Honey & Hive Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Reyana F. Married on 07/09/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

THE BEST photographer and photos!

Nicki was the BEST photographer and so much better than anything we could have imagined. After getting to know her over 3 years (a very delayed COVID wedding), we worked with her for both our engagement shoot and day of (her husband doing videography). Nicki made us feel so comfortable for two people who aren't always super comfortable with getting their photo taken, and we had so much fun on both of our shoots. She was incredibly flexible with our many reschedules, and super professional and fun - we definitely felt a comradeship
    Shirley C. Married on 05/28/2022

Best photographer ever!

Nicki from Honey & Hive and her husband, Tim, are literally *the best* humans ever and such a dynamic duo! Nicki is a ray of sunshine and was extremely helpful from the start with patiently answering all my questions and eager and willing to travel to get to our designated spots for photoshoots. She also has wonderful ideas for photoshoots and somehow always seem to work magic with her lighting and skills because all of our pictures came out radiating happiness and love - I don't know how she does it! Go with Nicki, you won't regret it!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Leana S. Married on 04/28/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Gorgeous photography, amazing person!

Nikki is such an amazing person. It’s so important to have some professional, experienced, fun, and NICE at your wedding. Nicole is all of these things. Tim, her husband, is also incredible to work with and such a sweet heart. They are a wonderful team and totally amazing at what they do. They really add to the fun and are a comforting presence to have there with you.

If you want beautiful photos from someone with a great attitude who is able to adapt to any situation that arises and really truly cares about you, I would absolutely book Nikki and Tim for your wedding.

Highly recommend!! Yes book them!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 04/16/2022

Best day of our lives!

Nicole is amazing! She showed up on time and really captured the best moments of our wedding. We decided to go with the package that does video because they really know how to show the special moments of the day with it. She is friendly and professional. She did an amazing interacting with all of guests. The quality of the photos is beautiful. We can see in the pictures how we felt that day. It was the best day of our lives and she captured the memories of that forever.
    Lynn Married on 11/13/2021

Best Choice I've Made So Far

Honey & Hive are extremely talented at what they do. Our engagement photos were gorgeous! We asked if we could include our boys (one of whom hates taking photos) and Honey & Hive were more than happy to do it. They even got our boys to actually enjoy the experience. We also at the last minute asked if they could do family photos for our best friends that were travelling with us and they were more than happy to oblige. We are excited that Honey & Hive will be capturing our big day and look forward to all that is to come.
  • Kiley
    Kiley F. Married on 10/23/2021

She's wonderful!

Nicki has been amazing so far and I know that our wedding day experience will be even better!! She's been awesome about scheduling, had a fantastic editing turn around time and was a lot of fun to be around for our engagement photo session. Honestly cannot wait for her to capture our wedding as well, she does a fantastic job ❤

Post wedding update
    Nicki is still wonderful! Having her for our wedding day was so much fun and she's really such a talent. From pinning in my veil for me to making sure my train was laid out just right for the first look: she was wonderful from start to finish. I've never felt like a model before but Nicki managed to make us into bridal magazine worthy models. I'll be bragging to my kid's kids about our photos!
    Andrew L. Married on 10/02/2021

You won’t regret it!

Nicki is amazing. She’s made one of the most stressful elements of planning a wedding a breeze. My fiancée and I are the least photogenic people out there, and she made us look great for our engagement shoot. We get loads of compliments on the photos. She provides a healthy balance of direction while allowing client discretion. I’ve worked with multiple photographers in the past for work events, and she’s gotta be the most polite of them all - no ego and no pressure. Her pricing is more than fair, and there isn’t a catch. We will definitely be hiring her for future shoots and can’t wait to see the photos from the big day.
  • Julia
    Julia J. Married on 09/18/2021

Wonderful and flexible photographer

Nicki is wonderful! I really appreciate how organized she is and how efficient her communication has been. She demonstrates respect and empathy during a stressful time in the wedding industry amidst COVID 19 and I am so glad we picked her to photograph our wedding in 2 weeks.
    We had a wonderful engagement session with her back in March and loved our windy Morro Bay shoot.
    Thank you Nicki and can't wait to see you in 2 weeks :)
    John L. Married on 08/07/2021

Amazing! 10/10 recommend

Nicki was such a delight to work with. She listen to what we both liked and found a location that suited us. She made both of us super comfortable and at ease when photographing us. Definitely recommend anyone who needs an awesome photographer!
  • Anjoli
    Anjoli P. Married on 07/28/2021

