Hotel Vandivort Reviews

View more information

1 User photo

• Theglamfather
    Francesca Getting married on 10/30/2021

BEAUITFUL place love the atmosphere

Okay the space was underwhelming at first. Then i envisioned getting married and the cute locations to take pictures. It was just the over best price and i went to the restaurant and it was delicious so I’m so happy i decided to spend the rest of my life with
  • Heather
    Heather C. Married on 09/14/2019

I got my dream wedding at Hotel Vandivort

Honestly, I can't say enough wonderful things about Hotel Vandivort.

When my husband asked where I wanted to have our wedding, I immediately said Hotel Vandivort. I wanted a venue that we could use for every aspect of our day, centrally located for everyone. The fact that the aesthetic fit perfectly into my vision was a bonus!

As soon as I saw the ballroom, I started to cry. The lighting was amazing, the acoustics were phenomenal, and the energy in the room pulled us in. We immediately booked and started planning.

Katie was an integral part of making our day come together. She was always fast to respond to questions, working with us when we needed access to the ballroom, and recommending vendors. Katie's calm demeanor was a lifesaver in stressful moments.

The other staff was equally wonderful. From housekeeping and valets, the wait and check in staff, they were all so polite and always greeted us with a smile. We felt as if they really cared about us having a great experience and the level of service was phenomenal. The Order provided amazing appetizers, serving everything at the proper time and making sure all the food stayed the perfect temperature. No guest was left out and everyone raved about the food and drinks. My husband was very impressed that they were able to order in his favorite non alcoholic beer. Hotel Vandivort went the extra mile to make sure everything about our event came together without a snag.

I cannot recommend Hotel Vandivort enough. I refer all of my friends that are getting married to Hotel Vandivort. The level of service cannot be matched and the venue itself is second to none.
  • Delisa
    Delisa W. Married on 02/16/2019

Good quality good everything

Every thing was awesome I can’t wait to practice being here the wedding going to be hugeI’m just so excited

Hotel Vandivort's reply:

Thank you for such a kind statement! We look forward to working with you and making it your one of a kind dream day!
    Jennifer L. Married on 02/10/2021

Made our day a breeze

We had a great experience at Hotel Vandivort. They pointed me in all the right directions for vendors and I was able to do as little or as much as I want which for me is on the very little side. I said what I would like and they made it happen. The ballroom is beautiful even with the most minimal amount of decorations. Everything flowed easily, service was wonderful and we all had a good time.
  • Chris
    Chris Married on 06/12/2020

Met Bride Expo + Vandivort Expo

Meeting with JT & Tessa was awesome as they answered numerous questions and showed us the many rooms we asked to see. Great to work with thus far!

Hotel Vandivort's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We love getting to work with our clients one-on-one to plan the most special day!
    Brittany Married on 05/09/2009
    I fell in love with the Grand Ballroom from the first time I went. It is a beautiful space with a great view of downtown Springfield. All the staff were wonderful. I would recommend this site to anyone getting married!
    Christina Married on 11/22/2008
    This venue was absolutely beautiful! There were plenty of choices to make it a personal experiance! The planner was so professional! She called afterwards to inquire on how she did. The food was great!
    Janae Married on 07/07/2007
    We had our reception here. It's a beautiful old historic building in downtown Springfield, and the ballroom is newly remodeled.

We had approximately 225 guests, and I wouldn't recommend trying to fit any more than that in the ballroom. We were able to fit tables and chairs for 225 people, plus a buffet line, dance floor, cake table, and photo booth. It was a tight fit, but it can be done! The staff are great and very helpful. Our guests were treated to valet parking, which was great considering how hard it is to find a parking space downtown.

One thing to note: The ballroom is on the 3rd floor of the Vandivort Centre. On the 2nd floor is the Vandivort Theatre, which puts on productions of plays and musicals. If your reception happens to be at the same time as one of the shows, you are not permitted to have loud music until the theatre lets out. You can still have a band or DJ, but you have to wait until the play is over downstairs before you can turn the music up and party! We were lucky in that there was no show on the night of our wedding, but it's worth mentioning to others.