Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Ellisa
    Ellisa C. Married on 06/18/2021

Excellent Hotel for Wedding Block and Suite

The Hilton at Penn’s Landing was the perfect bridal suite location for my June 2021 wedding in Old City, Philadelphia! The hotel and location are stunning and the suite was extremely large, modern, and romantic, featuring a beautiful balcony overlooking the Delaware River. I loved getting my hair and makeup done in this suite because the lighting was amazing and the space was large enough to fit my 5 bridesmaids + 3 other wedding party guests. Alison Mann was also very sweet and easy to work with. She was prompt, professional, and ensured a great experience.
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin Married on 03/16/2019

Great for wedding room block

We had a room block at the Holiday Inn for our wedding weekend and everything was great. Gloria was so great to work with and we found the room rates to be very reasonable. Our guests had a great experience.
    Laura Married on 06/09/2018
    Exceeded my expectations. Savannah went above and beyond for us and made our wedding day truly amazing.
    Lisa Married on 05/18/2018
    Perfect venue for a wedding! Everything was perfect.
    Allie Married on 05/12/2018
    We decided to book the Hilton at Penn's Landing for our wedding because of the fantastic location and the reasonable prices. Many of our guests commented on how they loved the location. There was something for everyone in the area -- Old City for the kids in the family, bars and restaurants for our friends, and the awesome park next door.

We were able to book a large room block that accommodated a lot of out of town guests. Our families aren't from the Philadelphia area, so it was important to us that we had a large block with handicap accessible options. They were great about accommodating these requests.

The day of the wedding, they gave us the Penthouse suite for myself and the bridesmaids to use to get ready. The room was amazing with a breathtaking view. We had not seen the ballroom that morning, so when we got back from our wedding, we snuck in to take a peek, and we could not have been happier. The ballroom we were in (Columbus) has huge floor to ceiling windows that let in a lot of natural light in the evening, and as the sun went down you could see the lights from the park. Overall the atmosphere was very romantic.

We also got a bunch of compliments on the food. We had many options between the passed hors d'oeuvres and the multiple stations. We even asked if they could add something to the menu for us (cheesesteak eggrolls), and they made it work. Dinner was just as good, and my husband's family can't stop telling us about the "steak you could cut with a butter knife."

Overall, we took a risk booking this venue because the ballroom was going to be redone after we booked it. In the end, we are so happy with how everything turned out. I'd highly recommend this venue to anyone.
    Nicole Married on 10/14/2017
    I wanted to submit a view of how amazing our wedding was from October. People are still talking about how great of the venue, Hilton Penns Landing was! Our ceremony was so beautiful in front of the window overlooking Penns Landing Water. Our cocktail hour people are still ranting about! We had a shellfish bar and seafood bar and many stations, the food was just spectacular. I couldn't forget how great the staff was! From working with Gary to Jordana both were so great with the wedding process. Thank you all!
    Jennifer Married on 10/31/2015
    We used the Hilton Penn's Landing as our recommended hotel for our wedding at Tendenza in Northern Liberties. Everything was amazing! Their staff was professional and friendly and always willing to accommodate last minute requests. The Sales Manager, Rachel Brandel, was absolutely amazing. We had a large wedding with over 80 rooms booked over a long weekend, so there were lots of individual requests. She was extremely flexible and helped with everything - from getting us checked into rooms early to finding a space for our rehearsal. All of their front desk staff and bell captains were aware of the wedding and welcomed our guests warmly. Our guests are still raving about the hotel and plan to stay there on future visits to Philadelphia. Finally, the bridal suite was absolutely PERFECT! It was large and had a long balcony overlooking Old City. We will be staying there again!
    Laura Married on 10/23/2015
    We held our wedding reception at the Hilton at Penn's landing in October and we had the BEST experience! From beginning to end the experience was just exceptional. Wonderful, attentive, professional staff! The food was excellent and the managers at the Hilton were constantly checking with us to be sure we were always taken care of. We can't say enough good things about the Hilton!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 07/13/2019

A perfect venue for our big day!

