Hotel Northampton Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Danielle
    Danielle G. Married on 02/11/2022

Exceptional Venue!

The Hotel Northampton and Ruby Meng are an amazing team. They made the wedding process for us so seamless even with a postponement for the pandemic which was no easy task. Working with Ruby gave us such confidence for our big day. Ruby was always available to keep us updated or answer any questions. We had several meetings throughout the two year process and she was always honest with us as she helped us navigate what to do. She also gave great honest advice when it came to planning the final details. Coming from someone who knew everything the Hotel Northampton had to offer best, it was so helpful.

The Hotel Northampton was also very accommodating to anything we asked. Ruby always took the time to look into it and never let us down as she figured out how to incorporate everything.

This seamless process continued right to the big day. From handling all our decorations and welcome bags to putting on the perfect evening for our guests, their service is unmatched. Their wedding packages have so much to offer that many venues will itemize but here they have a level of service they want to deliver and it ensures an absolutely elegant evening. All our guests were so impressed which was so exciting to hear.

Behind the scenes was no different, Ruby had everything going so perfectly there was no stress for us. We got to enjoy every moment of our wedding which was so appreciated. Ruby was truly amazing to work with.

We highly recommend Hotel Northampton!
  • Sav
    Savannah H. Married on 11/13/2021

Wonderful!

Ruby and everyone at Hotel Northampton truly made our wedding perfect. They were so easy to communicate with, always responsive when I had questions or concerns, and kept me updated the entire way. Planning a wedding during a pandemic was a challenge. But Ruby and the rest of the people at Hotel Northampton made us so much easier! I can’t thank them enough.
    Nicole P. Married on 10/23/2021

Amazing Experience

Ruby was exceptional in every single way. She made the process so seamless for my husband and I. I was searching for a relatively inclusive venue and the Hotel was just that. Ruby made sure everything was perfect leading up to our day and that everything went perfect on our day. I would do my wedding all over again at Hotel Northampton.
  • Denise
    Denise L. Married on 10/10/2021

Beautiful and Organized

The hotel Northampton was a beautiful place to host our ceremony and reception! The event coordinator was very helpful and made sure our day ran smoothly. Thank you so much!
    Bernita K. Married on 09/18/2021

Hotel NH & Ruby Meng

This venue was truly amazing ! Our wedding was 9/18/2021! Ruby Meng the hotel event coordinator was very professional, flexible and always available for us and our wedding party ! Everyone that attended bragged about how beautiful everything was !!!! Perfect place to get married or just have an event !!!
  • Miki & Tim Crimmins
    Miki Married on 07/17/2021

Magical wedding at The Hotel Northampton!

Big shout out to the Marketing Director Ruby Meng! Ruby was with us every step of the way since day one, always with prompt communication. We never received "no" as an answer going through the planning of our wedding. Ruby was so flexible and helpful with our program schedule, menu selection, collaborating with the rest of the vendors, organizing our rehearsal dinner, and accommodating our guests at the hotel. She also gave us great recommendations for additional services that happen during a wedding day. All of our guests complimented the reception, the staff, and the food service! My husband and I are so happy that we celebrated our special day at The Hotel Northampton and we highly recommend it - great value! Once again, thank you, Ruby, and your team, for making our wedding so memorable!
    Andrea C. Married on 06/12/2021

Could Not Have Been More Perfect!

My now husband and I could not be more grateful for the entire team at The Hotel Northampton! We got married on June 12th, 2021. Ruby was phenomenal during the whole experience, especially since we were planning the whole thing from Greenville, SC. And during COVID. She chatted with us via Zoom and nailed everything down, even last minute shipping and requests for a different colored linen. Ruby also framed a picture of our dog that was sent from her boarding hotel so we could have our "little girl" be apart of the wedding. Ruby helped me find so many amazing vendors from the DJ to the killer photographer. The day was perfect even when we decided to move in the ceremony inside. Thank you again Ruby and the entire team! Also, the server Cara was hilarious and waited on me and us all weekend.

All our best,
    Andrea & Stephen Royko
  • Samantha
    Samantha B. Married on 06/05/2021

Absolutely Magical Experience

Hotel Northampton made our wedding day perfect beyond words can describe. Between how the day flowed, the tables, decorations, food, cake, and just the overall professionalism with the staff. The hotel made us special accommodations with an important family member who had server diet restrictions and it was so late minute. Ruby Meng and her staff made sure our guest was comfortable and the food she ate fit with her needs. We had a small intimate wedding, around 39 guests, and I have to say picking the grand ball room was the best decision ever. It was so beautiful, magical, and romantic. Our honeymoon suite was gorgeous and just a lovely way to wake up to after you married your best friend. I highly recommend anyone to work with this venue; it’s just an incredible experience. We will for sure be back for special occasions. Thank you again to the staff and the hotel for the most wonderful experience!
  • Maria
    Maria F. Married on 03/04/2021

Excellent all around

The venue is absolutely beautiful and well kept. The staff is AMAZING. During the planning, we worked with Lorraine. She was very responsive and clear and made the whole process very easy. The food was delicious, our guest were very impressed by it. I highly recommend choosing Hotel Northampton for any event specially weddings
    Brittany M. Married on 10/10/2020

Dream Wedding

Having our wedding at the Hotel Northampton was the best decision we could've made! Ruby and her team made everything so easy and stress-free. Ruby is extremely organized, professional, personal and overall amazing to work with. Our wedding day was an absolute dream!
  • Kara
    Kara A. Married on 12/31/2018

Best wedding ever!

