Hip Service Reviews

Hip Service 1
  • Ted

Ted Arbuckle · Married on 08/10/2019

Best wedding band ever

I heard them at a friend's daughter's wedding, and knew I had to hire them for my daughter's wedding. They really made the day and capped off the evening with great music. If I had another daughter, I would hire them in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Randi H · Married on 07/06/2019

Best band ever

I cannot day enough great things about this band- they were AMAZING!! I’ve never seen more New Yorkers up and dancing at a wedding in my life and we are a hard bunch to please. These band was so much fun and so amazing, they kept the crowd going all night long. Steve bloom was a fantastic partner- he accommodated all of our requests and took the time to get to know us and understand what we were looking for. We had some unique requests and he was totally willing to accommodate everything. My guests have not stopped talking about how amazing this band was!!!! I highly highly recommend this band if you’re looking for a fun, non stop dance party wedding :)

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 06/08/2019

The BEST entertainment you could hope for!

I am usually quite the skeptic when it comes to trusting reviews. Planning a wedding from out of state was extremely difficult, especially when it came to finding entertainment! I really wanted a live band and a DJ, and not being able to see anyone live made the choice that much more difficult, but I went with my gut and booked Hip Entertainment! I hired the band Popular Demand and DJ Louie to make sure the party kept going throughout the event. It was the BEST decision to book them! Steve and his team is truly the GREATEST!!!!

My husband and I are still beside ourselves after this weekend and I have to tell you, Popular Demand and DJ Louie absolutely KILLED IT!!! The dance floor was NEVER empty, people couldn't stop dancing and majority of our guests refused to leave the party and stayed and until midnight without realizing what time it was! No one wanted to leave because of how good both the band and DJ were. I received this comment all night: "This is the best party I have every been to! The band and DJ are SO GOOD!"

I cannot begin to thank you enough for ALL Hip Entertainment did! It was truly the best day of my life, and your team facilitated the best party! I don't know if I got to properly thank both Popular Demand and DJ Louie for being a part of our special day. Additionally, I was so overwhelmed with everything that day, and didn't provide an additional tip for them. I would really like to send them a thank you card and tip for everything they did. Would you be able to provide an address for me to send those things to?

Again, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!! For the consistent communication, accommodation of needs, superior entertainment, and phenomenal party, we are so grateful. If you are unsure or nervous about finding entertainment for your wedding, I strongly urge you to work with Steve and everyone from Hip Entertainment, you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Carlo Zocchi · Married on 06/04/2019

5 Stars!!! Unbelievable

These guys & gals were amazing. We had a wedding of about 260 people and everyone was raving about how good the band was. The performance was 5 star and you could see that the band put their hear and soul into the performance. I will recommend to everyone and hope to hire them again! They made our wedding day so special! From the first dance they preformed by leon bridges to don't stop believing they had everyone dancing the entire night and everyone was sad when it ended but also exhausted from all the dancing! People that didn't dance said they enjoyed just sitting watching the performance. That's how good they were.

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 04/12/2019

Recommend!

As New Yorkers getting married in California we didn’t have the luxury of hearing a lot of bands play before having to select one for our wedding. We went off of online reviews and posted videos, which is why writing this is so important… Hip Service was AWESOME and we are so grateful for everyone that took the time to share their great experience so we could have our own. It was definitely an investment and a scary one to make blind, but they were fantastic. We had a small wedding and a big band (54 people and a 12 person band) and Hip Service made sure the room didn’t feel small, the band didn’t swallow the people and that we truly were rocking all night long. We sent along our thoughts about songs in advance, everything was seamless and they truly read the crown that night. Thank you Hip Service for helping to make our wedding magical!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Peggy · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding Highlight

Hip Service played at our son's wedding. They were absolutely amazing. Everyone was on the dance floor. There are so many different aspects to a wedding. Everything came together just perfectly. But the number one thing that guests continue to rave about is 'the band.'

Sent on 11/06/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2018

Incredible from start to finish!

