Horseshoe Bay Resort Weddings Reviews

Horseshoe Bay Resort Weddings 2
Horseshoe Bay Resort Weddings 3
Horseshoe Bay Resort Weddings 4

Erin · Married on 11/07/2015

I had my wedding ceremony and wedding reception at Horseshoe Bay Resort in early November 2015. As my now-husband and I don't live right nearby the resort, we relied on email and phone communication for much of the planning process, and our coordinator Paige Herbert, was phenomenal! She always kept me in the loop and did whatever was necessary to make me feel at ease with all decisions made. I had a lot of questions and she was always patient, kind and more-than-willing to help. The week before our wedding, a nasty weather forecast threatened our entirely outdoor event, and Paige worked with me on back-up plans at-length until I was fully satisfied and would have been fine had it been outside or inside. Day-of, Paige was a rock star. She was incredibly attentive and included me in every decision and change of plan that became necessary. We ended up having our ceremony outdoors on the beach and our reception inside the Yacht Club Ballroom. The entire staff really went above and beyond to make our back-up space beautiful. I truly appreciate the care, effort and attentiveness that was put in. All my guests raved about everything from the venue to the food and we're so pleased. Horseshoe Bay is a gorgeous resort that boasts so many different venues for anyone's big day - both indoor and outdoor. I'm truly grateful to have had my wedding there.

Sent on 12/11/2015

We had nearly 150 guests from all over the U.S. and Ireland attending a weekend filled with 7 different events - all held at Horseshoe Bay Resort. You can gauge the service level but everything that went right, but I think a better gauge is the staff's reaction when everything goes wrong. In this case, many of these 7 events were to be held outside (which we had planned down to the minute detail for over a year). When torrential rain and flooding nixed that plan, we collectively moved into over-drive to help give my daughter the wedding of her dreams. I can truly say that Rachel Harris and her colleague Rachel the banquet manager did everything possible to make that happen. I am a very particular MOB and had very specific requests. They continued to work with me on alternatives until I was satisfied. All my special requests were filled. The attitude was to say "yes" or "let's figure out how we can make that happen" instead of "no." Our guests had a fabulous time and my daughter told me the next day that "rain or shine - it still exceeded her dreams." As a mother that is all you ever want to hear. The biggest issue we had was getting people to leave at the end of each of the events. I would say that is a very good problem to have. I cannot thank the two Rachels enough for the personal service they provided and for helping to make this special weekend filled with memories we will cherish forever.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Diane · Married on 04/05/2014

The team there was great, they made the planning easy. Very responsive. It was a beautiful experience!!!

Sent on 04/07/2014

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Marriott and the food and service is phenomenal!! They did an excellent job! They also helped with shuttling our guests between the hotel, the church at horseshoe bay, and quail point. They were very professional and went above and beyond to help make our weekend special.

Sent on 03/06/2013

heather · Married on 04/07/2012

The staff at the HSB Resort were fabulous! They took care of every detail, which made my wedding day relaxing!

Sent on 06/27/2012

Katherine · Married on 03/05/2011

LOVE this venue! We had our ceremony outside on the Yacht Club Lawn (right on Lake LBJ) and it was so beautiful! We had to move our reception inside due to cold temps (which I was originally bummed about), but it ended up being lovely indoors. The staff was courteous & attentive and the food was AMAZING. Everyone was raving about it! Totally exceeded our expectations. Our wedding coordinator, Jill, was wonderful to work with. She was extremely organized and kept me calm throughout the entire planning process and, most importantly, on the actual wedding day. I can't say enough nice things about both Horseshoe Bay Resort and our coordinator. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 03/21/2011
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/17/2009

Everything at the Horseshoe Bay Marriott was amazing! Our friends & family were there from out of town and had plenty of time to experience the resort - they all raved about the fun activities and the quality of service from the staff. The concierge recommended a winery for our bridesmaids outing the day before the wedding, and it was a great experience for everybody. We had our ceremony at the Yacht Club Lawn and Reception in the YC Ballroom. There were two other weddings going on the same night, but we never crossed paths and had no disruptions or confusion thanks to the resort staff. Many of our guests said that the food at our reception was the best they'd ever had at a wedding! During our reception, many different staff members approached us to check in and make sure everything was going well. They arranged for sparklers & a "getaway car" at the end of the night, and we received special amenities in our room during our three nights there. EVERYONE at the resort was fabulous and we are so happy that we chose such an amazing location for our wedding!

Sent on 11/04/2009

Maria · Married on 10/17/2009

Gracious coordinators and staff along with the beautiful venues will make your day perfect. My husband and I will be return for our anniversary.

