Hip Service Reviews

1 User photo

Hip Service 1

Peggy · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding Highlight

Hip Service played at our son's wedding. They were absolutely amazing. Everyone was on the dance floor. There are so many different aspects to a wedding. Everything came together just perfectly. But the number one thing that guests continue to rave about is 'the band.'

Janelle · Married on 08/18/2018

We wish we could give them 100 stars!! This band is truly phenominal, and created an absolutely epic vibe at our wedding. Our guests were on the dance floor all night!! The musicians are incredibly talented, and the singers are unbelievable. At one point, it was like having Beyonce at our wedding. Steve was so responsive and flexible, and truly made our dreams come true!! We cannot recommend them highly enough!

Lexie · Married on 08/11/2018

The best decision we made during our wedding vendor selection was to hire Hip Service to perform during our reception! Having a band is definitely an investment, but it’s one that was so incredibly worth it. Steve was extremely professional and responsive throughout the planning process, and was so easy to work with. On the wedding day, everything went so smoothly (AV set up with microphones, for speeches, and ceremony sound, etc.). We also had a jazz trio during cocktail hour that was awesome. The band was AMAZING! They really know how to get everyone out dancing! We are in our late 20s so we wanted to find a band that knew some modern songs but also played the classics to get guests of all ages on the dance floor. Hip Service did just that! They were also so interactive with the guests, and didn’t mind when my (HUGE) family got up on stage with them to dance and sing. I want to re-live my wedding day thanks to Hip Service - seriously, you guys are the best! So many of our guests commented that the band was amazing and have asked for their information. Thank you, Hip Service, for making our wedding the best night of our lives!

Chris · Married on 08/11/2018

Hip Service was simply AWESOME at our daughter's wedding reception! Steve and the band were great to work with in every respect - true professionals, musicians and entertainers! In addition to nailing old and new school music, their energy completely permeated everyone on the dance floor and in the room! Every guest raved about them that evening and we continue to get compliments about them still. If you want to really get things going, have non-stop dancing, or just enjoy the show, Hip Service is the band to make it happen!

Anna · Married on 08/05/2018

Hip service played at our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we could have made! They were easy to work with, professional, and absolutely incredible during the wedding! We received so many compliments about the band and they made our party the best time! Thank you Hip Service and Steve! You’re all incredible!!!

Hip Service 2

Nicole · Married on 05/19/2018

We booked Hip Service before we even booked our wedding venue. We first experienced Hip Service at our friend’s wedding, and having them at our wedding was the best decision we made. We honestly could have had our reception in a parking lot or garage, and if we had this band, it still would have been an incredible party. From working with my brother for his "toast” and learning our first dance song to keeping the dance floor at such a high energy all night, the band was amazing. Thank you Hip Service!

remy · Married on 05/05/2018

Loved working with Hip Service. Their performance was above and beyond my expectations. The sound was perfect, song choice fun and they brought amazing energy. Highly recommend Hip Service!

Charlotte · Married on 04/14/2018

Hip Service was a fantastic value for the level of entertainment they provided for our wedding! They really played to the crowd. Steve was also great to work with, especially in learning our first dance song.

Jimmy · Married on 10/21/2017

WOW - in one word this is the best way to sum up Hip Service. They had all 170 people at our wedding on the dance floor - even the 95+ year old grandparents (mine got out of her wheelchair so she could be part of the action)!! If you want a wedding where your guests are talking about how fun it was for weeks on end - make sure Hip Service runs the show!

Sharon · Married on 10/21/2017

Hip Service was a fantastic choice as a band to play at my daughter's wedding. They had everyone on the dance floor for the entire evening. We worked with Steve Bloom for over a year in the planning process and he is delightful to work with, responsive, knowledgeable, and very talented. We are definitely fans of Hip Service, hope to hire them again someday, and would highly recommend the band to play for any occasion.

