Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley Reviews

89 | Lees Summit, MO

89 Reviews for Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley

Angie · Married on 03/16/2012

The Stanley is amazing and I would recommend them to ANYONE I know! Jennifer (co-owner) is an absolute doll to work with and her mom Cindy (co-owner) is precious as well. The space is absolutely beautiful and was transformed into the most romantic thing I have ever seen on the day of our wedding. Jennifer is so committed to making sure that the experience is personal and works hard to see that every detail matches your vision - actually, it was even better than I had envisioned!
    Front to back, I could not have wished for a better experience. Our wedding day was a dream come true! It truly could not have been better!

Sent on 06/01/2012

Sarah · Married on 03/10/2012

We are so happy that we chose to have our wedding at The Stanley - the venue is beautiful and I liked the location a lot I worked with Jennifer, and she was always very helpful and made the place look perfect. I was so excited when I arrived on my wedding day and saw how wonderful everything looked. All of our friends and family thought it was great too.

Sent on 03/27/2012

mary · event on: 03/03/2012

I would highly recommend the Stanley Event Space to anyone wanting to throw a great party!

Sent on 03/13/2012

Ella · Married on 12/16/2011

The Stanley was incredible. The owner was very nice, helped in any way she could. They went above & beyond what was expected. I felt like we made a new friend. We could not have picked a better place for my daughters wedding.

Sent on 12/19/2011

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. I loved the personalized cards you made at each place setting for the guests to leave words of wisdom. We enjoyed the journey with you and wish you and your family many blessings.

Emily · event on: 12/11/2011

I am SO happy that we went with The Stanley for our daughters' Birthday Party. Not only is the space beautiful but Cindy was so helpful throughout the process. They came up with ideas that never would have crossed my mind as far as set up and it all came together to make our party perfect!!!
    On the day of our event they were there to help with whatever we needed and went above and beyond our expectations.
    We would without a doubt use this space for any party we have in the future!!!!

Sent on 12/11/2011

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

Emily were delighted to host your party! Cutest Ballerina party I have ever seen! Thank you for your sweet comments. Cannot wait to see the pictures! Thanks again.
    Cindy King
    The Stanley

Kaitlin · Married on 11/11/2011

Cindy and Jen at the Stanley were two of the best wedding vendors I've ever worked with! They were extremely helpful to me during the whole planning process. They helped me pick napkins, and linens, and little details that seem impossible to decide on! We also had our rehearsal at the Stanley the night before and set up some of our decor. Jen was SO helpful and helped us set everything up. She even added a couple extra details I wouldn't have thought of like a hanging chandelier above our head table which was simply gorgeous and completed the room! The day of she was so nice, offering me wine and water before the ceremony, and took care of anything we needed. I recommend this venue to anyone I know!!! I work in the industry and go to many many weddings a year. These ladies are by far one of the most professional teams I have ever met! Not only are they professional but so nice and friendly, they will feel like a friend by the end of your wedding day! Not to mention the venue is so beautiful, which makes decorating a lot easier, so much character! I can't wait to see the new venue they are building when it is completed. I have no doubt it will be wonderful as well!!!

Sent on 08/16/2012

Brooke · Married on 10/08/2011

Cindy and Bryan at The Stanley were extremely accommodating, knowledgable and helpful in our wedding planning process. They provide you with the opportunity to meet with them as little, or as often, as you may need. You will get superior results, as we received nothing but compliments on our wedding day. As a perfectionist and event planner myself, I was comfortable in leaving details up to Cindy, and she delivered above and beyond everything I could have dreamed. Our guests were enamored with the space, decor, flow of the wedding/reception, and every additional aspect of our special day. We would highly recommend The Stanley for a wedding, reception or any special event. No matter the occasion, they will make it unforgettable!

Sent on 11/07/2011

bride · Married on 09/17/2011

This place is absolutely gorgeous! But most importantly the owners are amazing! They sincerely cared for us and our big day. Cindy went way beyond and exceeded any expectations we had. She didnt care about any 'contract', she cared about doing whatever it took to help make our day the most beautiful day ever. She made us feel like we were her only clients. What a special feeling. Book this venue. You will never regret it! Thank you Mr and Mrs King for everything. We will recommend you and your business to everybody!

Sent on 10/06/2011

Jennifer · Married on 09/16/2011

I would highly recommend this venue! Everything was gorgeous, the owners understood my requests and were extremely flexible and responsive. This a fantastic site for a wedding/reception for 125 guests or fewer or any other event. We received many, many compliments and I would love to use this space for any upcoming events I may host.

