Graduate Annapolis Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Michael A. Married on 10/16/2021

Excellent Venue, Great Location

Our wedding at this venue really could not have turned out better. The staff was super helpful, friendly, and very on top of everything. The hotel had plenty of space for hanging out, and having such a large open bar area is great for entertaining larger groups a bit more informally, which we took advantage of.

We held our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all within the hotel. The recently renovated atrium space was really cool and so well done. Everything setup and transition wise was entirely seamless for us and our guests, which is quite the feat! We really felt like we got to sit back and actually enjoy all of our time on our wedding night without having to worry about any of the logistics. We even came back up to room after our reception to a sweet note from our point of contact from the hotel, a bottle of prosecco, a pair of glasses, and these very cute bride and groom ducks.

There were also so many intangibles of having a large, accessible location right on West Street. We were walking distance from so many things for our guests to do during the weekend outside of the wedding and it was actually very awesome seeing our guests really taking advantage of that. So we would definitely recommend this location!
    Elizabeth H. Married on 03/13/2021

COVID Flexible and Awesome Events Director

My husband and I had our heart set on Annapolis and the Graduate was stunning! The Atrium was perfect for our ceremony and seamlessly flipped for the cocktail hour. Dinner was fantastic. Guests even commented on how it was some of the best wedding food they'd had! The rooms and themed hotel really were perfect for our wedding plus the guest rooms were impeccable. Because of COVID, we weren't able to do a tasting but Shannon, the events director, steered us towards the best options and it was delicious. In fact, Shannon was the best part of this venue. Her customer service, flexibility, kindness, and guidance made for an amazing experience and day. We are a COVID couple and she really reassured us through everything and always helped us explore "just in case" options We added a lot of different precautions and Shannon was great in executing those for our guests. While Annapolis offers a lot of great venue options, I would 100% pick the Graduate again.
  • Jamal
    Jamal B. Married on 02/20/2021

One to remember forever

If you are looking to have your wedding somewhere, I promise you this hotel knows how to host a event! The hotel staff and managers were very attentive and accommodating and made sure that we didn't have to worry about anything. We especially appreciated working with the Wedding Catering/group Sales manager Shannon. Everyone was very inviting and willing to go the extra mile to make sure our event and guests where taken care of. February 20, 2021 will be a day my wife and I will remember forever. We only live 10 mins away but decided to extend our stay longer because we were having such a good experience. We are so thankful for everything that was done to make our day special!

Jamal & Brittany,
    It was so wonderful to work with you both and your families in the planning of this weekend. Every last detail was beautiful and perfect! We know it was tough to plan amid the pandemic, but you did it Mr. & Mrs. Walker!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!
    Caileigh C. Married on 08/15/2020

Amazing Venue

Our reception at the Graduate Annapolis was nothing short of amazing. Shannon and the entire hotel staff went out of their way to make sure that our day went smoothly. We had spent months anxious about how our wedding would look due to COVID-19, but Shannon and Mario ensured our wedding was both safe and beautiful. We were unable to have a tasting due to COVID-19, however every food we selected was delicious and plentiful. We are still hearing friends and family rave about the food and venue! Most of our guests stayed at the hotel for the weekend and everyone loved the nautical vibe and cleanliness of the rooms. The room we used as the bridal suite was huge--plenty of room for 11 girls to get ready, spend the day, and take pictures in! The guys were able to have their own room downstairs to hang out in. Shannon was knowledgeable, amazing to work with, calming, and so responsive. The entire hotel staff was kind, welcoming, and did whatever they could to ensure that our guests were taken care of all weekend. Overall we were amazed with our experience with Shannon and the Graduate Annapolis and would choose to have our reception here again in a heartbeat!