Stunning Photos, Best Experience

Nicki was amazing to work with from day one! When I called her up, she was so excited to hear about our story as a couple and worked with me closely on all the details of the shoot. My husband and I traveled to CA from out of state and Nicki made sure to coordinate with us along the way. She made us feel so comfortable and we had so much fun during the shoot. I love the way Nicki uses lighting and the landscape to create natural looking pictures. Additionally, Nicki was interested and respectful of our cultural traditions and even helped me pin my scarf to my Indian dress. Did I mention that Nicki edited our photos within two days?! My husband and our families will cherish these photos for years to come. Thank you Nicki!!
  • JENNIFER
    Jennifer M. Married on 06/19/2021

Bride & Groom Review

Nicki was a dream photographer to work with from start to finish! We had several very helpful planning calls, which really helped us get to know one another, and made our wedding day feel very calm and seamless. She set a timeline that was extremely helpful (and accurate!) to ensure we didn't have to rush through any photos. Our entire immediate family has been talking about how professional and warm Nicki was throughout our whole day, and how comfortable we all felt. And the photos are stunning! She captured our day perfectly, and we are so grateful to have these beautiful memories. The day was a whirlwind but the photos Nicki took bring us right back to our favorite moments, and smaller ones we may not have noticed! Couldn't recommend her enough.
    Maleah C. Married on 04/18/2021

Honey & Hive 💛

Nicki is the best ever! She is one of the kindest vendors I worked with, she made me feel so comfortable and at ease throughout the whole planning process and day of. She captured everything in her signature airy style. She has such an eye for detail and I am so so thankful I have such beautiful photos that captured the essence of the day. Beyond her talent, she is incredibly professional. I quickly ran through with her what photos were important to me and she captured family photos in such a timely and efficient manner while still capturing everyone’s personalities. She went above and beyond my expectations! I highly recommend booking Nicki 💛
  • Berlin
    Berlin G. Married on 01/17/2021

Talented, relatable, and understanding

If you're not used to being in front of the camera, Nicki can definitely change that for you. My fiance and I felt so comfortable taking our engagement photos with her. She really puts you at ease and makes it a fun time. She's super relatable and funny which makes the experience more like hanging out with a friend.

We received our engagement photos quickly too. When I opened the email, I was in awe of how beautifully she captured us and our love. They're beautiful photos and they're also full of love. She did an amazing job guiding us as 'models', capturing the natural light, and capturing our relationship. I would 100% recommend her to anyone needing an engagement or wedding shoot.

I'm excited to have her shoot our wedding. She has been such a gem throughout our corona virus postponement and so understanding. This is the type of person you want as a vendor with something so important in your life.
  • Brianna
    Brianna Married on 10/20/2020

Amazing Experience!

My fiancee and I had the MOST amazing experience with Nicki during our engagement shoot, and we cannot wait to have the same amazing experience with our wedding day. We're a same sex couple, and my fiancee Celeste is uncomfortable with PDA. Nicki and her husband Tim made us laugh and feel right at home even though we were standing in the middle of the California redwoods, and running through the ocean, and almost losing our pants (the ocean was not our friend). We had to reschedule once due to a family situation, but it was well worth the wait! If you're in need of a photographer, PLEASE, PLEASE do not hesitate hire Nicki as your photographer.
  • Alexa
    Alexa Married on 09/15/2020

AMAZING in every way!!

My fiance' Caleb and I met Nicki, (the owner of Honey & Hive photography) a little over a year ago when we were looking for a photographer for our wedding! When we first met with her, we were greeted with a friendly smile and a portfolio that she had ready for us to look at of her work. She was very informative and attentive to all of the questions we had for her and made the entire process so easy. It was obvious that she was the perfect photographer for us, so we decided to book with her! A few months later we met with her at the beach to do our engagement photo session that was complimentary with the photo package that we chose! Even after 8 years of being a couple, we had never taken any professional photos together so we didn't know what to expect and were both a little nervous at first. But Nikki made us feel SO comfortable and walked us through exactly what to do and also made it super fun at the same time! She spent a lot of time with us to make sure we got all of the photos we wanted and was very open to any photo ideas we had. The photos turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL, even better than we could have imagined! She captured our love perfectly and you could really see our personalities shine through in the photos! Now that we are getting closer to our wedding date, she has sent us a questionnaire to fill out so that she knows all of the special photos/moments that we want captured on our big day. So if you are looking for a photographer who is very professional, caring, easy going and photography that is affordable, stunning, and super high quality than look no further! Thank you Nicki, you're amazing! :)
    Katherine Married on 08/29/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

So accommodating and a great final product!

