Horizon Entertainment Reviews

80 | Hamilton, OH

80 Reviews for Horizon Entertainment

Tricia Smith · Married on 10/12/2019

Simply perfect

Horizon Entertainment provided the perfect service for our daughter‘s wedding and reception. Grant was very personable and made planning easy and stress-free. We could not have asked for anything better. Thank you for making it unforgettable and truly magnificent.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Kim Young · Married on 10/08/2019

What you want, Rick can provide it!

Rick Pate is an excellent choice for music at an event. I've been to events where he has chosen the music and ones where a couple has chosen the music. He has a great personality so he makes the event serious and/or fun. I love his personality and enthusiasm. He will be out there if that is needed or behind the scenes. He's a great choice and I've enjoyed listening to him and his music.

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • CALEB

CALEB · Married on 09/28/2019

Smooth Sailing

Rick was an excellent choice for our wedding. After missing out on a couple other vendors, all directions pointed at booking Horizon Entertainment. So glad we did! He was experienced, professional, helpful, and so easy to work with. His over the top service and flexibility made us comfortable during the ceremony and reception since he did both. His pricing compared to others is a steal when evaluating the level of effort he put forth. Our dance floor was packed all night long! Thanks for everything, Rick!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/27/2019

Best of the best!

Rick at Horizon Entertainment was absolutely amazing. He was extremely nice, informative and helpful throughout the whole planning process. He did everything he said he would do and more! We never felt like we had a need for anything because he was right there to assist with things from helping the wedding planner to refilling our glasses without us even having to ask and everything in between. He really wanted us to feel like it was our day and he did everything in his power to make that a reality. Even saving the day to fix the bistro lights in the tent! We would recommend his services to anyone who asks!

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 09/14/2019

Rick was awesome!

Rick was amazing! He was very professional every time we met prior to the wedding. He is extremely passionate about what he does and it shows in his work. He did a fantastic job at our wedding and catered to everything that we needed and we couldn't be happier to have him be our DJ.

Everyone should have Rick as their DJ!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Ritz

Ritz Events · Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding Coordinator

As a wedding coordinator I work with many different DJs around the tri-state. However, every single client that uses this DJ ALWAYS remembers & talks about what an amazing time they had and how fun the music was that night. Rick goes out of his way to not only customize a package for each individual client, but to also put a personal touch on each experience as well. I've even seen him getting his clients their drinks. At the last wedding that Rick and I worked together on, the client had purchased Bistro lights that unfortunately stopped working right before the cocktail hour. With Rick's quick thinking and ingenuity we were able to get these lights up and running just before the reception began. He saved the day and the clients were incredibly & blissfully happy. I highly recommend this DJ

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Tailor

Tailor Corona-Cupi · Married on 08/10/2019

Excellent!!

Rick was awesome! He played exactly what we wanted, no questions asked, and the areas we needed help picking songs he made great suggestions based on what we had already picked! I highly recommend this company!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Katelyn H · Married on 02/16/2019

More than a DJ

Rick did an amazing job at our wedding! He coordinated the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner perfectly even though he had to switch locations within the venue to accommodate our cocktail hour and room flip. He certainly kept the dance floor packed all night and made sure to play all of our favorite songs. Rick is more than a DJ, as he goes above and beyond, helping with pictures, wedding flow, and even making sure we had drinks in our hands the entire night. He is extremely attentive to detail and ended up meeting with us twice prior to the wedding to ensure our wishes were met. We would absolutely recommend him to our closest friends!

Sent on 03/05/2019

Katelyn Hausfeld · Married on 02/16/2019

Dream day of coordinator

We used Horizon Entertainment for our day of coordinator and we could not be happier! Narnia is absolutely amazing! She met with us multiple times prior to the wedding to make sure our vision was perfectly executed. She responds to emails and texts in a timely manner and is incredibly organized. She is experienced and an expert in event coordination. I felt completely relaxed the day of the wedding knowing she was in charge. Everything went perfectly and I would absolutely recommend her to our closest friends!

