Hotel Sorrento Reviews

45 Reviews for Hotel Sorrento

45 Hotel Sorrento Reviews
  • Nicole & Lydell

Nicole & Lydell · Married on 05/25/2018

We had our wedding ceremony and cocktail reception at the Hotel Sorrento and it was amazing! The staff was very professional and did a great job setting up both rooms. I would highly recommend this venue! There was change in staff last minute, but Andrea stepped right in and assured us that we would be taken care of and had nothing to worry about.

Anna · Married on 02/24/2018

My husband and I found the Hotel Sorrento by chance after driving by it one evening. After looking into the venue and contacting the staff we were so excited to set our date and plan our wedding there - the venue is beautiful inside and out and was exactly the old Italian style I wanted for my wedding. The staff was absolutely wonderful to work with - Andrea worked with us one-on-one for a year and was responsive and accommodating to all of our needs. They even designed a special menu to work with our food budget. The venue was so impressive as was the staff leading up to and throughout the wedding. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone wanting a beautiful yet affordable wedding in the city!

Sara · Married on 09/03/2017

We found Hotel Sorrento to be the ideal venue for our wedding. Morgan was extremely customer oriented and responsive. She had some great suggestions, such as having the actual ceremony on the deck, which worked out perfectly. I had a LOT of questions for Morgan during the months preceding the wedding, which she always found time to answer within a few minutes of my emailing her. The hotel itself was beautiful, the food was fabulous, and the staff were friendly and accommodating. We found the wedding package, which included several guest suites for our friends and family from out-of-town, to be perfect for our needs. We had looked forward to our wedding day so much that we didn't think it could actually surpass our expectations, but it DID! We plan to come back to the Sorrento for our anniversary every year.

Terra · Married on 07/15/2017

The Sorrento Hotel was everything we needed and more to host our intimate wedding ceremony and reception. We booked the Sorrento over a year prior to our wedding day. We never thought we would choose a hotel for our venue but we fell in love with everything and made our decision right away. We knew we wanted the ceremony and reception in the same venue and the space was perfect for that.

We no longer live in Washington and had to plan our wedding from Texas. Morgan was always quick to respond and to update and send us any information we needed beforehand. We truly did not have to worry about anything. Their vendor recommendations really helped and the vendors that we chose on our own knew the hotel well.

It was so beautiful. Morgan and her staff take care of so much. It left us with no stress as they handled all of the incoming vendors. The food was wonderful and the catering captains were very nice and professional. She also left a beautifully written, thoughtful card for us along chocolate covered strawberries and champagne on ice in our room after the wedding.

I highly recommend the Sorrento Hotel and everything they have to offer!

Kristy · Married on 05/07/2017

Wow-- have only good things to say about our wedding at Hotel Sorrento. The space for the venue was beautiful and we loved that you can have the entire floor for the wedding and reception. We had several young children attend our wedding and it was good to know they had space to run around or step outside if they needed a break. The food was delicious with meal options suitable for all of our guests. The costs for everything were outlined in our initial contract and there were no surprises when we received the bill. The several rooms included when renting the space were a huge bonus as we had several elderly relatives travel from out of town.

Morgan was always friendly, accommodating, and helpful with every question we had and every change we made. She promptly answered all of our questions and checked in to make sure things were going smoothly. The staff were all very professional and delivered outstanding service throughout our wedding weekend. We would highly recommend this venue!

Noni · Married on 04/22/2017

When my husband and I first started the venue hunting process, I knew that wanted to host both the ceremony and reception in the same location. Coming from an event planning background myself, it was also important to me to make sure that the venue was 1) conveniently located for guests 2) had low space rental cost 3) quality food and service 4) overall value.

