Hotel Covington Reviews

4.3 out of 5 rating

• Kanako
    Kanako S. Married on 07/23/2022

Thank you so much!

We had our wedding at Hotel Covington this past weekend and everything was perfect! Working with Riley to plan the event and Patty and Jeri on the day-of made it incredibly easy on us. All of our out-of-town guests couldn't stop raving about the food, staff, and the hotel! Thank you so much!
    Julia P. Married on 07/09/2022

The perfect day

I cannot say how wonderful our experience was a hotel Covington enough! From start to finish Ashley and Riley were consistently there answering every question, giving me guidance in this crazy world of wedding planning. They had no issues with the many changes I made as I learned more and changed my mind. They made sure all the staff for the night of were prepared and so helpful. Everything went off perfectly for our wedding and we could not be any happier with our choice of venue.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Keara
    Keara F. Married on 10/30/2021

Perfect Rehearsal Venue

We had our rehearsal dinner at Hotel Covington and could not be happier with how perfect it was!! The entire staff was incredibly helpful, nice, and easy to work with, the food was amazing - all of our guests raved about it, and the atmosphere of the room we had was so intimate and cozy. It was all perfect for our group. We highly recommend Hotel Covington to anyone booking an upcoming event. We would give them more than 5 stars if we could!

Hotel Covington's reply:

Thank you so much, Keara! We are so glad to hear that you & your guests had a wonderful time with your rehearsal dinner!
  • Beth
    Beth M. Married on 07/24/2021

Amazing venue!

We could not have been happier with Hotel Covington. It is a really cute, fun, and beautiful venue. The staff there is incredibly helpful and amazingly organized. They were easy to work with through the planning process and everything went really smoothly the day of the wedding. It is a really awesome venue. I highly recommend it!

Hotel Covington's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind praises, Beth! We are so thrilled to hear about your amazing experience. Cheers!
    Katie S. Married on 04/23/2021

An Absolute Dream

I wish I could put into words how immensely thankful/grateful I am for the Hotel Covington/Madison staff. Our wedding day was better than anything I could’ve ever dreamed of. The room, the food, the staff, the experience… it was all perfect. It was a fairytale and a day that will play over and over again in my head. If you are thinking about holding your wedding at Hotel Covington/The Madison—BOOK NOW. You won’t regret it. If I could give HC more than 5 stars, I would. We help our rehearsal dinner and our ceremony at Hotel Covington and we received nothing but rave reviews. It was truly everything I ever imagined. Zoe helped turn my wedding vision into a reality. She was with us throughout the entire process, answering every little question I had and ensuring my wedding day was everything I wished for. She is truly one of the sweetest souls and it really was a joy working with her. I don’t know if I could’ve made it through COVID wedding planning without Zoe. Zoe and all of The Madison staff were so helpful in dealing with COVID protocols. I also would like to shout out Patty Cunningham, our night-of coordinator. She was absolutely amazing. She not only made sure my husband and I were taken care of all night, but also our parents. She made sure to box up each flavor of cake/cake pops and she is the only reason we got to try our wedding cake. She was our wedding night fairy godmother. Her attentiveness did not go unnoticed and she deserves all of the accolades in the world

Hotel Covington's reply:

Katie, thank you so very much for taking the time to leave such a detailed and thorough review. We are so happy you had such an amazing experience - despite planning through COVID! We are so glad we played a role in such a special day. Cheers!
    Dana D. Married on 02/14/2020

Perfect Hotel and Rehearsal Dinner

If you’re looking for a hotel for your rehearsal dinner/wedding needs in the Downtown Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area, I would highly recommend considering Hotel Covington. My husband and I ended up choosing Hotel Covington for both our rehearsal dinner and our rooms/hotel block for our wedding in February 2020. Once we did a tour of the rooms at Hotel Covington, I had my heart set on staying there. The rooms are just so beautiful and create the perfect atmosphere to prepare for your wedding. The staff at Hotel Covington were so great to work with and everyone who stayed there thoroughly enjoyed their experience.

