Holiday Inn Sioux Falls-City Centre Reviews

65 Reviews for Holiday Inn Sioux Falls-City Centre

• Katie

Katie Padilla · Getting married on 10/08/2021

Holiday Inn and City Centre-Great Wedding Venue

From start to finish the HICC were been amazing to work with. They were so accommodating, communicative and at the last minute saved the day by allowing us to move our ceremony from our church to the hotel. No detail was over looked, and they always ensured that it was what my vision that they were executing. Anything we asked they could make happen, and everyone was so pleasant to work with, including other hotel staff over the wedding weekend. The ceremony and reception spaces looked absolutely beautiful. Just seeing it for the first time before pictures made me want to cry. It was a beautiful, magical day for me and my husband, so thank you so much HICC for helping to make it happen 😊

Sent on 08/30/2020
  • Abigail

Abigail Centes · Getting married on 07/07/2021

Amazing Venue

My reception was everything I ever dreamed for! The decorations and food were amazing! My husband and I are so happy we chose the Holiday Inn for our special day. I definitely recommend it! Everybody in the sales team is super nice and helpful throughout the whole process. The service we received was exceptional! I had so many great compliments about how the reception looked. It will always be an unforgettable experience!

Sent on 07/21/2020

Holiday Inn Sioux Falls-City Centre's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Abigail! It brings us so much joy to know your reception was everything you dreamed of! We appreciate you choosing us to be a part of your special day! Wishing you Many Blessings in the future! -The Team @ the Holiday Inn Downtown

Stephanie Harrington · Married on 09/25/2020

I felt like a celebrity!

Where to begin? The BEST of the best! Stop looking at other venues right now, because Holiday Inn City Centre has it ALL.

I am originally from the Sioux Falls area, but am currently living in Michigan. So, as if planning a ‘destination wedding’ at baseline doesn’t have its own stressors and obstacles, then add 2020; a learning curve for everyone. Let me tell you, never did I ever feel like I wasn’t a priority and that everything was going to be okay - it was beyond okay, it was PERFECT! From quick email responses, to zoom meetings “just to make sure we’re all good”, to personally working with our schedule to schedule a private tasting since we were unable to attend their Wedding Showcase, I always felt taken care of. PS: we LOVED the food and received so many compliments about how great it was!

Let’s keep going. Think you need a wedding planner? Done. They are the wedding planner! They are here for you every. step. of. the. way! Although my ceremony was at a church, they do everything from start to finish. They offer rehearsal dinner options to day after opening gifts and brunch. They have a full service bar, all the social hour goodies you can think of, and even late night snacks you know you don’t need but eat them anyway. They SET UP AND TEAR DOWN EVERYTHING, because no one, including your parents, your grandma, and especially the bride wants to be doing that after the final song of the night!

Decorations got you stressed? Take a deep breath, also taken care of! They have so many beautiful centerpieces you can choose from, some you can rent for a reasonable price and some are FREE to use - all clear, glass vases/votives are COMPLIMENTARY, and you can either supply or buy the candles from Holiday Inn City Centre. They set up the head table, they have back drop options, they have all the linen colors you can think of, some also complimentary, they have chair covers, and even offer uplighting packages.

Don’t want to travel to get your hair done at the salon? If there is ever a time when TIME is the most valuable thing - it’s your wedding day! Holiday Inn City Center offers bridal suites for you and your entire tribe to get ready in. Your glam squad can come to YOU - it’s your day and it’s truly all about you (and the groom 😘)! Eating was the last thing I was thinking about while getting my hair and makeup done, but when you have catering available and have Holiday Inn City Centre staff bringing you juice, water, coffee, MIMOSAS, pastries, fresh fruit, a sandwich platter, and chips - you can rest assured your bridal party is taken care of and that’s also one less thing anyone else has to worry about.

Guests traveling from out of town? They offer suites with amazing views and all the natural light you could ever need, which makes your photographers job easier, which in turn gives you the best photos to remember your special day! And after the dance, if you’re not quite ready to stop celebrating you can hit up any of the downtown bars all within walking distance of the hotel. Or, if you’re ready to reminisce on the day with your other half, you can simply walk back to your room and relax in your COMPLIMENTARY KING SIZE BED!

