Historic Dubsdread Ballroom & Catering Reviews

Historic Dubsdread Ballroom & Catering 7
  • Jeannie

Jeannie · Married on 11/03/2018

Excellent Service - Great Bundle

We got married on Nov 3rd and we had a great time. We looked for a venue for about 2 months and Dubsdread was the only one that offered flexibility on key items that we needed (time/open bar options/vendors/special requests). We had a morning wedding and it was very special. All the staff was very attentive to our needs and the guests all left more than happy and amazed at the service. We still hear comments about it!!!
    Gian was our buttler and he was super extra nice, it was genuine. We had a great experience during the preparation and the day of. They respond to email/phone on a timely manner and answer all the questions I had (and I had many). They were also very flexible when scheduling the rehearsal, the tastings.. I honestly have no complaints!!!!! They were all AWESOME. Jennifer was our Coordinator and she was great!

Cecilia · Married on 10/27/2018

Flawless wedding reception, beyond expectations!

David was an amazing coordinator who took care of our daughter's wedding from A to Z flawlessly. He is creative, flexible, thoughtful, sharp and made our wedding reception a great success beyond our expectations! The food was A+. We got lots of compliments from our guests for it's excellent quality and the beautiful ambiance.

Melanie · Married on 06/30/2018

I recently got married at Highland Manor on 6/30/18. My new hubby and I were told countless times by our guests about the SUPERB food at our wedding. From the hors d'oeuvre down to the entrees, everything was absolutely delicious! I cannot recommend this catering company more! We fell in love with Highland Manor but were originally weary of choosing a venue that required use of their caterer, but were so so thrilled with their service and quality in the end! If you are considering any of the Dubsdread venues, rest assured that your guests will LOVE your food!

Danielle · Married on 06/23/2018

When touring venues I was so impressed with the level of professionalism and organization of Dubsdread - & I fell in love with the beautiful rustic decor in the ballroom. Working with them was so easy - they were responsive, informative, and the tasting they hosted for their couples was so much fun. David was our coordinator and our meetings with him were efficient and incredibly thorough - and usually fun. They left no detail unplanned and we were confident our wedding day would go smoothly - which it did. Right before our ceremony, the Florida rain was threatening to move us inside, but Dubsdread handled it so efficiently and waited until the last minute to call it so that we got to get married outside. For the reception, David had told us we’d have a personal butler for the event but we weren’t prepared for the VIP treatment - we had drinks and food handed to us all night and Jim took care of our every need so that we could just relax and have fun. The service was so incredible, the food was amazing, and the space was perfect for our wedding of about 88 people. There were probably snafus I don’t even know about that the staff just handled. We could not be happier and our guests absolutely loved every minute - cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone looking for a wedding venue in Orlando! Other notes: -Parking is plentiful and free -They handled allergies/special dietary needs like pros -The outdoor and indoor spaces are both beautiful The only tiny downsides to Dubsdread: -The area for getting ready for the women is just a small room off the bathroom. We did a first look so didn’t even need it, but it definitely lacks the facilities of other venues. If it rains, photo ops are a bit more limited but we did ours inside and they turned out great

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/23/2018

We can't speak highly enough of Highland Manor and it's team. Bonny was our coordinator and she was always very friendly and responsive during the planning process. I think what stood out the most to us though was the service we received on our wedding day!! Our ceremony was planned and set up to be outdoors, but unfortunately a last minute storm settled over the venue and we had to reevaluate our timeline. Bonny took charge and gave us several options, we decided to open up cocktail hour early for our guests while our vendors moved everything inside and the Highland Manor staff transformed the ballroom into our new ceremony space. Guests are still telling me how they were amazed at how beautiful our ceremony was even though it was our Plan B!! I also want to highlight how amazing our head butler, Gian was. He also went above and beyond to make our day special. we 100% recommend Highland Manor not only for the beautiful property but for the amazing staff!!

• Jojo

Jojo · Married on 06/15/2018

This place is amazing, so much details. Each room speaks for themselves. Can't wait for my wedding day.

Tammi · Married on 04/07/2018

Dubsdread met all our expectations and desires! Staff there is so accommodating and helpful. They handled everything! Beautiful setting and wonderful food. Was a great experience all around.

dawnell · Married on 04/07/2018

Dubsdread is such a beutiful location from having the wedding outside overlooking the golf course to the 2 main rooms for cocktail hour, buffet, and reception. The staff was awsome from Christine and Michelle our Day of Coordinatiors to our head server Giani(G) that kept our plates and glasses full. We could not have asked for a more perfect venue and staff. The food was delicious and they had everything set up as we wanted it. We cannot wait to have another event so we can book Dubsdread and the staff again.

