Horning's Hideout Reviews

56 Reviews for Horning's Hideout

• Kaylie

Kaylie Mariah · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Woodsy Wedding Venue

This was the most beautiful venue and perfect for the forest vibe we were looking for. Bob was very easy to communicate with and very prompt with response. This was such a smooth going event, I would love to plan a second wedding here!

Shannon Cengija · Getting married on 06/08/2021

Perfect outdoor wedding location

My husband and I had our wedding at the creekside location, and we were so satisfied with every aspect of our special day at Horning's Hideout. It is naturally beautiful and the grounds are well kept. Bob was attentive to all our requests and needs and helped to make sure our rehearsal and wedding day went smoothly. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to host an outdoor event

Sent on 01/06/2020

Scott Schmitz · Getting married on 10/06/2020

Top Notch Vendor

Horning's Hideout was by far beyond our expectations. The beauty of the surroundings made this an easy choice to have our wedding here. Bob was so easy to work with and the price was very affordable. We will carry the good memories with us for a lifetime.

Sent on 01/21/2020

A’lyse · Getting married on 07/24/2020

Beautiful wedding without the big price tag

Every venue at Hornings hideout is beautiful and well maintained. Bob the owner is attentive and quick To respond to any questions. This helped planing our reception less stressful and more care free. The venue included chairs, tables and linens. Our party had such a great time, one of our guest decided to get married their this summer :)

Thank you Bob for such a memorable wedding reception and for being so accommodating.

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Kristen

Kristen Steele · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Unforgettable Venue

We were able to go minimal on decor because the venue itself was so naturally breathtaking! It was absolutely perfect for an intimate gathering, and a wonderful introduction to the grandeur of the northwest for our out of town guests. 10/10, would recommend!

Sent on 12/28/2019
  • Nelle

Nelle Zukowski · Getting married on 03/06/2020

Responsive owner and well priced customizable experience

Bob was incredibly informative and quick to respond as we planned our wedding from a different state. The venue and ability to camp / customize our experience couldn't have been better for the low key wedding we were looking to create. Really wouldn't have been as amazing if it weren't for our experience with Bob and the breathtaking landscape and cell phone service free environment.

• Jessica

Jessica Marie Colombini · Married on 09/29/2019

Hornings hideout

Is beautiful & lots of places to have photos done of both the couple and wedding party!

Sent on 03/07/2019

Shannon Anne · Married on 09/20/2019

What a great venue

Bob was excellent to work with and the venue was everything we had imagined and more. The website is a bit outdated but I was blown away with how beautiful the venue was in person. Bob runs a tight ship and is helpful in all aspects of wedding planning. We made the leap for a destination wedding and booked Horning’s Hideout Creekside sight unseen, it was a fantastic decision and I have not had a moment of regret.

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Winward · Married on 09/14/2019

Hidden Gem

Horning's Hideout was absolutely perfect for our wedding! Bob was so great to work with and quick to respond to any and all questions we had. We received so many compliments about the venue on our big day! And a lot of our guest camped over night which they thought awesome! If you're looking for an outdoor venue with beautiful back drops, look no further! I highly recommend Horning's Hideout to anyone looking for a perfect outdoor venue.

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/10/2019

Beautiful venue with great people--price and location can't be beat!

My wedding here in summer 2019 was just perfect--we were at the lakeside area and the combination of the wooded background, the spacious lawn area, and the views over the lake meant it was beautiful everywhere you looked. Located close to Portland, the price and location really can't be beat, and the people who work at Horning's are responsive, friendly, caring, and easy to work with. Bob Horning really went above and beyond for us both as the owner of the venue and as our officiant. When our poor photographer dropped her phone in the lake, Bob himself was the one to fish it out for her! We really can't praise Bob and Horning's Hideout enough. Everything from the beginning of the process to clean-up the next day was explained and laid out well to us, and was simple and easy. The peacocks that roam the grounds were fun to spot throughout the day, Bob was available for if we needed anything, and the location was absolutely beautiful. Thank you again so much to Bob!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Kyle Travers · Married on 08/02/2019

Just what we needed.

This is a fantastic venue and just what we were looking for. The setting was absolutely stunning, Bob was a fantastic host, and the ability to camp was frosting on the cake. I would highly recommend for any outdoorsy couple looking for a perfect setting.

• Carly

Carly Farrell · Married on 07/13/2019

A dream come true

There are so many wonderful things I could say about this venue. First off Horning’s Hideout has three beautiful venues within the campground itself. Each venue is very affordable compared to many other venues my husband and I looked at. Bob Horning owns Horning’s Hideout and he is very responsive and has hosted weddings at his campground for years. He gave us many great vendor suggestions. If you buy additional insurance you do not need to hire bartenders and can serve your own alcohol at the venue. Bob is not strict on shutting the wedding down right at 10:00pm like most weddings venues do. He just comes by to make sure you turn off the bass if you are playing music. Also you can camp at your venue! We had lots of family members rent RVs (there are 10 hookups) and bring tents. Bob also supplies tables, chairs and linens for the venues.

My husband and I had our wedding at the “stage area” at Horning’s Hideout and it exceeded my expectations. There was plenty of parking and space for all of my guests. The stage is massive and so beautiful. We had our ceremony and dancing up on the stage that overlooks a manmade lake. There is plenty of tree coverage so that your guests aren’t in the sun the whole time. I 100% recommend this venue to anyone that wants an outdoor wedding!

* only things is ubers and taxis do not come down into the campsite. There is no service but for $5 you can get wifi.

