House of Broel Reviews

51 Reviews for House of Broel

House of Broel 1
House of Broel 2

Daisy · Married on 06/18/2018

Beautiful location, very accesible!
    Great service and attentive, they get back to you in a timely manner when you have any questions. Great floor for dancing and the music selection was the best!

Dear Daisy,

Thank you for taking the time to write House of Broel a review. Reviews are such an important part of our business and we truly appreciate it.

Claire · Married on 04/25/2018

They are wedding experts! I had zero wedding planning stress related to the ceremony and celebration, and everything went smoothly the day of. We’re planning another wedding in a second location, and there’s no way I could decorate, coordinate, and execute everything as well as they did with the same budget. The cake was delicious, too!

Dear Claire,

We take pride in our decor and service to our couples and it is wonderful to be recognized for that. We are thrilled that you have had such a splendid experience. Thank you for writing House of Broel this 5 Star review.

Alisha · Married on 04/21/2018

Wow what an amazing day!! Bonnie Broel and her staff exceeded my expectations. They worked hard and were very organized and made sure that our day went smoothly. Denise the coordinator was great and easy to work with. The venue was beautiful, the cake, food, and DJ were good and the guest were happy. The staff helped me get dressed, helped pack up our things and listened to our request. Bonnie was great and even made sure that the photographer got certain special moments. Thank you all for making our day stress free and memorable. I highly recommend this venue.

House of Broel 3

Dear Alisha,

We are pleased that we have exceeded your expectations. It is always a pleasure having wonderful couples, such as yourself, to work with. We strive very hard to accommodate our couples every need and it is wonderful to know that we have done a great job. Wishing you and your honey many blessings through your journey together.

Christy · Married on 04/21/2018

House of Broel is an amazing and beautiful place to have your wedding. Bonnie and her staff go above and beyond to make sure your wedding day is special and memorable. We wanted to have our wedding in New Orleans and toured several places there. The House of Broel exemplifies New Orleans and was just what we were going for. We loved how we could split up the payment and pay monthly for our wedding. This really helped with budgeting. Leading up to the wedding, I had several questions and called and/or sent a text to Denise, the coordinator, and she responded quickly every time. One of the best parts about House of Broel is that it is all inclusive. This alleviates the stress often involved in planning a wedding. There was no need to find a place for all the different things needed like food, cake, alcohol, and decorations.

Now to the big day. Bonnie was our officiant and did a wonderful ceremony. Denise coordinated everything and made sure the whole thing went flawlessly. Rachel, my bridal attendant, was by my side the whole time. She made a plate of food for my husband and I and had us step away for a few minutes so we can spend a little time together and eat something. Kevin and Russell, the bartenders, made great strong drinks. My dad cannot eat pork and one of the bartenders went and made my dad some pork free jambalaya that he loved. The food was really good. The house DJ is great, definitely use him. The whole staff went above and beyond our expectation to make our day memorable not only for us but for our guests. If you care getting married in New Orleans, this is the place, you will not regret it.

Rebekah · Married on 12/30/2017

Very lovely and accommodating venue! The House looked absolutely stunning and gorgeous. Our guests had a fabulous time! And thank goodness for the coordinator helping us keep on track!

Kylie · Married on 12/16/2017

Bonnie and the attendants were amazing. Bonnie worked within our budget and was always quick to respond to any questions we had. The attendants helped us stay on track the day of the wedding. They pulled us aside so we could have a minute to eat together. Our day went even better than we had hoped for. The house was decorated beautifully and we only had to bring our favors and cake topper. We loved it was all inclusive and did not have to spend extra money on decorations, caterer, etc.

Tammy · Married on 10/11/2017

Such a Beautiful place and everyone was so nice. Thank you for making my special day wonderful.

Debbie · Married on 10/07/2017

The House of Broel team delivered an experience that absolutely made my dream wedding come true! When we toured the House of Broel with Ms. Broel, we were blown away, as the venue totally encompassed the authentic charm of New Orleans that we were looking for. Ms. Broel put our minds at ease and told us that we could just basically show up and they would take of everything. She truly has a passion for what she does, and she and her staff executed everything FLAWLESSLY! Denise, the coordinator, was amazing, and she was always available when I had a question or special request. She made sure that my every wish was granted, and I can't thank her enough. Cassandra was an absolute angel, as a bridal assistant! She doted on me like a mother would with helping me look perfect. She gave me words of encouragement and she was there to attend to me throughout the evening to make sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. The food was DELICIOUS, and the libations flowed - my guests were EXTREMELY impressed! The House of Broel delivered a FLAWLESS dream wedding for me, and I just wish I could experience it over and over again! I had a vision of my dream wedding, and the House of Broel EXCEEDED my expectations! Beautiful venue and excellent service!

