Hotel Northampton Reviews

94 | Northampton, MA

94 Reviews for Hotel Northampton

Brianne Ebel, Leah Maio, and the Banquet Manager George were excellent to work with, and were on top of every detail.

Also were willing to repsond to unusual request and terms.

I highly recommend this team to help oyu through this process.

They were great!

Also the venue is just unbeatable. The bartenders were warm and friendly. The Hotel staff was great!

Walked right out into the streets of northampton before and after the wedding.

Folks honking and wishing us well!

Just the best time ever!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Rachel · Married on 07/06/2013

Having our wedding reception at Hotel Northampton was one of the best decisions we made when planning the wedding. The staff that we worked with were incredibly nice, receptive, professional and excited to help us plan our big day and make it special. They thought of all the details, and took care of so many things that we would have never thought of or been able to manage on our own. The venue itself was gorgeous, and the food and drinks were amazing. I can't say enough good things about Hotel Northampton and the experience we had there. I highly recommend it a a venue for a reception.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Brianne was absolutely amazing as our wedding coordinator. We had the perfect wedding at Hotel Northampton. Brianne was professional, incredibly responsive, and willing to work with us on the smallest of details.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Pamela · Married on 05/26/2013

We had our wedding reception at the Hotel Northampton, and we could not have been happier with the entire process. Brianne, the hotel's wedding coodinator, was courteous, professional, knowledgeable, and incredibly supportive during the planning process and was a pleasure to work with. On the day of both my husband and I were so impressed with how gorgeous the ballroom looked and how it not only met but exceeded our wishes. The staff was professional and attentive to both us and our guests, and many people commented on the quality of the venue, the food, and the overall experience. Everyone had a great time, which was the overall goal for the day, so it was a home run!

The morning after the wedding we also held a brunch at Wiggins Tavern, which was the cherry on top of a beautiful weekend. The staff there provided a delicious brunch for our family and friends and were so welcoming and attentive.

We could not have been happier with our wedding, and would highly recommend anyone in the area to have their wedding at the Hotel Northampton.

Sent on 06/12/2013

The Hotel Northampton is a beautiful venue with excellent service, food, and hospitality. The wedding event planner gave excellent support throughout the planning process and was always available for answering questions. The convenience of having out of town guests stay overnight in the hotel after the reception was wonderful.

Sent on 06/14/2013

Kara · Married on 04/06/2013

The Hotel Northampton was a great place to have our wedding!! The food was great and the staff was wonderful as well. We were very happy with how everything turned out for our wedding.

Sent on 06/12/2013

Shelley · Married on 12/08/2012

This facility and ENTIRE staff was wonderful. Couldn't have asked for a better night.

Sent on 12/17/2012

Shelley · Married on 12/08/2012

AMAZING STAFF! WONDERFUL NIGHT

Sent on 12/17/2012

Sarah · Married on 12/01/2012

I had never been to Hotel Northampton and had my heart set on a summer wedding but once I walked into the hotel and met Brianne, the wedding planner I was sold. I told her that I loved Christmas and she took the time to walk me through this beautiful historic hotel and explained to me what the hotel would look like and she was right on. The hotel was decorated beautifully. Brianne was very honest, respectful and accommodating. The lobby, ballroom, and Wiggins tavern were very festive and perfect for pictures. Brianne was only an email or phone call away if I ever had a question and always had the answers and calmed me down. She was the perfect wedding planner.

After our wedding we had drinks at Wiggins Tavern that had burning fireplaces and a comfortable, cozy feel. The following morning, we had a delicious brunch with our guests again at Wiggins Tavern.

I received so many compliments on the venue, the services and the food. My dear friend, who is a professional wedding planner in New York City, gave the wedding an A+. Thank you for making our day everything we imagined and it was absolutely amazing. We highly recommend Hotel Northampton.

Sent on 12/04/2012

Vanessa · Married on 11/17/2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Hotel Northampton! The venue is absolutely beautiful and they will do anything to make your special day even that much more memorable for you. From the check-in staff to the wedding coordinators to the wait staff, everyone is extremely friendly and accommodating. Our wedding coordinator, Brianne, was always willing to help or just listen to any questions I had about the Hotel or anything in the wedding for that matter. She was always available and extremely helpful. Always a pleasure to talk to. Our wedding would not have been what it was without her. I would recommend Hotel Northampton to anyone and everyone for their incredible service and beautiful atmosphere!!

