Holly D Photography Reviews

132 | Napa, CA

132 Reviews for Holly D Photography

132 Holly D Photography Reviews

Vina · Getting married on 11/29/2018

My oldest daughter married the man of her dreams and wanted every moment captured & Holly D was able to capture the entire event! Thank you Holly for your expertise & the quality that you bring for our most memorable moments in life!!!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Vina for your kind words! The pleasure to meet your sweet family and create your memories was entirely mine!

Sakara · Married on 09/22/2018

If you need a friendly, professional, and knowledgeable photographer Holly is your go to woman! For our engagement photo shoot, Holly kept the atmosphere light with jokes and interesting. After getting our photos the quality definitely reflected what we were looking to achieve. I recommend Holly for any type of photography photos you may need done! :)

Sent on 11/23/2017
    Holly D Photography 1
    Holly D Photography 2

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Sakara! I loved taking your engagement photos! You all were such a delight and so much fun to photograph. :)

Kylie · Married on 09/15/2018

My fiancé and I won an engagement photo session at a bridal fair we went to. Holly was so nice and helpful from the very beginning. My fiancé and I had a great time at our photo session. Holly made us feel very comfortable! And our pictures came out amazing! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/26/2018
    Holly D Photography 3
    Holly D Photography 4
    Holly D Photography 5
    Holly D Photography 6
    Holly D Photography 7

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Kylie for taking the time to give such a kind and lovely review. It has been such a joy and a real pleasure to me to be able to be a part of your engagement shoot. I am so glad we met the way we did. I thank you for the opportunity! Warmly, Holly

Earl · Married on 09/09/2018

Holly is an amazing photographer! She has an eye to pose you in the right location and right position that will flatter any body type. She captures the moments artfully with focused attention to details. She is very pleasant to work and puts you at ease from the beginning. Her photographs of my daughter’s wedding are breathtaking! She captured the event so beautifully for my family to remember in the years to come. You will not be disappointed with Holly as your wedding or portrait photographer. Hire her to document your special day and you will be amazed!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Earl! It was a true privilege to be able to capture this majestic wedding. A photo of Hana received an award as she gracefully embodied her happiness!

Leaishah · Married on 09/08/2018

There’s so many things I can say about Holly ! My husband and I are very happy with our photos by holly , we had the pleasure of having holly not only do our engagement photos as well as our wedding day photos , and I mean she got both events at all angles I literally was looking at the album like “when was she over there, to get This picture standing over here” it’s amazing , she literally never misses a shot ! , communication was 100% all the time , we are not picture takers and we are very silly so getting serious shots I was surprise but holly made us so comfortable and the best experience ever , every chance I get I’m showing some one my engagement and wedding photos , and as a surprise to me holly also did my bridal shower my friends had for me and those picture were all so nice as well , the way holly takes pictures it makes me feel like “now this is the true meaning of , a picture is worth a thousand words !” Because she literally gets every moment , I love Holly !

Holly D Photography 8
    Holly D Photography 9
    Holly D Photography 10

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Leaishah for the kind words! It has been my pleasure to capture your sweet and inspiring journey!
  • I

Irene · Married on 07/08/2018

My husband and I are extremely grateful to have the opportunity to work with and have Holly as our wedding photographer! All her photos are breath taking and till this day we cannot get over how beautiful our engagement/wedding photos turned out!

What makes it pleasant about having Holly as our photographer is that she has the most kind and genuine heart. She takes the time to know her couples and explains everything in detail about the whole wedding process which helped us know what to expect and helped us feel at ease. She was quick to respond (both through email and by phone) whenever we had any questions or concerns. What we like about Holly is that my husband and I are camera shy and she made us feel very comfortable around the camera. To top if off, our photography sessions were so fun! We had so many good laughs while we were taking our photos which made it even more memorable.

We love the fact that she took time to drive out to meet us at our wedding venue a week before our wedding. We meet to scope out places for photo opportunities and sunset photos. She has gone far beyond what we would think any photographer would do. We are definitely going back to Holly for any other future photography needs! We highly recommend Holly!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Irene for your kind words! I can recall so many fun times with you and Marcos, it has been my pleasure to capture your story!

