Hoopes Events Reviews

Hoopes Events 5
Hoopes Events 6
Hoopes Events 7

Jenn Ebling · Getting married on 06/05/2020

We feel so lucky to have found Hoopes!

Angela Menlove at Hoopes helped my (now) husband and I plan our destination wedding in Salt Lake City a few weeks ago. We feel incredibly lucky to have found Angela and couldn’t have possibly had a better experience. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful, and because Angela was so organized and on top of everything, we got to truly enjoy and be present for the day. From the beginning, Angela was a complete joy to work with. She’s lovely, friendly, and was always completely on top of every single detail. She never dropped a single ball, and made sure our many vendors didn’t either. Because we live out of town and are very busy with our jobs, we made only two trips to Salt Lake in advance of our wedding (and only had two total days of planning on the ground there). She gave us excellent vendor referrals. Coming from out of town, we had no idea where to start and couldn’t take the time to meet most of our vendors so we were a little nervous, but everyone we hired on her recommendation was excellent. She also provided a lot of knowledge and expertise when it came to rentals, and really helped us stay in our budget by giving us options and suggestions at different price points. We had a pretty unique hybrid Hind-western ceremony. Angela was familiar enough with the Hindu wedding traditions and local Hindu priest to provide helpful advice on that front as well. Finally, I’d like to add that we shopped around for wedding planners and Hoopes offered very competitive pricing.

Sent on 06/05/2019

Steve Niederman · Married on 08/25/2019

Tony Hoopes is the best event planner we have ever used.

We just had a wedding in Park City UT, which was not wasy to plan, as we live in the Washington DC area. We were able to pull off a very successful event due to the help of Tonya Hoopes. For the amount of work she put in on our behalf, I believe we underpaid her for her efforts. She became a trusted advisor and friend of the family due to her sincere desire to ensure we had the perfect event. Unfortuantly, we had a very difficult time with the company who provided the venue and food. Tonya ran interference for us and helped resolve many of the issues. By the time of the wedding, no one would notice that things were so difficult in the planning process. Without Tonya's help, I can only imagine the issues that might have popped up. Tonya not only helped with much of the plannning, but she also provided many of the decorations at the event, which I would highly recommmend using her for. She was there all day from the rehearsal to staying till the end of the party. It was nice having her running the event like clockwork. Tonya is most receptive to input and fufilling the requirements of of her clients. Although she was not expensive, she was worth every penny and much more. We liked her so much that we even tipped her twice to show our appreciation. She took on more than she signed up for, but never complanined. Our family could not recommend her more to anyone thinking of having an event of any type in the Salt Lake area. You simply cannot pull off a successful event without help and Tonya is the best we have ever seen.

Sent on 09/14/2019

Jacqueline · Married on 08/24/2019

Say I do to Hoopes!

Working with Tonya for month-of-coordination was easily one of the best decisions we made. I cannot stress enough what a pleasure it was to work with her - she continually blew us away with her professionalism. We were doing the bulk of the planning ourselves and were budget conscious which meant that working with someone flexible, creative and solution-oriented was critical. Planning a destination wedding can be stressful, but it was such a relief that we could rely on her to oversee so many things that we either unable or ill-equipped to manage. For every question we had, she had an answer (quickly!) and every problem we encountered a solution. The month-of-coordination was essential as the tasks ahead can seem paramount, but working with her, we never felt that any stone was left unturned. She was always one step ahead and it helped that she has great relationships with so many of the local vendors, making our lives so much easier. Beyond just the planning aspect, the ceremony and reception were executed flawlessly and entirely to our vision. We are so grateful to her and would HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie Rothman · Married on 07/20/2019

Hoopes Events was amazing!

I was very fortunate to find Hoopes Events to help plan my daughter’s wedding in Utah. I live in another state so it was important to have someone I could trust and could see my daughter’s vision for her day. Tonya Hoopes is a true professional that cares about the event and the people involved in it. Her timeliness, planning, vendor communications, ability to stay within a budget, and her caring way made my daughter’s wedding perfect!! I am so grateful for everything that she did!

Sent on 07/23/2019
    Hoopes Events 8
    Hoopes Events 9
    Hoopes Events 10
    Hoopes Events 11

Season · Married on 09/29/2018

We just got married in Sundance and Tonya Hoopes was our wedding coordinator. She took care of everything so we wouldn’t have to stress. She was extremely organized and had everything planned out to the tiniest detail. She was worth every penny.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Matthew Oliver · Married on 09/29/2018

Helped our dream day come true

Hoopes was amazing. Angela helped us make our big day spectacular. We waiting a little late in the game to get to the planning and even though that was case she helped us get everything off without a hitch. We had lots of special requests, from elaborate decor, to games to a Harry Potter themed candy bar and Angela made sure to help us make everything go smoothly. She was great at making sure we covered things we wouldn't have otherwise thought of so that there weren't any surprised. People are still coming up to us, months and months later talking about how beautiful everything was and how cool the decor was. Angela played a huge role in that! We are so happy we had her help and would absolutely recommend her and Hoopes to anyone who needs wedding (or other event) help.