Caileigh & Ben -
    It was SO much fun getting to know you and working with your families in the planning of your wedding weekend!
    PS - I am still not over the fact you had a custom ice cream flavor at the ice cream stand!!! AMAZING.
    We are wishing you a Happy Ever After!
    - Shannon, Mario, & Graduate Team
    Leah J. Married on 05/02/2020

Highly Recommend

We were scheduled to have our reception at the Graduate, and we had to cancel due to Coronavirus. I still wanted to write a review for other couples looking for a venue. The wedding coordinator, Shannon, was a pleasure to work with and very responsive when we had questions. The venue is newly renovated and beautiful. We were able to go to a tasting and find out that the food is wonderful! We were very excited for our guests to enjoy the food. The Graduate is definitely a venue we would recommend!

Thank you so much, Leah!
    While we will certainly miss the opportunity to partner on your special day, we are wishing you and Isaac a beautiful, happy future! It was such a joy working with you this far.
    Take care, and be sure to reach out if we can ever assist you!
    -Shannon Draley
    Sarah C. Married on 02/16/2020

Great Venue!

The Graduate did a wonderful job with our daughter's wedding! The food was delicious, and Shannon, the catering manager, was a great help with all of the planning and details! Everyone had a wonderful time! I highly recommend them!

Hi Sarah!
    We loved partnering with you in planning for Alex & Adam's Wedding Weekend! You, your families, and friends were just delightful and everything came together so beautifully.
    Thank you again for trusting in Graduate!
    - Shannon :)
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 12/21/2019

Shannon was the absolute best. My wedding day was fantastic.

To start, it is expensive as heck to have a nice wedding in the DC area. Just ridiculous. To that end, my fiance and I spent 2 years trying to find locations that we both liked, that was aesthetically pleasing to both of us, that offered enough space for our guests and that just made sense for us. In the end, Shannon's professionalism, quick responses and great personality were the deciding factor that caused us to choose The Graduate. Though we signed our contract before the transition was made, it was seamless for us and we felt no confusion or discomfort during the renovations.
    Our guests and our family enjoyed every part of the wedding. It was a good time, the hotel was lovely and the staff was very helpful. There were some minor challenges: a few of my guests had heat issues in their rooms (and it was super cold on our wedding weekend) but I believe it was handled quickly and my maid of honor and a groomsman were stuck in the elevator for a short time. The staff came to everyone's assistance immediately and no one seemed too bothered by the inconveniences.
    The packages that are offered are nice and including open bar with the packages was another strong deciding factor for us. My guests are still talking about their meals; the salmon with the mustard sauce was a huge hit. The tasting that we did months before the wedding was great. Though the hotel was in the midst of renovations, the service was impeccable, Shannon was superbly helpful and the food was presented well. Be hungry when you go though. It's a lot of food.
    If you are considering this venue, based on my experience I say go for it. They are a great team, very helpful, very considerate. They worked well with my vendors and with a very nervous, jittery bride. I cannot say enough good things about The Graduate.
    In terms of cost, you could possibly find less expensive options but not with the level of service that this team offers. If I were to do it over, I would choose The Graduate again.

Nicole & Marcus -
    It was such a joy to work with you both in the planning of your Wedding Weekend! Thank you for trusting in Graduate Annapolis to ensure a fabulous celebration! :)
  • Jaynie
    Jaynie J. Married on 11/23/2019

Amazing team of people! Dream Wedding!

