Hoopes Events Reviews

133 | Midway, UT

133 Reviews for Hoopes Events

Monet · Getting married on 05/21/2021

Tonya and her team at Hoopes Events are matchless in their field for planning, coordinating and executing any event! They took our wedding from a semi-cohesive thought to a magical evening that will be forever perfect in our memories. After reading various planning books we had too many ideas and zero knowledge about where to even start. We ran to Tonya in a hot frantic mess. After the first five minutes she had reorganized our cookie cutter plans into a unique direction that fit our ideal concept so very well. Tonya has this beautiful ability to take away the stress of planning and make it fun! Everything is so well organized and coordinated on a daily basis it’s easy to place 100% confidence in her. She thinks of everything before it can grow into a problem. We had heard from our married friends to plan for something to go wrong on our wedding day. Well, we can honestly say that was not the case – indeed everything exceeded our expectations. At no point during the whole process were we worried about anything. All we had to do was show up and have a great time! We would (and do!) recommend Hoopes Events to any stranger, friend, business associate, or family member for any event!

Sent on 11/04/2016
  • Z

Zara Anderson · Getting married on 03/07/2021

Hoopes made our day perfect

We planned our wedding from out of state and hiring Hoopes was the best decision we made! All our vendors were recommended by Hoopes and we were happy with all of them. When we first contacted Hoopes we worked with Angela, who made something that was starting to feel more stressful than fun start to feel like we really could plan a perfect day. We signed up for the “month of” planning package which worked out great—Hoopes was available to answer our questions before the month of, and the month of the wedding they handled everything. Our coordinator was Tonya, who was beyond amazing. Anytime we were feeling stressed talking to her would calm all our worries! When unforeseen last-minute issues popped up, she handled them seamlessly. Our wedding was better than we ever imagined, and it couldn’t have happened without Hoopes. Cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 02/22/2020
  • Alessandra

Alessandra Wortmann · Married on 12/02/2020

Amazing work

I have worked with hoopes many times. Tonya and her team are always on top of things and they are so easy to work with. I love when I know they are planning the wedding as I can come and the cake table is always ready. They have great communication as far as delivery times and scheduling. I totally recommend them!

Sent on 02/12/2020

Lesli Williams · Married on 10/10/2020

Angela Menlove: Amazing Wedding Planner...Second to none!!

Planning a destination wedding, long distance, at an outdoor venue, during a pandemic could have been a little stressful. But thanks to Angela Menlove from Hoopes Events, we did not have to worry about anything. We met Angela back in August when we flew to Utah for wedding planning. After our first meeting, we knew that we were in good hands. Her personality, smile, attention to detail, knowledge of vendors, take charge attitude and calming demeanor told us within 2-minutes that she was the planner we wanted (and needed) for our daughter's wedding. Angela took care of EVERYTHING! Wedding weekend events went off without a hitch. From the Friday rehearsal to the "day of" activities, Angela took care of it all. There is no challenge that she could not solve. We loved her so much that our intention is to fly her to Florida when our third daughter gets married. Thank you Angela for making K & S's wedding day PERFECT!

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Sherri

Sherri Brussel · Married on 06/20/2020

Summer Wedding

We were more than happy with Hoopes Events. Tony and Stephanie did a fabulous job in making sure every detail was complete and perfect. We had a change of venue at the last moment and they handled it really well. The wedding was absolutely perfect, beautiful, and I didn't need to worry about the flow of events! We could not have been happier with Hopes Events, and I will recommend them to friends.

Sent on 08/26/2020

Jenn Ebling · Married on 06/05/2020

We feel so lucky to have found Hoopes!

