Holmes Catering and Events Reviews

147 Reviews for Holmes Catering and Events

• Hannelore

Hannelore Rumminger · Getting married on 12/05/2021

Fantastic food and service

We met with Sarah initially, and she was so helpful in working with our budget and vision to create a wedding menu that was perfect for us! Throughout wedding planning, Sarah was very easy to get in touch with, and we were able to make changes to our menu after attending the tasting. The company was so professional and wonderful making everything happen on our wedding day! And wow, the chicken in Jack Daniels cream sauce was an absolute HIT with us and our guests!

Sent on 07/17/2020

Janet Rizer · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Fantastic Experience

I can’t express how pleased I was with the service provided by Tim Holmes Catering. The food was outstanding and the service was professional. The staff was accommodating and made my guests their top priority.

Sent on 02/25/2020

Janet,

I am so glad that you were pleased not only with our food but also with our service. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
  • Regina

Regina Hall · Married on 12/05/2020

The best food ever!

Holmes Catering is the best food I’ve had in a long time. Everything was good and beautiful.

Sent on 12/21/2020
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Honrath · Married on 11/28/2020

Fantastic Food and Service

We used this company with Lion's Gate Manor as our venue. They were quick to respond and very easy to work with. You meet with them in the beginning to choose linens, place settings, etc. We rented centerpieces and linens with them and it was such a great decision. Anything you rent through them, they setup and also take down. It made cleanup at the end of the night so much easier! You talk with them again a few weeks prior to the wedding to confirm menu and other selections. The food is absolutely fantastic and we received many compliments.

Sent on 01/19/2021

Holmes Catering and Events's reply:

Thank you for trusting us with your special day. Our staff received many compliments from your guests but it always great to know that the bride and groom were very pleased. You were a joy to work with and I wish you and Derek all the best.
  • Megan

Megan Turner · Married on 05/23/2020

Delicious food

All our guests were raving about the delicious food. We are still hearing comments about how great it was, even from our most “hard to please” friends. We had creamy chicken with spinach and tomatoes, mashed potato bar, salad, and green beans. The serving staff was professional and quick to help any of our guests. The serving table was beautifully designed and Holmes made sure it fit well with the theme I had planned. Overall, it was fantastic. I would highly recommend Holmes Catering for any event, big or small.

Sent on 06/05/2020

Holmes Catering and Events's reply:

We are so happy that you were pleased with Holmes Catering and Events. Thank you for choosing us to be a special part of your day!

• Meg R

Meg R · Married on 12/28/2019

Highly Recommend!

The food was absolutely delicious, great presentation and the staff was awesome! They were so easy to work with and everyone loved the food. They were very organized and helped to make our day run very smoothly. Great selection and we felt like it was very reasonable for the quality of food for the price. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/17/2020

Holmes Catering and Events's reply:

We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with everything. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your special day!
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 11/11/2019

Wonderful and easy experience!

I loved how flexible the menu was and how budget-conscious they were. You could easily mix and match menus, which allowed us to create the perfect menu for our night! The team was great to work with, and made the experience very enjoyable.

Sent on 12/05/2019

Erin,
    Thank you for the opportunity to help you create the perfect menu for your night! We are so glad you found the experience enjoyable and truly appreciate you giving us feedback.
  • Marissa

Marissa Leigh Norris · Married on 11/02/2019

Best of the best!

Holmes Catering is simply the best, no question. The staff has the upmost respect for their clients. They are dedicated to making sure that your wedding day is exactly what you dream of. If you are a Holmes Catering bride, you are apart of their family. I enjoyed every step of planning my dream wedding with Tim and Sarah. The process is smooth, and the customer service is topnotch. 10/10 recommend Holmes Catering!

Sent on 01/22/2020

Holmes Catering and Events's reply:

I am so glad to hear that we made your wedding day exactly why you dreamed of. We enjoyed working with you every step of the way.
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/14/2019

You won't be disappointed! Delicious!

