Honey Do Wedding and Event Planners Reviews

10 | Bowie, MD

10 Reviews for Honey Do Wedding and Event Planners

• FutureMrsAbell

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2019

I love Angie! She is so helpful through the whole process! definitely recommend

Sent on 05/16/2017

Renita · Married on 09/08/2017

very helpful, very involved , and knowledgeable

Sent on 10/06/2017

Sylvia · Married on 09/24/2016

Angie is an absolute hero. Despite being located in Los Angeles, we were planning a wedding in Bowie, MD...and were totally behind schedule. Luckily, some last-minute searching led me to Angie & Honey Do planners. After our first phone conversation, I felt totally comfortable and even EXCITED about my looming marriage. She helped calm my nerves, direct my energy, and take care of every little task I hadn't thought of. Angie recommended nearly every vendor for our event--photographer, florist, baker--and our guests absolutely raved about each one.

She was easy to contact and always helpful, despite being three time zones away. Angie designed our decorations, from centerpieces to guestbook, and was able to intuit my preferences from very little data. I had no vision--just a pinterest page and a rough sense of what I didn't like--and somehow from this she was able to define my style and create absolutely gorgeous decor. I can't express how grateful I am! Angie has a gift.

She also served as our day-of-coordinator, making sure everyone in the ceremony was on-time and ready to go. I couldn't get over how much effort she put into our day--the details, the timeline, the decorations--and she helped push everyone involved to make sure they knew what to do and when.

Before Angie, I was sincerely dreading my wedding as a social obligation that would be a lot of effort and very little fun. After Angie, I somehow managed to pull off an event that pleased everyone, looked awesome, and felt absolutely joyous from beginning to end. While on the opposite coast. She's a miracle-worker.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/03/2015

Angie of Honey Do Wedding and Event Planners was one of the best decisions we made throughout our wedding planning process. She was affordable (especially for a student and military wedding) but always made us feel like her number one clients. Not only was she a great value, but she went over and above what we were expecting. We hired her to be our day of coordinator, but we met with her on a regular basis and she always responded to all calls, texts, and emails. Angie is incredibly personable, knowledgeable, and has connections with various other wedding vendors. As a same sex couple, she never treated us any differently than an opposite couple, and she actually was great at recognizing the subtle differences that come with having two brides. At our first meeting at a potential venue, Angie came prepared with examples of her work and binder with all of our info. She even printed out new forms that said bride and bride instead of bride and groom. These small but significant touches are what make Angie stand out among other wedding planners. She helped us negotiate with vendors to get better prices and confirmed all vendors the week of, lifting a lot of the stress off of our shoulders. We can't speak highly enough of Angie and the Honey Do family!

Sent on 01/23/2016
  • User3629392 · event on: 07/13/2013

I LOVE LOVE LOVE HoneyDo Planners! Even though the weather was terrible, my graduation party was amazing! Angie is so detail oriented and truly listens to what you, the customer, wants. The decorations were amazing, from the balloons to the huge banner. The DJ and bar tender she hired were also very friendly and provided the icing on the cake! I would definitely turn to Honey Do for future events.

Sent on 10/24/2013
  • Stacy

Stacy · Married on 06/01/2013

Honey Do Wedding and Event Planners was the best vendor I had at my wedding. I loved all of my vendors, but Michelle and Angie were by far the best there was. They decorated our church and reception area beautifully, they stayed connected with us, and they made sure everything went smoothly on the wedding day. They also kept us on schedule which was very helpful. They even left us a small wedding gift. Honey Do just goes above and beyond your expectations and the price is very reasonable.

Sent on 06/11/2013
  • Angie

Angie · Married on 02/02/2013

Honey Do Wedding and Event Planners are so creative. They designed and made the centerpieces for the party. They coordinated the event from the arrival of the Guest of Honor to his return to his home at the end of the night. They really outdid themselves and I thank them for EVERYTHING!!

Sent on 02/06/2013

Angel · Married on 09/19/2015

After planning for three our wedding for only a month, we decided that we needed help from an industry professional. I was so happy to find Angie. She was very knowledgeable Nd helped us through every step of our year long planning process. Choosing Angie to help plan and decorate your special day will be a great move!

Sent on 10/02/2015

Tashica · Married on 09/16/2017

3.0
      0.5

They say first impressions are everything and Mrs. Angie gives great impressions. However, here service is less than. My other vendors expressed their displeasures of her to me, my family members asked where did I find her. I will only give a few examples of her lack luster performance...Angie was hired to be the Day of Coordinator for our wedding, around July I wanted to fire her when she made the comment that "I am not the only one is getting married" my husband kept her on the job because he paid her in full and wanted to keep her as the coordinator. I had to bring in another person to communicate with her because I wanted no dealings with her. In her contract it states she will set up and break down the decorations for the event...She showed up at 3pm to set up for a 5pm wedding. Which meant that my family, the groom, and the hotel staff had to set up the decorations. The one thing that I was adamant about was no pictures taken during the ceremony, Angie was to was supposed to announce this or have the DJ make the announcement (she didn't make one nor did she have the DJ make the announcement. I asked and my guest said no announcement was made by her of the DJ) when asked she said "You Know people don't listen and hurried us in to the ball room to walk down. She took the cake boxes home to put together we NEVER saw the boxes again. she broke down the decorations carelessly; resulting in missing item and broke items. the gifts were left in the reception area not going to the person that they were supposed to be given to and decorations were left all over the three rooms. My opinion of Angie, she may be great for a person that has no vision of their own.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Honey Do Wedding and Event Planners's reply:

I am sorry you felt less than happy with my service. As a Day of Coordinator, I was not hired to put together/assemble decorations, but to place them in accordance to your Vision. Much of your deco had not been opened, assembled or organized to my dismay.

My arrival time was in line with the timing that the hotel allowed access. I did everything in accordance to our contract and more! We appreciate your business and wish you much happiness!

0.6
      0.0
      1.5
      0.0

Arguing with my uncle while the Pastor and his wife looked on about an empty chair. Failed to put over 300 favors out on the table and refused to reimburse me for them. When she was threatened to be sued for not reimbursing us for the favors, she had her husband call mines. In the end, she ended up paying for something she was adamant about not paying. Unprofessional, unresponsive, tacky, pouty. 9 days before my wedding Angie called saying she wanted to quit. My husband asked if she could stay and she agreed. I had reserved tables for my family. One of my great-aunts who is in a wheelchair wasn’t able to make it. During the reception when people were being seated my uncle who had his son and wife, decided to have his son sit in my great aunts space since she wasn’t present. I found out later by another uncle and the Pastor and his wife (so embarrassing) that Angie ARUGED with my uncle that his son couldn’t sit in a place that was going to be empty - anyway. My uncle tried to explain to her the situation but she finally gave up when she realized that she wasn’t going to win the battle. This is yet another example of her level of wanting to rule and be a dictator. Why not just say ok because it’s extremely clear that the seat was empty, or go to my husband and ask his opinion to make sure it was ok or worse case – come to me. My husband’s best man had gum in his mouth (who by the way is 48 years of age). Angie grabbed his face like a child and said, “Are you chewing gum?” He kindly swiped her hand from his face and told her, “I’m a 48 year old man.” She walked away saying, “I’m sorry I’m a military wife.” Everyone close to the wedding and us kept asking, “Where did you get her from?” As long as you’re doing exactly what she wants and says w/ no voice of your own, you w/ be fine. When challenged she would snatch her stuff and walk away pouting. She called someone else in 1 hour before the reception was over to take over.

Sent on 10/06/2016