Holly D Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Nicky
    Nicky R. Married on 04/02/2022

Amazing photography, incredibly organized

Holly and her second shooter Luis took beautiful photos of our wedding. They were prompt, communicative, friendly, and an all-around pleasure to work with.

We had a stellar set of wedding vendors, but Holly might have been the most organized and hardworking of all of them. She even put together a proposed timeline for our entire wedding day!

Holly suggested all sorts of great places to take photos as well. She proposed two beach locations for our engagement shoot at Half Moon Bay. Our wedding was at the Chabot Space and Science Center and she knew all the best spots and how to get the lighting just right. She had a beautiful redwood area picked out for the first look pictures, too. Holly went above and beyond throughout our wedding day, from showing up early on our wedding day, to pulling things like bobby pins to fix the bride’s hair out of her emergency kit. She is an incredibly warm and thoughtful person and helped keep everything calm and fun when we took photos with her. The photos turned out AMAZING and we and our family are so grateful that we have such beautiful pictures with which to remember our wedding day.

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet words! I had such a wonderful time photographing your wedding! Everything turned out so beautiful and was so much fun! Thank you for entrusting me with your wonderful memories! :)
    Courtney A. Married on 03/26/2022

Breathtaking photos; life-saving photographer

I reached out to Holly in a moment of desperation. Our photographer did not comply with the venue vaccination requirements and I was informed less than two months before our wedding date. I called Holly to (hopefully) see if she had availability, and by miracle or divine intervention she did! She called back promptly and we got straight to business sorting out what kind of photos we wanted and those that she suggested. She went the extra mile, attending the walk-through we had scheduled for the NEXT DAY following our initial phone call and also participated in our tech rehearsal. We had consistent communication via her online portal (through email) and she was also open to texting for quick questions. Holly was instrumental in finalizing our schedule for the day. Her experience really helped us understand how long each step in preparation was going to take. She is a preferred vendor at our venue (Chabot Space and Science Center), and with good reason. The photos she took for us in the redwoods and in the planetarium were actually out of this world, so she is excellent at shooting in dim or unusual settings. Her second shooter worked with the groom and groomsmen while she focused her attention on the bride and bridal party. She returned the photos to us within three weeks through her online portal. I can't recommend Holly enough. In addition to having very reasonable pricing, she is so professional and has amazing products that perfectly captured our big day.

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww thank you so much Courtney for your sweet words! Wow all of the details you put into this review is so amazing! I am so glad that I happened to be available on your wedding date! I truly had the best time photographing the two of you! You both are such a wonderful couple & I am so glad that I was able to be a part! Thank you! :)
    Justin H. Married on 02/12/2022

The Best Experience

Holly D Photography’s work speaks for its self. It screams: Quality and Value. I recently got married this year and Holly took our engagement and wedding photos. The location recommendations , quality of service, professionalism , value, and responsiveness were absolutely wonderful. Holly greatly surpassed our expectations and we absolutely love all the photos taken. I really can’t thank Holly enough. Now my wife and I will have record of great memories that will last a life time.

I highly recommend Holly D Photography!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww thank you so much for all of your sweet words! This truly means so much to me! :) I had the best time photographing so many beautiful memories!!
    Jennifer B. Married on 11/17/2021

Beautiful experience

We used Holly for our family photos and we are beyond happy with them!! Our whole experience with her was amazing, she answered all questions promptly and made it so easy to choose a package that worked best for us. She helped us pick the perfect venue based on the look we had in mind and it came out better then we could have imagined! She was super patient with our two youngest and we loved all the moments she captured! We can’t wait for our next family photos with Holly 💕💕

Holly D Photography's reply:

Aww I had such a great time capturing all of your beautiful memories! I am so glad that you had such a great experience! I can't wait for your next photo shoot too! :)
  • Melissa
    Melissa W. Married on 09/18/2021

Effortless, beautiful, professional

Holly is the type of wedding vendor that you will NEVER have to worry about. From her responsiveness, quality of work, and professionalism, she will put you at ease immediately. Taking pictures with her is fun, easy, and will make you feel beautiful. They will be pictures that you cherish forever. Holly is always on time, on task, and transparent with her products and pricing. I absolutely loved working with her, and would recommend her to anyone getting married.

