Hip Service Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

James Married on 09/10/2021

Music + Show

Amazing band who rocked our wedding. Played all the music we wanted to hear. They were flexible as we had to postpone wedding due to COVID and almost ha d to cancel second time due to fires in Tahoe.
    Lauren S. Married on 08/06/2021

HipService is the best in the business!

HIGHLY recommend HipService as your band! They were our wedding band in Lake Tahoe and we absolutely loved them. Many of our guests said it was the best part of the wedding.
    Steve was super easy to communicate with and made all of our requests happen!
    Definitely recommend, they were the best!
    Dana Married on 07/24/2021

Simply The Best!

Hip Service is the best there is in the business! They are so easy to work with, talented, and engaging! They knew how to keep the dance floor going and get all the guests involved. HIGHLY recommend if you’re looking for wedding entertainment. Our guest and myself and husband cannot stop talking about what a great time we had on the dance floor! Thank you Hip Service!
    El S Married on 07/17/2021

Hip Service is the best!

What I cared about most at my wedding, besides marrying my husband, was the dancing. Hip Service listened to our "do not play list" perfectly and even learned a reggae song for our first dance... and rocked it! They brought so much energy and fun. The guests were in awe, and I didn't leave the dance floor.
  • Scott
    Scott W. Married on 07/17/2021

Best Wedding Band Ever

Hip Service just played our wedding in Northern California and it was incredible! During the lead up to our wedding all of our vendors were saying how amazing Hip Service was and they were so excited to see them again. The hype seemed almost insurmountable but when they were on stage that absolutely blew everyone away. We had many comments that evening and the next day as well as texts from guest saying "Best Wedding Band Ever!!". The MC did a great job guiding the evening along and then seamlessly took over the roll of bonafide rockstar on stage. All the back up singers were amazing with their choreographed moves and the musicians were on point. The dance floor was crowded and bustling from start to finish. Leading up to the wedding everyone we dealt with logistically from Hip Service was friendly and courteous even though we weren't always the most responsive. They stayed on top of everything and got us to the finish line. I cannot recommend Hip Service enough...5 star everything!
  • Rachel
    Rachel C. Married on 07/11/2021

The best band. Hands down.

Hip Service is the best in the business. Leading up to our wedding, they were incredible to work with - communicative, flexible, willing to learn new songs! The two and a half hours we spent dancing at our wedding was the most fun part of our whole weekend. They did not disappoint for a single song. The majority of our guests were dancing the entire time - a couple guests from our of town even came up to us and told us that they wished a band like this was closer to them. They learned a brand new song (for them) for mine and my husband's first dance, and we were blown away. It's now our favorite rendition of that song. I could not recommend anything more - if you can get Hip Service, you absolutely should.
  • Greg
    Greg C. Married on 07/11/2021

Best Wedding Band

Hip Service was incredible! Their responsiveness, organization, and music were all great. Our wedding guests continue to tell us that Hip Service is the best wedding band they have ever seen. Hip service learned our wedding song and played it better than the original artist. Again, we could not be happier with our choice to go with Hip Service. Make sure to have them play Higher and Higher and Proud Mary!
    Claire M. Married on 05/29/2021

Best. Wedding. Band. Ever.

Hip Service brought the house down during our May 29, 2021 wedding. I believe we were the first large event they had done since COVID began, but they didn’t skip a beat! Their amazing energy, sound, and joy made for a fantastic party. They had everyone on the dance floor the whole evening (and honestly we wish they could’ve played longer!). Even three months later, our guests are still saying that Hip Service is the best wedding band they’ve ever heard! Hands-down best wedding band ever. I’d dance to them again in a heartbeat! 12/10 would recommend.
    (Photos by Janine Licare Photography)
    Rachel W. Married on 07/12/2020

Best band out there!

Our experience with Hip Service was the absolute best. From filling out their extensive questionnaire to the actual performance, they were amazing. Everyone who attended our wedding has asked us who our band was - everyone had the best time!