Everything about our wedding reception at Hotel Northampton was perfect! Lorraine was so helpful every step of the way. The entire staff was welcoming and kind, and I can't say enough good things about the service. The food was excellent, we even had some guests tell us it was the best wedding food they have ever had! It was worth every penny, and I am so so happy we chose Hotel Northampton!
    Renee H. Married on 11/10/2018

Hotel Northampton made my wedding dreams come true!

My wedding planner Lorraine was such a huge help to me through the whole wedding process. I used some recommended vendors and some of my own and everything went perfectly. On the day of my wedding Lorraine really took control of everything and made sure everything went perfectly. And it did! I had the most BEAUTIFUL wedding reception I have ever seen. The food was amazing, and everyone loved the open bar (of course!). And following the reception, we all went to the tavern also in the hotel to have one last drink. All I can say is that if you get married here, you will not be disappointed!

Hotel Northampton's reply:

Hi Renee and Chris;

Happy Anniversary! It was a delight to work with you both. Have you had any snow yet his year?
    Thank you for sharing your great review.

Kind regards,

Lorraine St. Onge
    Social Sales Catering Manager
    Michelle Married on 06/30/2018
    My son Just had his wedding at the Hotel Northampton. Ruby and Lorraine could not have been more attentive and professional. They truly went above and beyond getting everything ready for the ceremony which took place right outside in the little park. Everything went smoothly from the ceremony to the reception. It was a beautiful and memorable event! Thanks to all of the staff!
    Katie J. Married on 04/07/2018
    PERFECT! I could go on and on about every detail but perfect sums up our wedding weekend at The Hotel Northampton. From Lorraine's responsiveness and attention to detail, to guest accommodations, to quality of food and service, we couldn't be happier. It truly was the best night ever and knowing that we did not have to worry about a thing made it so much more enjoyable for us. We continue to receive calls and texts from guests about how it was the best wedding they've ever been to. We will absolutely be back for our one year anniversary and will continue to recommend this venue to anyone who will listen! Thank you Lorraine for helping us plan the perfect day!
    Katie & Joe Giguere
    Kristyna Married on 09/16/2017
    Our wedding day was perfect! Lorraine and Ruby made sure that everything was running smoothly, and were so responsive leading up to the wedding and on handling everything the day of. We received nothing but compliments from our guests on the hotel--from the food at the reception to their accommodations during the weekend.
    Renee Married on 08/26/2017
    We can't say enough great things about our experience with Hotel Northampton! We had our rehearsal dinner and a welcome reception the night before our wedding at Wiggins Tavern, and our wedding ceremony and reception in the Grand Ballroom. Ruby and Lorraine were incredible throughout the entire process! Working through the planning process was incredibly easy and organized. They were both so responsive, and worked with us on some of our more creative requests. As the weekend got closer we dropped everything off with them, gave them very little direction, and everything was perfect - exactly as we wanted! They were there all day to help us and to help point our vendors in the right direction. They organized our ceremony processional and our introduction into the reception, and they checked in with us regularly throughout the day to make sure we were happy with how the day was progessing. I would highly recommend that any couple booking with HN utilize a guaranteed room block to make sure you get all of the rooms at the hotel that you and your guests will need. Otherwise they will only hold 10 rooms at a time, and the hotel will book up! There were other weddings with blocks at the hotel the same night as ours, making it difficult for our guests to book as the wedding got closer. That said, our wedding day was perfect and the credit belongs in large part to Ruby & Lorraine!
  • Claire
    Claire Married on 07/28/2017
    I got married in July 2017 at the Hotel Northampton and my husband and I would highly recommend it without reservation. Several aspects of the venue attracted us to it, as it truly is an all-around amazing venue to have a reception.

Honestly, the first thing that mattered was the people. Ruby and Lorraine made planning and executing our wedding a breeze. They were incredibly accommodating and upfront about everything. There were no surprises and both of our families were thrilled with the help they received and the process.

One of the other things that made us choose the Hotel Northampton is the incredible ballroom. It's truly breathtaking. The ballroom is incredibly romantic and classic--exactly what we were looking for.

One of the things my guests most raved about was the food--it was delicious! We honestly were surprised with how amazing the food was and the size of the portions. We had the baked Brie as an app, which was a huge hit, and upgraded to the prime rib as an option for dinner! I would strongly suggest both of these options.

