79 Reviews for Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort

Accommodations (8)
Indoor (6)
Covered Outdoor (5)
79 Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort Reviews

Historic Mankin Mansion was an absolute dream. Not only is the venue gorgeous rain or shine but the time and effort that goes into helping plan your day was extremely helpful. I loved working with there team(especially Katie, our planner)! It was bit more expensive then we were planning but in the end totally worth it! Couldn’t recommend it more!!

Profile Picture Sabrina , 6/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning

Historic Mankin Mansion is the whole package. In addition to being the most stunning property I’ve ever witnessed, their team is knowledgable, experienced, and always ready to help a bride in need. Booking with HMM was truly the best decision we made in our whole wedding planning process. We not only got access to all of the beautiful grounds, but we were provided with a planner, DJ, and table and chair rentals included. (This is among all of the additional add-ons for upgrades—we did the fire pits, which were awesome!)

I know the HMM team deals with multiple weddings at one time and even multiple per weekend, but my now-husband and I always felt like VIPs from our very first meeting. There’s nothing like being greeted with a glass of red wine to plan a wedding after a long day at work!

The wedding day itself went off without a hitch as far as I know. If something didn’t go as planned, I was and am blissfully unaware because everything ran so smoothly. The staff was extremely accommodating to our crazy family of Western New Yorkers and Salvadorans, and I’ve heard from multiple guests (both in English and Spanish!) that they felt like they were at home during our wedding. Kudos to the Mankin team and especially to Paula and Martin Ramirez—they have done a magnificent job with the property and their commitment to excellence is evident in everything that they do.

My husband and I are so grateful for all of the hard work that went into our wedding, and we feel as if we are a part of the HMM family. Thank you for all that you’ve done for us—we are so very appreciative of it!

PS - I wish I could put up more pictures to show off how gorgeous it is, but there's a 10MB max and most of ours are larger. Just check out their website for all the beauty!

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/25/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Covered Outdoor, Indoor

The team and space at the mankin mansion are top notch. This venue is a hidden gem! Katie & Anna were soo helpful throughout the process, very responsive, flexible, and very accommodating. Our guests could not stop raving about how awesome the venue was. With all the different architecture, pristine landscaping, and lighting/decor there is no shortage of wow factor here. We had planned to have our ceremony outside but due to chilly temperature we moved inside and we couldn't have been happier with the beautiful second site.

Profile Picture Briana, 11/12/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning

Historic Mankin Mansion was the best decision we could have ever made for a venue. From the start to finish they were prompt, professional, and so very kind. Katie was WONDERFUL. She made everything so smooth, and the amount of detail to the venue was amazing. She also saved the evening when my husband ripped my dress and was right behind with a paperclip to fix the issue. Words cannot describe how beautiful the venue is with the lights and landscape. Also, Eric, our DJ was excellent. Kept the crowd entertained all night.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful venue from start to finish. Mankin provided everything but the catering and the flowers. From the wedding coordinator to the DJ, everything was top notch and allowed for a seamless, enjoyable and memorable event. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Sheron, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor
3.4

We lived 3 hours away from the venue, so communication was challenging in the months leading up to the wedding. There was a miscommunication about expenses that were and were not included, so ask LOTS of questions! But, the day of planning services were great.

Profile Picture Crystal, 6/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not be more happy with Mankin Mansion!! Not only is the venue beautiful which makes for a great wedding, but the staff goes above and beyond to make the wedding experience memorable. Our wedding planner (Katie) walked us through the whole planning process and was there on the day to make sure everything went as planned. Such a great experience!

Profile Picture Jenny, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning

My fiancé and I had the perfect wedding at this venue in May. We utilized the overnight package and our family and friends fell in love with this venue as well. The venue offers so much and is truest unique!! Katie and the planning team made our day perfect and Katie was so responsive, organized and guides you through the entire stressful wedding planning experience. There was nothing I would change about our wedding, I only wish that we could relive that perfect day over and over!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning

This was the absolute best wedding venue of all time. The space is magical and romantic. The staff is stupendous. KATIE is literally a goddess. She is so good at what she does multiple people commented on her. The DJ here rocked so hard everyone loved him. They will go out of their way to make your day perfect and wonderful. This place maybe slightly more pricy than others but I cannot stress enough how worth it it is. This place is a gem, truly.

