Hotel Ballast Reviews

Hotel Ballast 1
Hotel Ballast 2

Kay E · Married on 04/27/2019

Perfect wedding day!

Brooke Bloomquist and staff were awesome in ensuring our special day was perfect! We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding/reception. It was everything and more.

They made everything so easy with their patience and positive attitude the whole way through! The venue was beautiful and our day was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 05/11/2019

Danielle · Married on 08/25/2018

Great Time

Amazing location. Expectations exceeded. Brook was a godsend.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Brynda · Married on 03/31/2018

This is the second wedding in our family, the first being at a well known country club in Ponte Vedra, Florida. I cannot tell you how pleased my husband and I were with the Wilmington Hilton (now the Hotel Ballast). The food, the flowers and the decorations were all perfect. Service was wonderful and prompt. The difference between our first wedding experience and this one is marked! Wilmington gets the nod by far! Thanks also to our wonderful wedding coordinator Meagan. She was fantastic and took all the load off my shoulders as the mother of the bride. If you are looking for a wedding venue the Hotel Ballast is the place to go! My husband and our family highly recommend it. Brynda and Charles Greer, DeLand, Florida

Sent on 04/17/2018

Charles · Married on 03/31/2018

Meagan did a great job and the setting was perfect. Kudos to the weatherman!!! Food Friday night and Saturday afternoon was very good (not only my thought, but expressed to me by many people). From start to finish, 7 months, Meagan had a good answer or good suggestions for every question re the wedding and the rehearsal. It was a pleasure dealing with an experienced professional.

Sent on 04/23/2018

Jordan · Married on 03/24/2018

I recently got married and had my wedding along with my rehearsal dinner and reception at the Hilton Wilmington Riverside. The experience was outstanding. All of the staff, especially Meagan Lanier, were amazing. They made the entire process so simple and did a phenomenal job on all of the preparations. I couldn't have asked for better service. Everything was exactly the way we wanted it and the value for what they offer in all of their packages is wonderful. They took care of the planning and organizing which made our lives easier so we didn't have to worry about figuring out what was needed. I highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 04/17/2018

Dakota · Married on 12/20/2016

The Hilton was super accommodating and provided enough rooms for my whole family! There were all super nice and the proximity to my venue was perfect! Everyone enjoyed their stay!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Perri · Married on 09/10/2016

Great place for planning any wedding! Haleigh, the wedding coordinator, is the absolute best! She did everything to make sure our reception and rehersal went perfectly!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Shana · Married on 07/27/2016

My wedding planner Meagan was awesome! She was very professional and brought my intimate low key wedding vision to life! I have no complaints. Thank you Meagan for seeing my vision and making my wedding beautiful!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Alexandra · Married on 12/19/2015

We could not have been more thrilled with our experience at the Hilton Wilmington Riverside for our December wedding. The venue overlooking the river was the perfect backdrop and watching the sunset before we went into our guests was priceless. Rachel was so attentive to us and our 230 guests. She made sure every detail was attended to. The food was delicious and our guests were extremely complimentary of their meal. The florist and cake vendors that work with the Hilton were amazing as well. I highly recommend the Hilton Wilmington Riverside to future brides.

Sent on 01/21/2016

My fiancee and I were wary based on seeing the prices online. But when we came in and talked to Rachael and saw exactly what was included and how much easier planning was going to be on our end, we were so happy. She was more than happy to help, very responsive and patient with our ever changing minds.

Sent on 10/10/2015

The Hilton Riverside was the most perfect place to have a wedding reception, especially when you have to plan from a distance. In one day you sit down and pick out decor, try the catering, cake and go over flowers! Rachel, the wedding coordinator, is incredibly responsive and dedicated to each event . She is so positive and is incredibly accommodating to whatever is needed to make the event a success.

Sent on 11/30/2015

We love Wilmington Riverside Hilton! Our wedding reception was beyond amazing. Everything from the fine details, flowers, cake, food, to our end of the night exit was exactly as we had pictured it to be. Rachel Anderson is an amazing Wedding Coordinator... she will help make the wedding of your dreams.

Sent on 11/30/2015
  • User5192421 · 2+ years ago

I reluctantly first booked with the Hilton, because we were having a "larger" wedding and my fiance preferred it at a hotel. However, since I was planning this wedding from out of town- I am so grateful we selected the Hilton. The provided all the major items and those they did not provide- their preferred vendor list (which I utilized) was also five star! Our event was beautiful and went flawlessly. We initially booked with Sarah- who left the next month- but Rachel was just as great to work with and extremely responsive. I would often get a response to my questions within the hour. She was also very gracious and accommodating- as I realized the week before the event, I had flubbed my final count. Luckily she caught the mistake and was able to fix for the food and tables. My whole family commented on how great the food was and how beautiful it looked. The day of I was very stressed before the ceremony and while waiting to walk out- felt like I was going to pass out. There were several staff "in waiting" and they rushed to get me water and make sure I was ok. All the staff were smiling the whole night and very attentive to make sure I had anything I needed. They placed items in my room and made a romantic and beautiful escape for me and my husband after the event was over. There was another bride having her reception the same night- and although I didn't vocalize it to Rachel- was a bit nervous about seeing another bride in her dress while I was in mine. But I never ran into her the entire night, as Rachel made sure each event was individual and special. I felt the Hilton was a great value for everything they provided and how stress free the actual event was for me.