Holly D Photography's reply:

Aww thank you so much for your sweet words Melissa! I am so glad that you had such a wonderful experience! I enjoyed every moment of your wedding! :)
    Mackenzie P. Married on 08/13/2021

Best photographer ever!!!

Holly was INCREDIBLE to work with!!! I cannot recommend her enough. Throughout our entire planning process she was so helpful, reliable and fast — not to mention she drove to do a walkthrough of our venue the month before our wedding!

As someone with photography and photo editing experience I am super picky — Holly's work is so exceptional that I promise she will make you look and feel amazing in every picture. She was also just a joy to work with! We had so much fun taking photos together and I'm really grateful she was there to capture our day and celebrate with us. I would also recommend you get her beautiful wedding album — it is amazing and will certainly be a family heirloom. Thank you Holly!!!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your beautiful words!! I truly had an amazing time capturing your wedding! I am so happy for the two of you! :)
  • Keith
    Keith R. Married on 04/18/2021

A Top-Notch Photographer for Capturing any Special Day

Holly was introduced to us by our wedding coordinator, Tan Weddings and Events. Our first impression of Holly was that she was an incredibly kind and professional individual. At our engagement session, we had no idea what to expect, as that was our first professional photography session. The end result was a fun and memorable afternoon. We were immediately impressed by the fact that Holly went out of her way to accommodate our busy work schedules. She took it upon herself to hike up a mountain and scout the area an hour prior to our arrival, to find the perfect spots. Holly has a knack for making people feel at ease and turning each session into a natural, enjoyable experience. We continued to see Holly’s passion and dedication in her profession through our Wedding Day Shoot. It was an amazing experience seeing Holly work her creative angles throughout the day and being an awesome team player while working with our videographer. When my wife and I received our engagement and wedding photos, we saw the level of detail and artistry that Holly exemplifies. Every photo we flipped through was filled with emotion and meaning. We are so happy to be able to relive every moment of our special day through these photographs. Not only is Holly a talented photographer, she is also a positive person who brings great energy to the day. We, without a doubt, would recommend Holly in a heartbeat!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Hi Keith! Omg! I am in tears right now! Your words mean so much to me! I had such an amazing time at your wedding! Everything was absolutely perfect! Thank you so much! :)
  • Y
    Yesica S. Married on 04/10/2021

The best !

The best photographer I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with! Natural talent that shines through her work. Definitely makes you feel comfortable and confident which is what anyone and everyone wants and needs during these intimate and special occasions. 10 out of 10!
  • Yesica
    Yesica S. Married on 04/10/2021

The best !

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww thank you so much! I truly had such a great time photographing your wedding! :) You two had a beautiful wedding and I feel so honored to have captured it! :)
  • Adrienne
    Adrienne C. Married on 03/20/2021

Family moments

LOVE her work! Holly has a unique way of capturing more than a picture~she captures personality! Her photo sessions deliver above and beyond expectations time and time again. She brings life to photos in such a way that they tell your/our unique stories memorializing a moment in time. Pleasant professional and prompt it’s a pleasure working with her and trusting her with the most special occasions. ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 💯

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww thank you so much! I have loved taking your photos over the years! Its amazing how time flies but so beautiful that you can look back over each of the years. :)
  • Hailey
    Hailey W. Married on 11/07/2020

FANTASTIC. I am a forever costumer.

Holly Drennen the best photographer in the world. We used her for engagement and wedding photos in Texas. Some have asked why I would fly a photographer in for my wedding... One glance at our photos and you know they are hers, you know why. She is an amazing talented unique one of a kind signature photographer. Amazing. Highly recommend. Will use her forever.