Melissa · Married on 03/10/2018

We had our wedding reception on 3/10/18 at Highland Manor and we could not be happier with how it went! Bonny and the team are super helpful and accommodating and made it the most fun and care-free night! She did an amazing job using my decorations to create the exact look I wanted! The food was amazing, the atmosphere was amazing, it was everything we dreamed of and more! I would definitely recommend! Beautiful venue and amazing staff! Thank you times a million! <3 Mel and Andy

Kelly · Married on 02/10/2018

I am so ecstatic that we chose Dubsdread as our wedding venue, they were absolutely perfect!!! From our first visit there they were overly welcoming and accommodating to all our wants and needs. David was our coordinator and he was amazing- we were planning our wedding from Colorado and he worked with us to have meetings that were very late for him to help us around our busy work schedules. My vision for my wedding was to have a STRESS FREE Harry Potter / Game of Thrones / Lord of the Rings wedding and David went along with everything even offering ideas to make everything better/easier. The day of David ensured that every detail was perfect, even putting together my centerpieces that had several parts. We also had a personal server for the bride and groom that made sure we were well fed and that we always had a fresh drink. He even helped me with my dress before walking down the aisle and spent time picking out leaves that had got caught in it! Their attention to detail and guests services is unrivaled. Of course I have to mention the food- it was AMAZING!! I had several guests come up to me and compliment our appetizer and entrée selections. Dubsdread and David made sure we had the perfect wedding day and I can't thank them enough!!! (Photos by Rachel Doyle Photography)

Historic Dubsdread Ballroom & Catering 15
    Historic Dubsdread Ballroom & Catering 20
    Historic Dubsdread Ballroom & Catering 21
    Historic Dubsdread Ballroom & Catering 22

Lusa · Married on 01/14/2018

Had my daughter's wedding 1/1418, what a fabulous event. David, Erick and the whole staff was attentive and helpful from the first day we met to the minute we left. I would go back again and again if I had the events! Love you guys! Lisa

Kaylyn · Married on 11/05/2017

Food was amazing, venue was beautiful. We were so happy having our wedding here.

Jamie · Married on 09/22/2017

David was simply awesome from beginning to end. The staff were so trained on customer service skills we couldn’t believe it. We had our wedding outside and our reception in the main ball room and it went perfect. David was there to keep us on track and make sure we didn’t miss a beat! We didn’t do a dinner, just an appetizer party all night and David was excellent with helping us pick everything out. We just can’t ay enough good thongs about him and his team.

Adam · Married on 09/01/2017

This is hands down the best place to hold any gathering/party. We had our wedding Sept 1, 17 (late in posting this I know) and we couldn't have asked for things to be any better.

What you get for what you pay is not skimped, high quality, and incomparable to anything else you will find.

Bonnie was our coordinator and did a fabulous job of keeping things smooth and seamless. The rest of the staff did a wonderful job preparing and presenting everything. We even had guest later say they had fun conversation with them... so on top of everything else they were also personable.

We cannot thank them enough for the planning, being there to answer our questions leading up to, and on the big day.

Becca · Married on 07/08/2017

The Venue - You can't go wrong with Historic Dubsdread - it's beautiful, plenty of parking, convenient layout & most of all - they really know weddings. The staff is so on top of it, professional, organized, knowledgeable and amazing. They are right there with you for planning the details ahead of time and making sure it flows the day-of. I really can't say enough good things about my experience with Dubsdread. Special thanks to David - he rocks!
    The Food - It was amazing to have one point of contact for venue + food. The food was amazing and our guests agreed. We got to attend a tasting event and customize the menu. The food the night of was perfect and they even sent us home with full to-go meals in case we didn't get to eat enough that night. Amazing! 10/10!

Daniel · Married on 04/29/2017

I'll be the first one to admit that I'm naturally skeptical when I see a place with all 5 star reviews like this, but let me tell you that they've earned every single review.

David and CJ were amazing. My wife and I had our wedding here and things couldn't have gone better. A lot of people have horror stories or talk about things that went wrong on their wedding day, but we have none of those and that's thanks in large part to our two wedding coordinators and this great venue they work for.

We had a bit of a destination wedding having lived in Orlando before, but now living in New York, but David went above and beyond in helping make things easy for us. He took care of everything we needed in one face-to-face meeting and one final phone call. That's it. In that short amount of time he managed to get everything he needed to make our wedding flawless.

CJ deserves a special shout out for being the "day of" MVP. Whether it was finding one of our readers she had never met, or holding a fan under my wife's dress to give her a bit of relief from the Florida heat, CJ came through every time we put another difficult or...interesting task on her plate.

