hippie chick bakery Reviews

hippie chick bakery View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• brooke
    Brooke Married on 07/02/2021

Delicious, beautiful, our dream (cake) come true!

Amy was fabulous to work with from beginning to end. We had a vision of what we wanted our cake to look like and she made it happen perfectly! It was so fun doing a cake testing- so many good flavors of cakes, fillings, frostings- it was so hard to choose! We chose three flavors to go with (lemon, red velvet, double chocolate chunk) and it was to die for. Amy was even great about accomodating for our gluten-free guests. To this day, we are still craving more of our cake!!

hippie chick bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review and the pictures - I loved seeing them!
    I hope you had an absolutely beautiful day - best wishes!
    Ariana L. Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Wedding Cake

Amy was wonderful to work with for our wedding cake! She designed us the perfect cake for us utilizing fresh flowers from our florist and accommodated our need for chocolate and non-chocolate options with her delicious Pink Champagne flavor of cupcakes. She was very detail oriented and helped us work out several specifics that we hadn't thought of initially. All our guests loved her cake and we would highly recommend Hippie Chick Bakery for anyone searching for a wedding or special event cake!
    Maggie Married on 03/30/2019

Everything We Hoped For!!

We continue to receive compliments of Amy’s desserts at our wedding. I wanted some allergy friendly options, as I am dairy free, but was hesitant that guests might notice a difference. After doing the tasting a few months before our wedding, I knew Hippie Chick was the way to go as my family couldn’t believe they were dairy free! Amy was easy to work with, getting in touch multiple times prior to the wedding to go over details and ensure that we had enough dessert. We ended up going with various flavors of mini cupcakes, pastries and cookies- all of which were absolutely fantastic and reasonably priced!! We cannot recommend Amy highly enough, and will absolutely use her for birthday cakes in the future!

hippie chick bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely review - it was wonderful working with you! I hope you both had a beautiful day
    Congratulations!
    amy
  • Alyssia
    Alyssia F. Married on 01/10/2019

Amazing!!!!

Amy is the best when it comes to attention to detail & making this one of the most special & fun experiences during such an important time in your life!! from the beginning at pur out tasting she was so kind & made sure we ended up with exactly what we wanted! not only was our cake gorgeous but it tasted amazing!!! Thank You So much Hippie Chick Bakery for making my dream cake for my dream wedding come to life!!

The Famolares!

hippie chick bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, it was wonderful working with you! I'm glad we could be a special part of your big day
    Christine Married on 08/25/2018
    Her cakes are amazing ! The choices she gives you make it so hard to decide because each combination tastes fantastic ,

hippie chick bakery's reply:

Congratulations! Thank you for your lovely review, it was a pleasure and honor to be a part your wedding (and rehearsal dinner!)
    Lauren Married on 06/29/2018

Amazing, delicious, beautiful!

I was so worried about finding a dairy free cake due to a dairy allergy for my wedding - thank goodness for Hippie Chick! The cake was amazing and the guests did not even know it was dairy free. During our tasting, it was almost impossible to choose just a few flavors, they are all so delicious!

We have since ordered all family birthday and special occasion cakes here.
    Sharra Married on 06/11/2017
    Amy was wonderful to work with and was flexible when our guest list size changed. To quote one of my guests "this is the best wedding cake I have ever had!" Amy offers a huge array of flavors (from classics like vanilla to lime and pink champagne) and was wonderful to work with.

hippie chick bakery's reply:

It was a pleasure to work with you both - Congratulations!
    Heather Married on 06/10/2017
    Delicious and Beautiful. Perfectly captures our UP! themed idea. Even made a small mailbox and our cat Willow and dog Dylan. It was so perfect!

hippie chick bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review - it was an honor to be a part of your wedding! What a great time creating the design with both of you, and wonderful to hear that you loved the finished result as much as I did
    Congratulations again!
    Susan Married on 08/07/2016
    We found Hippie Chick Bakery after a recommendation from a wedding planner and an internet search. We fiancé is very gluten sensitive, so we need to find a baker that could accommodate. We met with Amy for a tasting and she was wonderful. Very talented. She made the most beautiful cake for us and it was exactly what we wanted. We highly recommend Hippie Chick Bakery!!

hippie chick bakery's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review! Happy anniversary!
    Meg R. Married on 05/29/2016
    Amy was a pleasure to work with. We loved that she offers vegan flavors, which were delicious. The cake tasting was a highlight of our wedding planning, in part due to her friendly chickens in the backyard :) She thoughtfully designed the cake to be a perfect compliment to our wedding theme, and the final product was beautiful.

hippie chick bakery's reply:

