. The major thing that stuck out to me was that it was all inclusive. I loved having Melissa there to help me when I needed it and on my wedding day she executed everything perfectly. When I showed up on my wedding day, everything was set up just how I wanted it and I didn't have to do a thing but enjoy it! I definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Audrey · Married on 05/04/2018

Best Low-Key, Off Beaten Path All-Inclusive Venue for Miles!

Melissa Cogliati was our wedding coordinator. She and her family run the business and they are very flexible and accommodating. Definitely not as uptight as so many others, which for us was a big plus. The venue has a ceremony location (a beautiful white chapel with a pretty red door), a reception area, a getting ready area, and a patio. It can accommodate outdoor weddings in summertime. We were married in November, so we didn't end up seeing that. We LOVED having an option that had a chapel and reception on one property. There were paved paths in between and an easy parking area.

We wanted to do a Star Wars wedding, and she was totally willing to work with us on that front. She sent decoration suggestions and helped offer the decor they had. We had a few out there suggestions too, and she was really willing to work with us without making us feel strange about it! The chapel was gorgeous, and we were easily able to seat our 65ish guests. It was cold, but the patio had warmers and seats for people who wanted to hang out after dinner to get away from the noise.

The food and service was excellent. They were very on top of clearing, passing hors d'oeuvres, getting drinks, etc. Day-of, she was responsible for taking care of us, the couple. We felt very significant because of the attentiveness of her and her staff.

For dinner, we had roast beef and herb chicken with sweet potatoes, Yukon potatoes, green beans, and salad. The menu variety was wonderful and she was willing to offer us suggestions about how to tweak it. The venue also had a tasting event, which we were able to attend on Valentine's Day ahead of time so we could get a feel for what the food might be like. It was all excellent. The apps were great too. We especially liked the bacon-wrapped filet bites and spring rolls during the cocktail hours. What a variety we had to choose from! Also of note, on the menu items we had to meet some kind of minimum for the package we were offered. However, our guest count kept changing (we are military) and she was very flexible with changing up our food options to help us meet minimums without being pushy or making us buy an excess of food. She even mentioned once not wanting us to buy things just to meet some price point. That was really awesome.

Additionally, she was willing to work with all of our other vendors to take that stress off our plates. She did offer preferred vendor options, but was not only cool with but also willing to work with other vendors from other places outside her preferred list. We did find a few vendors on our own, but once we secured them Melissa really worked with them, which made it much less stressful than it would have been otherwise.

The venue is a little out of the way, but because of that it is beautiful countryside views all the way around, even in wintertime.

Highlights for us: chapel/reception in one place, willing to be flexible with vendors, great variety of food options/choices (we both got something we loved), ease of process throughout -- she was willing to take as much or little as we wanted.

Couldn't recommend more! If we have friends in the area, I will totally suggest sending them out this way!

Hudson Manor 9
    Hudson Manor 10
    Sent on 11/16/2019

Hudson Manor's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! You do have a way with words Audrey. We're thrilled that you enjoyed every moment of your day and the planning process. It was truly our pleasure to work with you and your family! Love to keep in touch, Melissa

Julianne · Married on 12/02/2017

The Hudson Manor is one of the best venues to have a wedding. My new husband and I went to several locations around the Raleigh area and nothing could compare to what they had to offer. Not only were we able to get dressed in the 100-year-old home, there is a chapel and reception hall right on site, which provided my guests with the ability to transition from one to the other after the ceremony. This was especially important for our elderly family members who have a hard time moving around.

Melissa, the owner of The Hudson Manor also doubled as the coordinator for the day. She provided me with vendors from a preferred list while approving some of my own choosing as well. She is on top of her game and was extremely helpful in assisting me organize the ‘day of’ timeline. She coordinated with each vendor and kept my mom (a.k.a POC) up to date, which was key to making sure the day went smoothly.