TaJa · Married on 07/07/2017

From start to finish Bonnie Broels and her staff made this process stress free. They were very helpful during the planning process. On the day of wedding my veil and jewelry was misplaced. Ms Bonnie went above & beyond. Not only did she give me a veil but offered a selection of jewelry to chose from. The venue was GORGEOUS, the food was delicious and the drinks were tasty. Everything was perfect.

Allison · Married on 07/02/2017

We loved The House of Broel! We decided on the intimate package because we did't want to have a huge wedding but we wanted something really special. The staff was amazing and made our wedding day pretty much effortless. They did just about everything for us and all we had to do was show up. I would definitely recommend The House of Broel .

Tammy · Married on 05/10/2017

House of broel really made having and out of state wedding worry free! Coming from Oregon we weren't able to view the venue before hand but it was amazing! The food, staff and the venue were amazing! It was a very magical time for us. Our quests still talk about how nice the house of broel was! They all loved it. A big thank you to Cassandra who was a huge help!!!! We love the city of New Orleans and will be back again!

Cynthia · Married on 04/13/2017

One of the most beautiful places in earth. Everything was perfect! Mrs. Broel gave a special ceremony with a sweet loving touch. I am so happy this was were I got married.

Tiffani · Married on 03/31/2017

Absolutely perfect! My husband and I live out of state so this wedding was planned without being there. They are all inclusive which made it so much easier for us. All I had to worry about were my flowers and photographer. All my guest raved about how amazing the venue was and how much fun they had. Bonnie did tours of the museums upstairs during the reception. It gave my wedding that little extra unique experience. Bonnie and her staff are dynamite!!!! If you want that classic Victorian New Orleans wedding experience this is your venue!!!!

Mikelle · Married on 03/24/2017

This venue was everything we were looking for and more!!!! The food was great, the staff was more than helpful, and everyone is till talking about it!!

Haley · Married on 02/05/2017

We decided to elope and found the Hosie of Broel to be extremely accommodating considering we called them one month before the ceremony! I did not step inside the place until 2 days before the wedding. I was in constant communication with Miss Bonnie and Denise and they assured me everything would go smoothly. The house is absolutely beautiful and pictures do not do this place justice. We had a small ceremony and plenty of places to take pictures. The bartender made sure everyone had a drink and the food was delicious!! If I had to do it all over again I would definitely go to this place first. They took care of all of the arrangements and the dj. All I had to do was walk in, get dressed, and get married. I would like to thank everyone at the House of Broel for everything they did for us and for making our day a wonderful experience with no stress.

House of Broel 4

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2016

If you are like me and hate to plan, the House of Broel is the way to go. (Almost) everything is included at some of the lowest prices in New Orleans. Thanks for making my wedding stress-free and enjoyable!

Erika · Married on 09/04/2016

I can not express how fabulous I think this venue and staff are. We had such a great day with friend and family. We came from out of state, and Ms. Broel and her team literally took care of everything. It was a happy, happy day.

Sent on 12/21/2016

House of Broel's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased that your day was all that you hoped for.

Brenda · Married on 06/02/2016

We chose the House of Broel to renew our vows for our 30th anniversary. Arranging things after only seeing Internet pictures and talking with Bonnie on the phone from Houston was a little nerve-wracking, but I couldn't have made a better selection. I was immediately relieved and comfortable when we got there and so pleased with everything.....Thank you all for a beautiful day!