We had such a great experience with Nicki! She was super accommodating to squeezing us in for a last minute engagement shoot. She turned around the photos very quickly and we are so happy with how they turned out. If you’re looking for a great value for an engagement shoot, then look no further than Honey & Hive!
  • Boo
    Boo E. Married on 07/17/2020

The Perfect Choice

Nicki from Honey & Hive was absolutely fabulous and the perfect choice for our wedding day! I asked her a unique request and she was happy to do it! On the morning of our wedding, I asked if she would shoot my family and I running and the photos turned out incredible! Our wedding photos are also INCREDIBLE. We got so many amazing photos I literally can't choose favorites nor can I stop looking at them! Nicki was super helpful with setting a time line for our day and listened to what I wanted.
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 07/11/2020

Michelle P

We couldn’t be any happier with our engagement session ! Nicki was very punctual, communicative and most importantly outgoing. We were both very nervous but she was very engaging which made it easier for us. Our engagement photos were beautiful and it was exactly what we wanted! We can’t wait to have her photograph our wedding!
    Jo Hill Married on 06/12/2020

Most AMAZING photographer!

I cannot express to you how much this experience meant to me and my fiancé! Nicki was sweet and patient, she was able to direct us into the best poses, and provided us with some beautiful memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives! I recommend her to anyone that is looking for top quality results!!!
    Jillian K. Married on 05/22/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

More Than We Ever Hoped For!!

We LOVE Honey & Hive!!! Finding a photographer was a top priority in our vendor search and I didn't really know where to begin. Wedding Wire helped me find a variety of options in our area after none of the preferred photographers of our venue excited me. After reaching out for more information Niki was communicating with me within a couple hours of reaching out. We found out our date was one of very few available and we were signing a contract within days. At the time my fiancé was purely following my lead and going along with my decisions after he also liked the immense quality of Niki's work. After our engagement session we were walking to the car and he stopped and told me that he already felt confident in Niki, but after that experience she was the perfect choice and would capture our wedding day beautifully. Unfortunately our original wedding date was shifted by COVID-19 and Niki was has been nothing but accommodating and encouraging as we locked in a new date. Jointly my fiancé and I determined that other vendors could change, but we had to do whatever we needed to to keep Honey & Hive as part of our day. We cannot wait for Niki to capture the emotions and celebrations we will have. These are images we will share for years to come and there is nobody else I could recommend more to other couples looking for a photographer!!
    Gitana Married on 05/15/2020

Amazing! Highly recommend.

I have had 2 sessions with her. The pictures came out fabulous. Some of the stuff she has you do feels uncomfortable but listen to her the pictures will come out amazing! I highly recommend!

Honey & Hive's reply:

Haha! I just love you guys! I told you to trust me with the "leg thing" and they turned out AMAZING! So happy for you both and I'm so happy we were able to do your engagement session and elopement on your original wedding date! Looking forward to your big celebration next year!!
  • Kristin
    Kristin W. Married on 04/03/2020

Engagement Shoot

I am still amazed at how beautiful our engagement/family session turned out. Nicki recommended Bass Lake for our photo shoot and it was absolutely a stunning place to take photos. Nicki was so patient and kind with our 2 year old daughter. She also got our photos edited and sent to us ahead of schedule. I can’t wait for the wedding photos!
  • Yanira
    Yanira Married on 03/15/2020

Most amazing photographer!

Nicole is the real deal! She is super sweet and will go the extra mile for you! We did our engagement shoot with her in Joshua Tree and the pictures came out ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. She really makes you feel comfortable. Could not have asked for anyone better. We are super excited for our wedding day. If you are looking for a photographer, book asap, promise you.
  • Casey
    Casey Married on 03/14/2020

Amazing photographer, beautiful person

Nicole is a truly special photographer and person. We are SO incredibly happy we found her. I was very nervous for engagement photos because I had never done a professional photo shoot before but she made both of us feel so comfortable and happy, and she even managed to capture some beautiful photos of our dog. Our engagement photos are framed in our home and I always get compliments on how beautiful they are.
    Our wedding plans changed THREE times due to COVID-19 and Nicole was so supportive and helpful throughout the wedding planning mess. I can't wait to have her photograph our now (much smaller) elopement ceremony this July.
    Cannot recommend Nicole enough!
illustration stars