20 Reviews for Horizon & The Horns

Microphones (2)
Sound/PA System (2)
Willing to Travel (1)
19 Horizon & The Horns Reviews

Just saw them -just wonderfull in many ways. Their range is huge. the crowd interaction is awesome
Jerry D, Beverly

Profile Picture jerry, 11/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Words can not adequately describe how spectacular and special Horizon and the Horns made our night. They nailed everything, from the music requests for the ceremony to ending the night on "Shout". They were perfect. So many people have asked us for the band name. They had everyone dancing all night, including the staff at the venue. Ray is extremely kind and easy to work with. I can honestly say that our wedding would not have been nearly as fun without them.

Profile Picture Patricia, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I hired Horizon and the Horns to do my wedding because I knew they would have great quality since I knew the keyboardist and I was certainly not wrong! Everyone of my guests loved them! They kept all of my guests on their feet the whole night! I would not have the music any other way! If you are thinking about getting them do it, you will not regret it!

Profile Picture Meagan, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I could go on forever about how grateful I am that we had Horizon & the Horns play our wedding on 8/11/17. Being a local bride, friends and family immediately knew to expect an amazing time when they heard Horizon would be playing our wedding, but it was so fun to see how blown away our out of town guests were by Horizon's talents. They really kept the party going all night long! Kelly and Ray and company are amazing and the time they took to help make several moments of our wedding into once in a lifetime moments will never be forgotten. Our wedding ended on a beach dance floor and the Horizon sang our last song next to us on the dance floor on acoustic guitar. I am still in awe of the extra mile they took to make our wedding amazing. I feel so honored they were apart of our special day.

Profile Picture Molly, 8/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Horizon & The Horns are incredible!! Had over 300 guests dancing the night away at Danversport!!!
Truly grateful we chose them❤️

Profile Picture Tracy, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Horizon and the Horns (the entire ensemble) played at our wedding reception at Colonial Hall, Salem MA, in July of 2014. We checked our desired wedding date with the band before we had chosen a venue, or any vendors, because we had heard them before and we KNEW we had to have them! Since our wedding reception was more of an unstructured party with a buffet dinner and no seating arrangements, Ray worked with us to choose the music—we very specifically wanted up-tempo Soul and Motown, without the typical wedding dances (Chicken Dance, Daddy’s Little Girl, etc). We were not doing the usual dances with the wedding party, no garter, no cutting of the cake, etc. Ray listened to us, and really delivered—our guests LOVED the music, and danced throughout our entire party, which is exactly what we wanted! Ray also let us choose the programmed ‘break’ music (when the band took their break) and he was extremely accommodating and agreeable throughout the whole planning process. At the event, every member of the band was a real pro! It is to their credit that many of our friends stayed until the very end, and only stopped dancing when the party was over. So many of our friends—even now, years later!—ask us who the fantastic band was. Horizon and the Horns was an integral part of the success of our night! Thank you, Ray!

Profile Picture Cecily, 7/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We received many compliments after our daughter's wedding about the band. The dance floor was always hopping. They played a great mix of music and Kelly is an awesome lead singer and MC. Reasonable priced and easy to work with. Love Horizon and the Horns!

Profile Picture Virginia, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

“Your band was amazing!” is one of the most frequent comments I have heard from friends and family since our wedding on July 1, 2017. And I have to agree – we were thrilled with Horizon & the Horns! We went with the full 7-piece band and they were all awesome! Amazing variety of music (check out a sampling from their song list on their website - http://www.horizonandthehorns.com/song-list.html), they can do all the classics, current pop music, swing, jazz, rock. Since the wedding, two separate friends who are planning their own weddings in different states have said they are now considering a band instead of a DJ – if they can find someone like Horizon! With a little notice, they will also learn songs – our first dance was a slowed down version of Katy Perry’s Firework (sentimental reasons ha) and they were able to do that arrangement no problem. The dance floor was packed all night and the band also appears to be having a great time with you!
Beyond the music, working with Ray Novack is the best! He’s very responsive and clearly knows what he’s doing when it comes to weddings – he thinks of every detail, including many that I would have missed myself! The day-of his daughter Kelly, vocalist and more, does an awesome job of “MC-ing” the reception – every name pronounced perfectly and aware of everything going on. I realized mid-way through the dance party that I wanted a photo on the dance floor of all my college friends (husband and I are college sweethearts) – I went up to Ray, while he was on keyboard, and asked if he could work that in. He got the message to Kelly, she announced the photo, the group gathered and then we were back to dancing – it was all so seamless!
Awesome music, awesome energy – thank you Horizon & the Horns!
Update: A friend at the wedding just booked Horizon & the Horns for her own wedding!

Profile Picture User6754169, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I am SO glad we had Horizon and the Horns at our wedding. They were incredible! We had the jazz trio play for cocktail hour and the 7-piece band for our reception. Throughout the planning process, Kelly was great to work with. She was extremely responsive and very accommodating to our requests. I was a little nervous because I hadn't seen Horizon perform and the dance floor and music was very important to us, and we were SO happy with our band choice. They played all great music and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. They did a great job playing new and old music so all guests were up and dancing, and they had fun props and came out onto the dance floor to get everyone engaged.

