59 Reviews for Hope's Bridal Boutique

Tuxedos (1)
Undergarments (1)
58 Hope's Bridal Boutique Reviews

1.0

I was visiting family from out of state and stopped by based on reviews online in hopes of finding a nice dress and I was ready to spend some money if I found it!. I wasn’t greeted at the door, there were two women that appeared to be playing in the computer and I had to walk into the store and around the corner to find them and neither of them even got up. I was surprised and asked where I could find their formal gowns as I was looking for something for an upcoming gala. One of them reluctantly said she could open up the other rooms for me to look. She didn’t ask what size or what I was looking for or really anything. She said here’s the mother of the bride dresses and there are the bridesmaid dresses. What a complete waste of time! I’m probably being harsh but I’m SO sick of attitude by these stupid sales people that have no interest in representing the business they work for or actually performing some work! I’m in sales and very familiar with providing customer service, I know it’s impossible to please everyone but a little effort goes a long way! Good luck and I won’t be shopping here for my upcoming wedding dress. Your loss

Profile Picture Angie, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I went into Hope's not exactly sure what I would find. I was pleasantly surprised with their inventory and by how friendly the staff was. I tried on about 20 dresses and could have gone on for hours. I loved it! The sales lady was so kind and helpful. I never once felt pressured into buying anything. She was genuinely there to help me. I finally narrowed it down "the one" but I still had another appointment to go to that I didn't want to cancel on. So my family and I went to David's Bridal. What a completely different experience. I knew I had to go back to Hope's where there were great dresses and great service. I also did my alterations at Hope's. Once again fantastic service. My dress was everything I imagined and more. I felt like such a princess on my wedding day. I got so many compliments and people just raving about my dress. If you want a great selection of beautiful and up to date dresses and the most kind and welcoming staff then you have got to go to Hope's Bridal.

Profile Picture Alea, 10/7/17, 1 Review
3.1

My friend got married in May so I went to the Atkins location to purchase my bridesmaid dress. What a positive experience! Due to my maid of honor and future mother in law living in the Davenport area, I decided that I had to check out this location. I had a positive experience at the first place I tried gowns on that day and it really set the bar high. When I walked into Hope's I was immediately greeted but in a way that sounded as if "what are you doing here" (I scheduled an appointment three weeks prior). The showroom was kind of messy but my associate was so sweet (she is no longer there), knowledgeable, and helpful. Once I put my dress on and knew that this was the one, I was more than happy to buy my dress from such a sweet associate. My party came on a busy day and the computer was in use when we were finished so we decided to head next door to look at bridesmaid and mother of the bride gowns for fun. My associate joined us and continued to be extremely helpful. During this time, another associate entered and told my associate that there were people that needed helped and needed to stop "playing around". This immediately infuriated myself and my party, I was spending almost $2000 from their establishment and we were treated so poorly. If my dress wasn't there and my associate was not so sweet, my party and I would have taken our business elsewhere. This was seriously such a disappointing experience for me but I did get my dream dress, so there is that!

Profile Picture User6921017, Recently Married, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Veils, Alterations

There is no where else to go. Hope's Bridal has the best selection in Iowa. Between Atkins and Davenport they have so many dresses in so many styles. I am so happy with my gown. The fit was just perfect, the style was perfect for me, and the color was beautiful. My family just loved it and I love the fact that I could get shoes, bra cups, necklace, earrings, and veil all at the same place. I also took my dress back to have it preserved and cleaned and it came back so beautiful.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Shoes, Tuxedo Rentals, Tuxedos, Undergarments, Veils, Alterations, Preservation, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows, Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of Bride, Father of Groom, Flower Girls, Groom, Groomsmen, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom, Ring Bearers

I bought my high school prom dress here and I came back to find my wedding dress a few months ago. I had three dreams of myself walking down the isle in a specific Maggie Sottero I had seen online. I came in and showed them the picture of this dress. They didn't stop until they found the dress in the store for me to try on. I fell in love with it instantly. I couldn't be happier to be a Hope's Girl.

