Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia Reviews

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia 4
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia 5
  • Gina

Gina Park · Married on 11/02/2019

Desiree and Carly were AWESOME!

My husband and I just had our wedding here this past weekend and it was absolutely PERFECT. Desiree and Carly were so professional and went above and beyond. Besides the venue being beautiful, these two are the reason why I had the most perfect wedding. Can not express how thankful I am for their help!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Joseph

Joseph Kenney · Married on 11/02/2019

A++ for Hotel Monaco

Desiree and the entire team at Hotel Monaco were amazing and greatly exceeded our expectations. They were engaged throughout the entire process, and made sure the wedding day ran smoothly. Don't hesitate to book your wedding here, it was perfect.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Anna · Married on 10/27/2019

Cannot recommend enough!

I cannot recommend working with Hotel Monaco highly enough!! My fiance and I are transplants to Philadelphia within the past 10 months, so we know nothing about this city or any vendors. Hotel Monaco, besides working with us to make our day at their venue beyond special, have been EXTREMELY helpful in finding additional vendors and just recommending places within the city for us to try. Jackie has been lovely to work with! I would host any event at Hotel Monaco!

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 09/28/2019

They made our dreams come true!

I honestly don't even know where to begin when reviewing the Hotel Monaco as a wedding venue. We booked the venue because of the beauty of the space and the competence of the team there. The cocktail hour on the Stratus Lounge and reception in the Lafayette ballroom is the perfect setting for a wedding, especially if you have out of town guests staying at the hotel as well. We loved having everything in one place. We even had our welcome drinks at the Red Owl Tavern, which made it so easy. Mid-way through our planning process, the team actually changed out, and Jackie became our new go-to person. I can honestly say that having Jackie become our wedding coordinator/manager was the single best thing to happen to us during the entire planning process. She has an incredibly rare combination of intelligence, patience, diligence, and excellent client management that makes you feel taken care of. We really trusted her, and we know she played an integral part in the success of our day. To give you an example of how detail oriented and caring she is, my grandmother passed just a few weeks before the wedding. She gifted me a small token of remembrance with a beautiful note. I was totally taken aback, and it made me realize how important it is to have someone like her planning the biggest day of your life. In addition to Jackie, Tinisha handled all of our room reservations. She was AMAZING. She was the most responsive person I have ever worked with, her communication was flawless. She also artfully handled a couple of room switches, and went way above and beyond to make people in our room block happy. Carly handled all of the financials for us, and while this role doesn't always get a lot of love because they're not in the "fun" parts of the planning, she was a big part of everything going smoothly, especially with a lot of last minute changes. Bernardo was our maitre'd for the evening. People are still coming up to me and talking to me about how amazing he was, our wedding was 2 months ago. He truly made the party go on and on and on. A bit more about the reception space... it is a little small, but don't let that deter you. The size of the room made our party absolutely bumpin'. There was not a single soul that did not dance. Our dance floor was packed, but it felt like a true party. We just could not have imagined having our wedding anywhere else. GET MARRIED HERE!!!!

Sent on 11/15/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Borzillo · Married on 06/08/2019

Perfect wedding 10/10

I got married on June 8th, 2019 at Hotel Monaco. It was truly the most amazing wedding ever (I may be a bit bias) and exceeded every single one of our expectations!!!!! Desiree Sklar was our contact throughout the planning process and was there for us on our wedding day through the entire day/night. She is AN ANGEL! Truly she was made for weddings. She was so chill to work with and totally understood the vibe we were going for. Thank you so so so much hotel Monaco for bringing our vision to fruition and making it a day we will never forget. Also - can't forget about Bernardo, our server. He is THE MAN! I even convinced him to do a solo on the mic, absolutely LOVED it!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Terri B. · Married on 12/04/2018