Sent on 12/27/2012

As an out of town bride, the venue choice was simple for me once I found out all the customizable options that Hotel Northampton provides. We used a pre-designed wedding package that the Hotel offers, but were able to customize everything to fit our desires. Besides the fact that their wedding packages option is very preferable for an out-of-town bride like myself, their event coordinator Brianne became not only a source of valuable information and honest advice, but also became a friend! She gave honest opinions on specific vendors that I was researching, and helped me make informed decisions based on my personal preferences. She never imposed her personal preferences on my decisions, just provided the necessary information for me to make the decision on my own. I asked her about everything from what prior brides thought of certain DJ's to what she thought of my color scheme and setup for each guest table. She helped me every step of the way and made sure I was on track and not running behind on anything. At our wedding, she made sure everything ran smoothly, that everyone was where they needed to be when they needed to be there, and checked in with my husband and I several times throughout the night to make sure everything was going as planned. The Hotel itself was a beautiful location for photos and the reception, and we received several compliments from our guests on how much they loved our venue! The service was top notch and it was clear that everyone working there was very experienced in weddings and making sure that the bride and groom are happy. I don't have a single bad word to say about the Hotel, their event coordinator Brianne, the rest of our vendors, the food, the location - anything! It's awesome to still have people tell us how much fun they had at our wedding and how beautiful it was, over 3 weeks after the date! Thank you Hotel Northampton for a perfect wedding!!

Sent on 12/04/2012

Loved the look of the hotel and the staff is very professional. Also alot of things come with the package the hotel provided. The food was so good and they have so many choices.

Sent on 11/10/2012

From the moment we first visited Hotel Northampton, we knew it was one of the top runners for where we wanted to have our wedding. The historic hotel is well-maintained, the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, and the beautiful lobby and ballroom was perfect for our early November wedding. What sold us was the wedding coordinator, Brianne Ebel. Brianne is personable, honest, open-minded and accommodated our budget-friendly plan at that first meeting, every meeting leading up to our wedding, and throughout the actual event (no random fees added that weren't discussed first like other places tried to do to us!). She is only an email away and always had good, honest advice as I was planning. We instantly felt comfortable and had complete trust in her - she was the perfect person to help us plan our big day!

A couple things we loved most about the Hotel is the different feel you get in different parts of the venue - we had our rehearsal dinner in Wiggins Tavern on the first floor of the Hotel - it has an old colonial feel with a fireplace and delicious comfort food while the ballroom is elegant with an intimate feel. The second thing we loved about the Hotel is the location. Most of our guests were from out of town and stayed at the Hotel so all they had to do was park their car Friday evening and all the weekend's events were in walking distance. We got married at First Churches which is right around the corner from the Hotel, had a welcome party at a bar in town, and everything else was based out of the Hotel including a Farewell Brunch the morning after the wedding. Not to mention all the great restaurants and things to do in town that our guests definitely appreciated having close by. Lastly, the food was delicious - there are tons of options and the speciality drinks were a hit!

I can't say enough good things about our wedding at Hotel Northampton. Thank you for making our day everything we wanted it to be and more!

Sent on 11/19/2012

My husband and I were extremely happy with our choice of Hotel Northampton for our wedding reception. They were able to accommodate anything we asked for and the food and service was fantastic. We also enjoyed working with the wedding planner Brianne. She was very helpful with everything we needed and kept us on track with everything we needed to do. All of our guests had nothing but great things to say about our reception at the Hotel.

Jennifer · Married on 08/17/2012

Hotel Northampton was an absolute gorgeous venue. No matter your style wedding they can accommodate to make your dreams come true!! There wedding planner is absolutely amazing!!! Hotel Northampton is a must see venue and a top pick choice for your wedding.