I think the best part about working with Dubsdread is their relationships with vendors. Anyone we booked they had worked with before and knew exactly what information we needed to get to them to make things go well. We followed David's instructions and put our trust in the same vendors they trusted, and had nothing to worry about all day long.

If you're considering Dubsdread, definitely give it a visit. If you visit and you like it, book it. You will not regret it. My wife and I got the wedding of our dreams with zero stress because of this place and these people. I can not possibly thank them enough.

• User6530715 · 1+ year ago

Dubsdread had an open house with several Event Specialist and Coordinators to walk you through the venue. From when I first walked in the door, the venue was breathtaking. The staff was very personal and Andrew who gave us the tour was the icing on the cake. I put in a date request that evening and the whole booking process since has been smooth. The team is very helpful, and responsive. I couldn't ask for a better team to work with to help make our big day perfect. I highly recommend this venue.

Meytal · Married on 03/13/2017

We had our wedding at Highland Manor and it was amazing! Beyond our wildest dreams! The staff went above and beyond and Bonny our coordinator was outstanding!!! They made our dreams come true!!!

Meghan · Married on 01/27/2017

We chose The Highland Manor operated by Dubsdread because of the breath taking view and how private it was compared to others. Then once we met Bonny our coordinator she did a really great job with the whole process and put my stress at ease with things like "don't worry" or "we got this". You can definitely see the professionalism, expertise and pride they take in their work to give you a successful wedding. I really didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day!!! The food was delicious and didn't hear any complaints. My vegetarians were probably most excited because they all told me they weren't expecting such a huge portion of their eggplant parmesan!!! I would also like to give a shout out to Gian our butler for giving great service also!! He was there when I needed him and always had a new drink for me...and my husband..when we needed it. While waiting for my queue to go down the aisle he was there making conversation to keep me calm :) The Dubsdread team deserves their award winning titles and recommend it for anyone wanting host an event with them. Thanks again to Bonny, G, and the team! You guys rock!!

Danielle · Married on 12/10/2016

My husband and I recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at Dubsdread and we highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a great place in the Orlando area. The first thing that attracted us to Dubsdread was the beautiful big tree near the outdoor courtyard and gorgeous ballroom with wood beams and stone fireplace. But it turned out to be much more than just a pretty venue! The staff at Dubsdread is outstanding. They pair you up with a wedding coordinator who you meet with several times before the wedding and you get a complimentary food tasting! They were always quick to respond to emails with any questions during the planning process.
    The day of the wedding, the staff was extremely professional and accommodating. They served our guests dinner like a well oiled machine! The kitchen staff was kind enough to make my grandfather a plate of soft foods because he recently had surgery on his mouth and could not chew any thing too tough. As the bride and groom, we had a head waiter for the entire night to make sure we had drinks and were well fed. They even give you a to-go meal and cake to take home at the end of the night!
    Our coordinator, David, did an excellent job making sure everything ran smoothly. He had every last detail just how we wanted it! Christina stepped in to help during our rehearsal dinner when David had another wedding and she was also very helpful. Our head waiter, Bob, was also amazing and very attentive. We were very impressed with the entire team at Dubsdread!

Margaret · Married on 12/09/2016

We were married at Highland Manor but Dubsdread provided the catering. Oh my goodness, the food was absolutely delicious and our guests could not stop talking about it! The staff was just as great! They were efficient and attentive to all our needs and I never had and empty plate or drink. They variety of dinner and menu options are also great. Our ONLY issue was trying to decide what we wanted to serve at our wedding because every single thing we sample was exquisite!

Dubsdread went over and beyond expectations and were SO accommodating, professional, creative and fun! We had an amazing experience and a dream wedding! I am so thankful for picking this venue! I would definitely recommend!

Alicia · Married on 11/25/2016

I am so glad we decided to host our wedding at Dubsdread. The venue is beautiful and rustic, which was exactly what we were looking for. The wood floors, exposed beams, string lights, and fireplace make the ballroom so beautiful and cozy. If you're looking to hold a rustic wedding that is not in a barn, Dubsdread is the place for you.

The food is absolutely incredible. Three months later and our guests are still raving about it! The service was phenomenal too. Our guests never waited for drinks (at the table nor at the bar). It was such a fun night. Bonnie went above and beyond during our planning sessions, the phone calls in between, and at the actual wedding to make sure everything was perfect.

Shalimar · Married on 11/20/2016

Working was the Dubsdread Catering Staff was seamless. I had the pleasure of having David as my coordinator and he was wonderful. We planned all of the details in just under 8 weeks and the event turned out beautiful. My husband was thrilled and we are still receiving praise and compliments from family and friends.
    I highly recommend this warm, inviting venue... the staff is icing on the cake!