Both of the vendors that came as a part of the package (another HUGE plus) were incredible. Durocher's flowers and Greggory's bakery were completely outstanding. Again, Ruby and Lorraine had excellent communication with both vendors so we didn't have to worry about a thing.

Thank you to the Hotel Northampton and the entire staff for making our wedding day such a beautiful celebration.
    Kathleen Married on 07/28/2017
    Our daughter & son-in-law’s wedding reception in July 2017 was absolutely perfect. Ruby & Lorraine were attentive to every detail and offered many valuable suggestions. The food & service were exceptional. We could not have been more pleased. Our guests were thrilled with their accommodations & are looking forward to a return visit to the hotel & Northampton. Kudos to the entire staff.
    Nita Married on 04/22/2017
    We recently had our ceremony & reception there april 2017! Everything about the planning from beginning to end was great.

From planning, vendors, details, & hotel arrangements Ruby & lorraine were great to work with.

We brought our wedding things over the day before the wedding to do our rehearsal. Ruby & lorraine made sure every single detail was in place according to our request. I did not have to worry about one thing because they knew exactly what they were doing! We surely enjoyed the day and had zero hiccups. The timeline flowed perfectly throughout the day and they made sure our DAY really WAS OUR DAY!

Little things like making sure my moms memorial was in the right place to fixing my dress before i walked down the aisle! Greatly appreciated those small details!

Also the hotel staff & servers were always very polite & hospitable. And Our honeymoon suite was great!

I would recommend hotel northampton to anyone that wants a beautiful wedding with an amazing staff & great hospitality beginning to end! thank you guys for making it a day to remember!!!!
    Angelina Married on 02/23/2017
    I eloped at Hotel Northampton! Because I only had 6 people total, they allowes us to use the Upper Atrium free of charge and the space could not have been more PERFECT!! Absolutely LOVED it!! My dream wedding! ??
    A & Married on 01/07/2017
    Book with the Hotel Northampton if you are looking for an elegant atmosphere, flexibility, convenience for guests, GREAT food, and a staff that executes your vision effortlessly! From our first meeting to the last minute details the night before, Ruby and her staff were VERY flexible and willing to help out in any way to make our day special. Our hot chocolate station was a nice touch to our winter wedding (Great idea Ruby!) and the food was out of this world! ALL of our relatives were from out of town and everyone raved about how easy it was to transition from the cocktail hour, to eating and dancing in the grand ballroom, to mingling in the atrium with a drink and warming by the fireplace in the lobby. Our relatives loved the New England charm in each of the bedrooms and appreciated the short walk away to enjoy eclectic downtown Northampton! Wiggins Tavern was a huge hit too post-reception! Hotel Northampton was incredible- THANK YOU again!
    Erica Married on 09/25/2016
    Our wedding was on September 25, 2016.
    Everything was picture perfect and I owe it all to Ruby. She was on top of everything. Incredibly helpful, professional, friendly, and reassuring. We could not have had a better experience.
    If I had to do it all again, I'd pick the Hotel Northampton and Ruby.
    We had our ceremony and reception in the grand ballroom and it was beautiful. The food was amazing, the deserts plentiful (and delicious), and they worked closely with our other vendors (photographer, DJ, Florist, etc) to make sure everything went according to plan.
    Again, we could not be happier and are so impressed and happy with the hotel and all its employees.
    Also, we had our rehearsal dinner at the Wiggins Tavern and the food was superb and the room was perfect. Also, Amber was so sweet and professional.
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 09/24/2016
    Ruby and her team were fantastic! I planned most of our Massachusetts wedding from Louisiana, they were super helpful in quickly answering all of my emails and letting my MIL go to our tasting for us since we couldn't make it, but even made sure that we knew they would set up a private tasting for us if we wanted. Ruby would check in along the way and make sure I didnt have any questions and helped keep me on the planning track. The grand ballroom is beautiful and nicely fit our 160 guests. I cannot recommend the Hotel Northampton more, it is a beautiful location at a great value!
    Ann Married on 09/17/2016
    We had a small wedding (30 people)at Wiggins Tavern in the Hotel Northampton. The staff went above and beyond to make our day great! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was awesome. . . Quaint and rustic. Ruby is the best! She helped me plan the perfect day!
    Shannon Married on 06/11/2016
    My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Hotel Northampton June 2016. Ruby Meng was our wedding planning and we couldn’t have been happier with her. She was so nice and easy to talk to during the planning process all the way leading up to the day where she was on top of every detail and there for us if we needed anything. The Hotel Northampton staff was wonderful over all from the tasting, which made it hard to decide on our menu because everything was delicious, Ruby made coordinating times and communicating with our vendors stress free and the reception itself was beautiful. The venue is classic and timeless and we couldn’t have been happier with our choice to hold out wedding reception at the Hotel Northampton.