Amy · Married on 08/11/2012

My husband, Jeff, and I were married at Hotel Northampton this past August. Our experience from beginning to end was absolutely phenomenal. Our wedding coordinator, Brianne, was amazing. She didn't miss a beat. She had a great personality and worked with us carefully to make sure we had everything we wanted for our special day. She was extremely accommodating. During our first visit at Hotel Northampton we were able to meet Brianne and look at the venue, as well as go through all the options available for the level package we wanted. It was a thorough and informative meeting in which we were not forced into any decisions and didn't feel compelled to sign a contract on the spot. Honestly the venue and package options spoke for themselves. It was an easy decision for us to choose Hotel Northampton for our reception venue. Once we did sign our contract, Brianne made the whole process of coordinating everything very easy. We had checklists to go through to make sure we had everything planned at the proper time. Brianne was also able to offer advice about other vendors we were looking into. She has a lot of knowledge about everything in the "wedding world." As our date got closer and we had to look into menu options we were invited to a tasting to sample foods that were available. Butlers walked around with hor dourves (another service they offer during your cocktail hour). Once we sat at our table we had a five course meal, in which we tried multiple options for appetizers, salads, main courses, and wedding cakes. Brianne was a wonderful hostess at this event. She continued to check in with each couple for feedback. We were not impressed with the chicken option we were given, so Brianne set up a private tasting for the two of us at a later date to try more options. She worked hard to make sure we had an ice cream cake, and when slideshow for the lobby didn't work she created a new one to play, so there was not one glitch! Our wedding at Hotel Northampton was fabulous!!

Sent on 12/29/2012

Elaine · Married on 05/19/2012

My husband and I had the most amazing wedding! Hotel Northampton made our day absolutely PERFECT! From the decor, the staff, the food, the drinks, everything was amazing. So glad that we chose Hotel Northampton as the setting for our big day!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Jessica · Married on 04/15/2012

I love this place! My husband and I got married here last month. Our ceremony was downstairs and our reception was in the grand ballroom. Everything was perfect. I felt so comfortable working with Brianne, who helped me make decisions and made sure everything went as planned! The venue itself is beautiful and we had so many compliments on the food. The hotel offers many food options. I thought it was very reasonably priced ( we were married on a Sunday) and centerpieces, cake, and champagne toast were included. The hotel Northampton is a wonderful venue for a wedding!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Mary · Married on 12/31/2011

Our experience of planning our wedding for New Year’s Eve at Hotel Northampton was exceptional. The hotel was gorgeous first of all! Our first contact with Hotel Northampton was with Brianne Ebel, our wedding planner. We wanted to have our wedding on New Year’s eve but planning an event like that in a 6 month time frame was difficult and Brianne made it happen, and so much easier as well! She was just awesome. She was punctual at our meetings, very well educated in the sequencing and organizing from the little specific details to the bigger tasks. She was great with responding via email with any and all our little requests/questions up to the last day. She personally made sure everything was set-up just right for the ceremony and the reception. And everything turned out just perfect for our wedding!!! It was the best experience and we are so appreciative of all her hard work!

We have great memories of our wedding. The ceremony and banquet hall were gorgeous. She did an awesome job and we really appreciate it!!! Hearing from our guests and our parents, everyone was really impressed by the appearance of the ceremony room and the reception hall, as well as the wait staff at their quickness with the food and the attentiveness as well! Brianne cordinated very well with our DJ (Tony Simmons) and photographer (Brian Sullivan Photography) and everything felt like it went so smoothly!!! We can’t thank her enough!!! It was a pleasure working with Brianne, and we would definetely both recommend her and Hotel Northampton for a wonderful wedding ceremony and reception experience!!! Sincerely, Mary & Jay :)

Sent on 01/27/2012

Rachel · Married on 12/03/2011

My husband and I were married last December and our guests are still talking about the event! The night has made many great memories not only for us but for our guests as well. Working with the Hotel and Brianne was one of the best joys while planning our wedding, every question and concern was answered immediately and with genuine care! The Hotel made a great venue, not having something like this any where else in the area gave our guests that outstanding and memorable experience. Brianne, the event planner at The Hotel was absolutely wonderful. I feel as tho I was working with a life long friend, and that really is what makes the experience so wonderful. She truly made my wedding vision come true!!! The vendors they suggested were great, with their expert options I chose some wonderful people to work with and got outstanding results. I would highly recommend The Hotel for your wedding experience! Memories will be created that you will cherish forever!!!