Profile Picture Kelsi, 6/17/17, 1 Review
1.7

I bought my bridal gown at Hope's and don't have any complaints about the service I received as a bride. However, I also decided to get my bridesmaid gowns at Hope's and would not recommend. I had 4 bridesmaids from 4 different states and the number of "mix-ups" and issues we had with ordering, coordinating, and receiving the dresses was unacceptable. Additionally, my MOH was told she should order a "bigger" dress because she was in between sizes -- she ended up spending over $300 on the actual dress and THEN an additional $200 on alterations because it was WAY too big. When we were encouraged to order the "bigger" dress, the consultant told us that alterations were a flat fee. However, when her dress arrived it needed so many alterations that the "flat fee" promise no longer applied. Overall, we were disappointed with the service and empty promises of Hope's Bridal

Profile Picture User7397918, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Alterations, Bride, Bridesmaids
4.2

I'm excited to get my dress in and follow-up with the fittings. So glad I decided to make a stop at Hope's Bridal as that's where my final decision was made. Can't wait to show everyone my dress come wedding day :)

Profile Picture User6726512, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories

I had gotten all my prom dresses at Hope's. I knew I would be a Hope's girl for my wedding dress! I had no idea what I wanted and the girls were all so helpful and patient as I tried on dresses. I found "the one" when I came back to re-try on dresses with my mom! My mom was also a Hope's girl for her wedding dress! Hope's has been so helpful with bridesmaid dresses as well! There has been no stress when it comes to my dream dress and that's huge for me!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

It was the third dress that I tried on and I fell in love. I went to David's Bridal afterward to make sure it really was the dress. The experience I had at Hope's Bridal was more personal and they really work with you to find what you love. They also really work closely with you in regards to payment of the gown which was a really unique and personal experience.

Profile Picture Tabitha, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I am from the Quad Cities (where my parents still live), but I now live in Madison, Wisconsin. I chose to do my bridal gown shopping in the QC, and visited Hope's Bridal. I also chose to have my alterations done at Hope's, which meant that I did need to drive in a few times to do fittings and such. They were pretty accommodating to my limited availability, due to me living about 3 hours away. They did a great job on the very minor alterations, added a bustle, and found a veil that worked well with my gown. I loved my dress, and Hope's did a good job for me.

Profile Picture Meredith, 9/10/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a great experience at Hope's Atkin's location. Ariel helped me find the perfect wedding dress. I told her what I was looking for and we were able to find exactly what I wanted in the second dress I tried on. I live on the other side of the country, but will be getting married back in Iowa. Hope's said they would be flexible to work with my schedule for alterations when I was in town next. They will store the dress up until the day of the wedding, and provide free steaming. Thanks again, Ariel!

Profile Picture User6131502, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Tuxedo Rentals, Veils

I went to Hope's in Atkins first to try on wedding dresses. I didn't find anything but we did try on bridesmaids dresses while we were there and found a couple that we liked. A few months later, I went to Hope's in Davenport to look at their bridesmaids dresses. The saleswoman was very helpful and made a few suggestions based on the types of dresses I was picking. I knew I wanted short dresses since it was a summer wedding, but she pulled a long dress that she knew came in a short style. I asked if they could bring in one of the dresses I tried on at the Atkins location before I decided and it wasn't a problem for them at all. I ended up going with the short style of the long dress she suggested - I never would have taken it off the rack if it wasn't for her! They were a bit pricey, but all the other dresses I looked at were in the same price range. What surprised me the most was how long they took to come in - they took a month longer than my wedding dress! I ended up paying for a rush to make sure my girls got them in enough time to make alterations.

Profile Picture Matt, 7/23/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bridesmaids

Hope's Bridal is great. They really make you feel comfortable and beautiful. They are able to listen to your vision of your special day and help make it come true. They are so willing to work with you on your budget as well.

Profile Picture User5630310, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Shoes, Veils

Cannot say enough good things about Hope's. They made my experience one I will NEVER forget. I was treated like an absolute queen, I was the only bride to be in the store. The staff even stayed almost an hour after closing to help me feel completely positive about my dress choice. Every staff member I came into contact with was so incredibly sweet. Every bride to be needs to come here for the experience every little girl dreams of.

Profile Picture User5130702, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bridal Gowns, Veils, Bride

The ladies here are so helpful. They were great with picking out dresses based on my budget and what I was looking for!

Profile Picture Rena, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I found my wedding dress a few weeks ago at Hope's in Atkins, and it was a great experience! I had been to several other bridal stores before visiting Hope's, but hadn't been able to find a dress I loved that fit my budget. I appreciated that my friends, family, and I got to look through the gowns and pull things that I liked. In the end, the first dress my consultant (Ariel) pulled ended up being "the one." I'm so grateful to have found such a beautiful dress that was perfectly in budget!