AGAIN, I cannot thank APRIL and ALL the staff at Holiday Inn City Centre enough for ensuring that our wedding day was not only the BEST DAY, but that it was also the most seamless and stress free day! If you don’t believe me that that is a real, possible feeling, then book Holiday Inn City Centre and find out for yourself!

XOXO,
    THE BARRS

Sent on 09/30/2020
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Griffith · Married on 06/13/2020

So easy to work with!

We had an amazing reception here! They made everything so easy for us during the pandemic and were flexible with us when postponing. The food was delicious and we received so many compliments on it! They provide all the centerpieces as well as set up and take down for you! April was amazing to work with.

Sent on 08/28/2020

Jamie Martin · Married on 10/04/2019

Phenomenal everything

my husband and I had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and we even did some of our pictures all in the hotel. Dominique was our wedding coordinator her and the entire staff were absolutely amazing. we made part of our decorations and brought some stuff in for our Hawaiian/Jimmy Buffett theme. I told her that I didn't care what all they did just to make it look nice, but my goodness did they do a wonderful job. We had so many compliments on all of the decorations and the food was absolutely phenomenal. Everytime I had a question she was so easy to contact and answered right away. she even made an appearance at the wedding to say how beautiful I looked. She is the most wonderful person I am so glad we got to work with her. she told me they would make it the best day of my life and she wasn't wrong I didn't even have to worry about anyone cutting the cake because they did that for us as well. I knew we chose the best place to get married and the best person to work with. I will always recommend working with this staff.

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 08/10/2019

Best Venue!

We would highly recommend The Holiday Inn City Centre! April, Kate and the rest of the staff were amazing!!! They were organized, made communication so easy, and were so passionate about making sure your day became the dream you had imagined! Again, highly recommend, you will not be disappointed with your choice!!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Stephen

Stephen Klekas · Married on 07/19/2019

The best place to go

Our contact, Domanique Lokken, was the best, most helpful person we could've asked for. She responded well to all calls and emails, helped cut deals and room rates (even the day before the wedding), and was the key to making our wedding experience so amazing. Her and her staff at the Holiday Inn made the reception room look amazing, organized our dessert deliveries and DJ, they literally did everything. It was so nice to not have to worry about anything, but still have everything look perfect. We would absolutely host another event there.

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing experience

Holiday Inn did such an amazing job on our wedding day! We love Domanique, and all the support she provided through the planning process was so much appreciated, she really made it feel like “anything was possible” for our movie-themed wedding! The venue was decorated perfectly, the acoustics were great, and the food was amazing from the gourmet market appetizers to the meat and cheese late night snack bar. We still have people telling us how delicious the entree was! Even my brother, who is a picky chef, commented on how good the chicken Florentine and garlic mashed potatoes were. We are so happy we chose Holiday Inn City Centre as our ceremony and reception venue!
    -The Zephier’s

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Robert

Robert · Married on 06/09/2019

If you're looking for a vendor, STOP, you've found the right one here!

If you are thinking of having your ceremony and/or reception at the Holiday Inn Sioux Falls, City Centre you've made the right choice. From the moment we decided on this venue, we were taken care of. Our guests were taken care of. There were some bumps in the path to our day, but EVERY deviation was rectified, corrected, and made right. WITHOUT HASSEL. Their customer service goes above and beyond ANY expectation we could have had. Dominique and her team made our day STUNNING. We, and our guests, were BLOWN away at the beauty, detail, and service provided. The nerves, concerns, questions were handled with amazing class. We got to enjoy our day and let the professionals handle every detail. We truly can't thank them enough for making our day so extraordinarily special.

Sent on 06/14/2019

Madison · Married on 04/27/2019

Exceptional venue and staff

I couldn’t have asked for a better day thanks to Domanique and her staff! I was stress free the entire day as I knew that the staff were truly professionals. The venue was incredibly beautiful and I got so many compliments after!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Deanna Versteeg · Married on 02/18/2019

The Holiday Inn City Centre is a fantastic place to celebrate a wedding!