We just had our wedding reception at the Graduate Annapolis on Nov. 23 and it was amazing! We had a huge reception with 180 guests and my family and friends haven’t stopped complimenting us.
    To start of, Shannon Draley is absolutely a dream to work with! She completely eased my mind of all the stress and saw our vision of how we wanted our reception to flow. She completely nailed it and listened to every one of our suggestions and made her the whole team at the hotel was on the same page. Months leading up to the wedding, she answered all my silly questions right away. She is very organized and detailed oriented, which is exactly what you need when planning a wedding! I can’t thank her enough for all her time and patience with us. My mom was ready to adopt her in our family after working with her so much... LOL
    When it came time for the wedding weekend, we had a lot of guests stay right at the hotel which was so convenient. It's walking distance downtown and there is plenty to do in the area. Perfect location! Rita did a wonderful job of organizing our room blocks. We were able to get a great rate for all our guests that weekend. Other hotels with ballrooms in the area were far more expensive for that weekend. It was great because all the guests could just go back to their rooms when the party was over! Our guests continued the party to the new restaurant bar after the reception.
    The newly renovated Graduate is beautiful. The rooms have their own unique charm and super comfy beds! My bridal party loved getting ready in the admiral suite. There was lots of room for all my bridesmaids to get their hair and makeup done. We also did a private wedding brunch the following day at the hotel and it was absolutely perfect. They had an amazing breakfast spread and even served some of our leftover wedding cake.
    Last but definitely not least, the food at our reception was AMAZING! All of the appetizers we had during cocktail hour were so good! We had two huge platters of cheeses, fruits and vegetables in the middle of the atrium area with several tasty passed hors d'oeuvres. For dinner, we had the option of the filet & crabcake or mahogany chicken. Most of our guests ordered the filet and crab cake duet as an entree and it was so so good. We were worried since there were so many people that the food would just be okay, but it was honestly one of the best crab cakes we’ve ever had. And the steak was cooked perfectly! People were raving about the food. The chicken was also very good! We got the Parmesan risotto and green beans as a side and they were perfect sides for the meals.
    The staff at the Graduate Hotel made sure our wedding weekend was flawless! They were so accommodating and eased my mind during a stressful time. They made sure that all our guests were completely satisfied. I want to give a shout out to Erick for taking care of us all weekend. He went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. Also thank you to Blanca for making sure the bride and groom were fed! Her service was amazing! I would definitely recommend the Graduate Hotel to any couple! Thank you for making our dream wedding come true!!!

Graduate Annapolis's reply:

Congratulations again Jaynie & Tyler!
    It was such an honor to take part in this weekend with you and your families! We truly had the best time planning with you, and are wishing you, Tyler, and little pup Tucker Happily Ever After! :)
    - Shannon & the Graduate Team
  • Carrie
    Carrie Married on 09/28/2019

Best Night of Our Lives!

We loved our wedding venue, the Hotel Annapolis! They are currently transitioning, but if you hear good things about Lowes, Hotel Annapolis, or Graduate, it's where we had our special day and it was absolutely perfect.
    We primarily worked with Shannon Draley in the planning stages. We picked this venue because it was local, parking was plentiful for our guests, and the convenience of having everything right there at the hotel was unbeatable. Our food, drink, accommodations, rehearsal, ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner/dancing reception were all through the Hotel Annapolis.
    Food was a top priority for us, and the hotel DELIVERED! Our tasting was easily our favorite part of wedding planning. The appetizers were incredible -- full cheese and fruit/veggie displays, mini quesadillas, shrimp wrapped scallops, beef and pickled onion crostini, bruschetta, and mini crab cakes. We had a bountiful buffet dinner -- caesar and house salad options with toppings to pick and choose from, baked potato soup per our custom order, crab cakes with Old Bay remoulade, mahogany chicken, beef carving station, steamed broccoli and carrots, and parmesan risotto.
    The entire service staff tending to us was so responsive, kind, and positive. They checked in on us frequently, assisting with set up to bring our vision to life, hunting down a nice podium for our ceremony readings, refilling our glasses and getting us drinks from the bar during the reception. Truly lovely. We felt so pampered.
    The Power House was an excellent spot for us. Perfect size for our guest count. We had the ceremony on the first floor, cocktail hour on the second floor, and dinner/dancing on the third floor. They recently renovated, both in the hotel and in the Power House, to reflect a nautical/Annapolis theme. The brick and big windows of the Power House remain the most beautiful element of the space. Looking forward to getting some great pictures back soon!
    We would recommend this venue to others! We were able to have a stress-free wedding because of the wonderful staff. We loved being within walking distance for historic downtown Annapolis, where we've had many a date :). We had plenty of beautiful photo opportunities, especially having our first look at the State House.
    TLDR; Shannon and the service team at the Hotel Annapolis were amazing and accommodating. Our wedding day was flawless. This was the perfect event space, food, and geographic location for us as a couple to host our wedding celebration. 10/10, would recommend!
    Madeline Married on 10/22/2017
    We just had our wedding reception at the Loews last month. We used their Powerhouse building and had the most unique and wonderful experience that left our guests raving. The staff was pampering, attentive, accommodating, and all around top quality. We worked with Holly Greve until her retirement, and then worked with Rosemary Whelan, who seamlessly took control of our event. They took care of everything we needed to and I would choose them again in a heartbeat. They hosted our crazy family for the weekend and gave us great cocktails (including a custom cocktail my guests demanded the recipe for), delicious food I want to go back and order, and gorgeous accommodations in the heart of the city. I would really recommend letting the Loews Annapolis handle your special event.
  • Hannah
    Hannah Married on 07/08/2017
    I could not think of a better venue for our wedding. Growing up in Annapolis I always dreamed of a nautical themed wedding downtown Annapolis. My husband and I looked at over 10 venues between Philadelphia (where we currently live) and Annapolis. Holly Greve was the only person at any of these venues that asked us about our story and wanted to get to know us as a couple before trying to sell us on the location. Holly was a huge reason why we chose the Loews. From the first initial meeting until the end of our wedding Holly and her team were there accommodating any need or request I ever had. The Loews is the best hotel in town. Every detail we had planned with Holly was executed perfectly. The next day they had everything packed up waiting for us to take it away. I can't say enough about the Loews, Holly Greve, and her team.