Hip Service's reply:

Thank you Rachel! What an amazing evening...It was truly our pleasure to be a part of your celebration.
  • Jaclyn
    Jaclyn A. Married on 04/01/2020

One of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding

The band was INCREDIBLE. The second they started performing, everyone was on the dance floor, and no one sat down the rest of the night. I think out of all of the decisions we made for the wedding, this was one of the best. I’ll never forget when the song Dancing Queen came one (my favorite), they prefaced it by saying it was a special request from a special person, and then they let me get on stage with them – it was one of the highlights of the entire wedding and made me SO happy!

Hip Service's reply:

Thank you Jaclyn. It was our greatest pleasure to help you celebrate your special day. You were truly a dancing queen!
    Jeanette L. Married on 03/12/2020

Best Wedding Band!

I honestly didn't know what to expect but we were absolutely thrilled with Hip Service! They had everyone on their feet dancing the entire night. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat! So much fun
  • Char
    Char Married on 10/26/2019

Best Band-Best Decision

This is without a doubt one of the best hires made for our daughter's wedding. They absolutely put on a show and are incredible performers/musicians/singers. Dance floor was packed the entire time. True professionals. If I could rate them higher than a 5, I would. I have heard from so VERY many folks attending the wedding (night of or after the wedding) that it was the best band they have ever heard at a wedding.
    Tim W. Married on 08/17/2019

Best Dance Party Wedding Ever!

All I asked for was a band and Hip Service delivered! Everyone at the wedding was talking about the band the next day and even 6 months after! We couldn't have asked for a more fun evening with family and friends. Hip Service kept the party going throughout the night and had everyone from the kids to grandma on their feet!
  • Ted
    Ted A. Married on 08/10/2019

Best wedding band ever

I heard them at a friend's daughter's wedding, and knew I had to hire them for my daughter's wedding. They really made the day and capped off the evening with great music. If I had another daughter, I would hire them in a heartbeat.
    Randi Married on 07/06/2019

Best band ever

I cannot day enough great things about this band- they were AMAZING!! I’ve never seen more New Yorkers up and dancing at a wedding in my life and we are a hard bunch to please. These band was so much fun and so amazing, they kept the crowd going all night long. Steve bloom was a fantastic partner- he accommodated all of our requests and took the time to get to know us and understand what we were looking for. We had some unique requests and he was totally willing to accommodate everything. My guests have not stopped talking about how amazing this band was!!!! I highly highly recommend this band if you’re looking for a fun, non stop dance party wedding :)
  • Tori
    Tori Married on 06/08/2019

The BEST entertainment you could hope for!

I am usually quite the skeptic when it comes to trusting reviews. Planning a wedding from out of state was extremely difficult, especially when it came to finding entertainment! I really wanted a live band and a DJ, and not being able to see anyone live made the choice that much more difficult, but I went with my gut and booked Hip Entertainment! I hired the band Popular Demand and DJ Louie to make sure the party kept going throughout the event. It was the BEST decision to book them! Steve and his team is truly the GREATEST!!!!

My husband and I are still beside ourselves after this weekend and I have to tell you, Popular Demand and DJ Louie absolutely KILLED IT!!! The dance floor was NEVER empty, people couldn't stop dancing and majority of our guests refused to leave the party and stayed and until midnight without realizing what time it was! No one wanted to leave because of how good both the band and DJ were. I received this comment all night: "This is the best party I have every been to! The band and DJ are SO GOOD!"

I cannot begin to thank you enough for ALL Hip Entertainment did! It was truly the best day of my life, and your team facilitated the best party! I don't know if I got to properly thank both Popular Demand and DJ Louie for being a part of our special day. Additionally, I was so overwhelmed with everything that day, and didn't provide an additional tip for them. I would really like to send them a thank you card and tip for everything they did. Would you be able to provide an address for me to send those things to?