Sent on 09/18/2011

Mary · Married on 09/10/2011

The Stanley has it all ! It's very classy and elegant, and the owners are exceptionally accommodating to their brides and bridal parties. It is evident that they love what they do and are proud of their venue. Our recent wedding was such a pleasant experience from the initial meeting there clear through to the end of the wedding reception. I would highly recommend The Stanley.

Sent on 09/16/2011

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

Your family was wonderful to work with! Enjoyed our meetings from start to finish. Loved being a part of Carrie and Hoa's wedding and to see your beautiful daughter walk down the staircase. Sweet, sweet family! Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of it all! Such an honor!

Dalona · Married on 08/20/2011

All the staff at The Stanley were wonderful to work with. They were professional, friendly and knowledgeable. They went above and beyond to make my daughters wedding reception beautiful. The event center itself is absolutely gorgeous and felt very intimate. I will be recommending them over and over again. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/22/2011

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We were very happy to share in your special day with your daughter! Your e-mails, communication, and organization made my job very easy! Thank you for that! Thank you for your kind words and for choosing The Stanley to host your daughter's wedding reception!

Evan · Married on 08/12/2011

I absolutely LOVED having my wedding at The Stanley. When in the planning process, my husband and I knew that we wanted a small, intimate and elegant wedding. The Stanley provided just that and more! The atmosphere of The Stanley is so unique and intimate, the building is absolutely gorgeous and the staff are amazing to work with!

Sent on 08/30/2011

Linda · Married on 07/30/2011

OMG - I cannot say enough about the Stanley and Cindy and Brian. The venue is absolutely beautiful. Cindy is a doll - extremely professional, very reassuring "don't worry - let me worry about that - you just have a good time". I love the place - I love the people. The bartender was awesome. Everyone raved about the place. Absolutely beautiful, beautiful evening. Thank you so much guys for making our evening so very, very special.

Sent on 08/10/2011

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

It was our pleasure and we enjoyed all of your guests! You both were such a treat to work with. Thank you so much for choosing the Stanley to host your wedding. We know you could of chosen several places but felt honored that you choose us! Congrats!

Bri · Married on 07/23/2011

The venue itself is beautiful, and it made for a lovely ceremony and reception. Several of our guests commented on how nice the venue was, and they were right. The professional staff at The Stanley was always courteous and helpful, especially during the reception. By far the best thing about the venue, though, is Jennifer, the co-owner. She is extremely accommodating and will go out of her way to ensure that your wedding is fantastic.

Sent on 08/17/2011

Carol · Married on 07/16/2011

Cindy was always responsive and helpful with any questions we had. She went out of her way to make sure that she could accommodate any request that we had. The reception looked beautiful and we had so many compliments on how gorgeous the whole location was! The day of the event we could relax and enjoy the entire reception, dinner and dance, because Cindy was there to coordinate and work out all the details.

Sent on 07/18/2011

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

We enjoyed hosting Kim and Mike's reception and loved being a part of their Big day! You all were so gracious and easy to work with! When your guests do not want to leave then you know you acheived in having a successful reception! Thanks so much for taking the time to review us!

Kim · Married on 07/16/2011

I could not possible say enough about Cindy at The Stanley. From Day One of planning she was answering my questions and calming my nerves (she’s very good at both of those things). We met with her at least three to four times with different groups of family and answered lots of questions by e-mails (I was an out of town bride). They were amazing to work with over the course of our planning.

I gave Cindy the general idea for the wedding reception (understated elegance), but she really put it all together and had so many great ideas. She paid attention to all the little details. She left nothing unnoticed. She constantly addressed questions and took care of anything that came up. Leading up to the reception and the day of, she did a fantastic job coordinating with all the vendors.

The day of the wedding reception, I walked in and was blown away. It was beyond words and I was literally in tears over how beautiful everything was and how every detail had been taken care of. Every candle, flower, and decoration was in place. They had even surprised me by figuring out how to hang the lanterns that I wanted from the ceiling (thanks Brian)! The whole evening was breathtaking!

Cindy, thank you so much for making our wedding day an event to remember.

