Hilton Short Hills Reviews

21 | Short Hills, NJ

21 Reviews for Hilton Short Hills

Debbie · Married on 09/17/2017

We worked with Vivian Cohen and she was extremely detailed and thorough. She answered all our questions and accommodated several special requests without hesitation. Each time we needed something she was prompt with her replies. I could not have asked for better support in planning our wedding.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Risa · Married on 04/29/2017

Vivian and her team exceeded our expectations with the planning, execution and service for our daughter's Bat Mitzvah! The entire staff was attentive and professional.

Sent on 08/05/2017

Sara · Married on 12/31/2016

We used the Hilton Short Hills for our room block and were very happy. The hotel was sold out the night of our wedding, but Megan and Sarah and their team did everything they could to provide extra rooms for guests who had waited until the last minute to book. Our brunch the next morning went smooth and was a good ending to our wedding weekend. Megan and Sarah were easy to work with and always prompt with their responses.

Sent on 01/18/2017

Audrey · Married on 11/12/2016

The Hilton Short Hills was AMAZING!! We had a lot of guests that needed rooms and everyone was accommodated for. They also handed out all of the welcome bags I made. Definitely go with the Hilton Short Hills!

Sent on 05/14/2017

Michelle and her team at the hilton made planning for our wedding an absolute pleasure. But more than that, the entire event was simply perfect - they were incredibly proactive, professional, knowledgeable, reassuring, understanding to our needs and went above and beyond to make our wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Kathryn · Married on 11/08/2014

The Short Hills Hilton did an amazing job with all aspects of my wedding weekend. They accommodated our last minute rehearsal dinner on Friday night in the dining room, the spa was a great way to relax the day before, and so convenient to get our hair/makeup done the day of, the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were all coordinated seamlessly by Melissa Chiarolanzio (Hilton Event Coordinator), and Martin the maître d for the evening was great! He made sure that the evening went smoothly, all in all we had a great experience with this venue and staff and we definitely recommend it to other couples!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Alyssa · Married on 10/03/2014

The Hilton Short Hills was an absolute dream! The staff were all amazing to work with - friendly, responsible AND caring! They were with us every single step of the way. Michelle was a WONDERFUL help!

The food was simply amazing. The cocktail hour was exactly what we envisioned and the dinner was delicious. When dinner was served the food was warm and perfect. The waiters were great and timely.

The venue itself was a dream come true. The new renovations are beautiful.

THANK YOU HILTON SHORT HILLS!!!! I will have MANY future events there.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Laura · Married on 09/29/2012

Absolutely amazing in every way! Mary Vale and her staff were wonderful to work with; professional, sensitive, accommodating, responsive, a "calm in the storm" of wedding planning. The venue is beautiful, the food delicious and the service impeccable. Their attention to detail can not be described in words. My guests commented on how pampered they felt. It may have been my daughters wedding but Mary and her staff made me feel like, "Queen for a Day."
    I

Sent on 10/02/2012
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/26/2012

ABSOLUTELY TOP NOTCH! Lauren R. was our wedding specialist and she just worked magic all the time! It was such a fun and easy process..we loved it!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Becky · Married on 08/27/2011

Thank you to Mary Vale and her team at the Short Hills Hilton. We picked this venue first to host the guests for our August wedding and the weekend events and were so happy at the service we received. Who knew we would actually be having our wedding with them as well. On the morning of our wedding with Hurricane Irene beating down our door we had vendors cancel and decided that we needed to move the wedding to a new location. Luckily we were at the Short Hills Hilton- they mobilized their entire team and in two hours we planned a ceremony, a reception, dance floor- the entire WEDDING and it was beautiful and delicious and just the best. Without the Short Hills Hilton we would have had to cancel the wedding. After pulling off this amazing event the hotel lost power at 5am and was still able to have our Sunday brunch by candlelight and take care of our guest who were stuck in NJ for days because of flight cancelations. We can't thank this team enough for all they did and if you are lucky enough to have your wedding here you will see that from start to finish they are top rate!

Sent on 10/26/2011

sc510 · Married on 07/10/2010

Everything was absolutely great. The food was delicious and the service exceptional. We were able to have a very small and intimate celebration on a Saturday evening without paying much more given high headcount commitments required at other places.

Chris – the maitre d made sure everything went smoothly and that we were happy with everything throughout out the whole event (starting with the food, temperature, drinks, etc.).

We worked with Elizabeth Winship on most of the details and she was very helpful and recommended a great place for entertainment (Barry Herman Entertainment). She was very patient and listened to our questions. She shared her experience and ideas, which help make our event smooth. She greeted us once we came from church and took our bridal party to a private suite where we were offered refreshments and some light food.