I fell in love with Hotel Sorrento's old world charm and intimate spaces. Their wedding package gave us the whole top floor including the penthouse where there was a built in bar and grand piano (both of which we put to good use!). We first worked with Happiness (yes, that's her actual name), and then a few months before our wedding we were told that she was leaving and the new gal Morgan was taking over. I admit I was a little nervous because I had gone over all the details with Happiness and was concerned something would be lost in the transition. However, Morgan blew us away with her professionalism and responsiveness. When we finally met her in person to go over the menu, it was clear that she had studied all the details of our wedding and I was reassured that I was in good hands.

On our wedding day, everything went smoothly, the staff were attentive and friendly, and it was just beautiful. At the end of the wedding, my husband and I retreated to our room's big hot tub and popped open a bottle of prosecco in celebration.

Holly · Married on 04/08/2017

From the day I met the Sorrento representative at a wedding show to checking out of the hotel the morning after our wedding - every step of the way was just handled. Any question I could ask (even if I'd asked it 10 times before) was answered graciously and every effort was made on the day-of to ensure complete joy from me and everyone attending our wedding.
    Morgan was lovely and professional and an amazing person to have on your side, when trying to coordinate so many little details for a wedding. I absolutely adore her and her whole team.
    I really couldn't recommend them enough - Love Love Love!

Marissa · Married on 03/25/2017

We had a wonderful experience getting married at Hotel Sorrento! The staff were super helpful (before, during, and after the wedding), the venue itself was gorgeous, and the food was excellent! Overall it made our wedding perfect!

Michelle · Married on 11/08/2015

We booked the Sorrento for our wedding and were very happy with the quality and responsiveness of the service we got from Happiness and her staff. The food was absolutely delicious and we were able to work with them to ensure that beer from our friend's brewery was available for guests. The prime rib was fantastic, we selected the buffet option and it couldn't have gone better.

Happiness was very detailed and provided thorough paperwork, drawings, diagrams, layouts and seating chart tables which were all very useful during the planning process.

Our guest list was 100 and that was the limit of what we could fit, we felt very comfortable with that number of people and the entire venue felt full and energetic throughout the wedding.

The view from the balcony was a wonderful place for wedding photography and we got lucky that the rain decided to stop briefly and were able to take some very nice pictures.

Highly recommend making sure to purchase covers for the chairs, we covered them in white and it looked beautiful. However, without covers the chairs are an unpleasant yellow color.

Nate · Married on 02/14/2015

We were married on Valentine's Day this year at the Sorrento. It was a perfect day and a perfect location. The Sorrento was flawless in hosting our day. The food was amazing we opted for Filet Mignon paired with Lobster tails and we had only raving reviews from all of our guests (a couple proffessional chefs included). We highly recommend this location. Their wedding package makes everything so easy. Everything was included and effortless. We loved it.

Ali · Married on 08/29/2014

Thank you Lisa!
    Having a peanut treenut allergy makes a it hard to find a place that will work with you. Lisa and her team not only said we can do it! She stayed through dinner to make sure we were good to go with no incident. She also has great recommendations for some awesome vendors.They also work well with vendors not on their list.
    Since the groom and I decided not to see each other prior to the ceremony, we needed to do something with our guests.The hotel and banquet staff were flexible in letting us have a cocktail hour prior to the reception.
    Our guests are still talking about the wedding reception and how smooth it went. Lisa is not only good at what she does but she is kind hearted and truely cares about her clients.

Sade · Married on 08/15/2014

Hey Lisa!

I want to say thank you for everything. It's been pretty stressful planning for my parents and I but everything came out perfect! The food was awesome!!! You were like my fairy godmother through the whole process.
    I appreciate everything you do. The hotel and service was amazing. It makes me want just live there and possibly work later on in the future as a food prep or banquet server!! The wedding overall was amazing and I plan on having a girls night with me and my friends at the hotel. I love what you do and you do it so well. Keep doing you Ms. Lisa Blair!!! I look forward to always keep in touch!

