Hope's Bridal Boutique Reviews

60 | Davenport, IA

60 Reviews for Hope's Bridal Boutique

4.2

I'm excited to get my dress in and follow-up with the fittings. So glad I decided to make a stop at Hope's Bridal as that's where my final decision was made. Can't wait to show everyone my dress come wedding day :)

Sent on 05/17/2016

Hope's Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you for being a Hope's bride and taking the time to write a review! We look forward to continue to serve you through the planning process.

3.8
      3.5

I went to Hope's Bridal after shopping at many other places for my wedding dress. I walked in and saw the dress I knew I wanted in their catalog. They had the dress in the store and I tried it on and purchased it right away. The staff is very nice and knowledgeable. They actually encouraged me shopping elsewhere for things like a belt and veil rather than making changes to what they had there because it would save me money, which I appreciated. They have many gowns in the store to look at, but I did notice that many of them seemed a little dated. They also have a large selection of bridesmaid dresses (I also found my bridesmaid dress there) and veils. They also have an in-house seamstress which is nice. My only complaint is that they seem understaffed at times; I would be left alone for 5-10 minutes during an appointment because someone else came into the store or the phone rang and only one person was available to help. Overall, great experience and I know that my dress is in good hands with them!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Hope's Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you for taking time to review us. We recognize our need (and are working on remedying it!) for more staffing. It can be difficult to find the right people, but we are trying. Happy to hear you have had a good experience! We appreciate your business!

Sheila · Married on 06/05/2010

3.8
      2.5

I was very happy with the wonderful selection of gowns that this vendor had to offer, but very displeased with the professionalism. This vendor advertises that they welcome walk-ins, but if you don't make an appointment they get snippy that you should have made an appointment. When we first walked in to find the dress of my dreams (which I did find there), they were very nice and welcomed us to look at their WIDE selection. After a bad experience at David's Bridal of having a consultant constantly bringing me dresses that I continually told her wasn't my style, I was grateful to be able to walk the room and pick the dress myself. I had wonderful help getting the dresses on as well. The great part was being able to get a discount on the dress since it was discontinued and bought the dress that was on the rack. The problem came when we picked up the dress after having it cleaned and the crystals reinforced. My mother had phoned the place that week and mentioned that we would be coming in sometime that weekend. When we walked in the place was a little busy, and we instantly got bombarded by workers stating that we should have called and made an appointment and now they couldn't help us because we hadn't done so. We would have taken this in stride if they hadn't been so snippy about it. After all, we were just there to pick it up not take up a dressing room and try on several more dresses.

All in all, the dress choices were fabulous, but the quality of service could use some more professionalism.

Sent on 06/25/2010
  • Jess

Jesse · Married on 05/15/2015

3.4
      3.5

My experience at Hope's was good. It was the only bridal salon I visited - I was only interested in one dress and they were the only local store that carried it. The consultants were always helpful and polite. I used the seamstress thru Hope's as well and she was fabulous. She did a fantastic job with the alterations and her price was much lower than I expected. The only compliant I have about my experience there was the process of actually getting my dress in.

What lowered my ratings for Hope's was the experience one of my bridesmaids had. I had two bridesmaids, and they both decided to wait awhile after we picked out the bridesmaids dresses to get measured. Since one was closer to the Atkins store and one was closer to Davenport, the went seperately to appointments. The girl that went to Atkins had a good experience - her dress came in fitting almost perfectly. The one that went to Davenport had a very poor experience. She thought the right size was ordered... she was measured and after reviewing the size chart with the consultant, they agreed on a size. She thought the size was way off, but it fit the measurements that were taken and she figured that it was just the difference between bridal and street sizes. When her dress came in, it was HUGE. She could put it on and take it off without unzipping it over her clothes. She investigated with my other bridesmaid and found out that they got the same size, which is ridiculous because they are nowhere near the same size. The only possible thing we could think of was that the measurements were done incorrectly because she remembers that the measurements she was given were correct for the size that was ordered. She called the store to let them know of the problem. The staff was extremely rude to her and pretty much told her to kick rocks. Completely unacceptable.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Hi Jess,
    First of all thank you so much for your business. We truly appreciate it and are so happy you had a good experience as a Hope's bride. We're really sorry to hear your bridesmaid did not receive the service that we strive to provide and expect from our staff. If you would like to talk to our owner Diane about any specifics, please give us a call at (319)446-7887. We are always working to make improvements and will do our best to learn from this feedback. We continually are working on training our staff on measuring and sizing, which we know is a big issue in our industry. We are implementing a policy of a double-measuring in our Davenport store to try to improve on any inconsistencies. Congratulations on your wedding, and thank you for helping us grow with your honest review!

