Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley Reviews

89 | Lees Summit, MO

89 Reviews for Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley

Rachel and Logan · Married on 10/05/2013

We just had our wedding at the new Stanley Aspen Room this last weekend and it was beyond perfect! Everyone talks about vendor nightmares and mishaps but we got through the entire ceremony and reception without a single snag! The entire team at the Stanley, especially Jennifer and Adam, were VERY helpful and made planning our wedding easy and enjoyable! I would recommend this venue for any couple who is looking to have a beautiful, elegant, and worry free wedding!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Holly · Married on 09/21/2013

We couldn't wait for the day to thank The Stanley staff for creating the most stunning, romantic, and beautiful wedding day for us! We were the very first couple to book in the brand new [absolutely charming + dreamy] Stanley Rooftop + Aspen Room for our fall wedding. I always knew I wanted a fall wedding and the minute we stepped into this venue I fell in love with the unique and authentic yet modern feel to The Stanley Aspen Room + Rooftop. It is breathtaking and gorgeous as it's nestled into the charming, historic downtown Lee's Summit, Missouri. Our wedding day was a true reflection of us as a couple and I give this to Cindy's passion for achieving a design that met our wedding vision and style. Our rooftop, sunset ceremony was so romantic and dreamy! All of the services, upscale amenities, event consultations, and the coordination with vendors that come with The Stanley Event Space make it the perfect wedding venue. It is a hidden gem! Although the space is absolutely stunning, the best part of The Stanley Aspen Room in the staff. Cindy was absolutely fabulous throughout the planning process. She treats every bride as if they are her only client at that time. She was organized, proactive, and most importantly, gracious. Upon arrival on that first day, to the day of our wedding when the last guest left, she and The Stanley Event Space staff left nothing out. The Stanley was perfect on arrival and the wedding surpassed all of my hopes and dreams. The attention they provide to each individual wedding is incredible. They have given the ever-so-rising wedding industry a run for their money. And while every bride might be biased with her choices, the compliments from my guests were affirmation that The Stanley Event Space is truly extraordinary. It is by far the most beautiful, stunning, and charming wedding venue in the Kansas City area.

Much love,
    Cole + Holly Prather

Sent on 10/17/2013

Ellen · Married on 09/14/2013

We were lucky enough to get married at the Aspen Room at the Stanley. The staff was absolutely amazing to work with. Cindy King made our dream day a reality. We had somewhat of an unusual wedding theme. we chose elegant goth. The space was absolutely stunning and the perfect setting for the big day. Cindy made herself available to us throughout the entire wedding planning period. We booked with them a year and half put from our wedding date and throughout it all I never once felt that our day was any less significant Than the wedding she may have been prepping for that following weekend. I can't express the true gratitude that my husband and myself have for The Stanley staff. The fact that that people are still talking about our wedding day and the venue three months later speaks for itself. Thanks again Cindy King and the Stanley staff for making our day an amazing and unforgetiful day.

Sent on 12/01/2013

Cindy and Brian were wonderful to work with! They responded quickly to emails/phone calls. I felt completely comfortable trusting them with our wedding day plans. We also received many compliments on their services and venue site after our wedding. Our reception turned out better than I has imagined. Thank you Cindy and Brian!

Sent on 10/19/2013

Julieanne · Married on 07/20/2013

Brian and Cindy King - we are absolutely thrilled and elated at how perfect our daughter Jenna's wedding day was at your venue, The Aspen Room at the Stanley. Everything, from the planning stages, to your staff, to your dedication and help, to the final dance - everything was exactly as it should have been for Jenna and Mitch. The rooftop setting, the beautiful reception room, the facilities, all have just the right touches. We sincerely and whole heartedly recommend The Aspen Room to anyone looking for simple elegance and professionalism. We thank you very much for all that you did, and congratulate you as well on a beautiful location and venue!

Best Wishes,
    Garry and Julieanne Hagedorn
    (Parents of the Bride)

Sent on 07/22/2013

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

Thank you SO much for taking the time to review us! We enjoyed working with you all and want to thank you for choosing our venue to host your daughter's ceremony and reception! Best Wishes to the Happy Couple - Mitch and Jenna!

