Horning's Hideout Reviews

Horning's Hideout 5
Horning's Hideout 6
Horning's Hideout 7

Kimberly · Married on 08/05/2018

Horning's Hideout is a beautiful place for a wedding. The Lakeside area turned out to be my favorite spot! Fearing that the fishermen on the lake would be loud or obnoxious kids would take over the sounds of my ceremony...none of that happened! I didnt even notice any of that! It was green! It was peaceful! It was perfect! Having the lake in view was beautiful. The flowers and trees made it a perfect Oregon wedding! Thank you!!

• Eliana

Eliana · Married on 08/05/2018

Beautiful Horning's Hideout

We fell in love with Horning's Hideout about four years ago when we slung up some hammocks in the trees and danced away the weekend to bluegrass music at Northwest String Summit. Every time we step foot on those grounds we feel the love and vibrate in the magic. It was very important to us that our friends and family experience this special venue. The owner, Bob Horning, made the entire process seamless, affordable, and so enjoyable. The forest at Horning's is a beauty that is almost indescribable, and we feel incredibly blessed to have our wedding in such an amazing place.

Horning's Hideout 8
    Horning's Hideout 9
    Horning's Hideout 10

Katie · Married on 06/29/2018

Honesty I wouldn’t change a thing about this venue and the service that came with. Bob was very accommodating as we figured out how many guests would attend and where we wanted to places things. He came during the rehearsal to make sure we had what we needed and came the morning after the wedding came to pick up chairs and such with a smile on his face as music was still playing from the night before. Such an easy and sweet place to get married. If I could change one thing it would have been to have a wireless microphone for speaches but that’s it. Horning’s hideout 10/10!

Horning's Hideout 11

Michael · Married on 06/23/2018

My wife and I had our wedding here in June, and it was more than we could ever hope for. The venue is gorgeous, with different locations available within the same site. We opted for the lakeside venue, and it could not have been more perfect. Bob was super awesome to work with and very flexible. One of the things we loved was having control over what vendors we used for food and alcohol, as well as having the option to add seats closer to the date of the wedding as your guest list becomes clearer. This is definitely the place to get hitched!

Horning's Hideout 12
    Horning's Hideout 13
    Horning's Hideout 14
    Horning's Hideout 15

Lucia · Married on 06/16/2018

Absolutely beautiful maintained grounds at a reasonable price. We were very happy with the Creekside and would recommend this venue (and area) to anyone planning their wedding or any event! You cannot go wrong here and Bob is a pleasure to coordinate with!

Shayla · Married on 06/10/2018

Horning's Hideout was a DREAM to get married in! Bob was extremely helpful and truly cares about his couples. I got married in June and the rain was huge part of the day, the covered area was perfect for my guests. Bob went above and beyond and even drove me (the bride) in his golf cart so I could be hidden from my guests and not get too wet.
    Horning's Hideout is truly magical and a breath of fresh air. A wedding venue that doesn't feel like a wedding factory. 10/10 would recommend!

Horning's Hideout 16
    Horning's Hideout 17
    Horning's Hideout 18
    Horning's Hideout 19

Michaela · Married on 05/27/2018

Hornings Hideout was an amazing venue! It was perfect for our wedding and the owners are wonderful to work with!

Nicole · Married on 05/26/2018

My husband and I got married at Horning's Hideout in May. It's a fantastic location and great if you want a woodsy wedding. Bob Horning (owner) is very fast at responding to emails. We loved him so much we had him be the pastor to our wedding. The location is very reasonably priced (I looked at a ton) and none compare to the natural beauty, flexibility, and time you get at your location. I recommend the creekside venue for fantastic pictures.

Horning's Hideout 20
    Horning's Hideout 21
    Horning's Hideout 22
    Horning's Hideout 23
  • User6119331 · 2+ years ago

My wedding has not happened yet, but so far, Bob has been easy to work with, and extremely flexible and responsive. We are getting married at the Lakeside site, which is very beautiful, and has lots of space. I love the fact that we get our space for 23 hours. For what we get, I feel like the venue is a very good value. I will update once the wedding actually happens!

Justin · Married on 09/24/2016

Incredible value. Access to your site for 24 hours. Bring your own food/alcohol service or have a friend. If you enjoy the DIY option, this is the place for you. The free-range peacocks will tie it all together!