Sent on 03/07/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/26/2018

Friendly, Fun, Full Package

Rick with Horizon Entertainment was amazing. My husband and I clicked with him right away and hoped that he was personally going to be our DJ. First impression at first meeting: He was quick to respond, friendly, personable, and willing to help out however he can. He followed through on everything. We had a few requests on cutting down songs and playing little snippets of songs. He was excited by our playlist and had good suggestions when we needed something. He put up some nice uplighting along the walls (cost extra, but brought a little more to the venue) which he color matched to our fall theme. He brought us drinks when we needed one and kept the night moving forward. It was especially nice when my uncle wanted to give a speech and he politely said that the only person who was allowed to have the mic was the father of the bride.

We are very happy with Rick and we highly suggest him for your wedding too! He will help you make it unforgettable!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/01/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rick with Horizon Entertainment. From my first interaction with him, he was professional, accommodating, and very pleasant. Over the course of the wedding planning process, he was very responsive with questions and was flexible in happily allowing us to add lighting to our package on short notice. We knew we were in good hands after our meeting with Rick prior to our wedding, and this took a huge weight off of our shoulders. At the wedding, Rick was much more than "just a DJ." He made sure the night went smoothly, from refilling our drinks, checking on guests, keeping us on schedule with our itinerary (and making adjustments as necessary) and much more. He was also an amazing DJ! Rick kept everyone on the dance floor, and so many of our guests specifically commented on how great he was. We would not hesitate to recommend Horizon Entertainment to our friends and family. To anyone considering- you will not regret having them be a part of your special day!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Emily · Married on 06/29/2018

Rick is just awesome! From the planning meeting until the last dance, Rick poured his heart into making our wedding reception and dance far exceed our expectations

Sent on 09/24/2018

Mariah · Married on 06/15/2018

Rick was so professional, and so much more than a DJ! He made sure we never went without drinks and kept the ball rolling with the music to ensure we kept our time frame. Could not ask for anything better Great price and outstanding service!!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Troy · Married on 06/02/2018

BEST DJ!!! From our first planning meeting with Rick, we knew we made the right decision hiring him! Rick went above and beyond for us and was so friendly and professional! All of our guests have made compliments on how great the dance floor was all night! From a bride and groom aspect, Rick went the extra mile to make the ceremony and reception run smoothly!

The ceremony was in a garden with no outlets and Rick worked with us so music could play for our processional and recessional. There were multiple songs that we had incorporated to the ceremony and all cues were met and the sound volume was perfect.

Our reception was at Rhinegeist Brewery and from the beginning of the dancing to the end (3.5 hours) it was filled!!! We had a 28 person head table and, throughout the entire dinner, Rick was making sure everyone had drinks and made sure everyone was doing well! He didn’t just make us feel very special but made the whole bridal party feel special which we loved! He made sure to keep on eye on us and get us back on the dance floor throughout the night too! We had brought glow sticks that we didn’t realize needed to be assembled so Rick and my husband put together about 200 glow sticks! We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ!

We promise hiring Horizon Entertainment will be one of the best decisions for your wedding day! Thank you for everything Rick!!!!

Sent on 06/16/2018

Al B · Married on 05/05/2018

Super fun DJ!