Sheila · Married on 06/30/2018

Holly's talent is amazing all the way around. She's the definition of what a wedding photographer is all about. I've had the privilege to see her work with many couples over the years and she's one who really cares about her clients experience from start to finish. You can't be disappointed with her work. To describe Holly... she's sweet, genuine, honest, has many years of experience with proofs of amazing photos, she's professional, passionate, dedicated to her craft full time. She's one who will always go the extra mile to ensure your wedding day photos will be cherished and loved forever. There are just no regrets when you book Holly. Thank you Holly for always being you and capturing moments that my husband and I can cherish forever.

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Sheila! It is very kind of you. Your words have touched me, I appreciate you so very much!

Angela · Married on 04/21/2018

I don't know where to start when I describe how much we love Holly. From the very beginning of our wedding planning journey she has gone above and beyond to help us prepare for our special day and have fun doing it. Holly has the ability to make you feel comfortable and have fun taking photos, even if it's in a crowded touristy area like the Palace of Fine Arts. No matter how gray the weather is or how gloomy a room might look, Holly manages to make the photos she takes turn out bright and beautiful. You can instantly tell when you meet her that she truly loves what she does, and this is certainly visible in her work. We are so glad we got to work with Holly for one of the most special days in our lives!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I had the best time taking your engagement and wedding photos! You two are an amazing couple and I can't thank you enough for giving me the honor of photographing one of the most important days of your life! :)
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 03/31/2018

Holly was beyond amazing. We were very lucky to have her as our photographer! Holly was very sweet and so easy to work with. She was down to earth, which made everyone in the wedding party (including family and ourselves) feel super comfortable when getting their pictures taken. Everyone was raving about her at the wedding, and my mom has already been recommending her to everyone she can. The photos were absolutely beautiful, and better than I could have even imagined. She captured the decor and our special moments so perfectly :). We will definitely be recommending her to others!

Holly D Photography 11
    Holly D Photography 12
    Holly D Photography 13
    Holly D Photography 14
    Holly D Photography 15

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Jen for your sweet words! You have made it so easy for me to capture your wedding, I can still remember the glow you wore that day!

Maiana · Married on 03/28/2018

Holly is an amazing photographer! She is very professional, nice & you can tell she injoys here job. I highly recommend booking holly for weddings, graduation photos etc you won’t be disappointed!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Maiana! It was my pleasure to capture your accomplishment and celebration! You looked so beautiful!

Theresia · Married on 02/03/2018

Hmm where do I begin?!? Holly did it again. :). This time it was one of the most important and precious times.. MY WEDDING. I remember calling Holly letting her know I was engaged and needed her for my wedding. We met and discussed dates. She was not available the first date I provided so I pushed the wedding out a week because I truly value captured memories and Holly has that skill. The day of my wedding was amazing! Holly was able to capture moments I didn't even know .... as a bride you're so busy with being the center of attention you can miss some of the small moment. My husband , family , guest and I were able to really enjoy ourselves while at the wedding. Holly has a great sense in know how to interact with everyone to make it fun and laidback. Everyone hates the school picture moment...that being said she was able to capture some great moment of my friend ( maid of honor) and I... we felt like we were back in junior high. I am beyond happy!!!! Thank you Holly!!!!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Theresia! From the fun balloons at your engagement shoot to your sweet family photos on the big day, you have been a jewel to photograph, always "smile-ready" in a beautiful way!

LaToya · Married on 01/20/2018

Holly is absolutely fabulous!! She took pictures for our engagement and wedding. She provided some great locations for our engagement photos and was able to find lovely spots around the premises where our wedding was being held. She captured so many great shots of us! I loved them all. She has definitely become our go-to family photographer for all our special occasions :) I highly recommend Holly for her professionalism, friendliness, great eye, and sweet demeanor.