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww thank you so much! It was such an honor to fly out to photograph your wedding! Your words truly mean so much to me! :) I had the best time photographing so many beautiful memories!
  • F
    Freddie H. Married on 09/19/2020

It was a wonderful experience having Holly as our photographer

This review was long overdue! Holly was our photographer for our wedding on September 19th, 2020. My wife and I had our wedding planned on May 30th 2020, but obviously due to Covid, we had to postpone this date. Holly was very flexible with accommodating our wedding date change, even with her busy schedule. Holly had everything organized with a full itinerary of our timeline for our wedding day. During the photo shoot a few hours prior to the wedding, she was very attentive and detail-oriented with her picture-taking. Holly was very professional and had great ideas on where to take pictures, along with the best background, and made my wife and I feel comfortable with the photos. When my wife and I received our photo album from Holly, we absolutely loved it! Even though my wife and I weren’t able to celebrate our wedding with all of our family and friends, the wonderful pictures that Holly took was able to portray me and wife’s special day!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Aww thank you so much! I am so glad that I had the privilege of photographing your wedding. Everything was so beautiful! You two are such an amazing couple and I truly feel honored to have captured your love for one another! :)
  • Linda
    Linda L. Married on 08/29/2020

Holly D is such an amazing person

You can really feel that Holly's job isn't just about her making money. She truly enjoys capturing moments for people. We hired Holly for our engagement and wedding photos. We booked her before Covid and she was very flexible as we had to postpone our wedding twice and finally nailed down a date in late June. Definitely recommending Holly!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Aww thank you so much! Your words really mean a lot. I truly had such an amazing time photographing your wedding! :)
  • Shelene
    Shelene M. Married on 06/20/2020

Beautiful Photos and Wonderful to Work With

Holly was incredible to work with and was able to capture so many special moments of our Big Day! When our plans completely changed due to COVID-19, Holly was very flexible and worked with us to ensure our day was just as special. On the day of our wedding, it felt like we had another good friend or family member there, who just so happens to be really good at taking photos.

We have already recommended Holly's services to friends and family and will continue in the future.

Holly D Photography's reply:

You are so sweet! I am so glad that I was able to be there to support & photograph you on your wedding day! I know there were so many changes that you had to make but everything turned out so beautiful! :) I am looking forward to the next time I get to see you two!
  • Emma
    Emma T. Married on 02/09/2020

Above and Beyond!

Holly was the best wedding vendor decision we made. Planning a wedding is overwhelming, and there are tons of options out there when it comes to each part of the wedding, including photography! Right from the start, Holly was kind, professional and reliable. And trust me when I say that reliability isn't something that I can say about most wedding vendors :) Holly went above any beyond on our special day to make the day smooth, easy, comfortable, and fun! Our bridal party and family all commented on how great she was. We received our photos quickly and LOVE them! Holly completely knocked it out of the park and I will always refer her to friends.

Holly D Photography's reply:

You are so sweet! I am so glad that you had an amazing experience! :) I had such an amazing time photographing your wedding. Everything was so perfect! Thank you so much your all of your sweet words! It truly means so much to me. :)
    Danielle G. Married on 10/05/2019

Oh my! She is GREAT!

Words can’t fully explain how amazing Holly’s talent is! She definitely enhanced our wedding memories through her photography. Her customer service is on another level! So professional, so kind and caring, throughout the whole day. Holly even participated in the gift exchange between my “husband to be” and I, and memorized that experience with every snap of the camera. I’ve been told that some photographers want to capture “their vision” and sometimes forget the couple. Holly takes in consideration all elements of the couple, the family, venue, preferences and makes sure it’s captured in such a beautiful way. My wedding day has past and I am still looking over the photos! The venue didn’t have many options for what many would call for beautiful backgrounds, but Holly made it seem so picturesque. I am soo glad that Holly took our photos. We looked at her work for some time and sorta picked our wedding date based on her availability. It was definitely worth it. Thanks Holly!!!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww thank you so much! I am so glad that I was able to be a part of your wedding day! I had such a great time capturing so many memories! :) You two are such an amazing couple, I truly feel honored to say I was a part of your day!
    Ka Bz Married on 08/03/2019

Fantastic!

