Hip Service Reviews

78 | San Francisco, CA

78 Reviews for Hip Service

1 User photo

Nancy · Married on 05/13/2017

We had Hip Service play at our daughter's wedding and from the beginning they were a delight to work with. Not only were they responsive, flexible and accommodating but they sounded fantastic! From their jazz trio that played during cocktails, to the dance portion of the evening, they got rave reviews from all of our vendors and guests. The dance floor was always filled! I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Anne · Married on 05/13/2017

Steve and his team are incredible!! I've worked with many bands as a wedding planner but Hip Service really knocked my socks off. Not only are they musically talented, they are extremely professional. They put me at ease while keeping the energy high on the dance floor. I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Megan · Married on 10/22/2016

BOOK THIS BAND. This was the first vendor I booked outside of our venue and I couldn't have been happier with them! They will make your wedding. We loved everything about them. They are super responsive, easy to work with and very professional. They kept the dance floor packed. The even let my husbands college band play when they took a break. Book them if you want to have any amazing wedding. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/19/2016

Amelia · Married on 08/27/2016

This band is perfection. They were the first vendor we picked because when we got engaged my cousin had just been to a wedding with Hip Service and immediately told us about them. And they were just as good as we expected. Everyone was dancing the entire night and kept coming up to us telling us how great this band was. They were a dream to work with and were very professional. They also had very few demands compared to some others. They learned a song for us, and let us create a long song list. If you want a great dance party, this is the band to use!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Rachel · Married on 06/18/2016

Steve was very responsive and helped coordinate everything - including a few last minute A/V add-ons. The band was amazing and very well practiced and coordinated. They learned a few special songs for us and otherwise had a perfect wedding set list that covered a bunch of genres and all of the wedding hits you'd expect. I'd definitely recommend Hip Service for a wedding or frankly any event where you'd want a great, versatile band.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/11/2016

This band is AMAZING! They performed at our wedding in June and I cannot stop talking about them. Eleven members performed at our dancing reception, and three of the band members performed as a Jazz Trio during the dinner reception. They played everything we asked for and more! They are extremely talented and amazing to see live. If I lived in the area, I would go see them play any chance I could. THANK YOU, HIP SERVICE!

Sent on 07/19/2016

If you are looking for a band for your wedding, this is THE ONE! Excellent music, total professionalism, and they make your event!

We wanted something that was truly special and a surprise for our guests - and Hip Service was exactly that! We had our wedding at the Four Seasons Hotel in San Francisco, so you can imagine the bar any band had to clear to be surprise worthy - we didn't even tell our family we had a band. Like everyone, we went through the "bands are so expensive" phase and once past that (we realized that the impact of the live band would make the night), we found out that the difference between a common band (what I call an "Art and Wine Festival Band" - one that plays a bunch of old stuff that the Zumba people can move to) and the real deal (one that you can depend on to take your event to the next level), was really not that much. With Hip Service, you get current songs, played by professionals that know how to keep the party going! We had they put together a small Jazz band for dinner and then bring out the full band, complete with horn section (sorry - I'm a trumpet player, so this was a huge jump for me), for the full on dance party.

They kept everyone on the dance floor all night - including my teenage nieces and nephews all the way to my almost 80yo Dad. My Dad actually shut the whole thing down with the hard core party friends and family.

The number one comment about the wedding the next day (and still) was "That Band was amazing!...That was the best wedding EVER." I guess our surprise worked - Hip Service is THE reason that we and our guests had a great time and felt that the wedding was the best ever. If you are planning an event, don't blow it by going with a crappy band...Go with Hip Service and the rest will take care of itself.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Nelli · Married on 10/24/2015

Hip Service is truly amazing! They played at my wedding on Oct 24th, 2015 at the Ritz-Carlton SF and they had everyone dancing. Everyone thought they were amazing. We got so many compliments about the band that my parents friends are even asking about them and want to hire them for other performances. My friends all said the band "killed it!" They have so much energy, excellent voices, and Steve (manager) is very flexible in terms of working with you to meet your needs and requests. They truly made the night! Stop your search right here. Seriously. Hire this band. I feel so fortunate they had an opening the date of my wedding. I shudder to think at the other band options I came across in my search...best decision ever to hire them!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/03/2015

We are still talking about how much fun we had with this band!!

