Hoffer Photography Reviews

72 Reviews for Hoffer Photography

• Tatiana

Tatiana Duarte · Getting married on 06/05/2021

Best Investment

We recently had our engagement shoot and Amy and Tony Hoffer just made it so easy and so much fun. Our photos came out beautifully and all our friends and family are asking who did our photos because they want to book them too. I can't wait until the wedding! Our photos will be something we will keep forever and we couldn't have picked better photographers.

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Meredith

Meredith Bochneak · Married on 09/07/2019

They put up with me being a scatterbrain!

Tony and Amy did the photos for our wedding and engagement shoot. They are so personable, super flexible, and gosh darn talented. From the moment we met I felt that we had been friends for ever. Both my husband and I felt very comfortable with them every step of the way and highly recommend them to everyone! Don't think twice about hiring them, scoop them up, and wait for magic!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Kelly · Married on 06/15/2019

We worked with Jim for both our proposal and our wedding and we couldn’t be happier with the photos! Jim and Lindsey, their office manager, were so responsive to all of our emails. I think we are officially adding Jim to our family tree!
    We also used the “Guestcam” from the Hoffers for our photo booth. They helped us to pick a backdrop and even provided some fun props (we supplemented with our own props too). I would say the attendant did a good job but she didn’t seem totally familiar with the technology. For instance the Guestcam supposedly does animated gifs but this service was not offered or made clear to anyone about how to do it. But the Guestcam quality was great and our guests loved it overall.

We got our photos back less than a month after the wedding and we were blown away. Jim has an amazing eye for detail and made us feel so comfortable even when we weren’t sure how to pose. But every single picture turned out better than we envisioned. We love our pictures so much we can’t decide what should go in our album! Thank you!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/04/2019

Where Do I Even Begin!

There are a lot of details that go into planning a wedding, much of which you can’t really think about until you start the planning process. For me and my husband, there was at least one thing we knew without a doubt would be a part of our day – the Hoffers. Before even getting engaged we witnessed Tony and Amy Hoffer at work at a friend’s wedding and we couldn’t stop talking about them for so long after. We were blown away with not just the results of the images themselves, which were amazing, but by their pure energy and enthusiasm throughout the night. We knew that when the time came those were the type of people we wanted to surround ourselves with.

Being a photographer, Nick had pretty high standards for what he was looking for in a wedding photographer. We both agreed that while we wanted some of those key shots, we did not want the quintessential wedding photography that you see online. We wanted a unique, artistic approach to our pictures that would truly capture the two of us as a couple, which is exactly what we got!

We got the pleasure of working with Tony and Amy 4 times over the course of the last 15 months. Nick surprised me with having them capture the proposal at Grand Central Station, which truly made the day even more special. Immediately following the proposal, we were so determined to lock in the Hoffers for the wedding that we started the process of looking for venues and literally coordinated the day around when they were available. If there was one thing we weren’t willing to negotiate on, it was them!

Luckily, we found a day that worked for everything! We shot an engagement shoot with them in Tribeca, NYC that was probably one of the most fun experiences we have had together. Tony and Amy made us feel so comfortable to where we could just be ourselves. It literally felt like having two friends with you all day. I don’t think the smiles ever left our faces. We were so blown away by the results and couldn’t wait to share the pictures with our family and friends.

As an additional experience for me, I did a boudoir shoot as Nick’s wedding gift with Amy Hoffer and Lindsay Backner that was a once in a lifetime experience. It was such a memorable time for me. The confidence I felt in that moment and then in seeing the results afterwards was something both me and my husband will cherish for many years. I couldn’t thank the two of them enough for making me feel like a million bucks that day and for the beautiful images I can now look back on.

When you’re hiring vendors for a wedding, you try to work off recommendations as much as possible. After that, you’re pretty much left with online reviews, phone interviews and hoping that you have made the right decisions. When we hired Hoffer Photography we had no doubt in our minds that we made the best decision for our day. We knew that we had hired individuals who would amplify our day with their talent and positivity. We fully entrusted them to capture our most precious moments and felt completely comfortable in leaving creative liberty at their disposal. Not only were we so impressed with them that day, but our family and friends have all commented on how wonderful they both were. They seemed to be everywhere you wanted them to be, capturing each special moment, but you never really knew they were there at the same time!