Heather · Married on 09/24/2016

This place is fantastic, and Bob Horning is a remarkable owner/operator/vendor. After searching for an "ethereal" type setting in Hood River, Mollala, and Dundee, Horning's Hideout fit the bill perfectly. We had the Creekside area, and towering trees and a little creek provided us with the dream location.
    Three out of four of our other vendors had worked here previously, and were happy to be back. Despite having two other weddings the same day, we couldn't hear or see anyone from the other parties without walking at least 150 yards and peering across a large pond and through the trees on the opposite side. Privacy is essentially guaranteed.
    We were concerned about rain the day of the ceremony (Sat) and reserved a Very large tent ( 30' x 70'). On Wednesday before the ceremony, we called Bob as asked his opinion, and he said the tent was probably twice what we needed considering the side of the covered area at the site. After talking with Bob about the forecast, we decided to cancel the tent and get three propane party heaters instead. The weather was beautiful and clear, but that night got a little chilly. We could have provided more heat, but Bob's input was first class.
    Bob gets two thumbs up and all A's from us! :)

Erika · Married on 07/09/2016

Horning's Hideout is such a beautiful spot to get married. We chose the lakeside location, which was the perfect size for our 160 count guest list. We had a last minute rain scare, and when I was unable to find a tent to rent from any of the companies in town, Bob took time out of his busy day to pull some strings and get us a tent to cover all of our guests. That's top notch customer service! We enjoyed every aspect of working with this awesome vendor.

We had epic times at Horning's Hideout for a couple of festivals, but having our wedding there was absolutely amazing! Bob Horning is great. A beautiful setting!

Michelle · Married on 08/23/2015

We were married in August 2015 at the Creekside location. If you're considering an outdoor wedding near Portland, definitely take the drive out to meet Bob and tour his beautiful venue. It is immediately obvious how much pride Bob and his team take in maintaining and enhancing an incredible piece of property. The creekside ceremony location, surrounded by tall evergreens along an idyllic creek was like something out of a fairy tale. We truly felt like we were in the middle of the woods, despite being in one of 3 wedding spots on the property - we couldn't hear any of the other weddings going on, it felt extremely private. The newly updated dressing cabin is perfect for getting ready and kept cool because of the forested location, even in the heat of August. If you have a wedding with a lot of young children in the guest list, the Creekside spot is perfect - we had almost 30 children and they were able to run wild (but in clear sight of parents) in the large lawn and hills that are part of the rental space. It was perfect and I believe let a lot of parents stay later than they expected - the kids were entertained! The covered area was very clean and well maintained - it didn't feel like a picnic spot, it was definitely a pristine outdoor pavilion. The concrete floor was smooth enough to dance on w/o shoes.

Bob was amazing - I don't know how he does it - every small question I sent in email or phone was answered usually within 2 hours if not sooner. Once you meet him, you'll wonder how he does such a great job at keeping in touch - he's constantly on the go in the golf cart on the property, keeping tabs on every detail. He was always warm and welcoming and never seemed stressed or annoyed at even the smallest question.

Finally, the location is perfect - close enough to Portland that our guests could still drive home in the evening, and there are plenty of hotels only a few minutes away in Hillsboro for those who don't want to camp.

I am so glad we found Horning's Hideout. We got married on the Stage area and we have been told over and over that this was the funnest wedding our guests had ever been too. A huge part of why we chose this location was the camping option. It allowed us to enjoy our special day without getting cut off! What a beautiful, laid-back environment. It was perfect.

• Mara

Mara · Married on 07/13/2014

Horning's Hideout is truly a hidden gem of a venue. Bob is wonderful to work with and is very helpful with questions. The sites are beautiful and give you great value for money. The Creekside site where we had our wedding is gorgeous, and now that it has the expanded covered area, it is perfect for any weather Oregon can throw at you. I highly recommend making the drive out to check this place out, you won't be disappointed.

Roshny · Married on 06/21/2014

We had our wedding on Saturday June 21st 2014. We used the Creekside area and loved everything about it. My husband fell in love with the place at first sight and after all was said and done, I was head over heels for this venue as well... not to mention they have some of the most beautiful wild peacocks I've ever seen! AH!

We have nothing but positive things to say about our experiences here. From day one, we were welcomed and treated with kindness and respect. Bob Horning really knows his business and is incredibly approachable and always willing to help in anyway.

We were lucky enough to secure our date early enough and then 6 weeks or so prior to the event we were told that no other wedding would be held there the Friday before so we were able to set up before we had expected. We did our rehearsal Thursday, light set-up on Friday, event/wedding Saturday, and clean-up on Sunday. We were very fortunate to have this available to us as I am incredibly type-A about these things and everything came out perfect... better than I expected really.

The renovations that they did on this area were beyond belief! The new awning is perfect and HUGE! We have more than enough space for everything we want to do.. and the nice thing was that if it had rained on our wedding day, we could've easily set up all 14-16 tables (10 people at each table) that we had wanted to set up underneath there.

Everything was so perfect and magical. We couldn't have found a more perfect place especially since we were trying to give our many out-of-town guests the true Oregon experience, with all the green and tall trees, that we wanted to give them.