Sent on 06/20/2015

The Hilton was great to work with. Everything was seamless and I didn't have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Alisha · Married on 01/04/2014

The Hilton fulfilled all of my dreams with having the perfect wedding!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Sarah was wonderful and I enjoyed working with her. She was professional but friendly and fun. I appreciated her quick response to my questions and solutions to my ideas. The ballroom was beautiful. Knowing that Sarah was "putting all the final touches" in the room made my daughter's' reception much more relaxing and enjoyable. The food was delicious!! I was pleased with the kindness and friendliness that I received from the employees of the Hilton. My only complaint was that not all the gift bags were given to the out of town guests. I supplied a list of names of the guests. Thank you for making my daughter's wedding a very beautiful and special time.

Sent on 12/24/2013

Colleen · Married on 09/28/2013

Words cannot even describe how amazing our wedding was at the Hilton Wilmington Riverside! My husband and I had an 18 month engagement and from the very beginning Haleigh and then Sarah were on top of things making sure our day was going to be everything we wanted! When the big day finally arrived it was more than we could have dreamed of! Haleigh and Sarah and the rest of the Hilton Team made everything flow perfectly so Matt and I didn't have to worry about a thing! If anything went wrong, we did not know about it! We have friends and family raving saying it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to and we owe it all to the Hilton Team! If you are considering a wedding here, DO IT! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Wonderfully kind and helpfull! Skillfully assisted us in planning a beautiful wedding on a small scale. Haleigh is terrific. The settings in the ceremony and reception rooms were awesome. We did not know what to expect on the actual day of the wedding since we had done all of the planning via phone calls and emails.

Sent on 09/10/2013

The Hilton ROCKS!! Haleigh B. Hughes is the BEST!

Sent on 06/06/2013

Anna · Married on 01/26/2013

Haleigh at the Hilton is EVERYTHING! If I could renew our vows and repeat the same exact wedding reception for the rest of my life I would. Danny and I could not be happier with the out come of our wedding reception. My parents are beyond pleased with the magical evening.

Everything was planned out in ONE meeting with Haleigh at the Hilton. It was so fun to sit down with my Mother, Aunt and Haleigh and complete the details of our wedding.

I moved to California in the middle of wedding planning to start a new career and join my fiance. This did not put a dent in wedding planning what so ever. Email correspondence was frequent with the florist, cake decorator and event planning.

I do not use the word perfect very often because I consider myself a perfectionist (especially with little details). Our reception was perfect and I would not change a single detail. Haleigh made the best executive decisions for our reception which I really appreciated. The Hilton housed my family, our reception and life long memories for my husband and I to talk about forever.

My very large family has endless compliments about our reception at the Hilton. Everyone loved the basketball game playing at the bar, the hospitality room stocked with food and drinks, and the beautiful grand ballroom.

My only complaint would be that I cannot rewind time and go back to our reception to party again with my family and friends!!

Sent on 02/21/2013

Hotel Ballast's reply:

Thank you so so much Anna for all of your kind words! I absolutely adore you and your family and had such a great time working with you! Please, please, please keep in touch!

Carla · Married on 10/14/2012

Haleigh is PHENOMENAL!!! Jay and I are so happy with her professionalism, kindness, and genuine excitement to be helping us with the wedding!! She is truly an asset to The Hilton. I used to live in Wilmington, NC and work on Water St. I used to look at the Hilton and think it was so pretty, but I had never been there. When Jay and I got engaged it was the first place I thought of so I called and made an appointment with Haleigh. We loved the location, but most of all we really liked Haleigh! Without her I would have been a crazy person. Thank you to all of the staff at The Hilton, our wedding was perfect and we owe a large part of that to you (and Haleigh).

Sent on 11/07/2012

Hotel Ballast's reply:

You are absolutely adorable and so so sweet! Thank you so much, it was such a pleasure getting to know you and your family! You and your mom's identical laugh always made me smile!

Annie · Married on 06/09/2012

Haleigh was so sweet and very helpful. Everything at the Hilton was wonderful and our reception was perfect ! We had an amazing time!

Sent on 06/29/2012

Hotel Ballast's reply:

Thank you Annie, I hope married life is wonderful!

Allison · Married on 06/08/2012

Haleigh and the Hilton crew did an amazing job! They took care of everything and we didn't have to worry about a thing on our wedding day. Amazing is all we can say, thank you so much!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Hotel Ballast's reply:

You are more than welcome, it truly was a pleasure!

Julie · Married on 05/26/2012

I planned my wedding long distance, and could not have been more pleased with the service that I received from Haleigh, and the Hilton team. All I had to do was tell them what I wanted and they took care of it! You schedule a meeting with the Hilton and your vendors for the same day, and take care of all the details all at once. This can be a little overwhelming. I would suggest doing your research ahead of time as far as theme, decor, etc so that you don't have any major decisions to make the day of the meeting. Haleigh was there to answer my random questions at any time via phone or email. Overall, my experience was wonderful!

Sent on 06/18/2012