Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue Reviews

27 | Philadelphia, PA

27 Reviews for Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue

Angelina · Getting married on 01/01/2021

Lovely Catering Manager!

Catering Manager Jeby is such a delight! My Fiance and I came across the Hilton on Wedding Wire and we loved the pictures and other reviews so much that I messaged them right away. Jeby was very helpful, kind and patient showing us the venue and giving us all the information. She definitely became a friend to us. The staff, food and the Hilton itself was also wonderful! We booked our wedding the next day and we can't wait until we say "I Do" at the Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Marissa · Getting married on 03/13/2020

Absolute amazing wedding manager

Although we did not book with the Hilton, I felt compelled to leave a review. The sales manager/event manager Jeby is absolutely amazing. She is responsive, empathic, and personable; everything a prospective bride craves in an event manager! She is the sweetest and most knowledgeable event manager I have ever met, and I sincerely appreciated all her expertise and advice. The venue is very beautiful and well priced. I highly recommend this venue to anyone; it would be a privilege to work with Jeby!

Sent on 03/23/2019
  • Mallory

Mallory Thum · Married on 06/01/2019

Garden Ballroom Fairy Tale

Our wedding reception in the Garden Ballroom was everything we could have ever wanted and more! We had 150 wedding guests that fit perfectly into the ballroom with a large space for dancing. Multiple people came up to us and told us the walk down the grand staircase for our grand entrance was like a from a fairy tale! Randy the banquet coordinator and manager was absolutely fantastic to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process up until the night of our reception. He was organized, helpful, and focused the entire evening. Randy took the time to make sure everything was running smoothly and that everything was taken care of. The other staff members of the evening were also very attentive and accommodating. The ballroom was beautiful and the decorations were arranged perfectly according to our requests. The food was delicious! From cocktail hour to the main course all the food was perfectly executed. It tasted just like the tasting we tried previously. We could not have asked for a more delightful evening! If you are looking for a wonderful venue with excellent service this is the place for you!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Ms. Main

Sharmain · Married on 05/11/2019

Best Day Ever!!

Everything......and I mean everything was perfect. Randy Schaller made sure all was in order for our wedding!! The setup to the food was phenomenal. Kahya in house keeping provided excellent service. The front desk as well.
    Thanks Hilton for a Perfect day!!

Sent on 05/30/2019

marissa · Married on 07/03/2016

We used this vendor in July 2016 for our wedding and started working with the hotel and Randy Schaller in particular about one year prior to that. This hotel was very recently renovated from top to bottom (hotel rooms, ball rooms, lobby etc). It also has a separate kosher kitchen which was important to us as separate catering did not have to be brought in. We also loved that the room rate for guests was very reasonable and very convenient for guests as they just has to go upstairs. They also have sufficient ballrooms for weddings of any size and it was great that they didn't need to reuse any of the rooms. (I.e. We have been to weddings where they turn over the ceremony room to be the reception room durIng the cocktail hour.). Randy as the event coordinator also added a significant amount of value and had significant attention to detail and really did act as a "day of" wedding coordinator. Further, he gave good recommendations for vendors, some of which we used.

Sent on 05/19/2017

scott · Married on 06/19/2016

When my wife and I were looking for a nice Jewish and Kosher wedding that was going to include a Shabbos weekend, the Hilton City Avenue Philadelphia fit the bill. Randy and his staff were great to work with during our event over the three-day weekend of events. The Hilton, while managing several other affairs going on that weekend, made sure we did not ever feel neglected, by us or our guest. All of our guests had a wonderful weekend, the food was excellent, and all our needs were met or surpassed. Joyfully, three months later we are still receiving complements about our wedding and weekend events at the Hilton on City Line Avenue. Randy did an amazing Job guiding us throughout the entire wedding process. He presented us with numerous options and alternatives, allowing us to present an event that catered to our personalities, giving us both an event that we were extremely proud of.
    A thousand thanks again!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Jasmine · Married on 05/07/2016

