Honey & Hive Reviews

21 Reviews for Honey & Hive

• Brianna

Brianna · Getting married on 10/20/2020

Amazing Experience!

My fiancee and I had the MOST amazing experience with Nicki during our engagement shoot, and we cannot wait to have the same amazing experience with our wedding day. We're a same sex couple, and my fiancee Celeste is uncomfortable with PDA. Nicki and her husband Tim made us laugh and feel right at home even though we were standing in the middle of the California redwoods, and running through the ocean, and almost losing our pants (the ocean was not our friend). We had to reschedule once due to a family situation, but it was well worth the wait! If you're in need of a photographer, PLEASE, PLEASE do not hesitate hire Nicki as your photographer.

Sent on 01/11/2020
  • Alexa

Alexa · Getting married on 09/15/2020

AMAZING in every way!!

My fiance' Caleb and I met Nicki, (the owner of Honey & Hive photography) a little over a year ago when we were looking for a photographer for our wedding! When we first met with her, we were greeted with a friendly smile and a portfolio that she had ready for us to look at of her work. She was very informative and attentive to all of the questions we had for her and made the entire process so easy. It was obvious that she was the perfect photographer for us, so we decided to book with her! A few months later we met with her at the beach to do our engagement photo session that was complimentary with the photo package that we chose! Even after 8 years of being a couple, we had never taken any professional photos together so we didn't know what to expect and were both a little nervous at first. But Nikki made us feel SO comfortable and walked us through exactly what to do and also made it super fun at the same time! She spent a lot of time with us to make sure we got all of the photos we wanted and was very open to any photo ideas we had. The photos turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL, even better than we could have imagined! She captured our love perfectly and you could really see our personalities shine through in the photos! Now that we are getting closer to our wedding date, she has sent us a questionnaire to fill out so that she knows all of the special photos/moments that we want captured on our big day. So if you are looking for a photographer who is very professional, caring, easy going and photography that is affordable, stunning, and super high quality than look no further! Thank you Nicki, you're amazing! :)

Sent on 06/11/2020

Katherine · Getting married on 08/29/2020

So accommodating and a great final product!

We had such a great experience with Nicki! She was super accommodating to squeezing us in for a last minute engagement shoot. She turned around the photos very quickly and we are so happy with how they turned out. If you’re looking for a great value for an engagement shoot, then look no further than Honey & Hive!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Michelle · Getting married on 07/11/2020

Michelle P

We couldn’t be any happier with our engagement session ! Nicki was very punctual, communicative and most importantly outgoing. We were both very nervous but she was very engaging which made it easier for us. Our engagement photos were beautiful and it was exactly what we wanted! We can’t wait to have her photograph our wedding!

Sent on 05/27/2020

Jo Hill · Married on 06/12/2020

Most AMAZING photographer!

I cannot express to you how much this experience meant to me and my fiancé! Nicki was sweet and patient, she was able to direct us into the best poses, and provided us with some beautiful memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives! I recommend her to anyone that is looking for top quality results!!!

Sent on 02/09/2020

Jillian Kauffman · Married on 05/22/2020

More Than We Ever Hoped For!!

We LOVE Honey & Hive!!! Finding a photographer was a top priority in our vendor search and I didn't really know where to begin. Wedding Wire helped me find a variety of options in our area after none of the preferred photographers of our venue excited me. After reaching out for more information Niki was communicating with me within a couple hours of reaching out. We found out our date was one of very few available and we were signing a contract within days. At the time my fiancé was purely following my lead and going along with my decisions after he also liked the immense quality of Niki's work. After our engagement session we were walking to the car and he stopped and told me that he already felt confident in Niki, but after that experience she was the perfect choice and would capture our wedding day beautifully. Unfortunately our original wedding date was shifted by COVID-19 and Niki was has been nothing but accommodating and encouraging as we locked in a new date. Jointly my fiancé and I determined that other vendors could change, but we had to do whatever we needed to to keep Honey & Hive as part of our day. We cannot wait for Niki to capture the emotions and celebrations we will have. These are images we will share for years to come and there is nobody else I could recommend more to other couples looking for a photographer!!

Gitana · Married on 05/15/2020

Amazing! Highly recommend.

I have had 2 sessions with her. The pictures came out fabulous. Some of the stuff she has you do feels uncomfortable but listen to her the pictures will come out amazing! I highly recommend!

Honey & Hive's reply:

Haha! I just love you guys! I told you to trust me with the "leg thing" and they turned out AMAZING! So happy for you both and I'm so happy we were able to do your engagement session and elopement on your original wedding date! Looking forward to your big celebration next year!!
  • Kristin

Kristin Waller · Married on 04/03/2020

Engagement Shoot

I am still amazed at how beautiful our engagement/family session turned out. Nicki recommended Bass Lake for our photo shoot and it was absolutely a stunning place to take photos. Nicki was so patient and kind with our 2 year old daughter. She also got our photos edited and sent to us ahead of schedule. I can’t wait for the wedding photos!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Yanira

Yanira · Married on 03/15/2020

Most amazing photographer!

Nicole is the real deal! She is super sweet and will go the extra mile for you! We did our engagement shoot with her in Joshua Tree and the pictures came out ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. She really makes you feel comfortable. Could not have asked for anyone better. We are super excited for our wedding day. If you are looking for a photographer, book asap, promise you.