Wedding Taste Testing

Bernardo was our waiter as we went through the taste testing for our wedding this spring. He was knowledgeable, good- natured, and professional. We really enjoyed the experience and know our guests will have a great evening at our wedding.
    Thank you Hotel Monaco!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Samantha Siliani · Married on 11/09/2018

Beyond our expectations

Our wedding venue search started and ended with the Hotel Monaco. Literally we went to look at one other venue after seeing the Hotel Monaco just to be polite as it was too soon to cancel but we knew we found the perfect spot right away. We initially worked with Matt Bassant although he left half way through the planning process. We had a completely smooth transition and began working with Jackie DeLawrence. The building, convenience of hotel and venue in one, decor and vibe were exactly what we were looking for. The food, alcohol and accommodations were above and beyond and every request we had was fulfilled without batting an eye. It was truly customer service at its finest. The bell hops and valet will know your name and remember it after your first meeting and somehow knew we were a bride and groom hosting an event there every time we pulled up. The best part of hosting your wedding there is you can tell everyone who works at the Monaco loves their job and this truly translates to the service. Eduardo was our head server at the wedding and I still am in awe of how amazing he was and how well he took care of us and our guests. Btw he also as the voice of an angel I'm not kidding I almost fell off my feet when he sung. The food at the wedding was not your typical wedding food and was delicious. Hats off to the chef for serving 130 piping hot, spot on meals that everyone raved about. Hosting a farewell brunch at the red owl tavern was a cherry on top. Again our guests were catered to and enjoyed every bite of food. Thank you to everyone who played a hand in our wedding. It was truly the best night of our lives thanks to you all!!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Taylor · Married on 01/20/2018

We had our wedding here in January of 2018. We had about 100 guests. Everything was amazing from the food, the staff (especially valet attendants!), appearance of the hotel, and the service. The catering sales manager, Matt Basset was also nothing short of amazing. He quickly answered ALL of my MANY emails and kept me calm and feeling good about all of our decisions for the wedding. We had a lot of out of town family come to our wedding & they stayed at the hotel. They raved about how great everything was. There were a lot of things locally for them to do in Old City Philadelphia as well, which was a plus for people wanting to explore the city. We highly recommend you look into Hotel Monaco Philadelphia for any event!

Sent on 01/29/2018

Lindsay · Married on 11/04/2017

Hotel Monco is AMAZING! We blocked our room, the bridal suite, and a few other suites for the wedding and they were so easy to work with and everything is done online. We also are using them for a good-bye brunch and we're using the rooftop lounge as the afterparty location ..... They have been a dream to work with I'm so happy with the service.

Sent on 01/21/2016

Danielle · Married on 07/01/2017

A huge thank you is owed to Janet and her team at Hotel Monaco for an absolutely perfect reception! From the start, all of our interactions have been exceptional. Janet hosted my now-husband and I for our initial meeting and we instantly fell in love with the hotel and the ballroom. Janet has been in the business for awhile and helped us novices navigate wedding planning (she even helped us select our rehearsal dinner venue). She gave a full list of preferred vendors, all of which turned out to be amazing! We used the Girard room for the cocktail hour and the Lafayette Ballroom (across the hall) for the reception dinner, all are located on the ground floor and were convenient for guests, the majority of which stayed at the hotel.

The ballroom is absolutely stunning, with beautiful banquet chairs and decor. You don’t need to purchase or rent your own linens or dancefloor or tables! In addition, the food is divine. Philip and I had such fun at the tasting with Janet and Bernardo (our server) and fell in love with every dish that was served. Everything tasted even better on our actual wedding day and my husband and I were spoiled with our own server who made sure I had a drink in my hand the entire night!