Horning's hideout is also incredibly affordable. We walked away with a bill that was less than $2900 and that's after we added 105 more chairs. Unreal!

Thank you for this place Bob! We couldn't have asked for a better location for us and hope that future couples love it just as much as we did.

Roshny and Ricky Martuscelli

Alison · Married on 10/12/2013

Our wedding was perfect and more incredible than we could have ever could have expected. Our wedding was fully outside in mid Oct so we were gambling a bit but Bob was great and supportive through the whole process. He worked with an outside rental company to get us a tent for all of our guests and helped us decide on the placement of it to allow for the best flow (and for us to save a little money, which is refreshing in the wedding industry). In the days leading up the wedding he was very responsive to even the silliest of questions and was around on the day of to continue to answer them.

During our wedding we had some trouble with a bus company that we hired to bring our guests out. The driver did not want to drive down the hill and Bob went up there and talked to him and supported us through the whole ordeal, above and beyond for sure!

This is a great spot and I am excited to go back and visit and relive our wonderful day!

Lacey Rose · Married on 09/14/2013

We just had the best day of our life and we owe a lot of it to Horning's Hideout! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding experience!! Everyone who sees photos posted asks where the pictures were taken, commenting on the beauty of the property. All of the crew went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. It was nice to see the owner's face throughout the day making himself available when we had questions. I couldn't imagine the amount of work they must do while still being available by phone and email quickly for all us demanding wedding planners. We were lucky that there weren't weddings surrounding ours, so they let us set up early and clean up late with no extra charge and acting like it was no inconvenience to them. All the crew made me think that anything we needed was of the highest priority. Some other great reasons we chose Horning's Hideout: We were able to have a live band, our DJ could play all night as long as the music was turned down at a reasonable hour, we get the site for 24 hours so no kicking everyone out at 9 or 10, we had private camping so people didn't have to drive late or drunk, we could roast two pigs on site, the ceremony site and the reception site were different places, they handled all the table and chair rentals at a reasonable price, lots of electricity, clean bathrooms, free parking. I could go on! It was so nice to have such a comfortable experience on our wedding day, like we got married in our parent's back yard.

Lanette · Married on 08/10/2013

Horning's Hideout was exactly the right venue for us. It was beautiful, rustic and relaxing. Bob Horning was fantastic to work with. Asking us the right questions and making sure the day went off without a hitch. So grateful to have found this venue!

Sasha · Married on 09/01/2012

My husband and I got married on September 1st at Hornings Hideout lakeside area. We had originally scoped it out and reserved our spot in January. The space is beautiful, there is a lot to work with. A nice covered area with tables, chairs,a grill, a dance floor, and plenty of electrical outlets. There is a small lawn next to it where we set up some games. There is a nice small waterfall, a little pond, and the beautiful lake. There are also some very nice, clean tiled bathrooms. That was a nice surprise, I thought there would just be porta potties. I'm sure my grandmother was glad too. They provided a large (canvas?) tent that my friends and I got dressed in.
    Bob was wonderful to work with. The week leading up to the wedding I had lots of questions about random things that I couldn't remember. I would email him and he would get back to me within minutes. They set up signs at the location to direct our guests where to go. He checked in on us multiple times to make sure things were going smoothly, and even brought us his ladder to use since we forgot ours.
    We had a wonderful wedding day. The expense seemed very reasonable considering everything that we got. Not having to worry about tables, chairs, and linens was really nice. I also knew that if it did happen to rain, Bob would be able to connect us with people to get rain tarps. We had lots of fun decorating the space. We partied into the night. I think about 20 people camped overnight, it was nice to have that option. In the morning we served coffee and pastries and fruit, and took all the decorations down. Bob said we didn't have to rush because there wasn't a wedding that day.
    We had a wonderful experience at Hornings Hideout and I would definitely recommend them:)

Samantha · Married on 07/07/2018

From the moment we reached out through the end of the reception, the Horning family was incredivly responsive and helpful. They had great advice for every aspect of the wedding and went out of their way to help my husband and i figure everything out.

The venue was also offered at an incredibly price and came with a lot. I would definitely recommend reaching out to this venue if you're looking to be married in nature.

Lauren · Married on 08/15/2014

This venue was absolutely beautiful. I am so happy that we chose to get married at Horning's Hideout. Bob Horning was so great to work with, he was very accommodating and flexible with his schedule. We got married in the stage area and it was great, it was like a blank slate that we could make our own. I highly recommend this venue if you are looking to have an amazing outdoor wedding.

• W

William · Married on 06/02/2018

What a beautiful venue. Bob was easy to work with and a lot of fun. If only every part of planning a wedding was as easy as it was setting up this part.