Tim Holmes and his crew are very professional and reasonable. They go out of their way to make sure that your day is everything that you want it to be! So thankful I chose him! THE FOOD WAS AMAZING! GUEST ARE STILL BRAGGING ABOUT IT!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Linda · Married on 06/01/2018

Excellent food in taste and quantity; wonderfully hospitable owner and staff

Sent on 06/06/2018

Ansley · Married on 06/01/2018

Phenomenal Team

Holmes made our wedding perfect! From decor to food and drinks, they did it all. Our guests were so pleased with the selection of food and the professionalism of the staff. Everyone loved the Mac & Cheese Bar!! We would absolutely use Holmes again in the future. Not only was the food delicious, everyone there was so easy to work with and they all took great care of us!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Ansley,
    I am so glad we helped make your wedding perfect! You and Zach were so much fun to work with and we really appreciate that you took the time to review us.

Valentina · Married on 05/17/2018

Great service. Great food! Everyone was very pleased!

Sent on 05/26/2018

Trudy · Married on 12/30/2017

Our Wedding and reception was yesterday 12-30-17 Lions Gate Manor n Spartanburg! Holme Catering did a superb job! We cannot say enough about how beautiful everything from the good food to the spectacular service provided by them . The food was delicious! There decor was more than I ever dreamed ! Every detail was met with great planning ! The value was awesome! Would highly use them and recommend them ! Tim Holmes Catering!!! 5 Stars !! Trudy and Allen

Sent on 12/31/2017
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 09/02/2017

HOLMES CATERING IS “THE ABSOLUTE BEST” CATERER YOU COULD CHOOSE! Hands down, Tim Holmes provides the best food, the best presentation, the best service possible, all at reasonable prices. Tim, as well as everyone on his staff, are a joy to work with! We are so glad we chose Holmes Catering to do our daughter’s reception & have absolutely no regrets, only tons of compliments from our guests who could not say enough about their work! The guest favorites were the beef tenderloin, shrimp and grits, sausage skewers and Mediterranean style antipasti salad. The lavish silver décor was elegant & decadent!
    Holmes catering takes pride in doing things with excellence and integrity & were such a blessing to our family at every turn! Tim was instrumental in navigating us through the wedding process & his expertise was invaluable in making the right food choices, the best ideas for décor for our particular venue, & the right decisions regarding what type & number of rentals we needed. Their warehouse is filled with options for décor styles of every kind to choose from. It was WONDERFUL to be able to have one vendor for both the food service & the rentals & not have to try to coordinate one more vendor into such a busy time. Tim went above & beyond expectations to make our daughter’s special day be all it could be! We NEVER worried about them not upholding their end & in fact Tim personally stepped up to help in a big way, without a word of complaint when another vendor had to leave un-expectantly at a critical time in our reception. The guests never knew there was an issue nor did he disrupt our celebration with it, he just took care of it. They are professional, knowledgeable, & patient as well as a calming presence in an industry filled with many variables & much stress. They always respond to emails/calls in a timely manner & simply could not have done a better job for us! They have an OUTSTANDING REPUTATION in the catering industry and now I know it is WELL DESERVED!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Corinne · Married on 08/05/2017

The entire wedding process with Holmes Catering was fantastic! Communication was always open and emails were always answered promptly. The staff was nice and willing to help you get exactly what you wanted for your big day! You are able to go to tastings to help you better pick the food out that you'd want for your event. The food is AMAZING! Everything tasted great and I got SO many compliments on the food. Seriously everyone told me that the food was fantastic! The entire serving staff was very sweet and worked very hard to provide good service to all of our guests. The presentation of the food was beautiful as well. If you want food that tastes amazing and at a reasonable price - Holmes Catering is your go to!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Chelsea · Married on 07/31/2017

Wonderful Customer Service

This company was so easy to work with. They made changes up until a month before the wedding and worked within our budget. They gave us exactly what we wanted and more. My only regret is that I did not try the broccoli cheddar soup!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Chelsea,
    Thank you for your kind words! I am so glad you found us easy to work with—we try to tailor each experience to the individual bride. We really appreciate you and wish you the best in the future!