Hotel Monaco made everything so easy for us because everything was taken care of for us - including a day-of coordinator, which allowed myself and my friends and family enjoy the day with no responsibilities. In addition, when the bridal party was stranded in the limo because of a crazy thunderstorm, the staff at Hotel Monaco formed an umbrella tunnel for the bridal party to enter through. These little details, as well as the grand-scale coordination, are what makes Hotel Monaco so special. Best wedding ever!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Ben · Married on 04/22/2017

The Monaco more than lived up to its status as the “#1 Wedding Hotel” in Philadelphia. Every inch of the hotel was beautiful and made for a perfect backdrop for our pictures. The staff was attentive to our every need, going above and beyond to address small issues and surprising us with chocolates, wine, and prosecco. Our guests loved every moment of their stay. Highly recommended.

Sent on 04/28/2017

Ryanf · Married on 12/31/2016

We had an amazing time here at our wedding. The staff was on hand every step of the way and we had what we needed every step of the way as we planned and coordinated. Samantha had started going over everything with us however, she wound up accepting another opportunity elsewhere and Matt had stepped into oversee the rest of our event. The transition was flawless and needless to say our ceremony and reception was truly amazing thanks to their planning and the venue itself. We can't thank them enough. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Cat · Married on 12/10/2016

The Hotel Monaco was a great choice for our wedding room blocks. We did not have our actual wedding at the Monaco because we were going for an industrial look for our wedding and had to book elsewhere. That said, we had our rehearsal dinner, after party dinner/drinks, farewell brunch, and guests room blocks at the Monaco and I have nothing but great things to say. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, as are the rooms and the views. The corner suite I used to get ready housed all eight of my bridesmaids, three hair/make up people, two mothers of the bride, and a few others comfortably. My friends and family were able to bring their dogs with them, and used a service through the hotel to get their dogs walked while we were at the wedding. The staff is super helpful and friendly, I worked with Katie who was a great help and very responsive. The rehearsal dinner at The Red Owl Tavern was wonderful, albeit pretty expensive. It would be ideal if they had a more private room at the tavern for a party of our size (50 people) but regardless it was a great meal with friendly staff. We went to the Stratus Rooftop after the rehearsal dinner and used one of the lounges. This was one of our favorite parts. Everyone was able to mingle and the atmosphere was amazing. The Farewell brunch was also a great add-on we did, using one of their smaller ballrooms to host our guests. Everyone kept talking about how great the food was and how beautiful the hotel was. And let's not forget the location.... right in the heart of center city. Would highly recommend the Hotel Monaco to any bride!

Sent on 03/28/2017

Our wedding was perfect thanks to hotel Monaco! We had planned everything in 2.5 months, Samantha mad reverting easy and seamless. The location can't be beat either. Highly recommend

Sent on 12/10/2016

Avi · Married on 08/13/2016

My husband I had our wedding at the Hotel Monaco one Saturday night this past August. From start to finish everything was absolutely incredible! The wedding coordinator Janet and her entire team went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding was perfect. Specifically, bar service and table service were more professional than any wedding we have ever been to AND the room looked absolutely stunning. The decor matched so perfectly with our flowers and we were thrilled with how quickly they converted the room between ceremony and reception. The food was delicious too, especially the passed hors d'oeuvres and the short ribs. Additionally, guests adored the hotel rooms especially the fact that the hotel staff hand delivered each individual welcome bag to each hotel room! I can't thank everyone at the Monaco enough, it truly was the most magical night!!!!!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Lisa · Married on 05/29/2016

We got ready the morning of our wedding at Hotel Monaco, had our Cocktail Hour on the Stratus Rooftop Lounge, and held our Reception in the Lafayette Ballroom on the Sunday of Memorial Day, 2016.

Hotel Monaco was the first venue we looked at. Being very indecisive, I felt the need to explore practically every other option in the city before deciding to move forward with the Monaco. But, really, there was no comparison. The combo of the Stratus, the beautiful Lafayette Ballroom and the Old City location is unbeatable.

I should also say that holding our wedding on a Sunday (even though it was Memorial Day weekend), the Monaco offered us an AMAZING deal. Honestly, we would not have been able to afford this venue if we held our wedding on a Saturday, and Janet was truly accommodating in tweaking our menu to get us in right where we wanted to be, budget-wise.

