Honey & Hive Reviews

Honey & Hive 5
  • Yanira

Yanira · Getting married on 03/15/2020

Most amazing photographer!

Nicole is the real deal! She is super sweet and will go the extra mile for you! We did our engagement shoot with her in Joshua Tree and the pictures came out ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. She really makes you feel comfortable. Could not have asked for anyone better. We are super excited for our wedding day. If you are looking for a photographer, book asap, promise you.

Sent on 07/16/2019

Karissa · Married on 09/29/2019

Amazing Photos and Incredible Service!

Nicole and her husband provided an amazing level of service for my recent wedding! My husband and I reached out to Nicole as soon as we found her gem of a company. We moved forward with meeting her to feel out our compatability and right away, we knew she was the right choice. She went above and beyond to be informative of her services and supportive of our vision. Throughout the entire process she was extremely responsive and helpful in figuring out wedding schedules and our engagement shoot. The engagement shoot itself was incredible! She worked her magic and and delivered the most gorgeous photos imaginable! On our wedding day, she and her husband made the perfect team, supporting our crazy schedule and family pictures, while also feeling like amazing friends that we had known our whole lives who were just there to support us. I will always cherish the experience I had with them from beginning to end and the pictures were beyond anything we could have ever dreamed of! If you're considering her services, BOOK HER! You will not regret it!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Megan

Megan Lloyd · Married on 09/02/2019

Love Nicki!

Nicki has been fantastic, we love love love our engagement photos she took at Vasquez Rocks. She made us feel comfortable, had us laughing and feeling mushy about each other the whole time. She is shooting our wedding 9/2/19 and we can't wait!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Genna McLaren · Married on 06/28/2019

An elopement photography dream experience!

My husband and I had planned an elopement on the Big Sur coast in early July, and we decided we wanted to find a local photographer to help us capture our special moment just before and after we exchanged vows. (It was symbolic, as we did the legal part before we left.) After looking through Nicki's photos online, I gave her a call to get a feel for if she'd be a good fit. In our initial phone conversation, Nicki was warm, engaging, asked lots of questions and really listened to what we had in mind. She had creative ideas for back up locations and was clearly willing to be flexible on the location and time of day for the shoot, as she wanted to ensure the best outcome for us based on lighting.

On the day of our elopement, we asked Nicki to meet in a remote location (that didn't even have cell service!). Not only did she beat us there, but she literally showed up with tricks up her sleeves (extra pockets to hold our cell phones) and a huge smile. Before we arrived, she scoped out a beautiful bridge that could be seen from the road and some other filtered light locations along the way. She trekked nearly 1/2 mile to the location we had chosen on coastline hike, and once we got there, she was so flexible and creative on her feet that she captured us in what felt like 5-6 different locations. The end result was a beautiful variety of scenery, landscapes, lighting and angles.

Nicki gave great direction and it never felt weird or forced. She stayed late without charging us extra because she wanted to make sure she had captured everything we hoped to. It was really windy, too, and I was anxious about my hair being a mess, and she reassured me that the movement would make for great photos -- and she was right!

She gave us an upfront estimate that was very reasonable, was prompt and clear with communication leading up to the photo shoot, and even pulled a "rabbit out of a hat" in her super busy wedding season schedule to edit our photos in time for our reception.

We are OVER THE MOON with our photos! She gave us an incredible variety of shots. Her turn around time was really fast, and her professionalism and photo gallery through her website made for one of the best parts of the whole elopement experience.

Without any reservations, I would recommend Nicki for your elopement. She's a total delight to work with, has a great sense of humor, strong attention to detail, was punctual and responsive, and she made me feel very comfortable.

Honey & Hive 6
    Sent on 07/31/2019

Erin · Married on 06/22/2019

Nicki is amazing and I would definitely recommend her!

My fiancé and I were both very nervous for our engagement session and didn’t know what to expect. However, Nicki was so fun to work with and made the session very comfortable! She exceeded all of our expectations on our photos and got them edited very quickly! I can’t wait to see our wedding day pictures!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Tiffany C · Married on 06/06/2019

Love ... Love ... Love

Our engagement photos turned out amazing! We were both nervous about being in front of the camera but Nicki put us at ease almost immediately. We love that she captured such sweet moments. We are looking forward to working with her again for our wedding in June.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Sheely · Married on 10/23/2018

Amazing experience

Nicki is absolutely amazing and talented! She was able to capture beautiful moments in our elopement ceremony. Very understanding and worked with last minute changes to our plans. Affordable rates and professional. There was also always great communication, even though we were in the East coast. Thank you for helping make our special day memorable!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Katie High · Married on 10/19/2018

Very easy to work with!

So pleased with Nicki and Tim and excited to see the finished product. Must book this husband and wife combo - so talented!

Honey & Hive 7
    Honey & Hive 8
    Honey & Hive 9
    Honey & Hive 10
    Sent on 11/03/2019

Dessirae · Married on 04/15/2017

The pictures I got from Nicole are better than I have ever gotten anywhere. She captured my girls in their every day laugh and smiles. She was able to capture the best photos I have ever had taken of my family. She is truly amazing and I will use her every time I need pictures taken!

Sent on 07/04/2018