We’re so thankful for these past 15 months and getting to work with the Hoffers. We can only hope that we will have more opportunities to work creatively together in the future!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Dara

Dara · Married on 12/08/2018

Stunning Photography!

Where do we begin? From the moment We met with Tony and Amy we knew that they would be the photographers to capture not only our wedding day, but our love story! Photography is so much more than a job for the Hoffers. Their talent & passion for photography is truly unique! It’s obvious that they genuinely care about each and every couple that they work with. Tony and Amy have a gift for seeing things differently than everyone else and for taking the most incredible pictures that will leave you speechless and wanting more! They even coached us when we asked for advice on how to pose or where to look! Tony and Amy are extremely talented, very professional and so down to earth! The Hoffer squad made taking pictures so much fun and we had an absolutely blast working with them! Highly recommend them to anyone needing a photographer!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Dominique Diazgranados · Married on 09/28/2018

Best Photographers!

Hire the Hoffers (Tony & Amy). That is all.

In all seriousness, our engagement and wedding photos are so spectacular! My husband and I met with the Tony and Amy after my friend recommended them to me. I was in the process of reviewing other photographers’ work/style and put a lot of effort into the search because I knew that having amazing photos of my wedding was one of the most important things to me. As soon as we left our initial meeting with Tony and Amy, we weren’t even in the car before I told my then fiancée, “those are our photographers, we are signing the contract when we get home.” Amy and Tony make you feel like you are old friends (like seriously you want to be their besties), which makes the shooting experience fun, carefree and results in the most incredible photos. I think that is one of the things that makes them unique, you feel so comfortable around them that the camera seems secondary, you don’t even realize they are getting all of these amazing shots of you because you are just “hanging out”. You can also feel that they are just as invested as you are in making sure you having memorable photos and that makes them so special.

We just received our wedding photos and I started tearing up. Through their photos it is like reliving the whole day over! For me this was amazing especially in regards to the reception photos since there are so many moments that are a blur since it goes by so fast. What we love so much is that Tony and Amy captured so many candid moments at the wedding/reception, so you actually get to see what an amazing time your guests had and you feel the joy. Plus, their photos just make the bride and groom pop!

If you want photos that are NOT going to be run of the mill, static, typical wedding photos: pick the Hoffers. If you WANT creative, colorful, imaginative, candid shots: pick the Hoffers. Invest the money in your wedding photos and go with Tony and Amy, they are just the best!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Christine · Married on 08/04/2018

We had a wonderful experience with the Hoffer team and our photographer, Jim. The entire team is easily approachable and both Jim and the studio manager, Lindsay, were quick to respond to questions. We had a blast at our engagement shoot, and even more fun on our actual wedding day. Jim and his second shooter, Tommy, made us very comfortable while we were getting ready and grabbed great shots of both of us, our families, and our bridal parties. The photos from the day were exactly what we had hoped for - tons of candid shots of us interacting with our families and friends, as well as some gorgeous photos of the two of us that made us look way more photogenic than we could have imagined. I would highly recommend the Hoffer group to any friends getting married in the future!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2018

What can we say about Amy and Tony? As fellow wedding photographers, my husband and I have been following their work for years. When we decided to plan our 10 year vow renewal celebration, we knew no other photographers would suffice. Even though their portraits are beautiful, the Hoffers have a way of freezing moments which is super important to us. On the day of, Amy and Tony were so chill and most of the time, we barely knew they were there. When we did catch them from the corner of our eyes, we saw them capturing so many moments that we can not wait to relive. When our blog post went live just 3 days later, it was an amazing feeling to relive the excitement of the weekend. We know once we receive all of the images, it will bring us back to that night, which is one we will never forget thanks to their amazing photos. Thank you Amy and Tony!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Courtney · Married on 05/05/2018