Sent on 06/14/2016

House of Broel's reply:

Thank you Brenda for writing this review for us. I am very pleased that you were so happy with everything. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate calling. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Ashley · Married on 05/14/2016

My now husband and I planned this as a destination wedding and did most of the planning over the phone. Ms. Broel was easy to contact for planning purposes.
    We arrived a couple of days prior to the wedding and Ms. Broel took us on a complete tour of the facility including the accompanying museum. She showed us the options for where we could hold the ceremony. We chose the beautiful courtyard to have our ceremony in. The courtyard has a pond and is well maintained. The day of the wedding we were greeted by Ms. Broel and other staff. She opens the venue an hour before the wedding to allow the bride to get ready there. They were all very helpful and made sure everything went smoothly. I had forgotten to tell Ms. Broel that we wanted to include a sand ceremony until I arrived at the House of Broel the day of the wedding. She was awesome and found her script and ran over it with me real quick while I was getting ready to make sure it was what we wanted. I had a bridal attendant with me who made sure I had everything I needed and made sure things stayed on schedule. Ms. Broel performed our ceremony. During the reception, Ms. Broel and all of her staff made sure we and our guests were taken care of. The food was delicious. We couldn't have asked for a better day or venue. It was simply amazing!

Sent on 06/08/2016

House of Broel's reply:

Ashley.. You are so wonderful and you made such a beautiful bride. I am so happy I was able to please you and your wedding did turn out perfectly. I told you it was all going to work out. It is always touching when a sand ceremony is performed and it is always a pleasure to do them. Thank you for writing this review for House of Broel. May your future be filled with joy, laughter and prosperity. Please keep in touch with me and if you ever need a location for your anniversary party, you know where I am. Love and Light, Bonnie
  • W

Wayne · Married on 12/19/2015

House of Broel is located on one of the prettiest and most historic streets in the city, and its beautiful location on St. Charles is mirrored by the rooms on the inside. The inside is filled with antiques and pieces of New Orleans memorabilia, such as one of Bonnie Broel's Mardi Gras gowns. The layout of the house is perfect for any kind of party, and we loved moving from room to room, dancing, chatting, and enjoying the excellent food. The fountain and courtyard out back were also lovely, and we took some of our favorite wedding photos there. Of course, there is also a second floor filled with items from Bonnie's travels, her frog collection, and a host of doll houses. Our guests were treated to a tour, and they loved it.

Wait, there's more. Bonnie Broel is a great host, who was always willing to address any concern leading up to the wedding. She chatted with our guests and charmed them, too. Honestly, we were sold on House of Broel from the moment we sat down with her to view picture albums. She is a New Orleans treasure.

Lastly, let's talk pricing. I won't go into all of the details here, but I would be surprised if there is a better price out there. The food was tasty, we had an open bar with top shelf alcohol, the cake and dj were included in the package, etc. Her rates were easily the most reasonable ones we encountered, and, for what she gave us, she could have charged a great deal more. During our first meeting, Bonnie made a remark that she wanted to "give the house to the girls." She sincerely means that, and it's clear that she is delighted to have guests in her family home.

TLDR: You won't go wrong choosing House of Broel for your wedding reception or any other party. The price won't break the bank. Make sure you spend some time chatting with Bonnie; she rocks.

Alicia · Married on 05/09/2015

This was the perfect place to make my dreams of a fabulous fairytale wedding come to life. Everything was truly wonderful! My husband is from New Orleans, but I'm from New York so most of my guests had never experienced a wedding in New Orleans and they were all very impressed and said they have never enjoyed a wedding reception as much as ours. Bonnie Broel, the owner did an excellent job of making sure that everything was perfect. The whole evening was truly magical! And the scenery looks absolutely amazing in all of our photos. It's the perfect setting for elegance and classic love story. The ceremony was pure romance and the reception was fun fun fun!!!! I highly recommend the House of Broel Victorian Mansion for your wedding cerem

Bonnie: First and foremost, I want to thank you for opening the House of Broël to us and for hosting such a lovely ceremony and reception for us. The level of attention that we received from you and members of your professional staff was unsurpassed. It demonstrated in significant ways the level of care you give to your guests. The succulent food you prepared for us, about which we are still receiving comments; the delicious cake worth dying for; the warmth and majesty of your house; and the professionalism of your staff are all factors which contributed to all the guests being able to enjoy themselves. From the House of Broël's end, everything went to perfection. For this, I am most appreciative, and want to convey to you and your staff my heartfelt thanks.

ADRIENNE · Married on 03/21/2015

THE STAFF WERE WONDERFUL & HELPFUL!!! DEFINITELY WILL REFER PEOPLE HERE

Kirsten · Married on 10/17/2014

Everything was excellent! Service, staff, food & drinks were all awesome! Great value for the price we paid! Best place to get married in New Orleans! Most romantic place for a wedding! My family is still raving about my wedding!