Lauren · Married on 06/22/2013

Everyone at The Stanley is amazing and you will not regret having your event here. It is a wonderful venue along with amazing staff!!! I had an absolutely perfect wedding at the Stanley. If I was going to do it all over again, I would once again choose The Stanley because they really tried to make everything I ever dreamed of come true. The wedding was perfect. There were a couple of little issues the morning of the wedding that Caitlin took care of before I even knew about them. Cindy is one of the owners and I could have not asked for a more caring and wonderful person to help make my wedding perfect. You will not be disappointed if you choose this venue. It will meet all of your expectations and then some. This is a wonderful venue and it looks beautiful on its own, but looks amazing after the team works their magic. This is a wonderful place to hold any event.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! You are so sweet and kind! I LOVED working with you all! Wishing you nothing but the best life has to offer! Congrats you two!!!!

Allison · Married on 06/14/2013

Cindy (owner), Brian (co-owner), Adam (bartender) and all of the staff at the Stanley are absolutely spectacular! They go above and beyond to make every bride feel special and every event marvelous! We had so many of our guests come up to us and say they had an amazing time and that the wedding was wonderful. This was largely due to the efforts of Cindy and all of the staff. This is a beautiful space and they take it over the top! It has that perfect mix of eclectic charm and elegance. Cindy is a SAINT. She works tirelessly to make sure everything is perfect and that things go off without a hitch. She meets with you as many times as you want to get things worked out and put up with my constant indecisiveness. I can't say enough about this place! We are already trying to find more ways to hang out at the Stanley in the future! Much love and gratitude to the Stanley!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

Allison and Mike, You both were a joy to work with! Such a sweet family! I enjoyed meeting you and getting to know you! Thank you so much for the wonderful review and your sweet comments! We appreciate you very much! Many blessings to you both! Cindy K

Kayla · Married on 06/08/2013

The Stanley Event Space was a perfect choice for my husband and I. They are such attentive
    and personable people. They understood our vision and accommodated our 150+ guests with ease. Everyone was so impressed by the space and the attention to detail! The Stanley is a beautiful place and we are so thankful we chose The Stanley for our reception.

Sent on 01/07/2014

Danielle · Married on 10/05/2012

The Stanley is a beautiful place for a wedding. It was so nice to have everything all in the same venue. They work so quickly and efficiently to flip the room upstairs after the ceremony. Cindy was so easy to work with. Very accommodating. She had many helpful ideas for me. She was always readily available to answer any questions or to ease my concerns. All in all it made for a very stress free day on our wedding day. I honestly felt like I had absolutely nothing to worry about...and I didn't. Everything was perfect. I also want to mention our wonderful bartender. He did an amazing job keeping up with our group! He was very friendly and there was rarely a wait at the bar. Would most certainly recommend The Stanley to anyone, for any event. And I would use them again any day!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Kim · Married on 09/02/2012

I used the Stanley for my wedding reception in September and I couldn't have made a better choice! When booking the Stanley, we knew that the venue was gorgeous, what we didn't know was the level of personal attention and above and beyond service that Cindy and her colleagues would provide. During the wedding planning, Cindy was extremely helpful offering suggestions only a person with her experience and expertise could provide. Being a busy bride trying to wade through a mountain of options I found this very valuable. I also found Cindy to be very flexible, professional and readily available. The day of the wedding, I could not have been more impressed with how beautiful the venue looked. No detail had been overlooked. Cindy and her crew even went out of their way to accommodate a few of my last minute requests. I had so many compliments on the choice and decor of the venue. I highly recommend the Stanley and can say with confidence that it will be one of the best aspects of your wedding planning and special day!

Sent on 12/05/2012

Nikki · Married on 08/18/2012

When I walked into The Stanley I knew we had found a venue! Every person affiliated with this venue was fabulous..so refreshing to work with a group of people who truly know how to make dreams come true! You can tell they take pride in their venue and that in itself is what you want to look for in a venue. All the details that come with the venue and their Something Borrowed website made things easier with planning. I highly recommend this venue over any other in the Kansas City area. You will NOT be disappointed. Thank you to Cindy, Brian and the rest of The Stanley family...You made our wedding dreams come true <3

Sent on 09/06/2012

Shelley · Married on 08/11/2012

This is the place to have a perfect, wedding & reception! Cindy & Bryan (owners) went out of their way to do eveything they were asked to do and alot they were not. The venue is elegant, beautiful and loaded with personality not found in any reception space in Kansas City. The guests were very impressed, and having Cindy there as event coordinator was priceless. I am the MOB/wedding planner and could not have been more thrilled. I actually enjoyed myself without stress! My daughter and husband are also thrilled & loved the entire evening. Can not recommend this place enough & the new building will be even better if that is posssible. Many, many thanks to both Cindy & Bryan.