Sent on 06/05/2010
  • Z

Kristin · Married on 07/02/2009

The staff at Horseshoe Bay were extremely helpful. They had everything planned out which made it a stress free day for me.

Sent on 12/07/2009

Jennifer · Married on 06/20/2009

We rented one of the sites that Horseshoe Bay offers. Our wedding was videotaped with a beautiful waterfall in the background. This site is at hole #14 on the golf course and our wedding was at sunset so there were no golfers,
    only us and the minister.

Sent on 07/21/2009

Christopher · Married on 06/28/2008

We had an overall terrific experience.

Sent on 01/13/2009

Kellye · Married on 06/28/2008

Horseshoe Bay was top notch to work with. They helped me plan my stay and reception for my wedding. My reception was on the yacht and he personnel could not have been more knowledgeable or fun. The day was better than I imagined. Also, the food was plentiful and awesome. The recommendations for cakes, florists were top notch as well.

The only small glitch that I encountered was booking "The Waters" It took a couple of months for someone to get with me to confirm the rooms. They turned out to be a perfect choice for me and my guests. I would recommend this resort to everyone!

Sent on 01/12/2009

Marina · Married on 10/27/2018

Excellent!

I had a magical wedding at Horseshoe Bay, and multiple friends told me that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. They made my husband and I feel like superstars. Vildan was absolutely incredible in helping with the planning process, and everything went extremely smoothly on the day-of because of her. Every single detail was just perfect. She was extremely accommodating, responsive to emails, and met all of our random requests (and wed had a TON of random requests...). Jessica also helped coordinate everything, and was extremely on top of it and detail oriented (even while on maternity leave -- that's dedication!) The venue is gorgeous, was recently renovated, and is full of fun activities for guests. The food, accommodations, ballroom, and ceremony location were excellent. My only piece of constructive feedback was that it was difficult for many guests to book their rooms. The booking process was confusing. Different front desk staff would pick up the phone and would be confused about our wedding discounted price and whether we had rooms available on our room block. Also -- online booking seemed to be cheaper in many instances than booking over the phone with our discounted price. I believe HSB is currently working on this. Overall, I was over the moon and SO glad I booked at Horseshoe Bay. It's a little pricey, but absolutely worth it. It was the best day of my life.

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 04/17/2015

Our video at HSB: https://vimeo.com/136157158

Okay - it's expensive - but goodness gracious it is GORGEOUS! They have everything available that you need & as they told us over & over "they can make anything happen!" The grounds are incredible, the hotel is beautiful & the views are amazing. We chose the Magnolia Lawn (the most $$, but most beautiful ceremony location - it was an added $2.5k) & Lakeside Grill/Azalea Lawn for our reception (min. $10k in food/beverage expense required, this does not include sales tax/add ons). The FOOD IS OUTSTANDING! People walked away saying the beef medallions was the best piece of meat they have ever eaten.

We planned an outdoor reception/ceremony for 2 years. Guess what...it POURED on our wedding day & we had to move everything inside. Our coordinator from the resort knew how much I didn't want the ceremony moved inside to the Travertine Conference room (great for a conference room, not very pretty for a wedding ceremony). We waited until around noon the day of (Ceremony started at 6:30pm) to make the decision to bring it inside (because I waited - we were charged an extra $500 for delaying the move - which is fine). But, thank goodness we had chosen Lakeside grill for our reception & had only 80 guests b/c the coordinator was able to squeeze us under the covered patio of the Lakeside Grill! This made everything thing worth it.

We chose to add string lights (w/30% tax about $1000+) over the reception spot. We didn't use the lights because of the rain, but we were still charged because we committed to it - same goes for the ceremony spot we paid an extra $2500 for. So know when it is on the contract - you are committed whether it happens or not! It was still SO worth it though!

The only thing about HSB resort - you are paying an added 22% hotel tax + the 8% sales tax on every thing (other than alcohol - on alcohol you only pay the 8%)...the expenses add up quickly! It was beautiful & they made it so EASY/stress-free!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/18/2014

This is an absolute stunning location for a wedding. Our wedding was a fairytale come true! The landscaping and location is gorgeous. The staff working the event were professional and timely.

Sent on 12/03/2014

CJ · Married on 11/01/2008

3.5

The service was fantastic, the food was delicious and the guests loved the hotel rooms and amenities. Beautiful!

Sent on 01/14/2009
  • Lizzie

Lizzie · Married on 09/09/2017

We knew we wanted to have our wedding at HSB after our first visit. The venue is gorgeous and very accommodating. It felt like a destination wedding and was very intimate!