Joanne · Married on 07/24/2014

The Sorrento Hotel was beautiful and their penthouse space for our special dinner was fabulous, Annie Wise was just wonderful to work with, she was always quick to respond, she was able to customize our menu to what we wanted, she was always available, she came through with everything we asked for and the hotel's chef and staff made our rehearsal Dinner so much fun and special. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

Geoffrey · Married on 06/21/2014

The Sorrento Hotel was a beautiful venue, holding charm you don't see in many other wedding reception locations. The entryway is staffed with very attentive and courteous attendants. Upon entering, you are greeted with a very romantic and intimate feeling lobby. A single elevator takes you up to the 7th floor, where guests are able to spend time eating, drinking, and chatting in a lounge area complete with a gorgeous balcony overlooking downtown Seattle (with a view of the Space Needle). I highly recommend a summer date to take full advantage of this opportunity. The hors d'oeuvres served are all delicious, far and above what we expected. For dinner, guests are led to a separate room which includes a dance floor. Again, the dinner was excellent and served by a very professional staff. We received many compliments throughout the night and after on how beautiful everything was and how delicious the food was.

Lisa Blair, our initial contact for the Sorrento Hotel, is a wonderful event coordinator and really made the experience way less stressful than it very well could have been. She truly cares about your night and that is a very important trait for a coordinator to have. In fact, the entire staff, from the bartenders, servers, attendants, reception desk staff, etc, were ALL extremely professional, courteous, and most important of all, pleasant people to work with. This venue is a perfect place for a somewhat more intimate wedding reception (we only had about 80 guests) and we were so impressed by everything it had to offer.

Melissa · Married on 06/14/2014

If you are looking for a flawless, unforgettable wedding experience, Sorrento Hotel is the place to go. The staff is incredibly helpful - all planning and communication was executed in a timely manner for my wedding, and not once did I feel like I was left hanging.

The venue is absolutely stunning, and in-house catering is to die for. Reasonably priced for everything included, and worth every penny invested.

Noreen · Married on 05/25/2014

We had our wedding with 80 guests at the Sorrento. We had a wonderful experience. As the bride, I felt very comfortable just enjoying the day because I knew the Sorrento would take care of all the details. Happiness was always very prompt in communicating with us and gave excellent guidance. My husband and I are older and it was a second wedding for both of us. We wanted a wedding that was centered on being a celebration of life and our friends and family. That is what it was. Everyone had so much fun!

I cannot say enough good things about the Sorrento. They were a dream to work with. The venue is gorgeous and intimate, with old-world elegance. Lisa was SO helpful, anytime I needed anything throughout the whole wedding planning process (and I planned my wedding long-distance). There were zero hidden fees or surprises--everything was very transparent. Lisa worked with me to create the perfect menu to fit the budget, and the food was delicious. I couldn't believe everything we got for the price with the Sorrento. Lisa made the wedding day stress-free. Afterwards, several guests told my parents it was a "fairy tale wedding." A million thanks to Lisa and the Sorrento!

• Joanne

Joanne · Married on 04/27/2014

Had an amazing dinner and set up for our wedding. It was elegant and timeless !

Brad · Married on 10/11/2013

If you want a high quality wedding, you can't go past the Sorrento Hotel in Seattle.

We were married at the Sorrento on the 11th October and now have a memory that will never be forgotten. After checking out the venue, we didn't look any further.

Lisa Blair and her crew were meticulous in the planning and coordination and it definitely paid off on the night. The reception venue was above expectations, the food was delicious, wine was fabulous, hotel rooms were gorgeous, and above all our guests were extremely happy.

Galina · Married on 09/29/2013

Thank you so much Lisa and Hotel Sorrento for the great wedding! Everything was amazing! During preparation and on our wedding day Lisa and all stuff were so helpful, our wedding went so smooth so I didn’t have to worry about anything.

If you want high quality and amazing wedding, I would definitely recommend HOTEL SORRENTO!!!

Angela · Married on 09/01/2013

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Sorrento Hotel on September 1st.