Sent on 04/07/2019
  • Jason

Jason Gonzalez · Married on 09/28/2018

Excellent. One Stop shop!!

Excellent, professional services. They completely took care of my needs and made my dream event possible. Enjoy the staff. Clean and great furniture and decorations. Understood my budget and delivered above my expectations. I will always use them for my events.

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Hoopes Events 12
    Hoopes Events 13
    Hoopes Events 14

Hannah · Married on 09/15/2018

I worked with Hoopes events for my September wedding at Park city Mountain resort. I booked them for “month of” wedding planning service and I am SO HAPPY I did! Even before the month of my wedding they offered vendor suggestions which were crucial to my out of town planning. Practically every vendor for my wedding was a result of their suggestion and ALL OF THEM were fantastic! Angela is the girl you NEED for your wedding day! She made me feel taken care of, eased all of my concerns and was VERY detail oriented! EVERYTHING from my rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, reception, and exit were PERFECTION because of this team. I used their decor rental service for practically all of the decorations and they were stunning! I owe the success of my wedding to Hoopes events, THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Linsey · Married on 08/15/2018

Our day was magical thanks to Angela and Hoopes.

Sent on 08/31/2018

Halie · Married on 08/11/2018

Working with Hoopes Events was an amazing experience! They were very professional and easy to work with. Everything looked amazing for our big day and it is exactly what we were looking for!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Gary · Married on 07/14/2018

We've planned two of our kids' weddings with Tonya. We wouldn't trust anyone else with the setup or decoration. It's so comforting knowing that everything will be better than you had hoped when she arrives with her crew. Everything was perfect---TWICE!

Sent on 07/17/2018
    Hoopes Events 15
    Hoopes Events 16
    Hoopes Events 17
    Hoopes Events 18
    Hoopes Events 19
    Hoopes Events 20

Bri · Married on 07/07/2018

We worked with Angela from Hoopes Events in planning our wedding, and she was phenomenal. She was professional, fun, friendly, and helped make our wedding perfect. Planning the wedding was enjoyable with her, and she made the day of the wedding run smoothly so we didn't have to worry about any details. I would absolutely recommend her for any planning needs!

Sent on 07/26/2018
    Hoopes Events 21
    Hoopes Events 22

Mary · Married on 06/23/2018

I am happy to recommend Tonya Hoopes of Hoopes Events. Tonya tailored her services for our daughter's wedding, fitting our needs, vision and budget. Her excellent communication skills were key for us as our bride and groom live on the East Coast, we live on the West Coast and the wedding was in Park City, Utah.

Tonya responded quickly to our texts, e-mails and phone calls. She listened carefully, asked detailed questions and confirmed replies on issues, both big and small. She also had a great rapport with the venue staff, the caterer, the photographer and the DJ which helped things run smoothly.

On the big day, Tonya orchestrated the event like a maestro. Her experience was apparent, and her professionalism shined through. She was calm and collected under pressure, making it all appear effortless. There was a nice flow to everything, and she created such a beautiful setting. Best of all, we knew we were in good hands so we could all relax, have fun and enjoy our special day. Thank you, Tonya! You're the best!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Brooklyn Bradford · Married on 06/23/2018

Best experience for a destination wedding

We planned a destination wedding in Park City with the amazing help from Hoopes Events. From the first phone call, we were impressed by the professionalism, friendliness and enthusiasm of each person at Hoopes. We were paired with Angela and we couldn’t have been luckier. She was attentive and responsive to every concern or question we had during the process. Angela accompanied us on our site visit and met with our vendors which we greatly appreciated because she took the time to really understand our “vision” and what mattered the most to us. We used several rental pieces from Hoopes including chairs, linens, and vases which looked great and were well priced. The week of the wedding was enjoyable as we were confident that our wedding planner was working with all of our vendors and setting everything in motion. The day of the wedding ran perfectly as Angela created a perfect timeline for our needs and took care of everything so that we were able to enjoy the day without stress. I cannot fully express how much we loved Hoopes Events, we would highly recommend their services. Angela was the best wedding planner. Angela’s kindness, efficiency, and compassion helped make our wedding a dream come true.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Krystal · Married on 06/01/2018

Being a busy, full-time working mom, left me with little time to plan and coordinate my wedding, so I reached out to Hoopes, where I was paired with Angela Menlove. Angela was seriously fabulous! Angela made my vision a reality and left me with not a single stress factor on my wedding day. She truly committed to the entire day and stayed until late that evening ensuring everything was wrapped up and settled. If you are looking for a wedding planner, Angela is your gal!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Ashley · Married on 04/28/2018

My whole experience with Hoopes was a delight from start to finish. My decorator was amazing and totally understood what my vision was and helped me put together the wedding of my dreams.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Alexandra · Married on 04/20/2018