I don't know where to begin to thank April for all of her efforts and coordination in making our wedding the event of a lifetime!! It was more than perfect! The centerpieces turned out better than we had expected, the display of photos, appetizers, desserts, EVERYTHING was just amazing!! When we stepped off the elevator and saw the display with the birch logs, lighting and candles - it couldn't have been more beautiful! The room set up turned out to be the best out of all the efforts you put in to making sure Danielle was happy with the layout. The dance floor in the middle was exactly what worked out the best - everyone had to pass it and hopefully, was encouraged to join the dancing!!!

We received so many compliments on the food which made us very proud that we selected the Holiday Inn as our venue. It would not have been more magical anywhere else!!! Many positive comments were made of the wine barrels and wooden tops as well.

The staff was tremendous! They were friendly, efficient, and very accommodating. Terrific people! I would recommend anyone to contract with the Holiday Inn based on the experience we had!!!

Our rooms were great - I wish we could have enjoyed them more than we did, but we were a little distracted with visiting and celebrating! Thank you for the room upgrade for Danielle and Jesse – they felt very special!!!

April, thank you .... you were fantastic to work with! We enjoyed spending time with you. Like I said, I had every confidence that you would make this event perfect for Danielle and Jesse and you did!! You are a very valuable member of the Holiday Inn team!!!!!

All of our best to you as you begin your new role at the Holiday Inn - they're lucky to have you!

Sent on 02/18/2019

Alli · Married on 11/17/2018

Absolutely Outstanding!

April & her team were absolutely amazing! Picking all the little details can be so stressful but April was so helpful and kind through all the decision making to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. All night we felt like we were getting the royal treatment, her team was so responsive and quick to make sure everything was perfect. On top of that they were all so professional and exceptionally kind which made for an absolutely perfect night and overall amazing day!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Lindsay J · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful Experience!

The Holiday Inn City Centre was great to work with! April, the event manager, is so very kind and helpful. Every idea and request was done without question and exceeded expectations. Staff is polite and hardworking, decor quality was great, food was delicious. My husband and I had a perfect reception thanks to the Holiday Inn team!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Charlotte · Married on 09/22/2018

We highly recommend Holiday Inn City Centre Sioux Falls for your wedding! We had both our ceremony and reception in the Falls Ballroom and it was absolutely perfect!!! Everyone there had such an amazing time and loved the venue. Working with April made planning our wedding so simple and stress free. She listened to our ideas and made sure everything that was possible to be done was done. It turned out beautiful! The staff there was very professional, attentive, and made sure things went just as we wanted. We couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate our special day!!! Thank you Holiday Inn for the great memories!!!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Holiday Inn Sioux Falls-City Centre's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful feedback Charlotte! The pleasure was all mine! I had a ton of fun working with you and am so happy you had your dream day! All my best wishes to you and Tyler! - April

Danielle · Married on 09/08/2018

April and everyone else, who helped make my wedding a dream come true, did absolutely amazing! The starlite room was beautiful and everything exceeded our expectations. They made my planning and wedding so stress free. I highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Holiday Inn Sioux Falls-City Centre's reply:

Such an amazing couple to work with! We wish you all our best in the future! Thanks so much Danielle and a big Congrats to you and Jeremy! - April
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/18/2018

Excellent Service

We cannot recommend the Holiday Inn City Centre enough!! We had our reception in the Falls Ballroom and it was absolutely magical! We had so many compliments on how beautiful the room looked! The staff was all amazing to work with too! Kate made our wedding day completely stress free! Her team made sure our vision was portrayed exactly how we wanted it. Kate was very helpful, organized, and communicated quickly when we had questions/concerns. A huge bonus is that the HICC staff set up and tore down EVERYTHING! When the dance was over, everyone was able to go to bed and didn't have to worry about cleaning up.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Megan · Married on 06/23/2018