Angela Menlove at Hoopes helped my (now) husband and I plan our destination wedding in Salt Lake City a few weeks ago. We feel incredibly lucky to have found Angela and couldn’t have possibly had a better experience. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful, and because Angela was so organized and on top of everything, we got to truly enjoy and be present for the day. From the beginning, Angela was a complete joy to work with. She’s lovely, friendly, and was always completely on top of every single detail. She never dropped a single ball, and made sure our many vendors didn’t either. Because we live out of town and are very busy with our jobs, we made only two trips to Salt Lake in advance of our wedding (and only had two total days of planning on the ground there). She gave us excellent vendor referrals. Coming from out of town, we had no idea where to start and couldn’t take the time to meet most of our vendors so we were a little nervous, but everyone we hired on her recommendation was excellent. She also provided a lot of knowledge and expertise when it came to rentals, and really helped us stay in our budget by giving us options and suggestions at different price points. We had a pretty unique hybrid Hind-western ceremony. Angela was familiar enough with the Hindu wedding traditions and local Hindu priest to provide helpful advice on that front as well. Finally, I’d like to add that we shopped around for wedding planners and Hoopes offered very competitive pricing.

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Sherry

Sherry Mcgowin · Married on 04/01/2020

Hoopes Events

I highly recommend Tonya Hoopes and Hoopes Events! They are Fantastic! We had a tricky venue ( ski lodge mid-mountain), with limited time to set up and decorate, but Tonya and her team handled it with ease. From start to finish, it was a pleasure to work with this business. Phone calls and emails were always returned promptly. She was conscious of the budget, and willing to make adjustments along the way. Tonya also has valuable relationships with with local vendors, such as a calligrapher and videographer. With Tonya overseeing all of the details of the ceremony, dinner, and reception, I was able to visit with our guests. Tonya and her assistants helped ensure that my daughter and her husband had a wonderful wedding. Hiring Hoopes Events was a very good move!

Sent on 02/11/2020

Kelly · Married on 09/21/2019

Personality and Professionalism

From the first meeting with had with Angela, we knew we had nothing to worry about. We could tell she had the personality where she was going to be ON IT and she was! We live in Denver and got married in Park City, so we had a few in person meetings and the rest were over the phone and everything will went so smoothly! Angela was always available to talk and so responsive with her emails. My parents are both in their late 70s so I was really concerned with how they would do in the altitude. Angela gave me recommendations for oxygen and helped us out with getting wheelchairs coordinated. My parents were so grateful. I received a lot of comments from friends and family on how great Angela was and how on top of everything she was and I said...I KNOW! She was a rockstar and I know our day went off flawlessly because of her

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Cristal

Cristal Lyn · Married on 09/20/2019

Hiring Hoopes was the best decision I made

I found Hoopes online through reviews so I want to be sure to share my feedback!

We were thrown quite a curve ball the day of my wedding in that due to a completely unforeseeable situation, our venue became unavailable. I work as a project manager and can admit I am a very hands-on and organized person. I originally did not plan to hire any additional planning or coordinating services but finally decided an extra pair of hands would be helpful. Even if everything had gone according to plan, Roberta & Shelby were SO much more than just the extra pair of hands I thought I needed. There was no way any of us could have predicted the last minute venue change, but Roberta & Shelby handled it flawlessly. Without them, no amount of my organization or planning could have pulled off our wedding the way they did.

Roberta was incredibly professional. She notified me early on of the changes, but only after she had time to begin working out a new action plan. I appreciated being kept in the loop, but also appreciated that she didn't call me the second the news broke...informing me of problems without potential solutions to offer would have been extra stress I didn't need in that moment.

Roberta & Shelby were also absolutely in sync with Park City Resort and all of my other vendors. The communication and coordination was excellent. Because they had both taken the time to get to know me and understand my vision in the weeks leading up to the wedding, they did an amazing job of recreating our decor in a new venue space. Everything was exactly how I would have liked to see it, even though I wasn't available to provide any input.

The planning leading up to our wedding was also perfectly executed. Roberta & Shelby asked the right questions, ran with my ideas, and prompted me to think about different approaches when appropriate. Roberta & Shelby are both extremely capable and professional, but what makes them stand a part from other professionals in your field is how genuine they are. They genuinely wanted to make this wedding my dream wedding, and they went above and beyond at every turn. Roberta even offered to hold our guest's baby during dinner so the couple could enjoy their meal. Although this wasn't something I saw, at least 20 of my guests did notice and made a point to tell me how amazing the Hoopes team was! That's exactly the kind of detail only a person genuinely committed to delivering an above and beyond experience would even think to do.

My husband (!) and I are blown away by the HOOPES team.

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Allie

Alliw · Married on 08/31/2019

Dream wedding by Hoopes!

