Historic Rice Mill Reviews

Historic Rice Mill 7
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 01/19/2019

Beautiful!

I loved pretty much everything about the Rice Mill. There are gorgeous views outside of the water which is particularly pretty for a sunset ceremony. The inside is full of historic charm and not a lot of extra decor is needed. They work with a wonderful caterer and have a lot of thing provided in house, so it really is a great deal! Jenna was great to work with!

Parents of Paige · Married on 05/19/2018

So happy with Jenna and HRM. She took great care of the bride and groom and the event was perfect. Food was outstanding!

Carmelina · Married on 04/28/2018

We are so happy we chose the Historic Rice Mill as our venue! We were specifically looking for a place with outdoor space with historic charm (ideally downtown) and the Rice Mill filled all of those categories. We only had our reception here and we hired Eve as our event coordinator; she handled our menu, all of our rentals, and of course, day-of management. It was nice to work with her since she knew the event space extremely well and could direct us regarding different arrangements, event flow, etc. Our event had full seating for 130 people and food was served at stations. The menu is selected a-la-carte, and we initially had trouble figuring out what would be included in the set-price, but Eve worked us through it and explained that we should pick what we wanted, and then we could adjust based on our budget. As a local bride, Eve let me stop by during set-up for other weddings so that I could see different arrangements which was really helpful for decor ideas. The reception ran perfectly and it absolutely confirmed our choice to have Eve coordinate - there were no issues and she took care of us the entire night! I especially appreciated that she made sure that we ate by getting us dishes from each station! Speaking of food, it was delicious! Prior to the tasting I was worried that the portions wouldn't be large enough but I was very wrong, there was plenty of food and it was amazing - I highly recommend the mac n cheese station and the make-your-own ice cream sandwiches! Crowd favorites! Wish we could do it again!

Monica · Married on 04/26/2018

We worked with Jenna from the Good Food Catering company when using the historic rice mill as our wedding venue. She was absolutely wonderful and did a great job as a day of coordinator. I would highly recommend Jenna and the historic rice mill for future weddings. She was very accommodating for all of our requests and ensured the wedding ran smoothly and on time. The staff at the historic rice mill also did a great job. The setup was perfect and completed in a timely manner. My wedding was perfect, thank to the historic rice mill venue and Jenna Tito :)

Christine · Married on 04/21/2018

I had my wedding reception at the Rice Mill with Jenna Tito as my coordinator and I could not imagine a better night or more accommodating planner or staff. The food from Good Food catering was a hit and each and every request I had went off phenomenally. Jenna and the staff made all my wedding visions come to life seeming so effortlessly. Jenna went above and beyond with each and every question I had the entire year that I was engaged and planning my reception at the Rice Mill. She coordinated with other vendors, had the greatest connections and recommendations, and even coordinated all of my rentals (lighting, linens, etc.). My favorite part was that Jenna and the staff took the time to surprise my husband and I with a white table cloth dinner set up by ourselves to give us a special time to enjoy each other away from the crowd and have our first meal as husband and wife and this actually allowed us to eat at our reception. All the guests and the wedding party had such a great evening that we even extended the reception. This staff and venue is phenomenal and any event that you could have here, I would highly recommend.

Jennifer · Married on 03/03/2018

The Rice Mill is a beautiful, romantic, unique venue that was perfect for our wedding!! We had a sit-down dinner for about 185 people and we used both the indoor and outdoor space! The food was declious as well! I had the pleasure of working with both Jenna and Eve and they were both so kind, super helpful, and extremely knowledgeable! They made the whole planning process really easy! Overall, it was a fantastic venue that helped make our wedding a truly magical day for us!!