Everyone from my wedding has raved about how amazing our DJ was and how impressed they were! He was fun, played the perfect mix of music throughout the evening, and even got on the dance floor to walk guests through dances. I'm so glad we chose Horizon Entertainment

Sent on 01/28/2019

Paige · Married on 04/21/2018

My husband and I are so glad to have trusted Horizon Entertainment with our wedding day! They went above and beyond our expectations- from the first meeting we had with Rick to the day of our wedding with Grant. Any questions that we had along the way were answered quickly. When we met with Grant to plan out our ceremony and reception he made everything so easy. He was accommodating when we decided to add uplighting within the last couple weeks and arrived in a timely manner to be prepared! We are grateful that the entire day went so smoothly and that Horizon made that possible! My husband and I were most interested in having a great time at our reception and Grant exceeded our expectations. I will be recommending Horizon to all of my family and friends!! Thank you Rick and Grant for being so great!!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Tori · Married on 10/07/2017

We had Grant as our DJ and I could not have asked for a better person to be in charge of our entertainment. Grant made sure that we felt comfortable from the planning process all the way to the wedding day. He played great dance music, kept us informed of what was going on, and even helped us out with a few reception details. I had a wonderful reception and owe a lot of that to Grant and the Horizon Team. Thanks for going above and beyond!

Sent on 10/18/2017
  • F

Faun · Married on 09/15/2017

Grant was our DJ for our wedding and there are not enough great things to say. He went above and beyond any expectations that I had. After meeting with him for the first time to go over wedding details, I knew instantly that I made the right choice using their services. He made our day run smoothly and had an awesome reception. I would highly recommend Horizon Entertainment! Thanks Grant!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Nick · Married on 08/26/2017

Amazing! Grant played great music and is so friendly. He worked with me beforehand so we were on the same page, and during the event was super helpful. He knows his stuff!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Kelley · Married on 07/21/2017

We are so happy we picked Horizon Entertainment for our reception! The company is super affordable and we were very impressed with the entire experience! From the very first meeting with Rick, we knew he was extremely knowledgeable in music and ready to help make our night the most special time. He made us feel so comfortable and he was so easy to work with. He listened to all our requests and made sure any concerns we had were taken care of. He reviewed our songs beforehand and helped us talk through any we may be missing for the age ranges of our guests. Throughout the night, he made sure both me and my husband had everything we needed (food and drinks) and kept the reception light and fun. I would highly recommend Horizon Entertainment & Rick as the DJ!!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Michael · Married on 06/16/2017

Grant did an amazing job all around. My wife and I could not have picked a better DJ for our wedding. He was so helpful and easy to work with. Serisouly, if you’re looking for a high quality, professional, and easy to work with DJ, Grant is your choice!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Susan · Married on 05/06/2017

Horizon was great! I definitely recommend them! Grant was fun and super professional. He calmed my nerves about set up, timing of reception events, and just told me to have fun. Thanks to him I did. We've received tons of compliments on how fun the reception was.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Jennifer · Married on 03/18/2017

Rick took our reception over the top! We had a lengthy reception, around 4 hours of dancing, and Rick kept people on the dance floor the entire time! He was incredibly flexible with the schedule (every little request I had was met) and had a great song library to select from.

One of the songs I requested (Always by Frank Sinatra; was my grandparents' wedding song) wasn't in the library, but Rick found it once he knew it was an important request. He really went above and beyond to make the night perfect!

Sent on 04/02/2017

Emily · Married on 01/14/2017

Grant was THE BEST!! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect DJ for our wedding ceremony and reception. He made everything so easy and we got so many compliments from our guests about how good the music was. During our consultation with Grant, one thing we made clear was that it was important that our music wasn't too loud so that the people who don't dance were able to have conversation. The volume was perfect and we didn't have to ask him to adjust at all. Our grandparents all made comments about how nice it was that the music was not too loud. Grant kept the party going and cleared it with us if our friends had ridiculous requests. He checked in with us throughout the night and even got us drinks several times, which was so thoughtful and not something we would expect a DJ to even worry about! Other than being great at his job, Grant is so friendly and down to earth. You would be crazy not to go with Horizon Entertainment for your event. The quality you get for the value is unbelievable! Thank you for making our wedding day so fun Grant!

Sent on 01/20/2017

Teri · Married on 12/17/2016

Rick did an amazing job! We had absolutely no worries at all. Everyone complemented us on the music at the reception.

Sent on 12/25/2016