With respect to the Rehearsal Dinner, we loved the menu options available, and from a pricing perspective felt that it was a great value for the quality of food compared to some other local options. We were also so happy that the Chef and staff at Hotel Covington were able to work with us to customize the menu to meet our dietary needs. Being vegan and having about half of our rehearsal party vegan/vegetarian, it was really important to my husband and I that there were great-tasting vegan options for each of the courses. I think many places we looked at would have treated our dietary needs as an after thought and provided us with a salad, simple entrée, and no dessert. However, Hotel Covington did such a great job of working with us to pick multiple vegetarian/vegan options that anyone would be thrilled to have. The food was exceptional, the room was gorgeous (they make it so easy for you to decorate to your tastes ahead of time), and the staff was all so friendly and provided amazing service. We loved our experience with Hotel Covington and believe anyone else who would choose to stay there would have an amazing time as well.

Hotel Covington's reply:

We are so happy to hear about your experience for your rehearsal dinner, Dana! Thank you for the wonderful review!
    Kristina W. Married on 12/20/2019

November Wedding

Heather and her team at hotel Covington were nothing short of excellent. They were easy to communicate with, they were accommodating to special needs and last minute changes. Most importantly they truly listened to the vision Steve and I shared for our wedding day and then brought it to life. The day was perfect even with rainy weather. The convenience of having our ceremony and reception all at one place with easy access to guest rooms was a top priority or us. The venue at Hotel Covington allowed this to take place without any major fuss. The servers and our banquet coordinator were kind, polite and always checking on us throughout the night to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and had everything we needed. This hotel is so unique in design that our decorations were very minimal for the reception, the ballroom downstairs was cozy and really came to life when it was lit up and full of our family and friends. The photo booth at Hotel Covington was a hit with our guests, a simple iPad that had a light on it and sent images directly to guest as well as collected a gallery for all to view. Last minute we wanted to add a farewell brunch due to so many out of town guests and Heather made it happen without blinking an eye. Her experience and knowledge of the industry was so helpful as we navigated planning our wedding. The food at Hotel Covington was a big draw to us as we were choosing venues. The menu is seasonal at times - we were able to customize sides, entrees, appetizers and even custom bottles of alcohol for the father of the bride as a gift. Our guests couldn’t stop talking about how amazing the food was after the wedding. Heather exceeded all expectation in helping coordinate our day and was such a joy to work with. We highly recommend working with Hotel Covington and Heather. We look forward to many anniversary dinners and visits to Coppins Restaurant in the future.

Hotel Covington's reply:

Kristina, we appreciate your praises! Thank you for taking the time to share! We look forward to seeing you on your anniversary!
  • sarah
    Sarah Married on 02/22/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Expert Staff, Beautiful location!

It's been a month and a half since our wedding, and we are still in shock by how incredible our experience was working with Hotel Covington. From beginning to end the experience was nothing less that fantastic.
    Planning process: We communicated with primarily Briana. Her E-mail signature says "Conference Services Manager" but it should really say "Fairy Godmother"! Briana was always quick to reply to E-mails, helped us stay within our budget, and met all our requests (And if they could not be met, she found the next best solution). She also ensured the day went smoothly- from overseeing the room flip, and even the little things- like storing our reception flowers and decorations in her office and taking our gifts to our hotel room at the end of the night.
    Ceremony and Reception: We only had 30 guests, so we opted for the Scheper room for our ceremony, cocktail hour downstairs (while the Scheper room was completely flipped), and our reception in the Scheper room as well. The long, family-style table was perfect, intimate and still allowed for room for dancing. Dinner was fantastic, easily the best food and drink I’ve ever had at a wedding. And the service, oh my - Sean and Josh worked our event and they were *flawless*. From ensuring food was stocked, special diets were accommodated, our husband and I always had a drink and they even helped clean up our personal decorations at the end and stored them for the night. Thank you to Sean and Josh- you are incredible at what you do.

Misc: Our hotel rooms were all beautiful and different, the entire building is gorgeous- we didn’t even need to leave the Hotel for photos! They entire HC experience feels so tailored, local-proud and personal. They took our vision and made it reality! Thanks to the Hotel Cov team- you’re nailing the wedding biz in our opinion!