We simply cannot say enough about Melissa or The Hudson Manor. It is definitely worth the trip out to Louisburg.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Cait · Married on 11/04/2017

There are not enough words to explain the ultimate experience Melissa creates for your wedding day. She is very professional and very quick with all responses. The day of of the wedding runs so smoothly. I planned for little things to go wrong throughout the day, and honestly not one single thing did! She is a dream when it comes to creating your perfect day. She is very open to any ideas you have, and also full of information of the best way to do things! Her vendors are phenomenal! This is a one stop venue. Book all of your vendors and she does all of the communication for you. I would recommend this for every bride that wants a hassle free wedding day!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Jeff · Married on 09/30/2017

The Hudson Manor had everything we wanted! We married there last fall and it was amazing. The staff was courteous and professional.

Sent on 03/20/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2017

Melissa is absolutely wonderful and helped us plan the perfect day!

Hudson Manor 11
    Sent on 01/02/2018

Catherine · Married on 06/03/2017

Three words: DREAM COME TRUE! My husband and I had our wedding at the Hudson Manor on June 3, 2017. We planned our wedding during a short amount of time, and we could not have pulled off the most amazing day of our lives without this jaw dropping venue and the professional attitude and creativity of the owner, Melissa Cogliati. She had so many ideas that we didn't even think to think of, but all of our guests noticed and enjoyed. We received personal comments from each of our guests about how it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been too. This was all thanks to Melissa. She captured my vision, and took care of the details. As the bride, your nerves can already be everywhere, but she calmed me down each time. When I arrived to the venue on the day of, my heart was overflowing with how she captured everything I had ever hoped and dreamed of and more. My bridesmaids and family thoroughly enjoyed the bridal suite (7 bridesmaids and 4 honorary bridesmaids, mothers and grandmothers) and the groomsmen enjoyed their manly den ( about 20 guys in their total). Our photographer was able to capture the most stunning pics due to the landscape and beauty of all the surrounding elements. All of our 200+ guests were fed and content. Many had comments about how wonderful the food was (And it was delicious). Melissa made sure my husband and I ate and got to enjoy each detail of that day. We all had a wonderful time. Melissa made sure all the guests were kept hydrated before the ceremony and that everyone knew where to go. Its hard to keep things organized with such a crowd, but she did a superb job and the wedding went on without a hitch. I thoroughly recommend this venue to any and every bride. It comes with everything you desire: A bridal/groom suite, a beautiful plantation house, a reception hall, a beautiful terrace, a garden ceremony site, a view of a lake, a chapel, I mean everything! Because of the Hudson Manor, our wedding was a dream come true! Thank you Melissa!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Peggy · Married on 05/20/2017

My daughters wedding was everything we dreamed it would be. Since it was all inclusive it made it easier on us. We had several vendors to pick from for the DJ, flowers, linen... we were very happy with each vendor we chose. Melissa was there for us every step of the way and was so easy to work with. The wedding was supposed to be outside. At rehersal the night before Melissa suggested moving it inside the beautiful chapel. But she said it was up to us. We made the decision to have it inside and that was a great choice. The day of the wedding it was hot and humid so everyone was happy to be inside. The chapel is so cozy and beautiful! We had 100 people. The dance floor was a good size. The food was very good. Highly recommend the chicken Marsala! The rooms where the wedding party gets dressed it so beautiful. Highly recommend this venue, it's gorgeous and Melissa is there to help you every step of the way!

Sent on 05/29/2017

Kait · Married on 05/20/2017

Our wedding at the Hudson manor was everything we could have dreamed of. Meslissa was so easy to talk to days leading up the the wedding. During the rehearsal we dropped off serval things we wanted in the reception hall and over night everything was set up perfectly. Although we really wanted it outside, due to possible thunderstorms and the hot weather we ended up having the ceremony inside. The chapel was a perfect place for the ceremony. So intimate and classic. Melissa did such a great job day of keep both the bride and groom calm and relaxed and allowed us to have the best wedding ever! Thank you so much Melissa!!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Jeremy · Married on 03/25/2017

Melissa and her staff at the Hudson Manor ensured that everything we needed and wanted for a wedding was taking care of. We appreciate everything Melissa did for us. Melissa treated us like we were one of her Kids getting married. Thank you for our special day