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much LaToya! You and Kelvin have been a delight, and therefore, so easy to capture your engagement and wedding day. Thank you again!

Kelvin · Married on 01/20/2018

Photography isn't about being able to point a camera and press a button; photography is about capturing and bringing to life a moment so that 20 years into the future you'll remember it like it was yesterday. That's the mark of a true photographer. Anyone can pull out their cellphone and snap a shot, but not everyone knows how to create memories and have them frozen in time forever. Holly D. and I have known each other for years and I've had the privilege of watching her develop her craft and her eye, all the while admiring her professionalism and kindheartedness. So it was a no-brainer to have her capture one of the most prolific moments in my life: my wedding! She captured every feeling, emotion, and glimmer of happiness -- and nervousness -- of both my wife and I. All while being able to somehow remain unobtrusive when the moments were personal.

Not only did she capture the memories that will make my wife's eyes light up when we get old and grey, but she was able to help us begin our newest chapter of life, together, in a way that we'll always be able to look back on and remember the love we shared. With our family, friends, and each other. Thank you so much Holly D for your eye, your talent, your professionalism, your kindness and of course: our memories!

Sent on 10/02/2018
    Holly D Photography 16

Holly D Photography's reply:

Aww thank you so much for all of the wonderful words! I am so glad I was able to photograph your wedding. You two are such a cute couple!

Summer · Married on 11/01/2017

She was great! Super nice and easy to work with. Graduation photos came out awesome! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to have some great quality photos.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I had such a great time capturing your photos! They were so unique. :)

Tessa · Married on 10/28/2017

From the start, Holly was so incredible! She made sure to get every detail of information in before our big day, from the names of our family, to moments we wanted to make sure and capture, to simply getting to know us as a couple. She made us feel so comfortable and natural while taking photos! When we saw the finished product, we couldn't believe our eyes with how beautiful every single shot was. Holly, thank you for capturing so exquisitely a day that we will remember forever!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww you are very welcome! It was such an honor to capture your love and big day. :)

Dana · Married on 10/14/2017

I absolutely recommend Holly as your photographer. She has an amazing work ethic and at one point I told her to please stop and join our party. We had the perfect wedding planned and then the fire hit Napa. We were told three days before our wedding that we were unable to hold our reception at the designated site. Therefore we had to change venues and flex. There was no time line and we had the wedding of a lifetime. We had to change our location for pictures prior to the wedding. Holly was so flexible and we have the most beautiful pictures. She made our church setting look like a garden, our before pictures look like we were in the Redwoods, and our wedding pictures were just perfect. I adore her!!!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! You are so sweet. I had such an amazing time at your wedding and I really enjoyed capturing so many beautiful moments!

Lauren · Married on 09/30/2017

Holly is so AWESOME!! She made our special day even more special, more than I could've ever imagined! We didn't even notice her during the ceremony, she is great at hiding in plain site and getting all the best shots. When I got my pictures back I saw that she had captured every moment of the ceremony, side conversations between myself, my husband, and our guests, and the details of the wedding (rings, flowers, tables, shoes, accesories, etc.). When it came time to go take pictures at our chosen location, she brought the best smiles and poses out of us like it was so easy. My pictures turned out so beautiful, I didn't expect them to be so great because I do not consider myself to be photogenic but I knew Holly was amazing so I trusted her as she guided us through the best poses. We had so much fun and I cannot wait to use her again in the future.

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Holly D Photography 17
    Holly D Photography 18
    Holly D Photography 19
    Holly D Photography 20

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review! You are too sweet! Everything was so beautiful and I am so glad that I was able to be there for every moment. You are so beautiful and looked so gorgeous on your wedding day, it was easy to get great photos of you. :)

Lisa · Married on 09/03/2017

Holly has been FANTASTIC to work with for our wedding! From meeting her in person in advance of our big day to the day of to all the post wedding details, it has been a pleasure working with her! What made us love Holly so much?

* Her skills with a camera. The photos are absolutely beautiful and she got us posed and took photos in no time at all. It didn't feel like an exhausting chore to get all our posed photos for the wedding, it was so much fun instead!

