Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort Reviews

80 | Richmond, VA

80 Reviews for Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort

80 Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort Reviews

Sabrina · Married on 06/24/2018

Historic Mankin Mansion was an absolute dream. Not only is the venue gorgeous rain or shine but the time and effort that goes into helping plan your day was extremely helpful. I loved working with there team(especially Katie, our planner)! It was bit more expensive then we were planning but in the end totally worth it! Couldn’t recommend it more!!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/25/2018

Historic Mankin Mansion is the whole package. In addition to being the most stunning property I’ve ever witnessed, their team is knowledgable, experienced, and always ready to help a bride in need. Booking with HMM was truly the best decision we made in our whole wedding planning process. We not only got access to all of the beautiful grounds, but we were provided with a planner, DJ, and table and chair rentals included. (This is among all of the additional add-ons for upgrades—we did the fire pits, which were awesome!)

I know the HMM team deals with multiple weddings at one time and even multiple per weekend, but my now-husband and I always felt like VIPs from our very first meeting. There’s nothing like being greeted with a glass of red wine to plan a wedding after a long day at work!

The wedding day itself went off without a hitch as far as I know. If something didn’t go as planned, I was and am blissfully unaware because everything ran so smoothly. The staff was extremely accommodating to our crazy family of Western New Yorkers and Salvadorans, and I’ve heard from multiple guests (both in English and Spanish!) that they felt like they were at home during our wedding. Kudos to the Mankin team and especially to Paula and Martin Ramirez—they have done a magnificent job with the property and their commitment to excellence is evident in everything that they do.

My husband and I are so grateful for all of the hard work that went into our wedding, and we feel as if we are a part of the HMM family. Thank you for all that you’ve done for us—we are so very appreciative of it!

PS - I wish I could put up more pictures to show off how gorgeous it is, but there's a 10MB max and most of ours are larger. Just check out their website for all the beauty!

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort 1
    Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort 2
    Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort 3
    Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort 4

Rebecca · Married on 09/03/2017

Historic Mankin Mansion was the best decision we could have ever made for a venue. From the start to finish they were prompt, professional, and so very kind. Katie was WONDERFUL. She made everything so smooth, and the amount of detail to the venue was amazing. She also saved the evening when my husband ripped my dress and was right behind with a paperclip to fix the issue. Words cannot describe how beautiful the venue is with the lights and landscape. Also, Eric, our DJ was excellent. Kept the crowd entertained all night.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Rebecca, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We love our team and it delights us to no end that you enjoyed working with them as well. The dress snafu was certainly memorable- so glad we could step in to help! Wishing you all the best. ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Sheron · Married on 08/19/2017

Wonderful venue from start to finish. Mankin provided everything but the catering and the flowers. From the wedding coordinator to the DJ, everything was top notch and allowed for a seamless, enjoyable and memorable event. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Many thanks Sheron for sharing your experience- we do our very best to meet the needs of our couples so they don't have to lift a finger on such an important day. Wishing you all the best! ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Jenny · Married on 06/03/2017

We could not be more happy with Mankin Mansion!! Not only is the venue beautiful which makes for a great wedding, but the staff goes above and beyond to make the wedding experience memorable. Our wedding planner (Katie) walked us through the whole planning process and was there on the day to make sure everything went as planned. Such a great experience!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Jenny, you have just made our day! Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We strive for every couple to walk away from their wedding having had a great experience and cherished memories. Nothing makes us happier than knowing we did that for you! ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Jessica · Married on 05/06/2017

