Holly D Photography Reviews

142 Reviews for Holly D Photography

• Emma

Emma Telfer · Married on 02/09/2020

Above and Beyond!

Holly was the best wedding vendor decision we made. Planning a wedding is overwhelming, and there are tons of options out there when it comes to each part of the wedding, including photography! Right from the start, Holly was kind, professional and reliable. And trust me when I say that reliability isn't something that I can say about most wedding vendors :) Holly went above any beyond on our special day to make the day smooth, easy, comfortable, and fun! Our bridal party and family all commented on how great she was. We received our photos quickly and LOVE them! Holly completely knocked it out of the park and I will always refer her to friends.

Sent on 10/18/2019

Holly D Photography's reply:

You are so sweet! I am so glad that you had an amazing experience! :) I had such an amazing time photographing your wedding. Everything was so perfect! Thank you so much your all of your sweet words! It truly means so much to me. :)

Danielle De Guzman · Married on 10/05/2019

Oh my! She is GREAT!

Words can’t fully explain how amazing Holly’s talent is! She definitely enhanced our wedding memories through her photography. Her customer service is on another level! So professional, so kind and caring, throughout the whole day. Holly even participated in the gift exchange between my “husband to be” and I, and memorized that experience with every snap of the camera. I’ve been told that some photographers want to capture “their vision” and sometimes forget the couple. Holly takes in consideration all elements of the couple, the family, venue, preferences and makes sure it’s captured in such a beautiful way. My wedding day has past and I am still looking over the photos! The venue didn’t have many options for what many would call for beautiful backgrounds, but Holly made it seem so picturesque. I am soo glad that Holly took our photos. We looked at her work for some time and sorta picked our wedding date based on her availability. It was definitely worth it. Thanks Holly!!!

Sent on 12/01/2019

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww thank you so much! I am so glad that I was able to be a part of your wedding day! I had such a great time capturing so many memories! :) You two are such an amazing couple, I truly feel honored to say I was a part of your day!

KA BZ · Married on 08/03/2019

Fantastic!

- Excellent with communication
    - Very fast at getting photos post-wedding
    - Made everyone feel comfortable day of!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I had such a great time capturing your wedding photos! :) Everything was so perfect and moved so smoothly! It was such a pleasure.
  • Rita

Rita Kilvær · Married on 08/02/2019

Fairytale photos Sonoma

Holly was great to work with for our 25th wedding vow renewal. She made sure to get to know us and our wishes for the event on forehand even though we live in Norway and all contact was through phone and emails and 9 hour timedifference. She has a pleaseant personality and made us all relax and act natural in front of the camera. We had pictures taken of us as a couple and our 4 kids ages 25, 22 and 14, as well as family pictures. The pictures are wonderful and easy to download and get printed. We recommend Holly warmly.

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I truly loved every minute of your vowel renewal. Everything was so beautiful. I wish you many more years of true happiness! :)

Samantha Urrutia · Married on 06/22/2019

Best decision we made for our wedding

My husband and I got married in June in Carmel and Holly was absolutely amazing! She went above and beyond for our wedding exceeding all of our expectations. Holly felt more than just a vendor and more like a friend that was capturing our entire day. She was so patient, responsive and enthusiastic throughout the entire process and I knew from the first phone call with her that I wanted her as our photographer on our wedding day! She knows exactly how to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera and helped us enjoy being in the moment. We also did engagement pictures with Holly and they turned out beautifully. We will have no hesitation having her as our photographer again in the future for other exciting events in our lives. We love you Holly!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww thank you so much! This really means so much to me! I had such an amazing time photographing your wedding! Everything was so beautiful and you two made me feel so welcomed. Your sweet spirits made everything come alive through the photos. Thank you for having me be a part of your special day! :) I can't wait to see you two again and capture more special moments!

Jessica Yau · Married on 05/18/2019

Simply delightful photographer for any occasion

Holly is simply fantastic to work with. She creates beautiful imagery but also makes you feel comfortable and helps you have fun doing something that can feel a little foreign and awkward at times. She's extremely professional but also personable. We have used her services many times and is first to mind when a mutual client needs photography services.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I always have such a great time working with you! I can't wait for our next photo shoot! :)

Angela Behland · Married on 04/20/2019

The best decision I made for my wedding!