Hudson Manor 12
    Hudson Manor 13
    Sent on 10/09/2017

Sheryl · Married on 10/16/2016

My wedding at The Hudson Manor was perfect!! Melissa and her staff were such a pleasure to work with. Anytime I had a question (big or small), I would contact Melissa and she was very quick with her response. I'd heard stories about how much of headache planning a wedding could be, but my experience was not a headache at all thanks to The Hudson Manor. Since it is all-inclusive, there really wasn't much for me, the bride, to do. My wedding was a few weeks ago and the guests are still talking about how awesome the venue was, not to mention how nice the staff was. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding and we owe it all to The Hudson Manor. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Alexis · Married on 10/08/2016

Melissa is absolutely amazing to work with! We had the most amazing experience!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Dean · Married on 09/30/2016

TRULY A GRAND ESTATE. We were referred by a friend to check into Hudson Manor as a wedding venue for our wedding and it turned out to be the best referral I've ever gotten!!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Laura · Married on 07/16/2016

Hudson manor is a beautiful one stop wedding venue with outdoor garden and indoor chapel options. Melissa and her husband, the owners, are dedicated to making your wedding day experience the best possible. Melissa serves as both a wedding consultant throughout the planning process and a wedding day director. She is thoughtful, efficient, and prompt to respond to any questions. She keeps the event on schedule.

Her husband is the chef and he serves up abundant delicious options from appetizers to the main course. Our guests raved about the food. (We served prime rib and it was pink, tender, and perfect!)

Melissa provides several approved vendor options for the bride to consider: photographer (we used Chris Nieto), flowers (Fallons), cake (edible art), DJ (Taylor Pittman), and minister (rev william Scott). We recommend all of the above as dependable and professional.

Hudson manor made our wedding planning process as simple as possible and we appreciate the service oriented attitude of everyone involved. Thanks for the memories.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Emily · Married on 05/14/2016

I just got married at the Hudson Manor and wow the night could not have been any more perfect. From the beginning, Melissa was so helpful in helping my mom and I plan everything from the DJ and flowers to the food selections and table linens. The night of the ceremony we didn't have to worry about a thing because Melissa was making sure everything ran smoothly. The venue is beautiful with 3 locations to pick from for your ceremony and an elegant and beautiful reception hall. The food was delicious, the staff was helpful, and the service we received from Melissa was phenomenal. The all-inclusive package is of much better value than a lot of other venues we looked at and was perfect for our 150 guests. You will have no regrets in choosing The Hudson Manor for your wedding venue!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Kathy · Married on 05/07/2016

Melissa and Glenn Cogliati made my daughter’s wedding reception a five star event. I can’t even fathom what we would have done without Melissa’s assistance in suggesting the most fabulous vendors for my daughter’s day. From photographer to DJ to florist and beyond everyone was a true professional. Hudson Manor is such a beautiful setting and a great place to get amazing photos. Glenn is a master chef and everything tasted fabulous. Melissa is totally organized and makes the reception flow with ease. As a mother of the bride, I didn’t have to worry about a thing that day knowing Melissa would be overseeing the event. I cannot give enough praise to Melissa, Glenn and their staff for delivering above and beyond what was promised to us. We had guests who live in major cities around the world and they told us the Hudson Manor was a world class venue and could compete with any venue in their city. If you want a stress free event in an idyllic setting, the Cogliati’s are the people and the Hudson Manor is the place.

Sent on 05/14/2016

David · Married on 05/07/2016

The Hudson Manor was the best place to have a wedding! We looked at tons of venues and once I called and talked to Melissa on the phone, I knew that Hudson Manor was for us. She has many years experience, is really friendly, and definitely knows what she is doing. They provide a list of EXCELLENT wedding vendors; everyone we met was amazing and we had a hard time choosing, so you can't go wrong. Once we saw the Hudson Manor, the deal was sealed and we booked the day of. The food was delicious, the views spectacular; and the night was amazing. The day of, they do everything they can to make the bride and groom feel special. Melissa and Glen really know how to host a fantastic wedding and if you are looking for a venue, Hudson Manor is a great place to have it.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Dana · Married on 04/23/2016

I would highly recommend Hudson Manor to any couple who wants a stress free day!. The Hudson Manor is not only a gorgeous place but the owner, Melissa, did a fantastic job helping us with all the details and accommodating any changes we wanted! The food was delicious and the staff did a great job and was very friendly. Melissa gave recommendations for an awesome DJ; DJ Taylor. Our day was fantastic!!

