Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue Reviews

35 | Philadelphia, PA

35 Reviews for Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue

Angelina · Getting married on 01/01/2021

Lovely Catering Manager!

Catering Manager Jeby is such a delight! My Fiance and I came across the Hilton on Wedding Wire and we loved the pictures and other reviews so much that I messaged them right away. Jeby was very helpful, kind and patient showing us the venue and giving us all the information. She definitely became a friend to us. The staff, food and the Hilton itself was also wonderful! We booked our wedding the next day and we can't wait until we say "I Do" at the Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue's reply:

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review us Angelina! We look forward to planning with you and getting you prepared for the big day ahead! Enjoy the process of planning with Jeby and our catering and culinary team!
  • Joffie

Joffie John · Married on 09/05/2020

Thank you Jeby & Team!

Jeby is incredible! Her attention to detail, personality, and level of care helps the Hilton stand apart. Ultimately, we decided to proceed with another venue that worked better for us, however, throughout our entire process, we continually held Jeby and team as the gold standard. Highly recommend the Hilton City Ave!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue's reply:

Hi Joffie! Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly appreciate your review on our venue and the services provided by Jeby and the catering team! We wish you all the best throughout the planning process and a marriage filled with lots of love ahead!
  • Christie

Christie Ashman · Married on 06/06/2020

Great location and great service

As my fiance and I were looking at venues, we fell in love with the Hilton. We fell in love with the Garden ballroom and the balcony. Jeby was also one of the reasons why we booked at the Hilton. She was so sweet, friendly and accommodating. She is willing to work with us on being creative and making our wedding reception special to us. We know that our day will be special at the Hilton and we look forward to planning.

Sent on 12/21/2019

Marissa · Married on 03/13/2020

Absolute amazing wedding manager

Although we did not book with the Hilton, I felt compelled to leave a review. The sales manager/event manager Jeby is absolutely amazing. She is responsive, empathic, and personable; everything a prospective bride craves in an event manager! She is the sweetest and most knowledgeable event manager I have ever met, and I sincerely appreciated all her expertise and advice. The venue is very beautiful and well priced. I highly recommend this venue to anyone; it would be a privilege to work with Jeby!

Sent on 03/23/2019

Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue's reply:

Hi Marissa! Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly appreciate your review on our venue and the services provided by Jeby and the catering team! We wish you all the best throughout the planning process and a marriage filled with lots of love ahead!

David Drowos · Married on 01/19/2020

Overall amazing experience

The Hilton was great to work with, especially Randy Schaller and Kris Wedul! They were responsive, respectful, informative, and open to any and all questions. They helped make the day a tremendous success even with the uncontrollable issues that were resolved prior to the event (power loss due to winter weather). Would highly recommend them if you are looking for a venue in the Philadelphia area (especially those seeking out kosher food accommodations).

Sent on 01/29/2020

Hi Dave & Rena,
    Thank you for your kind words. It was my great pleasure to provide a most joyous and exciting celebration. During our initial meetings, you were very focused on cuisine and quality service. It was great to receive so many compliments from your guests on the food selection, presentation and attentive service. I wish you both much happiness and look forward to seeing you both as guests of another family's' celebration.

Megan Brice · Married on 12/07/2019

Absolutely Blown Away!

If you are looking for a wedding venue that will give you the night of your dreams, look no further! From the day that we looked at this venue and met Randy, the coordinator, I knew this was where I wanted our wedding to be. Randy is the most professional and courteous person that you can work with, always with a smile on his face. He is so easy to work with, setting your mind at ease and knowing that in his hands, your wedding will be absolutely perfect. He is very responsive, getting back to you very quickly and ensuring that all of your needs are met. Every meeting we had with him was pleasant, and he made us always feel like an honored guest.

We had a few little out there requests for our reception, but Randy not only met them, but exceeded our expectations. He really knows how to make planning a wedding easy for you. I dropped off all of the extra decorations I had for the reception hall the night before the wedding, and he and his staff did a phenomenal job putting everything together and making the reception absolutely breathtaking!