We will never be able to thank Tony and Amy for capturing our big day. We not only got amazing wedding (engagement and boudoir) photos from hiring them but we got amazing friends as well. Photography was the most important vendor to me when we started planning a wedding. After meeting with a handful of photographers, no one was really wowing us until we met Tony and Amy. From the first meeting with Tony and Amy we felt like we had known them for years. They made us feel so comfortable, which is huge when those people are taking your picture.
    When it came to the wedding day there is no one else I would have wanted there. I think I spent more time with Tony than I did with my husband that day. Tony and Amy are an amazing pair and are there for literally everything. Whether it's fixing veils and boutonnieres, hiding in the trees, or getting you a much needed margarita, they do it all while taking amazing photos. They were worth every single penny and I'm sure we will be calling them for more pictures throughout our lives!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Alexandra · Married on 03/04/2018

Out of all the vendors I picked out for our wedding on March 4th, the Hoffers were the most amazing choice I made. Photography was extremely important to me, and the Hoffers went above and beyond what I had hoped for for our wedding day. We had a custom package that included an engagement shoot and the Hoffers met us all the way in Cape May, NJ, which was where he proposed to me. Tony and Amy were so friendly, and they made us laugh the entire time. I couldn't wait to see them on the wedding day because of how much fun we had with them. I still feel like I want to have a drink with them sometime! The pictures on the day of the engagement shoot were STUNNING and we bought a ton of them to put around our house. We just received our wedding pictures today and spent hours looking through all of them and reliving the day through Tony & Amy's creative lens. We want to order one picture as a large canvas print to put over our fireplace and it's one of the hardest choices we've ever had to make because all of the pictures are stunning. Thank you Hoffers for the amazing job capturing our big day!!! If we ever get professional photos done in the future, you will be the first one's we call!

Sent on 03/22/2018

cryssie · Married on 11/04/2017

I’m not sure I️ could ever find the words to thank the Hoffers. There are qualities you never realize that make a great photographer, especially if you don’t work with one often, until they are right in front of you. Tony and Amy were always enthusiastic and shared their excitement with us when they got an award winning shot which was much appreciated. They were creative and adventurous which was exactly what we were looking for. Tony was able to crack a smile from me on more than one occasion even during my stress filled moments with his bubbly personality and quirky comments. (Much appreciated, Tony!) Not to mention their shots are untouchable. Together their talent is undeniable. I️ am absolutely honored that they were able to be apart of our special day and capture the most perfect pictures for us.

Sent on 11/18/2017

Angela · Married on 10/08/2017

Perfection

Amy and Tony were our photographers for our engagement shoot, wedding and (because we couldn't get enough) our anniversary shoot. They are not only the most talented people in their line of work but they are also incredible human beings. Compassionate, kind, funny, extremely down to earth. Here is a message I wrote to them when I first saw my engagement photos:
    "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I am both speechless and screaming at the same time. First off, how you guys pull this out so fast is mind blowing. Second, I don’t even know how to describe how incredible the rest of these are!! As an avid follower of your blog I thought I knew what to expect, but no. I know I keep repeating myself but you two are truly the second best thing about this whole wedding experience, after marrying my husband, of course. Every shot is better than the last. You made us look so great, it is pretty surprising and incredible. Definitely the best we’ve ever looked in photos. I thought the one you initially posted would be “the best” but there is no best, I cannot choose. I don’t know what else to say other than that I cannot wait to see you guys again at our wedding!! If you are interested in hearing some comments from our friends and family they have been: “EPIC”, “SO you”, “SO New York,” and “the ice cream truck shot is so great!” “tender AF”

Sent on 11/10/2019

Kimberly · Married on 07/02/2017

Tony and Amy Hoffer are amazing. They’re amazing photographers but they’re also just amazing human beings. They’re super nice and down to earth, which is important when you’re spending entire days getting photographed by them for your engagement shoot or wedding day. It was difficult finding a photographer we liked - everyone’s photos just blended in together and we couldn’t tell the difference between anyone’s work…until we stumbled upon the Hoffers. Their work is unique, fun, and perfectly captures you in the moment. Once we booked the venue, the Hoffers were the first vendors we booked because it was all we really cared about. We’re going to have our wedding photos forever and we wanted to make sure we had the best.

