47 Reviews for hippie chick bakery

Organic (3)
Cupcakes (1)
Lactose Free (1)
47 hippie chick bakery Reviews

Amy was wonderful to work with and was flexible when our guest list size changed. To quote one of my guests "this is the best wedding cake I have ever had!" Amy offers a huge array of flavors (from classics like vanilla to lime and pink champagne) and was wonderful to work with.

Profile Picture Sharra, 6/11/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Organic, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Gluten Free

Delicious and Beautiful. Perfectly captures our UP! themed idea. Even made a small mailbox and our cat Willow and dog Dylan. It was so perfect!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We found Hippie Chick Bakery after a recommendation from a wedding planner and an internet search. We fiancé is very gluten sensitive, so we need to find a baker that could accommodate. We met with Amy for a tasting and she was wonderful. Very talented. She made the most beautiful cake for us and it was exactly what we wanted. We highly recommend Hippie Chick Bakery!!

Profile Picture Susan, 8/7/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Gluten Free

Amy was a pleasure to work with. We loved that she offers vegan flavors, which were delicious. The cake tasting was a highlight of our wedding planning, in part due to her friendly chickens in the backyard :) She thoughtfully designed the cake to be a perfect compliment to our wedding theme, and the final product was beautiful.

Profile Picture Meg & Ray, 5/29/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Lactose Free, Vegan, Organic, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

I am vegan and my nephew has a nut allergy. I initially chose to meet with Amy at Hippie Chick Bakery because her facility is dedicated nut free. When I went to her shop I was very impressed with her whole operation. I told her what I wanted and I tasted many cake and frosting flavors. I was happy. I think I had pretty high expectations because I absolutely love cake and was really looking forward to my wedding cake. Amy exceeded my expectations when I saw the cake for the first time. It was absolutely beautiful. I could not have asked for anything better. And for the size (five tiers) and the quality, I think the price was more than reasonable. My guests (most of whom were not vegan) loved the cake and my nephew could eat it without fear of an allergy attack. It was perfect. I highly recommend Hippie Chick Bakery.

Profile Picture Becky, 10/17/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Vegan

Amy did an amazing job on our Vegan Mountain wedding cake. I can't even count how many guests said it was the coolest cake they have ever seen. We also appreciated that she was able to deliver over 2 hours away. We highly recommend Amy!

Profile Picture rebecca, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Hippie Chick Bakery was part of our package through Clay Hill Farm, and we are so happy it was recommended (which made the decision easy and convenient). We met with Amy several months before our Oct 2nd wedding, and did a cake testing. She had several varieties of cake and frostings of our choosing from their large selection. We went with several different varieties (I think 4 different combinations of frosting and cakes for the cupcakes, and a different one for the two tiered cake), and she was open to a last minute change we had as well. She did beautiful artwork on our the cake (which was also very reasonably priced), and our guests LOVED the cupcakes. I cannot wait to eat more of the cake on our first year anniversary!
Side Note: One of our guests has a tree nut allergy and never gets to eat cake at weddings....Hippie Chicks is a tree nut free facility so he was able to enjoy the delicious dessert !

Profile Picture User5593669, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Gluten Free, Vegan, Organic
1.0

I was very excited to have Hippie Chick make a vegan gluten free wedding cake after I tasted several flavors and chose marble with mocha filling. Because of all the glowing reviews, I felt confident that we would have a beautiful cake that I could eat and that our guests would also enjoy. Unfortunately that is not what happened. The cake was delivered over an hour later than promised, but the design was lovely with our cake topper and it was set up just prior to our guests entering the reception room. However it was not the cake I'd ordered and I now suspect that it was delivered so late because Amy screwed it up. Instead of a light chocolate/vanilla swirl marble cake like what I'd sampled a year before, it was very dense and appeared to be a layer of dark chocolate and another beige colored layer with something crunchy in it. One guest said to me (before I'd tasted it), "you're brave to have a cake with nuts in it." I wondered what she was talking about! My Mother took one bite, thought it was a fruit cake (that's how heavy it was) and put it down. My new husband also had only one bite, then went to the caterer's dessert table. I didn't realize till the next day when I opened the box with the top layer that the caterer had given us as we left the reception that this was not a marble cake. I was so disappointed. I left Amy a message and sent an email. She sent a very curt reply to my email that it was a marble cake and that she would not discuss it with me. As I got more negative feedback from my family & friends about the cake over the next couple of days, I sent Amy 2 follow-up emails which she ignored. I don't write negative reviews unless I'm extremely upset or disappointed, and this experience with Hippie Chick certainly qualifies.