We used Hip Service for our wedding in October 2018, and we were totally blown away by them. After talking to a few other bands, we had grown somewhat wary of the various band managers who weren't transparent on pricing and were very pushy. Steve Bloom was incredibly professional, and I have only good things to say about him. Our guests said that Hip Service was the best wedding band they had heard, and they danced the whole night. We 100% recommend using them! Thank you Hip Service!

Sent on 04/25/2019

Janelle · Married on 08/18/2018

We wish we could give them 100 stars!! This band is truly phenominal, and created an absolutely epic vibe at our wedding. Our guests were on the dance floor all night!! The musicians are incredibly talented, and the singers are unbelievable. At one point, it was like having Beyonce at our wedding. Steve was so responsive and flexible, and truly made our dreams come true!! We cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Lexie · Married on 08/11/2018

The best decision we made during our wedding vendor selection was to hire Hip Service to perform during our reception! Having a band is definitely an investment, but it’s one that was so incredibly worth it. Steve was extremely professional and responsive throughout the planning process, and was so easy to work with. On the wedding day, everything went so smoothly (AV set up with microphones, for speeches, and ceremony sound, etc.). We also had a jazz trio during cocktail hour that was awesome. The band was AMAZING! They really know how to get everyone out dancing! We are in our late 20s so we wanted to find a band that knew some modern songs but also played the classics to get guests of all ages on the dance floor. Hip Service did just that! They were also so interactive with the guests, and didn’t mind when my (HUGE) family got up on stage with them to dance and sing. I want to re-live my wedding day thanks to Hip Service - seriously, you guys are the best! So many of our guests commented that the band was amazing and have asked for their information. Thank you, Hip Service, for making our wedding the best night of our lives!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Chris · Married on 08/11/2018

Hip Service was simply AWESOME at our daughter's wedding reception! Steve and the band were great to work with in every respect - true professionals, musicians and entertainers! In addition to nailing old and new school music, their energy completely permeated everyone on the dance floor and in the room! Every guest raved about them that evening and we continue to get compliments about them still. If you want to really get things going, have non-stop dancing, or just enjoy the show, Hip Service is the band to make it happen!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Anna · Married on 08/05/2018

Hip service played at our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we could have made! They were easy to work with, professional, and absolutely incredible during the wedding! We received so many compliments about the band and they made our party the best time! Thank you Hip Service and Steve! You’re all incredible!!!

Sent on 10/04/2018
    Hip Service 2

Nicole · Married on 05/19/2018

We booked Hip Service before we even booked our wedding venue. We first experienced Hip Service at our friend’s wedding, and having them at our wedding was the best decision we made. We honestly could have had our reception in a parking lot or garage, and if we had this band, it still would have been an incredible party. From working with my brother for his "toast” and learning our first dance song to keeping the dance floor at such a high energy all night, the band was amazing. Thank you Hip Service!

Sent on 08/21/2018

remy · Married on 05/05/2018

Loved working with Hip Service. Their performance was above and beyond my expectations. The sound was perfect, song choice fun and they brought amazing energy. Highly recommend Hip Service!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Charlotte · Married on 04/14/2018

Hip Service was a fantastic value for the level of entertainment they provided for our wedding! They really played to the crowd. Steve was also great to work with, especially in learning our first dance song.

Sent on 05/22/2018

Jimmy · Married on 10/21/2017

WOW - in one word this is the best way to sum up Hip Service. They had all 170 people at our wedding on the dance floor - even the 95+ year old grandparents (mine got out of her wheelchair so she could be part of the action)!! If you want a wedding where your guests are talking about how fun it was for weeks on end - make sure Hip Service runs the show!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Sharon · Married on 10/21/2017

Hip Service was a fantastic choice as a band to play at my daughter's wedding. They had everyone on the dance floor for the entire evening. We worked with Steve Bloom for over a year in the planning process and he is delightful to work with, responsive, knowledgeable, and very talented. We are definitely fans of Hip Service, hope to hire them again someday, and would highly recommend the band to play for any occasion.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Debbie · Married on 10/15/2017

Hipservice was fantastic! They sounded amazing at my daughter's wedding, played great songs, and had nearly all of our 140+ guests on the dance floor. After the wedding tons of our family and friends commented about how great the band was. Hipservice was also super easy to work with. They were much more flexible than some of the other bands we considered in their requests and their rider. When we had to move the wedding last minute due to the Sonoma fires, they were very willing to play at our new location despite it being an hour or so away from the other venue.