Our families were coming to Philadelphia from all over the country, so this was the perfect spot for us to host our pseudo-destination wedding. The Monaco gave us an excellent room block rate compared to other (less-nice) hotels in the area, and our guests loved the free happy hour every night in the lobby!

Throughout the entire year and a half planning process, Janet was incredibly responsive, helpful, and patient with my constant questions, and was present on the day of the wedding, making sure everything we had discussed was in place.
    Our guests raved about the food (the short rib!! the crab cakes!) and the service throughout the evening was exceptional. My husband and I felt so well cared for and the catering staff had taken care of every detail. Another huge plus was that the Monaco only hosts one wedding a night. I would highly recommend the Monaco to any bride. The venue goes far and above a “standard” ballroom and the staff are phenomenal.

Sent on 07/24/2016

Marianna · Married on 04/30/2016

We had our cocktail hour at the Stratus Rooftop Lounge and our reception at the Lafayette ballroom. Janet and her crew were amazing, they helped us with every detail and everything went smoothly. The food was AMAZING especially at cocktail hour, our guests couldn't stop talking about it. The ballroom was beautiful and the servers were so great, i have nothing but great things to say about this hotel and the staff. They all were attentive and very prompt with answering emails and phone calls. Our hotel room was huge and so beautiful for the pictures. - Marianna and Bryan (4.30.2016).

Sent on 05/18/2016

Bridget · Married on 12/19/2015

We blocked rooms at the Hotel Monaco Philadelphia for our out-of town guests, used a suite for bridal party hair and make-up and hosted a brunch the morning after the wedding in the Lafayette ballroom. I was thoroughly impressed with the service and professionalism of everyone I worked with throughout the process. From the initial set up and booking of the room block with Brian Brazina, to selecting the catering options with Samantha Levy, to the responsiveness of the staff at the hotel all weekend, I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone to use this hotel on your wedding weekend.

Sent on 02/09/2016

Kate · Married on 08/29/2015

I recommend this venue HIGHLY. If you are even considering another venue, quickly come to your senses and go with the Hotel Monaco. We had the best experience with this hotel largely due to the people we dealt with. Everyone was genuinely kind and very helpful. Every detail was handled and I feel like I just showed up at my own wedding and everything was perfect and handled as if I'd done the smallest detail myself.

This boutique hotel is beautiful and all options for venues are excellent (and unique). We did the Stratus Lounge which was awesome and totally out of the ordinary. Couldn't have been better.

Samantha Levy ran our event and you should have her run yours too!!

Thank you Sam, Brian, and Matt! You guys made our day amazing.

Sent on 09/04/2015

We are over the moon about our recent wedding reception at the Hotel Monaco. Janet and her team did a marvelous job in helping us make our day special.

The ballroom is just stunning and required little extra from us for it to be a beautiful setting. The staff at the Monaco had everything set up exactly how we discussed and I have no reason to worry throughout the day. Our guests were raving about the food and the cake.

Throughout the planning process, Janet was incredibly responsive and quick to suggest alternate vendors whenever we ran into any snags. We were also very pleased with the value Hotel Monaco offered us give the outrageous prices at other venues in the city. The Monaco is a gem!

Sent on 08/16/2015

lynn · Married on 01/02/2015

HOTEL MONACO of PHILADELPHIA was the site of the wedding of my dreams! From planning to end of my reception everything was flawless!

We felt like our small wedding was the staff's highest priority. The food was AMAZING. Guests raved about the short-rib entree. Our cocktail hour was fantastic- the hors d'oeuvres were incredible. The cheese board was abundant and my personal fav the tuna tartar cone #yummy!! Our cake was also delicious!