Sent on 10/02/2011

Janae' · Married on 06/05/2011

Daniel and I today are celebrating one month of being happily married. On June 5th of 2011 we were so very blessed to have a team of such amazing people ( Cindy and Brian King) putting our ceremony and reception together st The Stanley from beginning to the end.
    I don't even know where to begin to express all the help that Cindy was in the planning process. She has such an eye for decorating with incredible class and elegant style ( we used all of our decorations from their store Something Borrowed ) and so very good at being flexible to change something up...even at the last minute if needed.
    There was never a moment of delay when it came to hearing back from or connecting with the The team at the Stanley by phone, email or text message. The promptness was exceptional. The attention to detail was refreshing in a way because I saw that The Stanley was genuinely excited with us for our upcoming wedding, there fore our details became their details and to them there was never a moment to lose in making it happen.
    Never once did I question wether or not we were dealing with a professional business, but at the same time I was so comforted to know that The Stanley was so greatly invested in our wedding that I felt like if Cindy and Brian King were not already hosting our wedding with their venue, then I would have wanted to send them an invitation to be our guests!!
    I would recommend The Stanley to anyone who is planning an event that is indoors. You will not regret it! Thank you again to Brian and Cindy King for all of your hard work and heart that you put into our special day. Much love, Daniel and Janae'Nelson.
    Ps. I know that you may think at first that I was told to give five stars in every department, but no, I was not and The Stanley deserves every star and more.

Sent on 07/06/2011

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

Hosting your wedding at the Stanley was our pleasure! Your family and friends were most gracious! Thank you Janae and Daniel for allowing us to be a part of an important day in your lives! Many blessings!

Robin · Married on 05/27/2011

It was LOVE at first site...My future Daughter-in-law and I knew this was the perfect place for their wedding/reception the minute we walked in and we booked it right then ! The space was absolutely amazing having the loft feel they were looking for. Not only was the space great, the owners worked extremely hard to help make their wedding day very memorable. They helped with the decor, centerpieces and many other 'extra's that made the whole experience a day to remember.. As my Son and Daughter-in-law said, they had their dream wedding.. We received many compliments from the guests and we know they all had a great time. Special thanks to owners Brian, Cindy and Jennifer for all their hard work in making this day perfect in every way.. I highly recommend this event space to anyone for any occasion.. Thanks again for everything !

Sent on 06/16/2011

Dixie · Married on 03/26/2011

I would highly recommend The Stanley to everyone. I never saw two people work harder and trying to do everything the way you want it done. Extremely professional and friendly. A lovely space that has been restored beautifully. The entire space is spotlessly clean. They are totally committed to your event. Best business people I have ever dealt with. Our daughter's wedding and reception were perfect and our guests had wonderful things to say about Cindy and Bryan.

Sent on 03/28/2011

Andrea · Married on 03/26/2011

Cindy and her staff took care of our big day. While I was in the midst of planning the wedding, my goal was that when the big day arrived I could relax and enjoy it and not worry about everything. While I can't honestly say I was relaxed on the big day (it is just not my nature), I can say that Cindy and every one at the Stanley took care of things so I didn't have too. It took so much of the pressure off. I found that wedding venues are a lot like finding the right man, you just know it when you find it, and The Stanley Historic Event Space was "the one" for me and my husband. A big thank you to Cindy, her husband and her daughter, you are great at what you do. I highly recommend The Stanley not only to brides, but anyone looking for an event venue.

Sent on 05/03/2011

Mandy · Married on 03/14/2011

The Stanley Historic Event Space was perfect for my wedding reception. I got married on Maui on the 14th of March and had my reception on the 27th. I could not have been happier with Jennifer, pricing or amenities. Everything was better than I could have done myself. So much was included in one single price!

Sent on 03/31/2011

Janna · Married on 01/27/2011

The BEST VENUE around! First class service! First class owners! No details were left out when the VENUE was created! A gorgeous venue! This is a place that you can have a Wedding, Reception, Showers, Birthdays, Retirements, Family Reunions or any kind of gathering that you can think of. I have recommended The Stanley Historic Event Space to many people and will continue! You will definately have a memorable event at The Stanley Historic Event Space!

Sent on 04/08/2011

Cori · Married on 10/15/2016

You will never go wrong when choosing The Stanley. They make you day beyond your wildest dreams!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Cheryl · Married on 11/08/2013

I cannot express often and sincerely enough - The Aspen Room is a phenomenal event space! But more than that, Cindy King and her staff were flexible and helpful and understanding throughout our wedding/reception planning process. We had a short turnaround (less than five months) from booking the space until wedding date. It was painless! Cindy is organized and knows what you need to do and gave us some great vendor recommendations. Frankly, the cost is more than some venues and we had a tight budget - but we have absolutely no regrets and it was SO WORTH IT! Great memories! Our thanks to the King family - our new friends!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Tom · event on: 03/30/2012

Cindy and Brian were great to work with. From the initial planning through the actual event, they were very accomodating and flexible. They made me feel that my event was special, and they genuinely cared that it went well. Many of my guests commented on how nice the venue was, and how impressed they were with it. Thanks to Cindy and Brian, everything was in place, working, and looked great! Overall it was a wonderful event!

Sent on 04/05/2012