The only hiccup my family and I encountered was that we knew we had a dollar minimum to hit but we didn't realize until later that the minimum did not include tax which ended up being another $5k or so. Re-reading the contract it is stated but not clearly.
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 05/20/2017
    Holly at the Loews Annapolis Hotel is a class act. She was on point and very detail oriented when helping us plan our wedding reception at the Loews. Holly and her staff went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend very special. They accommodated every last minute request and the food for the reception was delicious! Thank you Holly and team!
    Carol Married on 10/01/2016
    I don't know where to start. Holly!!! She is one amazing woman, she was always there for guidance,asking questions, whatever it took for her to create your dream reception. My daughter was amazed at how everything turned out. My husband and I are still receiving compliments on the most beautiful, best reception they had ever attended. I did not hire a wedding planner and Holly stepped right into the role of helper along with all her other duties, no matter the question or when I called her the response was immediate. It was a little pricey but we definitely got what we paid for!! I would recommend this venue to anyone. Holly is amazing. You can't go wrong here. Thank you Holly and your staff!!!!!
    Katelyn Married on 06/11/2016
    I cannot say enough about how wonderful the entire staff at Loew's was for our wedding weekend! We held our cocktail hour in the Atrium, our reception in the Ballroom and held a brunch there the next morning. Holly, the wedding coordinator is absolutely amazing and helped me make the whole weekend a dream come true! Tons of our guests said the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding!
    Christy Married on 04/16/2016
    Our wedding on April 16, 2016 went off without a single hitch, and it is all thanks to the Loews' wonderful fairy godmother/catering manager Holly Greve! I planned our wedding long distance, and Holly was always prompt in responding via email and in answering any questions I had. She coordinated with all our vendors, ensuring everyone got set up and knew when they were supposed to be there. Holly truly went above and beyond; she allowed my bridesmaids to have their Rent the Runway dresses shipped to her office and accepted my mother's last minute floral order addition (three large boxes of flowers and vases) without batting an eye. This woman is also a mind reader-she must have known I didn't care for the chairs provided, so she had a different style brought over from one of the meeting rooms, and must have known that my fiance and I were never going to agree on a signature drink, so she graciously suggested having both. She even went over to the hotel bar to round up any lingering wedding guests as our cocktail hour kicked off. I could go on and on about Holly, but ultimately, she is a true seasoned professional who made our wedding the most perfect day.
    The Loews was a wonderful venue. The Powerhouse is a three story building across from the hotel lobby, with a floor for cocktail hour, another for dinner, and another for dancing. Factor in slightly higher decor costs as you must decorate three separate spaces but let me assure you, it's all money well spent and our guests liked the "progressive dinner" feel. The food was incredible; we had guests coming up to say it was not only the best wedding food they've ever had, but some of the best food they've had, period!
    Bottom line- we had an incredible wedding experience with the Loews, and Holly Greve alone would make it worth your while. I wouldn't change a thing.
  • User2574130 2+ years ago
    My wedding on April 9, 2016 was everything that I wanted it to be. I wouldn't have changed one thing about it. Holly Greve is astounding, and she will make sure that your day goes off without a hitch. She is the reason that we booked the Loews, and she and her team are the reason that our day was perfect.