I can't say how thankful my husband and I are to Randy for his service. He was accommodating and professional the entire process. I attended my best friend's wedding three years ago at the Hilton and was looking for a new venue but they surprised me by redoing the lobby, suites, and ballroom. I was confident that Randy would deliver on our wedding day so I focused on the most important thing; entertaining our family and friends. The food was spectacular and our guests raved about it to my husband and I all the time at our dinner parties. I hope that other people get to experience the same joy and happiness as my husband and I did on our wedding and I attributed a large part of it to the Hilton City Line and Randy.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Heather · Married on 12/12/2015

My husband and I could not have dreamed of a more perfect wedding day. Before committing to having our wedding at the Hilton I was scared that planning a wedding would drive us crazy. Randy was there every step of the way to help us find the florist, dj, and photographer. Our guests were very pleased with the venue and quality of the food.

Sent on 02/04/2016

Amanda · Married on 11/01/2015

We had our reception at the Hilton on City Ave. Randy Schaller, the director of events, was so amazing. He really provided us with an immense amount of help. He understands the business and is very accommodating on all matters. We used their kosher catering division, which included a wedding cake, linens, servers, and open bar with bartenders, of course. The venue is beautiful. People loved the food, they loved everything!! This is worth the investment for your special occasion.

Sent on 01/11/2016

Courtney · Married on 07/03/2015

I highly recommend the Hilton City Ave! We were so happy with our wedding! Randy was absolutely wonderful to work with! He was extremely responsive, worked with us to stay in our budget, and took care of everything that we needed! He put together a beautiful wedding for us!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Jeanne · Married on 06/13/2015

Randy is an absolutely fabulous director of catering and was the key to my daughter's flawless wedding reception and bachelorette dinner!! Friends an family are still referring to it as "the wedding of the year!" The City Avenue Hilton facilities are first class!!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Rebecca · Married on 06/22/2014

I just got married at the Hilton and, from start to finish, the experience was incredible. Randy and the entire Hilton staff were a pleasure to work with: they was attentive, responsive, and gracious throughout our whole planning process. Randy was especially detail-oriented and organized, which helped the planning enormously. Our wedding was kosher and Randy allowed us to totally customize our cocktail hour; any requests we had, Randy made work. Another point to add is that if you are looking for a Jewish orthodox wedding venue, you can't find a better place than the Hilton. It's 5 miles from Center City, has in-house glatt kosher catering, and 3 ballrooms. You have more than enough space for all parts of a traditional Jewish wedding, without needing to do any room flips. Our guests are still raving about the staff service and the beautiful interior of the hotel, and my husband and I had the time of our lives. I'd encourage everyone to get married at the Hilton!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Linda · Married on 05/17/2014

From our first inquiry, through the booking, decision making and the actual event we felt professionally guided and supported, making the day perfect with no concerns. My daughter was very happy that she chose the Hilton for her wedding reception and the breakfast the following morning. They had ample staffing for all parts of the evening, performing their tasks professionally and unobtrusively.

Sent on 05/23/2014

Matthew · Married on 03/23/2014

My wife and I recently got married at the Hilton City Avenue Philadelphia. Working with Randy was great. He is always available to go over any details, ask a question, or to give input. Randy had many amazing ideas on how the perfect wedding should go. They seem to constantly be renovating the big ballroom, and just completed it's latest update. The hotel staff greeted all of our guests with respect from the moment they walked into the door. Many of our guests called us in the days following the wedding to let us know our wedding was by far one of the best, if not the best wedding they'd ever attended. The hotel rooms were nice. Our wedding was Kosher but that didn't stop the Hilton from providing a great meal. My only complaint with the wedding was I couldn't enjoy enough food at the cocktail hour because my wife and I were too busy saying hi to all of our guests. The little I did try tasted really good. This is definitely a great venue for a wedding and Randy made it all happen.

Sent on 04/11/2014

David · Married on 10/27/2013

We were thrilled with the service we received! Randy was a saint as he walked us through every step of our wedding weekend. He made sure that ever need was met and that every detail, even ones we wouldn't have thought of, were taken care of. The facilities were beautiful (recently redone) and the food was delicious. We received rave reviews from our guests on how much they loved the food. We would definitely recommend the City Line Hilton and the amazing Randy Schaller.