My family and I worked with Angela Menlove for partial wedding planning and I could not recommend her (and Hoopes) more! Angela was fantastic in the planning and coordination leading up to the wedding, and we had our dream wedding because of her efforts. She was a life saver in negotiations, vendor selection, and coordination for all contracts and timeline of our wedding. Angela is a super nice and very easy to work with. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a stress free wedding experience!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Steve Niederman · Married on 08/25/2019

Tony Hoopes is the best event planner we have ever used.

We just had a wedding in Park City UT, which was not wasy to plan, as we live in the Washington DC area. We were able to pull off a very successful event due to the help of Tonya Hoopes. For the amount of work she put in on our behalf, I believe we underpaid her for her efforts. She became a trusted advisor and friend of the family due to her sincere desire to ensure we had the perfect event. Unfortuantly, we had a very difficult time with the company who provided the venue and food. Tonya ran interference for us and helped resolve many of the issues. By the time of the wedding, no one would notice that things were so difficult in the planning process. Without Tonya's help, I can only imagine the issues that might have popped up. Tonya not only helped with much of the plannning, but she also provided many of the decorations at the event, which I would highly recommmend using her for. She was there all day from the rehearsal to staying till the end of the party. It was nice having her running the event like clockwork. Tonya is most receptive to input and fufilling the requirements of of her clients. Although she was not expensive, she was worth every penny and much more. We liked her so much that we even tipped her twice to show our appreciation. She took on more than she signed up for, but never complanined. Our family could not recommend her more to anyone thinking of having an event of any type in the Salt Lake area. You simply cannot pull off a successful event without help and Tonya is the best we have ever seen.

Sent on 09/14/2019

Jacqueline · Married on 08/24/2019

Say I do to Hoopes!

Working with Tonya for month-of-coordination was easily one of the best decisions we made. I cannot stress enough what a pleasure it was to work with her - she continually blew us away with her professionalism. We were doing the bulk of the planning ourselves and were budget conscious which meant that working with someone flexible, creative and solution-oriented was critical. Planning a destination wedding can be stressful, but it was such a relief that we could rely on her to oversee so many things that we either unable or ill-equipped to manage. For every question we had, she had an answer (quickly!) and every problem we encountered a solution. The month-of-coordination was essential as the tasks ahead can seem paramount, but working with her, we never felt that any stone was left unturned. She was always one step ahead and it helped that she has great relationships with so many of the local vendors, making our lives so much easier. Beyond just the planning aspect, the ceremony and reception were executed flawlessly and entirely to our vision. We are so grateful to her and would HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie Rothman · Married on 07/20/2019

Hoopes Events was amazing!

I was very fortunate to find Hoopes Events to help plan my daughter’s wedding in Utah. I live in another state so it was important to have someone I could trust and could see my daughter’s vision for her day. Tonya Hoopes is a true professional that cares about the event and the people involved in it. Her timeliness, planning, vendor communications, ability to stay within a budget, and her caring way made my daughter’s wedding perfect!! I am so grateful for everything that she did!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Season · Married on 09/29/2018

We just got married in Sundance and Tonya Hoopes was our wedding coordinator. She took care of everything so we wouldn’t have to stress. She was extremely organized and had everything planned out to the tiniest detail. She was worth every penny.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Matthew Oliver · Married on 09/29/2018

Helped our dream day come true

Hoopes was amazing. Angela helped us make our big day spectacular. We waiting a little late in the game to get to the planning and even though that was case she helped us get everything off without a hitch. We had lots of special requests, from elaborate decor, to games to a Harry Potter themed candy bar and Angela made sure to help us make everything go smoothly. She was great at making sure we covered things we wouldn't have otherwise thought of so that there weren't any surprised. People are still coming up to us, months and months later talking about how beautiful everything was and how cool the decor was. Angela played a huge role in that! We are so happy we had her help and would absolutely recommend her and Hoopes to anyone who needs wedding (or other event) help.

Sent on 04/07/2019
  • Jason

Jason Gonzalez · Married on 09/28/2018

Excellent. One Stop shop!!