I really cant thank Holly enough. For me when all is said and done, the wedding photos are the thing i look forward to most in weddings, and knew that it would be the most important part for me too which is why i was nervous and careful to choose the best photographer possible so i would never ever have any regrets. Ive seen some beautiful weddings get some pretty lackluster treatment by photographers, ive also seen some very lovely photographs from weddings but that didnt evoke much from me, if that makes sense.. but Holly's are the most beautiful and inspiring ive ever seen, i truly cant get enough and i mean that. The way she understands how light and color work sounds like something any photographer should understand but they just dont have the grasp she does. And the way she knows how to bring out genuine emotion in her clients when she takes her shots.. im seeing these photos and remembering EXACTLY how i was feeling in that moment because my face says it all.

(And this is just an extra TMI here that im sure you all have heard before but as someone thats insecure with her body, knowing i would be photographed at every angle and knowing i wasnt at my ideal weight, i had fears that i would look back at wedding photos and be so upset with how i looked.. shallow i know, but Holly made me feel so confident and comfortable and beautiful, and she looked out for me and helped me show my best self, I dont feel anything other than positivity and happiness and love seeing these. And that is extremely extremely rare for me!!)

The little personal touches she adds to your experience with her, too, like the quality of the photobook... I dont know if i can say it enough but thank you thank you thank you Holly.

Thank you for being someone i will always remember and be grateful for saying yes to being involved in my wedding. She really deserves every bit of praise that comes her way and more. I hope this helps more people find her as their photographer, because they deserve to be as happy with my choice as I am!!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Holly D Photography's reply:

This is probably one of the sweetest reviews I have ever read! It truly shows me how important these moments are and how special they are to my couples. I loved every single moment of being your photographer from the first time we met at your engagement shoot until now. You two are an amazing couple and deserve the best! I hope our paths cross again soon! :)

Carmen Ho · Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing!!!

Working with Holly has been amazing! She was so good that we booked her twice! Once for our City Hall event and then for our actual wedding day. I'm so glad that I was introduced to her by my best friend. I followed her work on Instagram and after seeing some of her photos I wanted to set up a call. Ever since our initial meeting, I knew right then and there that I wanted Holly to be our photographer.

Throughout the whole experience, she was professional from the beginning to the very end. We set up a meeting in Pleasanton to do a quick walk through of the venue to scope out the area. She shared with us her vision of where and what she wanted to shoot. On the actual wedding day, we did all of that and more. Along the way we had to make some quick adjustments which she accommodated.

I could go on and on about all the details from our 3 months of being in contact with each other, but to sum it up, Holly made us both feel very comfortable and relaxed. She took the time to hear our story and to keep things fun. We all know taking photos does have its awkward moments, but hey, we do it for the gram. To top things off, she even surprised us with a little gift at the end.

Thank you Holly! (And you too Tony!!)

Sent on 07/19/2019

Vina · Married on 11/29/2018

My oldest daughter married the man of her dreams and wanted every moment captured & Holly D was able to capture the entire event! Thank you Holly for your expertise & the quality that you bring for our most memorable moments in life!!!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Vina for your kind words! The pleasure to meet your sweet family and create your memories was entirely mine!

Jennifer Justafort · Married on 11/04/2018

Beautiful Family Portraits

Holly D is the absolute BEST! She took the most beautiful pictures of me and my family. One of my sons has autism, and trying to hold his attention as well as maintaining eye contact is no small feat. She made the experience stress free and was able to connect with him in such a way that only a skilled professional could do. Not only did he maintain eye contact for the shots, but he was also grinning from ear to ear ❤️ I will definitely be using her services again! Thank you Holly D!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww I had such a great time and I am so glad that I was able to take your photos! He did such a great job! I am so glad that we were able to capture these beautiful memories! :)

Sakara · Married on 09/22/2018

If you need a friendly, professional, and knowledgeable photographer Holly is your go to woman! For our engagement photo shoot, Holly kept the atmosphere light with jokes and interesting. After getting our photos the quality definitely reflected what we were looking to achieve. I recommend Holly for any type of photography photos you may need done! :)

Sent on 11/23/2017

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Sakara! I loved taking your engagement photos! You all were such a delight and so much fun to photograph. :)

Kylie · Married on 09/15/2018

My fiancé and I won an engagement photo session at a bridal fair we went to. Holly was so nice and helpful from the very beginning. My fiancé and I had a great time at our photo session. Holly made us feel very comfortable! And our pictures came out amazing! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/26/2018

