Holiday Valley Reviews

153 Reviews for Holiday Valley

• W

Wendy V. · Getting married on 07/05/2021

Holiday Valley

Staff were amazing. Jolene did a great job

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 02/10/2021

Yodeler Lodge- Holiday Valley

Katelyn couldn't have made our wedding planning process any easier. She was responsive, professional and most importantly patient. She answered all of my questions with enthusiasm and assured me that everything would go smoothly, and it certainly did. Our location was everything we were looking for and more, and we wouldn't have done things any different.

Sent on 11/15/2019

Lauren C. · Married on 02/10/2021

Holidy valley

Our daughter was married at Holiday Valley. We could not have been happier with every aspect of the day. All staff were professional and responsive. We would highly recommend for any wedding!

Sent on 11/15/2019
  • Laura

Laura R. · Married on 10/23/2020

Beautiful Fall Wedding

Although we had a pandemic on our hands, Katelyn Tekavec bent over backwards for us to make our day so special. Being an out of town bride was difficult in itself, but Katelyn continued to make herself available for my husband and I, even if we had a video call here and there. We cannot wait to have our celebration next year with all the rest of our family and friends so they can experience all that Holiday Valley has to offer.

Sent on 11/03/2020

Meg B. · Married on 11/03/2019

Amazing from start to finish!

Katelyn was amazing from the very first time we sat down with her. She went above & beyond in every way to make our day special. She is so detailed and organized, making the process easy for the us. The staff was amazing, Sandy & Libby are the best and every server, staff member truly cared about our experience, and making it such a special day. Holiday Valley includes many items in their packages so it truly is a great value. I grew up skiing there so the place holds a special place in my heart, and even more after everyone made this the best day of my husband & I’s life.

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/26/2019

Fantastic Experience

Highly recommend the staff & venue of Holiday Valley for anyone who is considering them. We had a late fall wedding & everything was absolutely beautiful. The staff were attentive and the food was absolutely incredible, the price was about the average which was a great deal with everything that was included and the high quality venue and food.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah T. · Married on 10/04/2019

100% Recommend for a stress free wedding day

When it came to choosing my wedding venue I knew I wanted a location that was experienced with a full catering package, etc. Also, somewhere with indoor and outdoor ceremony options so that I wouldn't have to worry about the weather.

Yodeler Lodge was the perfect location with the beautiful Champagne Sundeck and lodge for the reception. Katelyn was our Wedding Coordinator and completely exceeded my expectations. I have friends who were getting married at the same time and they struggled to find a reliable person to help with their day that knew the ins & outs of the location of their wedding. I barely had to think of anything in regards to the order of events or vendor coordination because of how meticulous Katelyn was with every detail. She answered all of my questions quickly and went above and beyond to help me with extra details for the day. The food was great and they have wonderful relationships with other DJ, florist, bakery and photography vendors that further helped me narrow down my list for the day.
    Also, Ellicottville is a wonderful town to have a wedding!

If you are looking for a full-service wedding venue that will help make your planning easier this is absolutely the place to book... not mention the location is stunning!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Kelly · Married on 09/28/2019

Best wedding venue ever!

Such an amazing vendor from the beautiful setting, delicious food, friendly and attentive servers and most importantly Katelyn(catering sales manager) who hands down made our wedding day the best day ever!

Wish I could give 100 stars instead of 5!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 09/21/2019

Thank you for helping us host my dream wedding

Hosting our wedding at Holiday Valley was truly a dream come true. Jolene was an absolute angel from heaven - super responsive (no matter how random and crazy my questions were); the venue and its views were stunning; the food was delicious; and the entire wedding and catering staff was lovely!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 08/31/2019

Best Local Destination Wedding Resort!

Our wedding at Holiday Valley was absolutely amazing! I’ve stayed at the resort during ski season and it’s one of my favorite places of all time! In summer it’s absolutely beautiful! Yodeler Lodge was perfect for a rustic wedding. Jolene was our wedding planner and she did a fantastic job helping us organize the event. She helped me every step of the way. Thr checklist of what do plan each month to prepare for the wedding made my planning stress free!

The food was prepared perfectly and all our guests were satisfied! All of the bartenders and waitstaff were extremely friendly and did a wonderful job! The chef is extremely accommodating and will prepare special meals for guests with allergies and certain dietary restrictions. All the food options served during cocktail hour were excellent. The beef on weck sliders were like full sized sandwiches! The bacon wrapped scallops are a must! Our meals came out perfect and nobody was left hungry. My husband and I also had a nacho bar for the guests as a late night snack. Many guests complemented our food selections!