Profile Picture User4733454, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I couldn't have asked for a better experience at hopes! They helped me find my perfect dress and keep me sane while the stress of my wedding was really getting to me. We got our tuxes and bridesmaids dresses through them also and everything went so smoothly. I just felt like they went the extra mile and really made me feel like my wedding and I mattered to them and I wasn't just another customer. I would highly recommend hopes to anyone!

Profile Picture Hannah, 1/2/16, 1 Review
3.9

I went to Hope's Bridal after shopping at many other places for my wedding dress. I walked in and saw the dress I knew I wanted in their catalog. They had the dress in the store and I tried it on and purchased it right away. The staff is very nice and knowledgeable. They actually encouraged me shopping elsewhere for things like a belt and veil rather than making changes to what they had there because it would save me money, which I appreciated. They have many gowns in the store to look at, but I did notice that many of them seemed a little dated. They also have a large selection of bridesmaid dresses (I also found my bridesmaid dress there) and veils. They also have an in-house seamstress which is nice. My only complaint is that they seem understaffed at times; I would be left alone for 5-10 minutes during an appointment because someone else came into the store or the phone rang and only one person was available to help. Overall, great experience and I know that my dress is in good hands with them!

Profile Picture User3739308, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Amazing staff! Extremely helpful. They really want every bride to find of the dress of her dreams and work hard to help her.

Profile Picture Aimee, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

My experience was a little goofy and I'll try to explain as best as I can-- I went to the Atkins (alone just to browse) location, found a dress, and the alterations manager quoted me a VERY fair price for an off the rack one-of-a-kind dress. I said that I had to let my mom see it before I could make a final decision and they said they would take it to their Davenport location. I stopped in a week and a half-2 weeks later just to see if they had the dress at in Davenport, and they did. I made an appointment to come back the very next day. Up until this point EVERYTHING was perfect. Everyone was WONDERFUL to work with, very helpful, they were creative in finding alternatives and accessories, they were great. UNTIL I came back that next day. The sales associate I had worked with the day before was stuck in an appointment (completely understandable) so the store manager helped me in the dress to show my mother and future mother-in-law. When I said that I was ready to purchase, she told me that the ONLY deal she could give me with $100 off the ticket price. THIS WAS $300 MORE THAN I WAS QUOTED 2 WEEKS BEFORE. When I asked her why I wasn't given the same price her response was "Every time you come into the store, the price goes up." I was floored. I calmly told her I didn't want the dress, and I left, extremely upset. I decided to call the owner of the store just to find out if that was standard policy, or what exactly was going on. She was so so so incredible nice, and told me that their business was to not only sell wedding dresses, but to make my wedding a pleasant and fun experience. She did NOT agree with that statement. She offered me the dress at a price that was way better than before. That part was just a bonus for me. To have the owner truly understand my frustration with a specific manager, and really care about how her own business is ran, shows a me that she is a good person and that she is in the business for the right reasons; to take care of the brides.

Profile Picture Hilary, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The staff was extremely helpful and wonderful to work with! They allowed me to take pictures of dresses I tried on which was extremely helpful in determining my favorite dresses, other stores didn't allow pictures. I decided to remove the straps from my dress and the alterations were perfect!

Profile Picture Sydney, 8/21/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Bridal Gowns, Veils

I had an absolutely fantastic experience wedding dress shopping at Hope's Atkins location (aka: The Pink Barn). My consultant helped me find the perfect dress within my budget! I live in the Quad Cities, so they were more than happy to get the dress sent to their Davenport location for the alterations to be done. I would absolutely recommend going to either location for brides looking for their wedding dresses or girls looking for a prom dress!

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Lauren was extremely helpful. She listened to what I wanted and wasn't at all pushy. She took the time to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. There is a wide variety of dresses and they're priced very fairly. I would recommend Hope's Bridal to anyone!

Profile Picture User4232891, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

The ladies at Hope's were very good at helping me find my Maggie dress. They had a dress sent over from their other store so I could try it on and they were very nice to my family while they were waiting. They also threw in the veil with the dress and hair piece purchase. I can't wait for our red,white and blue 4th of July I do's!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I LOVE HOPE'S BRIDAL! I went to the shop near Cedar Rapids to find my wedding dress. They had a great selection and an amazing staff to help me find the dress of my dreams. They listen, are flexible, and are very professional. I love how much knowledge they have over their merchandise and how they never pressure you to buy something. I will definitely recommend Hopes to other brides I know :) :)

Profile Picture User4233969, 2+ years ago, 1 Review