Sent on 11/09/2015

I researched and interviewed numerous bands and ultimately chose Hip Service because they were exactly what I was looking for -- a high-energy party band with horns, multiple male and female singers, a song list with current party pop songs, oldies but goodies and all around classics....not to mention a band manager that was super responsive, attentive to details and on the same page with our vision for the night, which was to focus on having a super fun party.

The band manager, Steve Bloom, made working with Hip Service an absolute joy. I interviewed Steve over the phone and knew when we hung up that he and Hip Service were the right band for the job. I of course watched several videos, listened to songs and scoured their song list beforehand, but after speaking with him, it was his enthusiasm for crafting the night however we wanted that sold it for me.

When it came to the actual reception, Hip Service was simply incredible! I'm not kidding -- nearly everyone asked where we found such an awesome band!? I've never been to a wedding where there were so many compliments on the band, seriously. People were flooding the dance floor the entire night and all I saw was huge grins on everyone's faces. People are still talking about how awesome the band was. Numerous people said something along the lines of "that wasn't just a wedding band, that was our own private concert!" Not to mention, they owned the room from 7pm until midnight....nearly 5 hours with only two short breaks. They also provided uplighting for our reception room that looked amazing!

I really can't recommend any wedding band any more highly!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Elaine · Married on 09/06/2015

This band and their leader were them best. All the wedding guests raved how great they were. The leader was a joy to work with in preparation and had a "can do" attitude and did. This is my third wedding we put on for our children and this was the best band including the famous one we used in LA.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Adam · Married on 08/08/2015

Hip Service: book them! These guys ROCKED our wedding! Our guests are still raving about what an experience it was.

Steve and team were very accommodating to all our input and customized the playlist and emceeing perfectly. The contracting was smooth, and when we had some last minute changes they handled them with ease.

And the dance floor - wow! Starting with dinner music people were out there dancing. But after they started the dance set, every last person was out there - I've never seen anything like it. The band is pitch perfect and beautifully choreographed, with an incredible level of talent throughout. They interact with the crowd which is really cool - sometimes it's hard to tell where the band stops. One of the best moments was toward the end when a few older guests finally needed a break and sat down - but they were still staring wide-eyed at what a great show they were seeing.

Bottom line: music is important to us and a very memorable part of any wedding (good OR bad). If Hip Service fits your budget and is available, you should book them without hesitation.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Parker · Married on 05/02/2015

If you have the money and hip service has the availability there is no reaso to even consider another option, hands down the best dance band you can hire. So good in fact I'm getting tired of hearing how good the band was as I was hoping to hear how beautiful my bride looked.

Sent on 05/06/2015

Parker · Married on 05/02/2015

This band is amazing, yes perhaps on the pay scale they are at the high end but you get what you pay for. Best wedding band ever!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Amazing performance! Everyone was on the dance floor the whole night and all the guests told me how much they loved the band. Perfect music selection and the band even learned the song for our first dance! The singers are truly talented, as are all musicians in the band--a great choice all around!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Catherine · Married on 11/22/2014

Hip Service made our wedding night truly a SUCCESS! They were truly outstanding, and we received numerous compliments. All of our Guests were even on the dance for before dinner was served. Steve was extremely flexible and responsive, and they learned our first dance song for us and nailed it. We have received numerous compliments from our Guests telling us how awesome our band was at the wedding. Thank you Hip Service for EVERYTHING!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Hip Service was fantastic! I was a little bit nervous about hiring them without hearing them live first, but they were so professional, responsive, and willing to provide references (all traits I did not find with other bands I looked at) that I was encouraged and was willing to line them up. They did not disappoint! My friends all said the band was so, so great. They played a lot of newer, modern hits (by request) and mixed in some of the more traditional wedding stuff that people of all ages enjoyed. They have great energy and were a ton of fun. Would definitely recommend, especially given their professionalism and willingness to suggest other music vendors (like great ceremony and cocktail hour music). You will be happy you selected Hip Service!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Jillian · Married on 09/13/2014