Profile Picture kat, 5/6/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Indoor

My husband and I got married at Historic Mankin Mansion this past April and it was hands down the best day of our lives. Everything was so wonderful with the help of the Mankin Mansion staff and our planner which was provided through the venue, Katie. We had several meetings with Katie before the big day and she did a great job of communicating with me when I had questions in a timely manner. She also did a great job communicating with my other vendors and confirming all of the details so I didn't have to worry about it. Because of the Mankin Mansion staff, I truly had nothing to worry about on my wedding day other then focusing on having the best day with friends, family, and of course my husband. Our whole wedding party and immediate family also stayed at the mansion the night of our wedding and I am so glad we made the decision to do so. All of the accommodations were fabulous and I have heard so many positive comments from our wedding party. We also had breakfast at the mansion the next morning and it was delicious and a great way to end our experience. This is such a lovely venue with really great staff- I would not change a thing if I could do it all over again. Highly, highly recommended!

Profile Picture Carter, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning

Historic Mankin Mansion is a brides dream come true. You are able to have ceremony and reception on site. The best thing Mankin Mansion has to offer was a back up plan or "plan b" if you were planning an outdoor ceremony in the gardens and in the event of inclement weather, had to move inside. The Gallery on the property is absolutely gorgeous. It is romantic, a perfect mix of rustic old with modern, clean, and new. When my wedding day came finally came around it was the fluke freezing cold temperatures and late winter blizzard that forced us to move inside. All of my guests raved about its beauty and it felt warm, cozy and intimate. We had our cocktail hour on the greens/gardens and with the help of some patio heaters, guests were comfortable. Again, many choices for guests to be comfortable were available as they could be outside, inside in the main Rockefeller room, or venture into the heated tent. The reception tent is spacious and has many beautiful chandeliers that bring a warm glow to the space. Really, everything about Mankin Mansion is impressive. The well manicured lawns, the new renovated cottages, the bridal suite and game room, all so wonderful. We had the privilege of working with Katie as our wedding coordinator. In one word, working with Katie is amazing. She was always positive, detailed, thorough with getting and receiving information, always open to suggestions and gave many suggestions back, and always had a smile on her face. Her and her team on my wedding day were fantastic. They kept us on time and on schedule to make things go smoothly. I can not say enough good things about Katie and everything that make Mankin Mansion what it is. It is evident that their desire to deliver high quality service for events is important and their mission.

Profile Picture User7291456, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning

We got married on September 14, 2013 at Historic Mankin Mansion. I am beyond words of how perfect everything was! This venue is all around perfect, wonderful, stress free, and full of love! When we booked Mankin Mansion about a year and half out, Martin asked me what was the one thing I wanted most out of my wedding, I replied with to marry my best friend and be stress- free. The Mansion staff made sure to make that happen. For a bride to not be stressed out the day of her wedding... that right there says ALOT.

Being able to have the grounds all weekend was so convenient. I didn't have to worry about any of the bridal party being late or getting lost. Being able to completely turn the grounds into your own, was wonderful. From being able to choose music to simply having a romantic setting set up the night you become husband and wife.

The planning team is amazing! Kate was my planner, who was absolutely the best. She had everything together and flowing perfect. There was not one thing that went wrong. Waking up and seeing your wedding actually come together is the best part. Knowing all you have to do is laugh, smile, and relax with your bridesmaids the day of was such a feeling of relief. When one of my venders was late, Kate knew something was wrong and was on top of it right away. Again, the staff at Mankin Mansion does anything in their power to put on your Special day without a hiccup! I think they even have something worked out to get the weather absolutely PERFECT for your special day!

Almost two months later and I am still getting SO many compliments on how beautiful and perfect our wedding was!! All my friends keep raving about how I set the bar so high, and just how fun everything was. Music, lights, flow of events, and the rooms are beautiful! Thank you so much for making my dream wedding come true and forever looking back on the day and just smiling! PERFECT!