Brittany · Married on 08/12/2017

0.5

My friend got married in May so I went to the Atkins location to purchase my bridesmaid dress. What a positive experience! Due to my maid of honor and future mother in law living in the Davenport area, I decided that I had to check out this location. I had a positive experience at the first place I tried gowns on that day and it really set the bar high. When I walked into Hope's I was immediately greeted but in a way that sounded as if "what are you doing here" (I scheduled an appointment three weeks prior). The showroom was kind of messy but my associate was so sweet (she is no longer there), knowledgeable, and helpful. Once I put my dress on and knew that this was the one, I was more than happy to buy my dress from such a sweet associate. My party came on a busy day and the computer was in use when we were finished so we decided to head next door to look at bridesmaid and mother of the bride gowns for fun. My associate joined us and continued to be extremely helpful. During this time, another associate entered and told my associate that there were people that needed helped and needed to stop "playing around". This immediately infuriated myself and my party, I was spending almost $2000 from their establishment and we were treated so poorly. If my dress wasn't there and my associate was not so sweet, my party and I would have taken our business elsewhere. This was seriously such a disappointing experience for me but I did get my dream dress, so there is that!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Hope's Bridal Boutique's reply:

I'm sorry to hear that you had a less than desirable experience with one of our staff. We can't tell who you are to look up information or call you, so please reach out to us directly at Johanna@hopesbridal.com so we can try to learn more. We want all of our customers to have great memories with us! We are so glad to hear you love your dress, and wish you the best!

1.6
      1.5
      2.0

I bought my bridal gown at Hope's and don't have any complaints about the service I received as a bride. However, I also decided to get my bridesmaid gowns at Hope's and would not recommend. I had 4 bridesmaids from 4 different states and the number of "mix-ups" and issues we had with ordering, coordinating, and receiving the dresses was unacceptable. Additionally, my MOH was told she should order a "bigger" dress because she was in between sizes -- she ended up spending over $300 on the actual dress and THEN an additional $200 on alterations because it was WAY too big. When we were encouraged to order the "bigger" dress, the consultant told us that alterations were a flat fee. However, when her dress arrived it needed so many alterations that the "flat fee" promise no longer applied. Overall, we were disappointed with the service and empty promises of Hope's Bridal

Sent on 04/21/2017

Marta · Married on 08/13/2011

1.4
      0.5

We LOVED the wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses.....however, when the girls went (seperatly) to try their dresses on they fit perfectly, but when they went to pick them up one of the dresses was huge.....we suspected that 2 of the girls were given the same dress to try on. (one was a 6 the other an 8). We told her it was too big (the day before the wedding and she said the girl must have lost weight....2-3 inches in the bust! Really? We told her (the owner) what we thought happened and she said that had never happened.....Apparently it was our fault the dress did not fit! She wanted us too come right that minute...we asked for an hour or 2 and she said she could not do that.......SO like I told her, we would NOT recommend going to Hope's Bridal.

Sent on 08/15/2011

Brenna · Married on 05/12/2007

1.2
      1.0

Hopes Bridal in Atkins was great up to the point that I purchased the dress, then it quickly went down hill. I had originally felt like a valued customer, but the second after they made the sell I didn't feel like they cared at all.

I ordered my bridal dress from them and needed no alterations, just a bustle. However, they do not do bustles on the weekend. I do not live near the area but purchased from them because it was close to were we were holding the wedding. When I explained that I worked Mon-Fri and that I would not be able to come in during the week they told me there was nothing they could do. They implied that I should care more about my wedding and just take a day off - which I did not agree with. I felt as if the owner of the store was talking down to me and she wanted me to drop my life 3 hours away for her store to be able to help me. I eventually had to pick up my dress on a Saturday and take it to a seperate person to bustle the dress, then take it back to them to steam (which was included in the cost of the dress so I was going to get that done).

