Lounsbury House Reviews

31 | Ridgefield, CT

31 Reviews for Lounsbury House

3.5

This was the perfect place for my wedding. I do wish that the flowers had been planted outside as was expected and that there was more flexibility to arrive earlier without have to pay a huge extra fee. A wedding already costs a fortune, so to get a little back would have been really nice.

Sent on 03/11/2014

Lounsbury House's reply:

We are delighted that your wedding was a success! Our master gardeners plant the flowers as early as possible and they were glorious throughout the season up until the frost. As much as we would like to control Mother Nature it just isn't possible. As far as the cost, we pride ourselves on being one of the most reasonable venues in Fairfield County and work diligently with our brides to ensure a gorgeous affair for any budget!

Leigh · Married on 10/27/2012

The venue itself is SPECTACULAR and lends itself to a very intimate feeling - even if, like us, you have well over 100 guests! The staff was terrific to work with leading up to the wedding - they are very responsive, friendly, and helpful. Jenn, our coordinator, was terrific. They also provide personal and professional follow-up to ensure you were happy with the event. I would recommend using their "Preferred Vendors" who are all very experienced and familiar with the venue. Our wedding far exceeded our expectations and we continue to get compliments on how beautiful and fun the evening was. The pictures online, while beautiful, do not do the space justice - it is a MUST SEE in person!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Jenna P. · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Breathtaking

The Lounsbury House is a gorgeous venue for any wedding or event. Although I had my own style and theme for decorating, the house would still be beautiful without any extra effort! I had my wedding in January so the inside of the house was cozy and the porch offered an extra area for people to gather. Having several rooms inside allows some separation for different spaces, yet the house is also very open so everyone feels together. All of my guests commented on the beauty of the house both inside and out and my photographer was able to take breathtaking photos. If I had to have my wedding all over again, I would choose the Lounsbury house without a doubt!

Sent on 02/09/2020

Sonia · event on: 09/14/2013

3.0

The Lounsbury house is a beautiful venue, not known by many people and definitely stuns at first sight. My pre-wedding party was held here and it blew my guests away! Jenn Seely is an amazing professional to deal with and she helped me plan my entire event with vendor referrals and etc. I would score her 5 stars for service. I would score the venue perfectly too, however I found it inconvenient to hire my own cleanup crew for the party and pay for the extra cleanup time too. They are also very strict about the time allotted for events and I wish they would charge based on a realistic/longer party time so more people would book the venue with ease. Other than timing and cleanup, this venue is perfect and I would highly recommend it for any kind of party.

Sent on 03/10/2014

Jaimie · Married on 05/19/2013

Beautiful house, professional and attentive staff. Definitely recommended for hosting a special event in a wonderful place.

Sent on 03/14/2014

3.8
      3.0

Jen at the Lounsbury house was fantastic. She gave use lots of details, was very transparent about all of the pricing, recommended a great florist and replied to emails very promptly. She was also very helpful in planning our reception layout and letting us know what was available at the house. Lounsbury house was also an amazing value. We got all of the house and the grounds for a great price and it looked absolutely gorgeous. The only problem we had was that the person who was our onsite coordinator the day of our wedding didn't seem to know or have any of our information - what tables we were using and where they were, when the caterer was getting there, what chairs we were using etc. All of that information had been worked out in advance making the lack of knowledge on the day of a little frustrating. Overall we loved our wedding and Jen and if we had to do it all over again I would still have had our wedding at the Lounsbury House

Sent on 01/31/2015