Sarah,
    We cannot thank you enough for your warm feedback! We have shared it with the team, and everyone is so humbled by such kind words. Thank you so much for choosing us for your Big Day, and we look forward to seeing you and your husband again soon:)
    Olga Tsetsotkina
    Director of Sales
    Ruth Married on 10/18/2018

Intimate Wedding

We chose to have an intimate wedding with a sit down dinner at Hotel Covington in the private room and all of our guests gave it rave reviews! Many people said these were the BEST cocktails they have ever had!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 07/04/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wedding and honeymoon suite and reception

We are getting married on October 5,2019
    Kayla Married on 05/27/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Hotel Covington was an excellent location for us to host all of our family and friends to stay for our wedding weekend. They were very accommodating for us and our large group. The common areas were great locations for all of our guests to socialize. The restaurant also had fabulous food and drinks. The rooms were absolutely fabulous and kept very clean. For my wedding I used one of suite rooms to get ready in with all my girls. It was the perfect size for my large bridal party of seven to get hair and make-up done. The courtyard was a beautiful location for our first look and wedding photos. We cannot thank Hotel Covington enough for their wonderful hospitality.

Kayla,
    Thank you so much for such kind feedback about your stay with us. We were so happy to be a part of your special day, and we would love to see you again in the future!
    Sincerely,
    Olga Tsetsotkina
    Director of Sales
  • I
    I-Chun Married on 02/11/2017
    4.8 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I stayed the night before my wedding at this hotel and all my bridesmaids got ready in the hotel room with me the next day. The hotel services was very accommodating to our needs, we constantly had to call front desk for more towels and frequently trash pulls and etc. they responded to our needs promptly. The valet parking was reasonably priced and all the staff were very friendly and professional. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Dear I-Chun,
    Thank you for your wonderful review. We were delighted to be a part of your special day and hope you will visit us again soon.
    Kindest Regards,
    Jack G Olshan, General Manager
  • Erin
    Erin Married on 09/28/2019
    4 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A beautiful location, but the beauty is also in the details.

Overall, our day was magical. We chose to have our Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception all at Hotel Covington. We had room blocks with out-of-town guests staying, as well.

Overall:
    - We had 3 different coordinators in a year. Please note that the coordinator only stays for the first 20 minutes of your reception. If you want them there the whole time, make sure you ask. Also ensure you're very detailed with the Contract.
    - Be prepared for sticker shock. I went to the most expensive venue in all of Cincinnati and this place was STILL more expensive. They did reduce prices once I told them this. Loved the transparency and flexibility here.

Rehearsal:
    - People were 'hanging out' in the Lawn space where we were supposed to be rehearsing. We eventually had to be the bad guy when they asked if we needed them to leave. (They had children running around, otherwise we wouldn't have cared.)

Ceremony:
    - Other wedding parties were taking photos everywhere in Hotel Covington right before our wedding started. They were even taking pictures in front of our floral displays at the altar. This was our day and our display that we paid a lot of money for. The altar had personal, sentimental meaning to us. We also paid a lot of money to rent out the entire venue to ensure we were the only wedding party there that day. I understand that it's a public hotel, but I would hope for future weddings, there would be some sort of 'exclusivity' to the venue if I've rented out all the spaces. Maybe just a few hours before start time.
    - The Hotel Covington social media team posted photos of our altar before our florist was done. If I were her, this is not something she likely would've wanted to put her name on as it was not complete.
    - Because of all the other wedding parties, our guests had a hard time finding out where to go for the ceremony when they first arrived. My guests said it was so loud in the lobby from all of the other wedding parties, they had no idea where to go and when they asked staff members, they didn't really know either. Hotel Covington is addressing this.
    - Hire a day-of coordinator! The Hotel Covington coordinator is there as your hotel point-of-contact only.

Cocktail Hour:
    - Two days before the wedding, I checked to ensure wine and beer were set to be served at the Cocktail Hour. In all of the transitions, it was one other thing my new coordinator and I hadn't covered off on. Ensure you're going through every detail.
    - They did ask us if we wanted to reserve lobby seating for the Cocktail Hour, but we said no. We probably should've said yes in hindsight. My pregnant friend and a friend with a surgical boot on her ankle went to sit down and said they were shooed away by a Hotel Covington staff member. It was our miss on taking the hotel's suggestion for reserving the spot.