Sent on 01/02/2013

Marianne · Married on 11/12/2011

I had no idea what i was doing and was all over the place and Bri really helped me get organized and not feel overwelmed. The food is AMAZING and they really are there for you. The best part about the hotel northampton is that you are the only bride there and you do not share your venue with anyone. It's all about you. I could have not picked a better place.

Sent on 01/16/2012

Julie · Married on 07/07/2007

The Hotel Northampton was amazing. We used their main banquet hall for our reception. The hall itself is beautiful. We worked with Holly. She was our wedding coordinator supplied by the hotel. She was easy to communicate with and always available. The staff during the reception was wonderful. A year later my family members can still remember the name of their waiter and talk about such a good time they had. I couldn't have asked for better service. After our reception ended, our family didn't want the party to end, so the hotel management offered up the smaller banquet room so that they could continue the party there, laid back with some drinks and guitars. It was great. I'd recommend The Hotel Northampton to anyone. They even coordinated our flowers and cake and decorated the banquet hall according to our plan. I can't forget the food either. We had a baked tomato stuffed with cheddar and spinich followed by filet mignon, chicken rossini or a vegetarian option. Sides were garlic mashed and seasonal veg.

Sent on 07/27/2008

Chantel · Married on 06/10/2017

We booked hotel blocks for our wedding at the Hotel Northampton. The rooms were lovely (the balconies are stunning!), the beds were comfy, and our guests had a great stay. The front desk made sure everyone got their welcome bag. We also had an afterparty in the private room at Wiggins Tavern downstairs. Our guests had a great time overall (and my sister raves about the room service). Thanks Hilary for setting up such a wonderful stay!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Allison · Married on 05/29/2016

The Hotel Northampton worked really hard to make sure our wedding was everything we wanted it to be! We had our cocktail hour and reception here, and both events were amazing (I wasn't actually at the cocktail hour, but heard great things from our guests). I am a perfectionist, and Kelly and Ruby worked closely with me (and graciously accepted my ridiculously long checklists) in order to make sure everything ran smoothly and was set up exactly how I wanted. Everything came together absolutely beautifully. The food was amazing - when we started planning our wedding I was really worried about this, since cooking for a huge crowd can be a challenge, but their chef and kitchen team did an amazing job. The waitstaff was friendly and professional, and our server made sure we were taken care of all evening long. The bartenders were a lot of fun - I spent some time chatting with one of them, and he was great - very friendly and funny. The manager who was helping us at our send-off breakfast was also wonderful. We've had non-stop compliments from our friends and family about how much they enjoyed the wedding, how wonderful the food was, and how much they loved the Hotel. The Hotel itself is beautiful and very elegant. The ballroom is such a lovely room, and didn't need any decoration to look perfect. The Atrium is such a special space that the Hotel has - it's absolutely beautiful with all the plants, and it makes for a nice escape for people who need to step away from the music and the party for a few minutes. Plus, Northampton is a great town with a lot of fun restaurants and activities, for guests who want to make a weekend of the wedding. I'm so glad that we chose the Hotel Northampton for our venue, everything was perfect, we had an amazing time, and we have so many happy memories that we will treasure forever.

Sent on 06/28/2016
  • Kate and Taylor

Kate · Married on 10/11/2014

We had a wonderful experience having our reception at the Hotel Northampton! Brianne, the event planner, was responsive, professional, understanding, calm, and reassuring - truly everything you would want in a wedding reception planner and more! She incorporated all of my little requests and personal details without hesitation. She even took charge of tying up the bustle of my dress before my reception started when my bridesmaid struggled. She really goes above and beyond and makes you feel like the only bride she has (even though that's definitely not the case). The one thing I found a little difficult to at first navigate was the room blocking process, but everything ended up working out in the end. One of the best compliments I received after my wedding was that it was "very classy but not over-the-top" and many people complemented that it was the most fun wedding they have ever been to. Thanks Hotel Northampton!

Sent on 04/29/2015