Hotel Playa Fiesta Reviews

61 | Puerto Vallarta, MX

61 Reviews for Hotel Playa Fiesta

• Mai

Mai K · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Wedding guest turned Wedding Couple! (Jan 2020)

5 stars just isn't enough to rate Playa Fiesta. You won't find another full-service wedding venue that is as thoughtful, caring, proactive, attentive, and friendly as PF. I am truly grateful for Lindsay, Gabi and the staff (s/o to Charlie!) for such an unforgettable experience.

Having been a wedding guest at Playa Fiesta before, I knew the caliber of service, facility, food quality, cleanliness, etc. to expect...nothing below excellent. However, I was blown away by how RELAXED and CHILL I was the ENTIRE time as the bride.

This sounds incredibly cliche, but our wedding will go down as the best day of our lives. It was also so wonderful to be able to get quality time with each of our guests throughout the 5 days and nights hanging out poolside.

Sent on 03/02/2020

Hi Mai,

We are so happy we got to meet you during Sarah & Johnson’s wedding at Playa Fiesta, and then we got to plan your wedding too! We hope you see you again very soon. Thank you for your kind words!

Michael Gamboa · Married on 08/12/2020

Flawless Wedding!

My wife found Playa Fiesta through Trip Advisor and within a week we were on a flight to Puerto Vallarta. I was hesitant to book our venue, especially for a destination wedding, without seeing it in person. Immediately, Lindsay and Adam put our minds at ease, and we fell in love with the location and their team. After experiencing the amazing views, beach access, impeccable service and a delicious tasting, there was no question this was our venue. Just over a year after our visit we were back with our family and friends for a perfect December wedding.

Lindsay and Gabi made the entire process so easy. As the groom, I loved how seamless every choice we needed to make went and how they kept us informed of everything along the way. Once we arrived back at Playa Fiesta there were no worries or stresses. One of the best parts was seeing our family experience the hotel and team throughout the week. The Playa Fiesta team remembers every guest by first name, what their favorite drink/food was and made us all feel like VIPs! There was never a meal or drink that I didn't love and there was not a single complaint from our group. Everyone was blown away and they still talk about it to this day.

Our wedding day was perfect! Once again, everything was just so easy that we never had to worry. The hardest part was leaving. It felt like saying goodbye to family. My wife and I cannot wait to go back and we are just hoping we can talk another family member or friend to get married here too!

Sent on 08/21/2020

Hi Mike,

What a pleasure it was getting to meet you and Randa a year before your wedding, and then celebrate your big day at Playa Fiesta! We look forward to having you two back down again. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

• Todd

Todd Dieterich · Married on 03/07/2020

Wedding Perfection!!

My wife and I just got married at Playa Fiesta one month ago, and our heads are still swimming thinking about how perfectly everything went. What an amazing experience to have your own exclusive hotel all to yourselves, where you can plan out every activity and meal, and really get to see and hang out with all of your friends and family who made the journey down there.

The owners of the hotel Adam and Lindsay were meticulous in ever aspect of the planning, and left no stone unturned. They are true masters of wedding planning. Between the two of them and their wedding planner Gabi, every single question or issue that we had was addressed immediately, and we were never once concerned that we were in anything but the most capable of hands.

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were waited on hand and foot by the most amazing staff that we have ever encountered. They seriously knew everyone's names from day one, and treated us like family. Smiling faces at every turn handing us drinks and delicious food all week long.

Speaking of the food ... second to NONE. Every meal was absolutely top notch. My wife is a bit of a food snob, so I was nervous, as she's not particularly fond of the typical "all inclusive" food. Trust me ... this is not that. Every guest I spoke to raved about the superb quality of the food, and they didn't miss on a single meal.

The staff made sure that everyone had everything they needed at all times. I hate to name anyone specifically, because every single one was absolutely amazing, but Charly, Allan, and Chema were out of this world. I never heard anyone looking for a waiter or asking "where's that drink?" Always right there when you needed them.

The rooms were all unique in their own way, and each had their own amazing qualities. The resort is right on the beach with sweeping views of the ocean and sunsets for days. Most of the rooms had amazing ocean views, and even the ones that did not were very quaint and cozy for our guests who preferred more of a secluded space. The rooftop suites where the nightly after parties occurred were really perfect for gathering in large numbers and dancing the night away.

This staff not only helped us plan our amazingly picturesque wedding and reception, but they helped us plan a catamaran trip to the cute little town of Yelapa, a karaoke DJ, a night of fire dancers, babysitting, and transportation to airports and marinas. When I say no stone was left unturned ... I really mean it. We were really able to just turn off our worries for the entire week and fully enjoy the most amazing week of our lives with all of the people who are most important to us. If I could do it every year ... I would.

Sent on 04/05/2020

Hi Todd,

What wonderful words to read, thank you for taking the time to share. We couldn’t be happier that you as such a great experience at Playa Fiesta! It was an absolute pleasure getting to know you and Amy, and your awesome group of family & friends. We look forward to seeing you both again!

Amy Greinke · Married on 03/06/2020

Dream Wedding!

I never even knew that I had a dream wedding, until the wonderful staff and ownership of Playa Fiesta showed me that I did ... and then made it come true.