My fiancé and I had the perfect wedding at this venue in May. We utilized the overnight package and our family and friends fell in love with this venue as well. The venue offers so much and is truest unique!! Katie and the planning team made our day perfect and Katie was so responsive, organized and guides you through the entire stressful wedding planning experience. There was nothing I would change about our wedding, I only wish that we could relive that perfect day over and over!!!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Jessica, We couldn't be happier to hear of your experience with the Mansion and will be sure to share your kind words with Katie! Wishing you the very best with your new marriage! ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

kat · Married on 05/06/2017

This was the absolute best wedding venue of all time. The space is magical and romantic. The staff is stupendous. KATIE is literally a goddess. She is so good at what she does multiple people commented on her. The DJ here rocked so hard everyone loved him. They will go out of their way to make your day perfect and wonderful. This place maybe slightly more pricy than others but I cannot stress enough how worth it it is. This place is a gem, truly.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Kat, we are just thrilled we could make your wedding day everything you wanted. :) We'll be sure to share your kind words with our team- we are thankful to be surrounded by the very best at what they do. Thank you for sharing your experience! ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Carter · Married on 04/29/2017

My husband and I got married at Historic Mankin Mansion this past April and it was hands down the best day of our lives. Everything was so wonderful with the help of the Mankin Mansion staff and our planner which was provided through the venue, Katie. We had several meetings with Katie before the big day and she did a great job of communicating with me when I had questions in a timely manner. She also did a great job communicating with my other vendors and confirming all of the details so I didn't have to worry about it. Because of the Mankin Mansion staff, I truly had nothing to worry about on my wedding day other then focusing on having the best day with friends, family, and of course my husband. Our whole wedding party and immediate family also stayed at the mansion the night of our wedding and I am so glad we made the decision to do so. All of the accommodations were fabulous and I have heard so many positive comments from our wedding party. We also had breakfast at the mansion the next morning and it was delicious and a great way to end our experience. This is such a lovely venue with really great staff- I would not change a thing if I could do it all over again. Highly, highly recommended!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Carter, this review delights us to no end, and we'll be sure to pass along your compliments to Katie. Our hope, ultimately, is that you don't have to worry about a thing on your Big Day. So glad to hear we exceeded expectations. Thank you for taking the time to write! ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Sara · Married on 01/07/2017

We got married on September 14, 2013 at Historic Mankin Mansion. I am beyond words of how perfect everything was! This venue is all around perfect, wonderful, stress free, and full of love! When we booked Mankin Mansion about a year and half out, Martin asked me what was the one thing I wanted most out of my wedding, I replied with to marry my best friend and be stress- free. The Mansion staff made sure to make that happen. For a bride to not be stressed out the day of her wedding... that right there says ALOT.

Being able to have the grounds all weekend was so convenient. I didn't have to worry about any of the bridal party being late or getting lost. Being able to completely turn the grounds into your own, was wonderful. From being able to choose music to simply having a romantic setting set up the night you become husband and wife.

The planning team is amazing! Kate was my planner, who was absolutely the best. She had everything together and flowing perfect. There was not one thing that went wrong. Waking up and seeing your wedding actually come together is the best part. Knowing all you have to do is laugh, smile, and relax with your bridesmaids the day of was such a feeling of relief. When one of my venders was late, Kate knew something was wrong and was on top of it right away. Again, the staff at Mankin Mansion does anything in their power to put on your Special day without a hiccup! I think they even have something worked out to get the weather absolutely PERFECT for your special day!

Almost two months later and I am still getting SO many compliments on how beautiful and perfect our wedding was!! All my friends keep raving about how I set the bar so high, and just how fun everything was. Music, lights, flow of events, and the rooms are beautiful! Thank you so much for making my dream wedding come true and forever looking back on the day and just smiling! PERFECT!

Sent on 11/08/2013

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Sara, How kind of you to take the time to share your positive experience with future brides. Thank you for your wonderful feedback- it was an honor to be a part of your special day. ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 12/31/2016

We got married at HMM on New Years Eve. From the first time I contacted them to the wedding, (and since the wedding!) the staff of the Mansion has been exceptional. Despite going through two transitions with different coordinators, staff were always responsive and helpful. Katie made sure that all of my questions were answered and day of I was completely calm because I knew everything was taken care of Martin, Paula, Katie, and the rest of the staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we wanted and needed for our day.