Sent on 12/05/2019

Horning's Hideout's reply:

Hi Carly,
    Thank you for your review! And most of all, thank you for letting us host your wonderful wedding!!

Bonnie Melody · Married on 07/07/2019

Kind and helpful

Bob was welcoming, warm, and very responsive. He brought us two peacock feathers on the day of to bless our wedding !

Sent on 01/13/2020

Mallorie Handke · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Venue

This place was magical. The place is beautiful and very well kept year round. Leading up our wedding the owners were flexible with our visits to plan our big day. They had great insight on how to get the best use of the property for not only the flow of the wedding but for photos as well. Bob is so helpful and overall an amazing person to talk to. This experience will fallow us for the rest of our lives. We couldn't have had a more perfect wedding anywhere else. We really can't thank them enough for everything they had to offer at such an affordable price.

Sent on 12/26/2019

Kimberly · Married on 08/05/2018

Horning's Hideout is a beautiful place for a wedding. The Lakeside area turned out to be my favorite spot! Fearing that the fishermen on the lake would be loud or obnoxious kids would take over the sounds of my ceremony...none of that happened! I didnt even notice any of that! It was green! It was peaceful! It was perfect! Having the lake in view was beautiful. The flowers and trees made it a perfect Oregon wedding! Thank you!!

Sent on 08/15/2018
  • Eliana

Eliana · Married on 08/05/2018

Beautiful Horning's Hideout

We fell in love with Horning's Hideout about four years ago when we slung up some hammocks in the trees and danced away the weekend to bluegrass music at Northwest String Summit. Every time we step foot on those grounds we feel the love and vibrate in the magic. It was very important to us that our friends and family experience this special venue. The owner, Bob Horning, made the entire process seamless, affordable, and so enjoyable. The forest at Horning's is a beauty that is almost indescribable, and we feel incredibly blessed to have our wedding in such an amazing place.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Katie · Married on 06/29/2018

Honesty I wouldn’t change a thing about this venue and the service that came with. Bob was very accommodating as we figured out how many guests would attend and where we wanted to places things. He came during the rehearsal to make sure we had what we needed and came the morning after the wedding came to pick up chairs and such with a smile on his face as music was still playing from the night before. Such an easy and sweet place to get married. If I could change one thing it would have been to have a wireless microphone for speaches but that’s it. Horning’s hideout 10/10!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Michael · Married on 06/23/2018

My wife and I had our wedding here in June, and it was more than we could ever hope for. The venue is gorgeous, with different locations available within the same site. We opted for the lakeside venue, and it could not have been more perfect. Bob was super awesome to work with and very flexible. One of the things we loved was having control over what vendors we used for food and alcohol, as well as having the option to add seats closer to the date of the wedding as your guest list becomes clearer. This is definitely the place to get hitched!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Lucia · Married on 06/16/2018

Absolutely beautiful maintained grounds at a reasonable price. We were very happy with the Creekside and would recommend this venue (and area) to anyone planning their wedding or any event! You cannot go wrong here and Bob is a pleasure to coordinate with!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Shayla · Married on 06/10/2018

Horning's Hideout was a DREAM to get married in! Bob was extremely helpful and truly cares about his couples. I got married in June and the rain was huge part of the day, the covered area was perfect for my guests. Bob went above and beyond and even drove me (the bride) in his golf cart so I could be hidden from my guests and not get too wet.
    Horning's Hideout is truly magical and a breath of fresh air. A wedding venue that doesn't feel like a wedding factory. 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Michaela · Married on 05/27/2018

Hornings Hideout was an amazing venue! It was perfect for our wedding and the owners are wonderful to work with!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Nicole · Married on 05/26/2018

My husband and I got married at Horning's Hideout in May. It's a fantastic location and great if you want a woodsy wedding. Bob Horning (owner) is very fast at responding to emails. We loved him so much we had him be the pastor to our wedding. The location is very reasonably priced (I looked at a ton) and none compare to the natural beauty, flexibility, and time you get at your location. I recommend the creekside venue for fantastic pictures.

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • User6119331 · 2+ years ago

My wedding has not happened yet, but so far, Bob has been easy to work with, and extremely flexible and responsive. We are getting married at the Lakeside site, which is very beautiful, and has lots of space. I love the fact that we get our space for 23 hours. For what we get, I feel like the venue is a very good value. I will update once the wedding actually happens!

Sent on 01/29/2016

Justin · Married on 09/24/2016

Incredible value. Access to your site for 24 hours. Bring your own food/alcohol service or have a friend. If you enjoy the DIY option, this is the place for you. The free-range peacocks will tie it all together!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Heather · Married on 09/24/2016

This place is fantastic, and Bob Horning is a remarkable owner/operator/vendor. After searching for an "ethereal" type setting in Hood River, Mollala, and Dundee, Horning's Hideout fit the bill perfectly. We had the Creekside area, and towering trees and a little creek provided us with the dream location.
    Three out of four of our other vendors had worked here previously, and were happy to be back. Despite having two other weddings the same day, we couldn't hear or see anyone from the other parties without walking at least 150 yards and peering across a large pond and through the trees on the opposite side. Privacy is essentially guaranteed.
    We were concerned about rain the day of the ceremony (Sat) and reserved a Very large tent ( 30' x 70'). On Wednesday before the ceremony, we called Bob as asked his opinion, and he said the tent was probably twice what we needed considering the side of the covered area at the site. After talking with Bob about the forecast, we decided to cancel the tent and get three propane party heaters instead. The weather was beautiful and clear, but that night got a little chilly. We could have provided more heat, but Bob's input was first class.
    Bob gets two thumbs up and all A's from us! :)

Sent on 10/20/2016