I ordered my shoes from them so that they could dye it to my dress color. I asked that they contact me so that I could try on the shoes before they dye them but because I lived out of town my mom went to pick up my shoes. The first time she went they made her wait for 20 minutes before they finally helped her, then she waited an additional 20 minutes until they told her my shoes were lost. My mom went home (a 40 minute drive) and waited for them to call back a couple of days later when they found them. When she picked them up she had to wait 30 minutes for service and then discovered they had already been dyed. Thank goodness they fit! During the dying process one of the jewels from the shoe fell off - but instead of raising a stink we just took them and left.

My bridesmaids also had problems with their shoes, but because I was not in the area they dealt with those issues themselves and I felt very bad for them. Unfortunately, I do not know the extend of their problems and do not want to mistell their stories.

I also purchased my earrings from them - they looked great during the wedding, but broke during the reception. I just ended up taking them off for the rest of the night.

We also had problems with renting the under slip - I was incredibly lucky that mom was retired and able to make multiple drives out to them to take care of this issue.

All in all, this was my only problem vendor during the entire wedding which made me even more upset because I was having no problems with anyone else. They were not accommodating, they were unprofessional at the store if you were not looking for a dress to purchase at that exact time and I am very thankful that my mother was so patient with them and was in the area or else I probably would have had several disasters on my hands.

The dress itself fit great, was a good price and looked beautiful - but I probably would have just purchased it from somewhere else had I known the headache that was going to follow!

Sent on 07/18/2008

Angie · Married on 08/18/2018

1.0

I was visiting family from out of state and stopped by based on reviews online in hopes of finding a nice dress and I was ready to spend some money if I found it!. I wasn’t greeted at the door, there were two women that appeared to be playing in the computer and I had to walk into the store and around the corner to find them and neither of them even got up. I was surprised and asked where I could find their formal gowns as I was looking for something for an upcoming gala. One of them reluctantly said she could open up the other rooms for me to look. She didn’t ask what size or what I was looking for or really anything. She said here’s the mother of the bride dresses and there are the bridesmaid dresses. What a complete waste of time! I’m probably being harsh but I’m SO sick of attitude by these stupid sales people that have no interest in representing the business they work for or actually performing some work! I’m in sales and very familiar with providing customer service, I know it’s impossible to please everyone but a little effort goes a long way! Good luck and I won’t be shopping here for my upcoming wedding dress. Your loss

Sent on 11/01/2017

Hope's Bridal Boutique's reply:

Angie, as the owner of Hope's, I personally apologize for your experience. This is absolutely not what my staff is trained and expected to do, and I have to say, completely uncharacteristic of what I see when I am there. I would like to personally speak with you if you are willing. Please email me at johanna@hopesbridal.com with a good number for me to call. Thank you for your feedback, and I hope you are able to find what you are looking for!
    Kind regards,
    Diane

0.5

I felt like a valued customer on my first visit to Hope's Bridal. I was a little concerned when I walked in due to the size of the boutique. It was very small and they did not have any of the styles of dresses I picked off their WEB site. The gal assisting me was very friendly and helpful. After trying on about ten dresses, I believed I found "the one." Much different than my original thoughts, but it looked great! I ordered it and paid in full that day. My bridesmaids and I also looked at dresses for them, but no one was available to assist us. I dismissed this at the time because I did just make the appointment for me.
    When I returned to the boutique to pick up my dress, I felt like they just wanted me to just take it and leave; even though I did make an appointment to try it on. I was extremely disappointed in what I received. It has fabric flower appliques on it where there was beading on the floor model. I specifically said I didn't want a dress with flowers on it. Yes, it was the same dress, but the beading pattern/appliques had apparently been revised on one of the dresses. When I asked to see the floor model I originally tried, I was told it had been transferred to their Atkins location and sold (how convenient).
    The only "offer" that was made to me was that I could pay to have their seamstress add beading and remove the flowers. I don't know how many times I heard that "the dress looks different when it is new and perfect." There was no consideration made that that dress actually was different even though my bridesmaids and I all agree it is.
    Don't believe their quote "we want your day to be special and worry free." They want to sell you a dress and get you out of the way. Now I am stuck with a $1,500 dress that I am not excited to wear on my special day. AND, I was not given my veil when I picked up my dress. I was so upset I forgot to ask, but they should have had it with my dress. This business is very unprofessional.

Sent on 04/19/2014