We had so many off-the-cuff ideas that we wanted for the week. The owners Adam and Lindsay, and their trusty wedding planner assistant Gabi, were amazing in making those visions into a reality in a completely seamless and pain-free way. Karaoke DJ night? Done. Appetizer spread upon guests arrival? No problem. Elaborate layout of gifts for guests in their rooms? Easy. Boat cruise day? We're on it. Live authentic Mexican guitarist and vocalist for the ceremony? Don't even worry about it.

The list goes on and on.

The staff was out of this world. Their attention to detail and level of personal care that they gave each of our guests was truly outstanding. They knew all of our guests by name, were keenly aware of their dietary restrictions. No one was ever thirsty without a drink or hungry without a plate. I can go on for days about the waiters, bartenders, cooks, and all of the staff.

I can't emphasize enough how great it was to have a private resort just for our guests. No worrying for a second about keeping the neighbors up at night with our dance parties or some creepy guy crashing our wedding reception! Haha. Just all of our favorite people, all of the time! That's priceless, and frankly we found the price to be quite reasonable for the five star level of everything that we got.

And I can't finish this review without mentioning the food. Oh my gosh! I am a huge food snob, and I typically do not like all inclusive type resorts. This was certainly not that. I got to hand pick out all of the dinners, and I don't think that I could have missed from the list that they provided. Every single meal was a home run. The breakfasts spreads were fresh and full of flavor, the omelettes cooked custom to perfection, and all of the dinners were out of this world.

This was such a painless wedding planning process. I can't sing their praises loudly enough. I can't wait to convince my friends to get married here, so that I can also experience it from a guest perspective, because all of our guests were certainly blown away. I'm still getting rave reviews!

Sent on 07/13/2020

Hi Amy!

Thank you so much for sharing such kind words. We are very happy you had such a great experience at Playa Fiesta! It was such a pleasure getting to know you and Todd during the wedding planning and throughout your wedding week! We enjoyed your group very much and hope to see you again very soon!

Sway Martinez · Married on 03/04/2020

Dream Wedding

I was fortunate to visit Playa Fiesta before COVID for a dear friends wedding.
    It was one of my best experiences at an all inclusive resort. From the moment we arrived to the resort, the staff was incredible and very generous with their welcoming!
    The food was absolutely amazing and very accommodating with my Gluten-Free diet. So many options that were very tasty!
    By the end of the trip, the staff knew my name, my drink, my breakfast order and gave the best hugs. I felt very safe and respected by the staff and the owner! Louiś, Chema, Gabi and the owner of Playa Fiesta, Lindsay ; made the wedding experience one my most fav weddings to be a part of!!!
    I would highly recommend this resort for a wedding or a vacation! Loved, loved, loved!

Sent on 07/19/2020

Hi Sway,

What wonderful words to read, thank you very much for taking the time to share! We couldn’t be happier that you enjoyed your stay for Amy & Todd’s wedding week. It was a pleasure getting to meet you!

• Alison

Alison Orrey · Married on 02/28/2020

Exceeded my wedding expectations & dreams

To say that our wedding was a dream wedding would be an understatement - it was a dream week! I cried on Sunday when it was over and we left the hotel - and our guests cried too - because they were also so sad it was over!

When thinking about our ideal wedding, my fiance and I wanted a fun spot where we could spend quality time with the people we hold near and dear - we had about 65 people attend. We found Playa Fiesta by accident (we weren't even looking at venues in Puerto Vallarta!) and I honestly feel like it was meant to be. We booked our wedding sight unseen after pouring over reviews and a couple phone/email conversations. What really sold us was the fact that you have the WHOLE hotel for just your wedding, for the whole week - it's really incredible and a very special and unique experience.

And speaking of experience, everything from beginning to end was ideal. We were definitely nervous having a destination wedding; I am a worrier and also, some of our family was not into the idea. However, from our initial outreach and meeting with Gabi and Lindsay, we knew we had made the right decision. Planning and coordinating from afar was simple and stress free - the communication from the hotel is very impressive. I also loved how you can customize everything to make it feel and reflect you as a couple.

I highly recommend Playa Fiesta as a wedding venue. Even our family members who were originally against a destination wedding admitted it was the best wedding they had ever been to and were sorry they had ever questioned our decision. In fact, we heard from most of our guests that it was the best wedding they have attended. Things couldn't have gone better and it was a dream come true on all levels as a bride. Here's a full breakdown of our experience:

VENUE: situated right on the pacific ocean - beautiful ocean views, stunning sunsets, everything is very clean and organized, guest rooms are decorated nicely and very comfortable. It feels like you, your family and friends have your own private oceanside villa - which you do. The pictures don't do it justice. The two pools are ideal for hanging out and even playing some pool volleyball.

COORDINATION: Gabi and Lindsay are a dream team and SO organized - it was very impressive. They are quick to respond, assist, and make sure nothing slips through the cracks. Even on the wedding day, during dinner I realized one of my false eyelashes was coming unglued, Gabi very discreetly checked with several guests for lash glue and then whisked me off to the bathroom to fix it and return - just in time for the speeches to start! A small example of how Playa Fiesta goes above and beyond throughout the whole wedding process.