Reception:
    - Lighting/Temperature: Ensure you work with your coordinator to decide on a lighting color. We would've chosen white, but pink was automatically chosen for us. We should've asked, but were trying to celebrate our moment. We also had to track down a waiter to get him to turn the lighting down once dancing started. Hotel Covington is going to ensure they address this with future couples so they know they can adjust lighting/temperature themselves.
    - Ran out of Tito's Vodka - I knew we were heavy vodka drinkers, but I guess way more than I thought. :) They ended up switching to Absolut, but I was confused why they couldn't go get more Tito's. I didn't ask because there was only 1 hour left. I'm gluten intolerant as well as a few of my guests, so Tito's was important to me. Absolut is not gluten free.
    - Area wasn't ready in time - My florist requested the reception room to be ready by 7:30 am, but it wasn't ready until after 12:00 pm. Apparently there was some sort of miscommunication on the hotel's part and it ended up working out, but probably caused a lot of stress for my florist.
    - Missing components of Chicken dish. Probably only something only we noticed, though. We got wonderful compliments on the food!

The Good:
    - Accommodations were awesome and we so appreciated the champagne gift in our suite afterwards.
    - Drinks & food overall were good - again, we got so many compliments and the bartenders were awesome!
    - Staff hospitality - overall, everyone was really friendly and the dinner service went off without a hitch!
    - I kept having to switch the amount of people in attendance, but they were very flexible and accommodating!

This venue is BEAUTIFUL and they have such an opportunity. Most of the details my guests didn't notice. I really want this place to be successful!

Photography: Sherri Barber
  • Sierra
    Sierra Married on 09/14/2019
    4 out of 5 rating

Luxurious!

I am so happy that we chose Hotel Covington to have our wedding reception at. I have been obssesed with the look and feel of this venue since I moved to the area and knew that no where else would express our style better than this place. It was goegeous and we had mostly out of town guests who stayed at the hotel and had such a special experience. I was so proud to have our friends and family stay at such a top notch hotel. The food was delicious ( people kept telling me it was the best food they every had at a wedding!) and the drinks were wonderful. Our wedding was everything I envisioned and more!!

The only reason I could not give a 5 star rating is due to communication issues. I had a very difficult time getting responses from my final contact person so I finally reached out to a supervisor and still had the same issue. However, I hired an outside event coordinator who assisted and everything turned out perfectly which is the most important thing. I would still recommend this venue for your wedding! It's one of a kind and I am overjoyed with how our wedding turned out.
    Jennifer Married on 05/19/2018
    2.8 out of 5 rating
      2.5 out of 5 rating
      2.5 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our wedding at Hotel Covington several weeks ago. We couldn't have been more grateful to be environed by so much love in a beautiful setting with our friends and family.

The only sour note from our joyous day was the theft of the gift box of cards from our guests. The card box was stolen from our hotel room sometime after we had left the hotel (through the lobby) to continue the night's festivities across the street.

I am VERY disappointed with the way in which the hotel dealt with the theft and I am hesitant now to recommend Hotel Covington for any occasion. The lack of forthrightness and graciousness is upsetting and surprising, to say the least. Their lack of transparency with information, requesting a warrant to hand over video footage to the detective, and not having cameras on the floors are a few of the issues we came across. There was no genuine apology or empathy from the hotel coordinator, along with no qualms about charging any additional fees -- despite my asking them to wait until we hear back from the detective. I also was surprised that the management did not offer any gestures of compensation (a partial refund, free hotel stay, or brunch even), despite the exorbitant amount of money we spent to have our wedding at this hotel.

We hope the truth will reveal itself soon. In the meantime, remember to safeguard your possessions in this or any hotel, even on the most joyous of occasions.