Hi Meg and Ray, thanks so much for the kind words! It was wonderful to be a part of your wedding
    Becky Married on 10/17/2015
    I am vegan and my nephew has a nut allergy. I initially chose to meet with Amy at Hippie Chick Bakery because her facility is dedicated nut free. When I went to her shop I was very impressed with her whole operation. I told her what I wanted and I tasted many cake and frosting flavors. I was happy. I think I had pretty high expectations because I absolutely love cake and was really looking forward to my wedding cake. Amy exceeded my expectations when I saw the cake for the first time. It was absolutely beautiful. I could not have asked for anything better. And for the size (five tiers) and the quality, I think the price was more than reasonable. My guests (most of whom were not vegan) loved the cake and my nephew could eat it without fear of an allergy attack. It was perfect. I highly recommend Hippie Chick Bakery.
    Rebecca Married on 10/03/2015
    Amy did an amazing job on our Vegan Mountain wedding cake. I can't even count how many guests said it was the coolest cake they have ever seen. We also appreciated that she was able to deliver over 2 hours away. We highly recommend Amy!
  • User2414282 2+ years ago
    Hippie Chick Bakery was part of our package through Clay Hill Farm, and we are so happy it was recommended (which made the decision easy and convenient). We met with Amy several months before our Oct 2nd wedding, and did a cake testing. She had several varieties of cake and frostings of our choosing from their large selection. We went with several different varieties (I think 4 different combinations of frosting and cakes for the cupcakes, and a different one for the two tiered cake), and she was open to a last minute change we had as well. She did beautiful artwork on our the cake (which was also very reasonably priced), and our guests LOVED the cupcakes. I cannot wait to eat more of the cake on our first year anniversary!
    Side Note: One of our guests has a tree nut allergy and never gets to eat cake at weddings....Hippie Chicks is a tree nut free facility so he was able to enjoy the delicious dessert !
    Brianna Married on 08/22/2015
    We had Hippie Chick make our gluten free wedding cake for us and cupcakes for our guests. We discussed what we wanted and they made it come alive. When we saw the presentation, it was exactly what we pictured. Our guests LOVED it and we couldn't have been more please.
    Karen A. Married on 08/16/2015
    My husband and I recently celebrated our 50th anniversary at Clay Hill Farm and Hippie Chick Bakery provided a beautiful cake. Amy was wonderful in designing a tiered cake that was decorated in gold ribbon with our names and wedding date written in gold. And the cake was delicious!!
  • User2148575 2+ years ago
    Hippie Chicks bakery came with the all-inclusice wedding package through Clay Hill Farms. I am glad that they did. Hippie Chicks bakery worked within our buget for the all inclusive, however was flexible to give use a smaller cake and a grooms cake. We even got to pick two different flavors of cake and icing for the two cakes. They were very professional and the cakes tasted amazing.
    Gunnar Married on 09/20/2014
    Hippie Chick was such a pleasure to work with! Great creative ideas to help us bring out what we wanted for our wedding cake. The cake was OUT OF THIS WORLD! The best cake we have ever had!
  • User1789465 2+ years ago
    I worked with Amy at Hippie Chick Bakery from afar, and she created the perfect cake for us. It was exactly what we wanted and tasted amazing.
  • User1857292 2+ years ago
    I loved working with Amy at Hippie Chick Bakery! I love the way that she runs her business- her eggs come from her own chickens, who live happy healthy lives in her yard. She is extremely accommodating for allergies. This was so awesome for me since I have a dairy allergy- I was able to enjoy our wedding cake in peace! And it was absolutely delicious- none of our guests knew it was dairy free. When I first told my mom she was unsure but going to the cake tasting beforehand convinced her! (The cake tasting was definitely the best part of all the planning!) And Amy can create basically any flavor. She is so talented. Thank you Amy!
  • User1809077 2+ years ago
    Let me start by saying my wedding cake was absolutely STUNNING and DELICIOUS! I couldn't have asked for anything more. She managed to match my color perfectly for the "ribbon" on the cake, even though it was a challenging color to match (champagne/blush). The flavor I chose was coconut with coconut and chocolate buttercream filling and coconut frosting.
    Amy was great from start to finish. I was in town only a couple days to plan my wedding and she was willing to see me on short notice for a tasting. My sister and I both loved the cake and she isn't even a cake person! The flavors were delicious and the buttercream filling was so incredible. We couldn't stop until it was all gone. She drew me 4 cake options based on what I told her I liked and then added some great ideas. That was so helpful especially since I needed to make my final decisions from overseas. I ordered a birthday cake for my mom and a sample of my wedding cake just to be sure I was making the best final decisions for flavors and they were both great. Amy was really easy to work with and she really listened to what I wanted and delivered it perfectly. I would not hesitate to order from her again. I can't wait to get the "extra" cake out of the freezer when we get back at Christmas.
    Jennifer Married on 07/26/2014
    Amy was amazing to work with, she was thorough, professional, & easy to communicate with. We met with her once prior to the wedding and she sketched out our ideas. Her 3-tiered lemon cake, with butter cream, was melt in your mouth amazing! I would recommend her to anyone for their wedding day. The cake served plenty of people, with a bit left over. The texture of the cake was perfect, we gave her a piece of fabric, matching the bride's maids dresses and she nailed it. All of the guests raved about the cake, I've never been to a wedding where the guests spoke so highly of the wedding cake, never mind our very own wedding.
    Alicia Married on 06/21/2014
    Our wedding cake was beautiful, vegan, and cheap even when we added the extra cost of travel from Rhode island! We were so impressed with the baker's talents and her willingness to get creative :)
    Deb R. Married on 05/04/2013
    Delicious! Best Cake we have ever had. These are just some of the responses we received from our guests. Amy did such a wonderful job creating the most amazing cake. We would highly recommend her to anyone that wants a scrumptious cake that is also beautiful.
    Marissa Married on 09/22/2012
    We loved our cakes! They looked and tasted great. Amy was very nice to work with. She was so helpful, and made it easy to order what we wanted. Especially since we were planning our wedding from the complete opposite coast!
    Sherri Married on 08/18/2012
    Wow, Hippie Chick Bakery was more amazing than we ever could have imagined. From the tasting to the final moments of bringing the cake to the wedding, everything was perfect. We had dietary constraints (one bride was vegan, a few gluten free guests, and someone who was intolerant of soy), and Hippie Chick accommodated everyone. Also, the cake looked FABULOUS. It was artistic, it was beautiful, it was elegant, it was incredible. And, it was delicious. None of our guests would ever have thought it was a vegan cake, since it was the best wedding cake anyone had ever tasted! We cannot recommend Hippie Chick Bakery enough!