hippie chick bakery Reviews

49 | Exeter, NH

49 Reviews for hippie chick bakery

49 hippie chick bakery Reviews

Christine · Married on 08/25/2018

Her cakes are amazing ! The choices she gives you make it so hard to decide because each combination tastes fantastic ,

Sent on 08/28/2018

hippie chick bakery's reply:

Congratulations! Thank you for your lovely review, it was a pleasure and honor to be a part your wedding (and rehearsal dinner!)

Sharra · Married on 06/11/2017

Amy was wonderful to work with and was flexible when our guest list size changed. To quote one of my guests "this is the best wedding cake I have ever had!" Amy offers a huge array of flavors (from classics like vanilla to lime and pink champagne) and was wonderful to work with.

Sent on 06/19/2017

hippie chick bakery's reply:

It was a pleasure to work with you both - Congratulations!

Heather · Married on 06/10/2017

Delicious and Beautiful. Perfectly captures our UP! themed idea. Even made a small mailbox and our cat Willow and dog Dylan. It was so perfect!

Sent on 11/20/2017

hippie chick bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review - it was an honor to be a part of your wedding! What a great time creating the design with both of you, and wonderful to hear that you loved the finished result as much as I did Congratulations again!

Susan · Married on 08/07/2016

We found Hippie Chick Bakery after a recommendation from a wedding planner and an internet search. We fiancé is very gluten sensitive, so we need to find a baker that could accommodate. We met with Amy for a tasting and she was wonderful. Very talented. She made the most beautiful cake for us and it was exactly what we wanted. We highly recommend Hippie Chick Bakery!!

Sent on 08/08/2017

hippie chick bakery's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review! Happy anniversary!

Meg & Ray · Married on 05/29/2016

Amy was a pleasure to work with. We loved that she offers vegan flavors, which were delicious. The cake tasting was a highlight of our wedding planning, in part due to her friendly chickens in the backyard :) She thoughtfully designed the cake to be a perfect compliment to our wedding theme, and the final product was beautiful.

Sent on 06/18/2016

hippie chick bakery's reply:

Hi Meg and Ray, thanks so much for the kind words! It was wonderful to be a part of your wedding

Becky · Married on 10/17/2015

I am vegan and my nephew has a nut allergy. I initially chose to meet with Amy at Hippie Chick Bakery because her facility is dedicated nut free. When I went to her shop I was very impressed with her whole operation. I told her what I wanted and I tasted many cake and frosting flavors. I was happy. I think I had pretty high expectations because I absolutely love cake and was really looking forward to my wedding cake. Amy exceeded my expectations when I saw the cake for the first time. It was absolutely beautiful. I could not have asked for anything better. And for the size (five tiers) and the quality, I think the price was more than reasonable. My guests (most of whom were not vegan) loved the cake and my nephew could eat it without fear of an allergy attack. It was perfect. I highly recommend Hippie Chick Bakery.

rebecca · Married on 10/03/2015

Amy did an amazing job on our Vegan Mountain wedding cake. I can't even count how many guests said it was the coolest cake they have ever seen. We also appreciated that she was able to deliver over 2 hours away. We highly recommend Amy!

Hippie Chick Bakery was part of our package through Clay Hill Farm, and we are so happy it was recommended (which made the decision easy and convenient). We met with Amy several months before our Oct 2nd wedding, and did a cake testing. She had several varieties of cake and frostings of our choosing from their large selection. We went with several different varieties (I think 4 different combinations of frosting and cakes for the cupcakes, and a different one for the two tiered cake), and she was open to a last minute change we had as well. She did beautiful artwork on our the cake (which was also very reasonably priced), and our guests LOVED the cupcakes. I cannot wait to eat more of the cake on our first year anniversary!
    Side Note: One of our guests has a tree nut allergy and never gets to eat cake at weddings....Hippie Chicks is a tree nut free facility so he was able to enjoy the delicious dessert !

Brianna · Married on 08/22/2015

We had Hippie Chick make our gluten free wedding cake for us and cupcakes for our guests. We discussed what we wanted and they made it come alive. When we saw the presentation, it was exactly what we pictured. Our guests LOVED it and we couldn't have been more please.

Karen and Ken · Married on 08/16/2015

My husband and I recently celebrated our 50th anniversary at Clay Hill Farm and Hippie Chick Bakery provided a beautiful cake. Amy was wonderful in designing a tiered cake that was decorated in gold ribbon with our names and wedding date written in gold. And the cake was delicious!!

Hippie Chicks bakery came with the all-inclusice wedding package through Clay Hill Farms. I am glad that they did. Hippie Chicks bakery worked within our buget for the all inclusive, however was flexible to give use a smaller cake and a grooms cake. We even got to pick two different flavors of cake and icing for the two cakes. They were very professional and the cakes tasted amazing.

Gunnar · Married on 09/20/2014

Hippie Chick was such a pleasure to work with! Great creative ideas to help us bring out what we wanted for our wedding cake. The cake was OUT OF THIS WORLD! The best cake we have ever had!

I worked with Amy at Hippie Chick Bakery from afar, and she created the perfect cake for us. It was exactly what we wanted and tasted amazing.