Sent on 07/14/2017

ashley · Married on 05/27/2017

Our photos exceeded all our expectations! They captured the day perfectly. The pictures were interesting and cool but were still our style. The Hoffer's are literally the nicest people we know so hanging out with them all day was the best. Our pictures came back so quickly, it was so nice to get such fast delivery when you are still on a wedding day high. We also used their option of snapchat stories and had one of their associates Lindsay take over our social media and live document our day. It was priceless to wake up the next morning and relive our day in real time such a fun, new and "with the times" addition to our package. They were everywhere but no where to be seen and the pictures prove that. There is no one else I would trust capturing our day. Thank you Hoffers you killed it and we are forever thankful!!!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Trista · Married on 05/19/2017

Words cannot articulate how amazing the Hoffers are at what they do. They are fun, entertaining, professional, creative, relaxed, and not to mention damn good at their job of taking fantastic photos. My fiance and I have known from day 1 of dating that they needed to be the photographers at our wedding and they completely blew us away. The engagement photos and wedding photos completely captured who we are as individuals and who we are as a couple. There were a ton of candid shots of people at the wedding that just thrill me to no end that I have so many pictures of people enjoying themselves at our wedding! I cannot recommend Amy & Tony enough. If you're not using the Hoffers (any of their employees are amazing as well), then you are missing out.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Kimberly · Married on 04/22/2017

When I say that I have had an unhealthy obsession with the Hoffers' work I'm not kidding. I began following them back in 2008! As time went on, the photos kept getting better and better, and they were getting more and more popular: I was worried they would be out of the wedding business by the time I was ready to get married. Thankfully they were still doing what they do best and they were my first concern on the date was set. I was so happy when we booked them, because I knew that it was the best choice we could make. The one thing you leave you wedding with is your memories, everything else goes away and the photos help you hold onto those memories forever!
    The work that they do is absolutely amazing and unique. Which is crazy that they can find a way to make your photos unique for how many clients they have! To say I love my engagement and wedding photos is an understatement. I don't even know the right words! Amy and Tony work so well together, people keep telling me how they looked like they were having a great time while working. Which I think helps guests and the bridal party relax and get even better pictures. Everyone is in love with the photos!
    We also used version of a photo booth, the guest cam. It was amazing! After the wedding you get digital copies of all the photos taken. I was able to print those photos and include them in with my thank you cards!
    I know this review isn't doing them all the justice they deserve but I think I still have wedding brain. They are amazing and you need to book them!!!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Laura · Married on 09/30/2016

If 10 stars were an option, I would have selected that. The Hoffer Photography team is hands down the best in the business. Not only are all of their photographers incredibly talented, but they are also the most amazing people to work with! Talented, friendly, funny, and outrageously creative. The best of the best!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Gina · Married on 08/28/2016

Do yourself a favor and hire Tony and Amy Hoffer for your wedding photography. They do pictures in a beautiful, creative way and are willing to do what's needed to get amazing eshots. We only got to see a few preview pictures so far and we love them all! Cannot wait to see the rest!

Sent on 09/04/2016

Rebecca · Married on 07/01/2016

If I could, I would give Hoffer Photography 10 stars. They are so talented, great at capturing moments and making everything look real and not posed. Whatever type of photo shoot you hire them for, they'll make it a work of art. And to top it all off Tony & Amy are super nice and fun to work with.

Sent on 08/07/2016

Amanda · Married on 06/18/2016

We planned a destination wedding to Alaska. Seven day cruise with all of our friends and family. There were helicopters, glaciers, kayaking, and the wedding of our dreams. The best decisions of it all? Hiring the Hoffers. Seriously. Want to talk about flexibility? They joined us on the cruise and shot for 7 solid days, capturing a once in a lifetime trip with our closest loved ones. They also captured the bachelor/bachelorette party, formal night photos, as well as countless fun moments between everyone, all while fitting in perfectly with everyone. They're simply great people. The wedding day itself? They flew with us for wedding portraits on a glacier before we made our way to the little island church where we got married. Every moment was exquisitely taken. Each shot a work of art. I've received millions of compliments, but their work speaks for itself. Just check out their website and portfolio. You're not just seeing their highlight reel, that is the quality and level of expertise you can expect from all of your wedding photos. They're that good.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Basia · Married on 06/11/2016