Sent on 12/07/2017
    Horseshoe Bay Resort Weddings 5
    Horseshoe Bay Resort Weddings 6
    Horseshoe Bay Resort Weddings 7
    Horseshoe Bay Resort Weddings 8

Erin · Married on 05/17/2008

The location was beautiful, and the staff was exceptionally helpful. Sandra, the coordinator was incredibly responsive, organized and helpful. The rest of the staff was also great. The food was better than average. My ceremony was outside on the Lakeside Lawn, and the reception was inside the Yacht Club. Although my reception was originally supposed to be outside, the possibility of rain forced us to move it inside. However, the staff worked overtime to make sure I would be able to have my dream ceremony outside by the lake, which I did! They also ran my shuttle from the Marriott to the venue, which ran perfectly without complaint.

Sent on 08/31/2008

Katherine · Married on 11/29/2008

4.2
      3.0

Horseshoe Bay was amazing. They took care of all the little details a normal bride would have to worry about herself!

Sent on 01/12/2009

Janlyn · Married on 10/11/2008

3.0

The perfect scenario for a small, intimate wedding. The beautiful setting combined with the high level of service provided by the staff make Horseshoe Bay Resort a great value. They handle everything for you and really make you feel special on your wedding day.

Sent on 01/15/2009

1.6
      1.5

After visiting a few places we decided to choose HSB for a November wedding. Shelley, was our point of contact. She was slow full with her response and was always out of the office when we needed to speak with her. I brought this to her attention at the beginning of signing she assured me things would change. Being we loved the venue we continued with them. However, now it's just a few months before the wedding and we're expecting a new addition to our family so we've decided to forego the wedding. We've paid more than half the contract and, HSB expects us to pay up until September, even though we are canceling early July. Also keep in mind she was not available the week we reached out to her to let her know our change of plans. My suggestion is save yourself the trouble. Go with Vintage Villas or Lakeway if you'd like a wedding on the water, or even Terra Dorna (Tom and Dory are very pleasant) for a picturesque scene. Last my in laws were in charge of the rehearsal dinner they went to HSB to speak with Shelley, whom of course was not available, she never reached out to them, and when they went to book their hotel rooms, they received only a $5 discount, instead of the price outlined in the contract. Overall 2 thumbs down and we are very unhappy with the quality of service received.

Sent on 07/14/2016

Jillien · Married on 10/10/2010

1.2
      2.0

AWFUL experience, I still cry when I see other weddings on TV or hear about them because of the horrible experience I had, thanks to Horseshoe Bay. Our wedding planner that they provided did not care at all about us... she was incognito for about 2 weeks before the wedding when I had the important last minute questions because of a family incident which is fine, but she NEVER put anyone else in charge. Our "rehearsal" she basically said "ok meet here tomorrow at this time, and I will be available at this time." We had to stay and practice on our own. The time that she said she would be available was a lie, we couldn't get a hold of her to get a place to hang our dresses or anything. She FINALLY showed up late and asked the girls, after their makeup and hair was done, to help her. Then made me go out and show her the line up again because she lost the paper. So I was not able to get my portraits in time...

Everything had to be on an EXACT schedule, to the point where the photographer missed our cake cutting because it had to be done to the second. I broke my toe, yes with x-rays, because they had a metal umbrella stand (4 to be exact) in an unlit area on the patio and I hit it while going to the bathroom, 100% sober.

PLEASE be careful if you decide to have your wedding here... beautiful but not worth the heartache and pain.

Sent on 03/30/2011
  • Vicki

Vicki · Married on 07/29/2017

0.5

Our event coordinator would take forever to get back to us with questions we had. We had to call transportation directly to get answers. They quoted us a less price than she gave us and she basically told me it is what it is. The worst part was when she didn't show up to the rehearsal. I called and she never answered, so we started it without her. Afterwards, she called and told me she was at the venue. Long story short, I was misinformed of the ceremony venue name. She told me that I was at the wrong venue and if I wanted to switch it I would have to pay an additional amount. This was the night before the wedding!!! Needless to say, I went Bridezilla on her!!! Not a good experience. I will say that the room blocks went very smoothly and I was responded to very quickly with any questions.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/19/2008

0.0

We were overcharged for everything, everything from the menu to the cost changed, we could never get a straight answer from anyone. Our plans at the beginning were totally different in the end. The wedding planner there quit and left a very rude woman in charge. They would send a overview of what the costs would be one day and the next day they would be totally different. My wedding was gorgeous, but if I would have known all of the horrible trouble that we went through with these people we would have never EVER had our wedding there.

Sent on 10/17/2008