Let me start by saying my wedding cake was absolutely STUNNING and DELICIOUS! I couldn't have asked for anything more. She managed to match my color perfectly for the "ribbon" on the cake, even though it was a challenging color to match (champagne/blush). The flavor I chose was coconut with coconut and chocolate buttercream filling and coconut frosting.
    Amy was great from start to finish. I was in town only a couple days to plan my wedding and she was willing to see me on short notice for a tasting. My sister and I both loved the cake and she isn't even a cake person! The flavors were delicious and the buttercream filling was so incredible. We couldn't stop until it was all gone. She drew me 4 cake options based on what I told her I liked and then added some great ideas. That was so helpful especially since I needed to make my final decisions from overseas. I ordered a birthday cake for my mom and a sample of my wedding cake just to be sure I was making the best final decisions for flavors and they were both great. Amy was really easy to work with and she really listened to what I wanted and delivered it perfectly. I would not hesitate to order from her again. I can't wait to get the "extra" cake out of the freezer when we get back at Christmas.

I loved working with Amy at Hippie Chick Bakery! I love the way that she runs her business- her eggs come from her own chickens, who live happy healthy lives in her yard. She is extremely accommodating for allergies. This was so awesome for me since I have a dairy allergy- I was able to enjoy our wedding cake in peace! And it was absolutely delicious- none of our guests knew it was dairy free. When I first told my mom she was unsure but going to the cake tasting beforehand convinced her! (The cake tasting was definitely the best part of all the planning!) And Amy can create basically any flavor. She is so talented. Thank you Amy!

Jennifer · Married on 07/26/2014

Amy was amazing to work with, she was thorough, professional, & easy to communicate with. We met with her once prior to the wedding and she sketched out our ideas. Her 3-tiered lemon cake, with butter cream, was melt in your mouth amazing! I would recommend her to anyone for their wedding day. The cake served plenty of people, with a bit left over. The texture of the cake was perfect, we gave her a piece of fabric, matching the bride's maids dresses and she nailed it. All of the guests raved about the cake, I've never been to a wedding where the guests spoke so highly of the wedding cake, never mind our very own wedding.

Alicia · Married on 06/21/2014

Our wedding cake was beautiful, vegan, and cheap even when we added the extra cost of travel from Rhode island! We were so impressed with the baker's talents and her willingness to get creative :)

Deb & Russ · Married on 05/04/2013

Delicious! Best Cake we have ever had. These are just some of the responses we received from our guests. Amy did such a wonderful job creating the most amazing cake. We would highly recommend her to anyone that wants a scrumptious cake that is also beautiful.

Marissa · Married on 09/22/2012

We loved our cakes! They looked and tasted great. Amy was very nice to work with. She was so helpful, and made it easy to order what we wanted. Especially since we were planning our wedding from the complete opposite coast!

Sherri · Married on 08/18/2012

Wow, Hippie Chick Bakery was more amazing than we ever could have imagined. From the tasting to the final moments of bringing the cake to the wedding, everything was perfect. We had dietary constraints (one bride was vegan, a few gluten free guests, and someone who was intolerant of soy), and Hippie Chick accommodated everyone. Also, the cake looked FABULOUS. It was artistic, it was beautiful, it was elegant, it was incredible. And, it was delicious. None of our guests would ever have thought it was a vegan cake, since it was the best wedding cake anyone had ever tasted! We cannot recommend Hippie Chick Bakery enough!

Kate · Married on 06/16/2012

Our cake was awesome from the Hippie chick bakery. I was really set on getting Boston Cream pie as that was what my family has always had instead of a traditional cake. When we started talking to vendors, it seemed too difficult to do as it needs to be refrigerated and can't really be layered due to its weight. Amy made us a traditional cake (chocolate and Baileys which was sooo good) for the cake cutting and also Boston cream pies to serve. I also had seen something in a magazine where the lyric to the first dance was written around the bottom layer of the cake. I brought in a picture of it and she did a better job than the magazine. She was so easy to work with and the cakes were absolutely beyond delicious. I also love that she uses local ingredients whenever possible to the point where the eggs come from her backyard chicken coop. I just wish we got to eat more of the cake at the wedding, but it's a good excuse to order from her again!

My only tip is if you're driving to her house follow the website's directions - GPS was not our friend when we drove there. But the end result was definitely worth any trouble getting there. Highly recommended!

Nikki · Married on 05/19/2012

Amy was great to work with! Her cakes are Amazing and she really brought our vision to life on our wedding day. We also love that she has gluten free options, uses eggs from her own chickens and tries to use local ingredients whenever possible - yes!

Amy was warm, professional, and incredibly talented! Not only was our cake specially designed by Amy to match our invitations, but it was delicious! We will definitely order more cakes in the future. In fact, we've ordered one for our first anniversary! We can't say enough about our great experience with Hippie Chick Bakery. It was flawless!

Kamella · Married on 10/07/2011

Amy is fantastic! She is a joy to work with. She is so creative and really listens to what you want. I love how she takes the time during your free tasting to draw up a picture of what she thinks you are saying you want your cake to looks like. She even breaks out the colored pencils.
    Not only did my cake (well cakes, I had a grooms cake as well) look amazing, they tasted so good as well.
    Three tiers, each tier a different flavor, each cake with three filling layers which you can get all different if you'd like as well. AND she does a fabulous pumpkin!
    I also chose Hippie Chick because she does a ridiculous amount of flavors of gluten free and vegan cakes.
    I can't wait til I have a reason to get a cake from her again!

Sent on 11/01/2011

hippie chick bakery's reply:

Congratulations Kami and Jay! It was a pleasure to work with you!

Michelle · Married on 08/13/2011

Amy was amazing. Not only were the cakes and cupcakes beautiful, but they tasted wnonderful. A freind that is a baker had nothing but compliments. I cannot have dairy, and it is hard to find a cake that tastes good, but even my mom, who refuses to try my dairy free foods, loved it.