26 Reviews for Horning's Hideout

Event Rentals (1)
Audio Equipment (1)
Lighting (1)
26 Horning's Hideout Reviews

Hornings Hideout was an amazing venue! It was perfect for our wedding and the owners are wonderful to work with!

Profile Picture Michaela, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding has not happened yet, but so far, Bob has been easy to work with, and extremely flexible and responsive. We are getting married at the Lakeside site, which is very beautiful, and has lots of space. I love the fact that we get our space for 23 hours. For what we get, I feel like the venue is a very good value. I will update once the wedding actually happens!

Profile Picture User6119331, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Accommodations, Bridal Suite

Incredible value. Access to your site for 24 hours. Bring your own food/alcohol service or have a friend. If you enjoy the DIY option, this is the place for you. The free-range peacocks will tie it all together!

Profile Picture Justin, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is fantastic, and Bob Horning is a remarkable owner/operator/vendor. After searching for an "ethereal" type setting in Hood River, Mollala, and Dundee, Horning's Hideout fit the bill perfectly. We had the Creekside area, and towering trees and a little creek provided us with the dream location.
Three out of four of our other vendors had worked here previously, and were happy to be back. Despite having two other weddings the same day, we couldn't hear or see anyone from the other parties without walking at least 150 yards and peering across a large pond and through the trees on the opposite side. Privacy is essentially guaranteed.
We were concerned about rain the day of the ceremony (Sat) and reserved a Very large tent ( 30' x 70'). On Wednesday before the ceremony, we called Bob as asked his opinion, and he said the tent was probably twice what we needed considering the side of the covered area at the site. After talking with Bob about the forecast, we decided to cancel the tent and get three propane party heaters instead. The weather was beautiful and clear, but that night got a little chilly. We could have provided more heat, but Bob's input was first class.
Bob gets two thumbs up and all A's from us! :)

Profile Picture Heather, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Linens, Bridal Suite

Horning's Hideout is such a beautiful spot to get married. We chose the lakeside location, which was the perfect size for our 160 count guest list. We had a last minute rain scare, and when I was unable to find a tent to rent from any of the companies in town, Bob took time out of his busy day to pull some strings and get us a tent to cover all of our guests. That's top notch customer service! We enjoyed every aspect of working with this awesome vendor.

Profile Picture Erika, 7/9/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Tables

We had epic times at Horning's Hideout for a couple of festivals, but having our wedding there was absolutely amazing! Bob Horning is great. A beautiful setting!

Profile Picture User4746126, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Covered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables

We were married in August 2015 at the Creekside location. If you're considering an outdoor wedding near Portland, definitely take the drive out to meet Bob and tour his beautiful venue. It is immediately obvious how much pride Bob and his team take in maintaining and enhancing an incredible piece of property. The creekside ceremony location, surrounded by tall evergreens along an idyllic creek was like something out of a fairy tale. We truly felt like we were in the middle of the woods, despite being in one of 3 wedding spots on the property - we couldn't hear any of the other weddings going on, it felt extremely private. The newly updated dressing cabin is perfect for getting ready and kept cool because of the forested location, even in the heat of August. If you have a wedding with a lot of young children in the guest list, the Creekside spot is perfect - we had almost 30 children and they were able to run wild (but in clear sight of parents) in the large lawn and hills that are part of the rental space. It was perfect and I believe let a lot of parents stay later than they expected - the kids were entertained! The covered area was very clean and well maintained - it didn't feel like a picnic spot, it was definitely a pristine outdoor pavilion. The concrete floor was smooth enough to dance on w/o shoes.

Bob was amazing - I don't know how he does it - every small question I sent in email or phone was answered usually within 2 hours if not sooner. Once you meet him, you'll wonder how he does such a great job at keeping in touch - he's constantly on the go in the golf cart on the property, keeping tabs on every detail. He was always warm and welcoming and never seemed stressed or annoyed at even the smallest question.

Finally, the location is perfect - close enough to Portland that our guests could still drive home in the evening, and there are plenty of hotels only a few minutes away in Hillsboro for those who don't want to camp.

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/23/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Parking

I am so glad we found Horning's Hideout. We got married on the Stage area and we have been told over and over that this was the funnest wedding our guests had ever been too. A huge part of why we chose this location was the camping option. It allowed us to enjoy our special day without getting cut off! What a beautiful, laid-back environment. It was perfect.

Profile Picture User4636076, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Horning's Hideout is truly a hidden gem of a venue. Bob is wonderful to work with and is very helpful with questions. The sites are beautiful and give you great value for money. The Creekside site where we had our wedding is gorgeous, and now that it has the expanded covered area, it is perfect for any weather Oregon can throw at you. I highly recommend making the drive out to check this place out, you won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Mara, 7/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding on Saturday June 21st 2014. We used the Creekside area and loved everything about it. My husband fell in love with the place at first sight and after all was said and done, I was head over heels for this venue as well... not to mention they have some of the most beautiful wild peacocks I've ever seen! AH!