We got married in the newly renovated gallery, which was breathtaking. our ceremony required no extra decorations. The grounds and main house are also stunning. We are still getting compliments on the venue from our guests. My husband and his groomsmen loved the game room for getting ready.

The Mansion was the perfect place to have our wedding, from the atmosphere and decor to the amazing staff. I would recommend to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 01/14/2017

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Kelsey, thank you for your lovely review. Our goal is to provide the very best service to our couples from the moment they contact us through the wedding day and beyond, and we're thrilled to have exceeded expectations! ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

anne · Married on 12/03/2016

I could not say enough positive about Mankin Mansion!! We had the most perfect wedding here and it would not have been possible without Katie and the staff. DJ Martin was the BEST and kept the guests on the dance floor and having a great time. The day-of was so organized and we received multiple compliments on how well organized and smooth the whole day was from start to finish. If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Anne- we are just thrilled by your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other couples. It was truly our pleasure to host your Big Day! ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Jessica · Married on 12/21/2015

I can not possibly say enough amazing things about this property. From the moment we visited the property we knew it was the perfect venue for our special day. My husband and I were planning our wedding from Miami and the entire team went above and beyond to make sure every detail of the day was taken care. They responded to emails quickly, thought about every single detail of the day, asked tons of questions to make sure that on the day of we were totally taken care. My Event Planner Gina was a goddess on the day of our wedding! I forgot to put on my garter and after the DJ announced it was time for my groom to remove it she flew into action and took a ribbon off my flowers to use. No one noticed and it was a perfect alternative. I will forever be grateful for her! The property was simply perfection the day of the wedding and there is just a magical energy surrounding the location. Thank you Mankin Mansion for creating such a beautiful place for couples to enjoy the best day of their life! <3 <3 <3

Sent on 10/05/2016

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica- this makes our week! We're honored to have been part of your special day and happy Gina could save the garter toss with her fast thinking. :) Enjoy your time as newlyweds! ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Nazira · Married on 09/19/2015

Love is the right word to use for this magnificent place ?? Us and our guests enjoyed this place so much. We loved how attentive the staff was and the night was perfect. We also couldn't believe how with all the information we told them they didn't forget anything:) all of our friends and family keep asking us to redo everything as it was the best time that they have had in there life.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Nazira, Thank you so much for your kind comments! We are so happy that you had such a great wedding experience - we welcome you back any time! We send our best wishes to you and hope that married life is treating you very well. ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Tiffini · Married on 09/13/2015

I must have visited The Historic Mankin Mansion at least four times before finally committing because honestly I can be so indecisive but I couldn't deny that there was something about the beauty of the grounds and pleasant staff that caught my attention immediately. We were provided with a nice binder to assist with planning and it even included recommended services such as caterers and photographers. Gina did such an amazing job with keeping me on task with emails and was always prompt to respond to every single question, and trust me there were a lot. Because our wedding party were mostly out of town we were unable to have rehearsal on the planned day but Martin and staff agreed to a quick rehearsal before the wedding which went so well. So fast forward to me sitting in the carriage house which is designated for the bride with absolutely no worries. Gina and staff made sure to go exactly by the plans we discussed at the meetings and everything ran smoothly. Right before the ceremony it began to rain (luckily it stopped) but staff was right on it with making sure chairs were dry for arriving guests and providing umbrellas. Martin did an amazing job with the music throughout the ceremony and the reception as we had discussed and had no problem allowing family members to grab the mic. The staff does an amazing job with decorating the venue how you choose and are even creative and take initiative to make things look that much beautiful. I absolutely loved the effort and dedication and all the "extras" that went into making our day perfect and it was just that. If I had one complaint it would be that it had to end. Our family and friends are still talking about the wonderful time they had and we've received wonderful feedback such as the "wedding of the year" and "best wedding I've ever been to." I would recommend this venue to every bride and groom. We truly had no worries the day of the wedding making it that much special! Thanks so much Mankin Mansion!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Tiffini, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience- we are thrilled we could help make your wedding day dreams come true. We tend to agree as well- we wish the celebrations would never end! Hope you're enjoying life as newlyweds, and thanks again. ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