Pros (in no particular order)
    --Holly Greve, your personal event/catering manager. Seriously, she is amazing.
    --THE FOOD IS DELICIOUS. Your guests will leave completely satisfied.
    --The space: the hotel is gorgeous, the ballroom is spacious, and the overnight accommodations are comfortable and incredible.
    --You get a separate cocktail hour room and a separate ballroom. The cocktail room then gives your guests a place to escape the loud music once dancing starts. (The rooms are back-to-back/share a wall, so guests can easily move back and forth.) This also helps keep the bar and non-dinner food separate away from the craziness that the ballroom becomes once dancing starts.
    --Buses can pull up right in front of the hotel if you are providing transportation to the ceremony.
    --Location: After the reception is over, you are in the heart of downtown, so you can continue your party at a local bar
    --BAROAK: If you want to continue your party without traveling too far, there is a restaurant/bar in the hotel.

Cons
    --Pricey, but for downtown Annapolis it wasn't any costlier than the other venues of a similar size, and we preferred the layout, venue space, and packages compared to the other venues (personal preference)

The Loews was incredible. You cannot go wrong with the Loews and with Holly. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars.
    Joy Married on 05/02/2015
    Where do I even begin??
    In the days before our wedding, a very unstable environment settled over Baltimore as demonstrations and protests brought our beautiful city to its knees. Our original wedding venue (correctly) decided with a heavy heart to cancel our event out of concern for the safety of our guests and vendors. What was a bride to do?? With my head spinning, I started cold-calling venues immediately. Our DJ then made the fateful recommendation that we contact the Loews Annapolis Hotel.

Mind you, the wedding was only 4 days away and we needed a brand new ceremony space, reception venue and rehearsal dinner space. When I first spoke with Michael (director of catering), I was so surprised to hear him invite me out to examine the premises to make sure it was what I wanted. At this point, I figured what I wanted had to be thrown out the window -- I was prepared to accept anything that was available! We walked through all of the available spaces, he poured me some wine to calm my nerves and sent me home with enough information to share with my fiance and my parents to make a sound decision.

And then I met Holly. Brides -- if you could have one critical individual in your planning process, you need a Holly in your life! I knew INSTANTLY that I was in good, experienced hands when she didn't even bat an eyelash at the thought of putting together a wedding in a matter of days. She made our day even more memorable than what I had originally planned! Holly was the true brains behind the operation. She and her staff kept the day running like clockwork; she coordinated with my vendors and gave them completely new itineraries and instructions without my involvement. She kept the groomsmen in line :)