Our wedding reception was absolutely phenomenal and PERFECT thanks to him. He and his staff checked in frequently throughout the night to make sure everything was running smoothly and if we or our guests needed anything. And the food was delicious! Several of our wedding guests are still raving about the food, as well as the awesome time that they had. They truly did a fantastic job giving us the wedding of our dreams, and we could not be more thankful for having the opportunity to work with Randy and putting our wedding in his hands.

Thank you again Randy for giving us the wedding of our dreams! The night was perfect and we truly had the time of our lives! I highly recommend booking your wedding here!

Sent on 01/01/2020

Hi Megan,
    I hope you and Marcel had a Happy New Year.
    Thank you for your kind words. It was my great pleasure and passion to provide you, Marcel and your guests an evening with great cuisine, attentive service and joyous memories for a life time. I wish you both much happiness in the years to come. Please stop in for breakfast as my guests soon.
  • Jeruel

Jeruel B Mangual · Married on 10/19/2019

Randy is the man

Went into to my wedding thanking it would be very stressful but Randy waa perfect and so was my wedding

Sent on 10/27/2019

Hi Jeruel,
    Thank you for your kind words.
    It was my great pleasure to provide you and Hannah many joyous memories that will last a life time. I wish you both the very best.
  • Hannah

Hannah Mccague · Married on 10/19/2019

An amazing experience

Our wedding was 10/19/2019 and it was a great experience at the Hilton! Most of my family is from Pittsburgh, so the hotel was able to accommodate all of us. The bridesmaids and myself were given a room to get ready in. The bridal party was given a private room during cocktail hour as well. Randy Schaller was our wedding coordinator. He took care of us throughout the entire process. He was very accessible to my mom and myself. Randy is truly the best at what he does! We put our trust in him and he helped our vision come to life! Thank you so much to the Hilton and Randy!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Monique

Monique · Married on 08/24/2019

Simply Amazing!!!

We had our wedding on August 10, 2019 in the Garden Ballroom. The room is beautiful, and the balcony is an excellent touch for newlyweds to make their grand entrance as husband and wife. There was a total of 125 in attendance; our reception was everything we excepted and more! We are still receiving compliments on how wonderful everything came together that day. Randy and his team were amazing and an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish! His staff, along with his preferred list of vendors understood my vision and executed every detail without complaints. Randy took care of EVERYTHING!-Recommendations for cocktail hour appetizers, entrée selections for my wedding day as well as my rehearsal dinner, napkin colors, table placement etc. Admittedly, I am very picky about food and everything tasted delicious. Any future bride should feel comfortable working with Randy. Trust me....the man knows what he is doing !!! You wont be disappointed!!!

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Mallory

Mallory Thum · Married on 06/01/2019

Garden Ballroom Fairy Tale

Our wedding reception in the Garden Ballroom was everything we could have ever wanted and more! We had 150 wedding guests that fit perfectly into the ballroom with a large space for dancing. Multiple people came up to us and told us the walk down the grand staircase for our grand entrance was like a from a fairy tale! Randy the banquet coordinator and manager was absolutely fantastic to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process up until the night of our reception. He was organized, helpful, and focused the entire evening. Randy took the time to make sure everything was running smoothly and that everything was taken care of. The other staff members of the evening were also very attentive and accommodating. The ballroom was beautiful and the decorations were arranged perfectly according to our requests. The food was delicious! From cocktail hour to the main course all the food was perfectly executed. It tasted just like the tasting we tried previously. We could not have asked for a more delightful evening! If you are looking for a wonderful venue with excellent service this is the place for you!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue's reply:

Hi Mallory! Congratulations to you once again from all of us at the Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue! Randy and the team had a wonderful time planning your wedding and seeing your vision come to light on the day of! We wish you a marriage filled with lots of happiness and love ahead! Thank you again for choosing the Hilton to host your beautiful wedding!
  • Ms. Main

Sharmain · Married on 05/11/2019

Best Day Ever!!