We looked a lot of places before selecting Mankin Mansion! What the venue provides over other venues in the area made it an easy decision. Working with Kate made the planning process so easy especially since I was planning our wedding across the country. I also could not have been happier how the day turned out! Everything was set up exactly as planned and once we arrived we knew the day was going to run smoothly with the organization of the MM staff. I highly recommend using Mankin Mansion as your wedding venue.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

We appreciate your warm words! We strive to provide each and every couple with their dream wedding and we're honored you chose to share your special day with us. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness! ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Sydney · Married on 07/31/2015

Historic Mankin Mansion was the PERFECT location for our wedding. Their experienced staff, Kate, was extremely hands on and made the entire planning process, from an execution standpoint :), a breeze. I am extremely grateful for Kate and all that she did for my husband and I. I can't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Sydney, You just made our day- what a wonderful review! Thank you for your kind words. It delights us to no end that we were able to give you your dream wedding. We wish you the best in your new life together! ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Audra · Married on 07/11/2015

Our wedding at the Historic Mankin Mansion was a breeze because our wedding planner, Gina, was meticulous, careful, thoughtful, and organized. At our first meeting, I was given a pre-organized binder with suggestions and recommendations for every aspect of the wedding, complete with brochures and contact information for all types of officiants, caterers, glam squads, and anything else you can imagine wanting or needing on your wedding day. Gina continued to keep all of my contracts together by personally emailing every single person we booked for the wedding. She worked with us through Skype since we live a state away and asked us many detailed questions to ensure our day was exactly how we wanted it.
    At the rehearsal, Gina was very clear so our huge wedding party knew exactly what to do. She even provided us all with a detailed, to-the-minute itinerary for the wedding day, which impressed and calmed me. On the day of the wedding, Gina was so happy and congratulatory, answered all of our consistent and annoying questions without once losing patience, and seemed to be everywhere at once so that everything ran smoothly. She even showed up at the very end of our sparkler send-off waiting for us at the car to congratulate us once more.
    Martin did an excellent job by double-checking all of the wedding party's names, playing all of our song choices, and throwing in some of his own to make sure everyone was up, dancing and dancing. The grounds were absolutely beautiful. If our florist's flowers had not been there, it still would have given off a lovely garden feel by itself. I wanted to have my wedding at the HMM because I attended a wedding there 7 years ago. Everything I loved about that wedding was the same for mine 7 years later, indicating their consistency and precision with each and every detail. One of our groomsman later screamed to us while we were dancing, "I'M HAVING MY WEDDING AT THE MANKIN MANSION!"

Sent on 07/23/2015

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

We are delighted to read your review, Audra! We strive to make the planning process as simple as possible and we're happy to hear your experience was everything you dreamed. It was an honor to have your celebration on our grounds and we hope married life is treating you well! ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

McKenna · Married on 04/25/2015

There is honestly no better place to have your wedding at than the Historic Mankin Mansion! The staff are phenomenal - namely Kate Miller, our main wedding coordinator, and Martin, the owner/DJ. Initially, the draw for most potential couples is the beauty of the venue/grounds; however, once you are officially booked with them, the staff is 100% what makes the lasting impression. Kate was beyond amazing & more wonderful than I could have ever imagined. HMM needs to, without a doubt, keep her around for years to come! She was the perfect combination of personable, patient, accommodating, and professional. Kate makes sure to go above and beyond to help her couples out and is a wonderful communicator. I don't think the whole weekend could have gone any smoother. We were so impressed with how well the coordination of the wedding went, considering it rained from dusk to dawn on our wedding day (which was obviously a huge potential negative at first). However, even though it seemed like a hurdle for them at times, the HMM staff had such awesome, detail-oriented backup plans that the rain wasn't that big of a deal & the staff still kept their heads held high & assumed all stress so we didn't have to. (Especially Kate, again, clearly a rockstar!) In addition, if you book with HMM, you absolutely have to use Martin as your DJ. We had (and continue to receive) countless compliments on Martin & his wonderful DJ-ing abilities. As you can see in many other reviews, he is amazing at what he does & always a crowd favorite. He really did such a great job and strategically kept all guests on the dance floor at all times. Most of our guests said, hands down, our wedding was the best/most fun wedding they have been to. Altogether, I can guarantee you will not be disappointed with HMM. Anthony & I cannot thank the HMM staff enough for all they did for us in creating a magical experience & wedding day. It was such a pleasure working with you guys & we are forever grateful to you all! :)