Profile Picture User5098559, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

We ended up going with them after going to a family wedding that they played. Seriously, they can read a crowd! People were dancing before the salads. They slayed our first dance and parents dances, and we're super easy to work with. Our event coordinator couldn't say enough about them.

Profile Picture Rachelle, 10/29/16, 1 Review

Seriously,
Horizon and the Horns are professional, highly entertaining and inclusive. They can reach every generation and genre for any type of occasion. They are unbelievable at playing to and with a crowd. The guests were all dancing before dinner started! They play with passion but most importantly, make sure they and everyone aroUne them is having FUN.
The guests didn't want an encore, they wanted THREE ENCORES.
We also hired Ray, the band leader to play piano for our ceremony. He is so talented his range of available songs was remarkable. Very flexible and open to anything and everything we wanted to do.
Thank you H and H, you guys rock!

Profile Picture Bradley, 10/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Do yourself and all of your wedding guests a favor: Stop looking at other options and book Horizon & The Horns right now! 3 months after our wedding, our family and friends are still raving about how awesome these guys were. Kelly & Ray provided the music for our ceremony, and were excellent. The full band played our first dance live, which was absolutely fantastic. And once the party got started, they kept our guests dancing the entire night! We barely had time to say hi to everyone because the dance floor was so packed! We couldn't have been any happier on the night, and Kelly was a complete pleasure to work with from start to finish. We completely and enthusiastically recommend Horizon & The Horns!

Profile Picture Jarrod, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We cannot say enough good things about these musicians! True professionals! Every time we hear them we leave with the biggest smiles on our faces. Kelly'��s confidence and charisma makes her a perfect lead singer for Horizon & the Horns. They always play the top, trending hits, as well as our old favorites which bring back the high school memories! A tremendous collection of sensational talent makes you want to jump up and dance all night long! Five stars from us!

Profile Picture Larissa & Chris, 8/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

This band is so fun!! I have been to multiple venues to see them and also attended a wedding. They play a variety of amazing tunes and have awesome energy! They are also really flexible with requests and will accommodate almost anything!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Absolutely one of the best wedding bands in New England!! Top notch musicians, fantastic horn section, amazing song list from classic hits of the 60's and 70's to the latest dance hits. Very few bands can match what Ray Novack and Horizon deliver. They will be our first call when we need another group for our next daughter's wedding!

Profile Picture User7206225, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

On a scale of 1-10, we give them a 20! From the moment our guests started to arrive, to our first dance, to the last song of the evening, they had the perfect music for every moment. Plus they do an awesome job interacting with everyone. 2 weeks later our guests are still raving! If you're looking for the perfect band with a vast selection, look no further, horizon is the band for you.

Dan and Melissa

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Horizon & The Horns has played at two family weddings. We knew from the start that they would do a wonderful job and they did! The wide variety of music accommodated all ages. Special requests were no problem. Their charisma and high energy was contagious. Both receptions were most memorable in part because of the band. Ray Novack is a great MC and the quality of the music is outstanding. We highly recommend the band for any occasion.

Profile Picture Suzanne, 7/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

If you are looking for a wedding reception to remember, where everyone has fun celebrating your big day with you, then I suggest that you hire Horizon & the Horns.
Words cannot express how absolutely grateful we feel to have had the privilege to have Horizons and the Horns as the band at our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding. They are the most FANTASTIC people, and the most amazing musicians and singers. I have never had such a fabulous time at a wedding in my life (and we have been to some great weddings), and the fact that it was our daughter’s wedding and we were able to really celebrate with all of our family and friends and dance the entire night made it even more wonderful.

We had people to our house the next day for brunch, and have received several phone calls with the same comments: “Where did you ever find that band, they were amazing…Never have we been to such a fun wedding…The band was incredible, they played such a variety of music and the singers were amazing!” So many people told us that they thought the band had as much fun as all of the guests and that the band's enthusiasm and charisma really made the night fabulous. Our goal for the wedding reception was to have a fun party with all the people we love. Not only did they make this happen, they exceeded our hopes and truly made this a night we will never forget.

Profile Picture User7252246, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

When it came time to choose the music for my son and daughter-in-law's local "After the California Wedding" celebration, I knew for sure that I wanted Ray and Horizon, because I was familiar with them from other events. I made all other arrangements around making sure that would happen, and it was the best decision I made. Because of the nature of the party, we chose a smaller ensemble. Simply stated, the band "made" the party. Everything about the experience was top notch, from planning to fulfilling special requests (in our case, a special classical choral piece!), but the best part is how they had EVERYONE up on the floor dancing - literally, from 1 year old to 97 years old - I have pictures to prove it! No one wanted the fun to stop! I would recommend them without hesitation!

Profile Picture Terri, 11/27/10, 1 Review