Daniel · Married on 02/24/2018

The Historic Rice Mill, Good Food Catering, and our INCREDIBLE day-of coordinator Eve were all perfection from start to finish. The venue is gorgeous, the food delicious, and the service exemplary. We were a bit clueless walking into our wedding planning and Eve was patient, communicative, and accommodating throughout the process. It's a bit of an undersell to call Eve our "day-of coordinator" because she was active and helpful from the day we called about viewing the venue all the way to after the wedding. Her creativity, warmth, and solution-focused attitude helped us create the perfect wedding day and to feel supported throughout the process. This venue is beautiful and incredibly charming - you won't have to do much to it. And the food is to die for. We did buffet and had 100 guests...there was more than enough space for everyone to sit. We embraced the low country cuisine and our guests were in awe of how tasty it all was. All in all, our wedding was such a wonderful experience. Our guests raved about it from start to finish and we were able to enjoy it ourselves. Eve, the Rice Mill, and Good Food Catering made it easy to create a personalized wedding day that left everyone feeling that they had experienced something special. I can't stay enough about how highly we recommend them!

Maggie · Married on 02/18/2018

Eve and the staff at Good food Catering helped to make our wedding not only perfect for my husband and I, but an event our guests will remember. As if the building and location weren't fantastic enough, the food is to die for. 100% worth every penny, so glad we went with the Rice Mill as our venue/caterer.

Amy · Married on 09/10/2017

The Historic Rice Mill is a magical location for a wedding. We originally booked the venue for our wedding scheduled Sunday 10th of September. However as this was the weekend hurricane Irma had decided to head towards Charleston, we ended up bringing our wedding forward by a day and hosting our welcome party at the HRM instead on the Friday before.

As a destination wedding party we’d only been able to see the venue from the website, and as soon as we did we knew it was the right place for us. Throughout the planning process I communicated with Jenna, the lead sales manager, a lovely person who was very professional and patient in answering all my questions! When we went for our first (and only) visit to the venue for a menu tasting we were blown away! The food alone is so amazing that it would be worth renting the venue! Seeing the venue in person just reaffirmed that we’d made the right choice, it’s such a beautiful space with all the historic architectural details and commanding views over the water.

During the stressful time of reorganizing our wedding in the wake of the hurricane Jenna was a true star. She went above and beyond to help us salvage as much of our wedding as possible, tirelessly communicating and coordinating with our vendors. She was absolutely amazing, calm, professional and supportive throughout the entire process. We ended up having a beautiful welcome party!

I highly recommend the Historic Rice Mill and Good Food Catering for any event you might be planning in Charleston. The venue is amazing, the food is delicious and the professional staff make all the difference.

Historic Rice Mill 8
    Historic Rice Mill 14
    Historic Rice Mill 15
    Historic Rice Mill 16

Terry · Married on 08/21/2017

The venue was exquisite, especially to see the total eclipse of the sun on August 21, our wedding date. Jenna was FANTASTIC, we couldn't have had a better experience. She was always responsive, shared good ideas on decor, vendor options and had a calm about her that made me feel confident. I am from Toronto so I relied on her for early deliveries, long distance coordination, and meetings. She understood our vision and helped execute it into reality.
    Good Food Catering was excellent, the only dish we didn't love was the fish. The appys, the filet, and the chicken were outstanding! The ambiance was complimented by the eclipse and we had transformed this quaint old historic building into a romantic paradise. The team was also very accommodating; when we moved up the guest arrival time and opened the bar, it was not a problem. When we extended the wedding an hour the night of, it was not a problem. I would highly recommend this venue and team to help make your wedding day one of your best ever memories. Thank you to Jenna and the team for all your help.

Historic Rice Mill 17
    Historic Rice Mill 23
    Historic Rice Mill 24
    Historic Rice Mill 25

Kathy · Married on 06/10/2017

We booked the Historic Rice Mill for our son's rehearsal dinner and welcome party. We hosted 125 guests and every single guest raved about the gorgeous venue, the food, and the attentive service. Jenna (the event coordinator) answered every single question that I had in a timely manner and was incredibly patient and helpful when decisions needed to be made. She advised us wisely in the event set-up and timeline so that our bride and groom could enjoy a relaxed but fun evening with their friends and family. She checked in throughout our event and her staff was amazingly friendly and attentive. The stations she suggested were FANTASTIC and all of our guests enjoyed each and every one. The Oyster Roast on the patio was a hit!!! I rated the value aspect only slightly lower because I think that the venue costs and prices are right in line with other Charleston wedding venues. There is no extra charge however for the beautiful view and sunsets!! And for our particular evening, that was priceless!