Sent on 07/28/2015

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Thank you for sharing, McKenna! Reviews like yours make our day! We seek to give every couple a smooth and stress-free as possible. We loved having your wedding celebration at Historic Mankin Mansion and are thrilled to hear that your Big Day went perfectly. We wish you and Anthony a lifetime of love and happiness! ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/20/2014

My husband and I had our dream wedding at the Historic Mankin Mansion! Our guests could not believe what a beautiful venue we had chosen, from the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception. The grounds were well kept and breathtaking, while providing comfort and ease for our guests as our events were on the same grounds. This was very important to us, as many of our guests were from out of town. From the moment we sent our deposit, we were assisted with every step of the planning process. We received a list of highly reviewed vendors and many of them contributed to our perfect wedding experience. We met throughout the year with our Mankin planner, who provided advice when asked, suggestions when needed, and important information that we may have overlooked. Our wedding weekend was purely magical and stress free! Everything was meticulously executed to ensure our fairy tale wedding. If we had to do our wedding all over again, we wouldn't change a thing! The mansion was a great value for our picture perfect day!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Jennifer, thank you for your kind words! A successful wedding is by all means a group effort and we were thrilled to be able to assist you with assembling a fantastic team. We're so glad to hear that you and your guests had a memorable day! ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Caitlin · Married on 09/13/2014

I was told about Mankin Mansion from our caterer, and promptly checked them out. When I first met with Martin (the owner) he asked me what the number 1 thing I was looking for in my wedding venue. I told him I didn't want my family running around day-of trying to get things done and a place that was organized. Mankin Mansion accomplished both of these. They provide you with a wedding planning team, and since the ceremony/cocktail hour/reception takes place in the same location it is very easy for you and your guests to have a good time. The grounds are stunning ,and they keep them up year-round. I had to plan my wedding from 2,000 miles away in Texas, and Jocelene our planner was incredible. We Skyped meetings and she was always quick to return phone calls. 3 months before my wedding she gave birth, and at no time during planning did I feel worried that she was distracted. She was on top of things the entire time. Martin was our DJ and kept the reception jumping! He was very talented. Planning a wedding long distance was never stressful thanks to Mankin Mansion. They have so much knowledge in what they do, and are very professional. They take care of so much, and our wedding went off flawlessly. Our guests have told us they have never been to a more beautiful wedding, and how incredible the venue was. I cannot recommend Mankin Mansion enough. Jocelene was so helpful and the entire staff worked as a flawless team. I felt like no matter what happened they would take care of it easily and without stress. They always have a plan B and a plan C ready to go. Mankin Mansion was the most perfect place to get married, and I know that any bride that chooses them will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/27/2014

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Caitlin, it just makes our day to hear this. Thank you for sharing your experience! Our goal is to make sure our couples (and their families!) don't have to lift a finger on the Big Day so we're thrilled we exceeded expectations. Thanks again!' ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Jillian · Married on 08/23/2014