We contacted Hip Service the week after we got engaged. They were the first vendor we booked (before confirming a date or venue) and it was by far the best decision we made. We knew a band can make or break a wedding and Hip Service took our wedding to “The Next Level.” The band and singers were phenomenal. They kept the dance floor packed all night long. Steve (the band leader and point of contact) was so wonderful to work with. He was professional, responsive, and accommodating. We are continuing to get rave reviews about how much fun our guests had and how amazing Hip Service was! Snatch them up for your wedding before they are taken!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Rob · Married on 09/06/2014

Couldn't have asked for a better wedding band. It has been 3 weeks since our wedding and friends are still talking about Hip Service and how they were the best band they have heard at a wedding. Not only was the musicianship high, they were very good at keeping people on the dance floor the entire evening. They learned two songs for us and after learning what kind of music we were looking for took control of the entire playlist. They closed with Shout and Don't Stop Believing and there were few of or 200 guests not on the dance floor for them. I highly recommend them and already have 3 friends who were at are wedding who are interested in having them play at their respected future events.

Sent on 09/27/2014

Serena · Married on 08/31/2014

Hip Service made our party. They were the highlight of the wedding and weeks later people are STILL raving about them. They played a wide variety of music and kept the party going all night. It was a pleasure working with Steve who made sure everything went perfectly. Would use them again in a second and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Alyse · Married on 08/30/2014

Hip Service made our wedding reception the best wedding party (many of our guests commented "it was the best wedding ever!" (other than their own :))!! Steve and his team was very professional while we discussed all the details from the song list to the schedule of the night and any specific songs that we would like them to learn. Everything was executed flawlessly and we were able to enjoy our party without any concerns along with our loved ones. The dance floor was always full (and we had a very large dance floor - almost everyone was up the entire evening - even during the dinner music!)! Many guests commented how there were many times that they had to look up and check if it was really the band playing because they sounded so amazing and just like the original artists! They play such a wide range of music - every age group was happy! They were also very engaging even coming down on the dance floor to interact with the guests - just so much fun! By midnight we didn't want them to end, so we paid for an extra hour - so worth it! If you want to have the best wedding reception ever - I would highly recommend using Hip Service!!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Jim · Married on 08/23/2014

Speaking as the father of the bride, I can only say that the band was excellent, which is an understatement. It helped in no small way to make my daughter's wedding a very memorable event.. Almost all of the guests, both family and friends expressed that they felt the same way. The band also seemed to really enjoy the evening themselves and they were all very friendly with the audience, which is also an extra special benefit I think. They are very good at "personalizing" the music with the bride, groom and family. Their band members were all extremely talented and their variety of music was outstanding. They are all also very attractive, which doesn't hurt :) They made the party after the ceremony absolutely great !

Sent on 09/03/2014

Hip Service was the highlight of our wedding. The band has so much energy and sounded absolutely outstanding. Complete professionals who learned a new song for our first dance the week before the wedding. Would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Tony · Married on 06/28/2014

Hip Service really delivered on our wedding and made the reception truly awesome! Friends and family, young and old danced the entire night, only stopping briefly to cool off or refill a drink. Steve was extremely professional on the business side and even had the band learn a special song ("Tupelo Honey") for our first dance. Pricier than most, maybe, however this 11 piece, well-oiled machine made every dollar worth it. So good!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Suzanne · Married on 02/01/2014

Hip Service is the best wedding band I've ever seen. They very easy to work with during the planning process, they learned 2 new songs for me and did a great job. My guests began dancing before the reception even began! While my new husband and I were waiting to enter the reception to be introduced, we had to wait for our guests to stop dancing! That was truly amazing, that were able to generate such amazing energy from the crowd, exactly what I wanted. Hip Service set the tone for our wedding and made it the best night of our lives. I would love love love to hire Hip Service again, and I intend to do so! I've also received compliments from almost every guest regarding how great the band was. Fun, energetic, played a wide range of songs and very flexible with requests etc..

Sent on 02/13/2014