Debbie · Married on 10/15/2017

Hipservice was fantastic! They sounded amazing at my daughter's wedding, played great songs, and had nearly all of our 140+ guests on the dance floor. After the wedding tons of our family and friends commented about how great the band was. Hipservice was also super easy to work with. They were much more flexible than some of the other bands we considered in their requests and their rider. When we had to move the wedding last minute due to the Sonoma fires, they were very willing to play at our new location despite it being an hour or so away from the other venue.

carol · Married on 09/09/2017

I just wanted to email and tell you how much we all enjoyed Hip Service last Saturday night at the Arnold/Daoro Wedding. You all were amazing and EVERYONE, young and old, commented on how much the band made the evening! Not only was the music amazing, but the showmanship had people raving!
    Thank you and your band for helping to make the wedding a Great Success!

Danny and Ari · Married on 07/02/2017

Hip Service completely rocked our wedding. Every intricate detail that you guys put together for the set made our night special in every way. From the escalating hora, to the professional sounding Waste, to your rendition of Missing You that had the entire Leonard side of the family and many of Ari's friends screaming on the dance floor, to the final three songs where everyone was chanting at the tops of their lungs, you were truly rockstars. We hope you had as much fun as we did, and we cannot wait to see you guys again hopefully at another wedding nearby.

Thank you again for making our night super special.

Love,

Danny and Ari

Cynthia · Married on 07/01/2017

I want to share with all who might be interested what I just wrote Hip Service, the most amazing band as far as music, band members (who were SO much fun), and ease with which to work: Steve, the manager, is a gem. I will use Hip Service exclusively for any event that involves music.!!
    Ok, I just filled in what I paid and I need to say that I definitely did not pay enough. With Hip Service you will get a $20,000+ band for around $8500.

Hi, Steve.

I want to start by saying thank you SOOOO very much from the bottom of my heart for making my daughter's wedding so perfect. Truly!!! In case you didn't know, we're a dancing family; the kids went where I went, and as I teach dance, my three children starting dancing from the womb. So when we ALL say you are the BEST EVER we actually know about what we are talking...do remember that my crazy husband has no blood relation to me, so I cannot account for his move choices or rhythm! The only parts of my body that are in pain are my feet because I and everyone never left the dance floor. Sore feet=amazing band!!! Great songs, superb drummer, spot on guitarists, wonderful keyboards, and dynamite singers who could also dance! Bravo!! Thank you Steve!!! One of my best friends, an amazing wedding planner, told me about you. She raved about you, and even her accolades did not do you justice. Everyone agrees.

Please extend my huge thank yous accompanied by hugs to your group. I am forever grateful!!! I will be recommending you to everyone. And hope to see you soon!!!

David · Married on 06/10/2017

We had very high expectations for Hip Service based on their reviews, but they exceeded them anyway. Their promo videos online show their exceptional quality, so I'll mention a couple behind the scenes things. First, Steve is great to work with logistically: proactive and super-responsive, while still being low-stress and understanding when things change. These characteristics are especially welcome in what can be stressful wedding planning, and I didn't necessarily expect such a high-powered operation to be able to take the individualized time for our event. Second, the band learned an R&B song for us that wasn't totally in its normal wheelhouse, but they totally smoked it.
    Overall, they were the centerpiece of our wedding and delivered in every way!

Nancy · Married on 05/13/2017

We had Hip Service play at our daughter's wedding and from the beginning they were a delight to work with. Not only were they responsive, flexible and accommodating but they sounded fantastic! From their jazz trio that played during cocktails, to the dance portion of the evening, they got rave reviews from all of our vendors and guests. The dance floor was always filled! I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Anne · Married on 05/13/2017

Steve and his team are incredible!! I've worked with many bands as a wedding planner but Hip Service really knocked my socks off. Not only are they musically talented, they are extremely professional. They put me at ease while keeping the energy high on the dance floor. I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Megan · Married on 10/22/2016

BOOK THIS BAND. This was the first vendor I booked outside of our venue and I couldn't have been happier with them! They will make your wedding. We loved everything about them. They are super responsive, easy to work with and very professional. They kept the dance floor packed. The even let my husbands college band play when they took a break. Book them if you want to have any amazing wedding. You will not be disappointed!