FOOD/BEVERAGE: We were a little worried of our guests getting bored with the food coming from the same kitchen, however, the options are delicious and there is a lot of variety - plus, something for everyone. Definitely no boredom here! Our guests couldn't stop raving about the food, both the buffet breakfasts, the family style dinners, and the plated wedding reception meal - it was all delicious. The drinks are also awesome and anything can be created for you.

SERVICE: the team at Playa Fiesta offers the best service - everyone even knows your names and favorite drinks (I know many reviews also state this, and it's true!). Our guests couldn't stop talking about the excellent and attentive service. Everyone is friendly, kind, and caring.

WEDDING: We had beautiful weather on our wedding day, it was the very end of February - everything went off without a hitch. The DJ played amazing music - another thing guests raved about. Happy with the photographer and videographer - both referred to by Playa Fiesta. Dream day :)

OTHER: For our wedding, most guests arrived Wednesday night and left Sunday afternoon. We had a welcome dinner Wednesday and had the fire dancers (highly recommend). Thursday we had pool volleyball and Thursday night we had a salsa instructor come for salsa dancing lessons. Friday was the wedding and Saturday we booked an offsite sunset cruise - in which Playa Fiesta sent us recs on both transportation and the boat service.

Thank you, Hotel Playa Fiesta!

Sent on 06/11/2020

Hi Ali,

What a pleasure it was working with you and John on your wedding week. We couldn’t be happier to read about your experience and what a great time you had. Thank you very much for taking the time to share these words. We look forward to your next visit to Playa Fiesta!

• Katie

Katie · Married on 02/20/2020

Best Decision Ever!!!

Hotel Playa Fiesta was the best decision we could have made for our destination wedding. Being an event/wedding planner (and type A personality) I was a bit hesitant and anxious having a destination wedding, but it was my fiancé’s wish. After looking into other countries and deciding to not use a destination wedding service, we decided on Puerto Vallarta as my husband's family has a connection to the city and he has loved going year after year. I did a venue search on google and stumbled upon Playa Fiesta (Boutique Hotel). The place sounded too good to be true, only you and your guests in the entire place! I sent an email to get more information and was pleasantly surprised to get a response back so quickly; and that was just the beginning. Communication with Lindsay (owner) and Gabi (wedding coordinator) was unbelievable. They would respond so promptly. They had every detail of our wedding week organized down to the minute. It was perfect! I was able to relax and know everything was handled exactly how I wanted it.

From the moment our guests arrived at the hotel, they we all treated like royalty. Each employee had somehow memorized every guest by name and was attentive to our guests needs. Every detail throughout the entire week was spot on. From our guests walking off the beach and being handed a water bottle and cold towel, to booking snorkeling excursions for our guests, to the cleanliness of the entire place, and to everyone feeling safe and secure (not having to worry where you set your purse/phone down). And the FOOD! They offered an amazing breakfast every day that was included and the dinners were delicious that we had added to our package. We could not have asked for a better week. We are still talking about how perfect everything was. Every one of our guests were blown away and still are talking about how it was the best wedding ever and what an amazing time they had. It is truly due to the ENTIRE staff at Playa Fiesta! They were phenomenal. We all want to come back again! :)

We cannot say enough amazing things about Playa Fiesta, they exceeded our expectations! There is something truly magical about that place!

Sent on 04/09/2020

Hi Katie,
    Thank you very much for your kind & wonderful words. It was such a pleasure working with you on your wedding. What a treat for us to work with you since you are in events yourself! We are thrilled you had such a great experience and look forward to seeing you, Bob and your in-laws next time you come to Puerto Vallarta. Thanks again!

• Tomi

Tomi Lesh · Married on 01/31/2020

If I could give them 20 stars I would!

If you want an intimate wedding week that no one will ever forget, then Playa Fiesta should be your venue. Not only did they provide a backdrop for our perfect wedding, they also planned every minute so that we could relax and hangout with our friends and family poolside. Gabi, Danny, and Lindsey are experts in wedding coordination and hospitality! Every single person who works this intimate 28 room resort will go above and beyond to make you feel like a celebrity and also family. To be honest, as a total perfectionist, I was scared to have my wedding so far away but after we began planning and the ladies sent me their spreadsheets with every detail planned out, I knew I was in good hands. They have done over 500 weddings over the years and have really partnered with best vendors to be sure your day will go perfectly. I know I sound like an advertisement but I am actually begging my friend to get married there so I can go back and relive it all again. Feel free to DM me with any questions about our experience!

Sent on 03/02/2020

Hi Tomi,

What a pleasure it was to get to know you, and Nick and you’re family & friends! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, we couldn’t be happier you had such an amazing time. We hope to see you again!

• Brian

Brian · Married on 01/25/2020

Our epic vacation wedding came to life here!