Sent on 08/16/2012

Amelia · Married on 07/14/2012

Cindy King was absolutely amazing! She was available every step of the way and helped make our wedding exactly as we had dreamed it :) I would highly recommend The Stanley for any occasion, especially weddings, not only for its vintage charm, but its exquisite service!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

So Sweet! Thank you Amelia! I really enjoyed working with you and your Mother! Such a sweet family! Thank you for trusting us with such an important day! Glad to have been a part of your Wedding! Blessings!

Ellen · Married on 06/30/2012

June 30, 2012...the best day of our lives! As we entered The Stanley that evening for our wedding reception we were absolutely AMAZED at what Cindy, Bryan and Jennifer had created! The rustic elegant style that we liked had come to life and was even better than we could have ever imagined it to be. Cindy, Bryan and Jennifer were amazing to work with!! Cindy met with us on multiple occasions and we completely trusted her vision for our big day. We leaned on her for a lot when it came to planning. Anything that we needed she was able to provide suggestions for! I would recommend The Stanley to anyone who is looking for a rustic and elegant place to hold any event!! You will receive impeccable service and leave feeling as if you were treated like family!! We could not have imagined our wedding reception at any other venue!! It was an absolutely PERFECT day :) Thank you Cindy, Bryan and Jennifer!

~Mr. & Mrs. Small

Sent on 09/01/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/23/2012

Everything was perfect! The minute I walked in to the event space I knew it was what I wanted. Everyone there was wonderful and worked so well with my other vendors to the point that I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day, even though some last minute adjustments were needed due to our large guest count. They took care of everything. It's been a month since our wedding and our friends and family still comment on how wonderful it was.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

Thank you Amanda. We enjoyed working with you and Ian and your family. Thank you for chosing the Stanley! You were a radiant bride and I look forward to seeing pics soon!

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2012

We had a wonderful wedding at The Stanley! Jennifer was so sweet to work with and so helpful. If I was stressing out or getting worried about something, she assured me it would all be wonderful, and it was! I always felt stress free and relaxed after talking to her.
    Planning went great and was a breeze. And everything was so beautiful. They did an amazing job setting everything up and at the end of the night took everything down for us and left me and my family with nothing to worry about other than having an amazing time!
    The entire staff was super helpful and sweet! They actually ran out during dinner and bought cake plates and forks for us because we had totally forgot about it!
    They provide you with beautiful linens and chairs and lighting and a bridal suit. We had our ceremony at The Stanley too and it was beautiful. And once again they took care of making sure everything went perfectly and smoothly with transitioning from one thing to the next! We received countless compliments on how beautiful the space was and how nice of a wedding and reception was. I would highly recommend The Stanley to any bride, or anyone looking for a space to have an event!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Debra · Married on 05/13/2012

The Stanley is lovely place for a wedding and reception. It feels very intimate. The walls, floor, and ceiling are fantastic; very littel additional decorating is required. My daughter had her ceremony and reception here last weekend and was extremely pleased.

Sent on 05/17/2012

Sarah · Married on 05/05/2012

I cannot say enough great things about The Stanley and co-owner Cindy. I had my reception there and I was blown away to say the least!!! Even before the event Cindy was awesome!! She met with me several different times to go over all the details and she was very easy to reach. She goes above and beyond for her clients. About the space, gorgeous!! So much you can do with it and comes with so many extras. Would recommend this space to any bride. I have zero regrets and hope to have another event there again soon.

Sent on 05/06/2012

Marta · Married on 04/28/2012

Staff helped us plan and coordinate all details of wedding/reception. Responded promptly to all questions/requests. My daughter and I felt we were "in good hands" every step of the way. Beautiful venue; terrific people to work with. Would highly recommend The Stanley for any special event.