The ceremony site was beautiful and Holiday Valley has many scenic options for gorgeous wedding photos. The Champane Sundeck is perfect for an outdoor wedding ceremony.

Holiday Valley was perfect for wanting to have a destination type wedding but not having to travel far. As natives of WNY it was great for us having many family members out of town but also having family from WNY. The hotel options are amazing! The Inn has an amazing indoor outdoor pool and hot tub which was perfect to relax in the night before the wedding! There are also many fun things for guests to do at the resort as well as in the town of Ellicottville!

Overall our wedding experience was memorable and we will always return to Holiday Valley to reminisce for years to come!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Ted E. · Married on 08/24/2019

wedding/reception/day after brunch

As the father the bride, it is a genuine pleasure for me to offer a sterling recommendation for the Holiday Valley wedding/event team. Headed by the organizer Jolene, the entire staff could not have done a better job. Our daughter and her groom wanted to hold the ceremony at the top of the mountain, and with weather cooperating, everything that day was executed flawlessly and with friendly efficiency by all. The ski lift crew, servers, bartenders, shuttle drivers, reception manager and all other support staff all deserve our highest praise and gratitude for making the entire event all that it was. The Yodler Lodge was impeccably decorated and set, the food was excellently prepared and served warm to each attendee, all service very professional. There were absolutely no hitches or problems all day. As "locals" we've come to expect a very high level of quality and service from Holiday Valley for events such as this, but their execution of our daughter's wedding and reception far exceeded even our loftiest expectations. Very, very well done by all.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Molly · Married on 08/24/2019

Unbelievable hilltop ceremony

As an avid outdoor-loving couple that loves to ski and snowboard, we wanted to celebrate our wedding day at the place we both love so much: Holiday Valley in Ellicottville. The resort does so many things well in the winter, but an oft-overlooked aspect is how dynamite the place is as a wedding venue. From front to back, we couldn't have been happier. Our on-site coordinator, Jolene, led us through the entire process -- from booking, to planning, to day of -- and did it in such a way where we felt completely comfortable the whole time. When we began telling our friends (especially those coming from out of town) that we'd be getting married at a ski resort, we don't think they realized that they would actually be riding the chairlift to the top of the hill. And after it was all said and done, they were completely blown away. Holiday Valley's coordination between mountain operations (chairlift operations, setup at the top of the hill, etc.) and food & beverage (having champagne prepared for our guests as soon as they got off the lift) was seamless; the entire operation moved with such grace that there was no possibility of something going wrong from their end. When we told Jolene that the groom's 94-year-old grandmother would be attending, she instantly offered someone to have her driven up in a Ranger (in case she didn't want to ride the chairlift. She did, but the offer still stood.) When we finished up at the top of the hill, we celebrated the reception at Yodeler Lodge, one of three beautiful places to get married at the resort. The wedding party's designated server, Libby, was the absolute sweetest and took outstanding care of us throughout introductions, dinner and afterwards. Holiday Valley offered a myriad of different food options that we tasted beforehand at their tasting event. We're always so impressed when a venue can serve that amount of food in such a short time, and we were blown away by our dinners. The food was excellent. Our bartenders were friendly, engaging and kept the drinks flowing for all of our guests. All in all, Holiday Valley solidified its reputation as one of the best wedding venues in Western New York, and we're so thrilled we chose it for our wedding day.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda S. · Married on 08/17/2019

Just Incredible

I honestly can’t say enough about how amazing Holiday Valley was for our rehearsal and wedding venue. All of the staff are so friendly and nice and willing to help you out in any way to make your wedding weekend perfect. Also, the ground are kept so well - beautiful green grass and colorful flowers everywhere you look. We specifically would like to thank our wedding coordinator, Katelyn, our personal server, Libbi, and one of the managers, Franco, who helped us arrange a last minute transportation service. I highly recommend HV. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/24/2019

Chelsea · Married on 08/17/2019

Beautiful Venue!

Having our wedding at Holiday Valley was beyond perfect! They truly made our wedding day so special and memorable. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. We have already recommended this venue to many of our friends and family.

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 08/10/2019

Surreal, perfect wedding

Incredible!! Staff was phenomenal, every detail perfect and our wedding was even better then I could have imagined. Planning our wedding was a breeze with the help of Katelyn and Jolene, and the help day of was more then I could have asked for. It was because of everyone at this venue that I had the wedding of my dreams and I would without a doubt recommend them to every bride and groom. The food was incredible, the venue absolutely stunning, and the evening was more then perfect. Thank you all for the best day of our lives

Sent on 08/12/2019

Sarah D. · Married on 07/13/2019

The perfect venue!