Meghan · Married on 05/06/2017

The Rice Mill is SO beautiful and Jenna was so great to work with. They can basically do anything you want with food! And the food is so so good. Our guests are still raving about it! They are very flexible with everything and just want to make your dream day come true. I cannot recommend the venue highly enough!

Kaitlyn · Married on 03/03/2017

Everything about The Historic Rice Mill was perfect!! The location was stunning, the staff was so friendly and attentive, and the food was absolutely delicious. Jenna was our wedding coordinator and we couldn't have asked for a more seamless experience. Our wedding was a destination wedding and because of Jenna's expertise and dedication it made the whole event flawless. She was extremely responsive and helpful with each question we had leading up to our big day and made sure everything was perfect day of. She set everything up beautifully, made sure we were fed and drinking (which we now understand how hard that can be) and even suggested switching our timeline up as the night progressed to make everything feel natural and maximize our time on the dance floor! We cannot say enough good things about Jenna and The Historic Rice Mill!

Kacie · Married on 02/04/2017

Eve was great to work with! Everyone loved the venue and the food was great! Can't say enough good things.

Kathleen · Married on 01/22/2017

My reception was at the Rice Mill, first word amazing! We wanted the Charleston feel for our guests, as most were out of town guests, they are still raving about the wedding. Jenna is the best! I worked with her from day 1 and she made the planning experience so simple. I truly had no stress or worries going into my wedding weekend! Jenna was also my day of planner, I owe her the world, she was amazing!

Katie · Married on 12/17/2016

The Rice Mill is so beautiful, and it is great for pictures! It is big enough for about 200 people with great space outside. When decorated it is stunning!

Crystal · Married on 11/26/2016

I couldn't have imagined a more perfect venue and wedding. I have received tons of compliments since too; everyone loved it!

• Virginia

Virginia · Married on 11/20/2016

This venue is PERFECT! We had a smaller wedding with about 75 guests which ended being the perfect size for the venue. We had our wedding on the outside dock at 3:30 p.m. and the sun was just started to go down towards the end of our ceremony which made for some beautiful lighting. We loved taking our pictures on the docks in front of the Rice Mill! The inside reception space was nice for dancing and eating! Jenna helped answer all of our questions along the way and made the whole process a breeze! Thank you, Historic Rice Mill!!

Brecken · Married on 11/12/2016

Jenna at the Rice Mill was amazing! She helped with all of our catering and rental needs and helped us have the best day of our lives! It also helps that this is one of the most beautiful venues in Charleston!!

Alexa · Married on 10/23/2016

The Historic Rice Mill and Eve with Good Food Catering did their absolute best to make sure our wedding was everything we wanted it to be. Seriously the BEST food, smooth coordination and flow of our day, and great (fast) communication throughout the planning process. Eve made planning from out of town so easy. She also arranged all of our rentals, gave very straightforward and helpful advice, and even stayed super late after a wedding the night before mine to set everything up for our morning ceremony. Could not recommend Eve and the Rice MIll enough!!

Caroline · Married on 10/15/2016

I had a good feeling about the Rice Mill before our venue tours even kicked off, so it felt totally right when they emerged as the obvious frontrunner. We were working with a relatively modest budget and without question Rice Mill had far more to offer in terms of beauty and wow-factor than other venues in the same price range. Jenna and her team were fantastic to work with and all their help and guidance throughout the process was invaluable. The event itself went off without a hitch just a week after Hurricane Matthew. The Rice Mill Staff and Good Food Catering (their in house catering company) took such care to make it a beautiful event. Strongly recommended!

• Charlotte · Married on 10/14/2016

Spectacular venue for rehearsal dinner. Plenty of room to handle 150 people. Eve, our coordinator, along with all of the staff made it a night to remember.

Laura · Married on 09/03/2016

Our wedding was beautiful here!! Not only was the setting beautiful, but the staff from the servers to the bartenders, to our wedding coordinator Jenna were all amazing. The food was fabulous! They made our day wonderful!

Amanda · Married on 07/04/2016

Consider the number of guests and utilize the space wisely. Prepare for inclement weather. Hire a wedding planner and/or coordinator. Do as much as possible as far in advance as possible.