Historic Ann's 1893 Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Ashley
    Ashley C. Married on 02/12/2022

Elegant Space for Picture Perfect Day

When my husband and I started looking for wedding venue’s Historic Ann’s was one of the closest to our home. I scheduled a walk through even though my fiancé had reservations about the space. From the moment I walked into the house until the moment we finished cleaning up, I was blown away. This space really is picture perfect! This venue catered to all our different needs. My bridal party and I took full advantage to the bridal space upstairs. A small kitchen with a coffee bar was perfect for brunch while getting ready in the beauty chairs with mirrors. The full length, 3-panel mirror made for perfect pictures. The bridal suite was classy and perfect for groups photos, a hang out spot for my sweet flower girls, and a place for us to catch our breath after the wedding. The downstairs groomsmen area was great place for them to hang out, shoot pool, and watch TV while everyone was getting ready. We really didn’t have to do much decorating because the house’s beauty and elegance stands alone. The enclosed patio area made for a perfect spot for guest to mingle with drinks and music (it would be perfect for live entertainment). The beautiful and rustic outdoor ceremony space can be easily adapted to match any vision with just a few personal touches. Working with Julie was a breeze. She was so easy to contact, and she answered every question professionally and timely. I never once had any worries or concerns when it came to the venue. I would definitely use this venue again for future events and would highly recommend to other bride’s looking for a beautiful, classy, and stress-free venue option for their intimate wedding.

Wow Ashley.

I could not have asked for a more thoughtful review!!! Truly, I am grateful. You and Elijah were certainly a breeze to work with at all times and I was really honored to have been a part of this important event for you two!

I hope our paths cross again one of these days.

Best wishes to you both!
  • Shonda
    Shonda B. Married on 12/10/2021

Historic Ann's 1893 was the best place for my husband and I to have our wedding. Mrs. Julie Hill and Mr. David gave us their very best.

Everything was great and if I had to do it all over again I would with Historic Ann's 1893

Historic Ann's 1893's reply:

Thank you so much Shonda!
    I am so happy you were pleased with our venue and services.
    David and I wish you and Frederic a happy life together.
    We'll be happy to host upcoming anniversary celebrations too!!! Ha.
    You two were so easy to work with and we really appreciate that on our end too.
    Millie H. Married on 06/11/2021

Charming, Historic Wedding Venue!

My partner and I contacted Julie through her website and started the process of planning our wedding from a different state! I couldn't have asked for a more helpful, responsive, and flexible person than Julie. She got in touch with us right away and made the entire process stress-free and fun - that's every bride's dream, right? She was incredibly knowledgable and had answers for all of our little questions. She helped us visualize all the different ways our big day could be organized with Historic Ann's! Julie has gorgeous pictures online, but I was blown away when we got to see the venue for the first time. Everything is exactly as pictured, with all of the beauty, charm, and romance you need to host a spectacular wedding. If you're looking to plan an intimate, one-of-a-kind wedding, I can't recommend Ann's Historic and Julie Hill enough. We loved every part of our experience.
  • Tracy
    Tracy B. Married on 12/10/2020

Amazing Venue!

The Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Tennessee recently utilized Historic Ann's for showcasing the art work of our club members at the Van Gogh-Kid's Go! Event. We utilized the he first level of rooms which were designed beautifully, while enjoying music from the player piano. Guests were welcome to tour the entire venue, including the back yard area which had great lighting, cocktail style tables, and plenty of room for the live band. Julie and David have done a superb job with making Historic Ann's 1893 a spectacular space for weddings and other formal events.

Historic Ann's 1893's reply:

Tracy, thanks so much for this! We hope to host this event for our UC Boys and Girls Club each and every year. It's such a great organization and you do such a lovely job with these fantastic young people. Congrats to you too! Julie
    Kimberly F. Married on 09/12/2020

September wedding

Love it very pretty place great place to have a wedding

Historic Ann's 1893's reply:

Thanks so much for the review Kim!!!
    We loved working with you, Tony, and Racheal too!
    What a gem she is. Sorry you all had more rain on the honeymoon but hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather this week and safely back home.
  • Kelle
    Kelle S. Married on 05/16/2020

Smooth and Seamless

Julie has been such a JOY to work with! She has answered all my questions and offered great suggestions to accommodate any and all of my desires for my perfect day.

Kelle,
    Thanks so much for the review. We so appreciate the positive review. Very best of luck to you for a stress free ceremony and honeymoon!!
    Best, Julie and David
    Bonnie B. Married on 04/11/2020

The owners of Historic Ann's level of professionalism is exceptional

Historic Ann's is the perfect place to have everything- your rehearsal dinner, wedding, and wedding reception. There's an entire floor for brides and grooms as well. You won't find anywhere else in this area better for the value and venue!
    Tara I. Married on 02/18/2020

Our evening at Historic Ann’s.