Domanique was INCREDIBLE in helping me plan every aspect of my wedding. She was super easy to communicate with and met with us several times to make sure every detail was planned for. She and her team made our day so easy and stress-free. They help you figure out what you're looking for, and make it happen. They make it so easy to enjoy your day without worrying about the background details, and the venue itself was gorgeous. The Starlite Ballroom looked incredible on our wedding day, and I got so many compliments on how beautiful everything looked and how delicious the food was. I cannot recommend Domanique and the Holiday Inn City Centre enough!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Logan · Married on 06/23/2018

Booking the Holiday Inn Centre for our reception was one of the best choices we made during the wedding planning process! Domanique was amazing to work with and made the whole process much easier! We met several times with Domanique over the course of the wedding planning and everything was planned out to each little detail! They truly made me feel safe and reassured every time I went in that they would have everything figured out for our reception! They were able to decorate the entire reception exactly how I wanted it even without me being there! When I actually walked out of the elevator to my reception for the first time on our wedding night - I was brought to tears because of how beautiful the entire place looked! The staff was incredibly polite the night of the wedding, and the food was absolutely amazing! We are so incredibly happy and blessed that we were able to use the Holiday Inn Centre for our reception!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Kellen · Married on 04/28/2018

Booking my reception at the Holiday Inn City Centre was one of the best and easiest choices I made. April and the entire staff went out of their way to ensure that our perfect day went as planned. The Holiday Inn does it all! They take care of all the tables and chairs, they will do all the center pieces and room decorating that you design. The food that they cater in house is so delicious! Some of the best beef I have ever had :) I will forever be recommending the Holiday Inn City Centre to anyone looking for the perfect day!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Barbara · Married on 04/14/2018

Our wedding was in the recent blizzard but the HICC did a great job with everything! They worked with us on meal numbers and up graded our gift opening room ! It was perfect!!

Sent on 04/22/2018

Janet · Married on 04/14/2018

Everything was great! Our kids were married during the April 2018 blizzard! Domanique, Michelle, Chef Jeff and the entire staff were so helpful and accomodating that we didn't even notice the weather. The decorating was all beautifully done to our requests, the best part was we got to enjoy the evening without worrying about clean-up. Thanks so much!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Katie · Married on 01/27/2018

I would strongly recommend the Holiday Inn City Centre (HICC)! April was my Wedding Planner for the venue and with every bump/curve in the road of wedding plan, she was ready to help! HICC had amazing food and kept us informed every step of the way! We ran into a big bump of the hotel being completely booked and April worked hard to make sure my guests were accommodated and everyone who wanted a room was able to get one. HICC does all of the decorating if you choose to have them do so and they did an absolutely amazing job! I provided a few ideas of what I wanted and it was better than I could have imagined. I have heard lots of positive reviews on the food and we had a hard time choosing meals because everything we tried was great! HICC worked well with my florist, Josephine's and with my DJ, Jason Yashino of Energy Event Group and my photographer Allana Rogge with Studiofotografie. It is amazing how everything fell into place. Our day was absolutely amazing with all of the groups working together, but the setting was stunning! Thank you HICC and April!

Sent on 02/03/2018

Holiday Inn Sioux Falls-City Centre's reply:

Thanks so much for the review Katie! It was my honor to work with such an amazing couple! Best Wishes to you and Josh!

Jenny · Married on 10/21/2017

Our wedding was everything I imagined and more. April was a god send, everything came together through her organization and flexibility to make everything exactly what we wanted. I can't thank the holiday inn enough.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Allie · Married on 10/07/2017

I was extremely impressed with my wedding planner and her team! They took care of everything at our reception, and they made my wedding experience one to remember! I would recommend this location to anyone looking for a reception in Sioux Falls!

Sent on 10/22/2017

carla · Married on 09/16/2017

April was amazing to work with from start to finish. She helped us make decisions and gave her professional input when we asked and we were never disappointed The venue was gorgeous and exactly what we wanted and more!!! One thing you get with a venue like this is complete service when it comes to set up and tear down. The food was delicious created by there very own chef. We extremely encourage anyone looking at this venue to attend one of the taste testing events as we did. April was always on top of answering questions by phone or email throughout the process. If you are still in the process of making a decision on a venue, we highly recommend meeting with April at the Holiday Inn down town convention center at the very least.

Sent on 09/23/2017