We have nothing but positive things to say about our experiences here. From day one, we were welcomed and treated with kindness and respect. Bob Horning really knows his business and is incredibly approachable and always willing to help in anyway.

We were lucky enough to secure our date early enough and then 6 weeks or so prior to the event we were told that no other wedding would be held there the Friday before so we were able to set up before we had expected. We did our rehearsal Thursday, light set-up on Friday, event/wedding Saturday, and clean-up on Sunday. We were very fortunate to have this available to us as I am incredibly type-A about these things and everything came out perfect... better than I expected really.

The renovations that they did on this area were beyond belief! The new awning is perfect and HUGE! We have more than enough space for everything we want to do.. and the nice thing was that if it had rained on our wedding day, we could've easily set up all 14-16 tables (10 people at each table) that we had wanted to set up underneath there.

Everything was so perfect and magical. We couldn't have found a more perfect place especially since we were trying to give our many out-of-town guests the true Oregon experience, with all the green and tall trees, that we wanted to give them.

Horning's hideout is also incredibly affordable. We walked away with a bill that was less than $2900 and that's after we added 105 more chairs. Unreal!

Thank you for this place Bob! We couldn't have asked for a better location for us and hope that future couples love it just as much as we did.

Roshny and Ricky Martuscelli

Profile Picture Roshny, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was perfect and more incredible than we could have ever could have expected. Our wedding was fully outside in mid Oct so we were gambling a bit but Bob was great and supportive through the whole process. He worked with an outside rental company to get us a tent for all of our guests and helped us decide on the placement of it to allow for the best flow (and for us to save a little money, which is refreshing in the wedding industry). In the days leading up the wedding he was very responsive to even the silliest of questions and was around on the day of to continue to answer them.

During our wedding we had some trouble with a bus company that we hired to bring our guests out. The driver did not want to drive down the hill and Bob went up there and talked to him and supported us through the whole ordeal, above and beyond for sure!

This is a great spot and I am excited to go back and visit and relive our wonderful day!

Profile Picture Alison , 10/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had the best day of our life and we owe a lot of it to Horning's Hideout! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding experience!! Everyone who sees photos posted asks where the pictures were taken, commenting on the beauty of the property. All of the crew went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. It was nice to see the owner's face throughout the day making himself available when we had questions. I couldn't imagine the amount of work they must do while still being available by phone and email quickly for all us demanding wedding planners. We were lucky that there weren't weddings surrounding ours, so they let us set up early and clean up late with no extra charge and acting like it was no inconvenience to them. All the crew made me think that anything we needed was of the highest priority. Some other great reasons we chose Horning's Hideout: We were able to have a live band, our DJ could play all night as long as the music was turned down at a reasonable hour, we get the site for 24 hours so no kicking everyone out at 9 or 10, we had private camping so people didn't have to drive late or drunk, we could roast two pigs on site, the ceremony site and the reception site were different places, they handled all the table and chair rentals at a reasonable price, lots of electricity, clean bathrooms, free parking. I could go on! It was so nice to have such a comfortable experience on our wedding day, like we got married in our parent's back yard.

Profile Picture Lacey Rose, 9/14/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Horning's Hideout was exactly the right venue for us. It was beautiful, rustic and relaxing. Bob Horning was fantastic to work with. Asking us the right questions and making sure the day went off without a hitch. So grateful to have found this venue!

Profile Picture Lanette, 8/10/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married on September 1st at Hornings Hideout lakeside area. We had originally scoped it out and reserved our spot in January. The space is beautiful, there is a lot to work with. A nice covered area with tables, chairs,a grill, a dance floor, and plenty of electrical outlets. There is a small lawn next to it where we set up some games. There is a nice small waterfall, a little pond, and the beautiful lake. There are also some very nice, clean tiled bathrooms. That was a nice surprise, I thought there would just be porta potties. I'm sure my grandmother was glad too. They provided a large (canvas?) tent that my friends and I got dressed in.
Bob was wonderful to work with. The week leading up to the wedding I had lots of questions about random things that I couldn't remember. I would email him and he would get back to me within minutes. They set up signs at the location to direct our guests where to go. He checked in on us multiple times to make sure things were going smoothly, and even brought us his ladder to use since we forgot ours.
We had a wonderful wedding day. The expense seemed very reasonable considering everything that we got. Not having to worry about tables, chairs, and linens was really nice. I also knew that if it did happen to rain, Bob would be able to connect us with people to get rain tarps. We had lots of fun decorating the space. We partied into the night. I think about 20 people camped overnight, it was nice to have that option. In the morning we served coffee and pastries and fruit, and took all the decorations down. Bob said we didn't have to rush because there wasn't a wedding that day.
We had a wonderful experience at Hornings Hideout and I would definitely recommend them:)