Jennifer,
    As we have discussed at length via e-mail I am terribly sorry that such an incident occurred at Hotel Covington. Also, as I have explained it is our standard practice for the protection of our guests to request a warrant or subpoena whenever information is requested that would include other guest's information, which the police department did request. We cooperated fully with the investigation, ran all of our security reports, lock interrogation reports, time cards and watched nearly 60 hours of video footage. As the police's and our own investigation discovered; the only keys that were utilized to access your room during the time the box went missing was one of the 15 keys you requested and handed out to your wedding planners, florists, bridesmaids and others. As a token of our appreciation for sharing your celebration with us we extended a complimentary wedding brunch for you and your family for a later date of your choosing. Again, we are terribly sorry that this occurred on your wedding day and if we can be of any assistance; we remain at your service.
    Kindest Regards,
    Jack G Olshan, General Manager
    Lisa Married on 10/13/2018
    2.2 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating

If I had to do it again, I'd pick elsewhere.

We held our ceremony and reception at Hotel Covington. In one sentence, if I had to do it again, I would pick somewhere else.

The first star I gave is for the hotel architecture and aesthetic, it is very beautiful. The second is for the day of banquet staff, they are incredibly nice.

For the starts I omitted, the first is for the wedding coordinators. We had three different ones while trying to plan our wedding. That meant coming in three times and getting the details together and three times having to negotiate the details we had already nailed down with the previous.

The biggest thing that I still can't wrap my mind around is the number of times they tried to nickel and dime us on the food and drink package. Here are just two of the many examples. They changed their menu drastically 6 months before our wedding and wanted us to pay more than $10/person more to have the same menu as before. 1 week before our wedding, yes 1 week, they asked if they could "upgrade" us (their words not mine) to a bar package that was word for word the bar package a tier below the one we were paying for. Literally my jaw dropped that they thought I was going believe the bud/well liquor package was an upgrade to the local craft premium package we were spending good money on.

And lastly, we had coordinated with the wedding coordinator that we would set up the reception area (ballroom) at 8am the morning of our wedding. We got to the room to set up and it's clearly not ready, wrong number of tables, no tablecloths ect. We had to re-arrage our whole DAY OF schedule, the day of the wedding!! to set up after our hair and make-up. So that made the whole day rushed and not as it should have been. Silver lining was the banquet staff on site is incredibly nice and did what they could to help.

Overall, for any bride I would suggest you put anything and everything you can in the contract. Not just in writing, but in the contract.

Dear Lisa,
    I would like to start off by saying that we were very honored to be a part of your special day. We wish you and your husband many years of happiness and success. I do want to personally apologize for any mishaps you may have experienced leading up to your event.
    We loved hearing that you enjoyed the hotel and the ambiance that it brings, and we are so happy that your guests enjoyed their time here.
    We would like to apologize for any inconveniences with the earlier setup requests and the coordination of the event, and we hope that your overall experience was very positive. The bar upgrade options that were suggested were more of an option, and after speaking with you, we kept all the requests that were originally discussed, without any changes or extra charges.
    We hope that you will return in the future, as we would love to see you and your husband back at Hotel Covington.
    Sincerely, Olga Tsetsotkina, Director of Sales
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth P. Married on 10/29/2021
    1.6 out of 5 rating

Beautiful Venue, Disappointing Quality & Service

Hotel Covington promised to set up our ceremony space yet did not have it done for our wedding. Our ceremony was delayed by over 30 minutes while guests waited in the lobby for hotel staff to hurry and decorate the courtyard. We were promised an easel for the reception to display our seating chart. No easel was provided and the seating chart was spread across our guest book table instead. We had 20 less guests than we planned and paid for, but the staff still ran out of napkins and plates during the cocktail hour. During photos, the bartender was asked to watch our bouquets and then our 5 vases and bridesmaid bouquets turned up missing, and still have not been recovered. Meanwhile, the bartender failed to cut off guests who abused the open bar. At the end of the reception, my family was tasked alone with cleaning up and removing all decorations from the ballroom.

When we stayed at the hotel, there was a Spectrum cable outage and could not access any television for the entire night.

While the venue is beautiful, it was not worth the unprofessional service and was not near what we discussed with Hotel Covington.

Hotel Covington's reply:

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we are very sorry for the experience you had at Hotel Covington. This is not typical of our team and I would love the opportunity to further discuss your experience, I kindly ask that you give me a call at 859-446-7888 at your earliest convenience. Again, I am very sorry and do appreciate your time.
    Michael K. Married on 06/27/2021
    1 out of 5 rating

substandard

Find another place. Consider going another place.
illustration stars