Everything......and I mean everything was perfect. Randy Schaller made sure all was in order for our wedding!! The setup to the food was phenomenal. Kahya in house keeping provided excellent service. The front desk as well.
    Thanks Hilton for a Perfect day!!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue's reply:

Hi Sharmain! Congratulations to you once again from all of us at the Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue! Randy and the team had a wonderful time planning your wedding and seeing your vision come to light on the day of! We wish you a marriage filled with lots of happiness and love ahead! Thank you again for choosing the Hilton to host your beautiful wedding!

Susan Buzgon · Married on 11/17/2018

Mother of the bride

Randy Schaller and staff at the Hilton
    City Avenue Philadelphia were amazing!!
    The level of service was impeccable!
    My daighter’s wedding was there Saturday
    November 17, 2018..
    It was a fantastic evening, delicious and
    plentiful food, professional staff and put that together with Randy in charge you will have an
    unbelievable wedding. He is the best and their
    level of service is not found anywhere!!
    The Hilton is very lucky to have him.

Sent on 11/18/2018

marissa · Married on 07/03/2016

We used this vendor in July 2016 for our wedding and started working with the hotel and Randy Schaller in particular about one year prior to that. This hotel was very recently renovated from top to bottom (hotel rooms, ball rooms, lobby etc). It also has a separate kosher kitchen which was important to us as separate catering did not have to be brought in. We also loved that the room rate for guests was very reasonable and very convenient for guests as they just has to go upstairs. They also have sufficient ballrooms for weddings of any size and it was great that they didn't need to reuse any of the rooms. (I.e. We have been to weddings where they turn over the ceremony room to be the reception room durIng the cocktail hour.). Randy as the event coordinator also added a significant amount of value and had significant attention to detail and really did act as a "day of" wedding coordinator. Further, he gave good recommendations for vendors, some of which we used.

Sent on 05/19/2017

scott · Married on 06/19/2016

When my wife and I were looking for a nice Jewish and Kosher wedding that was going to include a Shabbos weekend, the Hilton City Avenue Philadelphia fit the bill. Randy and his staff were great to work with during our event over the three-day weekend of events. The Hilton, while managing several other affairs going on that weekend, made sure we did not ever feel neglected, by us or our guest. All of our guests had a wonderful weekend, the food was excellent, and all our needs were met or surpassed. Joyfully, three months later we are still receiving complements about our wedding and weekend events at the Hilton on City Line Avenue. Randy did an amazing Job guiding us throughout the entire wedding process. He presented us with numerous options and alternatives, allowing us to present an event that catered to our personalities, giving us both an event that we were extremely proud of.
    A thousand thanks again!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Jasmine · Married on 05/07/2016

I can't say how thankful my husband and I are to Randy for his service. He was accommodating and professional the entire process. I attended my best friend's wedding three years ago at the Hilton and was looking for a new venue but they surprised me by redoing the lobby, suites, and ballroom. I was confident that Randy would deliver on our wedding day so I focused on the most important thing; entertaining our family and friends. The food was spectacular and our guests raved about it to my husband and I all the time at our dinner parties. I hope that other people get to experience the same joy and happiness as my husband and I did on our wedding and I attributed a large part of it to the Hilton City Line and Randy.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Heather · Married on 12/12/2015

My husband and I could not have dreamed of a more perfect wedding day. Before committing to having our wedding at the Hilton I was scared that planning a wedding would drive us crazy. Randy was there every step of the way to help us find the florist, dj, and photographer. Our guests were very pleased with the venue and quality of the food.