We held our amazing wedding at Playa Fiesta in November 2019. Our incredible week long adventure would not have been possible without Gabi, Adam, Linsday, and their entire team. Their effort is tireless, their attention to detail is unrivaled, and their caring spirit is contagious. After having the pleasure of spending time with each of them at different points throughout the week, we know our wedding was very important to them and they were just as invested as us! They were happy to share drinks, advice from past weddings, Lindsay even shared some of her own makeup that the bride was missing! On to the venue itself; jaw dropping. Ourselves and all of our guests were in awe upon arrival. The rooms are immaculately clean, comfortable, and elegant. The air conditioning is strong, beds comfortable, and bathrooms beautiful. The pools are relaxing, the lounge area enjoyable, and views gorgeous. To build on that, the service and hospitality took it to an even higher level. The personal level of service given to each and every wedding guest was unlike anything we had seen before. They were bringing us new drinks at the pool or on the beach before we even had the chance to ask for another round. Everyone was checking on our every need, down to details of what we had needed or asked for the day prior. The entire staff performed above and beyond in this regard. The food was incredibly delicious and high quality; numerous guests have told us the same. Our wedding ceremony on the deck was gorgeous. They transform the entire grounds on the wedding day into a dream wedding scene. The process and timeline was well laid out for us and very detailed. We could not be happier with how it went. From a bride and groom planning point of view, communication was excellent. Most everything was done via email, many spreadsheets, and a couple of phone calls. Everyone was readily available by phone whenever you needed them. The trickiest part of planning for us was the room assignments. We had full occupancy so choosing who stayed in what rooms was a bit challenging, especially never having been in the rooms, but it all worked out in the end. And again, the entire team was incredibly insightful and accommodating in helping us get it all worked out. Overall, we are incredibly happy with how our wedding turned out and our guests are still ranting and raving about what a memorable time they had! We'd love to come back as wedding guests! If you are thinking about hosting your wedding at Playa Fiesta, you will not regret it!

Sent on 04/29/2020

Hi Brian,

What a pleasure it was planning your wedding with you & Stephanie and getting to spend time with you both during your wedding week. It was so wonderful kicking off our wedding season with with you two, and your amazing group of family & friends! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Shane Bogin · Married on 01/18/2020

Playa Fiesta is a Wonderful Wedding Experience

Choosing Playa Fiesta was the best decision we made. They are experienced, professional, easy-going, responsive, forward-thinking, and humble. For me as a groom the entire journey was as smooth as possible and the wedding day itself went perfectly.

Sent on 06/05/2020

Hi Shane,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Playa Fiesta for your wedding. We really enjoyed planning the wedding with you and Mai and getting to know you both during your wedding week. We also enjoyed your group so much. Hope to see you both again sometime soon! Thanks again!

Gail Clarke · Married on 01/12/2020

Perfect Wedding Site

Our daughter was married at Playa Fiesta in December 2019. Best decision we ever made. We wanted an intimate wedding, something you wouldn’t get at a larger hotel. I was a little anxious about planning a wedding long distance, but Gabi and Lindsay were extremely organized and helpful with every decision. Every room was beautiful and comfortable. The setting was exquisite. The food was excellent. And most importantly, all the staff were like family and very accommodating. It was a perfect wedding and all our friends and family who came say it was the best wedding they have ever attended. Perfection!

Sent on 01/26/2020

Hi Gail,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Playa Fiesta for Lisa & Joe’s wedding! We are having fun looking through their sneak peak photos that just came in. Hope to see you all again, soon!

• Lisa

Lisa Clarke · Married on 12/13/2019

Best Place to get Married

From the moment we arrived we felt welcomed and taken care of. The hotel itself looked amazing and the staff provided the best service we've ever experienced. All of our guests were spoiled with the service, the great food and the location. Nobody wanted to leave. In the months leading up to the wedding, the staff answered all of our questions and regularly followed up to make sure that every detail was planned before we got there. This enabled us to relax with our guests the entire week and know that we didn't have to worry about anything.

Sent on 02/10/2020

Hi Lisa,

What a pleasure it was hosting you & Joe along with all of your family and friends for your wedding week at Playa Fiesta! We couldn’t be happier to read you had such a great experience. Thank you for sharing!

Teresinha Schmidt · Married on 11/01/2019

Amazing experience!

I had the pleasure of visiting Playa Fiesta last year and I absolutely fell in love with the place! The staff was very friendly and I must say the entire property was well maintained and immaculate. The rooms are spacious, clean and have beautiful décor. The property itself is literally just a few steps away from the ocean, which makes it extra special. I have been recommending Playa Fiesta since then and can’t wait to be back!

Sent on 10/22/2020

Hi Teresinha,

We were so happy to host you at Playa Fiesta and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

We look forward for your next visit!

• Kelley

Kelley · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing Wedding Week!

We got married 2 months ago today at Playa Fiesta and it could not have been a more amazing day / week!

Playa Fiesta is truly a luxury, one-of-a-kind wedding experience. I found Playa Fiesta while I was googling “private wedding resorts” as I thought I wanted to rent a villa for a small wedding, knowing we wanted all the guests staying in one place for the weekend, but also not loving the idea of an all-inclusive mega resort. We ended up having just 38 people for the weekend, and there would have been room for many more. Having our own resort for a week was beyond our wildest expectations. I am honestly still in shock that this place exists! We had a more luxurious and fun but reasonably priced wedding at Playa Fiesta than we could have had for a 1 day wedding back home in Southern California, and we were there for 8 days! Most of our guests were there for 4 days. The rooms are all unique and beautiful, the grounds of the hotel are immaculate, we cannot rave about it enough.