Martin and Paula have created the most romantic beautiful setting for a ceremony and reception at Historic Mankin Mansion. They have gone through everything with a very detailed eye and created an amazing environment for a wedding. The planning crew is so wonderful. They take care of everything for you, while still reflecting your own personal style. Everything from planning meetings, to rehearsal, to ceremony, and reception they have it all covered and in an extraordinary way. The planning crew goes above and beyond (and in our case, Kate, took such wonderful care of us)! My husband and I will never be able to thank them enough for providing us with the best wedding ever! We received so many compliments on the wedding venue from guests at our wedding! This is the best wedding venue in richmond by far, and with all that is included the price is more than reasonable! I highly recommend this for a ceremony and reception venue.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Thank you for such a lovely review Jillian- it's our sincere pleasure to help make your wedding dreams come true! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness! ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Lauren · Married on 08/09/2014

The Historic Mankin Mansion was my dream venue. I unfortunately had to move my wedding from May to August due to a car accident, the HMM was so accommodating, and helped me so much with moving my wedding and all my vendors with ease. My wedding planners were Joceline and Gina, both fabulous and professional! My wedding was a true fairytale and everything I dreamed it would be. All our friends and family commented that it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Everything was absolutely perfect, thank you so much to the team at Historic Mankin Mansion for making sure every detail was covered.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Lauren, we were positively delighted that you chose the Mansion for your big day. Thank you for your kind words, and sharing your experience with others. ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

We had our wedding at The Mankin Mansion in May of 2014. It was absolutely gorgeous! Kate, our wedding planner was personable, professional and prompt in responding to emails. The Mankin Mansion is a romantic and absolutely beautiful wedding venue. We did not have to do ANY running around the day of the wedding, the Mankin Mansion took care of everything. I had a completely stress-free wedding day. I would recommend the Mankin Mansion to everyone!

Sent on 06/21/2014

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Thank you for such kind words! We want all of our couples to have a stress-free wedding day so they can truly soak in and enjoy such a momentous occasion. We are thrilled to hear we could deliver that to you, and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Arielle · Married on 04/26/2014

Kate, our planner for our dream Historic Mankin Mansion wedding did a fabulous job!! She, along with her amazing team took care of every detail and made the entire weekend perfect for Scott and I!! I am still in awe of the beauty of this venue and the staff who worked together to make our wedding day one that we will cherish forever. The grounds were in perfect condition adorned with beautiful flowers and majestic lighting, and the staff worked hard to make sure the whole weekend went off without a hitch. We stayed on the grounds the entire weekend with our bridal party which made the whole weekend enjoyable. Everything was taken care of for us and I couldn't have asked to work with a better wedding vendor. I do not know how we can thank Kate and her team enough! We also want to thank Paula and Martin for taking the time to make sure our wedding was perfect! We had a bad storm the night of our rehearsal and Martin made sure to be there the morning of the wedding to provide us with the rehearsal we had missed. Thank you Mankin Mansion for giving us the wedding of our dreams!!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Arielle, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience- we are just thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. Weekend-long weddings are a wonderful way for us to get to know our couple, as well as those closest to them and it was a sincere pleasure to be a part of such an important day in your lives. ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion

Elizabeth · Married on 11/16/2013

The most incredible and equisite venue in all of Richmond- what a beautiful backdrop to take pictures and immortalize our wedding. We decided to take the weekend package, which we recommend to all brides because of the convenice of getting ready in the same place as the wedding site. Beyond the beauty of the location, the service of the staff was unparralled and comparable to something we would expect in a 5 Start Hotel. The owners and our wedding coordinator Marylee (provided by the Mansion) did everything possible to make sure every detail was absolutely perfect. Marylee was extremely organized and left no stone unturned, which took a lot of pressure off of us. The DJ (who is one of the owners) is also amazing. He had a great mix of tunes that got all generations off their feet dancing. The mansion has a wonderful list of vendors too - we used their florist, caterer, officiant, hair and makeup, and cakery who all pulled through for us to create the most magical day of our lives. All in all, I would highly recommend this location to any couple!

~ Liz and Carlos

Sent on 02/16/2014

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Liz and Carlos, you just make our day with this lovely recommendation! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was an honor to be a part of your wedding weekend. ~The Wedding Planning Team at Historic Mankin Mansion