If you are looking for those unique photos that will make all your friends and family jealous look no further and book the Hoffers now! My husband and I worked with the lead photographers, Tony and Amy and i have to say, they are THE BEST- you won't find better for your wedding day. The first thing we did when we were planning our wedding was to set a wedding date with Tony and Amy. We knew they filled up fast and wanted to have a date set with them before we set up anything else. In my eyes, all you need is the bride and groom and Hoffer Photography- everything else is secondary. The reason I say this is because they put so much creative thought into every picture; your photos will be unique, creative, gorgeous, top quality and will cause you to want to enlarge all of them to 40x40 and hang them up all over your house. Apart from the impeccable photos and service, Tony and Amy are very professional, extremely nice and fun! They are wonderful people and I don’t think you can ask for a better combo of superb work and awesome people! If I could hire them to follow me around to document all the important events in my life I would :) Book them NOW- you won’t regret it.

Sent on 02/19/2017

Danielle · Married on 03/26/2016

UPPP! - Unrelenting Pursuit of Photographic Perfection!

The Hoffer's are a rare combination of talent and personality that meld together like peanut butter and jelly. A synergy that immerses any situation involving people, pictures, and life with fun. Our initial encounter with the Hoffer's consisted of home made chocolate chip cookies washed down by a hoppy IPA. I can't think of a better first impression. We talked about photography, but more importantly, we chatted about life, pursuits of happiness, life stories, and of course the cool furniture Tony makes in his "spare" time. The quality of experience with them is unmatched and will surely be a lasting memory and mark on our engagement and wedding. We are thrilled to recommend Amy and Tony, as Hoffer Photography, to anyone that is looking for the most artistic and right-side brained photographers out there. If you are looking for professionals who pair true art with a continuous drive for perfection, the Hoffer's are # 1. If you are looking for an engaging photographic relationship to complement your devotion to a lifelong commitment, the Hoffer's are #1. If you are looking for any correlation of humans and pictures, yeah the Hoffer's are absolutely #1. Let's not forget their expedient, if not spastic delivery of our photos. Blog - 2 days. Proofs - 2 weeks. Album design - 2.5 weeks. You will not find a better set of talented artists matched to the work ethic of a 19th century industrial assembly line worker. We are enthralled with their services (and Farid!!) and look forward to new experiences with the Hoffer's by our side (Baby bumps anyone?) Thank you for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and for shooting our amazing moments, now suspended in time.

Sent on 04/20/2016
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 03/11/2016

Our entire wedding was planned around Hoffer Photography being there. Our first order of business when we got engaged was finding out their availability, and we booked everything else from there. Every expectation we had of Tony and Amy was far exceeded. From that very first meeting with them at their house, we knew it was the right fit. My husband didn’t understand why I was so adamant that we have the Hoffers, but after he met them, he got it. There’s definitely something to be said for enjoying your vendors as people, and Tony and Amy are great people that you’ll love to be around! On your wedding day they make you feel so comfortable and yourself, and that reflects in their product. They capture you - your expressions and emotions - in such a creative, beautiful and unique way. You can tell who we are as people in our photos. Nothing they do is cookie-cutter. Everything is catered to who you are. Hiring them was the best decision we made in our whole planning process. Not to mention we got two new friends in the deal! If you’re still not sure if they’re going to be the right photographers for you, my best advice is to just go meet them. Set up the introductory meeting, go to their house and eat delicious fresh baked cookies, and just talk to them. You’ll never look back.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Tony and Amy were absolutely fantastic to work with! They're so down to earth and we felt so comfortable around them. The quality of their work is exceptional and I would recommend them for any and all events!

Sent on 04/21/2016

Lauren · Married on 01/09/2016

Tony and Amy Hoffer are amazing! They are the most likable people to work with and we couldn't have been happier with both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. They did such a great job documenting our special day and capturing every moment. We have gotten so many complements on our pictures. They are definitely worth the money. Book them! You wont be disappointed.

Sent on 02/04/2016