Having my wedding reception at Holiday Valley Yodeler Lodge was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I do not have a single complaint about the service and accommodations throughout the entire night. Jolene was amazing, I could write a book filled with all the compliments and praise I have for her. She helped us along every step of the way, and her level of caring and attention was higher than I could've ever expected. The food was incredible, and the filet mignon in particular was exceptional. I highly recommend Holiday Valley as a venue, I promise you will not be disappointed! Thank you, Jolene and the rest of the Holiday Valley staff, for making our day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 09/06/2019

M Bommer · Married on 06/29/2019

Holiday valley is my fav

Holiday valley/Katelyn were wonderful to work with! Helpful, informative and really guiding the day for a smooth/less stressful day. Katelyn is on top of everything and made our day wonderful. We had such a great time at our wedding and it will make it that much sweeter as we return over the years to ski.

Photos by Sara bee photography

Sent on 01/28/2020

Nichole K. · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing wedding

Holiday Valley made our Wedding a dream come true!!! Jolene was our main wedding planner and was almost always available to answer any questions we had. If she wasn't available Katelyn would step right in! Right from the start we know this would be the perfect location! Yodeler Lodge was perfect. It was secluded and romantic. A beautiful venue!!! The coordinated they day without a hitch. Libby was a terrific head waitress just for the wedding party. All the teams worked together to make the day flawless and the food was phenomenal! Our wedding was May 11th, 2019 and it was truly the best day of our lives!

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley R. · Married on 05/10/2019

Perfect Fall Wedding!

Katelyn was so great to work with throughout the planning process! She was very responsive to all of our questions, big or small. We had both our ceremony and reception at Holiday Valley and everything moved along seamlessly. We also had the chairlift open for cocktail hour, which was a big hit with guests! We had an absolutely perfect fall day and the view at the top of the hill was stunning! The reception staff was very professional and attentive. One nice touch was that Holiday Valley provides a head waitress that is solely dedicated to the wedding party. Our head waitress was amazing! She had drinks ready for us immediately following the ceremony and made sure we had everything we needed all night! Another nice touch - since its hard to enjoy your meal while trying to say hello and thank all of your guests, Holiday Valley gives both the bride and groom an extra meal to take home to enjoy later. My only complaint about the venue was with reserving room blocks. It was a semi-destination wedding (one hour drive) for us, so many guests were staying the night. We were told we could only block 10 rooms at a time which we did over a year in advance. By the time we sent out invitations (5 months prior to wedding), all of the remaining rooms were booked so we had to look into blocking rooms at a different hotel in town. It would have been nice to get a notice that rooms were filling up so quickly given it was so far in advance. Other than the hotel situation, I cannot say enough good things about having our wedding at Holiday Valley! We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding, and morning after breakfast all at the venue and it went off without a hitch! Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 01/26/2020
  • Shannen

Shannen · Married on 04/27/2019

Incredible Venue

We just got married at Holiday Valley in the Yodeler Lodge. Everything from making arrangements to choosing table cloth colors was made simple and easy. The Holiday Valley staff was professional, kind, efficient, and amazing. The food was the best meal I’ve ever had and all the guests couldn’t stop commenting on how they loved it too. We worked with Katelyn and she made everything so easy and organized. No request was ignored or overlooked. Absolutely loved this venue and I do not have a single complaint!

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/03/2018

Phenomenal venue!

I can’t even describe how happy my husband and I were with having our wedding at Holiday Valley. The day was PERFECT! We did not notice a single thing to go wrong thanks to both Jolene and Kaitlyn who are the coordinators. We worked mostly with Jolene and she was seriously my saving grace. She had such great ideas, kept in touch often, answered my never ending questions, and was always extremely pleasant and professional. We choose Holiday Valley Lodge and it was beyond beautiful. I would choose this venue over and over again. I highly recommend!!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Sara L. · Married on 10/26/2018

A Great Time!

Our wedding was on Friday, October 26, 2018. The venue was absolutely perfect! We are from the area originally but moved 4 years ago.
    We planned our wedding from 2,000 miles away and it was so easy. Katelyn, the wedding coordinator was super helpful with timelines and all of my questions. Our wedding took place at Yodeler Lodge, with our ceremony outside under a pavilion and reception indoors. I have too many favorite parts to name one!

Sent on 11/01/2018
  • Abbe

Abbe H. · Married on 10/12/2018

The most perfect Wedding Ever!!!

Just wonderful!!! Definitely recommend.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Kate · Married on 09/15/2018

Katelyn and Jolene were absolutely amazing through this entire process. We wish we could do this day over a million times. They were so attentive to all of our needs and easy to get in contact with at all times.

Sent on 09/28/2018