Houston Racquet Club Reviews

3 | Houston, TX

3 Reviews for Houston Racquet Club

Carol · Married on 08/10/2013

Kellie Stuff and staff at the Houston Racquet Club were outstanding! Kellie took LOTS of time with me getting the details of what I wanted just right and did anything thing she could to make sure everything went smoothly. The club looked beautiful and we were treated as if we were the most important people in the world. A glorious experience!

Sent on 02/07/2014

Kimberly · Married on 04/06/2013

We worked with Kellie at the Houston Racquet Club and were overjoyed with the venue. She was a joy to work with, as every meeting we had was a pleasure. The value of this place can not be understated. We searched several venues for a 250 person reception, the Racquet Club was an immediate favorite. The remodeled lobby worked amazingly for a cocktail hour.

The day of the event the food and service was phenomenal. My husband still has a Pavlovian response when thinking about the Chateaubriand with the red pepper cream sauce that was served.

We would highly recommend this venue and team for any event.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Katie · Married on 08/16/2014

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

I love the Racquet Club. It is more unique than any other large, indoor reception venue in Houston, and not over-priced as compared to the others. There is a large dance floor, stage, chandeliers, lower level where we hosted a cocktail hour, and giant windows overlooking a beautifully landscaped bayou. The entire place is tastefully decorated and in neutral colors that will go well with any theme or color scheme.

The venue itself is very flexible- many rooms to work with and they don't have specific start and end times like some other venues (where you might be locked in to starting your reception at 5 pm and that is your only option).

There were some staffing changes about a month before my wedding. I enjoyed working with the new event coordinator. Although she is a little green behind the ears and we caught her in a time of transition, she was gracious and willing to go above and beyond to help us keep the things we had been promised before the previous coordinator left. I was less thrilled with the new catering director. She was not quite so flexible and I had a harder time trusting her. That said, between our wedding coordinator, Kathy at KG Weddings, and our heightened awareness after the staffing changes, nothing was slipped by us and we were able to negotiate to have everything exactly as we had originally planned. It was a beautiful reception.

The food was delicious but there were some issues with it getting cold that could have been avoided. The wait staff and bar was wonderful.

Sent on 08/31/2014