Profile Picture Sara, 1/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at HMM on New Years Eve. From the first time I contacted them to the wedding, (and since the wedding!) the staff of the Mansion has been exceptional. Despite going through two transitions with different coordinators, staff were always responsive and helpful. Katie made sure that all of my questions were answered and day of I was completely calm because I knew everything was taken care of Martin, Paula, Katie, and the rest of the staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we wanted and needed for our day.

We got married in the newly renovated gallery, which was breathtaking. our ceremony required no extra decorations. The grounds and main house are also stunning. We are still getting compliments on the venue from our guests. My husband and his groomsmen loved the game room for getting ready.

The Mansion was the perfect place to have our wedding, from the atmosphere and decor to the amazing staff. I would recommend to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 12/31/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not say enough positive about Mankin Mansion!! We had the most perfect wedding here and it would not have been possible without Katie and the staff. DJ Martin was the BEST and kept the guests on the dance floor and having a great time. The day-of was so organized and we received multiple compliments on how well organized and smooth the whole day was from start to finish. If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing.

Profile Picture anne, 12/3/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Event Planning
4.2

We had our ceremony and reception at the Historic Mankin Mansion and loved how everything turned out! We picked this venue for many reasons including a top notch DJ, a beautiful setting that didn't need a ton of decorations/embellishments, separate space options for the ceremony and reception, an included day-of coordinator, an experienced event team, and a TON of included rentals (like chairs, tables, A/V, tent, dance floor, etc). The price originally made us hesitate, but by the time we factored in all the things that were included, we realized it was a great choice! We met with our planner, Katie, a couple times leading up to the wedding and she helped us stay on track with wedding "to-dos". The most beneficial meeting was the final walk through the week of the wedding - you bring all your decor and that way you can totally unload all your mental notes about where you want things, how you want things displayed, etc. You also sit down and talk through every detail of the rehearsal and wedding day. For us, that meeting was Tuesday before our Saturday wedding and helped me let go of a lot of wedding stress knowing Katie was now handling all that. Katie also did a great job the day of. She kept our timeline on track without making the day feel rushed or strained, which I'm sure is a hard job! Our DJ, Martin, was phenomenal. He read the crowd perfectly and everyone keeps raving about how awesome the music was. We had a packed dance floor all night! I would absolutely recommend having your wedding at the Historic Mankin Mansion. Planning a wedding is a wonderful, but unbelievably stressful process. Knowing that we could lean on their tried and true expertise and knowing that they wouldn't let us miss something, was a huge asset.

Profile Picture Julie, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor

I can not possibly say enough amazing things about this property. From the moment we visited the property we knew it was the perfect venue for our special day. My husband and I were planning our wedding from Miami and the entire team went above and beyond to make sure every detail of the day was taken care. They responded to emails quickly, thought about every single detail of the day, asked tons of questions to make sure that on the day of we were totally taken care. My Event Planner Gina was a goddess on the day of our wedding! I forgot to put on my garter and after the DJ announced it was time for my groom to remove it she flew into action and took a ribbon off my flowers to use. No one noticed and it was a perfect alternative. I will forever be grateful for her! The property was simply perfection the day of the wedding and there is just a magical energy surrounding the location. Thank you Mankin Mansion for creating such a beautiful place for couples to enjoy the best day of their life!

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/21/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor

Love is the right word to use for this magnificent place ?? Us and our guests enjoyed this place so much. We loved how attentive the staff was and the night was perfect. We also couldn't believe how with all the information we told them they didn't forget anything:) all of our friends and family keep asking us to redo everything as it was the best time that they have had in there life.