From the minute you arrive at Playa Fiesta (greeted as you pull up with a beverage of course!) you are treated like a member of a family and doted upon. Any need you could have is taken care of by the staff, who know your name and everyone else’s. Lindsay, Gabi, Danny, were an amazing team all week, constantly checking in to make sure everything was going well and that we were having a great time. The team of bartenders and wait staff (Charly, Richie, Luis, Pato, Chema, Santana to just name a few) know everyone’s names, drink orders, food preferences, etc and ensure you have a great time and that you drink your water too :)

We had guests who did not drink, guests with severe food allergies, etc. and everything was taken care of without a second thought. By the end of the week, our guests were already planning how to come back to Playa Fiesta for more weddings! We definitely had people in our group who were weary of traveling to Mexico, and most had never been to the Puerto Vallarta area, but now everyone can’t rave about it enough and can’t wait to come back.

2 months later everyone is still talking about how amazing the food and drinks were! Before the wedding week, we were most concerned about the guests getting tired of the same food, but wow, the food was truly SO GOOD. Everyone is still talking about the food, and the fun drinks that the bartenders would whip up for us based on our preferences. The spicy margs & richie’s breakfast special frozen boozy coffee were major hits. We scheduled our massage day, which is included for everyone with a very small fee, for the day after the wedding and it was amazing. It was a great way to relax the day after the wedding, when everyone was laying by the pool and recovering. The massages take place on the deck overlooking the ocean.

The wedding planning process in the ~6 months leading up to the wedding was a breeze, even from a country away. While I was not the most organized or helpful bride (I’ve never had a wedding “vision” and I had a hard time forcing myself to make decisions) Gabi and Lindsay could not have been more helpful, organized, and patient with me. They are there every step of the way and are constantly checking in via email (and phone if you prefer that) and making sure every detail is taken care of well ahead of time. They are truly wedding pros. I had been to the Puerto Vallarta area, but had never been to Playa Fiesta before finding the hotel on Trip Advisor and booking over the phone! One of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

We also loved our photographer, Yanen Ali, and our photos are beautiful. Lindsay & Gabi helped us rent a private boat through Ally Cat Sailing for one of the days and it was so fun and beautiful.

We scheduled all of our airport transportation for all guests through Superior Tours Vallarta and they handled everything so well and all transfers went smoothly, even though I was unorganized sending them flight information at the last minute for many guests. I highly recommend their services. They handled a big bus of people from one flight, and many transfers of just 2 people, both to and from the airport.

We can’t wait to go back to Playa Fiesta someday!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Kelsey · Married on 05/17/2019

Beyond my wildest dreams

I don't think I have enough kind words for how amazing Hotel Playa Fiesta makes you feel during your wedding week! They made each and every one of our guest feel like royalty. From making sure they always had a drink in their hand- not an easy task with our group- to making secret virgin drinks for a guest that was in the early stages of their pregnancy and hadn't announced it yet. From finding a way for everyone to watch the Game of Thrones finale and the Blazer vs Golden State playoff game to making a doctor's appointment for a guest when they got sick the staff goes above and beyond. We joked often that "we didn't pay enough for this" while we are there, and honestly we didn't. It was the most magical week that still gets talked about. "Take us back to Mexico" is often muttered when we get together!

I plan large corporate events & conferences for a living so I am no stranger to the planning process. Let me tell you Lindsay & Gabi are MASTERS at what they do. There are no hidden cost, clear deadlines on all items, easy to customize what you want and quick to communicate. We decided to have a destination wedding not only because we wanted a week with all the people that were important to us, but also because I didn't want to deal with endless wedding planning after planning ALL DAY at the office! Lindsay and Gabi made planning our wedding a breeze and a half!

Hand down Hotel Playa Fiesta is the best location for a destination wedding in Puerto Vallarta, one could argue all of Mexico, and no bride would be disappointing if they picked to have their special day! Just be sure to get the fire dancers!

Sent on 01/29/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Doll · Married on 04/26/2019

Intimate yet Customized Destination Experience

If you're looking for an intimate but personalized boutique Mexican wedding experience Playa Fiesta is your place. It was amazing to have all of our family and closest friends stay in one location. And it was very private. It was truly a vacation for everyone who came which is what we wanted. Gabi and Lindsay make the planning process so easy. I had limited to no contact with vendors, that was all prearranged and set up before hand. Planning from a far was easy with their organized checklists to keep me on track. Once arriving there I could actually enjoy our guests and didn't have to continue wedding planning. All of the staff was very friendly. Food was amazing and decorations too. They are a class act. We brought our young children too and were able to get a great babysitter through the hotel which was beyond helpful.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Carly

Carly O’Connor · Married on 03/29/2019

The most incredible destination wedding we could have dreamt of!