We were thrilled with our experience at the Hilton on Penn's Landing for our July 13th, 2019 wedding. Below are some of the many highlights:
    -Catering director, Alison Manna. She was so great! We felt like we had our own wedding planner. She was professional, knowledgeable, responsive, and made our experience so much fun!
    -The staff at the event. From the door attendants to the bartenders ot the serving staff, everyone was kind, professional, and made us feel welcome.
    -The tasting and planning process. This was a blast! It was like a separate event in itself. We loved trying the food and making some choices for the big day. Planning was a breeze with the staff here.
    -The food! 1 word: delicious. The cocktail hour food, beverages, entrees, and desserts were all so so good.
    -The venue itself of course! The ballroom and cocktail hour location were perfect; just dressy enough for a classy affair, but not stuffy at all. Everyone felt comfortable and there was plenty of room for dancing! Beautiful views of Penn's landing could be seen from every location in the building, which was fantastic. We had many out of town guests, so we loved that they could enjoy the sights of Philadelphia, even from their rooms!
    -The rooms. Our suite was fabulous; we didn't want to leave! Rooms were clean and updated.

Thank you for helping to make our big day perfect!
    Gina Married on 05/18/2018
    Savannah was great! She was really accommodating with all of our questions and requests. The day couldn’t have gone any better.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer F. Married on 10/06/2018

Great Rehearsal Dinner and Stay for our Guests!

The Hilton at Penns Landing was the perfect choice for a recommended hotel for our guests, as well as for our rehearsal dinner. We had the rehearsal dinner at the Rope and Anchor special event room, which had a stunning waterfront view and fit perfectly our 65+ guests for a buffet dinner. We had a good experience in booking the rooms themselves, and the Hilton team was flexible in our changing needs as the wedding attendee responses came in (and grew!). The wedding suite was beautiful, and very large, perfect for getting ready in and relaxing after. The hotel site itself is beautiful and refreshing, convenient to center city, but outside the hustle and bustle on the waterfront for a great experience for all.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 09/04/2021

Horrible Experience

My letter to Hilton,
    I have to say how highly disappointed I am with the Hilton service as a whole! For a billion-dollar corporation, I am shocked and one would think this hotel just opened up this weekend. My husband, mother, and myself were all reassured/promised there would be a valet for the weekend. This was absolutely unacceptable stress to drive up to! Then all the issues my guests were having at the front desk to check in, plus my bridal party as we’re trying to get photos, in again unacceptable for a Hilton hotel. For instance: the bridal party had additional people listed on the room for check in. However, the other individuals listed on the room were not allowed to check in. In addition, the front desk checked someone into the wrong room, despite checking IDs. The Hilton added so much extra un-needed stress to our day, that we were already FORCED to reschedule as the Hilton double-booked! If I truly knew all this on the day you called, I would have switched venues in a heartbeat. Then, additionally my guest did not all receive their guest bags at check in, this does not make any sense. My guests then asked for the bag the following day and were told the bride picked up all the bags. I would love to check cameras to see who my bags were given to, because it was not me. Additionally, my décor was nowhere to be found the following morning as we planned the night prior to take everything home that day. I have also received notice that some of my guests that stayed over were also not informed to keep their keys to cover overnight parking, as was instructed due to the stress of changing our date, and therefore paid $37 for parking. This was embarrassing to us!

Now to the reception, I do not understand why I spend so much of my time detailing my vision prior to our event if this was not saved in a team file in case of an emergency, like what did happen. But then again, I guess if this was done then the team wouldn’t double book my 2021 date either. My memory tables, were absolutely not has I detailed, two separate tables. There was another completely empty table that could’ve been used as we planned. The female bartender was absolutely disgustingly rude to my guests, I would never recommend anyone’s events with her present.

Finally, from the first day, from the first contract I specially requested a non-alcoholic beer in replacement of Yards. That was only found at one bar, the one that no one wished to return to. I am speechless to this, as this was one of my BIGGEST requests while looking at venues.