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 03/14/2020

Amazing photographer, beautiful person

Nicole is a truly special photographer and person. We are SO incredibly happy we found her. I was very nervous for engagement photos because I had never done a professional photo shoot before but she made both of us feel so comfortable and happy, and she even managed to capture some beautiful photos of our dog. Our engagement photos are framed in our home and I always get compliments on how beautiful they are.
    Our wedding plans changed THREE times due to COVID-19 and Nicole was so supportive and helpful throughout the wedding planning mess. I can't wait to have her photograph our now (much smaller) elopement ceremony this July.
    Cannot recommend Nicole enough!

• Mayra

Mayra Alvarez · Married on 11/23/2019

Most amazing wedding photographer!

Honey & Hive went above and beyond! From the very first phone call throughout the wedding and to the final conversations, they have been so great and easy to deal with! Nikki was so helpful and friendly from the very beginning and her experience put as at ease because she was so on it. Our entire experience was great and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone! The photos are a dream and such beautiful memories that we will treasure forever.

Sent on 05/27/2020

Karissa · Married on 09/29/2019

Amazing Photos and Incredible Service!

Nicole and her husband provided an amazing level of service for my recent wedding! My husband and I reached out to Nicole as soon as we found her gem of a company. We moved forward with meeting her to feel out our compatability and right away, we knew she was the right choice. She went above and beyond to be informative of her services and supportive of our vision. Throughout the entire process she was extremely responsive and helpful in figuring out wedding schedules and our engagement shoot. The engagement shoot itself was incredible! She worked her magic and and delivered the most gorgeous photos imaginable! On our wedding day, she and her husband made the perfect team, supporting our crazy schedule and family pictures, while also feeling like amazing friends that we had known our whole lives who were just there to support us. I will always cherish the experience I had with them from beginning to end and the pictures were beyond anything we could have ever dreamed of! If you're considering her services, BOOK HER! You will not regret it!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Christopher · Married on 09/28/2019

Photographer

We’ve never had professional photographs taken of us and Nicki did a great job handling us and making us feel comfortable with the whole process. Completely flexible with our schedule and always available to address our concerns. We were blown away with the quality of our pictures, Nicki does an amazing job at an affordable price. I highly recommend her to anyone wanting professional photos.

Sent on 03/30/2020

Charlotte Crosby · Married on 09/03/2019

Gorgeous photography

Highly recommend our wedding photos are gorgeous !

Sent on 05/26/2020

Genna McLaren · Married on 06/28/2019

An elopement photography dream experience!

My husband and I had planned an elopement on the Big Sur coast in early July, and we decided we wanted to find a local photographer to help us capture our special moment just before and after we exchanged vows. (It was symbolic, as we did the legal part before we left.) After looking through Nicki's photos online, I gave her a call to get a feel for if she'd be a good fit. In our initial phone conversation, Nicki was warm, engaging, asked lots of questions and really listened to what we had in mind. She had creative ideas for back up locations and was clearly willing to be flexible on the location and time of day for the shoot, as she wanted to ensure the best outcome for us based on lighting.

On the day of our elopement, we asked Nicki to meet in a remote location (that didn't even have cell service!). Not only did she beat us there, but she literally showed up with tricks up her sleeves (extra pockets to hold our cell phones) and a huge smile. Before we arrived, she scoped out a beautiful bridge that could be seen from the road and some other filtered light locations along the way. She trekked nearly 1/2 mile to the location we had chosen on coastline hike, and once we got there, she was so flexible and creative on her feet that she captured us in what felt like 5-6 different locations. The end result was a beautiful variety of scenery, landscapes, lighting and angles.

Nicki gave great direction and it never felt weird or forced. She stayed late without charging us extra because she wanted to make sure she had captured everything we hoped to. It was really windy, too, and I was anxious about my hair being a mess, and she reassured me that the movement would make for great photos -- and she was right!

She gave us an upfront estimate that was very reasonable, was prompt and clear with communication leading up to the photo shoot, and even pulled a "rabbit out of a hat" in her super busy wedding season schedule to edit our photos in time for our reception.

We are OVER THE MOON with our photos! She gave us an incredible variety of shots. Her turn around time was really fast, and her professionalism and photo gallery through her website made for one of the best parts of the whole elopement experience.

Without any reservations, I would recommend Nicki for your elopement. She's a total delight to work with, has a great sense of humor, strong attention to detail, was punctual and responsive, and she made me feel very comfortable.

Sent on 07/31/2019

Erin · Married on 06/22/2019

Nicki is amazing and I would definitely recommend her!

My fiancé and I were both very nervous for our engagement session and didn’t know what to expect. However, Nicki was so fun to work with and made the session very comfortable! She exceeded all of our expectations on our photos and got them edited very quickly! I can’t wait to see our wedding day pictures!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Tiffany C · Married on 06/06/2019

Love ... Love ... Love

Our engagement photos turned out amazing! We were both nervous about being in front of the camera but Nicki put us at ease almost immediately. We love that she captured such sweet moments. We are looking forward to working with her again for our wedding in June.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Sheely · Married on 10/23/2018

Amazing experience

Nicki is absolutely amazing and talented! She was able to capture beautiful moments in our elopement ceremony. Very understanding and worked with last minute changes to our plans. Affordable rates and professional. There was also always great communication, even though we were in the East coast. Thank you for helping make our special day memorable!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Katie High · Married on 10/19/2018

Very easy to work with!

So pleased with Nicki and Tim and excited to see the finished product. Must book this husband and wife combo - so talented!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Dessirae · Married on 04/15/2017

The pictures I got from Nicole are better than I have ever gotten anywhere. She captured my girls in their every day laugh and smiles. She was able to capture the best photos I have ever had taken of my family. She is truly amazing and I will use her every time I need pictures taken!

Sent on 07/04/2018