Amelia · Married on 08/27/2016

This band is perfection. They were the first vendor we picked because when we got engaged my cousin had just been to a wedding with Hip Service and immediately told us about them. And they were just as good as we expected. Everyone was dancing the entire night and kept coming up to us telling us how great this band was. They were a dream to work with and were very professional. They also had very few demands compared to some others. They learned a song for us, and let us create a long song list. If you want a great dance party, this is the band to use!

Rachel · Married on 06/18/2016

Steve was very responsive and helped coordinate everything - including a few last minute A/V add-ons. The band was amazing and very well practiced and coordinated. They learned a few special songs for us and otherwise had a perfect wedding set list that covered a bunch of genres and all of the wedding hits you'd expect. I'd definitely recommend Hip Service for a wedding or frankly any event where you'd want a great, versatile band.

If you are looking for a band for your wedding, this is THE ONE! Excellent music, total professionalism, and they make your event!

We wanted something that was truly special and a surprise for our guests - and Hip Service was exactly that! We had our wedding at the Four Seasons Hotel in San Francisco, so you can imagine the bar any band had to clear to be surprise worthy - we didn't even tell our family we had a band. Like everyone, we went through the "bands are so expensive" phase and once past that (we realized that the impact of the live band would make the night), we found out that the difference between a common band (what I call an "Art and Wine Festival Band" - one that plays a bunch of old stuff that the Zumba people can move to) and the real deal (one that you can depend on to take your event to the next level), was really not that much. With Hip Service, you get current songs, played by professionals that know how to keep the party going! We had they put together a small Jazz band for dinner and then bring out the full band, complete with horn section (sorry - I'm a trumpet player, so this was a huge jump for me), for the full on dance party.

They kept everyone on the dance floor all night - including my teenage nieces and nephews all the way to my almost 80yo Dad. My Dad actually shut the whole thing down with the hard core party friends and family.

The number one comment about the wedding the next day (and still) was "That Band was amazing!...That was the best wedding EVER." I guess our surprise worked - Hip Service is THE reason that we and our guests had a great time and felt that the wedding was the best ever. If you are planning an event, don't blow it by going with a crappy band...Go with Hip Service and the rest will take care of itself.

Nelli · Married on 10/24/2015

Hip Service is truly amazing! They played at my wedding on Oct 24th, 2015 at the Ritz-Carlton SF and they had everyone dancing. Everyone thought they were amazing. We got so many compliments about the band that my parents friends are even asking about them and want to hire them for other performances. My friends all said the band "killed it!" They have so much energy, excellent voices, and Steve (manager) is very flexible in terms of working with you to meet your needs and requests. They truly made the night! Stop your search right here. Seriously. Hire this band. I feel so fortunate they had an opening the date of my wedding. I shudder to think at the other band options I came across in my search...best decision ever to hire them!

Ashley · Married on 10/03/2015

We are still talking about how much fun we had with this band!!

I researched and interviewed numerous bands and ultimately chose Hip Service because they were exactly what I was looking for -- a high-energy party band with horns, multiple male and female singers, a song list with current party pop songs, oldies but goodies and all around classics....not to mention a band manager that was super responsive, attentive to details and on the same page with our vision for the night, which was to focus on having a super fun party.

The band manager, Steve Bloom, made working with Hip Service an absolute joy. I interviewed Steve over the phone and knew when we hung up that he and Hip Service were the right band for the job. I of course watched several videos, listened to songs and scoured their song list beforehand, but after speaking with him, it was his enthusiasm for crafting the night however we wanted that sold it for me.

When it came to the actual reception, Hip Service was simply incredible! I'm not kidding -- nearly everyone asked where we found such an awesome band!? I've never been to a wedding where there were so many compliments on the band, seriously. People were flooding the dance floor the entire night and all I saw was huge grins on everyone's faces. People are still talking about how awesome the band was. Numerous people said something along the lines of "that wasn't just a wedding band, that was our own private concert!" Not to mention, they owned the room from 7pm until midnight....nearly 5 hours with only two short breaks. They also provided uplighting for our reception room that looked amazing!

I really can't recommend any wedding band any more highly!