The night we spent at Historic Ann’s was nothing short of wonderful. It was easy to find and when we arrived, it was easy to park and enter. The house was beautiful! In the room we stayed, the bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom area had plenty of electrical outlets (major plus), and the sink and mirror were actually outside of the bathroom, allowing multiple people to get ready at the same time. The WiFi worked great. The fireplace made it super cozy. The decor was great for picture taking as well. We had a wonderful time at Historic Ann’s, we’ll definitely be back!
    Staci A. Married on 11/17/2019

Amazing, Professional, accommodating

My fiancé, Josh and I met with the owners of Ann’s last weekend to plan for our November wedding. I found the owners Julie and David to be just the nicest people one could imagine meeting. I had just seen the reviews about this place and had never been in this mansion before. I am from a very small town a few minutes away in Kentucky and can remember dreaming as a child of a place just like this to have my special wedding day❤️. I am in awe of all the character and charm and grandeur one senses upon entering the house. I can just say this is going to be perfect! Josh and I couldn’t be happier with our selection!
  • Patti
    Patti W. Married on 11/16/2019

Historic Ann's 1893

This venue is abssolutely amazing! This historic home has been redesigned to create a wedding and event venue. It lends itself to an upgraded modern, yet vintage facility. It is a very unique facility. It affords everything that you would need to host a wedding. Each room serves the specific needs for a wedding. There is a staff available to assist in the pre-wedding event preparations and other events. Julie is an outstanding host! I would highly recommend using this facility!!!

Patti Wallace

Hi Patti,

Thanks so much for your review. Most especially as a new venue, we are very appreciative of your taking t he time to write a review.

Chloe was a beautiful bride and thanks again for choosing Historic Ann's 1893.

Virginia H. Married on 09/29/2019

Simply FABULOUS in every way!

Awesome doesn’t begin to describe this venue! There are so many options. Every part of this space is magical from the “man cave” on the lower level complete with pool table and a full service kitchen to the bridal party rooms two floors above with lots of space to lounge, make snacks in the cute kitchen alcove or have your hair and makeup done in one of the professional salon chairs. And the outdoor space? Enchanting. The fairy lights strung throughout the trees, brick pathways that wander through the beautifully landscaped yard provide all kinds of photo opportunities. I am really excited about having photos done inside the house and out. And did I mention Julie and David are very easy to work with? Love, Love, Love this place!

Virginia,
    David and I are so grateful to work with you and David. You two are a class act and we so appreciate your willingness to work with us while we navigated the final stages of reformation prior to officially opening. We think you are pretty awesome too and thank you for the kind review. Being new, we really need these. Super grateful. Julie and David.
  • Emily
    Emily C. Married on 09/21/2019

Spacious, yet intimate

My husband and I visited Historic Ann's for the first time in the spring while it was undergoing renovations and fell in love with the old charm of this mansion from the moment we saw it. Julie and David were absolutely wonderful and shared their vision for the property with us. By the time we had left we knew it would be the perfect location for our fall wedding.

Our dream for our wedding day was to have a simple, yet classy, venue where we could share our love with friends and family in an intimate and laid back setting. David and Julie were able to not only turn our dream into a reality but also showcase the mansion's charm in a way that took all our guests breath away.

I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a historic home filled with character, hidden beauties, and elaborate detail.

Historic Ann's 1893's reply:

Thanks so much for this Emily. You and Christian are such beautiful humans. David and I were humbled to have a small role in launching your amazing life together. We look forward to keeping in touch!
    Jared H. Married on 06/01/2019

Simply the Best!

This is a beautiful one of a kind venue! It offers a southern sophistication that cannot be found anywhere else. The details that have gone into the space do not go unnoticed! It was truly love at first sight when I walked through the doors!

Jared,
    Thanks so much for your kind review. You are a joy to work with and a true professional. Union City is lucky to have you and Historic Ann's 1893 is proud to list you as our wedding planner of choice!
    Very best,
    Madison B. Married on 05/18/2019

Great service and location. Highly recommend

My husband, Tyler and I had our wedding reception at Historic Anne’s in May and it was the perfect place for us.
    We worked with Julie on our event and she was on top of everything. I love this beautiful home and the way it all is laid out. We used the kitchen facilities for our event and everything flowed smoothly. Tne kitchen is back from the seating area just enough so that our guests weren’t distracted by any of the food prep going on. It was conveniently located for our main seating area so the servers we hired were on top of getting everyone served quickly and getting the beverages refreshed. I loved it. I’m still hearing compliments a month and a half later. Thanks, Historic Ann’s for providing us the perfect place to host our wedding reception. O would highly recommend.
    Hugs to you, Julie!

Madison B.

Historic Ann's 1893's reply:

Madison, you and Tyler were a joy to work with. David and I felt so incredibly lucky to work with you both. We are so happy we could take a small part in your special memory. Thanks so much for the great review. It means a lot! Hugs to you too, Julie
    Sam W. Married on 04/06/2019

Excellent Venue

Historic Ann's is such a beautiful place for a wedding! Julie was wonderful to work with and so welcoming!

Historic Ann's 1893's reply:

Thanks so much Sam. You have been great to work with and we are looking so forward to your photo shoot with us in July.
    Grant L. Married on 02/01/2019

Incredible!

I was hired as a musician for a class reunion here... The venue was beautiful and packed with history. The owners are outstanding people with a strong reputation in our community. I highly recommend.

Historic Ann's 1893's reply:

Thanks so much Grant. You are such a talented musician and we hope to hire you over and over at our new venue. Thanks for your review!