Wow! We got married at Playa Fiesta this March and everything from start to finish was an INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE for our destination wedding. Every time we run into friends and family, they tell us it was the best wedding they've ever been to, and that the whole week felt like the perfect relaxing tropical vacation. From the booking process with Adam, to then hand-off to Lindsay and Gabi - every part of the wedding process was pre-planned for success, but open to customization to make each day and tiny detail special and our own. We had never been to Hotel Playa Fiesta (or Puerto Vallarta!) until we showed up for the week of our wedding. Oddly enough, we weren't even nervous because of the detail, care, and responsiveness of Lindsay & Gabi throughout the entire planning process. I was probably the most high-maintenance bride they've had in a while, with my constant questions and needing to understand every line item, and Lindsay & Gabi didn't bat an eye. Upon arriving to the hotel, we were BLOWN AWAY by the venue. It is such a a gorgeous property, set right on the beach, with 2 pools, a hot tub, and a huge dining area in the shade that looks out at the pool. The rooms all huge, incredibly clean, and fit the needs of our guests. The view from our rooms were incredible... even the rooms that weren't an ocean view faced a cute garden area that reminded you that you're in a tropical destination. The food was AMAZING! I am a huge foodie, and I couldn't believe how good every single dish we ordered was... including the buffet breakfast, and wedding brunch, and all of our planned dinners for the wedding week and wedding night. Fresh squeezed juices? You bet! Skinny margaritas? You got it! The drinks were just as amazing as the food. Soooo good! The front desk was always there to answer any questions or requests, and cabs were readily available to head into town (Uber works down there, too!). As far as the staff goes, it was unlike any other staff we've ever had. From Charlie & Richard (our bartenders) knowing our drink orders better than we knew ourselves, to the wait staff knowing allergies... this was a five-star experience. They were so personable, accommodating, and on top of every minor detail, I can not stress it enough! Every day our guests hung out around the pool, got massages (yes, they offer a day with massages on-site)!, and enjoyed each other's company. Such a dream! We were lucky enough to have Lindsay (the owner of the hotel!) on-site when we were there, and got to experience her hospitality. Lindsay, you're truly one of a kind and made us feel incredibly special for our wedding week! I can not imagine a better wedding venue for our destination wedding, and I'm so grateful for Playa Fiesta and the memories we created.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Rachel · Married on 03/21/2019

Best Wedding Hotel

My husband and I had our wedding here March 22nd. We both can’t get over how wonderful our wedding week was at Playa Fiesta. Lindsay the owner and Gabi our wedding planner were awesome, there attention to detail was above and beyond. Danny was so attentive and a huge help throughout the week, and ALL of the staff and bartenders were top notch! They knew all of our guests names and made us feel like family there. The hotel itself is beautiful, from the rooms to the pool area, everything is gorgeous! The food!!! Every meal we had here was delicious, highly recommend tacos pastor, still thinking about those tacos!! From the moment we decided to go with Playa Fiesta, Lindsay, Adam, and Gabi made planning a breeze!! If you are looking for a destination venue and want something intimate with focus on attention to detail CHOOSE Playa Fiesta! We will definitely be making a reunion trip back!!!

Sent on 04/03/2019
  • Katie

Katie Werdick · Married on 03/01/2019

Incredible, intimate, perfect wedding

We were married at Playa Fiesta in early March 2019 (sight unseen on a recommendation) and it was a dream come true! All the reviews are true: the staff is excellent, the food is fabulous, the venue is spectacular, and the wedding planning process is a breeze. Gabi and Danny are professional, responsive, and so easy to work with over email; and when you meet them in person, they are unbelievably kind and accommodating. Throughout the wedding week and especially on the wedding day, they met our every need and added so many special touches to the day that helped us enjoy every second of getting ready, the ceremony, and the reception. The entire staff at Playa Fiesta is kind and cheerful and accommodating--we and our guests were blown away by the level of service and accommodations. Everyone knew our names within what seemed like minutes of our arrival, which made us feel very welcome, and the pool area, drinks, and food were so excellent that we and our guests hardly left the venue! I truly can’t say enough good things about our experience. Wedding planning was unbelievably easy as Gabi and Danny coordinated all the vendors, so we only had to make a few decisions based on a few very easy deadlines. All of the recommended vendors (DJ, hair/makeup team, florist, photographer) were professional and friendly and exceeded our highest expectations. The entire venue transformed beautifully for the ceremony, and it truly felt like a different space for the wedding ceremony and reception. Gabi and the staff also helped us and our guests to book transportation and excursions throughout the week, all of which happened smoothly.

We can’t thank Gabi, Danny, Lindsay, Adam, and their wonderful staff (Luis, Charly, Santana, Richie, everyone) enough for the most wonderful wedding week and wedding day. The experience of having a hotel filled with only your friends and family is truly incredible, and when the staff becomes an extension of your friends, you’ll be blown away by the love and support you feel at Playa Fiesta on your wedding day.

Sent on 03/28/2019
  • Dana

Dana Schleyer · Married on 01/23/2019

Best week of our lives

To say we were completely floored by Playa Fiesta is an absolute understatement. If you’re looking for a place to have your wedding, and it’s one of your options, stop looking.
    My now husband and I got married there just a few weeks ago, and I don’t think we could have ever picked a better place. We can’t stop talking about the amazing time we had, and neither can our friends and family. We started the planning process about a year in advance. We initially started talking with Lindsay and Adam and right away we knew we made the right choice. We were then introduced to Gabi, our main wedding coordinator, and she was a dream to work with. When I tell you these people think of EVERYTHING, I mean it!! There was not one detail that went unnoticed.
    By the time we arrived we already felt like family to the whole staff. We were greeted with the warmest and happiest of greetings and were made to feel special our entire stay. From the second we pulled up to the resort, to the time we were giving our goodbye hugs, the whole experience was magical.
    Which brings me to the wedding day itself. I’m a pretty “go with the flow” type person and not one to worry, but if I was, there would have been not one thing to worry about. There was nothing to stress over, because anything I could have imagined was being taken care of. From drinks and lunch being delivered to the room for my bridesmaids and I, to the wonderful makeup artist. I even think Nick (my husband) forgot his underwear in our room, and someone came and got it! Honestly, the whole day was a breeze! Our vision for our wedding was surpassed more than we could have ever imagine. The flowers, the decor, the dance floor!! The DJ, our photographer and videographer! They really know what they are doing!! We have NEVER smiled so big, my cheeks were physically hurting at the end of the night. I could honestly go on and on about how wonderful this experience was and how fantastic the ENTIRE staff is, but there’s probably a limit on how much you can write in here. What Playa Fiesta is doing is really something very special. I truly wish that every bride feels as amazing on their wedding day as I did, and every couples cheeks hurt from smiling as much as ours did. Can’t thank them enough!