The compliments were endless -- I made absolutely certain to remind each guest that none of this would have been possible without the true dedication to customer satisfaction and service by the staff at the Loews. We are forever grateful and indebted to you.
    Kelly Married on 04/18/2015
    We absolutely loved having our reception at the Loews. Working with the coordinator, Holly Greve, was fun and easy and she really went above and beyond every step of the way. The hotel itself is gorgeous, the food was amazing, and the service was beyond exceptional. After our wedding, we had so many guests comment on the venue. Many of them said that the hotel really made us feel like we were the only ones there and that we were their top priority. All of the food and drinks were delicious and everything just ran really smoothly. We couldn't have asked for a better venue!
    Elizabeth Married on 10/04/2014
    Loews Annapolis couldn't have been a better choice for my wedding reception. I was initially hesitant to have a hotel wedding reception, but this venue exceeded all expectations. The hotel has just been remodeled, so the reception site and Atrium looked awesome. I especially loved the nautical decor of the hotel, and the sails and outdoor feel in the Atrium (where we had cocktail hour). The wedding coordinator of the Loews, Holly Greve, is absolutely amazing. She was available anytime from start to finish to answer all questions and do everything possible to make my wedding vision come true. She truly went above and beyond in every aspect of the wedding and made planning an out-of-town wedding such a breeze for my mom and I. She set up the venue perfectly, had wonderful suggestions and ideas, and accommodated all of my requests. The bridal suite at the Loews is also a fabulous place to get ready with the bridesmaids, and Holly even set it up for my husband and I to have dinner together alone on the balcony before the reception began.

The entire staff of the Loews were also amazing, friendly, and accommodating for all of the guests. Everyone was very pleased with the customer service they received. The catering staff was also superb!! The food was out of this world, and every guest commented about the "best wedding food they've ever had." We had about 200 guests so I was expected delays with the dancing because of the amount of people needed to be served, but the wait staff was extremely quick and everyone had their hot food right away.

Overall I cannot say enough great things about this venue and it's amazing staff. You will surely have the wedding of your dreams at the Loews Annapolis!!!
  • User1775081 2+ years ago
    Holly Greve is a dream come true!! Everything from start to finish was superb. Holly had everything organized from start to finish. I never had to worry about a thing. What more could a bride ask for? I am so happy that we picked this venue for our reception. It is gorgeous, the staff is wonderful, and the food was great. I was definitely a happy bride.
    Maria Married on 05/26/2013
    We just had our wedding and reception at the Loews Annapolis Hotel. We loved it... The staff are amazing all geared to costumer service. The wedding coordinator Holly Greve is amazing, she helped from start to finish and made our so special.
    We would recommend the Loews Annapolis Hotel anytime. If you like great costumer service, great location and awesome staff, Loews Annapolis Hotel is the place to go.
    WE LOVE IT THERE!!
    Bethany Married on 11/24/2012
    This hotel is amazing! I couldn't recommend a better place to host any event! The service we received as well as all of our guest was second to none. Holly Greve and her staff made us feel like we were the only ones at the hotel. I can't thank them enough for making our wedding everything we imagined and more!
    Alison Married on 10/27/2012
    I cannot even begin to express how utterly pleased we were with the attentive service we received from the entire Loews staff, especially Wedding Coordinator, Holly Greve.

From the very beginning of our wedding planning process, Holly walked us through every step and provided superb expertise when helping us plan every detail from decor to menu to bar selections. She helped guide our vendor rental process for linens, chairs and chargers. She truly turned our wedding vision into a reality. She truly listened to us, our requests, our ideas and made them come true. It sounds cliche, but when I saw everything set up for the very first time, I nearly started to cry because it was so perfect and beautiful.

Working with Holly is a dream. We didn't have a DOC or event stylist because we didn't need one thanks to her. The entire hotel staff catered to every need and took care of not just us and our families, but all of our guests. It was a perfect weekend and that is largely in part due to Holly, her staff and the rest of the Loews Annapolis Hotel employees. I cannot say enough good things about them and recommend them to everyone who is looking for a reception venue in the Annapolis area. The stress of wedding planning will evaporate once you book Loews Hotel!
  • lisa
    Lisa Married on 10/15/2011
    I can't recommend the Loews Annapolis Hotel enough!!! Holly made the whole experience easy to manage, it was everything that I wanted for my wedding reception, and the whole staff made me feel special on my wedding day!!!!