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Kylie for taking the time to give such a kind and lovely review.
    It has been such a joy and a real pleasure to me to be able to be a part of your engagement shoot. I am so glad we met the way we did.
    I thank you for the opportunity!
    Warmly, Holly

Earl · Married on 09/09/2018

Holly is an amazing photographer! She has an eye to pose you in the right location and right position that will flatter any body type. She captures the moments artfully with focused attention to details. She is very pleasant to work and puts you at ease from the beginning. Her photographs of my daughter’s wedding are breathtaking! She captured the event so beautifully for my family to remember in the years to come. You will not be disappointed with Holly as your wedding or portrait photographer. Hire her to document your special day and you will be amazed!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Earl! It was a true privilege to be able to capture this majestic wedding. A photo of Hana received an award as she gracefully embodied her happiness!

Leaishah · Married on 09/08/2018

There’s so many things I can say about Holly ! My husband and I are very happy with our photos by holly , we had the pleasure of having holly not only do our engagement photos as well as our wedding day photos , and I mean she got both events at all angles I literally was looking at the album like “when was she over there, to get This picture standing over here” it’s amazing , she literally never misses a shot ! , communication was 100% all the time , we are not picture takers and we are very silly so getting serious shots I was surprise but holly made us so comfortable and the best experience ever , every chance I get I’m showing some one my engagement and wedding photos , and as a surprise to me holly also did my bridal shower my friends had for me and those picture were all so nice as well , the way holly takes pictures it makes me feel like “now this is the true meaning of , a picture is worth a thousand words !” Because she literally gets every moment , I love Holly !

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Leaishah for the kind words! It has been my pleasure to capture your sweet and inspiring journey!
  • I

Irene · Married on 07/08/2018

My husband and I are extremely grateful to have the opportunity to work with and have Holly as our wedding photographer! All her photos are breath taking and till this day we cannot get over how beautiful our engagement/wedding photos turned out!

What makes it pleasant about having Holly as our photographer is that she has the most kind and genuine heart. She takes the time to know her couples and explains everything in detail about the whole wedding process which helped us know what to expect and helped us feel at ease. She was quick to respond (both through email and by phone) whenever we had any questions or concerns. What we like about Holly is that my husband and I are camera shy and she made us feel very comfortable around the camera. To top if off, our photography sessions were so fun! We had so many good laughs while we were taking our photos which made it even more memorable.

We love the fact that she took time to drive out to meet us at our wedding venue a week before our wedding. We meet to scope out places for photo opportunities and sunset photos. She has gone far beyond what we would think any photographer would do. We are definitely going back to Holly for any other future photography needs! We highly recommend Holly!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Irene for your kind words! I can recall so many fun times with you and Marcos, it has been my pleasure to capture your story!

Sheila · Married on 06/30/2018

Holly's talent is amazing all the way around. She's the definition of what a wedding photographer is all about. I've had the privilege to see her work with many couples over the years and she's one who really cares about her clients experience from start to finish. You can't be disappointed with her work. To describe Holly... she's sweet, genuine, honest, has many years of experience with proofs of amazing photos, she's professional, passionate, dedicated to her craft full time. She's one who will always go the extra mile to ensure your wedding day photos will be cherished and loved forever. There are just no regrets when you book Holly. Thank you Holly for always being you and capturing moments that my husband and I can cherish forever.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Sheila! It is very kind of you. Your words have touched me, I appreciate you so very much!

Angela · Married on 04/21/2018

I don't know where to start when I describe how much we love Holly. From the very beginning of our wedding planning journey she has gone above and beyond to help us prepare for our special day and have fun doing it. Holly has the ability to make you feel comfortable and have fun taking photos, even if it's in a crowded touristy area like the Palace of Fine Arts. No matter how gray the weather is or how gloomy a room might look, Holly manages to make the photos she takes turn out bright and beautiful. You can instantly tell when you meet her that she truly loves what she does, and this is certainly visible in her work. We are so glad we got to work with Holly for one of the most special days in our lives!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I had the best time taking your engagement and wedding photos! You two are an amazing couple and I can't thank you enough for giving me the honor of photographing one of the most important days of your life! :)
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 03/31/2018

Holly was beyond amazing. We were very lucky to have her as our photographer! Holly was very sweet and so easy to work with. She was down to earth, which made everyone in the wedding party (including family and ourselves) feel super comfortable when getting their pictures taken. Everyone was raving about her at the wedding, and my mom has already been recommending her to everyone she can. The photos were absolutely beautiful, and better than I could have even imagined. She captured the decor and our special moments so perfectly :). We will definitely be recommending her to others!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Jen for your sweet words! You have made it so easy for me to capture your wedding, I can still remember the glow you wore that day!

