13 Reviews for Honey's Baking

Cupcakes (3)
Consultations (3)
Custom Design (2)
13 Honey's Baking Reviews

My sister and I tasted Honey’s cake after a day of marathon cake tasting… and her cake still stood out among the rest! Honey was sweet, professional and most importantly, a wonderful baker! She responded to all emails promptly, answered my questions and brought my wedding cake vision to life. We opted for a chocolate and vanilla 3 tier combo; and she used her knowledge about cake weights to make sure it was sturdy and balanced (things I had never even considered, haha!). It was great to know that Honey had everything under control on the day of with set up too. We just told her the time and place and she took care of the rest... Finally tasting that cake when we cut it was a dream come true. Many guests had multiple pieces! Her ability to pour her talent into your cake with her personalized baking made it so it didn’t taste like “just another wedding cake.” It tasted like something homemade with all the elegance and drama of a wedding cake. Choose her and you will not regret it!

Profile Picture Caroline, 4/28/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

My husband and I loved working with Honey. Her cakes were too good to have to choose just a couple of flavors for our wedding. We will definitely continue to use Honey for all of our specialty cakes.

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Honey pulled off her first Surprise Wedding! It was a Fairytale that ended Happily Ever After! The chocolate cake was the biggest hit and the white cupcakes were perfectly delicious!! Since it was a surprise for the bride, things had to be done a little differently and Honey was so accommodating. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Jana, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Cake

Our guests are still taking about Honey's cakes! She was wonderful in helping us create a dessert table of complementary cake flavors to serve 350. We ended up with one two-tier cake for the the official cake cutting and 5 additional smaller cakes. It was an elegant display.

Profile Picture User6480131, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Honey is the best! She was extremely helpful from our first phone call to the day of the wedding. Her cupcakes are absolutely amazing! We especially loved the coconut and lemon raspberry!!! We went with the mini cupcakes and cake topper. She did an amazing job and it was exactly what we imagined. Our original wedding was scheduled for October but was cancelled when Hurricane Matthew came through. Honey was flexible rescheduling and was very responsive throughout the whole process. When we finally had the wedding, the cupcakes were incredible! I highly recommend Honey and cannot say enough!

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/7/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Honey was such a pleasure to work with! My husband and I were planning our wedding from afar so we very much relied on reviews to pick our baker. We definitely did not go wrong with picking Honey’s Baking. Honey was very accommodating and held our date until we had a chance to do a tasting. She had all of my top flavors available to try and I loved them all so much. I love a good cupcake and Honey’s rank at the top for me. All of our guests echoed our sentiment and drooled over the wedding cake when they had a chance to try it at our next day BBQ (we used it as a cutting cake only at the reception.) Since we were traveling post wedding we didn’t have a way to preserve the top for our first anniversary, but I will definitely be ordering one the next time we are in Charleston. Thank you Honey for being such a special part of our day. We love Honey’s Baking!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/29/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Delivery, Private Tastings

Our cake was amazing!! Firstly, let me start by saying wedding cake isn't something I normally get too excited about. I've been to many a wedding where the cake was just blah, a little dry, or just not very memorable. It was important to me that our cake taste great, looking spectacular wasn't high on my list. For me personally, I'm not a fan of fondant. Honey with Honey's Baking concentrates on buttercreams. We went for a tasting at her house and holy moly! Her cakes are GREAT! We actually fought over the leftovers later that night. We choose a pink champagne cake with a lemon buttercream frosting, for us (and many of our guests) this was the best wedding cake we'd ever had. By the way, our cake was also beautiful :) If you're looking for an easy to work with baker who concentrates on making delicious moist cakes, Honey Baking is for you! We also thought her prices were very reasonable.

Profile Picture Roxanna, 4/24/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We were recommended to Honey's Baking by a friend who used her for their wedding. At our tasting she had several cupcakes flavors that we chose ready for to taste with fun and interesting flavors. We chose several cupcake flavors to showcase at the reception. Honey even made us a small cake to cut during the reception. I've recommended Honey's Baking to several other friends for weddings and birthdays. Delicious!

Profile Picture Kirsten, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Setup, Delivery, Cupcakes

cake was yummy vanilla red velvet and had flowers on it and matched my theme

Profile Picture keri, 10/3/15, 5 Reviews
4.7

Honey's cakes were by far the tastiest that we tried in the Charleston area and as an added bonus, her prices were a little more affordable. We did not want the usual tiered/decorated wedding cakes and she was happy to make exactly what she wanted. There was one combination we received that was not quite what we ordered (I think it was the icing flavor was different). In the end, we did not care too much as it was still delicious. But if you are very picky, you may want to verify a couple times just before your wedding day.

Profile Picture Adam, 8/29/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Absolutely, without a doubt, the BEST service I could have asked for. We opted for cupcakes for our guests, and despite ordering extra, we did not have a single one left over. Everything was so delicious and moist...the perfect combo for tasty cupcakes. We also had Honey bake us a cake for cutting which was perfect for our needs. She was very prompt in getting the cakes delivered ahead of schedule and making sure things were displayed beautifully. Also, she does AMAZING gluten-free baking that tastes no different than "regular" desserts. I would not look anywhere else for baking needs...be it wedding or any other special occasion.

Profile Picture Charlie, 11/2/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The best cupcakes ever! Honey was flexible to make flavors we wanted. They were so delicious and a great value. She delivers on Sunday, which not all bakers will. She is so sweet to work with, you will love her!

Profile Picture User3637859, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Holy moly - this is the best cake I've ever had! And I've had a lot of cake.

From the cake tasting through the wedding Honey was very easy to work with and extremely flexible. And of course produced an amazing cake that all my guests loved!

One thing that really stood out to me, was the tasting. I've been to several cake tastings with other friends getting married and Honey's presentation blew me away. In the past, I have typically sat down and been served a few different flavors of squares of plain cake and then cups of types of frosting. With Honey, she actually baked small cakes in my favorite flavors and fully (and beautifully) frosted them So not only do you get to try what your cake would taste like fully done - but you ahve TONS to take home :)

We went with a yellow "birthday" cake and butter cream frosting and had a back up red velvet with cream cheese icing - both were amazing.

Her chocolate cake is unlike anything I ever tasted (but the groom is not as big of a chocolate junkie as me!). Its like a brownie cake of awesomeness! Definitely try it!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 3/23/13, 6 Reviews