Sent on 02/06/2019
  • amycerny

Amy · Married on 11/23/2018

Wedding Week Perfection!

My husband & I were married at Hotel Playa Fiesta 10 weeks ago, over Thanksgiving weekend. It's taken me this long to finally be able to put into words what an INCREDIBLE experience we had at Hotel Playa Fiesta. I am someone who has very high expectations & researches things to a fault. That being said, every interaction we had with Hotel Playa Fiesta exceeded our expectations. Gabi, Danny & Lindsay made the wedding planning process SO easy! It was like a dream. They were always available to answer questions & give suggestions. They thought of every possible detail to make our stay& wedding day perfect. Trust me when I say that your guests will notice the amount of thought put into everything at the resort. Your guests will likely have as wonderful of an experience as the bride & groom, if not better! Some highlights include: the beauty of the property, staff who feels like family by the end of the trip (they will know everyone by name & their favorite drink by the end of the first day!), service better than any 5-star resort & amazing gourmet food! The massage day was also a huge hit! This was not just a memorable week because we were married there. I speak on behalf of my husband & our 50 guests when I tell you that this will be one of the best vacation experiences of your life. Combine that with getting to celebrate your love for one another with an AMAZING wedding night & you'll find pure perfection! A special THANK YOU to the amazing staff at Hotel Playa Fiesta: Chema, Pancho, Pato, Charly, Richie, Loredo, Santana, Gabi, Danny, Roxy, Jesus, Octavio & Gris! We hope to see you all again very soon!

Sent on 02/12/2019
  • Jordan

Jordan Walstrom · Married on 11/16/2018

A Dream Come True

My husband and I got married at Playa Fiesta in November 2018 and it was the best week of our lives! We knew this private, intimate venue was our dream wedding destination when we shared in on my brother-in-law’s wedding. From the moment we stepped into the hotel for the first time, we fell in love. The rooms are gorgeous and are all unique in their own way. Words cannot express a place and staff that make you feel so welcome from the very beginning. From the breathtaking views, the amazing owners (Adam & Lindsay), and staff who are kind and accommodating, we left that week knowing we found the wedding of our dreams.
    We were ecstatic for our family & friends to have this same experience so we decided to book our wedding week with Adam & Lindsay, who are two amazing people. We chose Lindsay as our main coordinator, and she was a dream come true! You will not meet a sweeter person that goes above and beyond to ensure your dreams become reality. I have never met someone so efficient, organized, and detail oriented that made the ease of planning a wedding from a distance a breeze. Her response time to email is impeccable, and she made the entire wedding experience perfect! During the wedding week, Gabi and Danny also made sure everything exceeded our expectations. They work like clockwork and genuinely care about your happiness. Their ability to connect so naturally with all of our guests did not go unnoticed. They were accommodating and attentive to our guests every need. Every last detail was taken care of by them, allowing us to enjoy the company of our friends and family.
    The wedding staff at Playa Fiesta became family! The bartenders, Charlie & Pato, and the rest of the staff provided top-notch service and catered to every guest day in and day out. They make a genuine effort to know each and every one of your guests’ names, their drink preferences, and any food allergies. Their hospitality is truly one of a kind, and they brought so much positive energy to our wedding week. In such a short week, our family and friends grew so closely to these special people!
    During the week, our friends and family enjoyed lounging by the pool, sipping on delicious drinks, getting massages, and playing pool volleyball and cornhole, while being surrounded by the ocean and beautiful mountains. The experience of having a hotel filled with only your closest family and friends is something that is incredibly special.
    Our wedding day was a dream. The entire venue transformed beautifully for the ceremony, as Lindsay and her team made sure every single detail was flawless. Lindsay and her team coordinated with all of the vendors and exceeded all of our expectations. From the florist, to the DJ, hair and makeup stylists, photographer, videographer, and minister- every single person went above and beyond to help us achieve our dreams. The chef at Playa Fiesta was incredible and made sure our wedding meal was well prepared, in addition to all food throughout the week. I am still dreaming of their delicious guacamole and pesto chicken salad. The wedding day went smoothly and made me feel like a princess! On the day of our wedding, my bridal party had a blast getting ready which entailed Lindsay coordinating delivery of lunch and champagne to deter us from any interruptions. Another highlight from the day was a beautiful firework display that we kept as a surprise for our guests. It was a special moment for my husband and I to share on our wedding day.
    We cannot thank Lindsay & Adam, Gabi, Danny, and their wonderful staff for the most amazing wedding week and wedding day! Each of them will forever hold a special place in our hearts. We cannot wait to return to Playa Fiesta to relive the beautiful memories, as well as create new ones.