Maiana · Married on 03/28/2018

Holly is an amazing photographer! She is very professional, nice & you can tell she injoys here job. I highly recommend booking holly for weddings, graduation photos etc you won’t be disappointed!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Maiana! It was my pleasure to capture your accomplishment and celebration! You looked so beautiful!

Theresia · Married on 02/03/2018

Hmm where do I begin?!? Holly did it again. :). This time it was one of the most important and precious times.. MY WEDDING. I remember calling Holly letting her know I was engaged and needed her for my wedding. We met and discussed dates. She was not available the first date I provided so I pushed the wedding out a week because I truly value captured memories and Holly has that skill. The day of my wedding was amazing! Holly was able to capture moments I didn't even know .... as a bride you're so busy with being the center of attention you can miss some of the small moment. My husband , family , guest and I were able to really enjoy ourselves while at the wedding. Holly has a great sense in know how to interact with everyone to make it fun and laidback. Everyone hates the school picture moment...that being said she was able to capture some great moment of my friend ( maid of honor) and I... we felt like we were back in junior high. I am beyond happy!!!! Thank you Holly!!!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Theresia! From the fun balloons at your engagement shoot to your sweet family photos on the big day, you have been a jewel to photograph, always "smile-ready" in a beautiful way!

LaToya · Married on 01/20/2018

Holly is absolutely fabulous!! She took pictures for our engagement and wedding. She provided some great locations for our engagement photos and was able to find lovely spots around the premises where our wedding was being held. She captured so many great shots of us! I loved them all. She has definitely become our go-to family photographer for all our special occasions :) I highly recommend Holly for her professionalism, friendliness, great eye, and sweet demeanor.

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much LaToya! You and Kelvin have been a delight, and therefore, so easy to capture your engagement and wedding day. Thank you again!

Kelvin · Married on 01/20/2018

Photography isn't about being able to point a camera and press a button; photography is about capturing and bringing to life a moment so that 20 years into the future you'll remember it like it was yesterday. That's the mark of a true photographer. Anyone can pull out their cellphone and snap a shot, but not everyone knows how to create memories and have them frozen in time forever. Holly D. and I have known each other for years and I've had the privilege of watching her develop her craft and her eye, all the while admiring her professionalism and kindheartedness. So it was a no-brainer to have her capture one of the most prolific moments in my life: my wedding! She captured every feeling, emotion, and glimmer of happiness -- and nervousness -- of both my wife and I. All while being able to somehow remain unobtrusive when the moments were personal.

Not only did she capture the memories that will make my wife's eyes light up when we get old and grey, but she was able to help us begin our newest chapter of life, together, in a way that we'll always be able to look back on and remember the love we shared. With our family, friends, and each other. Thank you so much Holly D for your eye, your talent, your professionalism, your kindness and of course: our memories!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Aww thank you so much for all of the wonderful words! I am so glad I was able to photograph your wedding. You two are such a cute couple!

Christopher · event on: 11/01/2017

Holly was absolutely outstanding. She exceeded all expectations. She was professional, personable, and made the photoshoot fun and enjoyable. Her work is unmatched, and also affordable. I would recommend her for any event!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww thank you so much! I appreciate it! :) I had such a great time capturing your photos!!

Summer · Married on 11/01/2017

She was great! Super nice and easy to work with. Graduation photos came out awesome! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to have some great quality photos.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I had such a great time capturing your photos! They were so unique. :)

Tessa · Married on 10/28/2017

From the start, Holly was so incredible! She made sure to get every detail of information in before our big day, from the names of our family, to moments we wanted to make sure and capture, to simply getting to know us as a couple. She made us feel so comfortable and natural while taking photos! When we saw the finished product, we couldn't believe our eyes with how beautiful every single shot was. Holly, thank you for capturing so exquisitely a day that we will remember forever!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww you are very welcome! It was such an honor to capture your love and big day. :)