Hoopes Events did a fantastic job with the planning and execution of our Wedding. We knew what we wanted but we didn't want everything falling on our family's shoulders from setup to take down and timing of everything. We worked with Angela and it was so great knowing that we were able to relax and enjoy the moment, and so was our bridal party, and our mom's and family members. :) They were all so accommodating, flexible, easy to reach, and took on extra things that I was planning on doing myself...Thanks for making everything turn out so perfectly!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Erica · Married on 03/27/2018

Angela was a delight to work with at Hoopes Events. They helped us with decor and activities for our closing night event for our annual conference that we had at the Salt Palace Convention Center this past year. They came with innovative ideas and knew what we wanted that tied together with the theme. Their customer service was excellent! Highly recommend Hoopes Events to anyone planning an event!

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Hoopes Events 23
    Hoopes Events 24
    Hoopes Events 25
  • julia

julia · Married on 02/03/2018

I worked with Angela for our wedding at Deer Valley this Feb and she was such a pleasure to work with! She managed working with our vendors easily, the venue looked beautiful the day of, and most importantly she was a calming presence throughout the experience which is what you need in a coordinator. Everything went super smoothly and I would recommend her in a heartbeat.

Sent on 02/28/2018
  • MonicaMooreSmith

Monica · Married on 02/03/2018

I had a specific budget, but still wanted really gorgeous decor. The reception was in a large venue and I didn't want the decor swallowed up in the surroundings. Hoopes worked with me to get exactly what I wanted within my budget. I highly recommend Angela and the entire Hoopes team!

Sent on 03/29/2018
    Hoopes Events 26
    Hoopes Events 27
    Hoopes Events 28
  • W

wendy · Married on 12/29/2017

We live in St. George and I had some trouble finding a wedding planner (there seems to only be one in town who was booked that day, six months in advance!) I was worried about what to do and found Hoopes Weddings on line. I am so glad I found them!!! They are absolutely awesome to work with!! They have all the rentals that you would ever need and they are very willing to bring them to St. George. We rented a gorgeous wooden arch for the ceremony and 130 white padded chairs. They also have beautiful wood chairs and farm tables, among other things. My daughter and I lined up all the vendors in advance and had a rough outline of how we wanted things to happen. I then worked with Angela, who took over all the planning the month prior to the wedding. (There is an option to have Hoopes do ALL of the planning... lining up vendors, ect., but I wanted to do some of that myself with my daughter) Angela was totally amazing to work with! She took all of the stress off of me because she followed up with everyone and made sure they knew exactly what to do and what time to arrive. She also created a timeline for the day of the wedding and kept everything on schedule. If I had any concerns all I had to do was tell her and she would handle it. I was so glad to have her advice and knowledge as this was my first daughter to get married. I was able to come to the wedding and just be a guest. I didn't have to worry about a thing! Angela is so friendly and fun to work with. She literally made the whole event so enjoyable for me. If you are wondering if having a wedding planner is really necessary, believe me, it is worth every penny!!! I will do it the same way when my other daughter gets married. And I would definitely recommend Hoopes Weddings to anyone and especially Angela!! They are seriously the best!! Thank you so much Angela!!

Sent on 01/05/2018
    Hoopes Events 29

Alexis · Married on 11/18/2017

I can *not* recommend Hoopes enough. I would give this 10 stars if I could! Angela was the reason my mom didn't have a meltdown from the moment we walked into Hoopes all through my wedding. She was extremely helpful and got straight on board with our ideas, no matter how unique the requests. I was averse to hiring a wedding planner at first, but I can't stress enough how grateful I am we had Angela to help us make our ideas a reality. The wedding was the best day my husband and I could have asked for, and the bridesmaids/groomsmen were amazed at how little they had to do to help. Angela took care of just about everything. :)

Sent on 01/11/2018

Meghan · Married on 09/02/2017

From our first phone call with Tonya to the wrap-up conversations after the event, our entire experience with Hoopes Weddings was fantastic. Our daughter had mentally planned her wedding for years, so began the planning with lists of ideas and desires. Tonya and her team listened and advised so that the end result was everything she had envisioned! Tonya helped monitor costs and repeatedly found ways to get us what we wanted for less than our first options came in at. Her can-do attitude and calm demeanor helped us all enjoy the entire wedding weekend! We highly recommend Hoopes Weddings!!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Tasha · Married on 09/02/2017

Thank you for such a wonderful day. I'm not sure how we would have done this all on our own. If you are wondering if you should hire a wedding planner just go for it. The planning is already so stressful especially the day of. Having a planner to advise what vendors to use, book them and schedule meetings relieves so much stress. If you are still unsure at least book a wedding planner for the day of your wedding. It was so nice to not have to worry about everything on the big day. There's already so many other things you have to worry about! Hoopes did a wonderful job and our wedding was beautiful. Not only did it go off without a hitch we now have expert vendors for future parties. Thanks so much!!

Sent on 10/23/2017