Excellent, professional services. They completely took care of my needs and made my dream event possible. Enjoy the staff. Clean and great furniture and decorations. Understood my budget and delivered above my expectations. I will always use them for my events.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Hannah · Married on 09/15/2018

I worked with Hoopes events for my September wedding at Park city Mountain resort. I booked them for “month of” wedding planning service and I am SO HAPPY I did! Even before the month of my wedding they offered vendor suggestions which were crucial to my out of town planning. Practically every vendor for my wedding was a result of their suggestion and ALL OF THEM were fantastic! Angela is the girl you NEED for your wedding day! She made me feel taken care of, eased all of my concerns and was VERY detail oriented! EVERYTHING from my rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, reception, and exit were PERFECTION because of this team. I used their decor rental service for practically all of the decorations and they were stunning! I owe the success of my wedding to Hoopes events, THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Linsey · Married on 08/15/2018

Our day was magical thanks to Angela and Hoopes.

Sent on 08/31/2018

Halie · Married on 08/11/2018

Working with Hoopes Events was an amazing experience! They were very professional and easy to work with. Everything looked amazing for our big day and it is exactly what we were looking for!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Gary · Married on 07/14/2018

We've planned two of our kids' weddings with Tonya. We wouldn't trust anyone else with the setup or decoration. It's so comforting knowing that everything will be better than you had hoped when she arrives with her crew. Everything was perfect---TWICE!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Bri · Married on 07/07/2018

We worked with Angela from Hoopes Events in planning our wedding, and she was phenomenal. She was professional, fun, friendly, and helped make our wedding perfect. Planning the wedding was enjoyable with her, and she made the day of the wedding run smoothly so we didn't have to worry about any details. I would absolutely recommend her for any planning needs!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Mary · Married on 06/23/2018

I am happy to recommend Tonya Hoopes of Hoopes Events. Tonya tailored her services for our daughter's wedding, fitting our needs, vision and budget. Her excellent communication skills were key for us as our bride and groom live on the East Coast, we live on the West Coast and the wedding was in Park City, Utah.

Tonya responded quickly to our texts, e-mails and phone calls. She listened carefully, asked detailed questions and confirmed replies on issues, both big and small. She also had a great rapport with the venue staff, the caterer, the photographer and the DJ which helped things run smoothly.

On the big day, Tonya orchestrated the event like a maestro. Her experience was apparent, and her professionalism shined through. She was calm and collected under pressure, making it all appear effortless. There was a nice flow to everything, and she created such a beautiful setting. Best of all, we knew we were in good hands so we could all relax, have fun and enjoy our special day. Thank you, Tonya! You're the best!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Brooklyn Bradford · Married on 06/23/2018

Best experience for a destination wedding

We planned a destination wedding in Park City with the amazing help from Hoopes Events. From the first phone call, we were impressed by the professionalism, friendliness and enthusiasm of each person at Hoopes. We were paired with Angela and we couldn’t have been luckier. She was attentive and responsive to every concern or question we had during the process. Angela accompanied us on our site visit and met with our vendors which we greatly appreciated because she took the time to really understand our “vision” and what mattered the most to us. We used several rental pieces from Hoopes including chairs, linens, and vases which looked great and were well priced. The week of the wedding was enjoyable as we were confident that our wedding planner was working with all of our vendors and setting everything in motion. The day of the wedding ran perfectly as Angela created a perfect timeline for our needs and took care of everything so that we were able to enjoy the day without stress. I cannot fully express how much we loved Hoopes Events, we would highly recommend their services. Angela was the best wedding planner. Angela’s kindness, efficiency, and compassion helped make our wedding a dream come true.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Krystal · Married on 06/01/2018

Being a busy, full-time working mom, left me with little time to plan and coordinate my wedding, so I reached out to Hoopes, where I was paired with Angela Menlove. Angela was seriously fabulous! Angela made my vision a reality and left me with not a single stress factor on my wedding day. She truly committed to the entire day and stayed until late that evening ensuring everything was wrapped up and settled. If you are looking for a wedding planner, Angela is your gal!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Ashley · Married on 04/28/2018

My whole experience with Hoopes was a delight from start to finish. My decorator was amazing and totally understood what my vision was and helped me put together the wedding of my dreams.

Sent on 05/14/2018