Sent on 12/02/2013

Colleen · Married on 06/01/2013

Randy Schaller was excellent and the entire staff working with us the day of the wedding was fabulous..very professional and responsive to all our needs

Sent on 06/14/2013

Christine · Married on 04/27/2013

We had our wedding at the Hilton on Citly Line Avenue just a couple weeks ago and it was absolutely beautiful! Randy Schaller was wonderful to work with and made every step of the process so easy and was always very accomodating. Any question I had was answered and he was always very promt in responding to emails and questions about planning. The service was impecable! Everyone since the wedding has commented on how amazing the service was that night! We could not have picked a better venue!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Would highly recommend the Hilton Philadelphia - beautiful venue and responsive staff!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Kacie · Married on 12/31/2012

We had our wedding at the Hilton on NYE 3 years ago on 12/31/12. We now make it a tradition to try and go back each year to celebrate and reminisce. The Hilton was absolutely amazing and I highly recommend it for a wedding venue. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. They really made my husband and I feel like a king and queen. My family and friends still rave about the food especially the cocktail hour. The cocktail hour room was extremely spacious and you never had to worry about waiting for food to come around. We worked with Randy and he was really great to work with. He was very dependable and made our day as stress free as possible. He knows his stuff and it shows. I absolutely loved the Hilton and am so glad we choose it for our wedding.

Sent on 12/30/2015

I would recommend Randy & the staff at City Avenue Hilton extremely highly. Our wedding was incredible! Randy was very helpful every step of the way. Even though he coordinates large scale events every week, we always felt like our event was treated as special and one-of-a-kind. Randy skillfully helped us decide what accents were worth splurging on (a videographer) and what wasn't necessary (pin lighting). I really appreciated his honest take on the planning process and trusted his expertise to create a flawless event. He helped us stay on schedule the day of the wedding and was there to make sure everything went smoothly. When I realized I'd forgotten socks to go with my dancing shows, Randy even sent someone to get a pair so I wouldn't spend any precious time worrying about such minutiae. The entire Hilton staff was extremely professional and attentive to detail. The food was delicious and plentiful, and we received many compliments on the high quality of kosher food. Thankyou, Hilton for a wonderful event we will never forget!

Sent on 02/10/2014

Catherine · Married on 07/27/2012

Randy Schaller was the reason we ended up having it here :-) Not only did he make available additional cocktail hour space for our wedding, he was flexible in helping us lay out our floor plan the way we wanted to. He was completely approachable, professional and won over both of our sets of parents when we visited multiple times to see the event space..Most people may overlook the event space because it's not downtown, but because of it's proximity to the waterfront and the city skyline we were able to get our pictures on the waterfront right at dusk and make it back on time to our reception... Overall, we had a wonderful time and this venue will always be special to us because we had such joyful memories there :-)

Sent on 10/23/2012
  • User2049557 · 2+ years ago

We had our wedding reception at The Hilton on City Avenue at the end of June and it was a phenomenal and elegant event. The ballroom was beautiful, the staff was professional and accomodating, the food was plentiful and delicious. The dance floor was large! It was the perfect evening and our guests raved about the entire night from cocktail hour through to the end of the evening. Every aspect was perfect. Thank you Randy Schaller!!!

Sent on 09/07/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 06/23/2012

Hilton City Ave was wonderful to work with! We received compliments on the food and the room months after our wedding!! Everything they did was over the top and constantly wowed our guests! I recommend them to everyone I talk to! Randy at the Hilton was awesome to work with. Can't recommend a better place to have any larger event!

Sent on 01/17/2013

Marissa · Married on 05/26/2014

The Hilton staff is very accommodating for all types of weddings! I had an Orthodox Jewish wedding, and the staff was very knowledgable. I didn't feel I needed a wedding coordinator; rather, Randy was there from start to finish to email with and discuss details, and to help me out/offer suggestions. A few times he was hard to get a hold of, but it just took an extra email and I got to him! He was also there to move the event along on the day of the event, so that everything went smoothly. The facilities were also lovely and easily accessible. I would get married here again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/06/2014