* Her personality. You spend a lot of time with your wedding photographer on the big day and we love hanging out with Holly. My husband and I want to hang out with her more!

* Her professionalism. She was always responsive, consistent, on time...

Holly went above and beyond, when we ran late on our timeline and asked her to stay an extra hour, she was able to with no questions asked. She just made me feel so at ease on a very stressful, but fun, day.

Holly D Photography 21
    Holly D Photography 22

Maria · Married on 08/26/2017

Holly and her assistant were absolutely amazing!! She did our engagement photos as well and by the day of the wedding we felt as though she was just one of our good friends taking our pics. It is easy to tell that Holly LOVES what she does and just wants to make your day an absolutely spectacular memory, which she does with ease! As the bride and groom it's hard to see your day unfold before your eyes. There is so much going on that it's easy to miss things and Holly captures all those moments, memories, and details for you to enjoy for the rest of your lives. Holly is dedicated and a hard worker! There were times during dinner that she and her assistant left their own meals to take our photos while we were talking to tables, all of a sudden they were there snapping away - that is dedication! We would recommend Holly over and over again! Not only were we absolutely lucky to have found her but we can't tell you how many guests and other vendors commented on how great she was! Thank you for such a wonderful gift Holly!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww wow this is so sweet! This is a gift to hear that you love your photos and had such a great experience. That is my number one goal is to make sure that I am there for you every step of the way and to make sure that all of your needs are met. :) Thank you so much for all of the sweet words, it really touches my heart!!

Ben · Married on 07/29/2017

Holly was amazing to work with and incredibly flexible with the types of pictures we wanted. She was very fun and incredibly professional. I would hire her again for any future photos I would do without hesitation.

Jasmine · Married on 07/22/2017

Holly D was an absolutely amazing photographer!! She was fun, kind, professional, responsive, and affordable! She made us feel instantly comfortable during photoshoots. I would 100% book her again. And her photos are gorgeous!! I love how our wedding photos turned out!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww thank you so much! I am so glad that you love the photos! I truly had a wonderful time photographing your wedding!! :)

Mahaley · Married on 07/07/2017

We eloped from NC to the Redwoods in California. Shopping for an online photographer isn't easy, but as soon as I seen some pictures Holly took I knew she was "the One"...not only does she take the time to get to know you aNd your partner, but she's like so Genuine & simply as sweet as sweet can be! She made my husband and I feel so comfortable and I am so happy our paths crossed and especially on our very special day to celebrate our love. She takes awesome photos our pictures were such great quality and I couldn't be happier with them or her! :)

Sent on 09/21/2017

Holly D Photography's reply:

You are so sweet! Thank you so much for all of your kind words. :) Your wedding was so beautiful and you two are such an amazing couple. I loved getting to know you both and your love story. I wish you two all the best. :)
  • User7884753 · 1+ year ago

Holly was AMAZING ! She made me feel beautiful and had a great eye for good poses and spots to take the pictures !! I really enjoyed her company and would love to do it again !

Sent on 03/09/2017

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you for the sweet review! I hope we get to do another photo shoot as well!

David · Married on 05/09/2017

Holly did a shoot for my girlfriend, her family and myself. She also did some exclusive couples photos for us and some professional headshots all in one appointment! The pictures were all awesome! Everything looked better in the pictures she took. She had so many great ideas for different poses that I would have never thought of and when the photos were processed I could see why she chose them. Holly is so fun to work with and she really knows what she's doing. I'm not one to jump at the chance to be in a photo shoot but Holly made me enjoy being in the pictures. She is so professional, knowledgeable and has such an artistic eye for photographs. The best part about it is you can tell that she truly loves what she does and her passion for her work is highly contagious. I will definitively be using Holly D Photography for all my future professional photo shoots. She went above and beyond to make us happy and really gave us a great value overall. Thanks Holly D!!!

Sent on 03/29/2016

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for all the sweet words. I completely enjoyed taking all of your photos! You all made it that much more fun!