Profile Picture Teresa, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We had Hippie Chick make our gluten free wedding cake for us and cupcakes for our guests. We discussed what we wanted and they made it come alive. When we saw the presentation, it was exactly what we pictured. Our guests LOVED it and we couldn't have been more please.

Profile Picture Brianna, 8/22/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I recently celebrated our 50th anniversary at Clay Hill Farm and Hippie Chick Bakery provided a beautiful cake. Amy was wonderful in designing a tiered cake that was decorated in gold ribbon with our names and wedding date written in gold. And the cake was delicious!!

Profile Picture Karen and Ken, 8/16/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Hippie Chicks bakery came with the all-inclusice wedding package through Clay Hill Farms. I am glad that they did. Hippie Chicks bakery worked within our buget for the all inclusive, however was flexible to give use a smaller cake and a grooms cake. We even got to pick two different flavors of cake and icing for the two cakes. They were very professional and the cakes tasted amazing.

Profile Picture User4225163, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Hippie Chick Bakery is wonderful on so many levels! First off, Amy is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She is very accommodating and helpful. Second, the cake was literally one of the best things I have ever tasted!! We ordered the apple cake with caramel filling and the guests are STILL talking about how delicious it was! The cake also looked gorgeous, and it was obvious that Amy truly cared about putting all her effort info making a unique, beautiful and tasty cake. We highly recommend Hippie Chick!

Profile Picture Jackie, 11/1/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Hippie Chick was such a pleasure to work with! Great creative ideas to help us bring out what we wanted for our wedding cake. The cake was OUT OF THIS WORLD! The best cake we have ever had!

Profile Picture Gunnar, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I worked with Amy at Hippie Chick Bakery from afar, and she created the perfect cake for us. It was exactly what we wanted and tasted amazing.

Profile Picture User4032404, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Let me start by saying my wedding cake was absolutely STUNNING and DELICIOUS! I couldn't have asked for anything more. She managed to match my color perfectly for the "ribbon" on the cake, even though it was a challenging color to match (champagne/blush). The flavor I chose was coconut with coconut and chocolate buttercream filling and coconut frosting.
Amy was great from start to finish. I was in town only a couple days to plan my wedding and she was willing to see me on short notice for a tasting. My sister and I both loved the cake and she isn't even a cake person! The flavors were delicious and the buttercream filling was so incredible. We couldn't stop until it was all gone. She drew me 4 cake options based on what I told her I liked and then added some great ideas. That was so helpful especially since I needed to make my final decisions from overseas. I ordered a birthday cake for my mom and a sample of my wedding cake just to be sure I was making the best final decisions for flavors and they were both great. Amy was really easy to work with and she really listened to what I wanted and delivered it perfectly. I would not hesitate to order from her again. I can't wait to get the "extra" cake out of the freezer when we get back at Christmas.

Profile Picture User4398062, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I loved working with Amy at Hippie Chick Bakery! I love the way that she runs her business- her eggs come from her own chickens, who live happy healthy lives in her yard. She is extremely accommodating for allergies. This was so awesome for me since I have a dairy allergy- I was able to enjoy our wedding cake in peace! And it was absolutely delicious- none of our guests knew it was dairy free. When I first told my mom she was unsure but going to the cake tasting beforehand convinced her! (The cake tasting was definitely the best part of all the planning!) And Amy can create basically any flavor. She is so talented. Thank you Amy!