Loretta · Married on 07/29/2017

Holmes Catering is the BEST catering service in the country! The food at my wedding reception in July was delicious, and the presentation was absolutely beautiful! The flowers and other decorations Holmes Catering provided for reception room was exquistely displayed! I was extremely pleased with the service, the professionalism, as well asthe concern given my reception. Tim Holmes, and his wife Margi, and the most caring and accomodating people I have encountered in the catering business. I HIGHLY recommend Holmes Catering and The Lion's Gate Manor!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Bill · Married on 06/23/2017

Incredible food, presentation and service. Our guests are still raving about our daughter's reception.

A big thank you to the Tim Holmes team!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Lindsay · Married on 06/23/2017

Tim Holmes did an amazing job with our menu for our reception. When we met with him, he was willing to listen to our ideas and he also offered us unique, delicious options. Every wedding guest who I have talked to since has mentioned how amazing and delicious the food looked and tasted! Especially our cinnamon roll icing fountain, which even our wedding planner said she had never seen before. I would recommend Holmes Catering for any event you need!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Lisa · Married on 06/23/2017

They were awesome! Food was Great! Staff was wonderful to work with! From the first time we talked, they were helpful, patient & went above our expectations! Have recommended them many times since the wedding. We had more people RSVP than we expected, & Holmes didn't miss a beat in upping our order. During reception, staff was extremely helpful & professional.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Coral · Married on 06/03/2017

Tim and his staff were superb! They met all of our needs and more. They were so easy to work with. I would definitely recommend Tim Holmes Catering and the use of Lion's Gate Manor (our Venue) to any Bride and her family. Lion's Gate Manor is gorgeous! So many of our guest commented on the beauty of the Venue.
    After the wedding my daughter commented that this was the most amazing night of her life! I totally agree. Tim and your staff, thank you for making this happen for my daughter!! It was a totally magical evening.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/21/2017

We used Holmes catering for rehearsal dinner and reception. Everything was fantastic! From the professionalism of the team to the displays on the table, to the taste of the food...all was excellent. We couldn't have been more pleased! Thank you Holmes Catering for making our day special!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Ashley · Married on 04/08/2017

Food was our top priority for our wedding. We couldn't have been more thrilled with our choice. The planning process with Sarah was a breeze and she was beyond helpful in answering every little question I had throughout the year of planning. The food was exceptional (we are still getting compliments from guests!). But what really stood out to us was the service that was provided at our wedding. Our team of servers was unbelievably amazing. They went out of their way to make sure it was the best day ever, right down to boxing up some leftovers to send home with us. We couldn't recommend Holmes any more highly!

Sent on 04/14/2017

Erica · Married on 10/15/2016

The very first thing my husband and I knew before we had made any other decisions about our wedding was that we wanted Tim Holmes Catering. He has the best reputation and food in the Upstate. We did a dinner buffet that included a salad, green beans, parmesan crusted chicken, peppercorn beef tenderloin, rolls, a mashed potato bar, buffalo chicken dip and spinach dip. The food was so amazing! The presentation of the food was perfect. They can make anything look beautiful! They made a special area for my husband, our parents and I to eat our dinner and not be interrupted. They catered to our every need making sure we were taken care of. Not only was the food and everything that was displayed perfect, the staff went above and beyond. They were all so professional and kind. They did all of the decorating and all of the clean up. My family and I did not have to worry about a single thing. They did anything we would ask of them. I'm so thankful for them and everything they did for us. If you are unsure whether or not they are for you, I can promise that they have so many different options and everything is so tasty! Check them out you'll thank yourself later!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Tammi · Married on 07/23/2016

Can't say enough good things about Tim Holmes Catering. Easy to work with and the food was incredible. Beef tenderloin was a hit. We didn't have to worry about decorating the food tables because they had decorations to match the decor including copper serving dishes! We also had awesome ice cream bar for a July wedding. Warehouses full of decor. Beautiful mirrored table for wedding cake, gigantic framed menu board and more. Loved it all.

Sent on 07/25/2016