Hilton Waikiki Beach Reviews

13 Reviews for Hilton Waikiki Beach

• Neri

Scott Ishizu · Married on 06/29/2019

Memorable Wedding!

Venue was beautiful, food was delicious, staff was awesome, and Ms. Ellise Yap was a pleasure to work with. It was a beautiful wedding.

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Cherise

Cherise · Married on 12/22/2018

Excellent except for a few minor things

Food was important to us, and it seems like very few places would allow you to do a food tasting (even if you want to pay for it) before booking with them. This seems ridiculous to us since we love food and it's so important to a wedding. We tried the food at 3 places, and Hilton Waikiki Beach was by far the best for the price point. After food the venue itself was lovely. We choose to have our ceremony upstairs in Altitude @37 instead of the garden as my husband and I are more indoors people, also the view was fantastic! We booked the hotel and Altitude, but later realized that we ended up having more guests than we originally thought we would have (wedding list guest bloat). My husband and I play video games and are on the internet all the time, so we figured that the best way to solve the issue is to have a live stream of the ceremony that would be view able in the garden. That way overflow of guests could enjoy an early cocktail hour while watching the ceremony via a live stream. We also wanted to do a first fighting game match instead of a first dance. In all of this, our contact for the Hilton, Priya, was very accommodating and she kindly and patiently answered all of our questions. A few months before our wedding, unfortunately for us but good for her, Priya had gotten a new job elsewhere and would no longer be working with the Hilton Waikiki Beach! Lucky for us, the responsibility was given to Kim. Considering the difficulty of being given a wedding only a few months before the date, and not having access to all the emails exchanged between Priya and me, she was very good at handling the task.

My only minor complaint is that after our wedding cake was cut into, my husband and I were to go to Altitude to take pictures at night for 30 min, then come back down to the reception hall. I had expected the cake to be cut and served to our immediate family, but we came down to find that it had been taken away and packed up into a box already. No one was served! I had emailed with Priya previously about wanting the cake to be served to our immediate family at least (It was a two tier that we were told would only serve 35 people at most. Also we had other desserts and a donut bar for other guests.) , but I think with the switch between Priya and Kim, that information must have been missed. We took the cake home and some of my immediate family ate it but mostly my husband and I ate it over the next few days.

We also booked a parlor suite and it was clean and spacious with a nice view.

Overall the experience at the Hilton was amazing and I would still highly recommend booking here.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Janine · Married on 08/01/2018

The Hilton Waikiki Beach and their Altitude@37 was the perfect location for my wedding! Priya is super responsive and helped us along the process. The location was perfect for our ceremony (in the garden in front of the koi pond) and our reception (Altitude@37). Altitude has BEAUTIFUL views and really just made it that much more special. In addition, the food was plentiful and delicious. Our guests were raving about it. Everything went off without a hitch, and we are so happy that we went with Hilton Waikiki Beach! We would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 08/17/2018

Aloha Janine and Mike,

Congratulations again to you both and thank you for the kind words. We were honored to be a part of your special day and wish you a lifetime of happiness.

Priya - Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel

Tamika · Married on 04/21/2018

Everything was fantastic..... the food and cake tasted amazing! The garden and reception were beautiful! I couldn't have chosen a better venue! And Prya Ho was delightful to work with.........

Sent on 04/27/2018

Aloha Tamika and Jacquette,

Thank you for leaving this review! We appreciate you taking time to write it. It was wonderful meeting you both. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.

Danielle · Married on 02/24/2018

I can't say enough about the Hilton Waikiki Beach. We had our wedding there and everything turned out amazing. Priya Ho was the best when it came to helping plan our wedding. She was in contact with us all the way until we walked down the aisle. The food was some of the best we have ever had. All the staff we so nice and helpful. I recommend anybody looking for a wedding venue to have it here!!!

Sent on 03/11/2018

Aloha Danielle and Elazar,

Thank you so much for the kind words. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness.

Doris · Married on 01/14/2018

Very knowledgeable helping to plan a destination wedding from California. Priya Ho the coordinator was flexible, accommodating, and helpful with all details. She always had options and improvements as plans rolled on. We were very pleased with our event. The guests also were very impressed and said it was one of the best weddings they’ve attended.

Sent on 01/22/2018

Hilton Waikiki Beach's reply:

Aloha Mr. and Mrs. Law ~ Thank you for the kind words and for sharing your experience! We are happy to hear you and your guests had an enjoyable event. Congratulations again to you and your family. Wishing you all the best.

Priya

The tour was really good. They will work with us from rehearsal dinner to reception. and even offer to help with the menu selection. They are very accommodating and offer good deals to Kama'iana.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Angie · Married on 02/04/2017

What an amazing experience. From the moment we met Pryia online until the moment we ended the event, everything was just perfect. The food was great, the view was amazing, the service staff were awesome, the room looked perfect...I couldn't have imagined anything more spectacular. In addition, Pryia went above and beyond to make things perfect for me and my guests. All of that at a very reasonable price. I'd definitely recommend this venue.

Sent on 05/13/2018

Aloha Angie,

Thank you for the kind words. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.

Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel

Kent & Lai · Married on 05/17/2014

This is great place for destination wedding, Kim who is a senior catering manager was very helpful, she did a great job for our wedding and reception, we highly recommend this hotel for whom plan for destination wedding

Sent on 05/30/2014

Tracey · Married on 02/23/2018

Priya helped me and my husband plan our wedding and she was phenomenal. We live in California, so I was worried certain things would not work since I wasn't able to check the venue before our big day, but she handled everything for us. She was knowledgeable and made sure that all our visions/ wants were met! Our wedding day was everything we wanted and more! We are so happy that she was our wedding planner. If you're ever thinking of getting married in Oahu ask for Priya at the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel! <3

Sent on 03/06/2018

Hilton Waikiki Beach's reply:

Hi Tracey ~ it was an honor working with you on your special day. Thank you for the kind words.

Wishing you all the best.

Cecelia · Married on 03/07/2018

3.5

I have to say, finding and booking this place was the best thing ever. Form the begging Priya Ho answered all my questions and through out the whole planning until the day. She is responsive and will get back to you in a timely manner. The venue its self is just like any of the pictures you have seen. The back drop of the ocean is breath taking during the day and then at night the lights of the city is spectacular. The staff was very attentive never in the way but was there to help even if you didn't know you needed it. You also have a private bathroom for your event that comes stocked with individual lotions and warm towels for your guest. The food was AMAZING especially the deserts. The wedding cake was ok, but I think its more for show. The deserts prepared by the hotel is the way to go. You wont be disappointed with choosing this venue.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Hilton Waikiki Beach's reply:

Aloha Cece and Rolando - thank you for the kind words. Wishing you all a lifetime of happiness.

Priya - Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel

4.2

This place was great! Catering Manager was very helpful. Highly recommended venue for party under 50 pax.

Sent on 10/12/2015