Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs Reviews

14 Reviews for Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs

• Natalie

Natalie · Married on 06/16/2019

Perfect, fairy tale wedding

The wedding manager, Linda Helm, was a delight to work with and very responsive to requests and helpful with suggestions. The hotel was beautiful, and they worked with us and around our budget every step of the way, including our desire to have no bar. They gave us a room to store things in for the days before, and since we were very DIY, this was helpful. The food was good, and the ceremony and reception rooms were beautiful. The lobby has been recently renovated and that added to the charm of the day. Best of all, as an LGBTQ event, everyone was happy with how welcomed EVERYONE on staff made us all feel. Our guests are still talking g about what an elegant wedding it was, and my wife and I are still floating.

Sent on 06/30/2019

Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs's reply:

Natalie,
    Thank you for your kind words! Both the staff and I were delighted to be a part of your wedding to Shirley and I was honored to help both of you in the planning.
    Linda and staff

Magdalena · Married on 12/31/2017

The service was very good, the staff very friendly and quick response when I asked them to do something for me. The food was also very good, everyone liked the food.

Sent on 01/09/2018

Ami · Married on 11/25/2017

The Hilton of Orlando/Altamonte Springs was a great place to hold our Indian wedding. The general manager and wedding specialist were very catering to our needs and made sure that the wedding went just the way that we wanted. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Definitely recommend the Hilton of Orlando/Altamonte Springs!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Smta · Married on 10/28/2017

It was a pleasant experience for us to work with Linda Helm and all of her professional staff to plan a wedding reception for our son and daughter in law. Everything went so perfectly and it was a memorable experience for us as well as for our guests.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Caitlin · Married on 12/17/2016

We received wonderful service and Linda and John both went out of their way multiple times to make our wedding day special. The service, decor, and professionalism of the staff was wonderful and helped make our day truly memorable. If we could do it again, we would choose the Hilton!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs's reply:

Caitlin,
    Thank you for your kind words. I know I jumped into your planning process towards the end, but I must say you and your Mom were delightful to work with and I was glad to be a part of your special day at the Hilton.
    Linda

Vaishali · Married on 05/28/2016

While we did not have our actual wedding events at this hotel, we had our wedding guests stay at this hotel to be closer to our events. They all had a blast at this hotel and were very happy with the service. Because we have Hilton Honors, breakfast was included and everyone enjoyed the varieties. The Hilton Honors access lounge was the best place for all of our family to hangout and catch up after not seeing each other for a while. I would highly recommend this hotel for booking large wedding parties.

Sent on 07/10/2016

A · Married on 06/28/2014

We had spent a good amount of time looking for a venue for our wedding. It was by serendipity that I had found the Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Hotel. The outside may appear from the 80s but the inside is updated with beautiful natural tones/woods/metals and modern. The wedding package event options are fantastic which included bar with multiple meal options and cocktail hour hors d' oeuvres, linens, chair covers/sash. Hilton even had their own event lighting vendor who had great rates! Best of all it was all provided at reasonable prices and beat the competition in the area and in Heathrow. I was giddy to find that the hotel menu included cultural foods such as Hispanic and Asian food meal options. The chef is fantastic and everything tasted great! My guests all mentioned how good the food was. Zachary Warman was our event manager and he was wonderful to work with. He responded to emails quickly, is professional, was always eager to help, was very flexible. He kept tabs of everything, and detail oriented. On the day of the event everything looked fantastic, everyone had a great time, food was great, and the bar kept spirits high! :) If I could I would do it all again. Zachary and everyone at Hilton did a fantastic job! Thank you!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Michael · Married on 07/13/2013

The Hilton was GREAT!
    Zhaydrix, the catering manager, was extremely helpful and patient. We live in California so we really relied on him to help put everything together for us.
    Our wedding turned out beautiful! The guests all stayed there and were very happy with the rooms and services offered by the hotel.
    The staff were all very helpful, professional and courteous.
    The food was EXCELLENT (both at the ceremony and in the restaurant during our stay). (And we will never forget Carlo, a manager at the restaurant. He was so great that my mother and her husband invited him to stay with them in California! I think we ate at the restaurant more often just because we looked forward to his charming and entertaining personality!)
    Oh yeah! And the prices were kept very reasonable.
    Special thanks to Zhaydrix, Carlo, and the rest of the Hilton staff. You made our stay very pleasurable and memorable.