Sent on 10/28/2016

My husband and I were married early spring of this year at The Hudson Manor. Melissa Cogliati did an amazing job with our wedding. Despite some inclement windy weather, we were able to have the ceremony in the wedding chapel located on the property- Which was beautiful and very charming. It also accommodated for our 150 wedding guest comfortably. They did a wonderful job preparing the property for the first wedding of the spring season. It was so nice having her there to coordinate everything the day of so we could just sit back and relax. Melissa and her staff were so dedicated to making sure our day was everything we could have imagined. Also, the food was amazing and plentiful! Catering is on site which was incredibly convenient (Melissa even made us some to-go plates to take with us before we made our grande exit!) They were gone by the time we got to our hotel.... We really could not have asked for a better coordinator and venue site. It was such a perfect day.

Sent on 07/24/2016
  • User6207037 · 2+ years ago

The Hudson Manor was the perfect venue for my winter wedding. The catering, cake, linens, and DJ were all a part of the wedding package making wedding planning simple and stress free. If the vendors were not a part of the package, Melissa would recommend vendors they have used in previous wedding (like the florist) and I would give them 5 star reviews as well! Melissa was the perfect wedding planner, always attentive and accessible when needed. Being able to work with the Hudson to plan my wedding was lots of fun and made every step of the wedding process a memorable and happy experience. The ceremony space and reception space are on the same property making it easy for guests and they are absolutely beautiful! A beautiful setting for wedding photos and for me, I'm local, but it felt like a destination wedding in the countryside. The wedding was everything I had dreamed of and I would recommend this venue to any future bride!

Sent on 01/14/2016

The Hudson Manor is a great place to have the most important day of your life! The grounds are always well kept and there is bountiful space to get ready and take pictures. Melissa is a huge help in keeping everything organized and Glenn did a great job cooking fabulous food that all my guests raved about!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Erin · Married on 06/13/2015

From the minute we drove onto the property, we knew this was the place we wanted to get married. Being very type A, I was looking for a venue that would make sure our day went off without a hitch. We booked at Hudson Manor more than a year before we got married and from the moment we told Melissa we wanted to get married there, she was WONDERFUL! She clearly knows what she is doing. She always made sure that our planning was on track. Via e-mails and phone calls she was very helpful and always happy to answer all questions, even if they weren’t venue related.
    The day of our wedding, she made sure everything happened on time. My husband and I did not have to worry about anything. She took charge of communicating with all the vendors so we didn’t have to worry about the details, set up, or arrival of anything to make sure our day was perfect. When the bridal party arrived, she made sure we had everything we needed. Our reception was perfect. While we had a buffet, she plated everything my husband and I wanted for dinner, including seconds if necessary. She kept us well hydrated and set everything up beautifully.
    We brought numerous things the day of our rehearsal that we needed her help setting up. We had seating cards, a centerpiece for the buffet table, crystals to jazz up the centerpieces, our champagne flutes, cake cutting/serving, etc. Not only did she make sure she knew exactly what our vision was, she made our vision become even better than we thought imaginable. Our wedding was perfect thanks to Melissa. We couldn’t recommend the Hudson Manor with more enthusiasm. Thank you so much for making our day perfect in every way!!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Thank you so much for Melissa!!! She is soooo helpful throughout the way!! From the very beginning when we started planning the wedding all the way till the moment we exit Hudson Manor, Melissa is always there and ready to answer any questions we have. Booking this venue doesn't just mean you booked a place for ceremony and reception. It is far more than that! Melissa was almost taking care of everything during the wedding. She knows so well about when to do what so that I don't have to worry about anything on my wedding day. She even took care of every little details I wanted for the decorations and she did a PERFECT job!!! Without her, I even couldn't imagine how many things I should do and I should worry about!!! Thanks for this wonderful wedding and the Hudson Manor is definitely the place for my dream wedding!!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Hudson Manor's reply:

Thank you so much for the kudos Jennifer & Milton! I so enjoyed working with you both. It was a thrill for me to host your wedding and meet your families from China. Everyone was so gracious and friendly even after such a long journey. I wish you all the best for your future together! Thanks again for choosing The Hudson Manor. Melissa Cogliati