- Excellent with communication
    - Very fast at getting photos post-wedding
    - Made everyone feel comfortable day of!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I had such a great time capturing your wedding photos! :) Everything was so perfect and moved so smoothly! It was such a pleasure.
  • Rita
    Rita K. Married on 08/02/2019

Fairytale photos Sonoma

Holly was great to work with for our 25th wedding vow renewal. She made sure to get to know us and our wishes for the event on forehand even though we live in Norway and all contact was through phone and emails and 9 hour timedifference. She has a pleaseant personality and made us all relax and act natural in front of the camera. We had pictures taken of us as a couple and our 4 kids ages 25, 22 and 14, as well as family pictures. The pictures are wonderful and easy to download and get printed. We recommend Holly warmly.

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I truly loved every minute of your vowel renewal. Everything was so beautiful. I wish you many more years of true happiness! :)
    Samantha U. Married on 06/22/2019

Best decision we made for our wedding

My husband and I got married in June in Carmel and Holly was absolutely amazing! She went above and beyond for our wedding exceeding all of our expectations. Holly felt more than just a vendor and more like a friend that was capturing our entire day. She was so patient, responsive and enthusiastic throughout the entire process and I knew from the first phone call with her that I wanted her as our photographer on our wedding day! She knows exactly how to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera and helped us enjoy being in the moment. We also did engagement pictures with Holly and they turned out beautifully. We will have no hesitation having her as our photographer again in the future for other exciting events in our lives. We love you Holly!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww thank you so much! This really means so much to me! I had such an amazing time photographing your wedding! Everything was so beautiful and you two made me feel so welcomed. Your sweet spirits made everything come alive through the photos. Thank you for having me be a part of your special day! :) I can't wait to see you two again and capture more special moments!
    Jessica Y. Married on 05/18/2019

Simply delightful photographer for any occasion

Holly is simply fantastic to work with. She creates beautiful imagery but also makes you feel comfortable and helps you have fun doing something that can feel a little foreign and awkward at times. She's extremely professional but also personable. We have used her services many times and is first to mind when a mutual client needs photography services.

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I always have such a great time working with you! I can't wait for our next photo shoot! :)
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 04/26/2019

The most beautiful photos!!

This review is long overdue. Holly was our photographer for our wedding 2 years ago, and we still think of her often. We had such a great time shooting with her,
    and she really does AMAZING work!! Her final product is so good, for example, her photo album books, are stunningly original and beautiful. Every person that I
    show it to is just completely blown away.
    The album itself is like a showpiece, with a leather display box and a gorgeous cover and layout, when I look at it and all
    of our photos from our day, I can hardly believe that it is really us! It looks like we
    are a couple from a storybook fairytale, and not just us two regular people!
    Holly helped make our wedding one of the best decisions of our lives, not just because of what it means to officially seal our love on paper, but also because of
    the experience we had at the wedding and with her as our photographer. She took every single thing we said into
    account, and catered to our every wish, no matter how difficult. groom with our 2 cats and dog, and let
    me tell you, to orchestrate cats into a wedding photo is no small feat! And now these photos are some of my very favorite photos in life!! Holly was game for anything and was an integral part of making our day the most special of our
    lives thus far. Holly is also unbelievably supportive. She
    helped handle delicate emotions (as can be known to happen at weddings) by being supportive and helpful and played an important role in things continuing along smoothly, which is just totally priceless. I can't say enough wonderful things about both Holly's photos and also
    her as a person to work with. But even if Holly wasn't so wonderful to work with, she'd still be the best photographer simply due to her work, which is truly
    beautiful and original, with both classic and imaginative elements, making for the
    best wedding photos and memories!!!!!