We were initially drawn to the Sorrento Hotel because of it's history and elegance. After meeting with Lisa and the hotel staff, we were completely sold! Lisa was knowledgeable, attentive, and always prompt in answering our questions from our initial consultation up to the day of our wedding. We had lots of family staying at the hotel and the staff were very accommodating and always friendly.

The Sorrento Hotel is gorgeous and the Top of the Town, where we had the ceremony and reception, has a beautiful view of Seattle. I would highly recommend Sorrento Hotel!

P.S. The food was more than delicious!

We were married at the Sorrento Hotel in August, 2013, and couldn't be happier with our choice.

First off, I want to say that we are not easy to please, and expected great food, great service, and a beautiful venue at a reasonable enough price. The Sorrento delivered on all fronts.

In terms of food - we were very particular about what we wanted, and the Sorrento allowed us to really customize the menu. They even went so far as to say we were fun, because they got to prepare some different items. (The truth is, we were a pain in the ***, and they bent over backwards to deliver what we wanted, even wearing smiles).

In terms of service, the entire staff busted their tails for us. We worked with Lisa Blair (director of catering) on just above everything - and she's a rock star. I'm pretty sure she went way beyond her job description for us. In general, this staff will do everything they can to make your wedding as wonderful as possible.

To find a negative, I will say they had a few glitches on their reservations with some people (I think based in Texas, for some reason, which you might get on the phone) who are new. On that front, the best way to deal with reservations is to make sure your guests book early on summer weekends, because they fill up fast - especially if you're competing with a convention.

The venue is beautiful. We used the top of the town for our ceremony, moved over to the penthouse room for a cocktail hour, then came back to the top of the town for the reception. You don't need to do much to make this space beautiful - just some pretty flowers - and that's all.

In terms of cost, there's no avoiding that getting married in a great Seattle venue is not cheap - but Sorrento is as reasonable as one could hope for at this level. They will not destroy you on hidden fees - it really is what you see is what you get - which is great.

I was also very pleasantly surprised by the beautiful rooms (I was worried they would be dated).

Julianne · Married on 08/01/2013

My wife and I recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Sorrento Hotel and it was an amazing experience! We couldn't have asked for more. The staff and our main "go-to", Happiness, were so attentive, professional, and friendly. They accommodated all our needs as best as possible and then some. Definitely a great place to have your special day catered to! Beautiful old hotel, has character and different from the rest of the modern ones. If you're looking for sophisticated and elegant, this is it!

Shannon · Married on 05/19/2013

My husband and I got married at the Sorrento Hotel in May and we are still amazed at how perfect everything was. From the moment we stepped into the hotel and met Lisa Blair, who we had the pleasure of working with through the whole planning process, we knew this was the place we wanted to get married.

The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and has so much old Seattle charm. The Top of the Town ballroom and penthouse spaces have wonderful views and while large enough for a wedding, still feel warm and intimate. All our guests have told us how welcome and comfortable they felt.

I can't even explain how delicious our food was! We have heard over and over again that this was by far the best food our guests have ever had at a wedding (or in a restaurant for that matter). I am going to have cravings for the mushroom ravioli for the foreseeable future and we will definitely be going to the Hunt Club soon in search of more delicious salmon and asparagus.

So many venues we looked at had strange hidden fees and charges for things that made us wary. When we met with Lisa at the Sorrento she had everything clearly laid out for us and I was never nervous about getting a bill for something unexpected. She helped us get things done quickly, was able to recommend vendors that were an absolute dream to work with, she helped herd our families during the rehearsal because we were complete ceremony novices, and made sure everything was perfect on our wedding day.. We don't know what we would have done without her!

On our wedding day we felt so spoiled. The staff were all very nice and seemed to anticipate exactly what we needed. I could go on and on about all the details, but my point is this: if you want a beautiful venue where you and all your guests will feel like they're in a Seattle fairy tale, then this is it.