Sent on 05/04/2012

Catie · Married on 04/28/2012

Cindy at the Stanley could not have been more helpful. She sat down with my mother and I several times before the wedding to go over all of the details. The night of the wedding my vendor did not bring water or tea with dinner. I didn't even know about this until after the fact. Cindy took care of everything! She went out of her way to make sure that my night was perfect. Not only is the customer service amazing but the space itself is beautiful. It's very elegant, yet affordable. My guests couldn't stop talking about how great it was. I would recommend the Stanley 100%.

Sent on 05/05/2012

Michelle · event on: 04/15/2012

The Stanley was an amazing venue for my daughter's bridal shower! It surpassed all our expectations and was the perfect beginning to the countdown of her wedding day:) The natural beauty of the chandeliers, brick walls and wood floors were enhanced with blue lighting that tied in perfectly with the linens and pewter lanterns from Something Borrowed. Cindy King, is amazing to work with she knew exactly what my daughter's style was and along with my best girlfriends created an unforgettable day!! From the moment I first met Cindy, I knew she would make my mother of the bride experience easier and more enjoyable because she is completely professional, totally reliable and most importantly my daughter and I just love her!!! Thank you Cindy & Brian for a wonderful day!

Sent on 04/20/2012

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet, thoughtful review! I loved working with you and your friends on Courtney's shower! I know the wedding will be amazing and everything will be perfect. We are here if you ever need us for any other event! What a charming family I have gotten to know over the past year. Such a pleasure to always meet and talk with you.

Courtney · event on: 04/15/2012

Having the opportunity with work with Cindy King and use the Stanley Event Space is more than a dream come true for a bridal shower. The Stanley is an absolutely beautiful space. I love the brick walls and gorgeous wood floors. Cindy is amazing to work with and her taste is flawless. She worked with the women helping plan my shower and the result blew me away. Everything from the centerpieces to the lighting was done beautifully and I could not have been more amazed by how wonderful everything came together. I will certainly use the Stanley and Cindy's wonderful services in future and would highly recommend her if you want a space that makes for a beautiful event and a planner that is such a joy to work with!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Historic Space & Aspen Room at the Stanley's reply:

It was our pleasure to help create the intimate atmosphere at your shower! I have loved working with you and your Mother and think the world of you both! Such sweet, sincere people. I know your wedding will be beautiful and a dream come true for you! Thank you Courtney for your sweet, thoughful comments.

Stephanie · Married on 03/31/2012

The Stanley is an amazing venue!

Cindy and Bryan were such great people to work with during the entire wedding process. From the minute I stepped into the Stanley for the first time I knew it would be the place I got married. The beauty of the venue and the welcoming spirit Cindy has were the deciding factors. Cindy was on top of everything and made sure every thing I wanted was made possible and perfect! She made sure the look/venue was perfect, that everyone got where they needed to be when they needed to be there, and she even made sure I had plenty of water throughout the day! (Which I probably would have forgot if it wasn't for her!!)
    It's the small things they did that meant the most!
    My husband wanted a beer they don't normally provide but Bryan made it happen which made Drew super happy!

Thank you both so much! You both were a major part in our day being the perfect day it was!

Thank You Thank You Thank You is all there is to say!

Sent on 04/08/2012
  • User2369964 · event on: 03/25/2012

Cindy, your staff was so helpful in helping to rearrange tables to make room for the cupcakes and guestbook. What ever we needed you were right there to assist. I appreciate the fact that you allowed us to come in 30mins earlier than the contract since you were there setting up, so that we could set up. The room, tables with linens and all the decorations were beautiful, making my Mom's 80th Birthday a memorable event. Everyone thought the venue was beautiful with the lighting and historic decor. Most of guests never knew you were there and thought it was an amazing venue and an exceptional service you provide. Even when our computer equipment didn't hook up to yours for the video, it was quickly fixed. Thank you so much!

Sent on 04/06/2012

Sandy · Married on 03/24/2012

Beautiful venue / private off street parking for guests in a great location. The Stanley throws in MANY money saving extras that most venues don't (chivari chairs, linens etc... Cindy - the owner is wonderful to work with.

Sent on 03/26/2012