Sent on 02/04/2016

Amanda · Married on 11/01/2015

We had our reception at the Hilton on City Ave. Randy Schaller, the director of events, was so amazing. He really provided us with an immense amount of help. He understands the business and is very accommodating on all matters. We used their kosher catering division, which included a wedding cake, linens, servers, and open bar with bartenders, of course. The venue is beautiful. People loved the food, they loved everything!! This is worth the investment for your special occasion.

Sent on 01/11/2016

Courtney · Married on 07/03/2015

I highly recommend the Hilton City Ave! We were so happy with our wedding! Randy was absolutely wonderful to work with! He was extremely responsive, worked with us to stay in our budget, and took care of everything that we needed! He put together a beautiful wedding for us!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Jeanne · Married on 06/13/2015

Randy is an absolutely fabulous director of catering and was the key to my daughter's flawless wedding reception and bachelorette dinner!! Friends an family are still referring to it as "the wedding of the year!" The City Avenue Hilton facilities are first class!!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Rebecca · Married on 06/22/2014

I just got married at the Hilton and, from start to finish, the experience was incredible. Randy and the entire Hilton staff were a pleasure to work with: they was attentive, responsive, and gracious throughout our whole planning process. Randy was especially detail-oriented and organized, which helped the planning enormously. Our wedding was kosher and Randy allowed us to totally customize our cocktail hour; any requests we had, Randy made work. Another point to add is that if you are looking for a Jewish orthodox wedding venue, you can't find a better place than the Hilton. It's 5 miles from Center City, has in-house glatt kosher catering, and 3 ballrooms. You have more than enough space for all parts of a traditional Jewish wedding, without needing to do any room flips. Our guests are still raving about the staff service and the beautiful interior of the hotel, and my husband and I had the time of our lives. I'd encourage everyone to get married at the Hilton!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Linda · Married on 05/17/2014

From our first inquiry, through the booking, decision making and the actual event we felt professionally guided and supported, making the day perfect with no concerns. My daughter was very happy that she chose the Hilton for her wedding reception and the breakfast the following morning. They had ample staffing for all parts of the evening, performing their tasks professionally and unobtrusively.

Sent on 05/23/2014

Matthew · Married on 03/23/2014

My wife and I recently got married at the Hilton City Avenue Philadelphia. Working with Randy was great. He is always available to go over any details, ask a question, or to give input. Randy had many amazing ideas on how the perfect wedding should go. They seem to constantly be renovating the big ballroom, and just completed it's latest update. The hotel staff greeted all of our guests with respect from the moment they walked into the door. Many of our guests called us in the days following the wedding to let us know our wedding was by far one of the best, if not the best wedding they'd ever attended. The hotel rooms were nice. Our wedding was Kosher but that didn't stop the Hilton from providing a great meal. My only complaint with the wedding was I couldn't enjoy enough food at the cocktail hour because my wife and I were too busy saying hi to all of our guests. The little I did try tasted really good. This is definitely a great venue for a wedding and Randy made it all happen.

Sent on 04/11/2014

David · Married on 10/27/2013

We were thrilled with the service we received! Randy was a saint as he walked us through every step of our wedding weekend. He made sure that ever need was met and that every detail, even ones we wouldn't have thought of, were taken care of. The facilities were beautiful (recently redone) and the food was delicious. We received rave reviews from our guests on how much they loved the food. We would definitely recommend the City Line Hilton and the amazing Randy Schaller.

Sent on 12/02/2013

Colleen · Married on 06/01/2013

Randy Schaller was excellent and the entire staff working with us the day of the wedding was fabulous..very professional and responsive to all our needs

Sent on 06/14/2013

Christine · Married on 04/27/2013

We had our wedding at the Hilton on Citly Line Avenue just a couple weeks ago and it was absolutely beautiful! Randy Schaller was wonderful to work with and made every step of the process so easy and was always very accomodating. Any question I had was answered and he was always very promt in responding to emails and questions about planning. The service was impecable! Everyone since the wedding has commented on how amazing the service was that night! We could not have picked a better venue!

Sent on 05/13/2013