We also spent 3 days at the hotel, celebrating with visiting guests. The Red Owl Tavern provided was perfect for a pre-wedding dinner and breakfast. Arranging a block of rooms with a great rate was a breeze

I can not find anything negative about our experience with HOTEL MONACO PHILADELPHIA. I was provided with my dream wedding along with ZERO stress!

Sent on 01/22/2015

Jessica · Married on 12/13/2014

I cannot even begin to thank the team at the Hotel Monaco for making our wedding absolutely perfect! They made the entire planning process (11 months) a complete breeze. We actually worked with three different event managers throughout the process due to new properties opening and promotions within the company, typical of the industry, but each one we worked with was better than the last. I am not sure how this was even possible, as each person we worked with was so responsive, detail orientated, professional, flexible, and truly cared about making our day perfect! Even with the switches not one detail fell through the cracks and it never fell on me to bring the new person up to speed. It was so impressive how consistency was such a priority for them! Janet, the current Director of Catering, as well as Michael and Alison, the Banquet Director & Manager are truly the best in the business.

The venue itself is so beautiful and the ballroom is unlike anything else you can find in the city (believe me, we looked at a ton). There are so many places in and around the hotel for great photo opportunities as well, the decor is truly amazing! The Stratus Rooftop lounge, where we hosted our cocktail hour was awesome. In addition, the location can't be beat and neither can the comfort of the rooms.

The food was delicious, all of our guests raved about how great everything was from the cocktail hour to the reception and late night snack, everything was wonderful.

The team truly brought our wedding dreams to life and made sure everything was perfect, just how we had imagined. As a total Type A bride, the staff at the Hotel Monaco never made me feel bad about my incessant questions and need for confirmation. They were highly attentive and responsive from the very first inquiry to our final goodbyes!

I cannot recommend this venue enough, if you want a spectacular wedding with the utmost attention to detail, this is the place. It is worth every penny!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Ashley · Married on 11/29/2014

Our Wedding ceremony, reception and after-party were held at the Hotel Monaco, and from the beginning it was clear that the staff wanted us to have a wonderful weekend. Everyone went above and beyond to accommodate us during our stay, and make sure that everything went smoothly. The Director of Catering was always available and the Banquet Manager was in constant contact with us throughout the ceremony and reception to help us along the way. The Lafayette Room was beautiful and the staff did a wonderful job of setting up everything that was needed, and the Vapor room in Stratus was a great place to gather with our close friends and family for an after party. We highly recommend the Hotel Monaco to host your Wedding or special event, you will be in great hands.

Sent on 01/01/2015

Cara · Married on 09/20/2014

Wow! Wow! WOW! I simply LOVE the staff and venue of the Hotel Monaco. We learned of the Hotel Monaco from a friend who worked there, but did not know much about it going into the process. We learned that their staff is extremely professional, responsive, and just awesome (shoutout to my three ladies: Casey, Carrie, and Sasha and the best person to see when walking into the Monaco, Shawn). They all helped us from the beginning of the process all the way through to the end and beyond! The venue itself is gorgeous, and seeing as almost all of our guests were from out of town, the rooms were incredible.
    From cocktail hour on the rooftop (we were blessed with gorgeous weather on the day of our wedding, but were also prepared for rain!) to the reception in the LaFayette Ballroom and brunch the next day, everything was perfect! We had a lot of moving pieces throughout the weekend of the wedding, but everything was completely taken care of from the welcome bags in guest's rooms to menu cards and the placement of our alma maters' flags on our chairs - it was all perfect!
    If you're looking for a way to treat your guests to a true Philadelphia experience (Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell are right outside the door!) with a spectacular venue, this is the place for you!
    Thank you all at the Hotel Monaco for making our special day an unforgettable one! We will be back to celebrate our anniversaries and maybe have another big party in the future! :-)

Sent on 01/02/2015

Nab · Married on 05/24/2014

We had a pre-wedding Friday night event at the Hotel Monaco. It was spectacular! The service was impeccable and the place is gorgeous.

Sent on 06/05/2014