Sent on 09/25/2019

Gabby · Married on 11/02/2018

Perfect Destination Wedding Venue

My husband and I got married at Hotel Playa Fiesta this past November 2018 and we couldn't have had a better experience! We did some research and booked our wedding at Playa Fiesta without visiting the hotel first. From our first contact with them, everything went extremely smooth, planning was a breeze and completely stress free. Gabi and Danny were so responsive to all our planning and reservation questions. The planning team made us feel like their only couple and were so accommodating. Lindsay and her team have everything down to science and seriously know what they are doing. You won’t have to worry about anything once you arrive. They did so many things behind the scenes and made sure the wedding was perfect. We were truly in awe of how amazing the entire week and wedding were.
    The property is even more beautiful in person. Everything is immaculate and anything you need is there. The pools, sun deck, bar and ocean views are amazing. Pool volleyball was a hit with our group the entire week, however if that’s not your thing, the upper pool is great for relaxing.
    The food was fantastic the entire time, from the breakfast buffets to our reception dinner. However, what really put Hotel Playa Fiesta apart is the level of service they provide. Us and all of our guests were blown away by the warm welcomes and attention to detail. The entire staff is so friendly and helpful, they will all know you by name and make sure your drink is never empty. They make you feel at home from the moment you arrive. Our guests are still commenting on how much they were surprised by and appreciated the hospitality. You don’t need to leave, but some our guests wanted to experience town as well. The staff eagerly coordinated transportation into town, provided amazing recommendations for restaurants and excursions, and made sure to get us reservations.
    I could go on and on about Playa Fiesta, but I will say that if you are looking for a perfect destination wedding, this is the place! By the time the week was over, no one wanted to leave, in fact most everyone was trying to figure out when we could come back next. We will absolutely be back to Playa Fiesta as soon as we can! Thank you Lindsay, Gabi, and Danny (and the rest of the hotel staff) for making our wedding week the best week of our lives!
    Gabby and Jared

Sent on 12/09/2018

Sherrie · Married on 06/08/2018

TLDR – If they have the availability, BOOK IT. You won't be sorry. Bang for buck you can't get a better value.

My wedding at Playa Fiesta was everything I could hope for and more! The beauty of Playa Fiesta is that you get an exclusive and private event experience. Because everyone on the property is there for your wedding, it breaks down any walls. Your guests get to know each other and spend the whole weekend together. I loved how new connections and memories were made.

Gabi was my coordinator and she was helpful and attentive during the planning process and anticipated all our needs once we got on site. Gabi and Daniel made the everything so easy!

Food – Everyone enjoyed our hosted dinners (we chose Fajita Fiesta and Cubano for our dinners) and the daily breakfasts and day after wedding brunch was great. Our servers were on top of everything and had a drink ready for you as soon as one was done. Ulysses and Charley were amazing bartenders and could make anything you asked for. We chose to do National bar and it more than met our needs.

Entertainment – We chose fire dancers, poker tournament, and the pool volleyball setup. All of them were a hit with our guest. Everyone had a chance to relax or participate and there was just the right mix of both.

Ceremony – Day of the wedding the staff transformed the property for us. It was beautiful. I couldn't ask for anything more. We had our wedding at the start of the rainy season (mid-June) and while hot and humid it was bearable. There was a threat of rain every day and it usually rained late at night. We were lucky and the rain held until after our ceremony, dinner, and fireworks (definitely worth getting BTW). When it did finally rain, it was a welcome break from the heat and humidity and we ended up all dancing in the rain until the DJ set ended at 1 am.

Accommodations – All of the rooms were clean, well appointed and had their own powerful AC units. All of our guests were thrilled with their rooms.

Sent on 06/12/2018
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/18/2018

If you are considering a destination wedding, you will not regret choosing Hotel Playa Fiesta. We did a full hotel takeover for our wedding a month ago, and it was the best decision we could have made. The setting is absolutely perfect and the photos don’t do it justice. The hotel is the perfect size- big enough to accommodate a large wedding (we had over 100), yet small enough to still feel intimate. Each room is unique and well maintained with beautiful ocean views. And the food and drinks were DELICIOUS!! Our guests had three dinners there (in addition to breakfast and lunch daily) and never got tired of the food- the menu offers a wide variety of gourmet cuisine.

Lindsay and Adam were such a joy to work with. Lindsay was our wedding coordinator and her along with her wonderful team of Gabi and Danny spared no detail. We began planning months in advance and despite never actually visiting the hotel beforehand, we had the smoothest wedding planning experience of anyone I’ve spoken with. Lindsay and Adam’s communication is impeccable, with frequent emails and answers to every question you could possibly have. The hotel is run so smoothly with the most kind, considerate, and fun staff. Bar tenders and waiters not only knew everyone’s name by the second day, but also had drink orders memorized! Charlie, Pato, Juan, Ulysses, and the rest of the staff truly felt like family by the end of our week-long stay.

Thank you to Lindsay, Adam, and the Hotel Playa Fiesta staff for giving us the wedding of our dreams in the most magical place. We can’t wait to come back for vacations in the future!

Sent on 06/24/2018