Again, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!! For the consistent communication, accommodation of needs, superior entertainment, and phenomenal party, we are so grateful. If you are unsure or nervous about finding entertainment for your wedding, I strongly urge you to work with Steve and everyone from Hip Entertainment, you will not be disappointed!!!
    Carlo Z. Married on 06/04/2019

5 Stars!!! Unbelievable

These guys & gals were amazing. We had a wedding of about 260 people and everyone was raving about how good the band was. The performance was 5 star and you could see that the band put their hear and soul into the performance. I will recommend to everyone and hope to hire them again! They made our wedding day so special! From the first dance they preformed by leon bridges to don't stop believing they had everyone dancing the entire night and everyone was sad when it ended but also exhausted from all the dancing! People that didn't dance said they enjoyed just sitting watching the performance. That's how good they were.
  • Christine
    Christine Married on 04/12/2019

Recommend!

As New Yorkers getting married in California we didn’t have the luxury of hearing a lot of bands play before having to select one for our wedding. We went off of online reviews and posted videos, which is why writing this is so important… Hip Service was AWESOME and we are so grateful for everyone that took the time to share their great experience so we could have our own. It was definitely an investment and a scary one to make blind, but they were fantastic. We had a small wedding and a big band (54 people and a 12 person band) and Hip Service made sure the room didn’t feel small, the band didn’t swallow the people and that we truly were rocking all night long. We sent along our thoughts about songs in advance, everything was seamless and they truly read the crown that night. Thank you Hip Service for helping to make our wedding magical!
    Peggy Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding Highlight

Hip Service played at our son's wedding. They were absolutely amazing. Everyone was on the dance floor. There are so many different aspects to a wedding. Everything came together just perfectly. But the number one thing that guests continue to rave about is 'the band.'
    Amanda Married on 10/06/2018

Incredible from start to finish!

We used Hip Service for our wedding in October 2018, and we were totally blown away by them. After talking to a few other bands, we had grown somewhat wary of the various band managers who weren't transparent on pricing and were very pushy. Steve Bloom was incredibly professional, and I have only good things to say about him. Our guests said that Hip Service was the best wedding band they had heard, and they danced the whole night. We 100% recommend using them! Thank you Hip Service!
    Janelle Married on 08/18/2018
    We wish we could give them 100 stars!! This band is truly phenominal, and created an absolutely epic vibe at our wedding. Our guests were on the dance floor all night!! The musicians are incredibly talented, and the singers are unbelievable. At one point, it was like having Beyonce at our wedding. Steve was so responsive and flexible, and truly made our dreams come true!! We cannot recommend them highly enough!
    Lexie Married on 08/11/2018
    The best decision we made during our wedding vendor selection was to hire Hip Service to perform during our reception! Having a band is definitely an investment, but it’s one that was so incredibly worth it. Steve was extremely professional and responsive throughout the planning process, and was so easy to work with. On the wedding day, everything went so smoothly (AV set up with microphones, for speeches, and ceremony sound, etc.). We also had a jazz trio during cocktail hour that was awesome. The band was AMAZING! They really know how to get everyone out dancing! We are in our late 20s so we wanted to find a band that knew some modern songs but also played the classics to get guests of all ages on the dance floor. Hip Service did just that! They were also so interactive with the guests, and didn’t mind when my (HUGE) family got up on stage with them to dance and sing. I want to re-live my wedding day thanks to Hip Service - seriously, you guys are the best! So many of our guests commented that the band was amazing and have asked for their information. Thank you, Hip Service, for making our wedding the best night of our lives!
    Chris Married on 08/11/2018
    Hip Service was simply AWESOME at our daughter's wedding reception! Steve and the band were great to work with in every respect - true professionals, musicians and entertainers! In addition to nailing old and new school music, their energy completely permeated everyone on the dance floor and in the room! Every guest raved about them that evening and we continue to get compliments about them still. If you want to really get things going, have non-stop dancing, or just enjoy the show, Hip Service is the band to make it happen!
    Anna Married on 08/05/2018
    Hip service played at our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we could have made! They were easy to work with, professional, and absolutely incredible during the wedding! We received so many compliments about the band and they made our party the best time! Thank you Hip Service and Steve! You’re all incredible!!!