Profile Picture Sasha, 9/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was absolutely beautiful. I am so happy that we chose to get married at Horning's Hideout. Bob Horning was so great to work with, he was very accommodating and flexible with his schedule. We got married in the stage area and it was great, it was like a blank slate that we could make our own. I highly recommend this venue if you are looking to have an amazing outdoor wedding.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Horning's Hideout is the greatest value for your money if you're looking for an outdoor venue. Bob is so easy to work with and just makes everything go smoothly.
Like already mentioned, included in the rental price is an arch, chairs, tables, and tablecloths for your guests. At the lakeside portion, we had 80 chairs and 10 tables. We also had two paddle boats reserved for our guests to use, which was so much fun. Horning's Hideout is a beautiful place I intend to return to again and I highly recommend it for the DIY bride. If you need someone to do everything for you, its probably not your kind of place as you are required to set up all the tables and chairs.

Profile Picture Kelli, 7/11/10, 3 Reviews
4.7

I have always loved hornings hideout, we are avid disc golfers... We thought why not get married at one of our favorite places. Hornings is reasonably priced, very responsive and pretty accommodating. The grounds are gorgeous. I've recommended friends and family a least check it out and add it to their short list of venues to preview. Thanks again Bob

Profile Picture Cassi, 8/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
4.7

The venue was beautiful! I would recommend this wonderful site to anyone looking to have an outdoor wedding.

Profile Picture Courtney , 7/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue! We were at the Creekside location. The grounds are kept up very well and parking is near by. It's so magical with all the trees and the creek right next to the ceremony space. Exactly what we were looking for!

I would advise renting your own table cloths as the ones they supply are removed at 10pm even if your reception isn't over yet. So just work that into your overall budget. Also, set up is allowed as early as 11am. So make sure you have a lot of helping hands to get that done quickly as 11 is a late set up time.

Other than that- no complaints. It was a wonderful day- beautiful venue! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Horning's was a phenomenal find for our ceremony and reception. We chose the creekside location, which had multiple possible ceremony areas and was very comfortable. The price gets you the location for 24 hours, plenty of tables, chairs and tablecloths, and garbage/recycling pick up twice. We had several friends who decided to camp there and they loved it. And because no one had booked our location on Friday, Bob gave us access for all of Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday... for no additional cost. The peacocks living on the property were a huge hit, for pets and kids alike. ALSO, we had two folks in wheelchairs, and were able to drive wherever we needed to-- the only challenge was that the outdoor bathrooms were not fully accessible.

All in all, this was a drive, but a beautiful one, and we we thrilled with our choice. We will return for years to come, hopefully one day with our kids.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/3/10, 9 Reviews
4.3

Beautiful location and fairly easy to find, made our wedding day that much more perfect.

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/29/12, 1 Review
4.3

We chose horning's hideout because we wanted an all-in-one venue that reflected the beauty of Oregon for our wedding. We had our ceremony at the creekside location (they have three sites on their property), where we also had our reception. Guests also had the opportunity to camp out in the semi-wooded surroundings afterwards. Bob Horning was very friendly and professional in response to our inquiries and had our site in great shape for our wedding--he beefed up the wiring so it was no problem for all three bands (jazz trio, punk rock, rockabilly) to play. Also, I appreciated their flexibility: we had originally booked the lakeside location but when we came in to look at it, decided we liked the more private creekside site better. There was no problem in switching! If you want an idyllic outdoor location for your wedding, consider looking to Horning's Hideout. It's a bit of a drive, but very pretty and a good value for your money.

Profile Picture Ming-Min, 6/14/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved being at hornings. It was just what we were looking for. It was hard to get out to the venue since there was always weddings going on after May. It's also best if the couple is on top of things since you won't hear from them unsolicited. We received an email the week before listing things they did not allow, like hay bales ect. Which thankfully we were not planning on using but it would have been nice to be informed sooner.

Profile Picture User6541755, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
3.4

We searched and searched for outdoor venues for at least a couple months before we came across Horning's Hideout in North Plains, Oregon. The Hornings own some beautiful property located down in their very own canyon. There they have a good size lake, with fishing and paddle boats, camping sites, and a herd of peacocks they care for.

The site has three options for weddings: the stage, lakeside, and creekside. We chose the stage because it was the largest area (we had about 100 guests), and also provided a back-up space on the stage if the weather was inclement. The stage is also along the lake, providing a beautiful backdrop for our photos. All our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful it was out there.

Bob also provides the wedding couple with an arbor, 100 chairs, 12 banquet-style tables, and 12 white tablecloths, included in the cost of renting the venue. He is very lenient when it comes to set-up and tear-down, allowing you to start decorating on your rehearsal day, and taking down the last decorations the day after (as long as there aren't other events scheduled).

Profile Picture Jennifer , 6/20/09, 3 Reviews