The hotel junior suite room we received (in addition to two regular rooms) was spacious and easily fit our wedding party. We got some great photos getting dressed there! Once we got back there after the reception, there was champagne and chocolate waiting for us.

We didn’t have to worry about anything that day as the staff we worked with was very experienced and knew how to make their clients happy. Overall our experience with this hotel was extraordinary and we would definitely recommend them!!!!

Sent on 08/29/2010

Jennifer · Married on 09/05/2009

What a fabulous venue! I picked the Short Hills Hilton because it combined classic with New York chic. I looked at many places before picking the Hilton and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Since my wedding was in September, I had my cocktail hour in their tent (air conditioned) and then had access to the entire downstairs for the whole night. I was the only bride using the venue and Mary Vale treated me like a queen!

I didn't like the pushiness of many venues in New Jersey. As soon as I met Mary, I knew we would work together fabulously. Mary will tell you the truth and contribute if you want her opinion and she will bend over backwards to accomodate you and your family. Mary has a keen eye for style and puts on a flawless event with her team.

Thank you for making my wedding amazing!

Sent on 09/30/2009

Eric · Married on 08/29/2009

Sadly, the woman who helped us plan our wedding and reception no longer does weddings, but she was amazing! Think Franc from "Father of the Bride" without the crazy accent or going overboard. She knew exactly how to keep us from getting ridiculously stressed while helping us to plan the most spectacular, elegant wedding and reception we could. Mary Vale is simply fantastic. The venue itself was gorgeous, and it didn't matter that the weather was less than stellar because we spent all weekend at the Hilton--from rehearsal dinner on Friday evening to brunch on Sunday. The food was fantastic as well, and the pastry chef is phenomenal! All of the staff was very accommodating to all of the guests. Simply stated, you can't go wrong with this Hilton!

P.S. Apparently, the General Manager of the hotel has made a change--Mary is now in charge of all weddings and social events, so if you use this hotel for your wedding, you get her help as well!

Sent on 09/04/2009

Erica · Married on 08/05/2016

While the Hilton was slightly pricier than some hotels in the area, I was beyond thrilled with the service provided and I am so glad we went with the Hilton Short Hills. The customer service representatives were extremely helpful throughout the planning process and so flexible with all of my questions and concerns.

Sent on 02/19/2017

Colette · Married on 07/11/2015

Michelle and her team were so fantastic for my July wedding! Everything could not have been more perfect. I would definitely recommend SHH to anyone who would like an elegant and fun affair.

Sent on 07/27/2015

The hotel was very elegant and accommodated all my guests.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Rachel · Married on 01/22/2011

Having my ceremony and reception at the Hilton Short Hills was fabulous.
    I worked with Mary Vale. She was highly responsive to all my emails. The Hilton was also extremely accommodating to all my needs and requests. I also arranged my rehearsal dinner and my brunch at the Hilton Short Hills.

Sent on 02/09/2011

2.5

Request to speak to/sit with the maitre'd a few times before the event. One meeting with him wasn't enough. Other than that - the service was wonderful!

Sent on 09/28/2013

Taryn · Married on 08/28/2010

3.4
      3.0
      3.0

We didn't have our wedding at the Hilton, but used it as a 'staging area' and had a lot of guests staying there before and after the wedding. Unfortunately, the group reservation got messed up and people were put in the wrong rooms, some guests turned up and didn't have a room (though this was rectified, after the front desk spoke with me as I was getting dressed), I was disappointed by how many things went wrong. On the plus side, they upgraded us to an amazing suite, which was definitely appreciated!

Sent on 11/20/2010
  • User6726897 · event on 05/15/2016

0.0

I had a baby shower for my daughter this weekend, originally booked the Pavilion room, but they renovated it and made it look terrible. Had to book the Mendham room, had no choice since I gave them a deposit that they wouldn't return. My contract agreement was liquor to be served by request, they took it upon themselves to serve liquor without asking guests . They told me I had more guests, then I actually had and they charged me. I received a liquor bill of $1200.00 and they said 47 women drank all that liquor on a Sunday afternoon, ridiculous. I requested blue napkins, which they don't have in-house, so I had to pay $2 per napkin, I only needed 47 napkins and they were going to charge me for 60, because that's what they ordered, they finally credited me for only 10 napkins, after I complained. Before you book your party make sure you look at every little detail. The party planner , Melissa, never called me, never contacted me about any aspect of the party, I had to call her to give final count and make final payment, totally unprofessional, she wasn't even at the party she had her assistant there, Rachel, she was barely at the party, had to look for most of the time. Beware before you book.

Sent on 05/17/2016