Profile Picture Nazira, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I must have visited The Historic Mankin Mansion at least four times before finally committing because honestly I can be so indecisive but I couldn't deny that there was something about the beauty of the grounds and pleasant staff that caught my attention immediately. We were provided with a nice binder to assist with planning and it even included recommended services such as caterers and photographers. Gina did such an amazing job with keeping me on task with emails and was always prompt to respond to every single question, and trust me there were a lot. Because our wedding party were mostly out of town we were unable to have rehearsal on the planned day but Martin and staff agreed to a quick rehearsal before the wedding which went so well. So fast forward to me sitting in the carriage house which is designated for the bride with absolutely no worries. Gina and staff made sure to go exactly by the plans we discussed at the meetings and everything ran smoothly. Right before the ceremony it began to rain (luckily it stopped) but staff was right on it with making sure chairs were dry for arriving guests and providing umbrellas. Martin did an amazing job with the music throughout the ceremony and the reception as we had discussed and had no problem allowing family members to grab the mic. The staff does an amazing job with decorating the venue how you choose and are even creative and take initiative to make things look that much beautiful. I absolutely loved the effort and dedication and all the "extras" that went into making our day perfect and it was just that. If I had one complaint it would be that it had to end. Our family and friends are still talking about the wonderful time they had and we've received wonderful feedback such as the "wedding of the year" and "best wedding I've ever been to." I would recommend this venue to every bride and groom. We truly had no worries the day of the wedding making it that much special! Thanks so much Mankin Mansion!

Profile Picture Tiffini, 9/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning

We looked a lot of places before selecting Mankin Mansion! What the venue provides over other venues in the area made it an easy decision. Working with Kate made the planning process so easy especially since I was planning our wedding across the country. I also could not have been happier how the day turned out! Everything was set up exactly as planned and once we arrived we knew the day was going to run smoothly with the organization of the MM staff. I highly recommend using Mankin Mansion as your wedding venue.

Profile Picture User5565620, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning

Historic Mankin Mansion was the PERFECT location for our wedding. Their experienced staff, Kate, was extremely hands on and made the entire planning process, from an execution standpoint :), a breeze. I am extremely grateful for Kate and all that she did for my husband and I. I can't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else.

Profile Picture Sydney, 7/31/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Historic Mankin Mansion was a breeze because our wedding planner, Gina, was meticulous, careful, thoughtful, and organized. At our first meeting, I was given a pre-organized binder with suggestions and recommendations for every aspect of the wedding, complete with brochures and contact information for all types of officiants, caterers, glam squads, and anything else you can imagine wanting or needing on your wedding day. Gina continued to keep all of my contracts together by personally emailing every single person we booked for the wedding. She worked with us through Skype since we live a state away and asked us many detailed questions to ensure our day was exactly how we wanted it.
At the rehearsal, Gina was very clear so our huge wedding party knew exactly what to do. She even provided us all with a detailed, to-the-minute itinerary for the wedding day, which impressed and calmed me. On the day of the wedding, Gina was so happy and congratulatory, answered all of our consistent and annoying questions without once losing patience, and seemed to be everywhere at once so that everything ran smoothly. She even showed up at the very end of our sparkler send-off waiting for us at the car to congratulate us once more.
Martin did an excellent job by double-checking all of the wedding party's names, playing all of our song choices, and throwing in some of his own to make sure everyone was up, dancing and dancing. The grounds were absolutely beautiful. If our florist's flowers had not been there, it still would have given off a lovely garden feel by itself. I wanted to have my wedding at the HMM because I attended a wedding there 7 years ago. Everything I loved about that wedding was the same for mine 7 years later, indicating their consistency and precision with each and every detail. One of our groomsman later screamed to us while we were dancing, "I'M HAVING MY WEDDING AT THE MANKIN MANSION!"

Profile Picture Audra, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor

There is honestly no better place to have your wedding at than the Historic Mankin Mansion! The staff are phenomenal - namely Kate Miller, our main wedding coordinator, and Martin, the owner/DJ. Initially, the draw for most potential couples is the beauty of the venue/grounds; however, once you are officially booked with them, the staff is 100% what makes the lasting impression. Kate was beyond amazing & more wonderful than I could have ever imagined. HMM needs to, without a doubt, keep her around for years to come! She was the perfect combination of personable, patient, accommodating, and professional. Kate makes sure to go above and beyond to help her couples out and is a wonderful communicator. I don't think the whole weekend could have gone any smoother. We were so impressed with how well the coordination of the wedding went, considering it rained from dusk to dawn on our wedding day (which was obviously a huge potential negative at first). However, even though it seemed like a hurdle for them at times, the HMM staff had such awesome, detail-oriented backup plans that the rain wasn't that big of a deal & the staff still kept their heads held high & assumed all stress so we didn't have to. (Especially Kate, again, clearly a rockstar!) In addition, if you book with HMM, you absolutely have to use Martin as your DJ. We had (and continue to receive) countless compliments on Martin & his wonderful DJ-ing abilities. As you can see in many other reviews, he is amazing at what he does & always a crowd favorite. He really did such a great job and strategically kept all guests on the dance floor at all times. Most of our guests said, hands down, our wedding was the best/most fun wedding they have been to. Altogether, I can guarantee you will not be disappointed with HMM. Anthony & I cannot thank the HMM staff enough for all they did for us in creating a magical experience & wedding day. It was such a pleasure working with you guys & we are forever grateful to you all! :)