Hi Rachel,
    Wow, this means so much to me! I had such an amazing time taking your photos and I am so glad to hear that you are doing great! Thank you so much for your sweet words! It means the world to me! :)
    Angela B. Married on 04/20/2019

The best decision I made for my wedding!

I really cant thank Holly enough. For me when all is said and done, the wedding photos are the thing i look forward to most in weddings, and knew that it would be the most important part for me too which is why i was nervous and careful to choose the best photographer possible so i would never ever have any regrets. Ive seen some beautiful weddings get some pretty lackluster treatment by photographers, ive also seen some very lovely photographs from weddings but that didnt evoke much from me, if that makes sense.. but Holly's are the most beautiful and inspiring ive ever seen, i truly cant get enough and i mean that. The way she understands how light and color work sounds like something any photographer should understand but they just dont have the grasp she does. And the way she knows how to bring out genuine emotion in her clients when she takes her shots.. im seeing these photos and remembering EXACTLY how i was feeling in that moment because my face says it all.

(And this is just an extra TMI here that im sure you all have heard before but as someone thats insecure with her body, knowing i would be photographed at every angle and knowing i wasnt at my ideal weight, i had fears that i would look back at wedding photos and be so upset with how i looked.. shallow i know, but Holly made me feel so confident and comfortable and beautiful, and she looked out for me and helped me show my best self, I dont feel anything other than positivity and happiness and love seeing these. And that is extremely extremely rare for me!!)

The little personal touches she adds to your experience with her, too, like the quality of the photobook... I dont know if i can say it enough but thank you thank you thank you Holly.

Thank you for being someone i will always remember and be grateful for saying yes to being involved in my wedding. She really deserves every bit of praise that comes her way and more. I hope this helps more people find her as their photographer, because they deserve to be as happy with my choice as I am!!

Holly D Photography's reply:

This is probably one of the sweetest reviews I have ever read! It truly shows me how important these moments are and how special they are to my couples. I loved every single moment of being your photographer from the first time we met at your engagement shoot until now. You two are an amazing couple and deserve the best! I hope our paths cross again soon! :)
    Carmen Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing!!!

Working with Holly has been amazing! She was so good that we booked her twice! Once for our City Hall event and then for our actual wedding day. I'm so glad that I was introduced to her by my best friend. I followed her work on Instagram and after seeing some of her photos I wanted to set up a call. Ever since our initial meeting, I knew right then and there that I wanted Holly to be our photographer.

Throughout the whole experience, she was professional from the beginning to the very end. We set up a meeting in Pleasanton to do a quick walk through of the venue to scope out the area. She shared with us her vision of where and what she wanted to shoot. On the actual wedding day, we did all of that and more. Along the way we had to make some quick adjustments which she accommodated.

I could go on and on about all the details from our 3 months of being in contact with each other, but to sum it up, Holly made us both feel very comfortable and relaxed. She took the time to hear our story and to keep things fun. We all know taking photos does have its awkward moments, but hey, we do it for the gram. To top things off, she even surprised us with a little gift at the end.

Thank you Holly! (And you too Tony!!)
    Vina Married on 11/29/2018
    My oldest daughter married the man of her dreams and wanted every moment captured & Holly D was able to capture the entire event! Thank you Holly for your expertise & the quality that you bring for our most memorable moments in life!!!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Thank you Vina for your kind words! The pleasure to meet your sweet family and create your memories was entirely mine!
    Jennifer J. Married on 11/04/2018

Beautiful Family Portraits

Holly D is the absolute BEST! She took the most beautiful pictures of me and my family. One of my sons has autism, and trying to hold his attention as well as maintaining eye contact is no small feat. She made the experience stress free and was able to connect with him in such a way that only a skilled professional could do. Not only did he maintain eye contact for the shots, but he was also grinning from ear to ear ❤️ I will definitely be using her services again! Thank you Holly D!

Holly D Photography's reply:

Awww I had such a great time and I am so glad that I was able to take your photos! He did such a great job! I am so glad that we were able to capture these beautiful memories! :)