Sent on 10/27/2017

carol · Married on 09/09/2017

I just wanted to email and tell you how much we all enjoyed Hip Service last Saturday night at the Arnold/Daoro Wedding. You all were amazing and EVERYONE, young and old, commented on how much the band made the evening! Not only was the music amazing, but the showmanship had people raving!
    Thank you and your band for helping to make the wedding a Great Success!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Danny and Ari · Married on 07/02/2017

Hip Service completely rocked our wedding. Every intricate detail that you guys put together for the set made our night special in every way. From the escalating hora, to the professional sounding Waste, to your rendition of Missing You that had the entire Leonard side of the family and many of Ari's friends screaming on the dance floor, to the final three songs where everyone was chanting at the tops of their lungs, you were truly rockstars. We hope you had as much fun as we did, and we cannot wait to see you guys again hopefully at another wedding nearby.

Thank you again for making our night super special.

Love,

Danny and Ari

Sent on 07/24/2017

Cynthia · Married on 07/01/2017

I want to share with all who might be interested what I just wrote Hip Service, the most amazing band as far as music, band members (who were SO much fun), and ease with which to work: Steve, the manager, is a gem. I will use Hip Service exclusively for any event that involves music.!!
    Ok, I just filled in what I paid and I need to say that I definitely did not pay enough. With Hip Service you will get a $20,000+ band for around $8500.

Hi, Steve.

I want to start by saying thank you SOOOO very much from the bottom of my heart for making my daughter's wedding so perfect. Truly!!! In case you didn't know, we're a dancing family; the kids went where I went, and as I teach dance, my three children starting dancing from the womb. So when we ALL say you are the BEST EVER we actually know about what we are talking...do remember that my crazy husband has no blood relation to me, so I cannot account for his move choices or rhythm! The only parts of my body that are in pain are my feet because I and everyone never left the dance floor. Sore feet=amazing band!!! Great songs, superb drummer, spot on guitarists, wonderful keyboards, and dynamite singers who could also dance! Bravo!! Thank you Steve!!! One of my best friends, an amazing wedding planner, told me about you. She raved about you, and even her accolades did not do you justice. Everyone agrees.

Please extend my huge thank yous accompanied by hugs to your group. I am forever grateful!!! I will be recommending you to everyone. And hope to see you soon!!!

Sent on 07/03/2017

David · Married on 06/10/2017

We had very high expectations for Hip Service based on their reviews, but they exceeded them anyway. Their promo videos online show their exceptional quality, so I'll mention a couple behind the scenes things. First, Steve is great to work with logistically: proactive and super-responsive, while still being low-stress and understanding when things change. These characteristics are especially welcome in what can be stressful wedding planning, and I didn't necessarily expect such a high-powered operation to be able to take the individualized time for our event. Second, the band learned an R&B song for us that wasn't totally in its normal wheelhouse, but they totally smoked it.
    Overall, they were the centerpiece of our wedding and delivered in every way!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Nancy · Married on 05/13/2017

We had Hip Service play at our daughter's wedding and from the beginning they were a delight to work with. Not only were they responsive, flexible and accommodating but they sounded fantastic! From their jazz trio that played during cocktails, to the dance portion of the evening, they got rave reviews from all of our vendors and guests. The dance floor was always filled! I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Anne · Married on 05/13/2017

Steve and his team are incredible!! I've worked with many bands as a wedding planner but Hip Service really knocked my socks off. Not only are they musically talented, they are extremely professional. They put me at ease while keeping the energy high on the dance floor. I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Megan · Married on 10/22/2016

BOOK THIS BAND. This was the first vendor I booked outside of our venue and I couldn't have been happier with them! They will make your wedding. We loved everything about them. They are super responsive, easy to work with and very professional. They kept the dance floor packed. The even let my husbands college band play when they took a break. Book them if you want to have any amazing wedding. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/19/2016