Profile Picture McKenna, 4/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently got married at Makin Mansion on March 21st. First off this venue is breathtaking!! I was recommended to this venue from my old supervisor who got married here as well. I couldn't be more happy with her sending me their way. I worked with Kate as my planner and she is the absolutely best. She answered all of our questions during the planning process and was very helpful in helping us figure out how we wanted to have everything decorated for our special day. We have gotten so many compliments on the venue and how well organized everything was!

Our DJ was the owner Martin and he was Amazing! He kept all of my guest on the dance floor everyone there was having a great time. He defiantely knew how to keep the crowd engaged.

The only complaint i would have is that my guest didn't know who give the cards to. There was a mailbox set up before the cermony but it wasn't made clear for the guest. So all night i had people asking me where to put or cards or who to give them too.

Other then that my day was nothing short of Amazing! I wish I could do it all over again and would most certainly stick with my choice of the Mankin Mansion!

Profile Picture Jhonel, 3/21/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding renewal ceremony and reception at HMM in March. The grounds looked stunning the whole weekend. The day of our wedding was a little tricky; it was forecasted to rain all day long, right up until 15 minutes before the start time of our ceremony. Kate (our amazing wedding planner) and Martin (owner) were in constant contact with us throughout the day to let us know what the forecast was saying, and what our options were for choosing in indoor or outdoor ceremony. But prayers were answered and the rain did end up stopping 15 minutes before the start of our ceremony, followed by a sunny sky. Martin was very flexible with us though; they actually allowed us to push the ceremony (and entire timeline of events for the night) back 15 minutes, so that they could keep the guest chairs dry and give them some extra time to take their seats. That was huge for us.

Martin is an AWESOME MC/DJ. He is very flexible with changes/requests, got everyones name perfect, played all of the songs we asked for (and more of his own mixes towards the end which was definitely getting people on the dance floor), and did a great job of keeping things rolling throughout the night. Super professional and catered to the "feel" of the night.

Our wedding planner Kate was pretty amazing throughout the entire experience, from the time we booked the venue last summer, up to us driving away at the end of the wedding night. She does so much behind the scenes work that ultimately led up to a perfect wedding weekend. She did a good job of keeping us on track (time wise) throughout the entire day, but was never pushy and never once interrupted us if we were talking with guests, etc. In the hours leading up to the ceremony it was raining pretty hard, but Kate had her rain boots on and was making countless trips between the groom/groomsmen area and the bride/bridesmaids area to keep us both in the loop with the weather situation. Couldn't have done it without her!!

Profile Picture Carter, 3/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
4.2

Historic Mankin Mansion provided a beautiful background for our wedding. In planning the wedding, our assigned coordinator was responsive and helpful. The grounds were beautiful, our guests were very impressed, and the event went very smoothly. The staff the day of the wedding worked hard and things went seamlessly from our perspective and the perspective of our guests. Everything was set up the way we wanted and looked great. So why not 5 stars? During the planning process and up to the day before the wedding, there were many things that we were told during our original tour of the grounds as included that, in fact, were not. We felt like they nickel and dimed us literally through the day before the wedding. While the staff was great the day of, we felt like our coordinator had an attitude and obviously didn't like working with us before and after. We really didn't feel like we were demanding a lot so don't know what we did to incite the attitude. Overall, we had a great wedding and fantastic pictures, and we wish the last minute additions and attitudes of the staff didn't tarnish our experience.

Profile Picture User4603308, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews