Lounsbury House Reviews

24 Reviews for Lounsbury House

1 User photo

Lounsbury House 1

Jenny Philbin · Married on 10/13/2018

A very special venue for a very special event!

We had our wedding at the lounsbury house on Saturday and it was magnificent! Many friends and family commented how beautiful and beyond-special the setting was... we knew we wanted to marry in our hometown but would have traveled far to make it happen here. Kate Jackson was our point person and she was terrific - kind, calm, accommodating. We would do it all over again, exactly the same if we could!! Thank you, Kate (and Nicole too!) for all your help along the way. My heart is bursting with gratitude.

Mary Ann · Married on 09/23/2018

I highly recommend beautiful Lounsbury House in Ridgefield CT for any wedding or party event. We held a rehearsal dinner for 80 people, followed by a party for about 120+ people on a Friday evening in September 2018. From the very beginning the experienced Lounsbury House staff were so very helpful. From communicating with our caterers, party planner/servers, florists, and party rental specialists, to organizing the floor plan to bring the very best out of this gorgeous venue. In particular Kate Jackson, event manager, was the absolute best and a pleasure to work with. She hosted the evening (3pm to 11:59pm) of the event and could not have been more gracious and lovely to all our guests and to the happy couple to be. Everyone had a fantastic time and commented how lovely the Lounsbury House is and how happy they were to experience this Ridgefield landmark. Much thanks to Kate and the staff at Lounsbury House. How lucky are we to have such a special venue in our town.

Lounsbury House 2

Michele · Married on 09/03/2017

Wonderful place for a wedding. We fell in love with it the moment we walked in. It is absolutely stunning and the staff are friendly and easy to work with. Melanie did a great job answering any of my questions and helped us achieve our dream wedding

Michelle · Married on 06/30/2017

The Lounsbury House is absolutely beautiful! The Bridal suite, groom's suite, the remodeled reception area and the new garden makes the perfect wedding venue for any bride. Melanie is a top notch matre de and Tom DeVine is an amazing caterer. They are a true team and their expertise truly allows you to breathe! They know what to do in any given case. Professional and friendly with a goal to absolutely aim to please!
    Dan and I couldn't have asked for more! I'm still on cloude 9. A beautiful garden ceremony, a rainbow, and like that's not enough..., fireworks! I felt like princess! Thank you! Thank you both for a job well done.

Trish · Married on 01/14/2016

Melanie,
    Tom and I wanted to thank you for all your help in making our wedding the winter wonderland we had hoped for. We continue to hear from all our guests about how beautiful the Lounsbury House is. I could not have imagined how majestic and elegant, yet intimate and beautiful a venue could be. Your flexibility with our ever changing wedding plans and short time frame (two week lead time isn’t normal??) and attention to detail (saving the Jenga block notes!) made our special night, that much more stress free. Can I move into the bridal suite….because that was absolutely magnificent!

With all the weddings I have planned and attended over the years, I have never worked with a more personal event coordinator. The accommodations and services were both top notch—10 out of 10. Tom and I were both impressed with your professionalism, skill and attention to detail. Everything came together so perfectly, we couldn’t have asked for a better place to have our wedding. You should take immense pride in the excellent services you provided, that go above and beyond expectation.

You have our deepest appreciation
    Trish and Tom

Gary · Married on 10/10/2015

I looked at a lot of venues for our wedding - both on-line and in person. I knew what we wanted for our day, to really reflect our style and personality. When I walked into the Lounsbury House, I new I found our venue -- and this was before the renovations! Jenn was such a pleasure to work with. From our initial meeting through the many, many questions I had for her, to the actual event, Jenn helped to make our big day come together. We can't say enough wonderful things about Jenn, Melanie (who was the event coordinator for our ceremony and reception), and the Lounsbury House. The place is a perfect venue to hold the ceremony (we exchanged our vows at the bottom of the beautiful staircase in the main hallway) and the reception. The recent renovations only add to the charm, character, beautification, and functionality of the Lounsbury House -- the outdoor garden area was great for our family pictures on a beautiful October day, and the main ballroom is now more open to allow for easier flow in dining and seating. We received so many wonderful comments from our guests about the Lounsbury House and it being a great venue for our wedding. We had uplighting inside and outside (provided by Spin Doctor Entertainment), which gave a great ambiance for the event and pictures. Thanks again to Jenn and Melanie for everything you did to make our day truly special! We highly recommend the Lounsbury House for a wedding venue!!

Jill · Married on 08/01/2015

Charming venue. Beautifully remodeled. Ceremony and reception for 100 guests was nicely accommodated. Enthusiastic support on the day!

Vicky · Married on 09/06/2014

This venue was perfect for us! it was exactly what we wanted which was an alternative to the typical wedding venue (Vintage family style theme) at the price we wanted. Not only was the venue amazing but the customer service was also exceptional! Jenn was the best. She was very informational, professional and supportive which is exactly what a bride to be needs when planning her wedding.

Beautiful place and great service!!

• Angela

Angela · Married on 03/01/2014

The Lounsbury House is an absolutely beautiful venue to have for your wedding especially in Winter. I just moved to the US 2 months ago and had chosen the Lounsbury House while looking for venues online in Australia. Our main contact Jenn Seeley was absolutely wonderful and always responded quickly to any questions we had for our big day. If you're looking to hold a small, intimate wedding in a venue that is more than your average reception hall and want to bring in your own caterer, baker, dj etc, this is an amazing place to have it at. Thank you Jenn for all your amazing help in making our day so special!

Jen · Married on 01/11/2014

The minute we walked into the Lounsbury House, we knew we wanted to get married there. It didn't have the traditional "wedding hall" feel and that was exactly what we were going for. Working with Jenn was so easy! She responded to my emails/calls in such a timely manner and made planning our wedding seamless! Our wedding couldn't have been better, I am so happy that we found the Lounsbury House.

Sent on 04/09/2014

Lounsbury House's reply:

Thank you so much Jen. It was such a pleasure to work with you and Rich. Please keep in touch!
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 09/21/2013

I can not thank Jenn at the Lounsbury enough for her services. First, the venue is amazing. Historical, beautiful, well kept, just breathtaking. Rooms and grounds provide amazing backdrops for photos. We were married in the garden which was amazing.

In addition, Jenn assisted with selecting vendors and even arranged for our hotel guest room blocks. She was such a huge help in the process and kept me on my toes to ensure that I had it all covered. I would highly recommend this venue!

Caroline · Married on 08/31/2013

The Lounsbury house is a great location for a romantic, vintage, classic wedding. Price wise I thought it was an amazing value. There is no need to worry about how many guests you will or won't have, there is no need to satisfy head count #s with them. Keep in mind that this is NOT a wedding factory. Which was very important to me. I didn't want my wedding to feel like it was the 3rd one of the day. On the other hand, this means that it is up to the Bride to find really great vendors that have no problem coming into the space and making your wedding happen. All my vendors did an amazing and seamless job. The Lounsbury house is a unique, and charming venue; which is a blank slate for you to fill-in with your perfect wedding. It just takes a little work to find all the right vendors but I managed to put my whole wedding together in 42 days and it was wonderful so any Bride with more time can easily have the perfect wedding here. Plus the porch is just perfection!
    +Great Value
    +Unique and Charming
    +Only one wedding a day
    +You can easily rent more hours if needed
    +Can feel large enough for 100 or intimate enough for 50

*No flame candles, battery operated are pretty cheap
    *get frosted votives to hide the fake flame no one will ever know
    *Chinese lanterns on the front porch look amazing

See my other Vendors for the perfect planner, florist, photographer, caterer & Band

Stephanie · Married on 07/21/2013

Jenn helped us deal with getting rid of a terrible caterer and switching to a new caterer at the very last minute and was incredibly helpful responsive, and patient throughout the process.

Peggy · event on: 06/03/2016

The Lounsbury House is a perfect venue for any special occasion! Through the entire process of planning our garden party fundraise event, Melanie and Jenn worked professionally with our committee to ensure a successful evening. The lush formal gardens, the expansive front porch and the grand interior of the Lounsbury House perfectly matched our vision. The event was a great success and was made possible thanks to the dedication and expertise of this amazing staff. Thank you!

Katie · Married on 10/11/2008

The Lounsbury House was the PERFECT venue for our vintage-themed wedding. I loved the architectural integrity and tasteful décor. We wanted something other than the typical, generic banquet hall for our wedding, and the Lounsbury House was ideal. The main hall and grand staircase made for a lovely spot for the ceremony. The cocktail hour took place on the huge veranda, and we headed back inside for the reception. The separation between the dining rooms and dance floor made for lots of mingling and movement. Our coordinator at the Lounsbury House, Gail, was fantastic to work with. Our wedding was exactly as we had dreamed, and we couldn't have been happier with the venue.

Kate · Married on 10/15/2016

The Lounsbury House was the perfect wedding venue for my husband and I because it allowed us to customize everything from the décor to the dinner service and layout of the reception. We loved being able to chose our caterer, linens, rentals, florist, baker, and décor independently rather than choosing from a limited selection offered by most wedding venues. The staff at the Lounsbury House is extremely accommodating, and referred us to a wonderful caterer as well as other vendors for our reception. Our guests commented on how unique the Lounsbury House is and loved being able to sit outside on the porch and explore the House during the reception. I recommend any couple who does choose the Lounsbury House as their venue, to hire a wedding coordinator to manage all of the vendors you will need (and you'll need many!! i.e. caterer, baker, rentals, linens etc.) and to also manage everything the day of your wedding. Although the Lounsbury House does have staff on-site, they function in more of a supervisory role during the reception to make sure all of the vendors are following the House rules rather than assisting with the logistics of the reception which they explain when you book the venue.

catherine · Married on 07/11/2009

3.5

Our July 10th Wedding couldn't have been more beautiful in this unique setting. The house was a delight to work with, and the mansion itself is stunning.

3.5

This was the perfect place for my wedding. I do wish that the flowers had been planted outside as was expected and that there was more flexibility to arrive earlier without have to pay a huge extra fee. A wedding already costs a fortune, so to get a little back would have been really nice.

Sent on 03/11/2014

Lounsbury House's reply:

We are delighted that your wedding was a success! Our master gardeners plant the flowers as early as possible and they were glorious throughout the season up until the frost. As much as we would like to control Mother Nature it just isn't possible. As far as the cost, we pride ourselves on being one of the most reasonable venues in Fairfield County and work diligently with our brides to ensure a gorgeous affair for any budget!

Leigh · Married on 10/27/2012

The venue itself is SPECTACULAR and lends itself to a very intimate feeling - even if, like us, you have well over 100 guests! The staff was terrific to work with leading up to the wedding - they are very responsive, friendly, and helpful. Jenn, our coordinator, was terrific. They also provide personal and professional follow-up to ensure you were happy with the event. I would recommend using their "Preferred Vendors" who are all very experienced and familiar with the venue. Our wedding far exceeded our expectations and we continue to get compliments on how beautiful and fun the evening was. The pictures online, while beautiful, do not do the space justice - it is a MUST SEE in person!

Sonia · event on: 09/14/2013

3.0

The Lounsbury house is a beautiful venue, not known by many people and definitely stuns at first sight. My pre-wedding party was held here and it blew my guests away! Jenn Seely is an amazing professional to deal with and she helped me plan my entire event with vendor referrals and etc. I would score her 5 stars for service. I would score the venue perfectly too, however I found it inconvenient to hire my own cleanup crew for the party and pay for the extra cleanup time too. They are also very strict about the time allotted for events and I wish they would charge based on a realistic/longer party time so more people would book the venue with ease. Other than timing and cleanup, this venue is perfect and I would highly recommend it for any kind of party.

Jaimie · Married on 05/19/2013

Beautiful house, professional and attentive staff. Definitely recommended for hosting a special event in a wonderful place.

3.8
      3.0

Jen at the Lounsbury house was fantastic. She gave use lots of details, was very transparent about all of the pricing, recommended a great florist and replied to emails very promptly. She was also very helpful in planning our reception layout and letting us know what was available at the house. Lounsbury house was also an amazing value. We got all of the house and the grounds for a great price and it looked absolutely gorgeous. The only problem we had was that the person who was our onsite coordinator the day of our wedding didn't seem to know or have any of our information - what tables we were using and where they were, when the caterer was getting there, what chairs we were using etc. All of that information had been worked out in advance making the lack of knowledge on the day of a little frustrating. Overall we loved our wedding and Jen and if we had to do it all over again I would still have had our wedding at the Lounsbury House