Holiday Inn Dubuque/Galena Reviews

4 | Dubuque, IA

4 Reviews for Holiday Inn Dubuque/Galena

Robbyn · Married on 06/21/2014

We held our wedding reception at the Holiday Inn Blue Moon Ballroom, and there was another wedding reception at the same time as ours on the upper level of the hotel. However, despite this the service was AMAZING! I coordinated our wedding on my own. So, it was very helpful having the assistance of their event planner/manager - she helped me plan the reception schedule and let me know what most people include at their reception. We had a plated dinner, and afterward we needed cake boxes for each table - since we had individual cakes for centerpieces. The staff found us cake boxes and kindly boxed up our leftover wedding cake for us and stacked the boxes neatly on the cake table. They were the kindest staff I have interacted with and definitely made our day special. I couldn't have asked for a better venue, not to mention that the remodel was gorgeous. It was super helpful to have them take care of the little things I had forgotten to plan for, like the cake boxes. I couldn't thank them enough. I would definitely suggest this venue.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Teri · Married on 01/11/2014

We planned our wedding in a month. Shannon Vogt, the caterer sales manager, was very helpful and was able to provide us with the exact venue we were looking for. She always responded to our phone messages quickly and was able to answer all our questions. We definitely would select this hotel for our next celebration.

Sent on 01/25/2014

DeAnna · Married on 06/30/2012

We had our wedding in the Iowa Room, on the main level with our reception on the lower level in the Blue Moon Room. We couldn't have asked for a better place to make our day so special! The decor is very homey, yet elegant, classy and romantic. The staff was wonderful, and our catering Manager was awesome to work with. Definitely recommend the motel to anyone! All in one access, rooms to stay in, restaurant and bar on site, ceremony and reception, for all to enjoy with out driving anywhere. They pick up at the airport and shuttled some of the after party partiers to breakfast at a nearby restaurant.

Sent on 07/16/2012

Natalie Kahle · Married on 08/10/2019

Three way communication

Bobbie, the event coordinator at the Holiday Inn, did a phenomenal job. She worked with us through just 6 months of planning for a bigger wedding. We put her through a ringer with being a bit picky on the food, but she amazed us. (The stuffed chicken is my absolute favorite!!) Bobbie worked through a lot of three way communication since we do not live in the area, but she worked with my mother who does. There was a lot of three way calls that Bobbie managed really well. Bobbie made sure whatever we needed was planned accordingly, or taken care of right away. Thank you so much. ❤️

Sent on 08/12/2019