Sent on 07/18/2013
  • Smiley

April · Married on 09/29/2012

A great experience! According to all my guests, as well as the food I experienced... OUTSTANDING! The food and venue was wonderful! We worked with Bonny Bailey throughout and she was great! I couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend the Hilton-Altamonte Springs for anyone interested in having a wedding there. The hotel is beautiful, quality customer service, and outstanding food!

Sent on 09/30/2012

Aubrey · Married on 09/06/2014

We had our reception at the Hilton in Altamonte Springs. Overall I was really happy that we decided to go here.
    Zachary helped us figure out what we wanted & needed, what package & room would work best for us, etc. We even end up going with his Cake Vendor suggestion!
    At some point during our planning Zachary was promoted, so they were transitioning. Brittany was helping us out for a week when he had to be out of the office and then they both helped out in between then and our wedding.
    There was a mix up with rooms and the one we were promised was given away. This ended up working in our favor since they then gave us the big ballroom.
    The food tasted great! They let us bring a few small platters of desserts in from Publix. I don’t think normally this is aloud but due to the transition and some confusion they let us. Unfortunately the day of the wedding we brought them the platters and they forgot to put them out at the reception. By the time I realized it was already pretty late.. They went back and brought them out but most people were gone/leaving so we had a lot of those left over…
    My mother-in-law wanted to decorate & set up the room and she actually did our flowers too. John was in charge or room setup and worked very well with my her but still making sure we were happy with what was going on which was nice because some ideas we new about and other we didn’t.
    The day of my family wanted to play a video of us growing up during the dances & the Hilton was able to get us a TV to use last minute. They give the bride & groom a suite for their wedding night and the parents of the bride a free room too. Our suite was really nice & they had left a little gift and a note from the team wishing us the best! We were supposed to also get a free breakfast the next day but we never figure out how to order it.

Overall we were very happy that we picked the Hilton for our reception. They did a great job helping us make our day special!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Ashley · Married on 10/15/2011

WE HAD ALL OF OUR OUT OF TOWN GUESTS STAY AT THE HILTON AS WELL AS TAKE PICTURES THERE BEFORE THE WEDDING. BEAUTIFUL HOTEL. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 11/08/2011
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 07/17/2010

4.2
      3.0

The food was awesome. The banquet captain and catering manager were great and very professional. They were flexible with my couple changes that I wanted. The only complaints I have are: they forgot to put a gift table in the room, they didn't put the photo/easel in the room and the lighting that I paid extra for did not show up on the walls at all, just the gobo was visible and the underside of the cake table.

Sent on 07/19/2010

Kim · Married on 06/12/2010

4.2

We really enjoyed working with the Hilton in Altamonte Springs. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. We had both the ceremony and reception at the hotel. We were abot to have the ceremony and reception in two different rooms. The only thing that we did have a problem with was the servers at the reception were too quick to clear plate both eaten and uneaten from the tables. Some people never got to try the cake because they were dancing and the cake was taken off the table before they could get back. We did talk to Hilton about this and they said they would discuss this with there servers for the next event. Hopefully they have followed through with this. Despite this I would and have reccommended them for their services and use. They were really great and flexible with everything we asked of them.

Sent on 06/28/2010

Candice · Married on 12/10/2016

3.4
      3.5
      3.5
      3.0

Overall my wedding was wonderful. The hotel was the perfect place to have it. We had a lot of issues with the kitchen staff, our food, management and our contract had a lot of stuff missing that was pre payed for. Our guests didn't notice these things but I did. I held a meeting with the Hilton after and they fixed what they could. They had some staff leave literally the week before my wedding which left us up in the air, but that's not something they could control. They did their best and like I said, overall I'm happy with them.

Sent on 12/31/2016