Profile Picture User2870563, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
3.9

Amy was really helpful in helping us design our wedding cake. We had no idea what we wanted, and she was really great in hearing ideas of what we want and instantly sketching them into reality. The cake tasting was fun too - lots of flavors to sample. We chose Hippie Chick because of the amount of the vegan cake options, that were just as good if not better than the "normal" cake options. Originally we were going to get a vegan layer for me, and do the rest of the cake regular but since the price was the same and we liked the vegan better, we got the whole cake vegan. Guests really enjoyed the cake and were shocked to hear that it was vegan. Difficult to get a hold of Amy sometimes via phone or email since I believe it's a one woman company, but she came through in the end. We plan on going back in the future.

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Amy was amazing to work with, she was thorough, professional, & easy to communicate with. We met with her once prior to the wedding and she sketched out our ideas. Her 3-tiered lemon cake, with butter cream, was melt in your mouth amazing! I would recommend her to anyone for their wedding day. The cake served plenty of people, with a bit left over. The texture of the cake was perfect, we gave her a piece of fabric, matching the bride's maids dresses and she nailed it. All of the guests raved about the cake, I've never been to a wedding where the guests spoke so highly of the wedding cake, never mind our very own wedding.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was beautiful, vegan, and cheap even when we added the extra cost of travel from Rhode island! We were so impressed with the baker's talents and her willingness to get creative :)

Profile Picture Alicia, 6/21/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We definitely recommend the Hippie Chick Bakery to couples planning their wedding! We were impressed with the creative cake design options, ultimately opting for a cake that was a bit unconventional and was designed beautifully. Amy created a unique design, making it look like birch bark, which went perfectly with our rustic theme. The tasting process was thorough and delicious. We left with a clear vision of the flavor combination we wanted for our cake (chocolate chunk cake with cappuccino buttercream). She was very helpful in making sure our custom cake topper was put securely on the cake and the delivery and setup process was completely smooth. All in all, it was a wonderful experience working with Amy and the Hippie Chick Bakery.

Profile Picture Kate, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake looked great and tasted amazing. The bakery location is off the beaten path and in her basement but I had no complaints.

Profile Picture User3324483, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Delicious! Best Cake we have ever had. These are just some of the responses we received from our guests. Amy did such a wonderful job creating the most amazing cake. We would highly recommend her to anyone that wants a scrumptious cake that is also beautiful.

Profile Picture Deb & Russ, 5/4/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved our cakes! They looked and tasted great. Amy was very nice to work with. She was so helpful, and made it easy to order what we wanted. Especially since we were planning our wedding from the complete opposite coast!

Profile Picture Marissa, 9/22/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Wow, Hippie Chick Bakery was more amazing than we ever could have imagined. From the tasting to the final moments of bringing the cake to the wedding, everything was perfect. We had dietary constraints (one bride was vegan, a few gluten free guests, and someone who was intolerant of soy), and Hippie Chick accommodated everyone. Also, the cake looked FABULOUS. It was artistic, it was beautiful, it was elegant, it was incredible. And, it was delicious. None of our guests would ever have thought it was a vegan cake, since it was the best wedding cake anyone had ever tasted! We cannot recommend Hippie Chick Bakery enough!

Profile Picture Sherri, 8/18/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was awesome from the Hippie chick bakery. I was really set on getting Boston Cream pie as that was what my family has always had instead of a traditional cake. When we started talking to vendors, it seemed too difficult to do as it needs to be refrigerated and can't really be layered due to its weight. Amy made us a traditional cake (chocolate and Baileys which was sooo good) for the cake cutting and also Boston cream pies to serve. I also had seen something in a magazine where the lyric to the first dance was written around the bottom layer of the cake. I brought in a picture of it and she did a better job than the magazine. She was so easy to work with and the cakes were absolutely beyond delicious. I also love that she uses local ingredients whenever possible to the point where the eggs come from her backyard chicken coop. I just wish we got to eat more of the cake at the wedding, but it's a good excuse to order from her again!

My only tip is if you're driving to her house follow the website's directions - GPS was not our friend when we drove there. But the end result was definitely worth any trouble getting there. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Kate, 6/16/12, 5 Reviews